Heartland Fuel Reviews on RV Insider (10)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland Fuel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Wicked Drummer from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 Heartland Fuel 287 View Listings

Bought mine a year ago and I love the floor plan but hate the multiple issues. Over 200 days in the shop not counting this time which is going to be another 90 + days. Dealing with lawyer now so can't dicuss much. BUYER BEWARE.
- Wicked Drummer, California

2020-10-13 2019 Heartland Fuel 335 View Listings

This toy hauler has a lot of pros and cons... Pros: 1) Kitchen is very functional with plenty of counter space. Dinette table being foldable, can easily be brought in from the garage for additional prep space. 2) Bathroom: very roomy,plenty of storage. Skylight in the bathroom helps for additional head space. 3) Garage: Spacious, plenty of room for toys and coverts to a fantastic living/indoor play area for the kids. 4) Ramp that converts to a deck is WONDERFUL. The kids LOVE it and we spend mornings and nights out on it. 5) Husband says it pulls great, and weight is distributed in a way that makes even pulling up the mountain easy on his truck Cons: 1) Kitchen: Pantry is narrow, over the sink counters and the top shelves I cant reach and Im 5'6". I either use a step stool or call for reinforcements from husband. 2) Bathroom: The tub is poorly installed and the plastic was separating from the wall within 3 months. Tub also doesn't drain well. No matter how we level the camper, it tends to pool and pocket next to the bench. 3) Overall construction is poor. In addition to the bathroom, the molding around both the doors were loose, the air vents in the garage fell out from the travel from the lot to the house, and others have fallen since. Molding around the bedroom door was warped and had to fixed as well. Plumbing under sink leaked our 2nd trip out, 1 month after purchase. 4) Our 1st trip out, the leveling system was not working properly and wouldn't level. We had to call camping world to come out. They reset it, and showed us how to bypass it, but cont to give us an error of twisted frame. Again took to local CW at home and they factory reset the leveling system... and our next trip out, the front jack pin broke and the camper slammed down. 5) The converter went out just shy of having the camper a year. 6) Garage: again, overhead storage cabinets are too tall for functional use, making them useless for everyday use and the bottoms are thin, cheap material and im nervous to put anything heavier than a few towels back there because it bows. (but bc the garage is so spacious, we bought 2 wardrobes to put back there in the corners for the their closet space. 7) Limited "basement" space outside. you have one pass through at the front, which fills up super fast. 8) They double queen beds and the twin bunk are VERY odd sizes. They are extra long. I looked everywhere online to find sheets for these beds. Even special ordering them, however no one made sheets long enough. I ended up buying flat sheets and sewing elastic around the edges to make my own since I couldn't even special order them. We LOVE this layout. It works fantastic for our family and even fantastic when extended family or friends stay with us. Campers are usually cheaply made, and this camper is no exception. The little things aren't really an issue for us to fix, However, bc of the warranty we had to send to CW to fix the converter, replace the microwave, fix the leveling system and the front pin. Those have really put a damper on things. To buy a brand new camper and have this many issues in a short amount of time, that's not ok. As much as we love the inside of this toy hauler, we would not buy this cone again if we had a do over and would actually trade it in if that was an option.
- Candace, North Carolina

2020-08-11 2019 Heartland Fuel 287 View Listings

From day 1 the Refrigerator didn't work. We had to buy a small Walmart frig. To get by in our new trailer. It took 6 months for Camping World in Kingston NY to get the refrigerator replaced. When we got it back. The new wheels had salt laying on them. and frame had rust. Or new trailer looked well used. The 2/3 of the cap light turned yellow. Not white like it was. Last short trip the bedroom /bathroom door and hardware all fell off the wall. I was told the trailer came with a backup camera. No It was just a case for a camera. That cost plenty to buy the whole setup. For the trailer and the truck backup camera. Don't expect to use it at night. Because the idiots that designed it. Put the camera right over the top. Of the rear marker light. That's with every trailer they make. they do the same stupid mistake. All you can see. Is a red glow at night. Making a camera useless. Notone person can get it through. Their heads in manufacturing. That's not the way to mount a camera. I hate feeling. like I wish I never bought it. The dealership is just as bad as the trailer.
- Paul Mollenkott , New Jersey

2020-07-07 2018 Heartland Fuel 352 View Listings

Absolutely LOVE this large toyhauler! This has plenty of room for your toys - and when garage isn't in use converts to a great bedroom or extra living room :) -- the kitchen is very functional - and we have thoroughly enjoyed having this RV!
- Kimberly Young, Georgia

2020-06-10 2019 Heartland Fuel 335 View Listings

We have the Gravity 3340 which is the same trailer as the Fuel 335, just with a few different (simple) interior appointments. Same exact floor plan. This trailer has been solid. No problems. No drama. From the day we picked it up, everything worked perfectly. No warranty work needed so far. We installed aftermarket solar, inverter, on board surge protector, air compressor and changed out the batteries. Again, all the wiring and systems were spot on. Love the living space. Love the extra bedroom for the sxs or friends/family. Lots of storage cabinetry. Highly recommend this build.
- Laura, Arizona

2020-05-20 2020 Heartland Fuel 287 View Listings

Bought this Fuel 287 new from Camper World. To start with they broke ever seat latch init trying to show me how to put them down. If that wasn’t enough they put the velcro tape that was falling of back on with self drilling screws. Then laughed about it. The delivered it with battery dead. Tried reaching out to Heartland for parts to fix but no luck. Both compartment doors will not open unless you pry on them. The rear ramp door bolts do not even go throught the door. Lipert the manufacture of the door is shipping me a new one but I have to get it put on. The inside was awful. Nothing above eye level was finished, all inside shelves and on top was covered with trash and saw dust. Have not even been able to take it on road do to not safe. Called the other Camping world and they want to charge me for work. Insured me that my truck would pull it with no problems. I should not have bought it. Now I have to buy another truck to pull it. With the new rear ramp door being all white i will just advertise for Camper World and Heartland all over US. Will loan it to others just so it is on the road more to advertise more
- Kyle Graley, Florida

2020-03-26 2019 Heartland Fuel 335 View Listings

Loved my Heartland Fuel. Lived in one for 6 mo while traveling the nation with my kids. Very well built. It had the 2 air cond, auto leveling jacks and the room in the back where my kids lived. We loved this coach. No issues
- Rob, Nevada

2019-10-15 2019 Heartland Fuel 322 View Listings

Nice looking toy hauler but built cheap. Front leveling Jack pin broke off causing rig to almost roll over when performing automatic leveling. After looking at why, seems as if the retaining pin is too thin to support the weight. This happened the 2nd time we used the trailer. Other negative of trailer is have to use city water to fill tank. On our 1st camping trip water level read full which was not the case. Since the only way to fill tank is with pressurized hose (city water) we had to load up camp and drive into town to fill tank once again. Wasted a full day of camping.
- Victor Guerrero , Arizona

2019-10-06 2019 Heartland Fuel 322 View Listings

RV satisfaction is understandably hard to achieve. $50k dollars later cheaper parts. Solution: omit tank sensors. After having to drain fresh tank that fills on city connection...weird, the brand new sensor reads full. The black/gray with slight reason, same thing. The gurgling in shower tells you when full!!! Most importantly, water leak is detrimental. Omit these electric faulty ideas and place a ceramic basin in showers for better shower drain connection. Americans care less about rv weight!! We buy bigger trucks. Quality is judged by gadgets and not the electrical/plumbing function that has men up every morning walking around the rig or head stuffed in a compartment finding things loose and not working. So unsatisfying!!!
- Mark Swanger, North Carolina

2019-06-16 2018 Heartland Fuel 305 View Listings

Well so far, the slide out jerked back and forth on the way out and in, but it is working better the more we use it. Nobody could tell me where the hot water heater bypass was. (I did find it behind the bottom drawer under the sink). Just spent a weekend in the rain up north and found water in the bedroom on the generator side (found that rain came in the screened compartment and seeped into the camper on the floor) going to contact Heartland and see what they do.
- Kevin Nerby, Wisconsin