Heartland Big Country RVs Reviews (22)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland Big Country RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

John Avent from Alabama says:

Have you owned any Heartland Big Country RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Heartland Big Country 3070RE View Listings

I purchase my Big Country 14 months ago. My wife and I have enjoyed our RV and have found it very comfortable. The issue is I was washing my Big Country and notice a wavy look above both cogo hatches. I took it to the RV dealership we purchase our unit. After careful inspection the service tech said the fiberglass siding has delamination from water damage. The cost for the repairs will be $7,000. I have no choice but pay for the repairs because it's 2 months out of warranty. I will not buy another Heartland product.
- John Avent, Alabama

2019-11-18 2018 Heartland Big Country 3310QSCK View Listings

We love our RV, however we took it home after purchase and put the slides out and there was a gouge in the flooring, contacted our dealership and they tried for over 5 months to get approval to fix/replace it, along with other warranty work, I called Heartland service several times and it did not help,finally since we only live a couple hours from the factory we called for them to fix it, of course they were booked up, however they had another service center they suggested we take it to, we did and Heartland still didn't want to approve the work. We love our Big Country but will never by a Heartland product,
- Rose Lester, Ohio

2019-09-20 2017 Heartland Big Country 4010RD View Listings

We Love our Big Country 4010RD very much, We bought it New, Picked it up 3 Weeks after it was built. We did have some Issues, about 13 factory defaults within our first year. Heartland did a great job with assisting us with all of them. Sent parts to me and also to the dealers who worked on our RV. We feel that they need to improve the fireplace, we and many other RVers we encountered went through multiple fireplaces. I also feel that they should give a 2 year warranty and not just a one year. One of my big complaints about the building of this 4010RD is that I do not agree that they put a large A/C unit on the front that makes the height 13'6" the max any RV can be. They should put a Low Profile A/C on all that would be close to 13'6".. That would give us maybe 6 inches lower clearance then we are now. I do think that the builders need to be a little more focused on paying attention to details. Another design flaw is the sewer drain, it is to low to the ground, I had to get mine lifted about 6 inches, I almost broke mine off, it was about 5 inches off the ground. Also almost 90% of the screws in our RV were not put in straight. More Quality control in the building of Heartland campers. We are on our third year and have broken in our RV, we have had very little problems now, like moldings coming loose, LED lights going out. plastic part on windows are breaking off. Need to make these part metal especially being Full time RVs. I would have made some requests if I were to buy new again, A/C would have been replaced with a low profile A/C. The Tires would be G rated tires like the ones we have, Sailun tires, they are great tires. Have had no issues with them. Make sure all lights in and out are all LED.
- Mark Schuttler, Nevada

2019-07-04 2018 Heartland Big Country 3155RLK View Listings

Absolutely love this RV. It's functional, beautiful and truly feels like a luxury RV. Only minor issues with a brand new RV. Easily fixed and super support from manufacturer. We just love everything about this RV and enjoy camping in it.
- DEBI7158, Michigan

2019-01-02 2019 Heartland Big Country 3902FL View Listings

We bought this RV at [dealer] in Cleaburne TX. Our mistake first does not have adequate heat. Within the first week we were using the fireplace furnace and electric heater to keep warm. Sold to us with a bad inverter and a dead battery we had to fight with the dealer over fixing just inverter and battery. When we made the first payment to the bank it was in the shop. They did not fix the heat I called heartland Corp 2 weeks later finally they found someone to take a look at the furnace. We then came back to PA After I spoke with someone at corporate about fixing the other things needing corrected on a 2019 they gave me the dealerships name closest to me and they don’t do warranty work. Called another dealer they don’t do warranty work because it wasn’t bought there. So I called corporate back and they are aware of dealerships not working on units they didn’t sell. I was even agreeable to being this unit to [dealer] (8hrs from me) and was told no they are booked to the end of the year. Heartland does not stand behind their product at all! I gave them one star for warranty only because I had too!This is not our first heartland but it will be our last!
- Cindy shaffer , Pennsylvania

2018-11-14 2011 Heartland Big Country 3450TS View Listings

This 5th wheel was just what we were looking for. Large amount of inside room to relax on a cold night but fantastic insulation! Plenty of space in the kitchen to prepare a gourmet meal and a huge king sized bed. Washer/Dryer ready and TONS of storage space. Pulls very nice!
- Lisa, Arizona

Verified Owner

2018-08-31 2012 Heartland Big Country 3250TS View Listings

We bought this unit new in 2012 and the quality of construction materials are some of the best we have seen. Layout and storage are awesome. Large basement pass thru with heat, cabinets above the couch and swivel rockers. We really enjoyed the rear living room with large windows that gave us great views at the lake and the coast. We have had as many 15 family members eating dinner in this Big Country at the same time (hard to believe but true). This unit is a dream to pull, you hardly know it’s there. I can load it by myself in less than 5 minuets. The remote allows you to raise and lower the jacks from inside your truck and you just back up to connect. Very easy. You can turn over 180 degrees so easily turns in tight spaces. Inside and out this still looks like a new trailer.
- Randy Rosin, Oregon

2018-06-25 2015 Heartland Big Country 3650RL View Listings

Purchased in Sept 2015 we were going to retire but that isn't happening. Over the past 2 years we have done long weekend camping trips but living in Florida we don't have far to go to have beauty on the river for camping, kayaking & fishing thus the incredibly low miles on this unit. This unit is built extremely well. Solid real wood cabinetry inside, a ridiculous amount of storage inside and out. It is large & comfortable enough to live in as a permanent home and or its drivability allows for long trips which was our initial reason for purchasing. It is a limited edition so has all the bells & whistles.
- Steven Homan, Florida

2018-04-18 2014 Heartland Big Country 3251TS View Listings

This is our 2nd fifth wheel and we were amazed from the day we took it home how well it tows. It doesn't chuck at all...our previous did...and that was with a standard pin box. We ordered ours and it only had some cosmetic issues examples are one of the dinette chairs had a short leg and we felt the sofa cushions weren't wearing well...Heartland customer service is excellent...they replaced both with no questions asked. What's great about Heartland is you can work with them directly rather than just through a dealer. This model is very residential-like...lots of kitchen cabinets, a large center island, large entertainment center, sofa and recliners and lots of walking space in the living area. The bath is great as well because it has a lot of storage and a Mega bath shower. We also like that the kitchen and bath are fully accessible when the slide-outs are in making travel so much better.
- Theresau, Michigan

2018-03-01 2014 Heartland Big Country 3650RL View Listings

As with any new RV, you can expect to find a few bugs, and I found my dealer and Heartland slow to make repairs and ship parts. Unit tows great. After 15 months, all E range tires failed. Replaced them with G range at my expense. After 18 months, 2 springs failed. Replaced with 4k springs at my expense that fixed problem. Frig 1K inverter failed at 20 months. Replaced with 2K. Now for 2 years unit is great. Just did a 6000 mile trip FL to CA and back with zero issues. No furniture or appliance issues at all. Coach is sound. Everything works. I would rate this coach 4 of 5 overall.
- TOM BAILEY, Florida

2017-11-15 2012 Heartland Big Country 3690SL View Listings

While almost 'all' RV's are 'not' built to top-flight standards (IMHO), ours has turned out to be 'better than average' and I have no serious complaints about it - other than - the water lines were clamped together with 'weak' clamps that I had to replace (completely) to eliminate constant water leaks. Anyone buying a 5th wheel NEW OR USED would be well advised to checkout their water lines and how they are connected and clamped.
- DeWayne Hasty, Oklahoma

2017-09-07 2012 Heartland Big Country 3510RL View Listings

Never again Two blown hydraulic hoses under bed, fridge can't keep anything frozen much less cold, delamination in several places, constant water lines leaking, two windows have leaked, cheapest carpet made, poor quality workmanship, needs a new ladder, manufacture can not guarantee what ladder was put on it, propane hose rupture, hot water element went out, air mattress leaked first use (at seams). Manual is useless, you would think they could make it model specific. Toilet valve failed, drawers will not stay in during travel, finish coming off cabinets. Wiring behind main panel looks as if it's cheap Chinese extension cord ( looks like a rats nest). In general you can tell they don't care how it's put together as long as it stays together long enough to unload it on the consumer. Hoping to find a low bridge somewhere.
- Kurt, Oklahoma

2017-08-15 2012 Heartland Big Country 3250TS View Listings

Purchased because I liked the floor plan and bought the company's hype about their floor manufacturing process. However, this is one poorly built trailer. The hardware is cheap and as one begins to repair things it becomes apparent Heartland uses many ridiculously shoddy construction techniques. The ducts for the ac really don't work ... don't be fooled; there's almost no air flow. Our servicing dealer has even expressed multiple concerns about Heartland's manufacturing. Wouldn't recommend any of their products.
- Allan Sunbury, Oklahoma

2017-08-15 2017 Heartland Big Country 3950 FB View Listings

Purchased 5/5/17, and have only had use of it for 12 days. Warranty work requested being denied and ignored by Heartland and dealer The floor was damaged and refrigerator has not worked from day 1. Have $53,000 invested in this and unable to use it all summer.
- Ron Robson, Virginia

2017-08-14 2014 Heartland Big Country 3650RL View Listings

We bought our RV in November 2014. When we first took it out to the smokies the ac in front went out! We had it replaced. When we got back the new one went out had to be replaced again! Of course it was under warranty. It was still very inconvenient for summer time. We have had three blow outs. Even after having our tires checked out befor leaving. The first blow out took off the part of camper that covers the wheels. Next trip we had two blowouts! Needless to say I'm very disappointed in the workmanship. Almost forgot almost every cabinet has come off hinges in one place. It looks like we have crooked cabinets!
- Paula joiner, Oklahoma

2017-04-15 2015 Heartland Big Country 3900FLP View Listings

We purchased this RV April of 2015 because we really liked the features. Lots of slam door storage, excellent floor plan, two entrance doors, fold down deck with 6 foot sliding glass patio doors, heated tanks and the list goes on! It tows wonderfully, although we have only pulled it short of 2k kilometers in 2 years. Our truck is only a HD 3/4 ton and while it is up to the job on calm days we did not want to move the unit much. The only beef we have is with the way the manufacturer handles the warranty. We recognize that any new unit is going to have issues, but it took us almost 2 years to get the deficiencies repaired to our satisfaction. That was after literally 100's of emails and dozens of phone calls to Heartland! We simple love this RV, but sad to say, we would never purchase a Heartland RV again!
- Paul Martin, Alberta

2017-04-14 2011 Heartland Big Country 3450TS View Listings

Very roomy, comfortable great for full time or comfortable getaways! So many extra comforts on this model! Great for two people who want to feel at home on the road. The king size bed, full size closet and washer dryer sold me.
- Gina , Montana

2016-12-15 2015 Heartland Big Country 3950FB View Listings

ref. never worked replaced with ele. myself air cond.quit replaced by dom.black water and grey water holding take fell out fixed myself when it rains so loud you cant hear tv air cond. so loud you cannt hear tv. would not by big country again.....
- gary aldridge, Missouri

2016-10-13 2013 Heartland Big Country 3650RL View Listings

This was our 1st 5th wheel and we simply love it. Very few issues in the four years of ownership. All minor issues have been quickly resolved by our dealer and the only major issue (frame flex) was professionally repaired at Heartland's service facility at their cost even though the warranty was long expired. Would definitely buy another Heartland product.
- Alan, Ontario

2016-08-18 2012 Heartland Big Country 3650RL View Listings

Worst RV I have ever owned, leaking water pipes, paint/ stain coming off cabinet doors, leather chairs that the leather peeled off in first year. Front cap fading, fridge would not light on LP. Sofa/bed came apart at the seams took it to the dump. Doors miss aligned and now one grey dump valve needs replacing. In 4 years this thing has needed more work then all 5 of the rv's I have owned. Nothing covered by warranty.
- LOUIS ANTHONY, British Columbia

2016-06-01 2014 Heartland Big Country 3450TS View Listings

The 3450TS is a great living quarters. King bed, TV, Fireplace, recliners and lots of storage place. W/D setup and more. Towing this 5th wheel feels like nothing is behind you. Good for travel or parked for winter living in the south.
- Richard Smith, Maryland

2016-01-30 2013 Heartland Big Country 3596RE View Listings

We love this trailer. This is the 2nd Heartland Big Country we have owned. We would not have purchased a second one if we did not like the manufacturer. The 5th wheel is very spacious and beautiful inside and out. The trailer pulls like a dream with my Ford F350. The bed is comfortable, dual sinks are nice. Wonderful to have fireplace in living room. You would love the rich look of the wood detailing and kitchen cabinets. Center island in kitchen.
- Ardeth Galitzine, California