Heartland Mallard

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland Mallard RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Peter and Karen Razza from Rhode Island says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

Recently purchased a 2018 m28. Being fully aware that to build a 30' trailer with a gvw of 6900 lbs it had to be built with light material's. If your expecting a heavy duty bullet proof camper this is not for you. That being said in the light weigh class this trailer is awesome lots of cool details like great lighting big shower lighted storage. Plus it's beautifuly laid out. The center island really makes it work. Tows easy with my v8 f150.
- Peter and Karen Razza, Rhode Island

2021-07-27 2020 Heartland Mallard M27 View Listings

We have only made 1 payment on out camper. Went camping in it one time air conditioning was leaking when rained. Now we are at the beach in it had someone from camping world to come out and fix the air. We have 2 water leaks in the kitchen sink. The over all camper is a piece of crap. Cheaply made stuff is coming off inside. I wish we would of never got this camper.
- Natasha Mckenzie, North Carolina

2021-06-12 2020 Heartland Mallard M27 View Listings

my first big investment, we paid cash for a 2020 heartland mallard m27, with base cost of $26,000. we got this RV at camping world in Center Conway New Hampshire, the sale transaction was terrible, The staff needs training, overall my purchase was delightful, there was a couple of issues with the condition of my new toy but I dealt with it. We hit the road as new Rv people, yes we made those simple errors of setting up, planning ahead, etc. but we had a super great experience with our new toy, This mallard m27 is super great, 2-inch walls, fiberglass build, mother nature can not hurt this structure, well tornadoes and sort can, I have done a lot of research on Rv's and for a low entry into travel trailers, this thing is the bomb.
- brion howard, New Hampshire

2021-04-29 2019 Heartland Mallard 252 View Listings

So we have written another review about this Travel Trailer and it wasn’t a good review. We bought it new in 2019 and not much at all was right about it. The refrigerator didn’t cool, the hot water heater would not work on gas, it had no heat duct in the living area, no caulk under the shower stall door so it leaked all over the place, the slide doesn’t sit near level, the pee trap under shower wasn’t connected so it leaked, the bathroom sink water connections leaked, and now we decided to use the fresh water tank and found it was leaking all over the place under the kitchen sink area. At some point the fan in the bathroom has quit working and also the fan in the kitchen vent. Yes we checked the fuses. So if this review doesn’t discourage you from buying a Heartland Mallard I just don’t know what to say.
- Donna Rundell, Tennessee

2021-04-18 2017 Heartland Mallard M25 View Listings

Not a bad first camper. Wife and I saw this m25 at an RV show in January ‘19 and loved the floor plan since we were looking for one with a rear kitchen. Bought it fo $10k under MSRP which we thought it was a good deal. Overall it’s a good starter camper. My only problem is the quality of it. First, the bedroom screen door was not screwed in properly to the point the latch won’t catch and stay closed, second the trim starting coming off in the bathroom, 3rd the cabinet door above the sink fell off while on our way to a campsite, 4th the LEDs on the awning stopped working properly unless it is on blue, 5th the outside seals warranty is a joke (90 days), 6th the trim on top of the camper was the worst of it all. Either there were two people doing it or one person doing it and felt only half the metal needed screws. My wife noticed the trim and caulk was starting to peel so we got up there in the Florida sun and removed it. Well as we did that we uncovered that starting from right to left all the holes had metal screws. But halfway through it, every other hole was drilled and screwed. Where was the quality control?? Good thing we caught it in time before hurricane season. I like the camper, but feel there could’ve been some areas to improve upon.
- Dan C, Florida

2021-02-23 2021 Heartland Mallard M335 View Listings

This is actually an M27 model. I would love to be writing a really positive review on this camper but I just can't find enough positive things to say, so I will tell it like it is: We have owned this RV for about 6 months now. The floorplan is not bad for the main living area except that the nice swivel rockers are really far away from where you can mount the 19" TV that they are hardly used and the couch does not even face the tv area. There is virtually no counter space in which to prepare a meal and it gets frustrating at times. The cabinets on the rear wall open up and have no supports so you need 3 hands to get anything out or put it in. The heating ducts are in really strange places, the main living area blows right by the back door and does not do very much to heat the largest area of the camper, the one in the bedroom really does not seem to do much at all, and the one in the bathroom will bake your buns if you are sitting on the toilet. The king size bed was a selling feature for us but it turns out that it is horrible to change bed linens, it is also very difficult to get in and out of bed as you are sleeping under the overhead cabinets. As for quality, there really is none that we have found so far. The back door is very difficult to shut and you have to slam it to get it to latch and now the screws are falling out. The water lines for the sink leak and you have to do contortions to get under there to tighten them and then they still leak. The toilet leaks where the supply line connects to the toilet and now has fallen out, nearly flooding the camper before I could get outside to turn off the water. There is a drip where the awning meets the camper and it is dead center in the middle of the door so you always get dripped on going in our out on rainy days. The trim around the doors is coming off the walls. The small curtain above the window in the bedroom constantly falls off if you brush into it ever so slightly. This camper sweats profusely on cold nights and we have mold growing in corners in the bedroom and under one of the dining table cushions. The bathroom faucet is very cheap and made of plastic and makes a squealing/squeaking sound when you turn on the water (but the kitchen faucet is pretty nice). The writing on the knobs on the stove have completely worn off so you really have no idea what temperature you are setting the oven to, and even if you have it set correctly you end up with things burning in the center and not fully cooked on the edges. The hot water heater is way too small unless you can manage to take a 3 minute shower, but it does produce some scalding hot water. Did I mention that this camper is only 6 months old? OK customer service? We have emailed Heartland to let them know of our issues and we have gotten ZERO response from them which is pretty disappointing to say the least. One would think that if you spent $28,000 on a travel trailer you would be getting a quality product that would last you for several years at least. Nope not this one, we will be lucky if it makes it to it's 1 year anniversary. I would not recommend this brand of RV to anyone as the quality is severely lacking and apparently customer commitment is non existent. As I said I would have loved to write a positive review but just could not find enough good things to say.
- Bob Waas, Tennessee

2021-02-19 2018 Heartland Mallard 26 View Listings

Awesome travel trailer, well built and easy to set up! 2 slides give it tons of room inside and the bunk room makes it easy with the kids. the outdoor kitchen also works very well. recommend this to anyone!
- eric, Missouri

2021-01-30 2019 Heartland Mallard M26 View Listings

Don’t buy heartland. Total junk. Cheap material, horrible workmanship. Oven needed thermocouple/pilot tube replaced immediately. Furnace stopped working, replaced igniter/circuit board. Front door latch installed incorrectly. Cupboards had to be rebuilt to close correctly. I could go on but you’ve been warned
- Randy otos, Oregon

2020-11-10 2016 Heartland Mallard M28 View Listings

This was our first travel trailer purchase. I would not recommend buying a Mallard. in year 1 we had delamination of both exterior sides and it took nearly 9 months to get approval and have them replaced. Once they were replaced we spent more time in the shop trying to determine the location of the water infiltration that was now happening. A year later, the replacement sides delaminated once again (even worse the 2nd time) but Heartland refused to cover because we were now past the original warranty. Floorplan is probably best part about this unit. It is roomy enough for a a couple without kids. It would get crowded with any additonal people. We actaully use an air matress rather than the pull out couch for guests. the pull out is not comfortable at all. Pros: large outdoor kitchen, plenty of storage, motorized stabilizers Cons: Poorly manufactured, the fenders over the wheels are connected with sheet metal screws, while this seems to make sense, those screws will all back out. replace them with a nut/bolt/lock washer, the cheap staples used to attach everything are no match for the warping of the cheap wood used on the inside.
- Dave, Wisconsin

2020-10-20 2018 Heartland Mallard M32 View Listings

Great separation of living spaces, outside utilization and access while on the go.having access to the bathroom directly from outside while camping or in transit is awesome. Even with sliders in you can still pull over and stop for a lunch fix and break with amenities. Perfect for a family experience.
- tacy, California

2020-09-12 2018 Heartland Mallard 26 View Listings

I love this rv my love for adventure. Very reliable. Perfect for family and friends. Perfect space bathtub available outside shower great outdoor kitchen so nice can be used for storage too. Back up camera nice to have.
- Naomi, Colorado

2020-08-14 2020 Heartland Mallard M33 View Listings

Stereo sound is cheap. Not much Inside Storage in living are...should have small cabinets above both sitting areas. We purchased an extra AC. The standard AC has no side vent air points at floor terrible design. No plug in the stove area. Cooking pan storage is a drop front hinge door No drawers you have to lay pans on the carpet inside. No plugs in the bedroom. Positive lots of window and lights. By a Keystone Sprinter better quality for the money.
- tkamke, Texas

2020-07-30 2021 Heartland Mallard M335 View Listings

I purchased a brand new 2021 Heartland Mallard and it is a POS $38,000 worth of sh—. Buyer beware do not by a Heartland. The slide outs leak, the closet is falling apart, the dresser is made out of poor material in fact everything about is poor. Don’t let the floor plan looks get you, because it’s not what you think. Horrible experience ever in my entire 54 yr life. Why is this even legal such a ripoff.
- Verlisa Johnson, Texas

2020-07-28 2019 Heartland Mallard M32 View Listings

Every time we use our trailer it goes back to the shop. Water leaks, build quality not very good,led lights didn't work in awning curtains falling off cupboards not closing. Not happy at all with the quality of workmanship
- David sinde, Oregon

2020-07-25 2019 Heartland Mallard 335M View Listings

We purchased the Hertland Mallard 335M in 2019. We were looking for a large trailer and were leaning towards a 39' Laredo but there were none to be found so we started looking at tailers with a comparable floor plan and found the Mallard in Vacaville Ca. When we got to the dealer the mallard had already been sold. So we ordered one, we were told it weighed 8500lbs and would be in in two weeks. We arrived to pick up the Trailer and learned it really weighed over 10,000lbs. It did look nice so we took it anyway, knowing we would have to buy a new truck to pull it anywhere further than our home. This is where things started going downhill. We had a two-hour ride home and on the way all of the wood trim around the bedroom and the living room pop outs had fallen off and was damaged laying on the floor. The shower doors fell of and were laying against the back wall of the shower when we got home. I just did the repairs myself because we already had our trip planned and we would have never gotten a trailer back from the dealer in time. On our trip things got worse. The closet pole was the first to go, then the byfold door to the washing machine in the bedroom fell off. We discovered the sliding door to the bathroom was not installed to provide any privacy. We finally arrived at our destination only to find the spare tire holding on by a thread, the cable was not attached in the wall, the front stabilizer jacks didn't work, the bathroom doorhandle broke off, the entry door and screen door bottom hinge was broken. I was able to repair everything other than the door hinge and it's still broken. After a few days I went to empty the black and brown tanks only to find the labeling was reversed, which probably isn't a big deal but it is bothersome. We were out on the road for 1 month and on the way home the septic tank started leaking. There are many more things I could complain about but what gets me more than anything is that we paid over $40,000 for this POS and they didd'nt even include a cover for our under sized propane tanks. I better quit whining and get started on the next round of repairs on my poorly constructed $40,000 trailer so we can go on another. Needless to say I wish we would have been able to find a Laredo. Oh yeah the furniture is not residential quality, the double recliner is activated by pulling a handle connected to a small wire to lift the leg rest and of course they broke. We thought our son would be able to stay over while he was on leave from the USMC but the double sofa sleeper is not usable. So we arw replacing it with residential quality furniture including the table and chairs. Heartland needs to get a quality control supervised and teach their employees how to do their jobs.
- Ian Cherrington, California

2020-07-23 2016 Heartland Mallard M32 View Listings

My wife liked the floor plan of this unit I wanted to buy a Passport. We bought this Mallard new 2016 and have had nothing but problems with it first trip outdoor kitchen hatch leaked water around seals took three 60 mile trips to camping world to get that fixed next trip stabalizer jacks stopped working electrical problem LED lights on front quit electrical ( Recall for fire hazard no notification)monitoring panel stopped working wire pulled out of loose wire nut furnace quit while on deer hunting trip igniter took 3 months to get it replaced under warranty for all of these. Out of warranty front bedroom lights quit working (wire nut loose wire pulled out) lights in kitchen quit (Wire nut issue wire pulled out) Slide out in the Bunk house quit working no power to switch found loose wire nut which did not correct problem called Heartland for guidance service dpatment told me if it was not a fuse they didn't know but may be bad motor which I bought which didn't correct problem. Toilet leaked bad preassure valve Water pump quit working replaced pump. Heartland kept telling me to take camper into dealer out of warranty at $145.00 per hour and a 120 mile round trip and loss of use for weeks at a time which being a campground manager I could not do. All of these issues were or are caused by piss poor quality If I knew then what know now I would have went with the Passport. Will never buy a Heartland product again.
- Arthur Cour, Michigan

2020-07-09 2019 Heartland Mallard M27 View Listings

We absolutely love this camper, best built in this price range. Easy towing and best floorplan that suited us. No complaints whatsoever and we've owned for 1.5 years. I highly recommend this travel trailer. Once you compare to others in this price range you will be sold.
- Robert Anger , Florida

2020-06-07 2020 Heartland Mallard M335 View Listings

This review is on the very narrow stairs that come with the M335 trailer. I have already fallen and dam near broke bones. Now i have been mostly happy with my Trailer. There has been a few things that have come up that i don't like like the outside shower line not long enough and the plumbing underneath the sink was loose. Also not liking the tank monitor that was installed. I have 40 gallon holding tanks for both the Black and gray water and the monitor goes from 20 gallons to full. Should at least be a 30 Gallon light on it. Also the bathroom fan only works with the light on. That to me wastes electrical. I have only had the Trailer a couple of weeks so i will be back with more. Also didn't get a manual for the Trailer itself and if you go to Heartland their online version is for 2019. Also could not get customer service but that might be because of covid 19. My main concern at this time is these steps that actually say paent pending. They are not wide enough. They are not safe. Heartland should replace them.
- Robert , Colorado

2020-05-03 2019 Heartland Mallard M185 View Listings

Bought a brand new 2019 Mallard 185. Leaked due to poor manufacture defect 4 months after we bought it. They would not pay for repairs. Horrible company they don't stand behind their product. DO NOT BUY ! I will never but another one if their trailers.
- sheri_main, California

2020-03-06 2019 Heartland Mallard 335M View Listings

We love the floor plan but we have had a leak that can’t be found. The Camping World in COLUMBIA SC said it because we didn’t caulk it every time we moved it It has been moved from Fayetteville NC to COLUMBIA SC. And it’s only 10 months old and the Heartland Co want us to pay them to redo the caulk on the entire roof. The dealership won’t call back after they told us the bathroom vanity needs to be replaced and it was fine when we left it there. Camping World and Heartland are both unreliable. We have a KZ Sportsman 2015 and have had no problems, even when we were in Wyoming with a couple feet of snow on it. We are very unhappy with the quality of the workmanship of Heartland and the customer service of Camping World.
- Patty lance, North Carolina

2020-02-16 2020 Heartland Mallard M33 View Listings

Bought this brand new camper took us a month to get it home from dealer because of all the problems it had just being shipped to them sat in my driveway one day and brought it back do to finding more things wrong this camper is trash and built cheap I had a cheaper camper that was built better than these stay away from this brand very disappointed for a 30 + thousand dollar camper
- Joe , New York

2019-12-23 2017 Heartland Mallard M33 View Listings

Buy with caution had the camper 2 years it's already starting to delaminate company will not stand behind their product highly not recommend. I've had it in for service several times cable don't work piping leaked screw heads are broke off decals come off definitely definitely definitely would not recommend this company if you want a quality camper
- Doug weeks, Ohio

2019-11-03 2018 Heartland Mallard 335 View Listings

This unit is a piece of crap. I work in a remote mine so I moved the trailer up there to stay in. The living room A/C quit working on it. Luckily I had one installed in the bedroom so I made it through the last of summer. Figured on getting some one to come out and take a look at it while it was cool before summer hits again. Left for the weekend and came back and now the heater quit working. Oh yeah they will repair it, just bring it in,250 miles or so and leave it. Then I don't have any place to stay here at the mine. Plus all of the travel miles. Go buy a good a RV and spend the extra money, not one of these pieces of ***. NEVER BUY ONE OF THESE PIECES OF ***.
- Charles Helm, Arizona

2019-10-10 2018 Heartland Mallard 32 View Listings

Quality product and am only looking to sell solely based on not having time to use the RV due to work and other commitments. Very comfortable, spacious, user friendly. Sleeps 4 adults and 4 children comfortably. Outdoor kitchen is great.
- Ron V, Pennsylvania

2019-09-08 2019 Heartland Mallard 252 View Listings

A really good looking travel trailer that would be perfect if anything worked. Gas on fridge, not working. Gas water heater, not working. Slide totally not level. No heat duct in living area. (Found behind entertainment center in a pile of sawdust. Not hooked to anything. Shower door not chalked so it leaked, had to remove. As I write this I look up and the fridge is off on electric (again). Leaks when it rains. Back door trim doesn’t seal so it also leaks. We live in this full time and we were hoping it would work out for us, it isn’t. Would not recommend this trailer to anyone.
- Donna Rundell, Tennessee