Heartland Mallard Reviews on RV Insider (51)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland Mallard RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Peter and Karen Razza from Rhode Island says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

Recently purchased a 2018 m28. Being fully aware that to build a 30' trailer with a gvw of 6900 lbs it had to be built with light material's. If your expecting a heavy duty bullet proof camper this is not for you. That being said in the light weigh class this trailer is awesome lots of cool details like great lighting big shower lighted storage. Plus it's beautifuly laid out. The center island really makes it work. Tows easy with my v8 f150.
- Peter and Karen Razza, Rhode Island

2020-11-10 2016 Heartland Mallard M28 View Listings

This was our first travel trailer purchase. I would not recommend buying a Mallard. in year 1 we had delamination of both exterior sides and it took nearly 9 months to get approval and have them replaced. Once they were replaced we spent more time in the shop trying to determine the location of the water infiltration that was now happening. A year later, the replacement sides delaminated once again (even worse the 2nd time) but Heartland refused to cover because we were now past the original warranty. Floorplan is probably best part about this unit. It is roomy enough for a a couple without kids. It would get crowded with any additonal people. We actaully use an air matress rather than the pull out couch for guests. the pull out is not comfortable at all. Pros: large outdoor kitchen, plenty of storage, motorized stabilizers Cons: Poorly manufactured, the fenders over the wheels are connected with sheet metal screws, while this seems to make sense, those screws will all back out. replace them with a nut/bolt/lock washer, the cheap staples used to attach everything are no match for the warping of the cheap wood used on the inside.
- Dave, Wisconsin

2020-10-20 2018 Heartland Mallard M32 View Listings

Great separation of living spaces, outside utilization and access while on the go.having access to the bathroom directly from outside while camping or in transit is awesome. Even with sliders in you can still pull over and stop for a lunch fix and break with amenities. Perfect for a family experience.
- tacy, California

2020-09-12 2018 Heartland Mallard 26 View Listings

I love this rv my love for adventure. Very reliable. Perfect for family and friends. Perfect space bathtub available outside shower great outdoor kitchen so nice can be used for storage too. Back up camera nice to have.
- Naomi, Colorado

2020-08-14 2020 Heartland Mallard M33 View Listings

Stereo sound is cheap. Not much Inside Storage in living are...should have small cabinets above both sitting areas. We purchased an extra AC. The standard AC has no side vent air points at floor terrible design. No plug in the stove area. Cooking pan storage is a drop front hinge door No drawers you have to lay pans on the carpet inside. No plugs in the bedroom. Positive lots of window and lights. By a Keystone Sprinter better quality for the money.
- tkamke, Texas

2020-07-30 2021 Heartland Mallard M335 View Listings

I purchased a brand new 2021 Heartland Mallard and it is a POS $38,000 worth of sh—. Buyer beware do not by a Heartland. The slide outs leak, the closet is falling apart, the dresser is made out of poor material in fact everything about is poor. Don’t let the floor plan looks get you, because it’s not what you think. Horrible experience ever in my entire 54 yr life. Why is this even legal such a ripoff.
- Verlisa Johnson, Texas

2020-07-28 2019 Heartland Mallard M32 View Listings

Every time we use our trailer it goes back to the shop. Water leaks, build quality not very good,led lights didn't work in awning curtains falling off cupboards not closing. Not happy at all with the quality of workmanship
- David sinde, Oregon

2020-07-25 2019 Heartland Mallard 335M View Listings

We purchased the Hertland Mallard 335M in 2019. We were looking for a large trailer and were leaning towards a 39' Laredo but there were none to be found so we started looking at tailers with a comparable floor plan and found the Mallard in Vacaville Ca. When we got to the dealer the mallard had already been sold. So we ordered one, we were told it weighed 8500lbs and would be in in two weeks. We arrived to pick up the Trailer and learned it really weighed over 10,000lbs. It did look nice so we took it anyway, knowing we would have to buy a new truck to pull it anywhere further than our home. This is where things started going downhill. We had a two-hour ride home and on the way all of the wood trim around the bedroom and the living room pop outs had fallen off and was damaged laying on the floor. The shower doors fell of and were laying against the back wall of the shower when we got home. I just did the repairs myself because we already had our trip planned and we would have never gotten a trailer back from the dealer in time. On our trip things got worse. The closet pole was the first to go, then the byfold door to the washing machine in the bedroom fell off. We discovered the sliding door to the bathroom was not installed to provide any privacy. We finally arrived at our destination only to find the spare tire holding on by a thread, the cable was not attached in the wall, the front stabilizer jacks didn't work, the bathroom doorhandle broke off, the entry door and screen door bottom hinge was broken. I was able to repair everything other than the door hinge and it's still broken. After a few days I went to empty the black and brown tanks only to find the labeling was reversed, which probably isn't a big deal but it is bothersome. We were out on the road for 1 month and on the way home the septic tank started leaking. There are many more things I could complain about but what gets me more than anything is that we paid over $40,000 for this POS and they didd'nt even include a cover for our under sized propane tanks. I better quit whining and get started on the next round of repairs on my poorly constructed $40,000 trailer so we can go on another. Needless to say I wish we would have been able to find a Laredo. Oh yeah the furniture is not residential quality, the double recliner is activated by pulling a handle connected to a small wire to lift the leg rest and of course they broke. We thought our son would be able to stay over while he was on leave from the USMC but the double sofa sleeper is not usable. So we arw replacing it with residential quality furniture including the table and chairs. Heartland needs to get a quality control supervised and teach their employees how to do their jobs.
- Ian Cherrington, California

2020-07-23 2016 Heartland Mallard M32 View Listings

My wife liked the floor plan of this unit I wanted to buy a Passport. We bought this Mallard new 2016 and have had nothing but problems with it first trip outdoor kitchen hatch leaked water around seals took three 60 mile trips to camping world to get that fixed next trip stabalizer jacks stopped working electrical problem LED lights on front quit electrical ( Recall for fire hazard no notification)monitoring panel stopped working wire pulled out of loose wire nut furnace quit while on deer hunting trip igniter took 3 months to get it replaced under warranty for all of these. Out of warranty front bedroom lights quit working (wire nut loose wire pulled out) lights in kitchen quit (Wire nut issue wire pulled out) Slide out in the Bunk house quit working no power to switch found loose wire nut which did not correct problem called Heartland for guidance service dpatment told me if it was not a fuse they didn't know but may be bad motor which I bought which didn't correct problem. Toilet leaked bad preassure valve Water pump quit working replaced pump. Heartland kept telling me to take camper into dealer out of warranty at $145.00 per hour and a 120 mile round trip and loss of use for weeks at a time which being a campground manager I could not do. All of these issues were or are caused by piss poor quality If I knew then what know now I would have went with the Passport. Will never buy a Heartland product again.
- Arthur Cour, Michigan

2020-07-09 2019 Heartland Mallard M27 View Listings

We absolutely love this camper, best built in this price range. Easy towing and best floorplan that suited us. No complaints whatsoever and we've owned for 1.5 years. I highly recommend this travel trailer. Once you compare to others in this price range you will be sold.
- Robert Anger , Florida

2020-06-07 2020 Heartland Mallard M335 View Listings

This review is on the very narrow stairs that come with the M335 trailer. I have already fallen and dam near broke bones. Now i have been mostly happy with my Trailer. There has been a few things that have come up that i don't like like the outside shower line not long enough and the plumbing underneath the sink was loose. Also not liking the tank monitor that was installed. I have 40 gallon holding tanks for both the Black and gray water and the monitor goes from 20 gallons to full. Should at least be a 30 Gallon light on it. Also the bathroom fan only works with the light on. That to me wastes electrical. I have only had the Trailer a couple of weeks so i will be back with more. Also didn't get a manual for the Trailer itself and if you go to Heartland their online version is for 2019. Also could not get customer service but that might be because of covid 19. My main concern at this time is these steps that actually say paent pending. They are not wide enough. They are not safe. Heartland should replace them.
- Robert , Colorado

2020-05-03 2019 Heartland Mallard M185 View Listings

Bought a brand new 2019 Mallard 185. Leaked due to poor manufacture defect 4 months after we bought it. They would not pay for repairs. Horrible company they don't stand behind their product. DO NOT BUY ! I will never but another one if their trailers.
- sheri_main, California

2020-03-06 2019 Heartland Mallard 335M View Listings

We love the floor plan but we have had a leak that can’t be found. The Camping World in COLUMBIA SC said it because we didn’t caulk it every time we moved it It has been moved from Fayetteville NC to COLUMBIA SC. And it’s only 10 months old and the Heartland Co want us to pay them to redo the caulk on the entire roof. The dealership won’t call back after they told us the bathroom vanity needs to be replaced and it was fine when we left it there. Camping World and Heartland are both unreliable. We have a KZ Sportsman 2015 and have had no problems, even when we were in Wyoming with a couple feet of snow on it. We are very unhappy with the quality of the workmanship of Heartland and the customer service of Camping World.
- Patty lance, North Carolina

2020-02-16 2020 Heartland Mallard M33 View Listings

Bought this brand new camper took us a month to get it home from dealer because of all the problems it had just being shipped to them sat in my driveway one day and brought it back do to finding more things wrong this camper is trash and built cheap I had a cheaper camper that was built better than these stay away from this brand very disappointed for a 30 + thousand dollar camper
- Joe , New York

2019-12-23 2017 Heartland Mallard M33 View Listings

Buy with caution had the camper 2 years it's already starting to delaminate company will not stand behind their product highly not recommend. I've had it in for service several times cable don't work piping leaked screw heads are broke off decals come off definitely definitely definitely would not recommend this company if you want a quality camper
- Doug weeks, Ohio

2019-11-03 2018 Heartland Mallard 335 View Listings

This unit is a piece of crap. I work in a remote mine so I moved the trailer up there to stay in. The living room A/C quit working on it. Luckily I had one installed in the bedroom so I made it through the last of summer. Figured on getting some one to come out and take a look at it while it was cool before summer hits again. Left for the weekend and came back and now the heater quit working. Oh yeah they will repair it, just bring it in,250 miles or so and leave it. Then I don't have any place to stay here at the mine. Plus all of the travel miles. Go buy a good a RV and spend the extra money, not one of these pieces of ***. NEVER BUY ONE OF THESE PIECES OF ***.
- Charles Helm, Arizona

2019-10-10 2018 Heartland Mallard 32 View Listings

Quality product and am only looking to sell solely based on not having time to use the RV due to work and other commitments. Very comfortable, spacious, user friendly. Sleeps 4 adults and 4 children comfortably. Outdoor kitchen is great.
- Ron V, Pennsylvania

2019-09-08 2019 Heartland Mallard 252 View Listings

A really good looking travel trailer that would be perfect if anything worked. Gas on fridge, not working. Gas water heater, not working. Slide totally not level. No heat duct in living area. (Found behind entertainment center in a pile of sawdust. Not hooked to anything. Shower door not chalked so it leaked, had to remove. As I write this I look up and the fridge is off on electric (again). Leaks when it rains. Back door trim doesn’t seal so it also leaks. We live in this full time and we were hoping it would work out for us, it isn’t. Would not recommend this trailer to anyone.
- Donna Rundell, Tennessee

2019-09-04 2018 Heartland Mallard 335 View Listings

When my wife and i purchased this RV we knew by price it would have minor issues with possibly appliances or furniture. We did not however expect this. as of right now our unit came with 3 slide outs. Each slide has a very good seal when closed but the only thing stopping water, insects or animal intrusions is a rubber slide flap at the top and both sides of each slide. Our unit purchased in June of 2018 has already leaked on 1 slide and now the flaps are tearing from the bottom up on all 3 slide outs. Now we are told that the extended warranty sold to us by Camping world does not cover this and the manufacturers warrant expired after 1 year. What a joke. Buyers beware, stay away from Heartland manufactured RV's. They are not well made and do not stand behind what they sell. I was told today it was a service issue. This RV is stored completely out of the weather. The rubber flaps are rotting and tearing after 1 year.
- Bill Page, South Carolina

2019-08-25 2019 Heartland Mallard M26 View Listings

To start when I was looking for a camper I went to Camping World in Golden Colorado. I told the salesman from the start what kind of truck I had and told him the weight capacity my truck could tow which was 8000 pounds. We looked at several campers and I liked the Mallard M33. This camper is one the salesman said I could tow. So I wanted to upgrade a few things like a 2nd ac unit in the back bedroom. I put money down and they said it would be a week before it was ready. A week went by and I returned to pick up my new camper. I was excited because I planned on living in it due to a separation between my husband and I. After I sign paperwork they came to tell me that the camper was at 9600 pounds and I couldn’t tow it safely. I called a friend to come pick it up. Now during this week I was waiting I talked to the salesman at least 4 times over the phone. My friend came got the camper. When he got it to where I was parking it he noticed that every tank was full of water. So the fresh water tank, Grey water, and the black water were all slap full. That was an extra 1,1069 pounds. They had told me they were empty. They also told me the propane tanks were full. They were empty. The vent in the bathroom didn’t work and one of the vents in the bunk room. When I opened the door after just traveling 50 miles the wood on the slide out had fallen off damaging the floor and the island. When I called the next day I was treated so rudely. I have now been in this camper for one month and now the 2nd ac , ice maker that was sitting on the counter by the kitchen window, and plugs where the tv goes all shutoff at once. Breakers are on, fuses are good. It’s a freaking nightmare.
- Lisa Schmidt , Colorado

2019-08-24 2018 Heartland Mallard M32 View Listings

Bought our M32 used at only a year old and so far we love it. Kids love the bunk room and the tiny shower. Lol. They’re just used to a residential shower at home. This is our first TT and had to learn a few lessons the hard way, but overall we’re pretty happy. First thing we did was get rid of the crappy China made tires that seem to be the common theme with everyone who has blowout issues. Got some USA made tires and haven’t had an issue; pulls great with an 02 Ford F-250 7.3L Powerstroke. Also had to change the crappy mattress in the master. My back is still recovering from a couple of nights on that factory mattress. Would be nice too if all connections were on the same side of the coach; fresh fill and black water flush on right, city connect at the rear, and black gray discharge and electrical on left. As aforementioned, we’re overall pretty happy. It looks great, pulls great, and doesn’t leak anywhere. Kids are having a blast and that’s why we bought it.
- Jonathan Fish, Florida

2019-08-22 2018 Heartland Mallard 312 View Listings

I have wanted to replace my last TT for 10 years. I kept my eyes open to used models only. Finally bought a 2018 Mallard. Went to look at it and it was an instant sale. Love the layout. No more rubber neck to see the TV for anyone. Kids love the bunk with great location. Door to the bathroom is a must. Has the grey tone which the wife was on the fence until she saw it in person, loves it. I do not have a dislike after 6 months and 3 lake camping trips (1 week) each. 2004 GMC 2500 tow vehicle, tows better then my 20ft trailer with tractor. Very happy. Paid under 25k, no regrets. Did not know how much I would enjoy the party outdoor kitchen but have used every time. Electric awning w/ multi color leds, level jacks and installed electric tongue jack. Fit and finish is better than some of the 50k models I have seen. There are always going to be lemons and units that have little or big problems in every brand in this price range to be fair. None on this unit. You should take a look. With only one slide, surprisingly roomy with storage everywhere. You can spend a small fortune but I know for what I needed and want with the limited recreational use, it is a great match. Had the grand boys, my daughter and wife at the lake. All were happy, plenty of room, slept great, had a great time. Most all recreation trailers come with horrible beds, this one is no exception. Spend the money and get one of the bed in a box delivered to your door and throw out the original or put the thick pad on top of it. That is a must. Installed a 55" uhd Samsung smart TV in living area. Yes it is huge, everyone says that but all enjoy it when it is pouring rain and we are curled up with popcorn and a movie. Streaming from phone hot spot to Netflix or APrime. I did not mount it, just installed factory stand and take it down and lay on bed for travel. They are not that heavy anymore and I don't worry about the bracket breaking or TV falling. I didn't look close at many TTs because right off the bat, no door to bathroom, TV mounted to side, small or no pantry(this pantry is huge with deep shelves). So I don't know if the waste tank clean out fresh water connection is standard now days, but it is also a needed feature which this one has. At first I thought the standard 20lb propane tanks up front were a let down from the 30lb I was used to but then realized the convenience of stopping by the local store to exchange instead of worrying if the propane dealer or station was open. Many small and large stores have exchange cage. I carry a 20lb for the fish cooker anyway so I have 3. Long winded but if you can't tell, I love my Mallard. 3rd TT since first brand new 2000 model Layton 30'. Happy camping and enjoying quality family time.
- James Wyatt, Arkansas

2019-08-07 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

Heartland mallard m28. Love the camper. Would be better if ac was bigger. Towe well behind my 2010 Chevrolet avalanche. Can no say anything about warranty. Because if you bay it used heartland blows you off.
- Neil wood, Mississippi

2019-07-13 2018 Heartland Mallard 335 View Listings

My wife and I purchased this Camper solely on the floor plan and price. What w big mistake. First off it was listed at a little over 46,000.00 on sale for a little under 30,000.00. That should have been a big warning sign. On our first trip, exhaust fan over stove quit working. Since I have over 40 years of Industrial maintenance experience. I repaired that on the road. next couple of trips went ok until we tried to use the Fireplace, it went out, I replaced it with a better unit.We used the camper 3 times in 2018, the we Winterized it. First trip in 2019. AC in main area quit working. Replaced under warranty. Second trip this year no real problem other than it takes both AC units on full power to cool camper when temps are in the 90's. We just went on the 3rd trip this year and all wqas going ok until the rains came, pretty strong winds blowing rains. 3 windows leaked. Got up this morning water in floor Slide 1 had bad leak , carpet wet fake wood trim has blisters and peeling off. Thank goodness we bought extended warranty plan. Manufacturers warranty 1 year only. I checked it out when we got it home , all 3 slides have same problem. Very bad design, they all have potential to leak in blowing rain storm. IN my opinion only way to avoid this is to pay close to 4,000.00 for slide toppers. Warning Buyers beware. Stay as far away from Heartland Mallard campers as possible. They are built cheap and have the very cheapest accessories.
- WILLIAM PAGE, South Carolina

2019-07-07 2017 Heartland Mallard M33 View Listings

Don’t buy this crap! Fridge,AC,Heater don’t work. Falls apart just pulling down the driveway. If you are thinking of buying one, ask someone to hit you in the face with a shovel! You’d be better off. Oh and Camping World, yeah stay away from there. Better yet just go to Walmart and buy a tent!
- Mike , Idaho