Heartland Prowler Lynx RVs Reviews (20)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland Prowler Lynx RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Barry Johnsn from Alabama says:

Have you owned any Heartland Prowler Lynx RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Prowler Lynx 18LX View Listings

Peace of junk been in shop 32 of 9odays I had it Beware heartland I lost 45% the first day I got it,on 1st trip had 9 problems with camper 2nd trip 3 more then door in bathroom wont close then wood fell from front door jack bent fixed they sais then on third trip jack an tv cable broke..Like to get money back but now that Dixie got there hand full that not going to happen.SO here we are on every sight that I can find to worn U about these companies there bad to the bone NOT FIX 24 DAYS THATS SAD
- Barry Johnsn, Alabama

2019-09-02 2018 Heartland Prowler Lynx 18LX View Listings

While I like the design, floor plan, and size, the quality is not what I expected. After 1 year the roof leaked and the dealer said it was only warranted for 90 days. The day I brought it home, I had to tighten all the cabinet hardware and the outside shower was twisted inside and couldn't be used until repaired. After a recall repair to the brakes, the ground lighting never worked again and the dealer wouldn't even entertain fixing it under warranty. Towing is less than ideal since it sits on a high frame like a camper with a slide out and that causes major wind drag. (My '03 26ft coachmen towed better) After this last trip, we noticed one prong of the AC plug was melted (We did run the air most of our stay) so again, the quality of the parts are lacking. It is the only one we found that had what we wanted inside. Large fridge, queen bed, and gas oven, all requirements we were looking for. If you choose this model, just be prepared to pay attention to the issues and fix them immediately.
- Glenn Cippon, New Jersey

2019-07-16 2019 Heartland Prowler Lynx 32LX View Listings

We bought this camper in April and it is falling apart. The a/c freezes constantly and for some reason it is not on its own breaker. It is attached to every plug and the microwave in this camper. So naturally everything trips when you run the microwave and the a/c. The counters are peeling off. My 1998 trailer isnt even doing that. Overall its a 25k piece of junk.
- Steven Williams , Virginia

2019-07-14 2019 Heartland Prowler Lynx 32LX View Listings

We purchased this trailer brand new in May of 2018. It was a piece of garbage from day one...from the toilet paper holder to the awning leaking and tons of issues in between. We called the dealer we purchased from and had no response. In June of that same year I had a heart attack and my husband fell and broke his back. By the time we got back to the trailer the 1 year warranty was expired. The manufacturer said "sucks to be you". The dealership was a little kinder as they didn't respond to our original complaints, however, all they were willing to do was take it back as a trade in. I paid 47,000.00 and they offered 24,000.00. Don't deal with Keystone if you can help it!!!!
- Andrea Carere, Ontario

2019-05-21 2016 Heartland Prowler Lynx 30LX View Listings

We bought our trailer to make memories of adventure with our young daughter. She loved the back room, having bunk beds and space to play when taking a break from outside. We had guests utilize the dining table conversion bed and they raved about the comfort. We had a guest utilize the sofa conversion bed and he was very satisfied as well. Our kitchen area felt spacious with ample cabinet and storage space. The color scheme and patterns are easy to decorate with and provide a luxury feel to camping. My husband had no issues with towing or maneuvering with the trailer in his Ram 1500. We experienced excellent water pressure, air conditioning and all around comfort.
- Jessica , California

2019-05-18 2018 Heartland Prowler Lynx 25LX View Listings

I have camped all my life and Never have I had such issues, I will NEVER buy new again. I bought the camper in March and already have a roof leak by October in the bedroom. Took several months to repair. And now my toilet is leaking and I have no water in my new camper until it is fixed. Found out that the toilet has a leak and will rot the floor and I need to replace the whole toilet and repair the wet floor. No warranty or help from the manufacture. Absolutely Hate this company. Campers are cheaply made and no care on concern from the dealerships.
- Kristy Bitter, Ohio

2019-05-11 2018 Heartland Prowler Lynx 18LX View Listings

We bought this RV in October and it’s falling apart. We have had it in the shop for warranty work, which of course they haven’t fixed. I called and asked to speak to the guy who is our rep., of course he didn’t call back. Problems: Air Conditioner, broken seat, broken radio, broken hot water heater, broken blinds, broken door.....the only thing they want to fix is the radio. So this week I wanted to let them know about more problems and to ask when can I take the camper in. No return call from the Breaux Bridge sales sight. Today I ask my son to come and grab linens to put into the shop. He stepped on the stairs and went down instantly. I thought he slipped with all the rain we were having....no this 6 month old campers stairs came apart. I complained about the stairs previously because the wobble. There is absolutely no reason for these stairs to have faltered. This camper is under cover. It’s under a RV port and on concrete. The weather doesn’t even touch the camper. So now my child is hurt and we have no way in and out of this garbage camper.
- Gwen , Louisiana

2019-02-14 2019 Heartland Prowler Lynx 32LX View Listings

This is a complaint and seeking guidance. I purchased the 32LX Lynx Prowler in November 2018. It is February 2019 and so far we have discovered several issues and concerns: 1. The insulation in the trailer is inadequate as moisture appears around the doors and windows, as well on various areas of the inner walls and in corners, such as where the dinette cushions are sitting for normal use. 2. Mold has begun appearing due to the moisture, around the dinette and in the bedding areas. 3. The oven will not stay lit and continues to go out once lit. The service people have a part that "may" fix the issue. 4. The rear van/vent in the Bunk area rubs the top guard on the exterior of the camper, and causes us to avoid use. 5. The duct work was not sealed thoroughly and you can see where the ducts are breaking away from the vents to expose open areas in the floor through the vents. 6. The shower insert is separating form the wall and shows signs of pink mole/mildew at all of the corners. This is regardless of weekly cleaning. 7. The thermostat barely stays attached to the wall and makes using the buttons impossible. Even tightening the screws does not help keep the control attached to the wall. Most importantly, both of my children have been diagnosed with Bronchitis two times while in this trailer. And I have to assume this is from the mold and moisture, since I could count on one hand the number of doctor's visits they had, in 5 and 2 years, before staying in this trailer. I understand that most or all of the issues stated above can be resolved with a service call. However, I feel it is poor design since this trailer is not even 6 months old and most of these issues were discovered within the first 2-weeks of ownership.
- John, Mississippi

2019-02-14 2014 Heartland Prowler Lynx 27LX View Listings

Bought new March 2018 had water leak under sink when hooked to city water that has been repaired under warranty but slide out seal leaked and destroyed cabinet and Heartland refused to make any repairs even though seal is deteriorated and falling apart. I personal am very disappointed and would never buy another one of their products.
- Carl Albert Schlueter, South Carolina

2018-12-17 2019 Heartland Prowler Lynx 32LX View Listings

We purchased this trailer as a temporary living situation while we are house-hunting. We have been staying in it with two small children and a cat for about four weeks and while it’s not bad, I wish we had looked at a few other models before making a decision. The Prowler seems to be hastily assembled with several things being overlooked. (We have an appointment with the dealer to fix several issues in a couple of days.) For example, the water leading to the toilet is slowly dripping onto the floor. The thermostat is very loose on the wall and when tightened will become loose again in a day or two, making the controls difficult to use. The faucet at the kitchen sink wasn’t sealed with silicone or caulk so when water gets on the counter around the fixture it ends up dripping into the cabinet below. Our oven will not stay lit because the thermocoupler is faulty. The insulation in the walls is very poor. We have had several cold nights and we actually have a thin layer of condensation forming on the walls and considerably more on the windows and around the exterior doors. If you consider purchasing this (or any other) trailer, remember the beds and try lying down on them for a few minutes. The queen bed and all bunks are very hard in our model. They are also very short. My husband and I aren’t exceptionally y’all and yet we both have our pillows crammed as far as they will go and still our feet are hitting the wall. My daughter’s bunk is only about five feet long. Overall I’m glad we have a trailer vs having to rent something but again, I wish we had looked at a few more models than we did.
- Carmen, Mississippi

2018-09-10 2018 Heartland Prowler Lynx 32LX View Listings

Our second Prowler Lynx, we upgraded to a larger model. That was 6 months ago and still have not used it. Had a little mishap with a yellow pole. Did a little damage on the siding on a slider. Been in the shop since March and they are still waiting on the parts.will never buy another RV from Heartland. They only respond by email but not right away. I’d maybe give them 1 star.
- Joyce Baker, Louisiana

2018-09-10 2018 Heartland Prowler Lynx 30LX View Listings

I am very unhappy with my purchase..... lots of troubles with leaks...dealer refuse to help ....heartland not helping either ...always a run around ..... where’s the customer service when you need them
- Blossom, Northwest Territories

2018-08-24 2017 Heartland Prowler Lynx 32LX View Listings

Complete junk. The only good thing is it pulls very good behind my F-150. I had doubts my truck could do it, but it has zero issues even on big hills and mountain driving. It has been in the shop twice and each time for 100 days due to warranty taking forever to approve. The sink faucet leaked due to the manufacturer over tightening the water lines, screws sticking through the outside kitchen to the inside bunks, which almost poked my daughter, shower leaked, screws holding the rear slide door stripped out, inside lights above slide came loose and snagged while sliding the slide out, the inside fridge does not get cold, vent a hood went out, front door was ent so bad I could stick my hand in the top all the way to my knuckles. I actually cancelled my storage spot where I parked it due to how long it was in the shop. I will never buy a Heartland product again and tell everyone I know not to.
- Jeff, Texas

2018-06-25 2018 Heartland Prowler Lynx 22LX View Listings

Bought my22 LX Prowler in the fall of 2017. I took it out for the first time May 2018. Wow! first my stereo wasn't working. Called dealership and they informed me to check the fuse. Yes on my memorial day weekend I had to pull my radio. First the trim that surrounds the radio face, was not attached. Then one of the screws holding the radio in was stripped. It did have a blown fuse for what ever reason !!! Then I found out the CD player doesn't work! Went to get my water system started up. Found a hose that led from one of my tanks that should of been routed through the floor. It was not ! To beat it all, went to flush my toilet, and felt water spraying on my leg. Turns out the toilet was missing a bolt on one side. It was never installed correctly!!!!! My automatic awning quit working when I tried to reel it in. I finally got it to work, but the motor makes a terrible whining sound. Of course things happen, but other than the awning, everything else should of been caught at final inspection. There it no excuse for the toilet, or the hose issue. I am very disappointed ! Yes covered under warranty. But In order to take it back to the dealership I bought it from is a 3 hour drive. Heartland did give me some local dealers who will do the work. I am very disappointed. The workmanship on this camper is very unacceptable.
- BB, Tennessee

2018-06-23 2018 Heartland Prowler Lynx 30LX View Listings

We were looking for a quad bunk unit. We really liked the 32 lx but the bunks were too small. We traded in and got a great trade value for our old coachman. The new trailer has had no major issues since we bought it. The led light bar above the slide out broke off. The trim that covers the screws along the outside of the trailer cracked (it is a thin piece of plastic). The only other issue we've had so far was the antennae booster failed. Our local dealer in Canton had our trailer for 4 days and repaired everything back to brand new! We've had the trailer for over a year and we're looking forward to many more adventures!
- Jon Z, Texas

2018-05-31 2018 Heartland Prowler Lynx 25LX View Listings

This is the worst product I have ever purchased. the first trip out we had leaks in the kitchen sink, toilet, and the drain plumbing. This soaked the particle board cabinets and swelled the wood tearing the laminate. The hot water heater is leaking and discharging black smoke. The siding came dented. The cabinets came scratched. The wiring to the brakes fell off under the unit. the ground effects we not attached in several places. The LEDs lights are out. The entire GFCI circuit failed and has a short. there is chipped paint. there were nails coming through to the head of the bad. The shower floor is failing. I emailed customer service and wanted to return the unit, their response was no, they would get it fixed and it would take several weeks even months. I bought the unit to use it and have never been more dissatisfied with service or product.
- Dan Fraser, New Hampshire

2017-09-14 2016 Heartland Prowler Lynx 18 LX View Listings

We bought a used 2016 LX18 the summer of 2017 that had barely been used. Still smelled new on the inside. As an 'empty nest' couple, it is just big enough for the two of us and our 3 dachshunds. No doubt the next one will be a little larger as I work on the road and we use the TT as a mobile office. Really wanted a rear dining so as not to disturb the wife when I get up early to work. AC seems noisy. Anyway, we have had good luck with the Lynx so far. No problems at all. I took advice from others and completely re-caulked the shower and while doing it I can see that it would be a good idea as many of the joints in the plastic were warped and over time would collect water and rot out behind the shower unit. So, CAULK THE SHOWER! Also added wall hooks all over as there are no towel racks at all. The overall quality is "cheaply built" but it is understandable in the manufacturers need to produce an affordable unit. Just stay on top of the small things like loosening screws and staples pulling loose, and watch the exterior caulking for signs of separation. The unit pulls like a dream behind my 2500 Silverado with no sway control devices at all. Overall, very happy with the Prowler Lynx 18LX.
- Richard B, Texas

2017-05-22 2018 Heartland Prowler Lynx 30LX View Listings

Fell in love with it from the moment we saw it on our dealers lot. The open concept layout with the slide gives us a lot of room. The bunk house design is awesome when we have grandchildren for weekend trips. Master bedroom has a door on both sides for ease of getting into the bed. Just an awesome layout and package for the money. We looked at the 32' version with the outside kitchen it is awesome and I wish we could have got that feature with the LX30, however it was not at all a deal breaker we are 5 star satisfied with our purchase. We purchased this unit from Atwood Trailer Services in Mineral City Ohio and as usual Del the owner dealt with us personally we got a great trade in value for our old travel trailer, an awesome price on the new one, and his customer service is second to none.
- Brian , Ohio

2016-08-09 2016 Heartland Prowler Lynx 18 LX View Listings

We resently purchased a Lynx 18LX I like how it tows and the looks of the camper is great. The AC is pretty noisy I guess just because the small space but it cools good. I like the layout but wish we could had gotten a couch instead of the dinette table but our dealer said it was not possible, the LED lights in the awning partially quit working on our 1st camping trip and dealer was unable to replace with the same length they stop 4 to 5 inches from each end. The shower leaked into floor due to no sealant at bottom of shower wall . All in all now that small problems are taken care of we will get to enjoy it.
- Guy Ceplina, Missouri

2016-07-11 2016 Heartland Prowler Lynx 30LX View Listings

Love my Prowler Lynx. Roomy with the 14 ft. slide. All kinds of room and storage. All seems to be assembled with good craftsmenship. I look forward to upgrading in the future. Heartland will be my manufacturer of choice. Dealership personnel and knowledge was also a deciding factor. All go hand in hand with a good product. Albert G. Boyle Jr.
- Albert G. Boyle Jr., Texas