Heartland Mallard RVs Reviews (37)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland Mallard RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Peter and Karen Razza from Rhode Island says:

Have you owned any Heartland Mallard RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

Recently purchased a 2018 m28. Being fully aware that to build a 30' trailer with a gvw of 6900 lbs it had to be built with light material's. If your expecting a heavy duty bullet proof camper this is not for you. That being said in the light weigh class this trailer is awesome lots of cool details like great lighting big shower lighted storage. Plus it's beautifuly laid out. The center island really makes it work. Tows easy with my v8 f150.
- Peter and Karen Razza, Rhode Island

2019-11-03 2018 Heartland Mallard 335 View Listings

This unit is a piece of crap. I work in a remote mine so I moved the trailer up there to stay in. The living room A/C quit working on it. Luckily I had one installed in the bedroom so I made it through the last of summer. Figured on getting some one to come out and take a look at it while it was cool before summer hits again. Left for the weekend and came back and now the heater quit working. Oh yeah they will repair it, just bring it in,250 miles or so and leave it. Then I don't have any place to stay here at the mine. Plus all of the travel miles. Go buy a good a RV and spend the extra money, not one of these pieces of ***. NEVER BUY ONE OF THESE PIECES OF ***.
- Charles Helm, Arizona

2019-10-10 2018 Heartland Mallard 32 View Listings

Quality product and am only looking to sell solely based on not having time to use the RV due to work and other commitments. Very comfortable, spacious, user friendly. Sleeps 4 adults and 4 children comfortably. Outdoor kitchen is great.
- Ron V, Pennsylvania

2019-09-08 2019 Heartland Mallard 252 View Listings

A really good looking travel trailer that would be perfect if anything worked. Gas on fridge, not working. Gas water heater, not working. Slide totally not level. No heat duct in living area. (Found behind entertainment center in a pile of sawdust. Not hooked to anything. Shower door not chalked so it leaked, had to remove. As I write this I look up and the fridge is off on electric (again). Leaks when it rains. Back door trim doesn’t seal so it also leaks. We live in this full time and we were hoping it would work out for us, it isn’t. Would not recommend this trailer to anyone.
- Donna Rundell, Tennessee

2019-09-04 2018 Heartland Mallard 335 View Listings

When my wife and i purchased this RV we knew by price it would have minor issues with possibly appliances or furniture. We did not however expect this. as of right now our unit came with 3 slide outs. Each slide has a very good seal when closed but the only thing stopping water, insects or animal intrusions is a rubber slide flap at the top and both sides of each slide. Our unit purchased in June of 2018 has already leaked on 1 slide and now the flaps are tearing from the bottom up on all 3 slide outs. Now we are told that the extended warranty sold to us by Camping world does not cover this and the manufacturers warrant expired after 1 year. What a joke. Buyers beware, stay away from Heartland manufactured RV's. They are not well made and do not stand behind what they sell. I was told today it was a service issue. This RV is stored completely out of the weather. The rubber flaps are rotting and tearing after 1 year.
- Bill Page, South Carolina

2019-08-25 2019 Heartland Mallard M26 View Listings

To start when I was looking for a camper I went to Camping World in Golden Colorado. I told the salesman from the start what kind of truck I had and told him the weight capacity my truck could tow which was 8000 pounds. We looked at several campers and I liked the Mallard M33. This camper is one the salesman said I could tow. So I wanted to upgrade a few things like a 2nd ac unit in the back bedroom. I put money down and they said it would be a week before it was ready. A week went by and I returned to pick up my new camper. I was excited because I planned on living in it due to a separation between my husband and I. After I sign paperwork they came to tell me that the camper was at 9600 pounds and I couldn’t tow it safely. I called a friend to come pick it up. Now during this week I was waiting I talked to the salesman at least 4 times over the phone. My friend came got the camper. When he got it to where I was parking it he noticed that every tank was full of water. So the fresh water tank, Grey water, and the black water were all slap full. That was an extra 1,1069 pounds. They had told me they were empty. They also told me the propane tanks were full. They were empty. The vent in the bathroom didn’t work and one of the vents in the bunk room. When I opened the door after just traveling 50 miles the wood on the slide out had fallen off damaging the floor and the island. When I called the next day I was treated so rudely. I have now been in this camper for one month and now the 2nd ac , ice maker that was sitting on the counter by the kitchen window, and plugs where the tv goes all shutoff at once. Breakers are on, fuses are good. It’s a freaking nightmare.
- Lisa Schmidt , Colorado

2019-08-24 2018 Heartland Mallard M32 View Listings

Bought our M32 used at only a year old and so far we love it. Kids love the bunk room and the tiny shower. Lol. They’re just used to a residential shower at home. This is our first TT and had to learn a few lessons the hard way, but overall we’re pretty happy. First thing we did was get rid of the crappy China made tires that seem to be the common theme with everyone who has blowout issues. Got some USA made tires and haven’t had an issue; pulls great with an 02 Ford F-250 7.3L Powerstroke. Also had to change the crappy mattress in the master. My back is still recovering from a couple of nights on that factory mattress. Would be nice too if all connections were on the same side of the coach; fresh fill and black water flush on right, city connect at the rear, and black gray discharge and electrical on left. As aforementioned, we’re overall pretty happy. It looks great, pulls great, and doesn’t leak anywhere. Kids are having a blast and that’s why we bought it.
- Jonathan Fish, Florida

2019-08-22 2018 Heartland Mallard 312 View Listings

I have wanted to replace my last TT for 10 years. I kept my eyes open to used models only. Finally bought a 2018 Mallard. Went to look at it and it was an instant sale. Love the layout. No more rubber neck to see the TV for anyone. Kids love the bunk with great location. Door to the bathroom is a must. Has the grey tone which the wife was on the fence until she saw it in person, loves it. I do not have a dislike after 6 months and 3 lake camping trips (1 week) each. 2004 GMC 2500 tow vehicle, tows better then my 20ft trailer with tractor. Very happy. Paid under 25k, no regrets. Did not know how much I would enjoy the party outdoor kitchen but have used every time. Electric awning w/ multi color leds, level jacks and installed electric tongue jack. Fit and finish is better than some of the 50k models I have seen. There are always going to be lemons and units that have little or big problems in every brand in this price range to be fair. None on this unit. You should take a look. With only one slide, surprisingly roomy with storage everywhere. You can spend a small fortune but I know for what I needed and want with the limited recreational use, it is a great match. Had the grand boys, my daughter and wife at the lake. All were happy, plenty of room, slept great, had a great time. Most all recreation trailers come with horrible beds, this one is no exception. Spend the money and get one of the bed in a box delivered to your door and throw out the original or put the thick pad on top of it. That is a must. Installed a 55" uhd Samsung smart TV in living area. Yes it is huge, everyone says that but all enjoy it when it is pouring rain and we are curled up with popcorn and a movie. Streaming from phone hot spot to Netflix or APrime. I did not mount it, just installed factory stand and take it down and lay on bed for travel. They are not that heavy anymore and I don't worry about the bracket breaking or TV falling. I didn't look close at many TTs because right off the bat, no door to bathroom, TV mounted to side, small or no pantry(this pantry is huge with deep shelves). So I don't know if the waste tank clean out fresh water connection is standard now days, but it is also a needed feature which this one has. At first I thought the standard 20lb propane tanks up front were a let down from the 30lb I was used to but then realized the convenience of stopping by the local store to exchange instead of worrying if the propane dealer or station was open. Many small and large stores have exchange cage. I carry a 20lb for the fish cooker anyway so I have 3. Long winded but if you can't tell, I love my Mallard. 3rd TT since first brand new 2000 model Layton 30'. Happy camping and enjoying quality family time.
- James Wyatt, Arkansas

2019-08-07 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

Heartland mallard m28. Love the camper. Would be better if ac was bigger. Towe well behind my 2010 Chevrolet avalanche. Can no say anything about warranty. Because if you bay it used heartland blows you off.
- Neil wood, Mississippi

2019-07-13 2018 Heartland Mallard 335 View Listings

My wife and I purchased this Camper solely on the floor plan and price. What w big mistake. First off it was listed at a little over 46,000.00 on sale for a little under 30,000.00. That should have been a big warning sign. On our first trip, exhaust fan over stove quit working. Since I have over 40 years of Industrial maintenance experience. I repaired that on the road. next couple of trips went ok until we tried to use the Fireplace, it went out, I replaced it with a better unit.We used the camper 3 times in 2018, the we Winterized it. First trip in 2019. AC in main area quit working. Replaced under warranty. Second trip this year no real problem other than it takes both AC units on full power to cool camper when temps are in the 90's. We just went on the 3rd trip this year and all wqas going ok until the rains came, pretty strong winds blowing rains. 3 windows leaked. Got up this morning water in floor Slide 1 had bad leak , carpet wet fake wood trim has blisters and peeling off. Thank goodness we bought extended warranty plan. Manufacturers warranty 1 year only. I checked it out when we got it home , all 3 slides have same problem. Very bad design, they all have potential to leak in blowing rain storm. IN my opinion only way to avoid this is to pay close to 4,000.00 for slide toppers. Warning Buyers beware. Stay as far away from Heartland Mallard campers as possible. They are built cheap and have the very cheapest accessories.
- WILLIAM PAGE, South Carolina

2019-07-07 2017 Heartland Mallard M33 View Listings

Don’t buy this crap! Fridge,AC,Heater don’t work. Falls apart just pulling down the driveway. If you are thinking of buying one, ask someone to hit you in the face with a shovel! You’d be better off. Oh and Camping World, yeah stay away from there. Better yet just go to Walmart and buy a tent!
- Mike , Idaho

2019-06-11 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

This RV is a piece of junk, just turned a year old and have had nothing but problems! Heartland is a horrible company to work with, as well as Camping World. I knew I should have gone with an established company! Be warned this RV is not worth a red cent.
- Vicki graziano, Alabama

2019-06-08 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

My partner and I have owned 10 campers. This is the biggest piece of crap ever made by a camper company. The dealership asked them to send a new rv but no they want to do the over twenty repairs including and upside down slide and he’s in floor. Yes it’s new and no we can’t use it. It’s sitting at the service department. If you’ve thought of buying Mallard, run like hell!!!
- Pam Smitherman, Alabama

2019-05-02 2019 Heartland Mallard M26 View Listings

We like everything about this travel trailer. As our first travel trailer, we wanted to see if we'd like being on the road... the only reason we are selling it now is because we want a bigger 5th wheel trailer for more adventures!
- Alan Blair, Georgia

2019-03-23 2018 Heartland Mallard 27 View Listings

I got my mallard 27 in September 2018 brand new took it out 2 weeks later the shock on one of the overhead storage was broken. the storage up front had a leak and the slide out seal when you took in the slide out in had a puddle of water by the bathroom.Took to camping world in December they took over a month to get it fixed. In the middle of March took the trailer out for my 2nd trip for two days found a leak in the bedroom window that went down the wall and into the floor. The water pump ran all the time and did not have much pressure for a shower. We bought the trailer brand new because we wanted to not worry about anything. but now it is back at camping world to get fixed again and who knows when I will get it back and what will happen next time I go out.We are not very happy with are travel trailer so far and should have bought a used one and saved thousands. I hope heartland QC is reading this and might do something about it for the next buyer.
- Rick, Oregon

2019-02-16 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

We purchased a new Mallard M33 in October 2017 from [Dealer] in New Braunfels, TX. Our first shake out trip the refrigerator worked on propane but not electric. [Dealer] fixed the problem. Within the first 6 months we noticed water dripping from an overhead cabinet on the kitchen slideout which warped the counter below. [Dealer] said it was from the window which Heartland stated was not a warranty issue. 6 months lateranother storm and we witnessed water pouring in from the top of the slideout. This time [Dealer] found the problem was a defective seal but still Heartland refused to cover the repair. We paid for an extended warrantywhich refused to cover the defect, and [Dealer] wanted $600 to do the diagnosis. I would never buy another Heartland RV nor would I purchase from [Dealer] again. We are still trying to repair the interior damage.
- Kathleen Carter, Texas

2019-01-29 2019 Heartland Mallard 335 View Listings

Not a very well made unit. A lot of noticeable defects, shoddy workmanship. In the specifications it says queen bed, I went and bought sheets and a topper and find out it is a king. The sinks are not dual sinks as shown in the diagram. Mine had 2 different types or styles of wheels on it. Started hanging clothes in the closet and the closet rail broke and fell off, had 6 shirts and 3 pairs of jeans on it. It is not wired for cable or satellite tv. The molding in the living room is cracked, looks like hell. See a screw sticking through the ceiling. And I have had it for 3 days. Another thing is I picked it up at camping world, should of been ready to go right? No they then tell me that I will need to bring it back to get the coating put on to preserve the paint on the exterior. They said I could take it to any dealer, now I'm having problems getting that done and it looks like I'm going to have to take it back to camping world in avondale. This is a 2019 M335. Should of had the coating applied before it was ever connected to my pickup. 2 things, stay away from heartland products and camping world. Just saying
- Charles Helm, Arizona

Verified Owner

2018-10-06 2018 Heartland Mallard 26 View Listings

We own it June or July until October . it have some problems with it camping world had it more than us. If you want to go camping do not buy a mallard . it is sad to buy something and can not use it. Keep calling about it say waiting on warranty say ok or waiting on part very sad about our purchase
- Mike Medlin, North Carolina

2018-08-20 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

The camper has been great until you turn the tv around to the bedroom to use it. The doors to bedroom have to be shut to see tv and there are no speakers in the bedroom so you cant hear the movie and you cant use the speaker on the tv because dvd player is direct wired to the camper speakers. So the turntable tv for living space and bedroom is useless in the bedroom portion. Huge mistake on the layout on this camper. Neat feature if it actually worked.
- Shirlee Smith, Tennessee

2018-08-05 2018 Heartland Mallard 25 View Listings

Bought m25 from cw ashville.had a Jayco and should bought another jayco.workmanship is crap.shower enclosure not attached or chaulked. 2 weeks already replaced faucet in bathroom shower head.everything is so cheap.replacing tires with goodyears.that come on jayco.so disappointed.should have done my homework.
- Tim, North Carolina

2018-07-13 2018 Heartland Mallard 26 View Listings

We shopped for a long time & kept coming back to this 2018 Mallard M26, bought it late Nov "17" I fell from a ladder 1 day before delivery & shattered my heel bone, which ruined our plans to spend all winter camping. So we took our 1st long trip in June and found out that in summer heat the AC is not able to cool this unit. We also have a wall between stove & fridge that is bowing out. The overall quality of most of the interior is not well made or put together well. Have already had it in to CW for repairs & looks as though we'll have to put it back in for other issues.
- Mark Limmer, Florida

2018-06-11 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

Warranty is not good doesn't cover what you are told when you buy the rv corporate is no help just know that if you buy one of these rv you are on your own in regards to anything that goes wrong thank you
- William Rose, Florida

2018-05-19 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

We have owned 2 other travel trailers. The Mallarad floor plan sold us. This is the most leaking camper I have ever owned. First the out door kitchen, when it rained next the vent hood above the stove, again when it rains. I personal had to make the repairs due to being on a trip. Today 5-19-18 this evening we had rain and now the window in the slide opposite the door has water running down the wall from under the interior trim. Dealer will make the repair if you are willing to forget camping for the summer. Dealer needs to cut ties with Hartland A Very Cheaply constructed camper. Wished we still had our Zinger RL27 never had a leak.
- Johnny Johnson, Georgia

2018-05-12 2017 Heartland Mallard M325 View Listings

Have enjoyed owning this camper but had some issues that needed warranty repair. Of course heartland said they would take care of it and just have a repair tech call them with an estimate That’s when they decided that they would not cover the cost of the repair since we needed mobile service We live in our camper and have no place to stay if we take it to a shop which would keep it for weeks on end Some one of this caliber couldn’t fork out an extra fifty bucks to take care of a warranty issue this is my first heartland and my last heartland
- Mark pitts, Florida

2018-01-16 2017 Heartland Mallard M32 View Listings

I am a full timer. In 2017 I traded my other camper in for this mallard JUNK. I'm gonna keep this short but not sweet. 1. AC did not work in Alabama heat. Added a small windo unit and got some relief. 2. Worst insulation ever. Cannot keep this thing warm. 2 bottles of propane every couple of days. That's with eletric heater running wide open. 3. As soon as 1 year warranty was up, TO THE MONTH, the water pump for tank water quit working, the wires burned up on hot water heater, and pipes under sink stopped working. I am so angry and dealer in BIRMINGHAM HAS BEEN NO HELP. I will be glad to get out of this 20,000.00 junk and into another! Uggggg ALSO the quality and workmanshup is junk, cabinet doors ect...all cap and falling apart. DO NOT BUY A MALLARD
- Trey, Alabama