Heartland Cyclone RVs Reviews (38)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland Cyclone RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Erika from Michigan says:

Have you owned any Heartland Cyclone RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King View Listings

We special ordered our toy hauler with every option there was. Paid way way to much for this!! So far we replaced all of the plumbing because it was either over tightened and broken off or not even tightened at all. Loose cabinets and the couch had only 2 screws in it to hold it down. We found about 20 broken off screws laying on the floor after we got it. Nothing was caulk ed for the sinks and it all leaked on the rims because they are under mount sinks. Our tub pipe was over tightened and broke off to the point that when you ran the tub it poured ontop of our furnace and shorted it out. Seriously. The curtains were barely hung because of all the broken off screws on them and the windows themselves. So so disappointed in this trailer. There was zero workmanship. Was not taken care of properly. That's not even the half of it. We went through like 5 switches already for the electric recliners so now we don't use them. Just nothing was out together well period, and for what someone is paying for this that is insane!!!! I've heard almost the same stories from others. What is wrong with the manufacturer??? Who do you have working for you? It pulls amazingly. Definitely does not have enough storage. Is definitely not as nice as a raptor which we may be dumping this thing for. We've only had it for about 9 months and I hate it!! I like the patio when we can ever use it since no rv park has a big enough spot obviously. So we've put more time into fixing the broken things then the people who put it together the first time. We bought this for our family, our 4 kids and us. This was supposed to be our home away from home. Thanks a lot heartland for this fixer upper.
- Erika, Michigan

2019-11-11 2020 Heartland Cyclone 3600 View Listings

This my first 5th Wheel. I have a 2016 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW with a Demco Autoslide Hitch. The trailer towes FANTASTIC. Because I didn't want to get a dually this was the biggest toy hauler I could tow. I had to sacrifice some of the luxuries of the bigger toy haulers: kitchen and living room are smaller than I'd like, but very livable. Garage not only added the ability to haul our BMW R1200RT with a side car but added a patio that we find we are using all the time. We have come to prefer the toy hauler style RV over the regular style because of the extra space the ramp patio gives us. It also gives guests their own bathroom with a more private sleeping area. We added a rear curtain and better locks so that the back ramp patio door can be left open. And since the patio door is made by Challenger it has no wood so moisture will not effect it. We have had a couple issues with slide adjustments and a missing screen, but Heartland customer support has been very supportive in getting things fixed properly.
- Larry, Indiana

2019-11-07 2018 Heartland Cyclone 4005 View Listings

We love our RV except for the inverter!! We live in our RV. Have only owned it 17 months and inverter won't charge the batteries. Our power gets low so we have to use a battery charger and our dually to charge up the power. Heartland needs to fix this issue and give us a new inverter, because right now we cannot afford one!!
- Dixie, Texas

2019-10-30 2017 Heartland Cyclone 4100 View Listings

We bought 2015 cyclone new from lakeside rv in Michigan. They had better pricing than any of the surrounding states. But the good new stops there. Getting service from them was a joke. It seams to me there your best friend till you buy an rv and leave with it. Then you become a step child to them. The first problem was sewer smell coming from the back toilet . It seem the vent hole in the roof was never cut ,letting sewer smell in the rv. The next problem was the bed room slide out gearbox went bad not letting the slide out come in. Next the central vacuum quit working and the don’t make a replacement for it so had to eliminate it. The most expensive repaired was the norcold fridge, there a piece of junk and should never be sold to anybody we had problems for a year before we finally replaced it with a house Samsung that is compatible with a generators. The tv cable going to bed room quit working I had to purchase a hdmi transmitter receiver to watch tv in bed room. The couch in the living room is cheap and starting to wear out, don’t be fooled there not leather there made of a material called pleather. The latest problem is the rubber seal in the kitchen sink started leaking.
- J.R. Watson, Oklahoma

2019-10-07 2019 Heartland Cyclone 4005 View Listings

Buyer Beware my husband and I purchased this 2019 preparing for retirement since the purchase June of 2018 we have numerous water problems and mechanical failures took back to dealer once to find leak that filled the underbelly also basement filled with water fried the inverter caused soft spot on floor in front of stairs water on floor in front of slideout when it rains they had it for a month finally got it back last week transfer switch to generator got hot and burnt wires then last night it rained and water came in under slideout on entry side wish we would have gone with another company but all this issues of poor workmanship are hidden under nice finishes so please anyone thinking of buying this brand read reviews which we did but investigate deeper after all this costs as much as a small home I Would Not But This Brand Again hope this helps someone so they don’t get duped like we did now were stuck with it because it is nowhere worth what we paid
- Kathy DeBoard, Kentucky

2019-08-10 2018 Heartland Cyclone 4115 View Listings

second year owning this camper. noticed signs of water intrusion under the master room slide. wall seems to be delaminating under the slides, heartland will do nothing to cover this factory defect. customer service is a joke. the campers are made to a very low standard. fit and finish is a joke. constantly fixing things that break or fall off in the interior of the rig. ill never buy another camper from this company. EVER! steer clear.
- gizmotek12, Maine

2019-07-31 2020 Heartland Cyclone 4007 View Listings

I love the RV size I am a big person there is enough room for me to move about in the RV, it pulls like a dream behind my F-350 dually with an Anderson hitch. quality well that is the one thing they left out when they built it we purchased our RV from a place in Michigan ( mistake no.1 ) purchased it sight unseen ( mistake no.2 ) Heartland makes a very nice looking RV but it lacks a lot of attention to final finishes splintered wood on trim ends and cabinet frames, loose plumbing fittings that will leak until you tighten them beyond finger tight.one of the cabinet doors was in three pieces on delivery ( delivered to my home in Texas from Michigan ) being from out of state i had no walk through, I did get a few owners manuals with the RV and a thumb Drive that was useless in set up or function of any moving part of this RV, the expensive upgrade electric awning failed the second time it was opened, the out door refrigerator quit inside of 4 months, the tv antenna is a complete joke unless you are very close to a big city, .The entire interior was filthy saw dust and splinters everywhere inside of the cabinets , under the bed in the storage compartments etc. the electrical outlet layout is pitiful at best there should be more user friendly outlets without the use of extension cords. its littered with USB charging outets but those are useless for laptops lamps or fans.Do not trust the markings in the closet meant to guide in drilling an exhaust port for a dryer I hit a framing member during my installation the decal said drill here dead center of an aluminum stud,fortunately I am a very seasoned construction worker and can compensate for Heartlands short comings in attaching things properly or rebuild things that fall apart before they are even used. I spent the better part of a years salary buying this Cyclone 4007 I believe I could have found a better built unit for less do your home work and get everything in writing the big warranty that is sold with these RV's are a waste of money dealers sell sell sell but when it comes to service service service they all seem to clam up and walk away. in my opinion most of the dealers are crooks and liars, sure there are some reputable ones out there but few and far between..... do your homework search for reviews on any deal you attempt to make dealer and unit manufacture. one more thing my 2019 $85,000 RV 6 months later is worth $60,000 in trade value yeah I'm stuck with it till it either falls apart completely or I can find somewhere that will give me something close to pay off on it in trade. ok kids school is out I hope you have learned something by reading this Rant !
- craig Hess, Texas

2019-07-08 2019 Heartland Cyclone 4005 View Listings

Bought new may 2019 first trip out to Alaska I’m so disappointed in this thing poor workmanship screw falling out every where had bath and half rear toilet plugged up first 5 days finely got unplugged had plug up two more times got too checking looks like hole never got cut opened about 1 inch I sold another trailer to buy poor quality build trailer I will never recommend this to anyone also the auto leveling worked first day hasn’t worked since
- Cecil Derrick , Texas

2019-06-05 2017 Heartland Cyclone CY 4250 View Listings

Purchased our toy hauler in 2017 and have had nothing but issues. Currently our whole living and kitchen floor is soft. Contacted our extended warranty company and they did a pressure test and said it was a manufactures defect. Heartland will take no responsibility for this. Called numerous times, sent pictures and even offered to drive the unit to them to be fixed. This is not the only issue we have had with the camper. We had to have both AC's replaced, the kitchen sink completely fell out, but all of this was replaced under our extended warranty thank goodness. However, now we are left with a $10,000 bill to replace the sub-flooring and flooring so we can use our camper. Needless to say we are getting a lawyer. Please do your research and check out other manufacturers. If Heartland will not stand behind and do what is right for their defects on a camper that costed over $75,000 do you really want to do business with them? Buyers please beware!!!!!!!
- Patti Paull, Texas

2018-11-11 2017 Heartland Cyclone 4100 View Listings

We love this rig could never say all the great features, normal issues as with any rv, The dealership we bought from tara something in Indiana SUCKED. Thank God the RV made up for crappy Dealership.
- mary aray, Florida

2018-10-17 2013 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King View Listings

One Owner, Purchased in Dec 2012, selling due to illness and can't travel any longer. It is financed thru Good Sams. It is a Toy Hauler with a 12' garage. Has not been in any accidents. Everything works and has been maintained IAW the Owners manual since new. The exterior has been washed and waxed regularly. Contact me and I will send a PDF file with all the installed options.
- Donald H. Severs, Florida

2018-09-06 2007 Heartland Cyclone 370C View Listings

I am the original owner of a 2007 cycle. It is of poor quality. The interior of the garage door is constructed with Luan, however, you cannot see this as it has a black cover over it. The base of the garage door, where the hinges attach, rot and you are left unable to open the door again because it will literally fall to the ground if you do. Worse part about this is that I am still paying for it for another four years. Spoke with representative from Heartland RV’s and was told that there is nothing they will do, won’t even send replacement parts. Definitely not worth what you pay for.
- Lynne , Connecticut

2018-08-17 2012 Heartland Cyclone 4014 View Listings

I liked the RV in general. Great toy hauler,well layed out. Needs better prints/diagrams/user manual. Be sure to join owners forum, you can download prints and information. Assembly of unit is very poor. No plans whatsoever to wiring and plumbing. Prints are inaccurate. You will need to install terminal strips at key locations and rewire for maintenance and troubleshooting purposes. Needs new engineering manager at the plant. I was supt. in engineering at a production mill and know what a quality installation looks like. Will have to ditch furniture in living room and buy your own. Other than that it's near the top of toy hauler choices.
- Michael Kay, Oregon

2018-06-26 2015 Heartland Cyclone 4200 View Listings

Purchased when it was 11 months old, have had it for 3 years now. Fridge has went out, washer also broke, generator has messed up 3 times, water pump broke after 2nd use. Inverter has broken 2 times, porches are rotten. Called factory they say that warranty doesn't cover, to contact the mfg of parts. Called the place about porches, got the answer that porches are water restraint not water proof. My back porch has never been down in the rain so that excuse doesn't work...
- Haley Exum, Louisiana

2018-05-20 2018 Heartland Cyclone 4005 View Listings

I have owned RV’s my whole adult life. I’m 61. My 2018 Cyclone is a pos concerning Quailty Fit and Finish and Cheap parts. The chassis is solid and it pulls nice, Brand New, inverter no good so battery died. 12 lights in bed room did not work. Tub drain leaked badly into storage area. Outdoor kitchen door frame not caulked leaked a lot of water in on floor, ruined cheap press board trim every where it touched had to be replaced. Every time we pull on a trip with Harley’s accross USA we have trim fall off inside. Tile back splash in kitchen feel off two areas. Large trim board top of biggest slide feel off. Light switch lever feel off. Rear awning broke 3rd use.All Decorative trim over windows in garage loose and ready to fall off. All three AC units failed had to be replaced 1 year old. Recliner couch falling apart. The transfer switch for generator caught fire, shorted out, ruined a brand new coffee pot, DVD player, fire place, charger for an electronic device, WiFi router. I could go on but you get the idea, total of 8 weeks in shin being fixed. One year old mind you. Rear toilet supply hose leaked all over the floor. It’s endless. I will never buy another Heartland product. Came with cheap tires on it, I purchased 6 Goodyear’s and replace brand new tires. I hope this helps someone not make the same mistake we made. At close to 100,000,00 dollars this ain’t funny a bit. The Onan gen set made in USA runs good. Most of the issues are Cheap press board used throughout RV, cheap parts, or sorry quality and poor workmanship.
- James A Posey, Florida

2018-05-20 2018 Heartland Cyclone 4005 View Listings

- James A Posey, Florida

2018-03-07 2017 Heartland Cyclone 4150 View Listings

I purchased a 2017 Cyclone 5th wheel, January 2017. It's has been in 2 different facilities for major repairs. Now, it's currently in the Heartland facility. I've cancelled trips and have not been able to plan new ventures. Two major problems, (1) leaking slide due to factory building caused significant water damage under linoleum, (2) table mounts drilled in flooring in the incorrect spot, have never used the table. Would have to pull entire linoleum up to correct that. And if that isn't enough, tanks build up pressure and have never drained properly. The list goes on and on... Guess what, now my 1 year warranty is up, and they only want to extend it 6 more months after they take my entire trailer apart and put it back together. Their quality of work is awful, and taking responsibility for their workmanship is even worse!
- JG, Florida

2018-03-07 2017 Heartland Cyclone 4150 View Listings

- JG, Florida

2018-02-09 2015 Heartland Cyclone 3110 View Listings

After you receive your Heartland Trailer don't expect any tech support from the factory. They will tell you anything you want to hear just so they can get off the phone. Now that they have your number they just don't pick up or stall sooo long that you give up. That being said, I sincerely think that "ALL" trailer manufactures are sorta that way. I have talked to lots of full timers that say the same about numerous manufactures. ?
- Steven Guthrie, Washington

2018-02-09 2015 Heartland Cyclone 3110 View Listings

- Steven Guthrie, Washington

2017-12-18 2017 Heartland Cyclone 3513 View Listings

From day one nothing but problems poor workmanship poor quality control never ever recommend heartland trailers to anybody that asked me went to RV show met representative from heartland told us a four seater razor would fit barely fits he duped us had to take front bumper off to make it fit I would never recommend this trailer to anybody Watch video of quality control in after getting it I don’t think they even looked at it generator didn’t work hydraulic jacks didn’t work refrigerator didn’t shut nothing but problems
- Tim, California

2017-11-13 2018 Heartland Cyclone 4200 View Listings

My wife is a traveling nurse so we purchased the camper to live in on the road. It pulls well behind a one run pic up. It is also very comfy and we love the side deck. We have had issues with it that have been a pain. We were told by the trailer seller in Muskegon Michigan we could call them if we needed help on the road which we did twice and got no response. Right off the bat both sinks leaked which I fixed.also I had to replace the gas cock because it leaked on our first trip. The awning on the side of the camper pulled out of the wall during the first few times we used it. This was a big deal because the manufacturer's screwed into the side wall with nothing solid to screw into. Very poor.also when we use the shower up front water leaks on the ground under the camper with no access in the floor to find the leak.still an issue. We hooked up cable tv for the first time and found the front tv's work but the back 2 do not. I had it tested by the cable company and there is no signal to them when he plugged in his tester.this means the lines are not connected under the floor somewhere and again no access. One of the fridge doors won't latch so we have to block while traveling. Overall many issues with workmanship and some design issues.we bought the camper in Muskegon Michigan April of 2017 from dealer. I would not buy another from them at this point.as soon as we signed the papers they didn't seem that interested in us anymore.They called my wife once to ask if we were happy with the camper and she told them she could not talk at the moment but we were having some problems she would like to talk about.they told her they call her back the next day which they never did. That was the first of 3 no return calls.
- Norm Arnie, Michigan

2017-09-21 2015 Heartland Cyclone 4150 View Listings

Bought the arctic package thinking that it was well insulated, not true, the upper ac unit could not keep the bathroom and bedroom comfortably cool even with them shut off and the other thing the unit was cooling. Discovered that there is no insulation in the attic area over the bedroom or bath when putting in an insulated/ reflective blanket in the skylight in the bathroom to try to reduce the amount of heat coming in around it. Water lines were not installed properly and had water leaks on both toilets due to hose clamps not being tight, toilets not being bolted down all the way and had to cut a hole in the closet wall to tighten hose clamps on water lines to the tub/shower because there was no access panel. The stove/oven had not worked properly since day one. The rollers in the bedroom slide have broken off 2 of the times we have used the camper, the last time resulting in the gasket/seal tearing and having to be replaced. The long couch was installed wrong and had to be taken out and installed in the correct location to make the slide work properly and not make a horrendous noise. If I could have gotten the room and floor plan that I have I would have bought a different brand had I known the poor craftsmanship and poor quality of materials used on the Heartland products.
- Kelli Fairris, Arkansas

2017-08-18 2017 Heartland Cyclone 3611JS View Listings

Long time 5th wheeler owner. My old Avion no longer met my needs, looked for toy hauler to replace it. Liked the floor plan on this model. But that's all I like. It's very cheaply built. Almost every trip something else breaks or comes loose. Sink falling down, improperly installed waste valve leak. Sliding door to garage area coming loose. Every valance in the living area has broken loose from the walls. Windows won't latch properly. Hydraulic motor pops breaker routinely. Original refrigerator wouldn't cool properly had to be replaced. Power to back up camera didn't work. dinette table legs not aligned with floor mounts. on and on and On. It spent 5 months at the dealer having things repaired the first 8 months I owned it. The balance is horrible. Weight on Axles is below max, but empty weight on hitch exceeds anything under a 1 ton dually. The only saving grace is the floor plan. It's nice. Electric switch placement is horrible. down low, not lit. have to bend down on your knees and have a flashlight to operate most electrical switches. Built in vacuum is in the middle of the single outside pass through storage so you have to climb into the tiny compartment to access it. It's just so poorly built it's amazing.
- S O, Texas