Heartland ElkRidge RVs Reviews (15)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland ElkRidge RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Lynn Halvorsen from Wyoming says:

Have you owned any Heartland ElkRidge RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2013 Heartland ElkRidge 34TSRE View Listings

We bought the trailer brand new from the dealership. The first thing we noticed was the entire inside of the trailer was soaked after traveling through a rainstorm. Both Heartland and the dealer did not want to fix but Heartland Warranty suggested to file an insurance claim and they would then fix it. After posting a video of the water leak on the Heartland website did they get interested in fixing the leak. The wiper seal was torn. The next thing was the converter and microwave were destroyed due to low voltage. Both the dealer and Heartland would not fix cause they stated that it was a problem at the campsite. Their suggestion was to file a claim against the campground. Spent better part of this season trying to figure out the electrical issues. No dealer could tell me why the trailer had an open neutral. Pulled the 50 amp plug from the back of the trailer and found that Heartland had broke the plug on the backside of the wall. They decided to use it anyway and just taped over the screws. All of the screws were loose causing the open neutral. Heartland declined to reimburse me for a $67.00 part as it was out of warranty. The caliber of a company is measured after the sale. I will never buy and suggest to everyone else to purchase a Thor Industry product as the service after the sale is not in line with their own Corporate Standards.
- Lynn Halvorsen, Wyoming

2019-11-14 2011 Heartland ElkRidge 34QSRL View Listings

We purchased or Elkridge second hand in 2014 (so 3 years old) and did not do proper research with I regret. The siding was loose even then. We used it for several family trips, and members with allergies became ill (did not know why at the time) we wanted to trade in for a trailer instead of a 5th wheel in 2019. We had maintained the 5th wheel well and there was no evidence of leaks, when the dealer looked at it they found that all the walls were completely rotten and moldy and the floor as well. This trailer as only 8 years old!!! Would not recommend.
- Louise, Ontario

2019-11-05 2018 Heartland ElkRidge 31RLK View Listings

It's a pretty RV however we continue to have issues with the shades not going up and down. Of course now that it is out of warranty the fireplace does not work. It's sad that you pay an astronomical amounts of money for these RV's and and they are just made so cheaply and thrown together. Just this weekend we were not getting power to all of the trailer and unscrewed the plug in and found that the red wire was not totally connected. To me this is a safety hazard and we could have had a fire had it arched and melted. No wonder they only give you a one year warranty.....they can rid themselves of you quickly and you have to pay for everything else. Same with the dealer, all they want is the sale, then afterwards they can't help you out.
- JSefcik, Texas

2019-10-31 2020 Heartland Elkridge 31RLS View Listings

We bought this trailer in July and was delivered without the auto leveling working. The trailer almost tipped over as one of the sensors was installed upside down. We now have the trailer at the dealership for fridge leaking into drawer below as drain not hooked up from factory and the seals in shower not installed at all. So we now have a new trailer with moisture already in it. Solution we were given, high power fans to dry everything out & put the wood veneer tape back on the front of the drawer under the fridge. The fridge is in the tipout & were told that the water did not make it below the flooring. Pretty sad when you spend $65,000 on a trailer & only had it for 4 months. Not impressed.
- Traci Woermke, Ontario

2019-10-25 2016 Heartland ElkRidge 39MBHS View Listings

I absolutely love this rv. It has so much room inside. The fireplace warms up the whole place if it isn't too cold outside. The fridge is big and works great. The shower is roomy. This rig has tons of storage inside and out compared to many others. It is very easy to pull and clean. I have never been so comfortable in an rv until I stayed in the Elkridge 39mbhs.
- Lyn, Arizona

2019-02-24 2018 Heartland ElkRidge 31RLK View Listings

Nice size for my wife and I and our small dog. Twin AC units keep units cool, and electric fireplace enough to take the chill out on a cold night with running the LP furnace. Extra large shower very functional and King bed makes it feel like home. Large closet, plenty of storage in main cabin with a pantry. (did add a few extra shelves in pantry). Setup is a breeze with Lippert level-up system. Have been out several times and very satisfied with the functionality. Great 5th wheel for the $$ spent.
- Don S, Texas

2018-11-30 2014 Heartland ElkRidge 37ULTA View Listings

This is a very good RV for the price. In my opinion it's where the quality and price curves meet. You can pay much more, but not get it back in added value. I used the back bedroom as an office and T.V room. It also sleeps four comfortably. It's spaciousness make a very useful and versatile RV.
- J Kraft, Texas

Verified Owner

2018-10-24 2015 Heartland ElkRidge 35TSRL View Listings

Do you enjoy long walks in the rain forest? If yes, you will like the Heartland Elkridge. Water will flow into your RV through all the seams and light fixtures. Trim will warp and deteriorate. Exterior sidewalls will delaminates. Great fun! The dealer was disinterested in helping: “ We are no better than you at finding leaks”. So my not inexpensive unit is covered with tarpsp in storage—I have caulked and sealed everywhere, to no positive outcome. I would sell it or trade it, but who wants something this damaged. We actually ended-up buying another RV made by Forest River that does not leak.
- Dr. Ken crawford, Washington

2018-10-09 2018 Heartland ElkRidge 37BHS View Listings

Used this unit as a full-time rig to travel the US. From Florida up to Canada and down again to the US / Mexico border. With the 2 bedrooms and two full bathrooms it provides a great space to set up and explore the nation. Additionally if you just wanted to stay put its more than comfortable to do that as well. The two Ac's keep the unit nice a comfortable and the electric fireplace warms the who rig up without having to turn on propane. Cant beat it. Add to it the full size fridge / freezer and you are stocked and able to supply your family. The biggest and most important thing (in my opinion) is being able to have a stack able washer dryer in the unit. There is no feeling of comfort and being at home like having fresh laundry with out having to sit in the RV pars laundry room and wash your drawers in washers that the folks before you washed their dog sweater. No thank you!! I pulled mine with a F-250 SUPER DUTY and have no problems whatsoever anywhere I went.
- Mike P, Florida

2018-02-04 2014 Heartland ElkRidge E27 View Listings

Love the openness of the floor plan. Never a worry about battery power with the solar panels in place. "Correct Track" and "Never Adjust" technology on the dual axel insures tire tread ware evenly. Large windows open wide for fresh air.
- Dave Maurer, California

2017-08-29 2011 Heartland ElkRidge 34QSRL View Listings

Worst 5th wheel I have owned in over 30 years of rving. I thought I got a lemon after all of the repairs I have paid for. Today I heard the horror stories from Big Country and Bighorn owners. I thought Heartland was a great manufacturer wow was I wrong.
- Cliff Barker, Oregon

2017-07-27 2011 Heartland ElkRidge 34QSRL View Listings

Anyone buying one of these POS fifth wheels is making a mistake. Four season insulation? Only if you live where it doesn't get below 50 or above 80. Oven takes an act of Congress to light, and we all know how Congress is. Trying to find something positive about this thing, still looking. Oh btw don't try to get fan in the bedroom vent, these mental geniuses didn't bother to put a 12v line near the vent. Sorry I bought this thing.
- Cliff Barker, Oregon

2017-07-11 2011 Heartland ElkRidge 27RLSS View Listings

We've had several brands of 5th wheels and decided to give Heartland a shot. First thing I noticed was that all 3 cable housings for the holding dump valves were pushed out of the crimped mounts at the handle. After removing the mounted cable ends (I'm a career aircraft mechanic), I crimped them back and still found one of them impossible to manipulate, so I decided to just change the valves and dismantle the cables and lube them. What REALLY griped me is that I found that one of the cables was pinched between the floor and frame rail when the unit was assembled, and it took a pry bar to dislodge the housing. The second thing about that that I discovered, is that they use an off the shelf Valterra cable that they do not cut to fit...there was a 10 foot cable used to manipulate a valve that was 4 feet away, and instead of make the cable fit, they just coiled it up under the belly (after it was pinched during assembly) and called it good...I made them the correct length, and they work effortlessly. We also noticed 2 weeks later, is the rear wall was rotten from the inside out due to a water leak, and as a result I climber a ladder to reseal the roof only to find that it had been sealed and re-sealed numerous times already, probably in a bid to stop the water leak that was rotting out the rear wall and is likely the reason for the skin delamination all over the exterior anywhere near a seam....as is likely WHY it was traded in, and I ended up with it. Now don't get me wrong, we love the layout of the unit and it is frankly beautiful in appearance, but all of that pales against a lack of quality control in manufacturing...which ours shows, and it may make us chose differently next time, especially after I wrote to the company and asked for a wiring diagram/manual, and the factory refused, and told me to take it to a dealer. First impressions are a killer.
- Trevor, Montana

2015-11-13 2012 Heartland ElkRidge 27RLSS View Listings

I love this RV. Single superslide provides ample living space on main floor for cooking dining entertaining watching TV. Table and chairs make for flexible seating. Two recliners great for watching TV and relaxing. Ample hot water from water heater. Roof insulation and AC serve to keep RV cool in summer. Big baçk window offers great panoramic view. Bedroom can be separated for privacy with door from rest of RV. Basement offers lots of storage. Remote control for operating stabilizer kacks is easy to use. Rig is a snap to tow with heavy duty hitxh. Ceramic toilet bowl is a nice touch. Exterior speakers make entertaining enjoyable.
- Christian Hellwig, California

2014-12-18 2013 Heartland ElkRidge 37ULTRA View Listings

The party bench is not good. It is hard to sit 4 people at the table because there is padding against the wall. You lose space for eating. There isn't enough fridge space to have a family of 4+ living in it for a week or more. Not having any door in the cubby over the fridge makes for things to fall while traveling. The faucet in the outside kitchen is so small you can't fit your hands under to clean, let alone any dishes. The camper sits too low, maybe because the suspension is not high enough making getting into gas stations with a slight hill difficult, causing the the bumper to hit the floor. Besides these things, the camper is very comfortable. The fireplace makes it cozy during the colder nights. The 2 bathrooms make it handy for a larger family. The bunk room is really large leaving lots of space, even for people to sleep on the floor. The outside kitchen is so handy for those outside dinners. Very practical fifth-wheel.
- Janet Macklem, Quebec