Heartland Gateway Reviews on RV Insider (25)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland Gateway RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Donald Edwards from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Heartland Gateway 3650BH View Listings

We purchase the our Gateway in 2014 & it has not be on the road since. We are currently living in it. The holding tank fell out within a few months of purchase. It was in the shop for 5 weeks getting parts & fixing a list of items that were broken or not working. After getting it back the holding tank fell out again after a few months. Heartland is now telling us that we have to pay for part of the repairs. They will only pay for the general holding tank repairs not to fix all the plumbing that was pulled out & broken with holding tank. Very unsatisfied.
- Donald Edwards, Oregon

2020-06-15 2015 Heartland Gateway 3200RS View Listings

First should I say buyer beware! We purchased our gateway in 2015 and have had nothing but problems. The tires were terrible and too low rated for such a heavy unit. We had our first blowout which damaged the side of the unit and caused delamination. There is delamination all over the unit. The air conditioner stopped working the first year which fortunately that was still under warranty. The tv and dvd system has never worked properly. I would never recommend anyone purchasing anything heartland! Heartland should do a recall on every single gateway unit and fix them. We paid way too much for this hunk of junk for it to have such shotty workmanship. Oh and the inverter works only half of the time. Perhaps we as heartland owners should get together and force heartland to make good on their product! We have just recently decided to put it in a permanent location and put a cover over it, hopefully this thing will last until we pay it off.
- Angela, North Carolina

2020-05-24 2016 Heartland Gateway 3650BH View Listings

Love the floor plan of this RV but after 3 years the poor quality and craftsmanship is showing. The molding on outside is sun rotting and falling off, the wallpaper inside is peeling off in spots, dining bench broke twice because screw was not in right place, the outside walls os unit appear to be fading in spots, etc. we spend more time taking it in for repairs or repairing it ourselves then we do camping in it. And unfortunately the place we bought it has the worst service in the world.
- Denise, California

2020-05-19 2019 Heartland Gateway 3900MB View Listings

We bought a 2019 Gateway 3900mb and this by far has been the best Fifth wheel so far. We live full time in this and have traveled some miles with this and we love it there is one problem that we have had and that is with the bathroom door but it's minor and we handle that. I have read alot of the reviews up top and all I can say is that every make and model have problems and it's up to you to find the one you like the most. I know some files that we camped by for a few weeks and they have a 2019 fifth wheel by a different maker and they have had nothing but problems with it and they have only had it since December and it has major problems. So like I said I love my Gateway hands down an amazing Fifth wheel / home and it's up to you what works for you
- Austin Andrews, Colorado

2020-05-06 2015 Heartland Gateway 3900 SE View Listings

Once again We should of read the reviews before we purchased a Gateway. We bought this unit in January 2016 and the following issues. Before we left the lot, the 12 converter quit working, one of the air conditioners quit working, and the sewer valve would not operate. In 2017 we had our first crack in the side wall. The factory paid to have it returned and fixed. Also in 2017,the roof ripped of on a trip to the west coast. And then..We have had to, replace 8 tires (it took two sets to realize they were WAY below the necessary rating.)We blew two within 20 miles of each other. And then.. we have replace two more air conditioners, a hot water heater,and two more cracks the factory refuses to cover. We also have Delamination under the windows so bad I had to drill holes in the bottom to drain the water so it would not freeze. Heartland claims the cracks are caused from the Lippert frame...well they don't know why. Lippert claims it is caused by the axle springs flattened and to call the axle manufacturer. Now I have a 2015 Heartland with glaring cracks in the side. At this rate by time I get it paid off all I will have nothing but a fifth wheel pin box left. It will be a great pin box..but the trailer will be gone.
- Dennis Wilson, Virginia

2020-03-17 2019 Heartland Gateway 3900MB View Listings

The overall build quality is poor and would offer caution to anyone looking at a new purchase from Heartland. I immediately repaired two water leaks, corrected the check-valve for the black water flush, and repaired the main door after it would not lock. I discovered the dead-bolt was nearly 1/2" off and had to dremel out the hole to secure. This was all the very first night I took the unit home! Then all the exterior seals over the slides kept coming out on the first trip and would have to climb up top and push them back into place. Around the 3rd trip the awning fabric came loose on one end when storing and completely pulled loose releasing one end and it bent that arm requiring replacement. Both of these were due to them not properly securing the seals and awning during initial installation. Around the 4th or 5th trip the fascia trim over the dining room slide out fell off during transit and I reattached when we got to our destination. Mind you most of this was within the first 2 months of taking delivery! Fast forward several months- we discovered a soft-spot in the floor between the kitchen island and the dining slide. We contacted dealer several times and the manufacturer and could get no help from either. The unit went into storage for the winter. My mistake here was not taking it to the dealer then. We just took the unit on a short trip around the holidays and found the floor to be much worse. We took it to the dealer this time and they found the problem and notified the manufacturer of a defect when they had installed the seal around the slide. Heartland has refused to help with the claim because it is now past the 1-year warranty even knowing it is due to their craftsmanship. The dealer wants $4900.00 to repair and our insurance will not cover because it is a manufacturing defect and water entry related. Had someone helped us initially it would have been inside the 1-year warranty. It appears we have 3-year warranty on the floors but still no help. We are so frustrated with the whole mess! This unit has been kept in dry storage since we purchased and taken very good care of. We have not neglected or abused this product at all. This was a sizable investment for us and we really thought we were making a smart purchase with the money spent. It just shows that spending a lot doesn't mean you are getting a higher quality product. If anyone has any advice I truly appreciate! I would never recommend any product whatsoever from Heartland. I realize there will always be issues with a new unit but I went way beyond the norm from the very beginning in doing all the repairs initially......
- Dwayne Hutchinson, Texas

2019-10-16 2020 Heartland Gateway 3905FLG View Listings

We bought this unit in Georgia we live in Bryceville Florida. But before we bought it notice floor in living not right so we left it with camping World one week before we pick up hoping to fix . But they did not. So we scheduled a appointment month after we pick up also water heater burnt out and melted was bad so we scheduled appointment for both and we thought to fix both , to find out was just to see get approval from insurance. This is crazy brand new unit was on lot before pick up they new of the problem with the floor. problem with water heater which they kinda fixed. So just saying paying all this money for the best insurance coverage on this 2020 unit with issues and it’s a lot to keep bringing in a unit this big every problem was trying to save from doing that but didn’t work out either. So sad love my new RV just can’t get what needs attention taken care of because red tape. 😢😢 But hey thank the Lord my husband in construction I Love my new RV My Husband is Amazing. Just feel for other people who may not get to enjoy because red tape. God is good
- William and Connie Powers, Georgia

2019-08-17 2019 Heartland Gateway 3700 View Listings

We loved everything about it roomy full refrigerator, lots of windows !! BUT it is not well made very cheap quality the craftsmanship is POOR we are really sorry we bought this trailer 😡 we should have looked better at the quality .
- Theo White, Texas

2019-08-11 2016 Heartland Gateway 3650BH View Listings

Have had issues from the beginning. Took to dealer who kept for 6 months and got back with more issues. Wallpaper is coming off walls, kitchen dinette divider has broke twice and now the leak that the dealer told us was overflow is not and trailer has a leak we can’t find no mater if we are dry camping or hooked up to city water. The quality of this trailer for $60,000 is crap and the customer service from the dealer is worse.
- Denise Poor, California

2019-06-17 2018 Heartland Gateway 3900MB View Listings

BEWARE!!! Fridge handles have broken off 3 times. Flimsy plastic. Seems to be good seal on doors, but cant open fridge. Dealer even broke one off and just said be really careful trying to open, mfg has no intention of making better handles available. Bought 2018 new just before 2019 models came out. BEWARE!
- Deb Atkinson, Georgia

2019-02-27 2015 Heartland Gateway 3500RE View Listings

Purchased this unit and immediately started having problems with it. Dealer service just kept putting off problems. Contacted factory customer service and was told to contact dealer. I’ve owned 15 different rv’s throughout my life and this is absolutely the worse piece of crap I’ve ever owned. Side wall fiberglass cracking rear clip delaminating. Plumbing drain crushed from miss alignment, appliances failed, converter undersized which prevented the a from operating correctly, once replaced with a larger size the ac works great, on and on. Customer service representative Chris Stevens was very good at explaining excuses relinquishing companies responsibility in covering any problems even when the unit was built incorrectly. Bottom line heartland WILL NOT cover anything after a year. Save yourself a lot of heartache and aggravation DO NOT BUY A HEARTLAND Product.
- Frank Malara , Pennsylvania

2019-02-06 2017 Heartland Gateway 3660TB View Listings

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE. RUN AWAY. Nothing but problems from the start. Been in the shop for a total of over 6 months, and still not done. Missed much of last season at my marina/campground because it was in the shop. But nothing got fixed. The Keystone Mountaineer I traded in was over 10 yrs old and was better than this brand new unit. Quality of workmanship tells thru the years. This one was falling apart before I even finished my first season. And I am extremely clean and take care of my stuff, but you can't do anything about wood that isn't real, even though it says real wood in the brochure. I wish I had never bought this nightmare. I can afford things once, but I can't afford to replace them. I wish I had stayed with a Keystone--or ANY other manufacturer than Heartland.
- Debbie, Maryland

2019-02-06 2017 Heartland Gateway 3660TB View Listings

I would NEVER buy anything made by Heartland. And I have discouraged friends and acquaintances from buying their products also. My camper has been nothing but a nightmare--and an expensive one at that. 1st time had my son in back bdrm, with his own bath, and when flushed the back toilet volcanoed up, spewing the tank contents all over the entire bathroom--ceiling, walls, everywhere. That was over a year and a half ago, and it has been in the shop for that repair, along with other defects for a combined total of over 6 months, and it is still not fixed. Heartland finally came and picked it up to haul it back to Indiana and, after everything I have been thru with that unit, told me that no, they won't put a blackout shade in the 2nd bedroom, and the shelving I saw in the brochure on either side of the bed in master bdrm, sorry, that wasn't built in yours. No kidding. But it was supposed to have been. I saw the brochure. And no blackout shade in a bedroom where you change your clothes? Seriously?? Run, do not walk, to a Keystone or ANY other manufacturer. You will be much better off.
- Debra, Maryland

2019-01-26 2018 Heartland Gateway 3712RDMB View Listings

The worst camper i have ever owned in my life and wilkins rv in bath new york is a terrible dealer and ive talked to heartland about the issues i have with it mind you ive had it for 1 year and have all kinds of problems and all i get from both places o well youll have to fight wilkins then wilkins says owell dont know what to tell you heartland is responsible jist wanted to leave this DONT EVER BUY FROM WILKINS RV Or HEARTLAND Rv CAMPERS they dont stand up to anything when they have issues ive had atleast 10-15 issues and they wont do nothing but blame eachother
- Ronnie, Pennsylvania

2019-01-16 2016 Heartland Gateway 3650BH View Listings

I've had this unit for 3 years and it's by far been my most favorite RV. It takes little time to setup camp compared to my old Cougar 36' 5th wheel. We love to RV with friends and can sleep 8 with little issue. Could sleep more but that's all we have every done. The kitchen lay out is great with plenty of storage.
- David Wells, Oregon

2019-01-02 2017 Heartland Gateway 3650BH View Listings

My wife and I loved living in this RV for 4 months then, her mother became very ill and we been living with her for over a year .. This unit has everything one would need to live in this coach or travel. It has a bunkhouse for the kids, grandkids and has a bathroom for them that is separate from the main bathroom .. It has an outside kitchen with TV, Grill, sink, and all of that has never been used .. Auto leveling, dual air, 2 bunks, 1 leather couch that folds out to a queen size bed .. filtered water, from any water source. surely a step up to a higher grade of quality and super easy to set up and set down for the road .. Extended Warranty is transferable.
- James Gaskell, Utah

Verified Owner

2018-11-01 2014 Heartland Gateway 3200RS View Listings

All heavy 5th wheels must have G rated tires & auto levelers, with out, you can expect issues. My trailer did not have either, I had issues, and since have corrected. Otherwise I am very happy with my trailer. Heartland has taken care of a few warranty claims & service has been great to deal with. I'll have no problem considering a Heartland in the future. I feel that comfort & quality exceeded my expectations. Remember, these things get hauled over all types of roads, you must check them, & make repairs as needed.
- Nick Miller, Texas

2018-05-10 2016 Heartland Gateway 3400SE View Listings

We've had this unit for 16 months and would never buy another. Black water holding tank improperly installed, couldn't empty till after a service call which Heartland paid for. Too many small but important items wrong, kitchen sink was falling out, door latch didn't work properly. Hydraulic lifters on the king size bed broke away, making them useless. Closet rod fell down, carpet not stretched properly under dinette. Loose molding strips. Must have been built on a Monday or Friday. Trading in for a Vanleigh product.
- SUE FORSTNER, Texas

2018-02-25 2015 Heartland Gateway 3200RS View Listings

Problems First trip furnace quit, fireplace didn't work, air conditioner in living room not working right. second trip flat tire, second flat tire, replaced tires. Heartland said tires failed because of road hazards, tire dealer said the tires came apart, when changing tires found that the THIRD TIRE was coming apart. The spec sheet said that this trailer had Good year tires WRONG it had towmax tires. Had the trailer back to camping world in Akron, OH where we bought it, they have not called us back to bring it in for repairs. No more Heartland or Camping World
- Phyllis Holmes, Ohio

2018-01-17 2014 Heartland Gateway 3500RE View Listings

This RV is the biggest piece of crap I have ever had,,,,, $70K. Everything that is imaginable is wrong. It has been sitting in my driveway since last summer. I have so many repairs to do I don't even want to take it out. Holding tank broke, Slide broke cheap tires Powerpaws lasted 1 month, Water pump lasted 1 year and a day. Right now I am trying to replace the sink in the bathroom. The plumbing was so far out of line the cheap plastic sink broke because they bent the trap to install . Called Heartland , they called me back that they have no sink to fit. Really? under the sink has wood I grinded out Found a Porcelan sink to fit, Glued it in, reinforced it because it is heavy. Got it in and now the trap wont fit because it comes out crooked. I have been working on this for about two weeks...Heartland really does not care ANYONE want to buy a fifth wheel CHEAP????????????????
- John Dawes, Nevada

2017-06-17 2015 Heartland Gateway 3900 SE View Listings

Bought this trailer 12/22/2015 used it till 9/2016 . the trailer as I told you earlier in another review has had numerous issues . I have to add stress crack caused by not welded stud in wall ,3 delaminations .Each one of these had to have holes cut in sidewalls . the ac issues I the customer had to prove them wrong in order to get replaced .The trailer finally was returned on 6/16/17 and thus sent back do to shoddy workmanship . needless to say a homeowner could have done a better job . Trailer was filthy the roof where had to be loosened re installed incorrectly and sloppy , just slap the silicone on all over molding and almond roof .The interior has body work dust all over it ,recliners unbolted just thrown in place couch cushions just thrown in . The driver told his dispatcher he was embarrassed to deliver it and if it was his he would refuse it . This is just a few issues .
- Dwayne Duprey, New Hampshire

2017-06-05 2014 Heartland Gateway 3200RS View Listings

Lived on and off in this RV for 2 1/2 years. Overall, I am pleased with the quality. Initially I had a shower faucet leak that went undetected until furnace didn't work. Slow leak corroded the motherboard. It was repaired and no further problem. Kitchen sink had a leak somewhere? Repair attempt but never corrected. Electric fireplace sporadically worked? Other than that, we had no major problems. Never had a weather related leak, which I've experienced in other RVs. Pulled great for a heavy RV. Finishes held up overall. Easy to wash and maintain. Awning LEDs were junk! I replaced with a quality strip. The 3 slides always functioned well and never leaked. Wife liked all the drawer space, especially in the bathroom. Knowing the limitations and expectations of RVs, I'd strongly consider Heartland again. Warranty work on any RV is too dependent on independent dealers. Being handy is almost a necessity when owning an RV, in my opinion.
- Steve, Texas

2017-05-29 2013 Heartland Gateway 3200RS View Listings

I bought this 3200 RS new in 2013. Wonderful layout, very comfortable. Nice interior. Now the rest of it is junk. The shower door track was installed backwards so water dumped into the floor during showers, I fixed that myself. Next, the left side of the Lippert Correct Track suspension broke and fell out from under my rig going down the road and I almost lost the entire camper. Dealer says Sorry, it's out of warranty! I had to pay for a new suspension system so i went with the better Equaflex system. So far it's much better. Next the shop that installed the suspension hits the corner of rear left side and back wall and it comes unsealed. They deny it of course so insurance pays to fix it and it's a horrible job so I'm trading it in soon. AC units work fine, good storage, tv, fireplace, fridge, bathroom, water lines, all good. This was a very expensive camper but the quality is just not there.
- Jason, Mississippi

2017-03-22 2015 Heartland Gateway 3900 SE View Listings

I purchased a new 2015 Gateway 3900se . I have nothing but problem . My ac units run fans shut down for 30 seconds then start again . Wiring on water heater almost burned trailer down . Awning mounted wrong and started to pull off ripping canvas . The factory fighting me on fixing correctly . Big stress crack de laminations . Bad microwave - bent fridge and list goes on . The trailer has so many issues they came to NH and took it back to Indiana at the factory . I did work with some great people out there but the management sucks . I have had a lot of people love my trailer but here the horror stories and say they will never by a Heartland . I won't!
- Dwayne Duprey , New Hampshire

2016-04-19 2015 Heartland Gateway 3650 BH View Listings

My family of four and I have been traveling around the country for the past 18 months in our 3650BH. It has been an amazing experience. We haven't had any major issues and have lived comfortablly while seeing amazing places. It tows easily for its size and we couldn't be happier with our choice. Forget the toyhauler, this bunkhouse is much more functional.
- Joe, North Carolina