Heartland North Trail RVs Reviews (29)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland North Trail RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Debra Mrad from Colorado says:

Have you owned any Heartland North Trail RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Heartland North Trail 26LRSS King View Listings

We bought our brand new Heartland 26LRSS King, Caliber Edition, TT in April 2017. We've had it out on several short and long trips already. Overall we are very pleased with our purchase. With the King slide and lots of windows it feels like a much larger TT than it is. Layout: The layout in the TT functions pretty good for us. My only complaint is with the bathroom. I'm short at 5'2", the mirrors on the cabinets in the bathroom are set so high that I can only see my eyebrows on up. Unless I stand on my toes. But what I really like is the amount of medicine cabinet space, much more than most units in this size category. And I wish there was just a little more space in the bathroom, it's pretty tiny. Quality: Nothing major has gone wrong. All systems seem to function as they should. In May we got caught in a spring snow that dumped 12 inches of snow on us. We stayed warm and cozy and nothing froze up since it has a heated & enclosed underbelly. And we were just out in Mesa, AZ with 104º heat and we stayed nice and cool with the A/C on. The only reason I didn't give this a 5 star on quality is because we've had little issues that my husband fixed himself. EX: the microwave frame that holds the unit in it's shelving, there was a screw missing on one side and the microwave slid a little out of the shelf. We were on the road at the time and hubby just went to an ACE hardware store, got a screw and secured the microwave himself. Several of our kitchen cabinet doors have come loose and hubby fixed those as well. Other than that, it's been a solid unit so far. No major problems at all. Towing: We pull it with our 2016 Ford F-150 with Eco Boost. Since this is considered a light unit our truck has no problem pulling it, even in the Rocky Mountains which we visit a lot since we live in Colorado. Warranty Support: We haven't turned anything into warranty support yet as there has been only minor things wrong that happened while out on long trips and we've just dealt with them ourselves, as mentioned above. One other thing we did was buy a different mattress. Most RV mattresses are not up to our standards and we want to sleep comfortably while on the road, just like at home. I will say that on our longest trip we've had with this we toured the plant in Elkhart Indiana where these are made. We saw a whole line of North trails on the assembly line and the plant manager gave us the tour. We were pretty impressed. It's little things that a lot of people don't notice. Heating vents are in the walls not on the floor. Walkable roof. More insulation than a lot of brands. Thicker walls than a lot of brands. Overall we are very pleased with our Heartland North Trail.
- Debra Mrad, Colorado

2019-08-15 2019 Heartland North Trail 31BHDD View Listings

Brand new 2019 32ft northtrail. RV had a dozen problems from thefactory! Multipleleaks. Slide leaks. Trim falling off walls! Both heaters dont work! Pump works intermitentdly. And heartland RV support keeps flaking on me! (Says they will call back, and doesnt! It's been 3.5 weeks. I've had to deal w Ryan, Robert, Jeff, now waiting on Terry. Each time, they quit responding after a few days of "making progress", and blow me off with "we will call u back"! And then never do!! I'm on the verge of contacting an attorney tbh! Currently waiting on Terry to call me back, but I doubt he will. These ppl are NOT PROFESSIONAL!! Beware! (If they make this situation right, I will change this review! But as of now, avoid these scammers!)
- Ben, California

2019-06-14 2015 Heartland North Trail 31BHDD View Listings

We really enjoy camping and finally found a camper that fits the family and makes us feel like we are at home, even when we are on the road. Having the electric jacks and power awning are a huge bonus.
- Brian, Michigan

2019-05-23 2016 Heartland North Trail 26LRSS View Listings

I really love the layout and comfort of this camper. Everyone that has been in this camper loves it very much. This camper can be pulled by a 1/2 ton truck with no issues..hardly know it is there. we love it. I recommend to everyone.
- don Ska, Wisconsin

2019-04-09 2019 Heartland North Trail 33BUDS View Listings

This model has a bunkhouse room in the back, however the entry door to this room opens inward the issue is that if people are sleeping in the lower bed on the floor you can’t get in or out of this room which is a major design issue especially if someone has small children in there & there is a fire and you can’t get in to rescue the children. When I called heartland they said it was not built wrong and that’s the way it is totally unacceptable. I will not purchase another one of there units again if I want it changed to open outward then I will have to pay to have it changed. I just purchased it two weeks ago & haven’t even camped in it yet.
- Jim Lewis, Missouri

2019-03-20 2018 Heartland North Trail 22FBRB View Listings

Bought 2018 Trailer in Fall of 2017. Took it out home 15 Miles to camp ground 25 Miles for a week had some minor issues took back to the dealer got it fixed but soon had to take it back then home again overall hauled less than 150 Miles. Winterized and stored it. Took it out in the spring for what was supposed to be a week. Set it up and discovered the front located bed was soaked and the front wall warped. There had been a lot of rain. There were also some issues with cabinet hinges not working Took it to the dealer to fix. It was still under warranty. They fixed the hinges but discovered that the seals require inspection and maintenance every 90 days (as stated on page 21-22 Owners Manual. We were not told that by the dealer. It is also unreasonable to expect some one to take it to a dealer every quarter for inspection especially when they could not find the leak we know existed with out an expensive test. I am considering a class action suit against Heartland if there are enough others with the same experience
- Paul Kauffman, Pennsylvania

2019-03-15 2018 Heartland North Trail 22FBS View Listings

We bought the trailer in Minnesota. Within the 1st week, the sink was pulling loose from the counter (dropping) and I noticed the outside molding around the trailer was missing screws. I called the place we bought it and they sent someone out. Other than the fact that they had to wait until they got factory approval to make the repairs, they fixed it the way it should have been. Everybody who has seen our trailer is highly impressed with the luxury and look of it. I've been in a lot of travel trailers and ours is a much richer look than most. We love it. Wish I bought bigger because now we have it permanently on a lot we own at a resort we love!
- M. Foshe, Illinois

2019-01-13 2016 Heartland North Trail 21FBS View Listings

Thought this rv was a good deal until the gel coat started to bubble below the window on the slide out after only owning it 8 months. Dealer said window seal leak. Heartland refused warranty repair - just kept dragin it out and asking for more and more pictures even though their dealer said window not sealed . Heartland refused warranty and said I caused the problem because I had sealed a couple of cracks in the roof!!! Had nothing to do with the wall below the window!Beware of No warranty support!!! I had even stored this rv in a barn over the winter. Took a big bath on this one and traded it off quick before more damage showed up. I would never purchase another Heartland or North Trail product!! Junk
- Max Smith, Indiana

2018-12-12 2011 Heartland North Trail 29RE View Listings

Great floor plan. Very few items that needed repair over a 10 year span. Great fuel mileage. Can still get parts through Monaco - REV group. Though out of warranty manufacturer did make all needed warranty repairs when coach was new.
- Spiros Karidis, Oregon

2018-12-12 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BH View Listings

Can't find a better unit in the same price range. Insulation is excellent. Can't say enough good things about it. These are hard to find and tend to sell fast when they go on the market or are on a lot. 941-460-8601
- jan, Florida

2018-12-11 2011 Heartland North Trail 27RL View Listings

This is an awesome unit. Sleeps 6-8 pulls very nice, nice garage, kitchen, GENERATOR, nice bath, all around great setup, entertaining is very easy with the rear patio and open floor plan, very nice to travel in.
- Scott Siemers , Minnesota

2018-12-11 2011 Heartland North Trail 26RK View Listings

Bought our Connect Lite in March. We have the option with the Murphy bed, but took that out as it takes up too much space and we use the convertible dinette bed instead. Things we like: It has a great floor plan for us and we travel with 2 large dogs. The outdoor shower is nice and handy. Indoor shower is a good size. Great sound system. Easy to tow, maneuvers well - travelled across Canada with it. Things we hate: The trimmings around the door have peeled off, the kitchen sink has dropped down and our shower has already started leaking, was not sealed well. Shower head is also giving us issues. The board at the end of our kitchen counter is cheap and pops out, we will need to nail it in. In general it's a great trailer, but they definitely cheaped out on some parts of it and some things seem like they were rushed so were not done properly.
- Akeisha, British Columbia

2018-12-11 2011 Heartland North Trail 24RL View Listings

I have had my jay o for three weeks and the electrical and heater don’t work!!! My RV is brand new I paid cash for it and it is already having problems three weeks after I can’t even keep the camper or keep the power on for more than a couple of minutes before it cuts out. All I can smell is propane in my camper my family is constantly cold the power cuts out constantly and the heater will not ignite they want me to bring in so that they can look at it but want me to pay to have it fixed .... I’m so unhappy with their product !!!! You can see the nail holes in the wall product is put together like a piece of crap. I have nowhere for me and my family to stay and we cannot heat our camper I want to new one but they won’t give me one. Why should I have to pay to fix the camper that’s brand new this company does not make good products!
- Tasha Stuemke, Wyoming

2018-10-15 2015 Heartland North Trail 22RBK View Listings

Gorgeous. Open floor plan, but front shell needs caulking. Amazing storage. Very well insulated. A pleasure to tow. Love the trax wheels for better stability while towing. It's interior is plush and very comfortable.
- Deborah Wise, Pennsylvania

2018-08-23 2017 Heartland North Trail 28DBSS View Listings

I have been so disappointed with this trailer it's unbelievable. This is my first NEW trailer bought 2/10/2018, I have had 2 used ones which were way better built than this 28DBSs. The workmanship and craftsmanship of this trailer is a joke, what an absolute disappointment. Cabinets falling apart because only one screw when 2 or 3 are required. Gas part of Hot water tank won't work , walls already coming apart as well as the ceiling. Cook top won't light must hand light. And the air conditioning will not work properly. Excalibur which is the 1I bought is supposed to come with A Queen size pillow top mattress for the master bedroom we received a piece of krapp mattress so Uncomfortable Definitely not the pillow top plush mattress it was supposed to come with, but to be fair, we don't know if the dealership screwed us on that or the manufacturer. So as you can see , what a disappointment. I will never buy another Heartland Rv again. Sincerely Juan Lete Boise, Idaho
- Juan Lete, Idaho

2018-07-16 2017 Heartland North Trail 28DBSS View Listings

This is a wonderful travel trailer. All beds are comfortable with the additional padding that was added. Spacious area to watch tv. Great seating area for mealtime. There is a decent amount of space for storage inside and out.
- Stacey, South Carolina

2018-06-24 2018 Heartland North Trail 28BRS View Listings

We brought it home brand new in March took it to florida for the month of april..first rain we had water along the door side in bedroom we had a list of about 10 6hings in this brand new camper that needed fixed from water leaks to things that's were not properly installed..took it back ,,it took them about a month to get it back,,took it back out a couple of weeks ago more then gulf the thing were not fixed properly first downpour here comes the rain rolling down the wall got video this time flooring is now coming up worried about mold it goes back in two weeks very disappointed with it
- Cheryl scoggan, Indiana

2017-05-16 2014 Heartland North Trail 26LRSS King View Listings

Since purchase we have been very pleased with the performance of this trailer. It is towed by a Ford F-150 and has not been difficult to trail. The massive King slide along with separate main sleeping area, dual doors, substantial insulation, closed underside have made this tug an excellent performer in Florida summers and Georgia/Alabama winters ( as low as 25 degrees). The views are expansive with the numerous windows - more windows than typical similar rigs. We back up to water or vista and the rear window shines. Storage is adequate for a week or two away from civilization. Smooth exterior walls and Fiberglas front are durable and look good after three years. Reasonable performance and features for the street price.
- Jim, Florida

2017-05-05 2011 Heartland North Trail 21FBS View Listings

Very easy to set up and pull. Nice and roomy, comfortable living area. Large enough for three adults or two adults and two children. Large bathroom gives ample privacy, along with glass enclosed shower. The four tire and two axles make for a smooth ride and towing. The well insulated trailer allows comfort in all weather conditions. The extras included, make this a home away from home.
- Rick, Oklahoma

2017-03-12 2011 Heartland North Trail 21FBS View Listings

Perfect for small family! Easily pulled behind SUV or 1/2 ton pickup. Large bathroom and shower. Comes with outside shower and many extras. 2ft.slide on the rear for generator and bicycles. Max Air covers for vents allows vents to be open even in the rain. Well insulated for summer or winter camping.
- Richard, Oklahoma

2017-02-28 2009 Heartland North Trail 31QBS View Listings

We LOVE this camper. We like having the bedrooms separated. It is great for the kids to have their own room and they have room for friends. This camper also sleeps so many!! We like having the tub for the kids as well.
- Jean, Michigan

2017-02-16 2013 Heartland North Trail 21FBS View Listings

This is the Caliber Edition so it has upgrades like power awning and leveling jacks. Also Corean counters and a porcelin potty. It has a horseshoe slide out dinette. It's well built and towes great. That's one of the reasons we bought it. We just bought a bigger trailer privately and we don't need 2 trailers.
- Charles Woelfel, Pennsylvania

2016-12-22 2015 Heartland North Trail 22RBK View Listings

Bad experience with customer service. Also unit canopy lights burned out twice in one year. Slide out failed to close due to failure at factory to properly put wires together at factory. Would not warranty because unit 16 months old. Poor on Heartlands part. Simply put not a heartland fan any longer. LOST a customer over 242.00.
- Larry Keener, Arkansas

2016-07-15 2011 Heartland North Trail 31BDSS View Listings

We thoroughly enjoyed this travel trailer. I has more than enough room for the family and friends to go camping. The air conditioner works perfectly and has a remote control. The heater also works great. you have to lower the heat at night because it warms up the camper a lot. It has plenty of storage space and the electric awning is a great feature. you can adjust each arm of the awning to lower one side or the other for the rail to run off of it. You have the ability to hook up a TV in the back room and it has a door for privacy. You can also hook up a TV to the stereo so you can have sound throughout the whole trailer, even outside. It has plenty of freshwater supply and black and grey water storage, as well. This trailer is in very good condition ready for the next family to take it out on the road.
- Alfonso Garza, Texas

2016-04-08 2013 Heartland North Trail 32BUDS View Listings

This is my second 32BUDS. Love the camper, love the layout. Craftmenship of these units second to none. I have never had any issues with anything on thsee units. I bought this one brand new in 2013. The large king slides are great and create a lot more room than thw older model of the 32BUDS. Love the outside kitchen that is set up for a tv. For being 37 foot long it tows with ease behind any 1/2 ton or SUV. Over all a great camper. The kids just loved the bunk area. It is set up for a tv and has a good bit of storage. Even has enough room for thw kids to play games the bunk area.
- Steve, Ohio