Heartland Pioneer RVs Reviews (41)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland Pioneer RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Roger king from California says:

Have you owned any Heartland Pioneer RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Pioneer RK280 View Listings

With what you charge for a travel trailer these days you should be ashamed of the mattresses you put in your trailers I would be more comfortable sleeping on the floor, it feels like I am sleeping on a box spring.i went and bought a topper for the mattress but a lot of good that did. Love my trailer but being able to sleep in a comfortable bed is a very important part of a trailer also. You shouldn't have to go out and pay for another matress when the one in the trailer is new. Shame on you is all i have to say, my last purchase.
- Roger king, California

2019-11-03 2019 Heartland Pioneer 327 View Listings

We bought a 2019 Heartland Pioneer 327 from Camping World in Albuquerque in March of 2019. We have had it for 6 months and so many things have gone wrong. After investigating a plumbing problem, which was a water hose that was not connected; we discovered feces in the underbelly that appears to have been there since before we purchased the rig. After opening the underbelly we discovered that the motor for the rear landing gear was indeed installed, but never connected to the switch. When Camping World found that the switch didn’t work they suggested that Heartland had forgotten to install it, and then charged us for another they installed on the outside of the rig. We have just received a recall on the air conditioning unit also . So many things have gone wrong and neither Heartland or Camping World have been helpful. The rig was supposed to be NEW however it appears that it was not. Although we left the rig with Camping World for 2 weeks for the rig to be inspected and cleaned, the rig was absolutely filthy when it was delivered. We will never buy another product from Heartland or Camping World. Their integrity on a scale 1-10 is ZERO. We will be getting rid of this lemon as soon as we possibly can. Unfortunately the workers take no pride in the product they are selling, or in the service they provide to the customers. These two companies have made our first experience with a Fifth wheel horrible. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from Camping World or Heartland. You will be severely disappointed in the whole experience.
- Anonymous , New Mexico

2019-10-21 2018 Heartland Pioneer DS320 View Listings

The quality in this camper is nonexistent, they should be ashamed. Metal filings and sawdust blew out of the floor registers when the heat was turned on. Water leaks under kitchen cabinets. Water heater works only intermittently. Awning motor burned out within the 1st month. Blind had to be replaced, gaping holes in undercarriage. This has to be the worst camper on the market today. I would never recommend or buy another one, just junk!!!!!!!!
- Jacob , Vermont

2019-08-29 2019 Heartland Pioneer RG26 View Listings

We bought the heartland pioneer in NC for our move to TX. My husband had just gotten home from being overseas for a year so he was super excited about getting us a camper for our family and dogs and not having to worry with hotels and such. Needless to say, it has been at a Camping World for longer than we had it. It’s a toy hauler right? So tell me why we put our motorcycle in it for the first time, the floor buckled and caused a dent in the middle of the floor?! Guess what? Warranty doesn’t cover it! 😡 AF Really? So, we leave on our trip out west and within a week, our floors flooded from a seal leak in the shower, the oven didn’t light, the door slide to the bedroom was stripped and bent, the screws of the blinds weren’t in the wall all of the way, the decal was put on poorly so it’s having to be put on again, the siding is coming off, the bed SUCKS, (we had to get a foam topper), the power just shuts off when it feels like it, the back benches are whack when trying to put them up. The straps aren’t long enough....so many things that shouldn’t have happened in the first freaking week. Not to mention that both locks on the door were secure but somehow managed to pop open on a busy freeway. Thankfully, I was driving behind and saw it. Now, we wait.... Warranty covers a few things but not the main issue which is the floor from our bike and I wouldn’t call this A “toy hauler”. What a nightmare and a half!! 😡 The plus side is it’s our starter trailer and even though we’ll probably have to pay out of pocket for the floor, we are excited to get it back and do some camping. I definitely will never buy nor recommend Heartland products again.
- Jenn, Texas

2019-08-14 2019 Heartland Pioneer RG28 View Listings

I am an active duty Soldier and I was looking at a PCS move after a deployment. So, I bought this RV so I could come back and live in it while I moved my family to my new duty station and completed some more training. I walked into Camping World, paid them 10G and financed the rest, and I parked this hunk of garbage so it would be waiting for me when I got back. Six months later when I got back, it was full of water damage! The mattress was ruined, the cabinets are ruined, I had placed the back table on the bed next to a quilt my grandmother had made for me before she died, they were both ruined! Keep in mind that I had not used this trailer AT ALL and had just moved it about 3 miles from Gander Outdoors/Camping World to my storage area and parked it. I've never gotten to enjoy or use this trailer because it's been in the shop all summer. I tried to file a claim with my insurance and they said it was a manufacturing defect. I took it to camping world and they told me that Heartland had denied the claim but then they reconsidered I guess because I'm a Soldier as "a favor to me". They agreed to fix the leak and replace the mattress and the table but they didn't replace an contents or the water damaged cabinets. I called them 2 times and it took a month to get "Chris" to call me back on the phone. He told me if I didn't like the decision that he and his manager had made, he could just deny the whole claim and not fix anything and then he wanted to know how I liked that. Thankfully, I had already gotten the work done and I can't really be ripped off by these guys anymore, aside from the fact that I am the owner of a piece of crap on wheels that is still full of water damage. They never fixed the cabinets and the internal damage and I can't really get another quilt. I let them know that they had lost me as a customer forever and that I would write this review and a lot more. I want everyone to know about my bad customer service experience and I want everyone to know what a low quality product they produce. I will try to sell this as soon as I get to me new duty station, if this thing will make it that far. Also, this trailer is made of the cheapest materials possible and looks like it was put together by people who take no pride in their work. There is just sloppy work all over this trailer and I'm sure there will be much more problems ahead as I suffer the misfortune of owning one. I don't know what kind of QAQC program they have at Heartland but it must be as poor as their workmanship and customer service because this one should not have left the factory. This trailer was a rip off and they refused to make things right. I was just trying to do the right thing for my family and now I'm out a bunch of money because of their incompetence. I would strongly recommend that you do not buy a Heartland RV because if you do, not only are you buying something substandard, you are buying it from people who won't even stand by their work. So why waste your money?
- Scott Purvines, North Carolina

2019-07-27 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

Please head this review. Had a qb300 for 4 months and was finally able to switch. Leaks everywhere that destroyed the floor. Next to the slide leaked and destroyed that floor. Got it fixed. It still leaked and eventually leaked on the other side and warped that floor. The shower plumbing broke the first time we used it and leaked all over the floor. Toilet leaked. Total trash. Stay away.
- Joey, Missouri

2019-07-22 2019 Heartland Pioneer RL250 View Listings

Made one trip of approx 500 miles.. had to replace tires due to bent axle.. Camping World wanted us to bring unit to them but we decided not to destroy new tires.. debate between Heartland and Dexter (axle manufacturers) took extra week before settling.. got 2 new axles after 4 weeks which after reading other reviews is relatively short. Door between bedroom and living area ripped out as one one screw was holding it in. They tightened paneling and such... but left all removed bent nails and staples all over floor. All wiring in fuse/breaker box were loose and had to be tightened. Breaker for A/C has to be turned off before using heater as both come on when using heater. A/C only cools trailer about 10 degrees from outside temp. Mattress was indeed a joke. As we have now learned... best to read reviews before buying!! Avoid Heartland and Camping World Las Vegas like the plague! Must say the salesman we had did tell us they were crap tires...our fault we did not do proper research... won’t happen again!
- Steven Selbach , Nevada

2019-07-16 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

Heart Land trailers are junk. Whoever put my 325ODK together should quit their job and find something to do that they are good at. Heart Land assemblers clearly have zero f#ck$ to give about the job they do. Everything from stripped screws, cabinets falling off, drawers next to each other not even with each other, plumbing leaking, DVD player that won’t play dvds, refrigerator in the outdoor kitchen won’t work, pulling metal out of my children’s feet (we have to wear shoes in our brand new camper)... plus so much more. I’m afraid that if I call my insurance provider that they’d total this thing based strictly on the damage and poor workmanship that was done during the assembly process. Heart Land should be ashamed of themselves for employing everyone that had a hand in assembling my trailer. Never again buying Heart Land junk campers.
- Mike Holm, New York

2019-07-08 2018 Heartland Pioneer BH250 View Listings

We purchased our camper new. We were very excited. We have camped 5 times in 1.5 years...a total of 15 days combined. Something has broke every single time but one. The dinette has buckled putting us in the floor twice..the fan over the stove was used one time and locked up...the water pump never worked..and the outdoor lights around the speaker stopped working. We are very easy on things and are not big people. We have the extended warranty and have had it all fixed but the quality should be so much better for what you pay. Each time we have had to take and have it repaired takes away from time we could possibly be using it since it takes several weeks for parts. We plan to sell or trade as soon as possible we no intents to ever purchase the brand again.
- April , North Carolina

2019-07-08 2018 Heartland Pioneer RL250 View Listings

RV is currently at Heartland in IN. Main issues are continuous leaks in bathroom and overhead storage compartments. Leaks in bathroom are currently being addressed for the SIXTH time... flooring in bedroom already had to be replaced from water damage from the wall between bedroom and bathroom. Floor in the bathroom is extremely soft and I can only imagine the damage to the entire flooring and area under the shower after the continuous leaks after five "repairs" from Heartland approved techs. It took several months for Heartland to schedule an appt to get our unit to the factory, where it currently is right now. They have no concern about time lost from using your unit or any costs to you from the defective units they sell.
- Lisa Edwards Gravitt , Georgia

2019-06-27 2018 Heartland Pioneer RG28 View Listings

Bought brand new Camping World Lakewood N.J. feb 2018 March 2018 found campsite in FLA. March 2018 to June 2019 spent 3 weeks in trailer rest of the time it was either in the shop for repairs or on their long waiting list for repairs. Anyway total usage was only 3 weeks. Most recent its been at camping world since January 2, 2019 till June 26, 2019. Once in Florida 1st week screen enclosure frame fell off, tire kept loosing air, frog came in from a hole in the outside wall in the dining area slide storage area, not a scratch from corresponding outside wall. Once returned from Florida repair shop 2 week in August No A.C., had to go to Lowe's and buy a portable AC unit. Slide roof leak, 3rd week no hotwater from the LP gass side, toilet seal allowed smell from sewer in RV, toilet fitting loosen and flooded out the unit causing damage to floor and molding. and now heading back to NJ paying for a site while RV in repair shop fighting over whose responsibility to fix. DO NOT BUY FROM HARTLAND OR CAMPING WORLD UNLESS YOU ARE UNLIKE ME, KNOWLEDGEABLE IN RVING.
- Joe, New Jersey

2019-06-19 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

At first, we really liked our new camper and we purchased it around the first of May 2019. The very first time my kids used the shower, water flooded out into the dining/living room area. What I found was that when the trailer was built, the hole cut in the floor for the pee trap for the tub/shower was off by about 2 in. That would mean when someone stepped in the shower it would go down and the pipe would break at the drain. Next issue is the a/c cycles on and off repeatedly. Multiple screws we're sticking out and not properly installed. My daughter was making her bed and found a razor blade under her mattress. Trim at the bedroom sliding door is coming off completely. The zipper on the couch is broken underneath. The exterior speaker is coming apart. The weatherstripping at the slide is come loose and on the ground. In the front bedroom it looks like the wall is separating. The light in the slide is hanging down on one side. I will be taking it back to the dealership to be repaired. I do not fault my salesman by no means, he is as upset as I am.
- Brock McIntosh, Arkansas

2019-06-10 2019 Heartland Pioneer DS320 View Listings

Have had multiple problems leaks bad construction loose floor screws poking up through the laminated floor. Panels falling off the wall. Gaskets on the slides falling off. Electronics failing. Water damage from the leak. And it 3 months old. Can't find anyone who does warranty claims except camping world. It sat there for 3 weeks nothing has been done.
- joe , Georgia

2019-05-08 2019 Heartland Pioneer RK280 View Listings

2019 RK280. My wife and I purchased in October of 2018. Our friends purchased the exact same model, at the same time, from the same dealer. The campers are parked side-by-side at a campground about 60 miles from home. We are all in agreement that we wouldn't buy another Pioneer. Ours has been in for warranty work for a total of two of the first six months we've had it (A 60-mile one-way tow to the dealership). First night we used it, the heater quit working. Then, I noticed a water leak coming from a hole in the belly pan at the rear and the front storage compartment gets water in it every time it rains. First trip back to the dealer for warranty work was within two weeks of having the camper. Stayed there nearly a month. They had to take pictures and get factory approval for everything. The heater issue, I was told, was a wire that had popped off of the controller board. The leak from the back was a poorly connected water line under the kitchen cabinetry. Not only did that have to be repaired, but some of the cabinetry had to be replaced due to getting wet from behind and causing the MDF millwork to swell. The water coming into the storage was supposedly due to a bad gasket, which was replaced, but we still have the issue. It took a second warranty trip to get everything corrected because it took nearly two months to get some of the parts. Our friend's camper has a cracked wall in the kitchen (came that way) and also has a leaky storage compartment. Recently, they noticed water leaking from the belly pan by the front grey/black valve. Upon inspection, we discovered that several gallons of water had accumulated in the belly pan. We suspect it may be from the shower above, which would be no surprise since the shower pan doesn't seem to be sitting on anything solid. Ours flexes a lot when you're standing in the shower, I wonder when it's going to leak. Now, our friend's camper is getting the 60-mile, one-way tow back to the dealer for warranty. There doesn't seem to be much quality control going on at the Pioneer factory. If ours goes back for a third time this year, I'm calling them out under Georgia's Lemon Law.
- Ed M, Georgia

2019-04-22 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

This is the worst craftsmanship I have ever seen. Bunk bed torn away from wall. Screws not attached to studs. Door to bed room not attached. Stove not pre-burned. Steel shards in carpet. Circuit board bad. Lights shorting out. This is a 2019 brand new, no quality control or even a effort to build this thing. Heartland shame on you!! I will never own your product again.
- Vance Thurman, Colorado

2019-04-21 2018 Heartland Pioneer BH280 View Listings

Awesome Camper. No issues. Love the TV and couch. Large pantry space and plenty of storage. Outdoor kitchen = awesome. Built - in Led lighting. Power jacks Makes it easy to setup. Back rack for extra storage.
- Kacey Yelton, North Carolina

2019-03-13 2018 Heartland Pioneer DS320 View Listings

Warranty support is the worst I've ever encountered. Known issue with leaks on the 1st slide, denied for customer maintenance. Too bad we did all required maintenance and they still declined. Had all windows replaces within 3 months of owning for leaks, and now it's been at dealer for 4 months battling having the rotted floor replaced. We havent even owned a year. Bought brand new and kept under storage. Will never ever buy from heartland again. Dealer said it's now a known defect for this model that ever customer is having to fight from a design flaw they refuse to acknowledge. Run! Run! Run! Wish we had.
- Andrea s., Georgia

2019-03-06 2019 Heartland Pioneer RD210 View Listings

My husband ended buying this 2019 Pioneer RV., last August 2019 at WORLD CAMPING . It was our first RV . Just when we got it, we found some defects: broken wall on bathroom, window screen off. And they say that they will schedule an appoint for the repairs. They never did. Then, the first time we use the shower, we found out that it was a leak from the bottom of the wall. I was very disappointed ; also, the crews from the stove cover glass got off. We couldn’t use the shower at all . I scheduled an appoint an order to be repair, it took a month, and they did not fix the leak. I got to take it back again ( 130 miles ). One of the tires reaped off; and the insurance did not cover the damage . Also, I found out about the refrigerator did not work with electric mode. It is been 20 days and we haven’t get a call nor a message from them. This is worse than an old RV. Very sad.
- Irma Geller, California

2019-02-15 2018 Heartland Pioneer RB180 View Listings

There seem to be a LOT of negative reviews here for Heartland Campers. I guess so far I have been a bit lucky. I have had my camper for almost a year and yes, I have found a lot of minor things wrong with it. It is obvious there is little to no quality control with this company. So far all the things I have found wrong have just been an annoyance and nothing that I could not repair myself. First I noticed a small amount of water on the bathroom floor after a rainstorm. The exhaust fan was not sealed very well and a small amount of water was coming in. Easy fix. Then I noticed a lot of trim was starting to come loose or off altogether. Again, easy fix. It has 2 USB ports under the window that apparently are there for looks because they don't function at all and a very funny thing is that the near microscopic remote for the radio does not work at all BUT I installed a TV and every time I change the channel with the TV remote it turns the radio on?? Just make sure the volume is all the way down before I start watching TV. We have no kids and my wife and I thought it would be a good size for the both of us. WRONG. I have to take the blame for that. The bathroom is incredibly small. Child sized small. No mirror, no medicine cabinet, and no sink. I am 6'1 and I have to poop with the door open because my knees are in my chest otherwise. Lastly, the mattress is the most uncomfortable thing I have ever slept on. It is supposed to be a queen bed but my feet hang way off the end of the bed. These things are my fault as I should have checked out the camper better before buying it. Anyway The camper is great for just me. We do have a few campgrounds in the area that have very nice bathroom and shower facilities and in these cases my wife will come with me but smaller or primitive camping I go solo. On the positive side there is an abundance of storage in this camper. So much so that I make take some out to make more living space. So far I am satisfied with the camper except for the little annoyances mentioned above. I can't see the Heartland company lasting too long with the poor build quality control and customer support. There are just too many decent campers in this price range that are built much better. Just way too many bad reviews out there for these guys. Like I said, from what I have been reading I consider myself lucky so far. No major leaks or system failures but trust me, I do an end to end inspection of this camper before and after each use but so far I have enjoyed my little sardine can. :)
- William Hyneman, North Carolina

2019-02-06 2018 Heartland Pioneer RB271 View Listings

If I could give this company 0 stars I would. Do not buy any Heartland products. They are poorly made and they do not stand by their products or word. I bought a brand new RV manufactured by Heartland RVs. I had issues the very first month. A window was not properly installed from factory causint water damage inside the trailer. I continued to have issues with the brand new unit from the AC unit not being properly installed and vents being cut out to hazardous propane leaks. There was a list of 4 pages of issues on my trailer. The trailer had to be taken in for seperate times for repairs the last one lasting 2.5 months and before I agreed to taking it in and giving the company another chance to make it right they made all these empty promises or things they would look at to help compensate me such as payments made while trailer was being serviced and extended warranty. Now Heartland is going back on their word. Please do yourself a favor and save yourself and your family the headache. I was only able to use my trailer once in the first year I owned it because of all the issues. Its a poorly made product and poor customer service from this company. I dealt with [name] at their main office in Elkhart IN.
- Francisco Gonzalez, California

2019-02-06 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

I bought the pioneer QB 300 for work the first day of purchase I had to bring it back to the dealership because the tub was never hooked up then two weeks later the inverter And The motherboard on the hot water heater went out it went back to the shop for two weeks to be fixed Three more weeks down the road here I am with no AC in my satellite dome quit working also I have already experienced leaks around the slide out I have spent more time out of my camper that I use for work during the week and come home on the weekends But now I am stuck with a camper payment hotel bills and gas for taking it in to the shop to get fixed I would never buy another pioneer horrible experience I’ve only owned it for three months
- Brian Woodward , Florida

2019-01-26 2017 Heartland Pioneer RL250 View Listings

I have owned my heartland pioneer for almost 2 years. Seems as if I have to take it to the shop every time I use it. Warped wall boards, leaking drains, problems with taillights, refrigerator went out, bad slide seal, and I could go on and on. I will never buy another rv associated with this brand ever again. I spend as much on repairs as I purchased the rv for. I am not happy with it at all.
- Timothy J Hipp, North Carolina

2019-01-25 2019 Heartland Pioneer DS320 View Listings

This was our first and last purchase of a Heartland Pioneer trailer. We did not have it for a 2 weeks and its spending more time being repaired than used. Its going on a month now for repairs. We bought it, pulled it home, leveled it and left it parked for 2 weeks. Went in it to install a tv and found the floor soaked. Carpets were soaked on the slide out and had standing pools of water on each side of the slide out. Took it back to the dealership. Dealership is as upset as we are. They contact the manufacturer to see if they will help with trade assistance to get us out of the trailer due to the major water damage. Basically, manufacturer says kiss my butt and we will fix the damage. Now we have a travel trailer we no longer want or trust and having to wait at least an other month for repairs because wood has to come from the manufacturer. The seals on the slide out were not installed from the factory properly. The wood from the entire slide out has to be replaced and hopefully the main floor will be replaced as well as parts of the interior walls. I have zero confidence in this trailer now and wish we had bought another trailer now. Please don't waste your time and money on this brand. Read reviews before you buy. Lesson learned.
- George , Tennessee

2019-01-22 2018 Heartland Pioneer R26 View Listings

After numerous trips to and from camping world Lake city fl we chose to fix a lot of the problems our self roof leak, water heater, electric, furnace plumbing issues I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone camping world in lake city fl either
- Shirley stickles , Florida

2019-01-03 2018 Heartland Pioneer RG28 View Listings

Made in jan 2018, purchased from [dealer] lakewood nj feb 2018. It has been in for repairs 4 times. Screen enclosure frame fell off. 2 screws from a floor tie down missing covered with putty. AC circuit board fried. Hot water tank lp gas side fried, hot water only from electric side. Toilet seals bad flooded rv and contents. Molding buckled or fell off. 2 foot hole in dining seat storage slide out wall. 1 tire not sealed kept loosing tire pressure. Cable not connected for outdoor tv. Slide weather seals inside and out need to be replaced. Door hinges for both bathrooms fell off. As of jan 2019 spent total of 2 months intermittently since purchase feb 2018 rest of the time being repaired. Hartland fixing what problems I find, refuses to scrap this one and offet me anothet one. STAY AWAY
- Joe pro, New Jersey