Heartland Pioneer RVs Reviews (31)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland Pioneer RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Roger king from California says:

Have you owned any Heartland Pioneer RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Pioneer RK280 View Listings

With what you charge for a travel trailer these days you should be ashamed of the mattresses you put in your trailers I would be more comfortable sleeping on the floor, it feels like I am sleeping on a box spring.i went and bought a topper for the mattress but a lot of good that did. Love my trailer but being able to sleep in a comfortable bed is a very important part of a trailer also. You shouldn't have to go out and pay for another matress when the one in the trailer is new. Shame on you is all i have to say, my last purchase.
- Roger king, California

2019-06-19 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

At first, we really liked our new camper and we purchased it around the first of May 2019. The very first time my kids used the shower, water flooded out into the dining/living room area. What I found was that when the trailer was built, the hole cut in the floor for the pee trap for the tub/shower was off by about 2 in. That would mean when someone stepped in the shower it would go down and the pipe would break at the drain. Next issue is the a/c cycles on and off repeatedly. Multiple screws we're sticking out and not properly installed. My daughter was making her bed and found a razor blade under her mattress. Trim at the bedroom sliding door is coming off completely. The zipper on the couch is broken underneath. The exterior speaker is coming apart. The weatherstripping at the slide is come loose and on the ground. In the front bedroom it looks like the wall is separating. The light in the slide is hanging down on one side. I will be taking it back to the dealership to be repaired. I do not fault my salesman by no means, he is as upset as I am.
- Brock McIntosh, Arkansas

2019-06-10 2019 Heartland Pioneer DS320 View Listings

Have had multiple problems leaks bad construction loose floor screws poking up through the laminated floor. Panels falling off the wall. Gaskets on the slides falling off. Electronics failing. Water damage from the leak. And it 3 months old. Can't find anyone who does warranty claims except camping world. It sat there for 3 weeks nothing has been done.
- joe , Georgia

2019-05-08 2019 Heartland Pioneer RK280 View Listings

2019 RK280. My wife and I purchased in October of 2018. Our friends purchased the exact same model, at the same time, from the same dealer. The campers are parked side-by-side at a campground about 60 miles from home. We are all in agreement that we wouldn't buy another Pioneer. Ours has been in for warranty work for a total of two of the first six months we've had it (A 60-mile one-way tow to the dealership). First night we used it, the heater quit working. Then, I noticed a water leak coming from a hole in the belly pan at the rear and the front storage compartment gets water in it every time it rains. First trip back to the dealer for warranty work was within two weeks of having the camper. Stayed there nearly a month. They had to take pictures and get factory approval for everything. The heater issue, I was told, was a wire that had popped off of the controller board. The leak from the back was a poorly connected water line under the kitchen cabinetry. Not only did that have to be repaired, but some of the cabinetry had to be replaced due to getting wet from behind and causing the MDF millwork to swell. The water coming into the storage was supposedly due to a bad gasket, which was replaced, but we still have the issue. It took a second warranty trip to get everything corrected because it took nearly two months to get some of the parts. Our friend's camper has a cracked wall in the kitchen (came that way) and also has a leaky storage compartment. Recently, they noticed water leaking from the belly pan by the front grey/black valve. Upon inspection, we discovered that several gallons of water had accumulated in the belly pan. We suspect it may be from the shower above, which would be no surprise since the shower pan doesn't seem to be sitting on anything solid. Ours flexes a lot when you're standing in the shower, I wonder when it's going to leak. Now, our friend's camper is getting the 60-mile, one-way tow back to the dealer for warranty. There doesn't seem to be much quality control going on at the Pioneer factory. If ours goes back for a third time this year, I'm calling them out under Georgia's Lemon Law.
- Ed M, Georgia

2019-04-22 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

This is the worst craftsmanship I have ever seen. Bunk bed torn away from wall. Screws not attached to studs. Door to bed room not attached. Stove not pre-burned. Steel shards in carpet. Circuit board bad. Lights shorting out. This is a 2019 brand new, no quality control or even a effort to build this thing. Heartland shame on you!! I will never own your product again.
- Vance Thurman, Colorado

2019-04-21 2018 Heartland Pioneer BH280 View Listings

Awesome Camper. No issues. Love the TV and couch. Large pantry space and plenty of storage. Outdoor kitchen = awesome. Built - in Led lighting. Power jacks Makes it easy to setup. Back rack for extra storage.
- Kacey Yelton, North Carolina

2019-03-13 2018 Heartland Pioneer DS320 View Listings

Warranty support is the worst I've ever encountered. Known issue with leaks on the 1st slide, denied for customer maintenance. Too bad we did all required maintenance and they still declined. Had all windows replaces within 3 months of owning for leaks, and now it's been at dealer for 4 months battling having the rotted floor replaced. We havent even owned a year. Bought brand new and kept under storage. Will never ever buy from heartland again. Dealer said it's now a known defect for this model that ever customer is having to fight from a design flaw they refuse to acknowledge. Run! Run! Run! Wish we had.
- Andrea s., Georgia

2019-03-06 2019 Heartland Pioneer RD210 View Listings

My husband ended buying this 2019 Pioneer RV., last August 2019 at WORLD CAMPING . It was our first RV . Just when we got it, we found some defects: broken wall on bathroom, window screen off. And they say that they will schedule an appoint for the repairs. They never did. Then, the first time we use the shower, we found out that it was a leak from the bottom of the wall. I was very disappointed ; also, the crews from the stove cover glass got off. We couldn’t use the shower at all . I scheduled an appoint an order to be repair, it took a month, and they did not fix the leak. I got to take it back again ( 130 miles ). One of the tires reaped off; and the insurance did not cover the damage . Also, I found out about the refrigerator did not work with electric mode. It is been 20 days and we haven’t get a call nor a message from them. This is worse than an old RV. Very sad.
- Irma Geller, California

2019-02-15 2018 Heartland Pioneer RB180 View Listings

There seem to be a LOT of negative reviews here for Heartland Campers. I guess so far I have been a bit lucky. I have had my camper for almost a year and yes, I have found a lot of minor things wrong with it. It is obvious there is little to no quality control with this company. So far all the things I have found wrong have just been an annoyance and nothing that I could not repair myself. First I noticed a small amount of water on the bathroom floor after a rainstorm. The exhaust fan was not sealed very well and a small amount of water was coming in. Easy fix. Then I noticed a lot of trim was starting to come loose or off altogether. Again, easy fix. It has 2 USB ports under the window that apparently are there for looks because they don't function at all and a very funny thing is that the near microscopic remote for the radio does not work at all BUT I installed a TV and every time I change the channel with the TV remote it turns the radio on?? Just make sure the volume is all the way down before I start watching TV. We have no kids and my wife and I thought it would be a good size for the both of us. WRONG. I have to take the blame for that. The bathroom is incredibly small. Child sized small. No mirror, no medicine cabinet, and no sink. I am 6'1 and I have to poop with the door open because my knees are in my chest otherwise. Lastly, the mattress is the most uncomfortable thing I have ever slept on. It is supposed to be a queen bed but my feet hang way off the end of the bed. These things are my fault as I should have checked out the camper better before buying it. Anyway The camper is great for just me. We do have a few campgrounds in the area that have very nice bathroom and shower facilities and in these cases my wife will come with me but smaller or primitive camping I go solo. On the positive side there is an abundance of storage in this camper. So much so that I make take some out to make more living space. So far I am satisfied with the camper except for the little annoyances mentioned above. I can't see the Heartland company lasting too long with the poor build quality control and customer support. There are just too many decent campers in this price range that are built much better. Just way too many bad reviews out there for these guys. Like I said, from what I have been reading I consider myself lucky so far. No major leaks or system failures but trust me, I do an end to end inspection of this camper before and after each use but so far I have enjoyed my little sardine can. :)
- William Hyneman, North Carolina

2019-02-06 2018 Heartland Pioneer RB271 View Listings

If I could give this company 0 stars I would. Do not buy any Heartland products. They are poorly made and they do not stand by their products or word. I bought a brand new RV manufactured by Heartland RVs. I had issues the very first month. A window was not properly installed from factory causint water damage inside the trailer. I continued to have issues with the brand new unit from the AC unit not being properly installed and vents being cut out to hazardous propane leaks. There was a list of 4 pages of issues on my trailer. The trailer had to be taken in for seperate times for repairs the last one lasting 2.5 months and before I agreed to taking it in and giving the company another chance to make it right they made all these empty promises or things they would look at to help compensate me such as payments made while trailer was being serviced and extended warranty. Now Heartland is going back on their word. Please do yourself a favor and save yourself and your family the headache. I was only able to use my trailer once in the first year I owned it because of all the issues. Its a poorly made product and poor customer service from this company. I dealt with [name] at their main office in Elkhart IN.
- Francisco Gonzalez, California

2019-02-06 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

I bought the pioneer QB 300 for work the first day of purchase I had to bring it back to the dealership because the tub was never hooked up then two weeks later the inverter And The motherboard on the hot water heater went out it went back to the shop for two weeks to be fixed Three more weeks down the road here I am with no AC in my satellite dome quit working also I have already experienced leaks around the slide out I have spent more time out of my camper that I use for work during the week and come home on the weekends But now I am stuck with a camper payment hotel bills and gas for taking it in to the shop to get fixed I would never buy another pioneer horrible experience I’ve only owned it for three months
- Brian Woodward , Florida

2019-01-26 2017 Heartland Pioneer RL250 View Listings

I have owned my heartland pioneer for almost 2 years. Seems as if I have to take it to the shop every time I use it. Warped wall boards, leaking drains, problems with taillights, refrigerator went out, bad slide seal, and I could go on and on. I will never buy another rv associated with this brand ever again. I spend as much on repairs as I purchased the rv for. I am not happy with it at all.
- Timothy J Hipp, North Carolina

2019-01-25 2019 Heartland Pioneer DS320 View Listings

This was our first and last purchase of a Heartland Pioneer trailer. We did not have it for a 2 weeks and its spending more time being repaired than used. Its going on a month now for repairs. We bought it, pulled it home, leveled it and left it parked for 2 weeks. Went in it to install a tv and found the floor soaked. Carpets were soaked on the slide out and had standing pools of water on each side of the slide out. Took it back to the dealership. Dealership is as upset as we are. They contact the manufacturer to see if they will help with trade assistance to get us out of the trailer due to the major water damage. Basically, manufacturer says kiss my butt and we will fix the damage. Now we have a travel trailer we no longer want or trust and having to wait at least an other month for repairs because wood has to come from the manufacturer. The seals on the slide out were not installed from the factory properly. The wood from the entire slide out has to be replaced and hopefully the main floor will be replaced as well as parts of the interior walls. I have zero confidence in this trailer now and wish we had bought another trailer now. Please don't waste your time and money on this brand. Read reviews before you buy. Lesson learned.
- George , Tennessee

2019-01-22 2018 Heartland Pioneer R26 View Listings

After numerous trips to and from camping world Lake city fl we chose to fix a lot of the problems our self roof leak, water heater, electric, furnace plumbing issues I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone camping world in lake city fl either
- Shirley stickles , Florida

2019-01-03 2018 Heartland Pioneer RG28 View Listings

Made in jan 2018, purchased from [dealer] lakewood nj feb 2018. It has been in for repairs 4 times. Screen enclosure frame fell off. 2 screws from a floor tie down missing covered with putty. AC circuit board fried. Hot water tank lp gas side fried, hot water only from electric side. Toilet seals bad flooded rv and contents. Molding buckled or fell off. 2 foot hole in dining seat storage slide out wall. 1 tire not sealed kept loosing tire pressure. Cable not connected for outdoor tv. Slide weather seals inside and out need to be replaced. Door hinges for both bathrooms fell off. As of jan 2019 spent total of 2 months intermittently since purchase feb 2018 rest of the time being repaired. Hartland fixing what problems I find, refuses to scrap this one and offet me anothet one. STAY AWAY
- Joe pro, New Jersey

2019-01-01 2018 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

Very big and spacious for my family and I. Quality in workman ship should be a zero. The trim inside is either peeling off or falling off. Replaced ac/furnace thermostat. Owned this trailer for 3 months bought brand new from camping world. Taken on three trips but spent a lot of time in repairing myself. Fixed bathtub plumbing, interior trim in at least 22 different places so far. Replaced the water heater pressure relief valve. Repaired front stabilizer. Replaced propane switch valve. All thus work so far i did myself because camping world says to bring it to them in 4 weeks and they will get around to it when they have time. Finally, in a trip with family and after we got to the resort i noticed the bolt on the leaf spring shackle is almost all the way out. Do not depend on heartland or [dealer] honoring the warranty. They make it impossible for you to get it repaired in an emergency situation. Either i have to pay out of pocket to an independent shop to repair or be stuck on the road for 4 to 6 weeks. Heartland and camping world customer service horrible. Purchase Good Sam Club membership. At least you can get it towed to a shop for free. Overall not happy and would not purchase a heartland and no more purchases from [dealer]. So far spent $950.00 in parts and labor out of pocket to make repairs to a 3 month old trailer. Thank you [dealer] and heartland.
- Ron, California

2018-12-11 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

First off do not buy a Heartland pioneer, I say again do not waste your money, poorly made is a step up, everything is cheaply made and put together, very disappointed on getting our first camper. leaked from 2 places the first time it rained,, we hade to live in it do to our house being tore up from the hurricane and worrying about the camper to, sad nobody at the corporate office gave a crap, will never buy another from this company. Also a Veteran will tell every Marine and I com in contact with, may even report it to Base.
- Butch, North Carolina

2018-12-08 2018 Heartland Pioneer R26 View Listings

I like it this is my first RV it has a lot of room for me and my wife and 2 little yorkie I just want to see the country how much is delivered change I always want a RV I see so many on the road they look so beautiful
- Oreal DOUGLASS , New Jersey

2018-09-04 2016 Heartland Pioneer RB220 View Listings

If you are in need of a nice, comfortable place to live this is a great choice for a couple or small family. We bought this travel trailer new in 2016 from Camping World in Calera Alabama. We have enjoyed our time with the camper very much. We have NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS with this camper. The floor plan has worked well for us. We are very happy with the insulation. The inside temp was very good from both heating and air conditioning. Noise from outside was not a problem, even in some crowded sites. We pulled the trailer with a full size pickup truck. We have anti-sway bars, power tongue lift and mirror extensions. They are helpful. Towing is not difficult, even on some rough and narrow roads. The set-up is simple. Many videos are online to answer your questions. We chose this length for the smaller size sites in many parks. We know that most state and federal parks have size restrictions. Also, it needs 30 amp power. If this size camper fits your needs, you will not be sorry for your purchase.
- Brownie Giles, Florida

2018-09-04 2019 Heartland Pioneer RG26 View Listings

Prepare your self! So we purchased this trailer because of the layout and the size. 26ft was the longest we wanted to go. It fits 2 full size quads great! So pick up day at the dealership after they run all their checks and yada, yada. They state they had to order a new awning motor cause ours want working...Not great but not a huge deal. 1) Wall in the bedroom was coming off. Something we pointed out before purchase! So the dealership just stuck some tiny nails in it to fix it. It was off by the time we got the trailer home from the dealership. 2) The storage above the bed, I put 2 sleeping bags up there. Not big huge heavy ones, just normal size sleeping bags. Cam in and half the thing was hanging down. Really??!!! So my husband had to fix that. So this is 1 week before our big camp out we do every year. Head to Oregon for the camp out, park get all set up. 3) Cant get the water heater to work for the life of me! Will not heat up. I turn the electric and gas heater on...nothing...So after about 12 hours of still no heat, I ask a buddy of ours if there is something we are missing? (He has a trailer, this is our first one).He says yeah theres a by-pass under here that you gotta hook up. Good to know. Thanks dealership for letting us know. (by the way I read every manual that came with the trailer and googled it trying to figure it out). 4) The LED lights on the awning. Cant get them to stop flashing and stay one color. So I google it, apparently there is a little eye on the left hand corner of the awning. The remote has to be pointed directly at it in order to work. Wont work from the door. Not a huge deal but a pain. 5) Grey water tank says it almost full (small tank) . Tell the hubby, he goes and looks and says no its pretty empty. I kept telling him no it says almost full. He empty's it and barely anything comes out. So I check again and still full. Next thing we know the trailer is leaking water out the bottom all over! Its coming out in the bathroom under the shower onto the floor. WTH! So he goes out and checks again, has a hunch and empty's the black water this time...Oh look its completely full! The smart ones labeled the tanks wrong. Fun! So he's looking under the shower where the water was coming out...lone behold the pipe under there is broken ( we also have not used the shower since purchase). Not only have we not used it we cant use it! Great! 6) The screen door wouldn't stay closed/ latch. The door jam is warped. Had to fix that. 7) Molding by the fridge from the floor going up the crease is hanging off. 8) Bed is horrible!!!! We knew this from purchase. So before we went camping we ordered a 4 1/2 inch memory foam for it. WORTH IT!!!! OMG! This made a huge difference. Bought it on amazon. Unfortunately it is longer than the bed, leaves little space to walk around... not a huge issue, more annoying than anything. 9) This last weekend (labor day weekend) we take it out to a spot that doesn't have water or electric hook up. Cant use the inside shower so we go to use the outside one. Use it and cant get it to shut off. Its just spewing water everywhere. So we have to keep the water pump off. Runs our trip short due to wasting our fresh water. 10) We have called the dealer ship about 7 times now and left about 6 messages regarding the awning motor and getting it in for all the repairs. No response. This is over a months time for the calls. Also a months time owning the trailer. The price we paid vs the amount of crap that needs to still be fixed and that my husband has already fixed is ridiculous. That much money shouldn't have this many problems! Some things just happen and that's completely understandable. However this is a lot and flat out ridiculous! The space in the trailer is great! Fits the quads and you can still get to the bedroom and bathroom. I love the huge table!!! Couch things are not great but manageable. So my recommendation if purchasing this toyhauler/trailer is: RUN THROUGH EVERTHING BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE DEALERSHIP!!! RUN THE WATER, SHOWER, WATER HEATER, AWNING, EVERYTHING! MAKE SURE IT ALL WORKS AND TAKE PICTURES IF IT DOESNT AND ALWAYS GET IT IN WRITING IF IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED BEFORE YOU SIGN THE FINAL PAPERS. We did with the awning thankfully.
- Nichole, California

2018-08-07 2017 Heartland Pioneer RG26 View Listings

I bought this POS from a dealer in Quebec. I was about 3 hours on the road heading back to Nova Scotia when I noticed the door was flapping open and closed. On closer inspection the door hole was cut to big and the door wasn't latching properly. I had to use tie downs and strap the door closed. The very first trip we got a rain storm. The unit leaked like a sieve up from in the bedroom. That was fixed under warranty. The electronic board in the furnace went. It took 6 months and lots of lip service from the Quebec dealer before we got reimbursed for that repair. There was tons of small stuff. the cupboard drawers no longer works. screws fell out of the cupboard door latches. The laminate pealed off the counter because there was almost no glue. I had to re-glue it the whole thing. Half the LEDs on my awning are out. I've had to replace the battery (250.00). And the mattress is a joke. We went out and bought a real mattress after the first time we used it. Not sure if Heartland ever made good quality trailers as this was my first one. I just know this POS is totally laughable. Initially Igot very angry at the whole thing but so much went wrong I just had to laugh. The one positive thing is that I could probably go work for an RV dealership doing repairs if I needed to.
- Barry, Nova Scotia

2018-08-07 2017 Heartland Pioneer RG26 View Listings

- Barry, Nova Scotia

2018-07-06 2018 Heartland Pioneer RG26 View Listings

Overall very pleased with unit. Seal around shower is leaking on first trip. This unit is a base toyhauler. We bought a spare tire at Goodyear with rim for $65. We have 2 Honda portable gens that we run. We also purchased 2 Thomas Payne recliners for coach. Screen door for back of hauler seems to be detaching. We will have these items fixed by CW when we get home. Unit tows great behind my Ram 1500 Hemi.
- Beth , Nevada

2018-07-06 2018 Heartland Pioneer RG26 View Listings

- Beth , Nevada

2018-05-21 2018 Heartland Pioneer RG26 View Listings

We purchased this unit brand new in January 2018. Since then, it has been to the shop twice for repairs and we have yet to take it on a trip. The unit doesn't come with a spare tire. It has been returned for the following repairs: bent trim on the refrigerator, bubbles in the linoleum, and non-working light strip remote for the awning. As soon as it got home from that repair trip (the awning lights still don't work with the remote), we noticed that the track for the sliding door between the bedroom and bathroom had come out of the ceiling (it was screwed into just the paneling, not a stud) and about half the screws for the leg cups on the bottom of the table were missing or barely hanging in. The service center we purchased the unit from has provided terrible customer service, but Heartland also declined the repair to the refrigerator. When I emailed Heartland about all of the issues, their response was "That is why there is a manufacturer warranty." At this point, since it is the beginning of camping season, all defects/issues will be documented and at the end of the season we will take the unit back to the shop for the next set of repairs. I anticipate there will be many more given the experience we have already had. I only hope they are not mechanical and don't happen in the middle of a trip.
- Rebecca, Colorado