Heartland Cyclone Reviews on RV Insider (48)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland Cyclone RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Erika from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King View Listings

We special ordered our toy hauler with every option there was. Paid way way to much for this!! So far we replaced all of the plumbing because it was either over tightened and broken off or not even tightened at all. Loose cabinets and the couch had only 2 screws in it to hold it down. We found about 20 broken off screws laying on the floor after we got it. Nothing was caulk ed for the sinks and it all leaked on the rims because they are under mount sinks. Our tub pipe was over tightened and broke off to the point that when you ran the tub it poured ontop of our furnace and shorted it out. Seriously. The curtains were barely hung because of all the broken off screws on them and the windows themselves. So so disappointed in this trailer. There was zero workmanship. Was not taken care of properly. That's not even the half of it. We went through like 5 switches already for the electric recliners so now we don't use them. Just nothing was out together well period, and for what someone is paying for this that is insane!!!! I've heard almost the same stories from others. What is wrong with the manufacturer??? Who do you have working for you? It pulls amazingly. Definitely does not have enough storage. Is definitely not as nice as a raptor which we may be dumping this thing for. We've only had it for about 9 months and I hate it!! I like the patio when we can ever use it since no rv park has a big enough spot obviously. So we've put more time into fixing the broken things then the people who put it together the first time. We bought this for our family, our 4 kids and us. This was supposed to be our home away from home. Thanks a lot heartland for this fixer upper.
- Erika, Michigan

2020-06-01 2011 Heartland Cyclone 3010 View Listings

Great RV to haul your toys around and stay and sleep in comfort. Tows excellent and is quite manuverable. Generator and large storage tanks allow you the opportunity to live off the grid for extended periods.
- Rob Childs, Minnesota

2020-05-20 2018 Heartland Cyclone 4250 View Listings

I pulled this rig with a 2017 f350 Dually and couldn't tell it was behind me. Smooth and fast, tracks like melted butter. This is the biggest and best rig around with a toy hauler 13 ft garage to store anything. two gas tanks, two 80 gal blk / gray tanks and 100 gal h20 for a week or more off the grid! Genny and batteries run the unit with no effort as it is all LED and low power consumption. Cold night will be helped with electric fireplace on a timer. hot days are crushed with two AC ducted units and huge fridge/ freezer for beverages/ ice cream. This is the way to go if you travel with a few people or just want room to spread out. 3 living areas with two outside decks for lots of variety at camp. Best thing is side deck so you can cook and relax , watch the game, outside without standing in the dirt! Stairs for both decks make for 4 ways to enter the rig. No bottlenecks or traffic jams with walk around island. I had the little league team and the parents hosted for a tournament lunch and everyone had plenty of room! Awesome rig All Around!
- Vince, Colorado

2020-04-21 2019 Heartland Cyclone 4007 View Listings

We purchased this unit in Jan. 2019. We have had a rather serious issue after our 4 trip. One of the axle shackle bolts fell out causing the leaf spring to come loose and it jammed up and struck the gas line right at a pipe Union causing a leak. I found this after we got to our destination so it was unsafe to move. I called Heartland and after I explained our dilemma they authorized a mobile RV tech to get the parts and make the repair. I ordered the upgraded heavier MORryde CRE 3000 kit and had the RV tech replace all of the shackles and upgraded to the much heavier shackles. I also found a local Home Depot to get the gas pipe I needed. I paid the RV tech and submitted all of my receipts and Heartland sent me a check and cover all of my expenses..! I have absolutely no complaint with Heartland ..! I also decided to replace the kingpin with the MORryde cushioned kingpin. We absolutely love this unit. Last May our son graduated from Ball State so after his graduation we scheduled a factory tour to the toyhauler factory and they were actually building our 4007 for 2020. The Heartland people were very professional and willing to show us anything we asked to see. I am one very happy customer..!
- Duane M., Texas

2020-04-08 2011 Heartland Cyclone 3814 View Listings

We have had pull trailers in the past that were a lot of work to hook up and go. This 5th wheel is so easy to hook up go and unload. It makes going places a pleasure. It is a very comfortable living space, or a vacation get away. Very easy to maintain. It has brought us a lot of enjoyment. Has lots of storage. You could even make another living space in the garage if you are planning on making it your home. It has been well taken care of. Hate to have to part with it.
- Karla Johnson, Oregon

2020-02-21 2017 Heartland Cyclone 4250 View Listings

Great RV with high quality and amazing features. The outdoor entertainment space is like non other. The 2 bath feature makes camping with family so easy. This you can sleep the family plus friends. The unit has full size appliances and a washer/dryer
- cory, Colorado

2020-02-15 2019 Heartland Cyclone 4007 View Listings

We went with a full body paint and it’s gorgeous. That’s about the end of my satisfaction with Heartland. We’ve already had a major leak in the bedroom, broken blind, the garage radio doesn’t work, the sound bar falls down with each trip and the outside speakers stopped working. The coax is nothing close to what the diagram shows so good luck trying to hook anything up. Nice looking unit but very poor quality. I won’t buy another Heartland.
- Shawn , Texas

2020-01-31 2015 Heartland Cyclone 4200 View Listings

This RV is full of options and add ons. Great for a big family or lots of room for a couple and all there toys. In great shape, and pulls like a dream. New Heavy duty tires so you hopefully never have a blow out while driving. Decks off side and back for great fun in the summer or warm days. Tv's in living room, garage, side deck, and bed room.
- Clay Hill, Colorado

2020-01-28 2015 Heartland Cyclone 4200 View Listings

We have been full timers for 4 years. Over all we are just ok with this rig. We have had issues with water leaks in the bathroom which caused us to replace the bathroom floor. We had to disconnect the outside shower because,we couldn't get that leak to stop and we got tired of loosening the rubber cover protecting the under carriage and draining water that collected there. These leaks also warped the floor in the undetneath storage area. The side porch leaks and it weighs a ton which makes it difficult to raise and close. There are no drains to allow collected water to escape. We feel that dry rot and structural failure are looming in our future. A bracket that holds the axles in place broke. This caused our rear wheels to move forward kissing the center wheels and effectively locking the wheels, prohibiting any movement at all. We had to drag our rig over 50 yards to get out of the way of truck traffic. That is when we found out that there are no towing services for moving a towable 44 foot RV. It took quite a bit of time to find someone to repair the problem. The wheels are still misaligned but we were able to make our destination...about 100 miles. We are too afraid to move our rig anymore because we feel it is unsafe due to the broken bracket and misaligned wheels. And, even a fix may not be enough. The workmanship and quality is lacking and disappointing. We are constantly repairing or replacing parts. We believe we have actually made the rig better because we replace parts with better quality items and workmanship. But, in the end, we feel we are fighting a losing war against lackluster and uncaring craftmanship.
- Jim, Florida

2020-01-15 2017 Heartland Cyclone HD Edition View Listings

Shame on you Heartland for not giving owners of your rv's the courtesy they deserve when it comes to servicing your coaches. You talked to my husband today and you were down right rude to him when he inquired about a claim we made with you several months back. Your response to him when asked to talk to the person who General RV recommended us to was "Oh you can't talk to her!" "Your claim was denied." Who gave you permission to block our rite to talk to this person. Heartland did not even tell us that our claim was denied. We have been waiting for months for our parts to come in. We had a leak in an outside light above the main door which caused the wall to buckle and our shower in the back was kinked so bad in the back bathroom and backed up water into the kitchen. When we talked to General RV in Mt. Clemens , MI to find the water leak they thought it was coming from the door. So they changed the lock on the door and when we got the coach back it still leaked. Come to find out it was leaking thru the light. We had a years warranty and we reported the problem within the warranty time and General rv told us to document it with Heartland of which we did. Now we come back to General RV and ask them why we haven't heard from them for months and all we get is nasty remarks and that our claim was denied. It is against the law to offer a warranty and turn around and just deny a claim because you choose to make up a reason it is our fault it leaked. We didn't build the coach you did. Leaks just don't happen unless the manufacturer is not doing quality work or using quality product. We bought a coach with a warranty. We paid for that and it is fraudulent for you to deny service. We r in our senior years and want to enjoy our coach while we can. It is your responsibility and you know it.Sad that I have to waste my time writing a review that is negative instead of giving positive feedback. This should not happen in The U.S. Build with pride and back up your product and work.
- Jan, Michigan

2019-12-07 2019 Heartland Cyclone 4007 View Listings

To whom it may concern, Prior to purchasing an RV I called several RV repair shops and simply asked them which brands they would recommend to buy based on which ones were the easiest to work on and broke down the least. Heartland was often recommended and the brand we chose to purchase. Since purchase we have had nothing but a year and a half of problems. Once we hooked up our water during the first weekn it began spewing water from behind the hook up. The cause of this was that the fitting connecting the hot water heater to the RV wasn’t secure and was allowing well over 100 gallons of water to spew into the underbelly of our RV. Next we had a leak in the toilet that cost a couple of hundred dollars to fix and after that our garage AC stopped working in the middle of a New Mexico summer. We then started working with Adam Batson to get the AC fixed. After 2 months of sending him pictures of what we needed fixed several times we finally got the AC delivered. We had the RV repairmen at the RV to fix the AC, slide valves in our dump tanks, and the water selector switch. They quickly noticed they sent us the wrong AC. Once we got the correct AC we were told that the old one had stopped working because when it was installed the freeze sensor wasn’t in the coil/fins as it should have been causing the compressor to run too long and not shut down when it should and thus shortening the life of the compressor. Next we had had water leaking from under our sink. We ultimately found out it was caused by a faulty fauced and caused all of the wood and wood paneling around the kitchen sink to rot and need to be replaced which also took months to complete. After ournext move we arrived and the couches in the garages were both flat against the sides of the RV. The metal on the happy jack lifts had bent allowing them to once again fall during our move. I called Adam who told me that Happy Jack would not authorize to replace the part. I got the happy jack information from him. I explained to the man there what had happened and he asked me if there were pins in the couches to secure the couches and prevent them from falling. I told him that when we received the RV the couches were down and that there were no pins in He explained that this is why the parts bent during transport and that it should have come with these pins. He agreed to send me the new parts, which arrived a few days later. Next we had to work to get our auto leveler fixed. When we would hit the auto level button it would begin to level and then it would extend the legs on one side of the RV as far as it could and the legs on the opposing side wouldn’t move at all causing the RV to almost tip over. When the RV repairman was here to install the AC he was able to diagnose the problem. I called Adam and put him on speakerphone to talk to the repairman and myself at the same time so there was no confusion. I was assured that he was putting in the parts request and they would be shipped out. I didn’t receive them the following week and was out of town for 6 days the week after that. I figured that after two weeks I would return home to the parts being delivered but this was not the case. I called Adam the next business day and was told that for some reason the parts department had not gotten the order. He was also trying to order the wrong part for the auto leveler despite the repairman clearly explaining it to both of us while he was on speakerphone. We are now over three weeks since the original parts should have been submitted to the parts department. It is very clear from the amount of problems that we have had with this RV that it’s construction was very rushed and not well done. Between the constant problems we have had and the difficulty to get things fixed I would not recommend buying this brand of RV to anyone that asks. 12/6/2019 We recently ended up getting the auto leveler fixed. After having changed the computer and batteries we found out that the problems were happening because the leveling sensor on the back was in fact installed backwards. About two weeks after this was fixed we were home cleaning when our electric turned off. We were surprised because we have a surge protector in place. When we were checking all of the connections we were surprised to see that the plug to the RV and 50 amp cord were all burned. We took it in to get fixed and were informed that the reason the surge protector hadn’t stopped it was because it was the result of a lose ground wire in the RV. Once the ground wire, new 50 amp cord and connection to the RV were all fixed we still did not have power. The electrician immediately knew that the transfer switch was bad. Once this was replaced we had electricity again. I am furious with how this company does business. They provide a cheap and unsafe product. If we hadn't been home when the electricity went out our entire RV and 5 animals could have died in an electric fire. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!
- Chelsea, California

2019-11-11 2020 Heartland Cyclone 3600 View Listings

This my first 5th Wheel. I have a 2016 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW with a Demco Autoslide Hitch. The trailer towes FANTASTIC. Because I didn't want to get a dually this was the biggest toy hauler I could tow. I had to sacrifice some of the luxuries of the bigger toy haulers: kitchen and living room are smaller than I'd like, but very livable. Garage not only added the ability to haul our BMW R1200RT with a side car but added a patio that we find we are using all the time. We have come to prefer the toy hauler style RV over the regular style because of the extra space the ramp patio gives us. It also gives guests their own bathroom with a more private sleeping area. We added a rear curtain and better locks so that the back ramp patio door can be left open. And since the patio door is made by Challenger it has no wood so moisture will not effect it. We have had a couple issues with slide adjustments and a missing screen, but Heartland customer support has been very supportive in getting things fixed properly.
- Larry, Indiana

2019-11-07 2018 Heartland Cyclone 4005 View Listings

We love our RV except for the inverter!! We live in our RV. Have only owned it 17 months and inverter won't charge the batteries. Our power gets low so we have to use a battery charger and our dually to charge up the power. Heartland needs to fix this issue and give us a new inverter, because right now we cannot afford one!!
- Dixie, Texas

2019-10-30 2017 Heartland Cyclone 4100 View Listings

We bought 2015 cyclone new from lakeside rv in Michigan. They had better pricing than any of the surrounding states. But the good new stops there. Getting service from them was a joke. It seams to me there your best friend till you buy an rv and leave with it. Then you become a step child to them. The first problem was sewer smell coming from the back toilet . It seem the vent hole in the roof was never cut ,letting sewer smell in the rv. The next problem was the bed room slide out gearbox went bad not letting the slide out come in. Next the central vacuum quit working and the don’t make a replacement for it so had to eliminate it. The most expensive repaired was the norcold fridge, there a piece of junk and should never be sold to anybody we had problems for a year before we finally replaced it with a house Samsung that is compatible with a generators. The tv cable going to bed room quit working I had to purchase a hdmi transmitter receiver to watch tv in bed room. The couch in the living room is cheap and starting to wear out, don’t be fooled there not leather there made of a material called pleather. The latest problem is the rubber seal in the kitchen sink started leaking.
- J.R. Watson, Oklahoma

2019-10-07 2019 Heartland Cyclone 4005 View Listings

Buyer Beware my husband and I purchased this 2019 preparing for retirement since the purchase June of 2018 we have numerous water problems and mechanical failures took back to dealer once to find leak that filled the underbelly also basement filled with water fried the inverter caused soft spot on floor in front of stairs water on floor in front of slideout when it rains they had it for a month finally got it back last week transfer switch to generator got hot and burnt wires then last night it rained and water came in under slideout on entry side wish we would have gone with another company but all this issues of poor workmanship are hidden under nice finishes so please anyone thinking of buying this brand read reviews which we did but investigate deeper after all this costs as much as a small home I Would Not But This Brand Again hope this helps someone so they don’t get duped like we did now were stuck with it because it is nowhere worth what we paid
- Kathy DeBoard, Kentucky

2019-08-10 2018 Heartland Cyclone 4115 View Listings

second year owning this camper. noticed signs of water intrusion under the master room slide. wall seems to be delaminating under the slides, heartland will do nothing to cover this factory defect. customer service is a joke. the campers are made to a very low standard. fit and finish is a joke. constantly fixing things that break or fall off in the interior of the rig. ill never buy another camper from this company. EVER! steer clear.
- gizmotek12, Maine

2019-07-31 2020 Heartland Cyclone 4007 View Listings

I love the RV size I am a big person there is enough room for me to move about in the RV, it pulls like a dream behind my F-350 dually with an Anderson hitch. quality well that is the one thing they left out when they built it we purchased our RV from a place in Michigan ( mistake no.1 ) purchased it sight unseen ( mistake no.2 ) Heartland makes a very nice looking RV but it lacks a lot of attention to final finishes splintered wood on trim ends and cabinet frames, loose plumbing fittings that will leak until you tighten them beyond finger tight.one of the cabinet doors was in three pieces on delivery ( delivered to my home in Texas from Michigan ) being from out of state i had no walk through, I did get a few owners manuals with the RV and a thumb Drive that was useless in set up or function of any moving part of this RV, the expensive upgrade electric awning failed the second time it was opened, the out door refrigerator quit inside of 4 months, the tv antenna is a complete joke unless you are very close to a big city, .The entire interior was filthy saw dust and splinters everywhere inside of the cabinets , under the bed in the storage compartments etc. the electrical outlet layout is pitiful at best there should be more user friendly outlets without the use of extension cords. its littered with USB charging outets but those are useless for laptops lamps or fans.Do not trust the markings in the closet meant to guide in drilling an exhaust port for a dryer I hit a framing member during my installation the decal said drill here dead center of an aluminum stud,fortunately I am a very seasoned construction worker and can compensate for Heartlands short comings in attaching things properly or rebuild things that fall apart before they are even used. I spent the better part of a years salary buying this Cyclone 4007 I believe I could have found a better built unit for less do your home work and get everything in writing the big warranty that is sold with these RV's are a waste of money dealers sell sell sell but when it comes to service service service they all seem to clam up and walk away. in my opinion most of the dealers are crooks and liars, sure there are some reputable ones out there but few and far between..... do your homework search for reviews on any deal you attempt to make dealer and unit manufacture. one more thing my 2019 $85,000 RV 6 months later is worth $60,000 in trade value yeah I'm stuck with it till it either falls apart completely or I can find somewhere that will give me something close to pay off on it in trade. ok kids school is out I hope you have learned something by reading this Rant !
- craig Hess, Texas

2019-07-08 2019 Heartland Cyclone 4005 View Listings

Bought new may 2019 first trip out to Alaska I’m so disappointed in this thing poor workmanship screw falling out every where had bath and half rear toilet plugged up first 5 days finely got unplugged had plug up two more times got too checking looks like hole never got cut opened about 1 inch I sold another trailer to buy poor quality build trailer I will never recommend this to anyone also the auto leveling worked first day hasn’t worked since
- Cecil Derrick , Texas

2019-06-05 2017 Heartland Cyclone CY 4250 View Listings

Purchased our toy hauler in 2017 and have had nothing but issues. Currently our whole living and kitchen floor is soft. Contacted our extended warranty company and they did a pressure test and said it was a manufactures defect. Heartland will take no responsibility for this. Called numerous times, sent pictures and even offered to drive the unit to them to be fixed. This is not the only issue we have had with the camper. We had to have both AC's replaced, the kitchen sink completely fell out, but all of this was replaced under our extended warranty thank goodness. However, now we are left with a $10,000 bill to replace the sub-flooring and flooring so we can use our camper. Needless to say we are getting a lawyer. Please do your research and check out other manufacturers. If Heartland will not stand behind and do what is right for their defects on a camper that costed over $75,000 do you really want to do business with them? Buyers please beware!!!!!!!
- Patti Paull, Texas

2018-11-11 2017 Heartland Cyclone 4100 View Listings

We love this rig could never say all the great features, normal issues as with any rv, The dealership we bought from tara something in Indiana SUCKED. Thank God the RV made up for crappy Dealership.
- mary aray, Florida

2018-10-17 2013 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King View Listings

One Owner, Purchased in Dec 2012, selling due to illness and can't travel any longer. It is financed thru Good Sams. It is a Toy Hauler with a 12' garage. Has not been in any accidents. Everything works and has been maintained IAW the Owners manual since new. The exterior has been washed and waxed regularly. Contact me and I will send a PDF file with all the installed options.
- Donald H. Severs, Florida

2018-09-06 2007 Heartland Cyclone 370C View Listings

I am the original owner of a 2007 cycle. It is of poor quality. The interior of the garage door is constructed with Luan, however, you cannot see this as it has a black cover over it. The base of the garage door, where the hinges attach, rot and you are left unable to open the door again because it will literally fall to the ground if you do. Worse part about this is that I am still paying for it for another four years. Spoke with representative from Heartland RV’s and was told that there is nothing they will do, won’t even send replacement parts. Definitely not worth what you pay for.
- Lynne , Connecticut

2018-08-17 2012 Heartland Cyclone 4014 View Listings

I liked the RV in general. Great toy hauler,well layed out. Needs better prints/diagrams/user manual. Be sure to join owners forum, you can download prints and information. Assembly of unit is very poor. No plans whatsoever to wiring and plumbing. Prints are inaccurate. You will need to install terminal strips at key locations and rewire for maintenance and troubleshooting purposes. Needs new engineering manager at the plant. I was supt. in engineering at a production mill and know what a quality installation looks like. Will have to ditch furniture in living room and buy your own. Other than that it's near the top of toy hauler choices.
- Michael Kay, Oregon

2018-06-26 2015 Heartland Cyclone 4200 View Listings

Purchased when it was 11 months old, have had it for 3 years now. Fridge has went out, washer also broke, generator has messed up 3 times, water pump broke after 2nd use. Inverter has broken 2 times, porches are rotten. Called factory they say that warranty doesn't cover, to contact the mfg of parts. Called the place about porches, got the answer that porches are water restraint not water proof. My back porch has never been down in the rain so that excuse doesn't work...
- Haley Exum, Louisiana

2018-05-20 2018 Heartland Cyclone 4005 View Listings

I have owned RV’s my whole adult life. I’m 61. My 2018 Cyclone is a pos concerning Quailty Fit and Finish and Cheap parts. The chassis is solid and it pulls nice, Brand New, inverter no good so battery died. 12 lights in bed room did not work. Tub drain leaked badly into storage area. Outdoor kitchen door frame not caulked leaked a lot of water in on floor, ruined cheap press board trim every where it touched had to be replaced. Every time we pull on a trip with Harley’s accross USA we have trim fall off inside. Tile back splash in kitchen feel off two areas. Large trim board top of biggest slide feel off. Light switch lever feel off. Rear awning broke 3rd use.All Decorative trim over windows in garage loose and ready to fall off. All three AC units failed had to be replaced 1 year old. Recliner couch falling apart. The transfer switch for generator caught fire, shorted out, ruined a brand new coffee pot, DVD player, fire place, charger for an electronic device, WiFi router. I could go on but you get the idea, total of 8 weeks in shin being fixed. One year old mind you. Rear toilet supply hose leaked all over the floor. It’s endless. I will never buy another Heartland product. Came with cheap tires on it, I purchased 6 Goodyear’s and replace brand new tires. I hope this helps someone not make the same mistake we made. At close to 100,000,00 dollars this ain’t funny a bit. The Onan gen set made in USA runs good. Most of the issues are Cheap press board used throughout RV, cheap parts, or sorry quality and poor workmanship.
- James A Posey, Florida