Heartland Pioneer

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland Pioneer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Roger king from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Pioneer RK280 View Listings

With what you charge for a travel trailer these days you should be ashamed of the mattresses you put in your trailers I would be more comfortable sleeping on the floor, it feels like I am sleeping on a box spring.i went and bought a topper for the mattress but a lot of good that did. Love my trailer but being able to sleep in a comfortable bed is a very important part of a trailer also. You shouldn't have to go out and pay for another matress when the one in the trailer is new. Shame on you is all i have to say, my last purchase.
- Roger king, California

2021-09-13 2021 Heartland Pioneer 280RKS View Listings

Got unit brand new and since everything is falling apart.dealer saying it’s the cheap trailer so what we pay that’s what we’ll get hmm $46k I paid but the dealer won’t back on they product at all. The walls are falling apart and the water is leaking from the bottom while we driving, the Trailer has a nice floor plan but the material is absolutely atrocious it is made of cheap wood with pink insulation its very weak , the storage is next to nothing and the reliability is terrible it is a great beginning trailer for starters with big families but for people use to camping going year round and using monthly is isn’t the best
- Daniel, Alberta

2021-09-12 2021 Heartland Pioneer 280RKS View Listings

I bought it new from camping world on Dec 8 2020 I travel a lot as a Camphost there there was a few thing wrong with it from day but was fixed at no cost I the outside almost daily and found everything ok. In May I went to get some paper plates from under my dinenett and found the floor was very wet as was everything thin else I called camping world in North Dakota to have it looked at they said it would 6 weeks before they could look at because they were booked so l headed for the Gulf I stopped in my and called Camping world in mo same thing at least a month I got to Dolphin Island on 14th 2021 called Camping world in Rogersdale Al and made a appointment for Aug 23 2021 They came out and looked at it and said the seas were bad and I might want to contact my insurance company because the warranty was only good for 90 days and I didn't do regular maintenance on it I called heartland 4 times They said camping world should have seen that when they inspected it The floor is water damaged and needs to be replaced Heartland and camping world told me that I have to pay for it $5,000,00 are more and it would take 14 days to replace the floor I'm fulltime !!!Really 9 months old now and I have to pay out of pocket!! O and in Dec 2020 when I bought this one they told me that before they could trade they need $10,000.00 More to fix the floor in my 2016 Keystone I laid and that unit is still on a camping world lot in Fl. How can a floor in a brand new unit be that bad in 6 months? Last no one from Camping world has ever detected ware the leak is they never pulled anything out to see ware the problem is
- Joseph McGinnis, Mississippi

2021-08-24 2020 Heartland Pioneer DS320 View Listings

I purchased a Pioneer DS320 travel trailer from Gander Outdoor in July, 2020. In June 2021, Gander filed a warranty claim because the super slide roof was leaking. The claim was denied by Heartland RV because Gander couldn't provide a picture of the sealant on the front of the slide where the roof was held in place by a piece of trim. The service manager at Gander assured me that there was no sealant on the trim, which is what caused the leak. The lack of quality workmanship is appalling. I will be out several thousand dollars for repairs because Heartland won't stand behind their products.
- Don Taylor, Arkansas

2021-08-24 2021 Heartland Pioneer 330BH View Listings

Heartland pioneer is poorly built. 3 weeks after purchase things started coming apart... The borders on the walls and parts of the wall bubbling, sink pipes coming apart causing water pouring out, the 3 slides do not seal all the way down in the corners when opened so critters can get in. Very poorly built as if it was just thrown together quickly. Very unsatisfied... basically...I got screwed.😡
- A Adenusi, Texas

2021-08-16 2021 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

We bought our first travel trailer. Its a 2021 Heartland Pioneer. I had immediate problems with the Air conditioner and we found a roof leak. I took it in to Gander Rv and it has been 8 week and i still have not got it back. I do not recommend this trailer nor Gander RV!!
- James H Grimes, Arkansas

2021-08-11 2018 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

Good overall trailer that we like to use from time to time. The travel trailer continues to be trustworthy for our desired use of leisure. If I had to recommend this travel trailer to others I would rate it as eight of ten for an entry level trailer.
- Jeremy Patterson, Virginia

2021-08-09 2021 Heartland Pioneer BH279 View Listings

My husband and I bought a brand new 2021 BH270 Heartland Pioneer. We have owned it for a total of 42 days and used it twice. It has been in the shop for 21 of those days. We purchased it thinking things would be built right. You buy something brand new you expect it to be in perfect condition. Well the first time we used it whoever built it didn’t hook up the hoses underneath the kitchen sink causing it to leak and ruin the cupboards. We took it in to have it fixed. They had it a total of 5 days and they said they fixed it. We went in and they didn’t even tighten the faucet back down. The second time using it, it happen to rain as we were driving down the road. When we stopped and opened the door the entire floor was flooded with about two inches of water. It’s almost as if they didn’t seal the bottom of the camper. My husband cleaned it up and we continued to drive home. Well it rained more and it flooded again ruining the cabinets and some of our other belongings that were inside the camper. When we contacted Camping World which is where we purchased the camper they said to bring it in. It just happen to rain on our way to drop it off and it flooded again. The tech said he had never seen anything like it before. Fast forward to today Heartland and a Camping World keep going back and fourth as to who should be responsible for this terrible situation. Heartland wants the scenario repeated to make sure what is happening is happening and they want someone to ride inside the camper to take video during a rain storm while driving down the road to prove that it is actually a manufacturing defect. That is illegal. We would have been better off buying a cardboard box. My husband and I are furious at this point. We want a full refund or for them to swap it out for a new camper. They said they won’t do either. I DO NOT RECOMMEND Heartland. It has been a nightmare.
- Kynlee Mitchell, Utah

2021-08-05 2021 Heartland Pioneer BH250 View Listings

My pioneer has a great floorplan!The BH250 is light enough to be towed by my suv, has large bunk beds, a private bedroom and is less than 30 feet long!It also has nice countertops, and lots of storage.
- Scott, Minnesota

2021-08-04 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

We have owned 7 previous new RVs and have not had the problems we have had with this unit. Oven didn’t work, wouldn’t stay lit. Took over 10 months to get a pilot light assembly and finally our dealer took it off a damaged stove that had come in for someone else. The door snapped from day one. Our dealer cut the hinge to stop it from snapping. Took 10 months to get a new hinge. Trim pieces keep falling off. Our grand kids were leaning against wall in bunks playing Ipads. After an hour they moved only to find the pattern on the wall had transferred onto their backs. Two big white spots now on wall. Heartland would not cover under warranty as they said it was our doing. If they hadn’t used such cheap wall panelling, this wouldn’t happen. In all our 40 years of RVing this has never happened to us before. Now the the piezo lighter won’t work on front burner, a few days after warranty expired. What is going to be next. Wouldn’t recommend there product.
- Chaulk Rick, British Columbia

2021-07-25 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

We bought a 2021 and it has had nothing but problems. We were towing it and it started to rain and it leaked inside and got mud everywhere inside. The quality is terrible as well. The cupboards are basically made of paper. I do not recommend buying one of these trailers.
- Kynlee Mitchell, Utah

2021-07-14 2021 Heartland Pioneer RL250 View Listings

We bought in January 2021. Our first trip out we had an electrical issue. Heartland said we could get a mobile repairman out for about $150. Our new warranty would not pay for that but would pay for the parts. WTH? Luckily Darrell is very handy and was able to keep us warm and toasty for the week we were out. We called Gander and returned our camper to them on Sunday. They said it could take 3-4 weeks to get to. Darrell told them no, we have reservations in two weeks, we will pick up on x date. We picked it up, they said it was fixed. We went camping again and again we had an electrical issue. This time D fixed it himself. Gander has put the wrong electrical wire nut on and it came apart again. Next we came home to the camper and the air was out. The wire but had burned apart. Lucky no further fire. Then we had a leak in the bathroom. Jack at Heartland sent one out immediately. When Darrell took it off and out the new one on it could have been fixed with a simple delta washer cup. Then we had another electrical issue in that out truck would not recognize the trailer. Darrell went wire by wire to fix and fixed that. He is very handy and all in all we love our camper. We were warned that there would be repairs and if the owner can’t fix it, it could take months at the dealer or Manu repair. So maintenance really stinks but all in all we really love our camper. It is perfect with all its faults for us.
- Debra Oliver, Georgia

2021-07-06 2016 Heartland Pioneer View Listings

This is by far the worst investment I have ever made from day one I got the camper I have nothing but bad things to say I know I had at least for leaks in it and now I have a leak in it in a dry rotted some of the flooring the hot water to the shower never work it has just been a total bad experience and I'm super pissed off that I bought it from Camp World cuz they honor none of their warranty work Heartland should be ashamed to even sell this product
- jay w kindell, Ohio

2021-06-29 2020 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

Horrible have had 49 warranty issues. Heartland doesn’t stand behind their products. Wall is coming apart, heartland approved staples and trim. Wall is coming apart again heartland won’t approve the wall to be rebuilt. This camper has had walls collapse on us. Table falling apart, staples coming out of cupboards and paneling. Heater broke. Bunkhouse boards warping. Do not purchase this. Dealer doesn’t stand behind there product. They told me they will not approve to have the wall taken apart and rebuilt. And if the product fails again it’s not their problem. They said they do not care that I tell people not to purchase from them.
- Kayla R, South Dakota

2021-06-23 2018 Heartland Pioneer DS320 View Listings

Run do not buy. Bought in April 2018, by June 2018 had to fight with camping world to look at it due to everytime it rains the dinette slide leaks. The toilet leaks, the pipes inside the trailer going to outside shower leak. The water pump leaks. The ac installed cannot keep up with the Fla heat. All screws falling out of fender Wells. Lights on awning work sometimes. This is a eye candy model but the list of problems go on. Camping world claims they fixed slide leak but today is June 23,2021 and I’m trying to find someone to look at slide water damage. All flooring under slide needs replacing as it’s caving in. Camping World are Liers and Heartland does shotty work. The price was cheaper than others and now I know why. So basically I’m stuck with a 300 payment each month and a camper that can’t be used and I can’t trade it in because I’m Too too heavy with bal. Do not buy learn from my mistakes. And of course anything water related is not covered by warranty imagine that’s. Final thought the electrical is constantly flipping the breakers hopefully it will catch on fire and I will be rid of it.
- Janet Hall, Florida

2021-06-21 2016 Heartland Pioneer DS310 View Listings

I really enjoyed this trailer lots of room. Back room as bunk over double and single bunk on the other side. Great for my grandkids. Lots of room. I would recommend this trailer to anybody. Very roomy inside. Side entertainment outside with sink. Outside door to bathroom great when kids are wet from playing with water there is no need to walk through trailer.
- Diane McHugh, Ontario

2021-05-14 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

Most of the reviews here are just about everything I had happen. Sway at 50 MPH was beyond belief. I had to drive with one hand on the wheel and the other on the trailer brake switch. I put in 3000$ worth of air bags, 1000$ worth of Friction brakes and now the moldings are falling off the master bedroom ceiling, closet, side panels, doors just pick a place. This is all under 500 miles of travel. I called the dealer, and the factory a number of times to see how to get the TV off the wall so I could attach the cables. Talked to at least five people and they didn't have any idea how to do it. Support if you need it non existent. Stay away as far as possible from this company.
- Wayne Whittaker, California

2021-04-09 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

We spent a lot of money and finally decided to buy a new rv.(This is our 5th rv) We've had many problems within the first year and the warranty covers almost nothing. It covered cosmetic things but not the important things.
- Lori Crouse, Minnesota

2021-02-12 2017 Heartland Pioneer RK280 View Listings

I own this camper and every time it rains the awning breaks the arms! I realize not to have it out during wind but a lite rain! Mine has already broke the sa.e arm three times! Called the Heartland company fed complaint but got no answer or reply!
- Carolyn fowler, North Carolina

2020-12-05 2017 Heartland Pioneer RG28 View Listings

Great RV toy Hauler.Tows Great.6700 lbs. WeEverything works as it should. Never any problems. Sleeps 6. All maintenance done as recommended. Noce and warm in the winter and nice and cool in the summer.
- Richard Vernon Jr, North Carolina

2020-12-02 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

My sister bought a pioneer in March this year and has a 3 yr warrantee and the airconditioner is about to fall in on hers the rafters broke and there saying at heartland to seal and paint the roof with seal someone's nuts there you can't put seal on a broken rafters that's stupid it's about to totally come in from the roof to her living room of her travel trailor what nuts are these manufacturers they push these off the assembly line so fast then they pass inspection she's had to replace the mother board to in her furnuse I would not recommend this brand to anyone you will be stuck replacing everything in them hers is a 2020 modle what's wrong with heartland letting them go out to us low income people that put there trust in a bunch of b.s. people stop and don't buy these brands please because they arnt no good lots of issues to this brand unless you are rich and can afford to keep it more in the shop and less on the road then buy this cheap brand you pay 19,000 but pay out 10,000 in repairs then they don't want to cover the coast knowing it's a major problem but they want you to put it in the shop a lot and you pay for it out of your pocket stop and don't buy one it's a heart braker to get
- Pamela, Virginia

2020-12-01 2019 Heartland Pioneer RL250 View Listings

All the reviews are true. Had this 8 months. Mattress is a joke. Every faucet leaks. Staples popping out everywhere. The divider between the couch and table broke. Vynal Floor stains. Planed obsolescence junk. You’ve been warned.
- barrycowan, North Carolina

2020-11-21 2019 Heartland Pioneer RG22 View Listings

08 NOV 2020 To: Gander RV and Heartland RV Management From: John D Spyker (Customer # XXXXXXX) Subject: Experience with GANDER RV (Saint Augustine Fl-Dealer) and Heartland RV (manufacture) in reference to Pioneer RG-22 Camper/Trailer Summary: The Gander RV’s services department’s fell significantly short of any reasonable or expectation. The warranty that is offered on all new units is not a Gander RV warranty but a combination of several manufacturers’ warranties. If there are issues with a new camper and the service department is required to repair it under warranty, they reach out to the manufacturer or component companies to claim the warranty. This causes significant delays in repair. Also, if there are any disputes from a manufacturer or component company, they proved unable or unwilling to resolve most disputes without intervention from the owner. Communication between service management, service personnel and service technicians was poor. Quality assurance is nearly non-existent. Service Management actively avoid conflict resolution. Service management did offer a few minor amenities (an extra sway bar and below standard repair to minor damage to camper at no additional charge), but this compensation fell significantly short of making things right. The manufacturer (Heartland) produces a product that is poorly constructed and designed while their warranty department goes above and beyond in their efforts to dispute valid repair claims. Gander RV continues to conduct business with this company despite reporting routine dissatisfaction of interaction with the company. Major Material Issue Summary: Problem 1: Broken Shower Drain- repair periods 1-3 - never fully resolved Problem 2: Wheel Well Fender Defect - repair period 1/2 - warranty dispute Problem 3: Leaking Toilet Flush Valve- repair period 2-3 Problem 4: Refrigerator- repair period 4 Other issues: Long repair times largely due to lack of Communication and reluctance to cover warranty related issues. Camper Timeline Summary 27 Aug 19: Received custody up new camper at Gander RV. 05 Sep 19 - 09 Dec 19: Repair Period 1 (Problem 1, Problem 2) - 95 Days 27 Apr 20 - 06 Aug 20: Repair Period 2 (Problem 1, Problem 3) - 101 Days 10 Aug 20 - 06 Nov 20: Repair Period 3 (Problem 1 Problem 4) - 108 days end of year warrenty (27 Aug 20)
- John Spyker, Florida

2020-11-09 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

I had a vent for range hood break on my trailer . Heartland is no help in replacing it ,They don’t take orders by Phone , Gander outdoors who sells these campers are no help . I am to the point of why would I ever buy another of their products if everything is a huge hassle ?
- Robert McHenry, New York

2020-10-09 2016 Heartland Pioneer DS310 View Listings

Worst experience ever. I will never buy hearland products again. Half the screws are twisted off and has leaked like a siv from day one. Frame flexes and metal pops out around doors. The biggest piece of junk I have ever owned. We bought new and warranty had covered nothing. Do not purchase one I'm so sick from keeping up with whats wrong
- leslie mckenney, Missouri