Heartland Pioneer Reviews on RV Insider (53)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland Pioneer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Roger king from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Pioneer RK280 View Listings

With what you charge for a travel trailer these days you should be ashamed of the mattresses you put in your trailers I would be more comfortable sleeping on the floor, it feels like I am sleeping on a box spring.i went and bought a topper for the mattress but a lot of good that did. Love my trailer but being able to sleep in a comfortable bed is a very important part of a trailer also. You shouldn't have to go out and pay for another matress when the one in the trailer is new. Shame on you is all i have to say, my last purchase.
- Roger king, California

2020-06-24 2017 Heartland Pioneer RD210 View Listings

We have owned this rv for two years. Cheap manufacturing job & materials!! Pros: floor plan & color scheme, ok for two adults & 1 child. Cons: dining room table, a/c is loud, thin mattress, metal shavings & saw dust everywhere, tub drain leak, shavings & saw dust under tub, screw holes at panels easily stripped, wallpaper seams wrinkle. Upgrades: new shower head. Repairs: dismantled tub/shower stall to repair leaky drain, reinforced platform supporting tub to make more sturdy/less bounce. Reset bathroom door. We are enjoying our camping experiences & will slowly make upgrades. New dining room table/wall mounted & black out curtains.
- H.Reed, North Carolina

2020-06-04 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

New to the RV world new 2020 Heartland BH280. I have noticed some small issues. Thermostat was not installed properly looks like it’s going to fall off any day. The Bed is the worst ! They should have made them more comfortable. Who wants to invest in a new product and have to pay more comfort ! As I read other reviews I hope that changes have been made by this company.
- Verna Scott, South Carolina

2020-04-28 2020 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

Horrible. Simply horrible. We've had nothing but negative experiences after we pulled it from the lot. First, our bathtub leaked, and by leaked, I mean poured, through the walls into the living room and kitchen. That was a few months after owning. Then our shower head and kitchen sink cracked, so, again, more water damage... a few months later. What a joke. Bought a 2020 in 2019. We bought a brand new Chevy Silverado in 2015,and nothing. Nothing needed... What. A. JOKE this brand is! Do NOT purchase one of these. I loved the interior and layout. The quality is beyond junk. Should have bought a 1980 Dutchman. Would have had better luck.
- Diana , Minnesota

2020-04-26 2018 Heartland Pioneer RL250 View Listings

We bought the Heartland RV brand new from Camping World first mistake, got it home battery wasn’t secured so we dragged it home. Got it replaced and the first we used the shower it leaked took back for repair, took them 2 weeks lost our keys, lost a cover on the running lights, left the panel off where they fixed the leak, left it dirty and greasy, old parts left in the shower. Took the RV out again this weekend went to use the shower it’s leaking AGAIN! Poor craftsmanship, cheap mattress. Do not buy this brand.
- Sharla Hamilton , Texas

2020-04-18 2019 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

Don’t Buy Heartland! They are horrible company with terrible customer care. We bought a brand new camper under a year ago and have nothing but issues with leaks since our first camping trip. They will take their time approving any warranty work, if they approve it all. Currently our camper is in because the seal around the slider is leaking and they are refusing to warranty it, the leak caused major damage and rot. They built a poorly constructed camper, and won’t stand by there product. They will do anything to try and get out of warranty repairs. We lost the first 6 weeks of camping last year because they took their time approving the warranty from a factory plumbing issue, now it’s been in the shop for close to 5 weeks and nothing has been done. Save yourself and look for a different manufacturer. Heartland is a terrible company that will not stand by their product.
- Ryan Burns , New York

2020-04-08 2018 Heartland Pioneer BH250 View Listings

We purchased our camper from camping world in February 2018 and have had issues since day 1. We live over an hour away from camping world so taking the camper back and forth is aggravating and not to mention the time you have to leave it there for repairs. This takes away from the time we could be using it. We have a major problem now, the floor at the big slide is ROTTED! The floor at the small slide is in perfect shape. We have never opened one slide without opening the other one. I called pioneer and they said we would have to take it and leave it at camping world for them to tear the floor up, and take pictures, and send the pictures to them so they can determine if it’s our fault or theirs! This is such an inconvenience for us. We will NEVER buy this brand again and hope that you will think long and hard before you do! They are built very cheap and poorly. One other problem was the decorative glass above the couch just fell out and busted everywhere because it was put in with a thin strip of glue. The bathtub leaked every time we used it, they fixed that saying that the pipes weren’t put together when it was built. It’s been one thing after another. We can’t enjoy the camper like we want to because there is something ALWAYS wrong!
- Jill Cooley, South Carolina

2020-03-02 2018 Heartland Pioneer BH250 View Listings

Overall, I have been pleased with my RV. However, I have encountered many small things that indicated a lack of pride in craftsmanship at the manufacturer's level. If you do most of your own work because of not wanting to leave you rv for multiple weeks for repair, you find many issues that I don't believe should be found by the owner. I found chunks and pieces of debris left under my sofa, under the sink and under the tub/shower. Every saeled panel I have had to remove had metal, wood chips, sawdust, etc. left behind. To easy for the manufacturer to clean up. I have found numerous leaks from under the sink, a water connection with a loose clamp, and a broken p-trap fitting. I have decided to repair all these on my own because I do possess the skills to do so. I just feel that many of these are a lack of pride in craftsmanship at Heartlands level. Again, I love most things about my RV, but feel these issues are simple to fix with better quality control.
- Johnny Burch, Alabama

2020-02-09 2018 Heartland Pioneer RB180 View Listings

I am adding on to my review from last year. I have used this camper quite bit this last camping season and wanted to update my previous review. First off, the bed totally sucks. the bed is located in the front and the angle of the front makes it next to impossible to lay in bed and watch TV because your chin is in your chest. The original mattress is not to bad but everyone has their own likes and dislikes. When I first purchased it I found a lot of minor issues with trim that were all easy fixes. I have had the roof checked twice a year and so far just need a little re calking but that's it. No leaks (yay). It has 2 USB plugs that did not work because the wires were not connected to it (easy fix). I believe there was no quality control whatsoever because all the problems I found would have easily been discovered and corrected if there was any kind of quality control inspection. All in all it is a nice little camper once you fix all the little issues with it but the camper is too small for two adults but for a single person it is not bad. I have a 1500 Silverado 4X4 and it tows very easy. Because of it's small size primitive camping is easy and fun. I have taken mine down dirt trails with no problems at all. All and all It is a good little camper, just give it a good inspection before buying one
- William Hyneman, North Carolina

2020-01-20 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

DO NOT BUY! Pros: floor plan. Cons: Sewer vent is almost inside the bathroom exhaust vent, so close that a vent cover cannot be installed and when parked with the wind from the rear the smell of feces fills the camper. The hot water heater cannot have an anode installed by design and it fermented while sitting over 3 months getting a leaking tub drain fixed. Now the water smells of sulfur and stinks the camper up terrible. The AM/FM radio didn't have an antenna connected. The furnace failed twice in the first 3 weeks. Back to the tub leak, the pea trap under it hit the floor and the tub had no support so it leaked. This despite two huge holes cut in the floor to accommodate the pea trap, they missed. Some of the panneling is pealing back it's so thin. Summary: The poor design, shoddy workmanship and cheap materials are appalling.
- Jim, Texas

2019-12-20 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

I would give 0 stars if able. Biggest piece of s*** company ever! Beware and do your research! I wish I would have. The amount of things that have broken, a roof leak that they have refused to cover. RV is only 6 months old. We look at it and something breaks. Forget walking around it barefoot, there are so many metal shavings no matter how much we vacuum.
- Caitlin , Pennsylvania

2019-12-13 2019 Heartland Pioneer BH250 View Listings

I imagined having a camper would be somewhat of a luxury addition. This experience has been everything but. I bought a brand new 2019 Pioneer BH250 in December of 2018. That said, I feel like I live at Camping World and surrounding hotels as oppoesed to living in the camper. I have had a leak in my Unit that has not yet been rectified since buying the camper. I have 8 different service visits throughout 2019 for the same/similar issue. As I type this, my Unit is with Camping World as they intend to remove the side paneling on the RV to see if they can resolve the issue. The manufacuter should be as disgusted as I am when this posts. Who's in charge? Who can help? The internet - leave a message and an answering service will get with you! Why even have a reviews page if the median of reviews are negative? Who even monitors this page? I know...only the buyers who have had issues to the point of no help. The company does not monitor this page. Too many negative reviews. This is heartbreaking and can not reflect the best intrests of this company. Whoever monitors this page, help in my matter would be greatly appreciated! V/r Buyer in disgust
- Erren, Texas

2019-12-10 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

First shower in rv pee trap broke under floor in bathtub...hole in floor not wide enough..flooded the whole underbellie of camper...used oven twice and ignitor had to be replaced..refrigerator keeps icing up...now heater part on furnace not blowing hot air...manufacture warranty expired...😟..i did not take back to dealer (camping world) because they wanted me to just drop it off and they will get to it when they can...i am in my camper more iften than not so i could not do that...i hired an independant repair company and they did the work and i sent invoice to Heartland and got reimbursed every penny..now that manufacture warranty is up we will see how good extended warranty works...
- Debora, Florida

2019-11-03 2019 Heartland Pioneer 327 View Listings

We bought a 2019 Heartland Pioneer 327 from Camping World in Albuquerque in March of 2019. We have had it for 6 months and so many things have gone wrong. After investigating a plumbing problem, which was a water hose that was not connected; we discovered feces in the underbelly that appears to have been there since before we purchased the rig. After opening the underbelly we discovered that the motor for the rear landing gear was indeed installed, but never connected to the switch. When Camping World found that the switch didn’t work they suggested that Heartland had forgotten to install it, and then charged us for another they installed on the outside of the rig. We have just received a recall on the air conditioning unit also . So many things have gone wrong and neither Heartland or Camping World have been helpful. The rig was supposed to be NEW however it appears that it was not. Although we left the rig with Camping World for 2 weeks for the rig to be inspected and cleaned, the rig was absolutely filthy when it was delivered. We will never buy another product from Heartland or Camping World. Their integrity on a scale 1-10 is ZERO. We will be getting rid of this lemon as soon as we possibly can. Unfortunately the workers take no pride in the product they are selling, or in the service they provide to the customers. These two companies have made our first experience with a Fifth wheel horrible. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from Camping World or Heartland. You will be severely disappointed in the whole experience.
- Anonymous , New Mexico

2019-10-21 2018 Heartland Pioneer DS320 View Listings

The quality in this camper is nonexistent, they should be ashamed. Metal filings and sawdust blew out of the floor registers when the heat was turned on. Water leaks under kitchen cabinets. Water heater works only intermittently. Awning motor burned out within the 1st month. Blind had to be replaced, gaping holes in undercarriage. This has to be the worst camper on the market today. I would never recommend or buy another one, just junk!!!!!!!!
- Jacob , Vermont

2019-08-29 2019 Heartland Pioneer RG26 View Listings

We bought the heartland pioneer in NC for our move to TX. My husband had just gotten home from being overseas for a year so he was super excited about getting us a camper for our family and dogs and not having to worry with hotels and such. Needless to say, it has been at a Camping World for longer than we had it. It’s a toy hauler right? So tell me why we put our motorcycle in it for the first time, the floor buckled and caused a dent in the middle of the floor?! Guess what? Warranty doesn’t cover it! 😡 AF Really? So, we leave on our trip out west and within a week, our floors flooded from a seal leak in the shower, the oven didn’t light, the door slide to the bedroom was stripped and bent, the screws of the blinds weren’t in the wall all of the way, the decal was put on poorly so it’s having to be put on again, the siding is coming off, the bed SUCKS, (we had to get a foam topper), the power just shuts off when it feels like it, the back benches are whack when trying to put them up. The straps aren’t long enough....so many things that shouldn’t have happened in the first freaking week. Not to mention that both locks on the door were secure but somehow managed to pop open on a busy freeway. Thankfully, I was driving behind and saw it. Now, we wait.... Warranty covers a few things but not the main issue which is the floor from our bike and I wouldn’t call this A “toy hauler”. What a nightmare and a half!! 😡 The plus side is it’s our starter trailer and even though we’ll probably have to pay out of pocket for the floor, we are excited to get it back and do some camping. I definitely will never buy nor recommend Heartland products again.
- Jenn, Texas

2019-08-14 2019 Heartland Pioneer RG28 View Listings

I am an active duty Soldier and I was looking at a PCS move after a deployment. So, I bought this RV so I could come back and live in it while I moved my family to my new duty station and completed some more training. I walked into Camping World, paid them 10G and financed the rest, and I parked this hunk of garbage so it would be waiting for me when I got back. Six months later when I got back, it was full of water damage! The mattress was ruined, the cabinets are ruined, I had placed the back table on the bed next to a quilt my grandmother had made for me before she died, they were both ruined! Keep in mind that I had not used this trailer AT ALL and had just moved it about 3 miles from Gander Outdoors/Camping World to my storage area and parked it. I've never gotten to enjoy or use this trailer because it's been in the shop all summer. I tried to file a claim with my insurance and they said it was a manufacturing defect. I took it to camping world and they told me that Heartland had denied the claim but then they reconsidered I guess because I'm a Soldier as "a favor to me". They agreed to fix the leak and replace the mattress and the table but they didn't replace an contents or the water damaged cabinets. I called them 2 times and it took a month to get "Chris" to call me back on the phone. He told me if I didn't like the decision that he and his manager had made, he could just deny the whole claim and not fix anything and then he wanted to know how I liked that. Thankfully, I had already gotten the work done and I can't really be ripped off by these guys anymore, aside from the fact that I am the owner of a piece of crap on wheels that is still full of water damage. They never fixed the cabinets and the internal damage and I can't really get another quilt. I let them know that they had lost me as a customer forever and that I would write this review and a lot more. I want everyone to know about my bad customer service experience and I want everyone to know what a low quality product they produce. I will try to sell this as soon as I get to me new duty station, if this thing will make it that far. Also, this trailer is made of the cheapest materials possible and looks like it was put together by people who take no pride in their work. There is just sloppy work all over this trailer and I'm sure there will be much more problems ahead as I suffer the misfortune of owning one. I don't know what kind of QAQC program they have at Heartland but it must be as poor as their workmanship and customer service because this one should not have left the factory. This trailer was a rip off and they refused to make things right. I was just trying to do the right thing for my family and now I'm out a bunch of money because of their incompetence. I would strongly recommend that you do not buy a Heartland RV because if you do, not only are you buying something substandard, you are buying it from people who won't even stand by their work. So why waste your money?
- Scott Purvines, North Carolina

2019-07-27 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

Please head this review. Had a qb300 for 4 months and was finally able to switch. Leaks everywhere that destroyed the floor. Next to the slide leaked and destroyed that floor. Got it fixed. It still leaked and eventually leaked on the other side and warped that floor. The shower plumbing broke the first time we used it and leaked all over the floor. Toilet leaked. Total trash. Stay away.
- Joey, Missouri

2019-07-22 2019 Heartland Pioneer RL250 View Listings

Made one trip of approx 500 miles.. had to replace tires due to bent axle.. Camping World wanted us to bring unit to them but we decided not to destroy new tires.. debate between Heartland and Dexter (axle manufacturers) took extra week before settling.. got 2 new axles after 4 weeks which after reading other reviews is relatively short. Door between bedroom and living area ripped out as one one screw was holding it in. They tightened paneling and such... but left all removed bent nails and staples all over floor. All wiring in fuse/breaker box were loose and had to be tightened. Breaker for A/C has to be turned off before using heater as both come on when using heater. A/C only cools trailer about 10 degrees from outside temp. Mattress was indeed a joke. As we have now learned... best to read reviews before buying!! Avoid Heartland and Camping World Las Vegas like the plague! Must say the salesman we had did tell us they were crap tires...our fault we did not do proper research... won’t happen again!
- Steven Selbach , Nevada

2019-07-16 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

Heart Land trailers are junk. Whoever put my 325ODK together should quit their job and find something to do that they are good at. Heart Land assemblers clearly have zero f#ck$ to give about the job they do. Everything from stripped screws, cabinets falling off, drawers next to each other not even with each other, plumbing leaking, DVD player that won’t play dvds, refrigerator in the outdoor kitchen won’t work, pulling metal out of my children’s feet (we have to wear shoes in our brand new camper)... plus so much more. I’m afraid that if I call my insurance provider that they’d total this thing based strictly on the damage and poor workmanship that was done during the assembly process. Heart Land should be ashamed of themselves for employing everyone that had a hand in assembling my trailer. Never again buying Heart Land junk campers.
- Mike Holm, New York

2019-07-08 2018 Heartland Pioneer BH250 View Listings

We purchased our camper new. We were very excited. We have camped 5 times in 1.5 years...a total of 15 days combined. Something has broke every single time but one. The dinette has buckled putting us in the floor twice..the fan over the stove was used one time and locked up...the water pump never worked..and the outdoor lights around the speaker stopped working. We are very easy on things and are not big people. We have the extended warranty and have had it all fixed but the quality should be so much better for what you pay. Each time we have had to take and have it repaired takes away from time we could possibly be using it since it takes several weeks for parts. We plan to sell or trade as soon as possible we no intents to ever purchase the brand again.
- April , North Carolina

2019-07-08 2018 Heartland Pioneer RL250 View Listings

RV is currently at Heartland in IN. Main issues are continuous leaks in bathroom and overhead storage compartments. Leaks in bathroom are currently being addressed for the SIXTH time... flooring in bedroom already had to be replaced from water damage from the wall between bedroom and bathroom. Floor in the bathroom is extremely soft and I can only imagine the damage to the entire flooring and area under the shower after the continuous leaks after five "repairs" from Heartland approved techs. It took several months for Heartland to schedule an appt to get our unit to the factory, where it currently is right now. They have no concern about time lost from using your unit or any costs to you from the defective units they sell.
- Lisa Edwards Gravitt , Georgia

2019-06-27 2018 Heartland Pioneer RG28 View Listings

Bought brand new Camping World Lakewood N.J. feb 2018 March 2018 found campsite in FLA. March 2018 to June 2019 spent 3 weeks in trailer rest of the time it was either in the shop for repairs or on their long waiting list for repairs. Anyway total usage was only 3 weeks. Most recent its been at camping world since January 2, 2019 till June 26, 2019. Once in Florida 1st week screen enclosure frame fell off, tire kept loosing air, frog came in from a hole in the outside wall in the dining area slide storage area, not a scratch from corresponding outside wall. Once returned from Florida repair shop 2 week in August No A.C., had to go to Lowe's and buy a portable AC unit. Slide roof leak, 3rd week no hotwater from the LP gass side, toilet seal allowed smell from sewer in RV, toilet fitting loosen and flooded out the unit causing damage to floor and molding. and now heading back to NJ paying for a site while RV in repair shop fighting over whose responsibility to fix. DO NOT BUY FROM HARTLAND OR CAMPING WORLD UNLESS YOU ARE UNLIKE ME, KNOWLEDGEABLE IN RVING.
- Joe, New Jersey

2019-06-19 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

At first, we really liked our new camper and we purchased it around the first of May 2019. The very first time my kids used the shower, water flooded out into the dining/living room area. What I found was that when the trailer was built, the hole cut in the floor for the pee trap for the tub/shower was off by about 2 in. That would mean when someone stepped in the shower it would go down and the pipe would break at the drain. Next issue is the a/c cycles on and off repeatedly. Multiple screws we're sticking out and not properly installed. My daughter was making her bed and found a razor blade under her mattress. Trim at the bedroom sliding door is coming off completely. The zipper on the couch is broken underneath. The exterior speaker is coming apart. The weatherstripping at the slide is come loose and on the ground. In the front bedroom it looks like the wall is separating. The light in the slide is hanging down on one side. I will be taking it back to the dealership to be repaired. I do not fault my salesman by no means, he is as upset as I am.
- Brock McIntosh, Arkansas

2019-06-10 2019 Heartland Pioneer DS320 View Listings

Have had multiple problems leaks bad construction loose floor screws poking up through the laminated floor. Panels falling off the wall. Gaskets on the slides falling off. Electronics failing. Water damage from the leak. And it 3 months old. Can't find anyone who does warranty claims except camping world. It sat there for 3 weeks nothing has been done.
- joe , Georgia