Heartland Pioneer Reviews on RV Insider (64)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland Pioneer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Roger king from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Pioneer RK280 View Listings

With what you charge for a travel trailer these days you should be ashamed of the mattresses you put in your trailers I would be more comfortable sleeping on the floor, it feels like I am sleeping on a box spring.i went and bought a topper for the mattress but a lot of good that did. Love my trailer but being able to sleep in a comfortable bed is a very important part of a trailer also. You shouldn't have to go out and pay for another matress when the one in the trailer is new. Shame on you is all i have to say, my last purchase.
- Roger king, California

2020-09-15 2017 Heartland Pioneer DS310 View Listings

This RV is perfect for families. The bunkhouse gives kids a perfect place to rest and play with a sliding door than can easily be shut or left open. There are lots of sleeping options - a loft bed and set of bunk beds in the bunkhouse, a dinette and couch that both make into beds and a queen bed in the master. The floor plan is great. The outdoor kitchen is large and a great addition to the trailer. Setup was simple. I would definitely recommend this trailer.
- Amber Helmuth, Oklahoma

2020-09-13 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

We purchased the BH270 in July 2020, and have had nothing but problems. The first issue was the inside trim around the fridge, slide out and screen door would fall off, then the vent on the outside fell off, we took it to camping world, and they fixed it. Now the wall panel is coming off, the bathroom door won't stay shut, the outside door to the bathroom won't open, and the lock has fallen off. Very shotty work whoever assembled this should be ashamed of their work, and whoever inspected the final work needs to find another line of work
- Nicholas Smith, Ohio

2020-09-13 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

Do not buy this RV!! I purchased my 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 4 months ago and made a huge mistake. Cheap Chinese garbage! My cabinets are missing screws, most screws are stripped, things are falling apart. Shame on you heartland! Everything on this RV is junk! I strongly urge you to do your research (unlike me before my purchase) and buy something better. I am getting rid of this piece of junk as soon as I can.
- Christopher Bann, Texas

2020-08-30 2019 Heartland Pioneer RL250 View Listings

Bought a brand new trailer last summer and have had nothing but water issues. Under the kitchen sink and under the shower. We've had to take it back to be repaired twice- had them in a few times and it's going back in this winter for more water damage, the curtain valence is falling off, the rope part of the seat for the dinette is hanging off. :-(. Pioneer should be absolutely embarrassed to be selling this piece of crap trailer and we haven't even traveled yet with it. Just back and forth for repairs. DON'T BUY THIS TRAILER!!!!
- Elaine Misson , Ontario

2020-08-09 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH175 View Listings

Very cheaply made. Purchasing a heartland pioneer is not recommended! Was excited to buy my first new camper. Should have done more research on the heartland Pioneer bh 175. First time out it rained. Water poured through the ac unit. What a mess I had to clean up. Air unit was not bolted down tight. On the way home from my ruined birthday weekend the exhaust fan cover blew off. Molding around he bunk beds will not stay on. Storm door panel won’t stay in place. Electric brake away cable was broke. Screws in the outside molding came out. The mattress is not even worth putting the the camper. I could go on. The price you pay be this camper is far more than it is worth. Camping World charged me $1,000 to prep the camper. Evidently nothing was checked! Wasn’t even swept out. Metal shaving were every where. I’m stuck with a high interest rate payment for the next 10 years on a camper that might last 1 year.
- Donavan Daily, Virginia

2020-08-03 2020 Heartland Pioneer DS320 View Listings

The ownership of any heartland product is highly NOT!!! recommended. To start with we purchased the DS320 from a Camping World in May of 2020, we were set up June to camp and it began to rain, no big deal there but come to find out both slide outs were leaking from the seams on the top side completely a manufacturer issue. We took it to Camping world and they fixed the issue and agreed it was a manufacturer issue 'worst job ever seen' quoted from the service manager. Thought we were good, then we find the toilet leaking, my kid cut hit foot on a staple being pushed through the linoleum on the floor, kitchen sink leaking from the sink basin and the water input on the hot side. I would never recommend to anyone for any reason to purchase a heartland product. Their website which talks about quality is a total lie. Frustration level is through the roof, so much so I'm taking on substantial negative equity to get rid of this thing.
- Michael Greenleaf , North Carolina

2020-08-02 2016 Heartland Pioneer DS310 View Listings

nice looking trailer. Quality is terrible. My 2016 DS310 is rotted out.all tips leak like crazy. Stepped through the floor last week. Place i bought it from i would never buy again. Bought the top of the line warranty. May as well throw that out the window.place is a joke.sell you the world but when it comes down to service its beyond terrible. There is 7 more trailers in our park and every one of them has nothing but issues . Sivk to my stomach yo know I paid 30 k for a piece of junk.stay away from them.look nice and practical but s**t quality.
- Robert Kovacevic , Ontario

2020-07-26 2018 Heartland Pioneer RG26 View Listings

We’ve never had any problems a few minor things , ceiling and some peeling off of cabinets. No spare tire only real complaint. We have taken it about 10 times. Air and furnace work great . Taken grand kids and 2 dogs camping and husband has taken it hunting with our son.
- William Pullins, Ohio

2020-07-25 2019 Heartland Pioneer DS320 View Listings

Overall the floor plan is why I purchased this camper. It fits my family comfortably and the price was right. Pros: Floor plan Exterior kitchen Slides Bathroom accessible from the outside Bunk house Cons: Has room for extra storage that the factory didn’t utilize Seems to be built in haste Controls for water pump and heater are accessible to children (could have been higher.) Overall a low quality of build, I am systematically going through and correcting the little things the manufacture should have done. Conclusion I would buy this camper again, considering that I saved 10k compared to the competitors version. Who knows possibly the competition is equally constructed.
- Rich, Colorado

2020-07-08 2019 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

The only positive feedback I can give is, the camping experience with my family has been great, BUT I tremendously regret buying a pioneer heartland BH270. The camper is laid out great but the craftsmanship and roofing is beyond disappointment. I should have known the day that we came to pick it up there were already pieces of trim coming off. Within nine months of owning the roof started to bow up meaning the sealant was not in place like it should. With that being said we thought we would be good with a one-year warranty but because I did not read the owners manual in depth (which I will take responsibility for) and did not take it back in 90 days for an inspection. Which was never mentioned when we bought it only raves about the one year manufacture warranty for the roof/craftsmanship being replaced if anything happened. Within less than six camping trips and those being less than 1000 miles total the stabilizer went bad in the back the axles were not correctly tightened which made all tires start to where not to mention the roof needing complete repair. Manufacture did not back the roof saying it was on us for lack of maintenance had a known 90 days it needed to be checked I would have. If one cannot produce a product that is good after 90 days that’s not saying much for the products that are being produced. Save yourself the trouble of buying a camper that a manufacturer does not stand behind. If I had it to do over I would still buy a camper just not a Heartland pioneer manufactured camper.
- Autumn Snyder , Tennessee

2020-07-03 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

Not happy with our purchase spend all that money and things already falling apart and not working first time taking it out and electric outlet outside dont work paneling falling off wall on the slide out and around bed. Shower surround came loose, light around outdoor speaker not working and like others I agree to much money and the mattress on bunks and queen bed are horrible. I feel it wouldnt be a lot to put a better memory foam mattress on all the beds the bunks are like sleeping on a sheet of plywood.It is our first travel trailer but rethinking our purchase definitely. We up graded from a pop up to the pioneer but will say the beds on the popup were better than these beds.
- Jennifer Johnson, Ohio

2020-06-24 2017 Heartland Pioneer RD210 View Listings

We have owned this rv for two years. Cheap manufacturing job & materials!! Pros: floor plan & color scheme, ok for two adults & 1 child. Cons: dining room table, a/c is loud, thin mattress, metal shavings & saw dust everywhere, tub drain leak, shavings & saw dust under tub, screw holes at panels easily stripped, wallpaper seams wrinkle. Upgrades: new shower head. Repairs: dismantled tub/shower stall to repair leaky drain, reinforced platform supporting tub to make more sturdy/less bounce. Reset bathroom door. We are enjoying our camping experiences & will slowly make upgrades. New dining room table/wall mounted & black out curtains.
- H.Reed, North Carolina

2020-06-04 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

New to the RV world new 2020 Heartland BH280. I have noticed some small issues. Thermostat was not installed properly looks like it’s going to fall off any day. The Bed is the worst ! They should have made them more comfortable. Who wants to invest in a new product and have to pay more comfort ! As I read other reviews I hope that changes have been made by this company.
- Verna Scott, South Carolina

2020-04-28 2020 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

Horrible. Simply horrible. We've had nothing but negative experiences after we pulled it from the lot. First, our bathtub leaked, and by leaked, I mean poured, through the walls into the living room and kitchen. That was a few months after owning. Then our shower head and kitchen sink cracked, so, again, more water damage... a few months later. What a joke. Bought a 2020 in 2019. We bought a brand new Chevy Silverado in 2015,and nothing. Nothing needed... What. A. JOKE this brand is! Do NOT purchase one of these. I loved the interior and layout. The quality is beyond junk. Should have bought a 1980 Dutchman. Would have had better luck.
- Diana , Minnesota

2020-04-26 2018 Heartland Pioneer RL250 View Listings

We bought the Heartland RV brand new from Camping World first mistake, got it home battery wasn’t secured so we dragged it home. Got it replaced and the first we used the shower it leaked took back for repair, took them 2 weeks lost our keys, lost a cover on the running lights, left the panel off where they fixed the leak, left it dirty and greasy, old parts left in the shower. Took the RV out again this weekend went to use the shower it’s leaking AGAIN! Poor craftsmanship, cheap mattress. Do not buy this brand.
- Sharla Hamilton , Texas

2020-04-18 2019 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

Don’t Buy Heartland! They are horrible company with terrible customer care. We bought a brand new camper under a year ago and have nothing but issues with leaks since our first camping trip. They will take their time approving any warranty work, if they approve it all. Currently our camper is in because the seal around the slider is leaking and they are refusing to warranty it, the leak caused major damage and rot. They built a poorly constructed camper, and won’t stand by there product. They will do anything to try and get out of warranty repairs. We lost the first 6 weeks of camping last year because they took their time approving the warranty from a factory plumbing issue, now it’s been in the shop for close to 5 weeks and nothing has been done. Save yourself and look for a different manufacturer. Heartland is a terrible company that will not stand by their product.
- Ryan Burns , New York

2020-04-08 2018 Heartland Pioneer BH250 View Listings

We purchased our camper from camping world in February 2018 and have had issues since day 1. We live over an hour away from camping world so taking the camper back and forth is aggravating and not to mention the time you have to leave it there for repairs. This takes away from the time we could be using it. We have a major problem now, the floor at the big slide is ROTTED! The floor at the small slide is in perfect shape. We have never opened one slide without opening the other one. I called pioneer and they said we would have to take it and leave it at camping world for them to tear the floor up, and take pictures, and send the pictures to them so they can determine if it’s our fault or theirs! This is such an inconvenience for us. We will NEVER buy this brand again and hope that you will think long and hard before you do! They are built very cheap and poorly. One other problem was the decorative glass above the couch just fell out and busted everywhere because it was put in with a thin strip of glue. The bathtub leaked every time we used it, they fixed that saying that the pipes weren’t put together when it was built. It’s been one thing after another. We can’t enjoy the camper like we want to because there is something ALWAYS wrong!
- Jill Cooley, South Carolina

2020-03-02 2018 Heartland Pioneer BH250 View Listings

Overall, I have been pleased with my RV. However, I have encountered many small things that indicated a lack of pride in craftsmanship at the manufacturer's level. If you do most of your own work because of not wanting to leave you rv for multiple weeks for repair, you find many issues that I don't believe should be found by the owner. I found chunks and pieces of debris left under my sofa, under the sink and under the tub/shower. Every saeled panel I have had to remove had metal, wood chips, sawdust, etc. left behind. To easy for the manufacturer to clean up. I have found numerous leaks from under the sink, a water connection with a loose clamp, and a broken p-trap fitting. I have decided to repair all these on my own because I do possess the skills to do so. I just feel that many of these are a lack of pride in craftsmanship at Heartlands level. Again, I love most things about my RV, but feel these issues are simple to fix with better quality control.
- Johnny Burch, Alabama

2020-02-09 2018 Heartland Pioneer RB180 View Listings

I am adding on to my review from last year. I have used this camper quite bit this last camping season and wanted to update my previous review. First off, the bed totally sucks. the bed is located in the front and the angle of the front makes it next to impossible to lay in bed and watch TV because your chin is in your chest. The original mattress is not to bad but everyone has their own likes and dislikes. When I first purchased it I found a lot of minor issues with trim that were all easy fixes. I have had the roof checked twice a year and so far just need a little re calking but that's it. No leaks (yay). It has 2 USB plugs that did not work because the wires were not connected to it (easy fix). I believe there was no quality control whatsoever because all the problems I found would have easily been discovered and corrected if there was any kind of quality control inspection. All in all it is a nice little camper once you fix all the little issues with it but the camper is too small for two adults but for a single person it is not bad. I have a 1500 Silverado 4X4 and it tows very easy. Because of it's small size primitive camping is easy and fun. I have taken mine down dirt trails with no problems at all. All and all It is a good little camper, just give it a good inspection before buying one
- William Hyneman, North Carolina

2020-01-20 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

DO NOT BUY! Pros: floor plan. Cons: Sewer vent is almost inside the bathroom exhaust vent, so close that a vent cover cannot be installed and when parked with the wind from the rear the smell of feces fills the camper. The hot water heater cannot have an anode installed by design and it fermented while sitting over 3 months getting a leaking tub drain fixed. Now the water smells of sulfur and stinks the camper up terrible. The AM/FM radio didn't have an antenna connected. The furnace failed twice in the first 3 weeks. Back to the tub leak, the pea trap under it hit the floor and the tub had no support so it leaked. This despite two huge holes cut in the floor to accommodate the pea trap, they missed. Some of the panneling is pealing back it's so thin. Summary: The poor design, shoddy workmanship and cheap materials are appalling.
- Jim, Texas

2019-12-20 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

I would give 0 stars if able. Biggest piece of s*** company ever! Beware and do your research! I wish I would have. The amount of things that have broken, a roof leak that they have refused to cover. RV is only 6 months old. We look at it and something breaks. Forget walking around it barefoot, there are so many metal shavings no matter how much we vacuum.
- Caitlin , Pennsylvania

2019-12-13 2019 Heartland Pioneer BH250 View Listings

I imagined having a camper would be somewhat of a luxury addition. This experience has been everything but. I bought a brand new 2019 Pioneer BH250 in December of 2018. That said, I feel like I live at Camping World and surrounding hotels as oppoesed to living in the camper. I have had a leak in my Unit that has not yet been rectified since buying the camper. I have 8 different service visits throughout 2019 for the same/similar issue. As I type this, my Unit is with Camping World as they intend to remove the side paneling on the RV to see if they can resolve the issue. The manufacuter should be as disgusted as I am when this posts. Who's in charge? Who can help? The internet - leave a message and an answering service will get with you! Why even have a reviews page if the median of reviews are negative? Who even monitors this page? I know...only the buyers who have had issues to the point of no help. The company does not monitor this page. Too many negative reviews. This is heartbreaking and can not reflect the best intrests of this company. Whoever monitors this page, help in my matter would be greatly appreciated! V/r Buyer in disgust
- Erren, Texas

2019-12-10 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

First shower in rv pee trap broke under floor in bathtub...hole in floor not wide enough..flooded the whole underbellie of camper...used oven twice and ignitor had to be replaced..refrigerator keeps icing up...now heater part on furnace not blowing hot air...manufacture warranty expired...😟..i did not take back to dealer (camping world) because they wanted me to just drop it off and they will get to it when they can...i am in my camper more iften than not so i could not do that...i hired an independant repair company and they did the work and i sent invoice to Heartland and got reimbursed every penny..now that manufacture warranty is up we will see how good extended warranty works...
- Debora, Florida

2019-11-03 2019 Heartland Pioneer 327 View Listings

We bought a 2019 Heartland Pioneer 327 from Camping World in Albuquerque in March of 2019. We have had it for 6 months and so many things have gone wrong. After investigating a plumbing problem, which was a water hose that was not connected; we discovered feces in the underbelly that appears to have been there since before we purchased the rig. After opening the underbelly we discovered that the motor for the rear landing gear was indeed installed, but never connected to the switch. When Camping World found that the switch didn’t work they suggested that Heartland had forgotten to install it, and then charged us for another they installed on the outside of the rig. We have just received a recall on the air conditioning unit also . So many things have gone wrong and neither Heartland or Camping World have been helpful. The rig was supposed to be NEW however it appears that it was not. Although we left the rig with Camping World for 2 weeks for the rig to be inspected and cleaned, the rig was absolutely filthy when it was delivered. We will never buy another product from Heartland or Camping World. Their integrity on a scale 1-10 is ZERO. We will be getting rid of this lemon as soon as we possibly can. Unfortunately the workers take no pride in the product they are selling, or in the service they provide to the customers. These two companies have made our first experience with a Fifth wheel horrible. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from Camping World or Heartland. You will be severely disappointed in the whole experience.
- Anonymous , New Mexico