Heartland Bighorn

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland Bighorn RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Melody Thomas from Arizona says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS View Listings

This was such a shocking experience! The quality of the rig was extremely poor. The front door was warped. There was a leak in the basement that couldn't be found. The mode switch on the refrigerator did not work so you could not switch to propane operation. The auto level function did not work properly. The rubber seal on the kitchen slide came out. The metal hose in the shower left a mark on the wall. There was no switch to put the hot water heater on propane although it was plumbed for propane. There were paint stains on the steps, the handle, and the outer window by the steps. There were also design flaws that indicated the RV was designed by a NON RVer. The control panel was behind a door that opened the the wrong way. The fuse panel was low with a door that opened up that required you to lay on the floor to see the panel. An outlet on the island was placed so that any plugs for appliances had to cross in front of the drawer. There was no faucet in the shower, no toilet paper holder, and no shower bar in the bathroom. The exterior decals were sloppy and had gaps. The directions for the auto leveler were on the top of a door that opened up making the reader assume a kind of limbo position to read it. After six weeks, we traded the rig in for another model.
- Melody Thomas, Arizona

2021-09-15 2015 Heartland Bighorn 3750RL View Listings

We bought it new .Day one one cabinet door it fell off ,nail almost going through the roof that’s the first day. Awning had to be replace,stove pilot light quit working,all 4 shocks leak,power cord had to be replace almost cause a fire all plastic on furniture coming off. That’s the beginning .Many other things to write about. I will never buy another Heartland product. I had some junky trailers before this and the were better.
- Miles, Iowa

2021-08-27 2011 Heartland Bighorn 3070RL View Listings

There’s not much bad that I can report on our RV. It’s very spacious, well planned and is out together with higher end finishes. Ours is a 50amp unit with only one A/C and it cools very well. I’m sure there is wire in the fan in the bedroom to add another a/c. The fireplace is usually all we need to heat so I take it it’s well insulated. Ten years in and our cooling unit failed in the refrigerator so I’m replacing it with an Amish cooling unit made better and cools better. Overall we are very happy with it and would recommend it to anyone.
- Duane Ireland, California

2021-08-20 2020 Heartland Bighorn 3375SS View Listings

Nothing but issue after issue, first the furnance would not work properly had to replace the thermostat and the board, water heater leaked , thermostat in bedroom ac is crap, the ac got stuck wouldn't turn off, delamination on slide out in dining area no water intrusion, heartland does not want to warranty, something has popped up on the roof, ( perhaps a screw), have a couple of random spots on the other slide where tv is, no water intrusion, random leaks, ( have always checked lines), the monitor panel is nothing but crap -will not retract the slides,have to use the app to do so, the service rep at heartland isn't very helpful, and when you call the other reps state your rep is off today etc. black tank valve well it wont shut all the way, gray tank 1 will not shut all the way, trying to order parts to take it in for warranty and heartland expects me to let the panel down underneath for pictures of the parts they need, hall lights went out within first month, jacks constantly make a flipping popping sound, within the first 90 days the caulking was junk. the ac in the living room, the 4 vents by it doesn't blow out much air at all. The side shade, shade by dining area and the shade behind the loveseat decided not to work again, you have to manually roll them up, except the one that the screen will not stay down on. have had this less than a year now
- Amy, Alabama

2021-08-15 2019 Heartland Bighorn 3870FB View Listings

Loved the look and large bathroom but within 2 years have replaced almost EVERYTHING. Very expensive, after paying new! So disappointed! It's been 3 years and we're still experiencing problems. And when I say everything I mean everything!
- Beth, Oklahoma

2021-08-02 2021 Heartland Bighorn 3120RK View Listings

Where to start, So my brother owns a heartland dealership and I got a great deal on this rig and I understand that when you haul a house down the road things are going to break. With that being said, our black tank and gray tank broke their straps and were loose underneath the RV. We were told that neither tank was mounted correctly The mounting brackets were installed upside down. It only took a week for us to get this thing fixed because my brother owns the dealership, but we only had RV for a month then it was practically unlivable. Black tank physically became disconnected. Other things we're just small items, TV in the living room picks up half the over the air channels as the one in the bedroom I haven't figured that one out yet, saying is they use the same antenna kind of weird. The DVD player doesn't work pretty sure they left the storage screws in it. The audio system is so confusing that in order to use it you have to have the manual in front of you and even then some of the pass-through HDMI stuff doesn't work as advertised. TV in the living room has five HDMI inputs hooked up no idea where they come from or where they go. It does have a ton of storage though and it's very comfortable. We've had no problems with tires as we have a TPMS system but I think most people who complain about tires blowing out are driving too fast on them. Trailer tires only rated at like 65-70 mph anything above that and you risk them flying apart. We have had problems with the auto level staying engaged, You keep having to push the button about every 10 seconds until it's done. My brother's shop gave me a breaker to put in we'll see..... Otherwise we're happy with it but it's also a lot cheaper built than I expected I can't imagine what a unit that is lesser quality is made like and considering bighorn is in the same league as landmark this is concerning...
- Pat Reeves, Missouri

2021-07-09 2015 Heartland Bighorn 42FL View Listings

We bought this pos new and had nothing but trouble with it. Front slide broke on first trip and almost fell out while moving, shower glass shattered, wrong door on inside cabinet, no header on bedroom door, black water tank fell loose because of cheap straps $900 to repair, siding delaminating Fireplace fell out, not attached to wall. Refrigerator not properly attached. Plus many little problems. Customer service at plant sucks so called corporate they contacted Heartland who told us to email all the problems. No matter how many times I tried they "never received it". I will never buy anything from them again.
- Joan Burnor, North Carolina

2021-07-01 2013 Heartland Bighorn 3585RL View Listings

We like this 5th wheel. This is our 4th trailer, 2nd 5th wheel. The is lots of storage, the 6 point auto level is wonderful. The power reel for the electrical hook up is nice. We also like the 12 cu ft frig. The power awning is easy to use. We bought it used so we did not access any factory support. We did go to one Heartland Rally. We like the integrated black water tank flush system. The factory rep was interesting to talk with about the Heartland product line.
- E. Parker, Michigan

2021-06-11 2018 Heartland Bighorn 3010RE View Listings

We traded in our new 2018 Keystone Cougar Half Ton Towable, for this 2018 Bighorn 3010. The difference was noticeable, as we had many rinky dink problems with the Cougar from the get go. The Bighorn has issues as well...we take it offroad, but overall, a better rig, with higher quality, and less worries. Overall, after talking to many owners, new RV's, in general, are poorly made and one can expect issues sooner than later. Inspect, inspect, inspect...before you buy ! Once your off the lot...your totally forgotten !
- paul safady, Oregon

2021-05-06 2009 Heartland Bighorn 3055RL View Listings

Great Rv It Never let me down Always Warm even in the coldest of temperatures. All The creature comforts of Home That you could ever desire. Living Never was So easy As it was when the rv was out being enjoyed
- Tom Johnson, Michigan

2021-03-22 2013 Heartland Bighorn 3585RL View Listings

This is more about the dealership and what kind of business they have !! We had a blow out (I see on the reviews that this is a common problem, This is the second one we have had to do major repairs on)on Bighorn Camper in May of 2019. We took the camper to Jolly Rogers RV (that was the name of the business at the time) Now called Bish's RV in Cheyenne, WY. for the repairs. We were told the camper would be ready in August 2019. We also wanted to have some decals on the side replaced so the camper would still look good. We have dealt with the business being bought out and 2 managers and three service technicians and the repairs were done from the blowout. One fender is plastic and the other is metal. A phone call to me would have had us replacing them both to match. This all happened amidst the Corona Virus and I understand that was an issue BUT the decals on the camper were never changed out AT ALL but we were charged for them. We were told the decals were no longer available and that they would have to be custom made. The camper has been in a garage the whole time we have owned it other than when it was used (1-2 times a year for one week at a time). The exterior of the camper is not the same as when we took it to them. It was outside the whole two years and it shows wear and tear from being outside. NEVER a phone call as to show the progress that was being done on the camper. NO MANAGER CALLED OR SERVICE TECHNITION NO CALLS AT AT. I was the one calling numerous times per day, week to check on the progress. I got a text from the service department to say the camper was ready to go, I called and told them we would be there to pick it up on Saturday when I went to pick it up I was told it was road ready. The tires all had to have air put in them and none of the caps were put back on, the camper was NOT road ready to go and they had a week to get it done, for all the time the camper was there it should have been ready. It was the worst experience I have dealt with for camper repairs and communication I have ever dealt with. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR BUSINESS FOR NO COMMUNICATION AND NO FOLLOW THROUGH ON BOTH THE OWNERSHIPSHIP,MANAGERS AND THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT.
- Harry Corkle, Colorado

2021-01-24 2020 Heartland Bighorn 3995FK View Listings

High gloss sidewalls with upgraded vinyl graphics and logo badge on front cap Overhead entry door light strut assisted entry door with deeper top step at entry Automotive LED turn signals and lights Rear and side security camera prep Rear ladder 2˝ Accessory receiver Patent pending front cap design for short bed trucks allowing for tighter turning radius Large insulated slam latch baggage doors 110V exterior electrical receptacles Battery disconnect in main basement Universal docking station with all hookups, dump valves, flush, cable/sat, shower and winterization Three separate kitchen surface workspaces for superior kitchen flow (most floor plans) 100% maple hardwood cabinetry and fascia in dynamic new black and tan two-tone package Spa baths with solid surface sinks, marble look shower, removable shower head and teak wood seat Cushioned woven flooring on slide out floors; anti-microbial and attractive In-house constructed vacuum-bonded laminated main and upper deck floors
- simon, California

2021-01-16 2007 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL View Listings

Our Heartland Bighorn exceeded our expectations in every respect and we've owned several RV's. Even after 10 years not a single thing broke or had to be repaired. We were full-timers for over a year. Heartland excels in quality and reliability.
- ddsburke2201, California

2020-12-18 2020 Heartland Bighorn 3375SS View Listings

I would highly recommend looking at a different brand. Given they are all built like junk in my opinion this takes the cake. I have had nothing but problems with this 5th wheel since day one. Blown hydraulic line from factory. Bad fridge sensor(constantly thinking the door was open and triggered alarm). Two leaking water lines. Above the powered recliners the ceiling decided to separate pulling all the staples with it. Mind you the staples used to staple paper together are bigger. Nothing but junk materials used on this. We also had our grey water tank #2 valve stop working, zero clog the cable used to open it came disconnected. All of these issues have happened within 3.5 months of owning it.
- Riley, New Hampshire

2020-10-19 2012 Heartland Bighorn 3670RL View Listings

We bought this 5th wheel because of Heartland's reputation for quality and service we compared this floor plan to another manufacturers model with this same floor plan the fit and finish of the Heartland was superior to the other manufacturer. The first time we used this RV we discovered just how easy site setup is once unit is onsite it takes approximately 15 minutes to completely set it up and start relaxing. We especially like the lay out of the kitchen lots of storage and lots of counter top space for meal preparation. The living room is spacious with a queen hide a bed and two rocker recliners and the elec. fireplace is especially nice on cooler evenings it give off that nice ambience of a fire and it also heats the livingroom and kitchen area very well. We also really like the the 60" shower has plenty of room it has a molded seat and glass doors. The bedroom has a super comfortable residential king size bed, has its own a/c unit and TV. Closet goes completely across the nose of the unit with washer and dryer hookups. We also love the huge basement storage area. The black water tank has a rinsing system that works really well. It has cable tv hookup and land line phone hookup.
- Rick Bay, Indiana

2020-09-21 2018 Heartland Bighorn 370FL View Listings

I was hoping spending 70k for a fifth wheel it would be a good one. But it has really disappointed us. The body has cracked by the back slideout, the laminated surface is separated in 5 spots right now. We have just put 1500 in side out maintenance on all 5 slides.and heartland won't give us a answer. It is 2 and a half years old. And it is going down hill fast. What a piece of crap.
- Steve Wilson, Ohio

2020-08-18 2017 Heartland Bighorn 3970RD View Listings

I have had the opportunity to live in this unit for just under 1 year and I must admit, the experience has been fantastic. This unit is basically a 450 sqft. condo on wheels. We moved out of a larger home into this unit and it's been great. I recommend going mobile to anyone, especially if you have a rig like this.
- Tim Merrill, Florida

2020-08-15 2016 Heartland Bighorn 3750FL View Listings

Just discovered the floor has rot in the front and rear storage compartments. Leo’s RV (MD) dealer tells me it’s my problem. I take pride in maintaining my rig it’s very disappointing to have to deal with this issue. Makes no sense why this is not a manufacturer issue.
- Charle Bealefeld , Delaware

2020-08-04 2015 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS View Listings

We purchased a 2015 Heartland 3270RS Bighorn new off the lot after we had looked at them in RV Shows. We fell in love with the floor plan and the durability of the coach. We have had few problems like bedroom slide not operating correctly but after taking it to the dealer and they could not figure out what was wrong as it never did it again, we experienced the same issue once again and I self diagnosed the problem as a loose twisted wire with a wire nut that was not very well secure making intermediate contact. (Fixed) Slide toppers are after market so I can't fault the manufacture but the dealer did a poor job of installation. The biggest problem we have had is a crack in the fireglass above the rear slide toward the front of the coach, it ends up being a weld within the frame of the RV that has come unwelded, we had to have the slide removed, and internal walls disassembled to re-weld the aluminum weld, and then have the fiberglass repaired, we thought that after a $6,000 bill it was behind us well, the crack has re-appeared but the shop we had to work done warratines the work so its back into the shop again to see what the repair will be. I contacted Heartland but they did not return my requests for reimbursements of the repairs. When you purchase a high end RV you expect it to be of good quality and will last a long time, 5 years is not a long time, we don't manhandle our RV and do not take it off road so it was unexpected that we have a crack in the fiberglass, it needs to be repaired or it would lead to water infiltration and then delamination. I am happy with the RV as it is the right size and comfort for us but the high cost of repairs puts a pinch in our enjoyment of our travels wondering what will break next.
- Russell McFall, Texas

2020-07-11 2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS View Listings

We have had nothing but problems from the first day. Took the rv back and nothing was done to repair the rv. If we could we would get another. But living full on ss not able. We tell people never buy a homeland rv.
- ronny lee, Texas

2020-05-29 2019 Heartland Bighorn 3950FL View Listings

What a horrible experience! The dealership we bought our brand new $80,000 rig from has failed to support the product. Our cupboard wood is all delaminating at the floor because nothing was sealed, so it absorbes water or what we use to clean the floor with. The door has been and remains nearly impossible to open and close because it gets stuck and has since the day we bought it. Our kitchen sink has leaked since day one and is still leaking. None of the wood work was well finished and even our cabinet tops are uneven. We were told that Big Horns were quality rigs for live-in models, at this point, I wish we'd have bought the Montana.
- Wendy , Montana

2020-05-27 2017 Heartland Bighorn 3160EL View Listings

This has been an excellent vehicle. We purchased it to travel for business and have used it in four Southwest States. It is 4 Season rated so we have had a great experience with the air conditioning and heating systems. No issues. This coach is set-up very much like our living room at home and is just as comfortable when we are on the road with reclining massage and heat chairs. Fireplace is a great addition to both the look and the comfort while traveling. It doubles as a space heater. I like to cook so I had plenty of storage, full size sink and 3 gas burners along with an oven and convection microwave. The bathroom is a comfortable size and has everything you need. The bedroom has a walk in closet with more storage than we every used and the space is very comfortable for 2 people. Overall the finishes and design of this coach are much nicer than many we looked at and is reasonably priced for all of the amenities.
- Chrystie Adams, California

2020-05-20 2015 Heartland Bighorn 3755FL View Listings

This has been a great RV to us for the past 6 years. This is our 2nd Heartland. We have camped in hot Texas weather and cold Minnesota weather with no issues keeping comfortable. We would recommend this unit.
- Tammy Swanner, Texas

2020-05-15 2013 Heartland Bighorn 3855FL View Listings

The living room is on the top and bedroom in the back and we always have the best views from the bedroom when camping. Never needed a cooler for food as everything fits in the refrigerator and freezer. The auto levelers are just so easy to setup camp and we never had to sweep leaves off the slides because of the awnings. The extra insulation is why we bought this rv and the fans to pull in fresh air. This rv is loved and well cared for.
- Angela , California

2020-03-26 2015 Heartland Bighorn 3160EL View Listings

Absolutely the worst purchase I have ever made. I would be hard pressed to come up with any item on the trailer that has not needed repair. I travel extensively with the unit and each time out there are multiple malfunctions with the unit. The service from the dealer and manufacturer is non existent,therefore I have to perform all my own repairs. This trailer should have been driven of the dealers lot and place permanently on a concrete slab.
- garystoychoff, Wisconsin