Heartland North Trail Reviews on RV Insider (48)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland North Trail RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Debra Mrad from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Heartland North Trail 26LRSS King View Listings

We bought our brand new Heartland 26LRSS King, Caliber Edition, TT in April 2017. We've had it out on several short and long trips already. Overall we are very pleased with our purchase. With the King slide and lots of windows it feels like a much larger TT than it is. Layout: The layout in the TT functions pretty good for us. My only complaint is with the bathroom. I'm short at 5'2", the mirrors on the cabinets in the bathroom are set so high that I can only see my eyebrows on up. Unless I stand on my toes. But what I really like is the amount of medicine cabinet space, much more than most units in this size category. And I wish there was just a little more space in the bathroom, it's pretty tiny. Quality: Nothing major has gone wrong. All systems seem to function as they should. In May we got caught in a spring snow that dumped 12 inches of snow on us. We stayed warm and cozy and nothing froze up since it has a heated & enclosed underbelly. And we were just out in Mesa, AZ with 104º heat and we stayed nice and cool with the A/C on. The only reason I didn't give this a 5 star on quality is because we've had little issues that my husband fixed himself. EX: the microwave frame that holds the unit in it's shelving, there was a screw missing on one side and the microwave slid a little out of the shelf. We were on the road at the time and hubby just went to an ACE hardware store, got a screw and secured the microwave himself. Several of our kitchen cabinet doors have come loose and hubby fixed those as well. Other than that, it's been a solid unit so far. No major problems at all. Towing: We pull it with our 2016 Ford F-150 with Eco Boost. Since this is considered a light unit our truck has no problem pulling it, even in the Rocky Mountains which we visit a lot since we live in Colorado. Warranty Support: We haven't turned anything into warranty support yet as there has been only minor things wrong that happened while out on long trips and we've just dealt with them ourselves, as mentioned above. One other thing we did was buy a different mattress. Most RV mattresses are not up to our standards and we want to sleep comfortably while on the road, just like at home. I will say that on our longest trip we've had with this we toured the plant in Elkhart Indiana where these are made. We saw a whole line of North trails on the assembly line and the plant manager gave us the tour. We were pretty impressed. It's little things that a lot of people don't notice. Heating vents are in the walls not on the floor. Walkable roof. More insulation than a lot of brands. Thicker walls than a lot of brands. Overall we are very pleased with our Heartland North Trail.
- Debra Mrad, Colorado

2020-10-29 2017 Heartland North Trail 21FBS Caliber View Listings

First off, I liked the size, 26.6’ not too big and not to small. I pull this camper with a Ford F-150 which has a 2.7 L engine.It pulls with ease, in 6 speed with overdrive, the engine is tacking 1800 RPM and I get 12 miles per gallon at 65-70 MPH.If not careful,you look down and you are doing 80. A perfect camper for wife and husband. We have really enjoyed this North Trail Caliber with its porcelain toilet,stainless steel kitchen sink and seamless counter top. It has plenty of storage spaces.But with growing family am forced to see about getting a larger camper. Hope my 2.7L will handle one about 30’ in length.Have a good day.
- Joseph P Boulware,jr., South Carolina

2020-08-13 2019 Heartland North Trail 33BUDS View Listings

This is a great travel trailer! Its spacious floor plan and the ability to sleep 10 is amazing! The separate bunk and private master, AND 2 bathrooms makes this very appealing to families or a large group of friends! It has a really nice outdoor kitchen, outdoor shower, and the party pack awning makes it a social entertainment place everyone will want to gather at. The quality is far superior to other brands we have owned, and towing is very easy. You do need a super duty to pull this Queen, but you would never be disappointed in all of the extras this camper offers!
- R. F., Colorado

2020-08-11 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS View Listings

My family loves this travel trailer. High quality, great storage, and I would purchase again. We have come across a few other owners in our travels, and all have had similar comments about their North Trail camper. The kids fit well from small to young adults, and we have many happy memories! No issues towing with F-150.
- Kevin Wahr, Michigan

2020-08-01 2012 Heartland North Trail 26 View Listings

This trailer has manufacturing issues. Windows lacked original seals, skylights leak. Leaks down walls, onto floors...it has been a constant issue. When you have to take windows out to find there is no seal, you know there is no quality control at the factory. We have messed with the window for years. Never real7z3d the issue because it was garage kept. It had to rain on us while camping, for us to figured out water was running between the vinyl wall onto the floor. Of course by that time the OSB was rotting. We love the camper's inside,but will never buy a Northtrail again. We do not recommend it either.
- lisabkost, Indiana

2020-07-30 2019 Heartland North Trail 22RBK View Listings

My wife and I have loved our trailer so far. We like that the a/c is ducted thru the ceiling to more evenly cool. Love the wood cabinets. We love the rear bath and storage. We like the U shaped dinette. And love outside kitchen. We bought ours with the Caliber pkg. So it has power stabilizer Jacks, hard surface countertop,rear load rack, power tongue Jack, power awning, and gas grill. And I love the wide Trax axles. I researched all trailers, and thought Heartland North Trail was the best built trailer for the money we spent. Dry weight just over 5100 lbs. Things we would like to see changed: use screws on outside of coach that don't rust; I've had to replace sheet metal screws that were missing or loose; I would like Heartland to offer an upgraded tire PKG. I've reinstalled trim piece that was loose; and we replaced queen RV mattress with a standard queen memory foam. We bought our 22RBK earlier this year. It was a 2019 leftover. And my overall review is, we love our Heartland, and that we would do it all over again.
- William Price, Ohio

2020-07-26 2019 Heartland North Trail 33BUDS View Listings

Have used this multiple times for full family trips and couldn't be happier! Quality, durability with a great open floor plan! Amazing option added value and didn't believe it would sleep my family of 9, grandkids and dogs alike! Thank you Heartland!
- R. F., Colorado

2020-07-13 2011 Heartland North Trail 28RLS View Listings

Bought this camper brand new. It has had a leak in the slide since the first year we owned it. Piece of CRAP! Never buy North Trail again. Heartland manufacturing quality on this trailer is extremely poor. BUYER BEWARE!
- Samuel Thomas, Kentucky

2020-07-12 2021 Heartland North Trail 24BHS View Listings

Bought this trail brand new sight unseen this year approximately 2 weeks ago as of writing this review. On the first trip it seemed as if things were going well. It was a little tough to tow even with the WD Hitch from Blue Ox. It was liveable enough and the kids loved the bunks. The king bed is quire firm and resulted in soreness each morning. Good news is everything seemed to work as it should...Until... When we arrived home we noticed that there are many screws around the skirting that heads have broken off. One of the screw heads on the slide out on the front bottom broke off. On the back wall of the slide out there is a crack in the wall and a star shaped crack/bullseye in the fiberglass. A panel on the refrigerator door fell out/off. While using it the first night and walking around with socks on, there is something underneath the vinyl flooring that causes it to have a big lump just in front of the fridge, bunks, bathroom door in the middle of the floor that will result in the vinyl tearing. It appears as if it is some sort of screw head or glob of glue about the size of a half dollar that is raised the thickness of a half dollar. I cannot rate the warranty on the trailer accurately as the dealer will not accept it back until the 14th to work on it. My feelings at the moment are that they will take care of it but that isn't known for sure. Keeping fingers crossed. Actually disappointed that something 2 weeks old has this many problems already and some are structural with the slide out exterior walls and broken exterior screws.
- Kent C`, Minnesota

2020-07-07 2019 Heartland North Trail 24BHS View Listings

This travel trailer has been flawless. The floor plan is perfect for us. The outside kitchen was the selling. point. The quality is very good. We have used in in late fall and furnace worked fine. The only thing that could improved on is an owners manual. I believe they have an app for them now.
- chin495, Maine

2020-06-01 2018 Heartland North Trail 32BUDS View Listings

My girlfriend and I have been working and living in this trailer since the quarantine started and we couldn't be happier! I took a travel nursing job and when everyone started working from home we decided the girlfriend and our 2 dogs were coming with me. What I love the most is the back bunk area. I've set this up as an office with a desk and computer. This has allowed the girlfriend a comfortable place to work from home. We've really managed to go from a house to this trailer with minimal growing (shrinking?) pains!
- Ryan, California

2020-03-31 2016 Heartland North Trail 23RBS View Listings

Absolutely AMAZING! We researched RVs for 4 years prior to going full time. We wanted a well-built RV we could easily tow (and still have our tow vehicle to do sightseeing thus a motor home was a no go) that was high quality and which provided maximum livability. We lived full time in this North Trail and found it is exactly what we needed. The Double slide outs are hard to find and for this model, it makes the living and kitchen area HUGE. This RV is built for northern climates therefore the construction is solid (not like RV's with light" being their peimary benefit. with great insulation - Easy to keep heated and easy to keep cool summertime even if in the direct sunlight. It has plenty of storage as well! My wife was totally surprised at how easy it is to pull - you can forget its behind you when driving. If you can find one its worth a look.
- IslandChap, Virginia

2019-12-16 2020 Heartland North Trail 29BHP View Listings

Bought the North Trail Calibur found the workmanship was shoty to say the least. First we noticed chandelier was falling from the ceiling because it wasn’t put in correctly, part of wall popped out because it’s made out of cardboard, bathroom faucet leaking, sliding door in bedroom broke off metal guide and the pantry door (which we fixed twice) will not close because frame was not installed correctly, not worth 30,000. Very disappointed, by the time we pay it off we will need a different model because I can’t see this one lasting. This was supposed to be our dream trailer. Cathy, Wisconsin
- Cathy Meinshausen , Wisconsin

2019-12-05 2018 Heartland North Trail 22FBS View Listings

This is our second North Trail RV. We plan on living full time in it and it so far has served all our purposes. The bathroom is roomy and has plenty of cupboard space. Counter space is awesome in the kitchen area. Kitchen also has lots of storage with the pantry. The few issues we had we brought right back to our dealer and they were dealt with quickly and professionally. They were super accommodating.
- Cindy , Michigan

2019-11-04 2020 Heartland North Trail 33BKSS View Listings

We bought this trailer brand new 6 months ago. We loved the floor plan and it seemed to be put together well. Upon pickup from dealer air conditioning was short cycling, city water hook up was falling off, front door and screen were jamming up. Window covers put on crooked, ac vents collapsed in roof. Dealer fixed all issues first trip out P trap under shower broke and flooded the trailer. Was fixed and broke again were now on 3rd repair. All the wood trim inside has started to delaminate from the base, has been replaced and the new one has started doing the same thing. Dometic thermostat already broke, our last trip out we had no heat so we froze to death. Bunk house wall started to separate at the door jam. All the rubber around the slides has started to tear. Water heater leaks and black tank has issues. Always reads 2/3 full even when its empty. Has done it since 1st trip. I would recommend anyone else looking at a heartland product to look elsewhere first. Very disappointed in the quality, and the industry answer that this is the way it always is blows my mind. What happened to pride in craftsmanship in this country.
- Rudy Krutka, Nevada

2019-10-27 2020 Heartland North Trail 33BKSS View Listings

Bough 2020 north trail 33bkss don't recommend any one to buy took home dealer got home trim moldings falling of cable slide out lose on and on going back they told me go throu this trailer before go out delivered customer they don't 30 thousand dollars unit very sad guys heartland don't want hear dealer play game scotts recreation Maine told me it's house wheels going have problem but u there kiss feet ones buy sign papers you on own 30k bill your back
- Luis m, Massachusetts

2019-09-21 2018 Heartland North Trail 24BHS View Listings

During my first summer with this RV, it started to fall apart. Wall panels coming off or warping, the metal trim in the lower bunk bed bent, trim in the bathroom and by the kitchen sink cupboards etc... Very frustrating!! A couple weeks into my second summer and suddenly the fridge and all outlets except for 2 stop working. It's currently being fixed, but my 1 year warranty expired and now my 7 year extended warranty may not cover any of the work. What's the point of buying something new if it's just going to fall apart? Poorly made and very disapointing. Made an exciting purchase go downhill fast. Never again will I buy this brand and I'll tell anyone who asks not to bother either.
- Pamela Gagnon, Saskatchewan

2019-09-09 2018 Heartland North Trail 28DBSS View Listings

I have had to other trailers prior to this. I would have to say that the craftsmanship of this particular trailer, I would have to say is piss poor to say the least. I really should have paid much more attention to the craftsmanship before I bought it! Very very disappointing.
- Juan Lete , Idaho

2019-09-02 2019 Heartland North Trail 29BHP View Listings

Bought the trailer new from one of two dealerships in Alberta. After three camping trips, the list of non-working items is long and increasing. Bedroom door fell off hinges, bathroom door won't close, thermostat reluctant to work, entertainment centre won't play through speakers, and movies only in black and white, large gouge in slide out interior roof finish (from factory), various trim pieces and blinds have fallen off or delaminated, factory bike rack and BBQ mount found loose and even when tightened, droop so much that BBQ can't be used without blocks of wood, and the upper shower curtain rod continually falls out so we can't use shower curtain. Our dealer is confident he can resolve all issues, but why are there so many??
- Philip Garlick, Alberta

2019-08-29 2015 Heartland North Trail 32RLTS View Listings

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE PIECE OF GARBAGE. THIS RV HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP MORE THAN ON THE ROAD.THE DEALERSHIP IS PROBABLY MOST OF THE PROBLEM, THREE WEEKS AND STILL NOT EVEN LOOKED AT AGAIN FOR MY SLIDE NOT COMING OUT PROPERLY. NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM OUTBACK RV IN SHERWOOD PARK.
- DON HARKIN, Alberta

2019-08-15 2019 Heartland North Trail 31BHDD View Listings

Brand new 2019 32ft northtrail. RV had a dozen problems from thefactory! Multipleleaks. Slide leaks. Trim falling off walls! Both heaters dont work! Pump works intermitentdly. And heartland RV support keeps flaking on me! (Says they will call back, and doesnt! It's been 3.5 weeks. I've had to deal w Ryan, Robert, Jeff, now waiting on Terry. Each time, they quit responding after a few days of "making progress", and blow me off with "we will call u back"! And then never do!! I'm on the verge of contacting an attorney tbh! Currently waiting on Terry to call me back, but I doubt he will. These ppl are NOT PROFESSIONAL!! Beware! (If they make this situation right, I will change this review! But as of now, avoid these scammers!)
- Ben, California

2019-06-14 2015 Heartland North Trail 31BHDD View Listings

We really enjoy camping and finally found a camper that fits the family and makes us feel like we are at home, even when we are on the road. Having the electric jacks and power awning are a huge bonus.
- Brian, Michigan

2019-05-23 2016 Heartland North Trail 26LRSS View Listings

I really love the layout and comfort of this camper. Everyone that has been in this camper loves it very much. This camper can be pulled by a 1/2 ton truck with no issues..hardly know it is there. we love it. I recommend to everyone.
- don Ska, Wisconsin

2019-04-09 2019 Heartland North Trail 33BUDS View Listings

This model has a bunkhouse room in the back, however the entry door to this room opens inward the issue is that if people are sleeping in the lower bed on the floor you can’t get in or out of this room which is a major design issue especially if someone has small children in there & there is a fire and you can’t get in to rescue the children. When I called heartland they said it was not built wrong and that’s the way it is totally unacceptable. I will not purchase another one of there units again if I want it changed to open outward then I will have to pay to have it changed. I just purchased it two weeks ago & haven’t even camped in it yet.
- Jim Lewis, Missouri

2019-03-20 2018 Heartland North Trail 22FBRB View Listings

Bought 2018 Trailer in Fall of 2017. Took it out home 15 Miles to camp ground 25 Miles for a week had some minor issues took back to the dealer got it fixed but soon had to take it back then home again overall hauled less than 150 Miles. Winterized and stored it. Took it out in the spring for what was supposed to be a week. Set it up and discovered the front located bed was soaked and the front wall warped. There had been a lot of rain. There were also some issues with cabinet hinges not working Took it to the dealer to fix. It was still under warranty. They fixed the hinges but discovered that the seals require inspection and maintenance every 90 days (as stated on page 21-22 Owners Manual. We were not told that by the dealer. It is also unreasonable to expect some one to take it to a dealer every quarter for inspection especially when they could not find the leak we know existed with out an expensive test. I am considering a class action suit against Heartland if there are enough others with the same experience
- Paul Kauffman, Pennsylvania