Heartland Bighorn Traveler RVs Reviews (13)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland Bighorn Traveler RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Wendy Heafner from North Carolina says:

Have you owned any Heartland Bighorn Traveler RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39FL View Listings

Day1:the bottom shower track was put on backwards. When shower water runs out not in. No insulation on pipes at all. Theres 1 small pipe thats thin and then the poop pipes are thick. Bedroom bathroom and kitchen not getting heat.
- Wendy Heafner, North Carolina

2019-10-14 2018 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39FL View Listings

The overall quality and workmanship are sub-standard. Some of the issues are due to design flaws. On our first trip, which was a shake down trip because we expected problems based on other RVer’s experiences. We found numerous small issues all related to workmanship and quality control, lose screws, extra hardware, pieces of wire, wood and metal chips. The big one was no heat in the bedroom. After getting to the back of the furnace I found that the Flex duct that runs to the main duct that runs the length of the trailer was not connected and also pinched under a wire bundle. Also the hole where the air goes into the duct was not completely cut out, it was a half moon, restricting air flow. Rerouted and reconnected the duct I also installed adjustable floor vents so I could force more hot air into the bedroom. There should be a fan in the duct to move the air the length of the trailer, the blower in the furnace isn’t powerful enough. Also the toilet seat was crooked and the pins that hold the toilet lid on kept coming out. Straighten the seat and then pended the end of the pins that hold the toilet lid on and tapped them in, 12,000 miles later they still haven’t come out. The recliners weren’t installed correctly. Took them out and reinstalled the correctly. The first day of our first real trip the control board on the refrigerator failed, wouldn’t run on gas. Contacted a local repairman and Dometic they shipped the repair part over night and paid part of the repair cost. About 500 miles later the plastic brackets holding the clothes rod broke dropping the clothes on the floor of the closet. Replaced the brackets with metal brackets. A couple thousand miles later on our trip the hot water tank quit working on AC power. Called local repair guy, he found a lose connection. After 5000 miles on the road the furnace quit working, it was our last night on the road so I got it fixed at the dealer at home. Heartland replaced the furnace under warranty. It took a while for it to get from Heartland, but not should if the dealer may not have been part of the cause. After about 9000 miles the closet clothes rod bent, dropping the clothes on the closet floor. Replaced it with a piece of galvanized pipe. The problem is a poor design, no middle support for the span of the rod. After about 10,000 miles all the tires started to go bad, started separating. Luckily no blow outs. Of course the OEM tires are just junk to begin with. Also after about 10,000 miles had an issue with the bedroom slide not wanting to go out or in. Would start then go crooked and stop. Called a local repairman, he showed me how to use the slide controller to override to get it in and out and to re-sync it. Also told us to hold the switch for the count of ten after it stops moving to allow the motors to sync up. There was a design issue with the over head vent fans, the one in the kitchen was not powered, the one in the bathroom was powered but you had to stand on something to operate them, a safety issue. I replaced them with remote controlled fans. This Issue was addressed in the newer model. AC in the living room runs a lot. Part of this issue is due to poor placement of the thermostat, it is next to the outside wall and a window. It is mounted on a cabinet wall with no insulation behind it so the heat from the outside wall is channeled into the cavity behind the thermostat. Need to place insulation in there to prevent the heat being channeled. Had poor AC air flow due to improper parts being used. Found out that the depth of the ceiling grills blocks a good portion of the duct. I cut down the depth of the grill, this increased the air flow. I also installed adjustable AC vents in the bedroom and bathroom. These improvements have worked well in 100 degree temps. Another design flaw, but this is in every trailer I have looked at is there needs to be a flush system in the grey tank, just like the black tank. As for the mattress, a piece of junk, replaced it. Heartland needs to have experienced RVer’s review their designs for flaws. They also need to improve their workmanship standards and quality control.
- Kenneth Hooks, Arizona

2019-10-02 2019 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39FL View Listings

Bought new in mY 2019 and have not had a chance to use it yet due to problems. Got it home, put levelers down. Put the slides out, kitchen slide out sounded like metal rubbing on metal. Went ahead and put some water in the tanks just to check pressure and water pump and hot water heater. Noticed water leaking outside and some on the inside. Took it back to the dealer they replaced the slide seal and advised water systems were all ok. I noticed that the tank drain was pointing up at an angle but got no comment from the advisor. Got it home, kitchen slide now creaking like wood on wood, roller was on top of new seal. Noticed cowling underneath by drain pipe was falling off. Took it back to dealer, fixed roller problem. Advised me that it would be unsafe to take home since the black water tank had detached, cracking pipes and could fall off on the highway. Advisor is working on getting warranty approval so we can take a trip the end of the month. I will update later. The ratings for warranty and livability are just a WAG till all is over and done.🤞
- Steve Larison, Florida

2019-09-29 2020 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39RK View Listings

This Rv is a 2020 bighorn. Me being almost 60 years of age and my 80 year old mom bought this thing thinking this was gonna be great. A different lifestyle . Ive already had to have a so called specialist come out and try and find a leak,,,going so far as to open my vacuum just to see if he could see the top of the tank. Wow. And now the commode leaks. Still have to find someone to look at that,,,oh yea and last night the flood light quit working . In the Rv park I am at I am the only idiot with a heartland product. Wonder why that is? People do your research . Buy a eagle or a reflection . Anything but a heartland product. Oh and for the service and warranty that you are supposed to have. They don't pay any service calls and they told me it was n operating error on this 60 year old lady. So I am not getting back the 400 dollars I spent on the leak. And the warranty guy Jeff Kersher is rude and so is the other guy I spoke with. His first name was Justin . Do your research people and thank you. Next stop is sending channel 5 news an email
- Holly, Texas

2019-09-29 2018 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39RD View Listings

I love the RV i live in it all the time. Where i bought it is the problem.I told them i would be living in it all the time and no way to bring it in for warranty work, they told me no problem.They told me to buy an extended warranty and it would be no problem.I had a few problems with it and they told i had to bring it in. Everything that happened i paid for.All they did was lie,and i will never go back to that Dealer again.
- Roger McHone, North Carolina

2019-09-27 2016 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 3750FL View Listings

We currently have a Big Horn 3750FL. Camped with it on weekends then lived in it full time in Nashville. Very roomy, comfortable and has every entity you can imagine. Classy and elegant inside. Relatively easy to drive. No issues at all and highly rate this fifth wheel.
- Rick Sterling, Kentucky

2019-08-25 2018 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 32RS View Listings

We were looking for an RV floorplan that we could live in for a couple of years. We loved this plan but were shocked with all the problems we had right off the bat. We have had quite a few RV's and none have had anywhere near the problems. These are almost all factory problems. Heat ducts not attached so no air blowing out, horrible water leak down the inside back from the rubber roof so the whole rear had to be removed and roof resealed, lots of misc plumbing leaks, TV antenna wired incorrectly, lots of loose trim pieces, couch spring sprang after just a couple of weeks, carpet was not sewn into trim so it frayed and had to be replaced. These were all in the first few months and unit had been parked the whole time. There have been issues constantly. The first few months the dealer had it more than we did and we were living in it which is very costly when you have to be staying somewhere else all the time. We felt Heartland should have replaced the unit but they wouldnt consider it and after talking to a couple of other owners who have also had similar issues, it wouldnt have done any good cause they are just made poorly. We cant afford to trade it in so hubby spends lots of time coming up with ways to improve on their shoddy workmanship. We are planning a vacation but are so scared to take this thing on the road. This has been a real heartbreaker. We retired and were looking forward to doing some traveling and this unit has spoiled our whole first year. BUYER BEWARE! I dont know about any other years or Bighorns but this one is total trash.
- Sheryl Brooks, Kansas

2019-07-12 2018 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39MB View Listings

Love this fifth wheel, perfect amount of space for a family of 4. We upgraded the bed and installed a washing machine. We haven’t had any major issues but common things such as seals not being tightened and little fixable things. Other than that, the fifth wheel has been a wonder to live in.
- Rachel Merriman, Arizona

2019-07-07 2018 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39FL View Listings

Lemon, bad, falling apart, multiple times in shop since drive off sales lot. All 4 tires had to be replaced, tread started coming off, air conditioner, furnace fan, screws exterior falling out, lights flickering on slide, closet rod falls down with clothes on it. Replaced mattress, it was paper thin. Back exit window lock broke, opens when traveling. Shade fell down, want stay up. Shower door lock falls off, just goes on and on. Bought new, thought this brand was a good one. Price was way to high for all that we have bad to repair, replace. Now 1 year warranty us out. Big Lemon Bighorn RV
- Deborah Brasher, Texas

2019-06-27 2018 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39FL View Listings

We purchased our bighorn traveler 39fl in August 2018, we absolutely love the floor plan and we have taken 3 trips in it so far, 2 short weekend trips and just got back from our 3rd trip which was a 2 week cross country trip and put 3200 miles on it this trip alone, now even though we love the floor plan I’m beginning to wander about the quality! I took it in to a dealer probably a month after we bought it due to slide seal completely detached at the top, front air conditioner would randomly cycle on and off repeatedly for 15-20 minutes, toilet lid falls off, and missing sealer along the roof trim. They fixed everything no problem that time. pulled it out of my storage barn this spring to clean the roof and get it ready for summer, noticed sealer missing around all the clearance lights so I took it upon myself to remove each one and apply silicone sealant to the back side of them and then reinstall them, couldn’t believe they did such a crappy job on such a basic thing as sealing the lights which over time would have caused water damage. Now just got back from our cross country trip and it’s back at the dealer. This time 1 of the front slides hangs up and won’t come out, takes 1 person pushing on the slide and 1 person pushing the button, front A/C still not working right, refrigerator has shifted or something in the cabinet and now you can’t open one of the doors all the way because it’s hitting the cabinet, and the awning has pulled loose from the outside wall! Never even used the awning on this trip! So far the dealer I take it to has been great and is trying to fix my problems but I have not had any of these repairs completed yet so we will see. Just not sure what to think of the quality if I’m having the issues with a brand new unit and only 3 trips on it, scares me a little. I understand everything has problems time to time but to have so many In less than a year, I just hope they can get it fixed with no reoccurring issues.
- Chris Key, Oklahoma

2019-02-28 2018 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39FL View Listings

From the day i bought this unit it has had all kinds of electrical issues. After several ruined vacations and things filling the unit with smoke several times Campers world discovered that the power cord had a hot neutral. So heartland requested the cord back for testing, that is to be excepted. But wait HEARTLAND DOES NOT TEST ANYTHING. They send the defective cord or ie part to the manufacture of the part to say yes or no good or bad. So in this case if the cord manufacture says its bad they assume 8k worth of damage. When the cord was at heartland i asked for the cord to be marked so if or when the cord tests good we can get it back, Nope we don't do that either. so here we are today Heartland says that the the cord is good all claims denied. At first they said it was a loose wire. When campers world said ok that is a defect and should be covered the story changed. Now its i took a power surge 3 different times at 3 different locations with a surge arrester on the rv. NOT POSSIBLE At this moment campers world is trying to do what they can and i have a 65000 dollar rv that is broken and Heartland wont do the right thing to fix it. STAY AWAY FROM HEARTLAND THE WILL NOT DO THE RIGHT THING.
- David Montejunas , Florida

2018-12-10 2018 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39FL View Listings

Our shower track is on backwards, water is coming from under island, black and gray tanks labeled wrong and handles are wrong. NO HEAT in bedroom or bathroom. We live in this full time. We are 5 days in. Cant shower or do dishes.I called heartland Alan says" we dont pay mobile repair but will pay parts" YET THIS IS HOW IT CAME FROM THE FACTORY! SO THAT WARRANTY PROMISED IS TOTAL BS! I am not pleased about this nor will i ever indorse Heartland! After paying 90grand for your product its something we cant use until its fixed. Now i have to tow it to a dealer to verify that my camper has the issues i say wait for them to contact heartland to get paid and order parts or pay a moblie repair guy 2x and lose out on that $. Yet yall sent it from the factory this way. I cant believe this! Well yeah i can...
- wendy heafner, North Carolina

2018-09-16 2018 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39FL View Listings

We purchased what was supposed to be a 2019 Bighorn 39FL. It seems likely now that we and the bank have a 2018. We had it delivered. Immediately we found a major issue with the trailer. The under belly of the trailer under the front living area filled up with water. The under belly is screwed on and it appears that it is not sealed. The very front of the under belly is simply tucked up into itself and is not screwed or sealed. The water issue has caused buckling on the kitchen floor and the dining room lighting has gone out. Since the problem was discovered within two days of receiving the trailer we contacted the dealership and manufacturer. They both seem disinterested in a potential design flaw of the sale and/or the sell of a defective product.
- Phillip Watkins, Texas