Heartland 5th Wheel

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Melody Thomas from Arizona says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS View Listings

This was such a shocking experience! The quality of the rig was extremely poor. The front door was warped. There was a leak in the basement that couldn't be found. The mode switch on the refrigerator did not work so you could not switch to propane operation. The auto level function did not work properly. The rubber seal on the kitchen slide came out. The metal hose in the shower left a mark on the wall. There was no switch to put the hot water heater on propane although it was plumbed for propane. There were paint stains on the steps, the handle, and the outer window by the steps. There were also design flaws that indicated the RV was designed by a NON RVer. The control panel was behind a door that opened the the wrong way. The fuse panel was low with a door that opened up that required you to lay on the floor to see the panel. An outlet on the island was placed so that any plugs for appliances had to cross in front of the drawer. There was no faucet in the shower, no toilet paper holder, and no shower bar in the bathroom. The exterior decals were sloppy and had gaps. The directions for the auto leveler were on the top of a door that opened up making the reader assume a kind of limbo position to read it. After six weeks, we traded the rig in for another model.
- Melody Thomas, Arizona

2021-08-27 2011 Heartland Bighorn 3070RL View Listings

There’s not much bad that I can report on our RV. It’s very spacious, well planned and is out together with higher end finishes. Ours is a 50amp unit with only one A/C and it cools very well. I’m sure there is wire in the fan in the bedroom to add another a/c. The fireplace is usually all we need to heat so I take it it’s well insulated. Ten years in and our cooling unit failed in the refrigerator so I’m replacing it with an Amish cooling unit made better and cools better. Overall we are very happy with it and would recommend it to anyone.
- Duane Ireland, California

2021-08-25 2009 Heartland Big Country 3250TS View Listings

This five-wheel RV is perfect for long-term living. Open the slider out and the living room becomes very large. Her ceiling is so high, even with ceiling fans, you still feel like there's a lot of space. My favorite is the refrigerator, which operates in three ways. Gas, electricity and batteries.
- Ivy Chen, California

2021-08-20 2020 Heartland Bighorn 3375SS View Listings

Nothing but issue after issue, first the furnance would not work properly had to replace the thermostat and the board, water heater leaked , thermostat in bedroom ac is crap, the ac got stuck wouldn't turn off, delamination on slide out in dining area no water intrusion, heartland does not want to warranty, something has popped up on the roof, ( perhaps a screw), have a couple of random spots on the other slide where tv is, no water intrusion, random leaks, ( have always checked lines), the monitor panel is nothing but crap -will not retract the slides,have to use the app to do so, the service rep at heartland isn't very helpful, and when you call the other reps state your rep is off today etc. black tank valve well it wont shut all the way, gray tank 1 will not shut all the way, trying to order parts to take it in for warranty and heartland expects me to let the panel down underneath for pictures of the parts they need, hall lights went out within first month, jacks constantly make a flipping popping sound, within the first 90 days the caulking was junk. the ac in the living room, the 4 vents by it doesn't blow out much air at all. The side shade, shade by dining area and the shade behind the loveseat decided not to work again, you have to manually roll them up, except the one that the screen will not stay down on. have had this less than a year now
- Amy, Alabama

2021-08-16 2013 Heartland Road Warrior 400RW View Listings

My family and I LOVE this Heartland, Road Warrior moho (motorhome), it is our home away from home, on wheels! We have travelled to almost every National Park you can think of, we have even hauled our motorcycles to Pismo Beach to ride in the sand dunes. This 42.5 foot behemoth of a 5th wheel has everything from 3 TV's to 3 queen size beds, 1 sofa bench which converts into a queen size bed, a central vacuum system, washer/dryer hook ups, auxiliary gas tank with pump right outside the toy hauler to get fuel to your big boy toys which you can store in the 14 foot garage! Need I say more? Get out and explore like we did, you won't be sorry!
- A. Edscorn, Nevada

2021-08-15 2019 Heartland Bighorn 3870FB View Listings

Loved the look and large bathroom but within 2 years have replaced almost EVERYTHING. Very expensive, after paying new! So disappointed! It's been 3 years and we're still experiencing problems. And when I say everything I mean everything!
- Beth, Oklahoma

2021-08-05 2017 Heartland Landmark 365 43RL View Listings

Love it. Well built l. No problems has three AC but can only run two at a time . Looked at a lot of campers we bought it cause it was the best for the money got a really good deal Would keep if had a job
- Amy, Ohio

2021-08-02 2021 Heartland Milestone 377MB View Listings

Me and my purchased a 2021 milestone 377mb. This 5th wheel is garbage. The first day we took delivery of it. There was a leak. TV stop working. Blinds came off. Cabinet doors in the kitchen and bathroom came off. We had this 5th wheel since June ,we are in August. Still no TV or cabinets not fixed. Sales man tell you anything to get your money. I will be posting videos of this fifth wheel on YouTube.
- Jeffrey, California

2021-08-02 2021 Heartland Bighorn 3120RK View Listings

Where to start, So my brother owns a heartland dealership and I got a great deal on this rig and I understand that when you haul a house down the road things are going to break. With that being said, our black tank and gray tank broke their straps and were loose underneath the RV. We were told that neither tank was mounted correctly The mounting brackets were installed upside down. It only took a week for us to get this thing fixed because my brother owns the dealership, but we only had RV for a month then it was practically unlivable. Black tank physically became disconnected. Other things we're just small items, TV in the living room picks up half the over the air channels as the one in the bedroom I haven't figured that one out yet, saying is they use the same antenna kind of weird. The DVD player doesn't work pretty sure they left the storage screws in it. The audio system is so confusing that in order to use it you have to have the manual in front of you and even then some of the pass-through HDMI stuff doesn't work as advertised. TV in the living room has five HDMI inputs hooked up no idea where they come from or where they go. It does have a ton of storage though and it's very comfortable. We've had no problems with tires as we have a TPMS system but I think most people who complain about tires blowing out are driving too fast on them. Trailer tires only rated at like 65-70 mph anything above that and you risk them flying apart. We have had problems with the auto level staying engaged, You keep having to push the button about every 10 seconds until it's done. My brother's shop gave me a breaker to put in we'll see..... Otherwise we're happy with it but it's also a lot cheaper built than I expected I can't imagine what a unit that is lesser quality is made like and considering bighorn is in the same league as landmark this is concerning...
- Pat Reeves, Missouri

2021-07-27 2017 Heartland Big Country 3950 FB View Listings

My husband worked out on the road for three years doing contract work. Moved it many times. Did not have any trouble with it. We carry Good Sam Insurance and have used it a few times. Very happy with the results. If you are needing to live in one full time, this works out great. Really a nicely arranged trailer with the large bathroom and extra one off the kitchen. Big refrigerator and cozy fireplace in the living room. Very steady with the 6 hydraulic jacks that level. You don’t feel it move as you walk inside.
- Lisa Rogers, Texas

2021-07-09 2015 Heartland Bighorn 42FL View Listings

We bought this pos new and had nothing but trouble with it. Front slide broke on first trip and almost fell out while moving, shower glass shattered, wrong door on inside cabinet, no header on bedroom door, black water tank fell loose because of cheap straps $900 to repair, siding delaminating Fireplace fell out, not attached to wall. Refrigerator not properly attached. Plus many little problems. Customer service at plant sucks so called corporate they contacted Heartland who told us to email all the problems. No matter how many times I tried they "never received it". I will never buy anything from them again.
- Joan Burnor, North Carolina

2021-07-04 2016 Heartland Sundance 3700RLB View Listings

Terrible rv! We bought this used and when we bought it we thought the auto level jacks were the only things broken. Got it home and found the microwave wouldn’t work without sparking. The front ac unit leaks like crazy when we use it and leaks all over the bed. The furnace doesn’t work, tried replacing the controller and that didn’t fix it. The living room slide wouldn’t stop leaking and has now ruined the paneling inside. The rear bathtub leaks and pour out water under the back of the camper and I’ve also had to replace the toilet because it wouldn’t stop running and flooded the back bathroom. I’d never buy another camper made by this manufacturer!! Terrible quality and so many things are broken and it’s only 5 years old!! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!!
- Mark, Michigan

2021-07-02 2019 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 32RS View Listings

Refrigerator keeps blowing fuses and not working the way it is suppose to. Plug into electric and it wont come on.Works ok on propane. Fireplace switch broke to turn on/off. Should not have these problems with the money we spent. Manufactures pushing hard to make them and too many mistakes.
- cynthia kelley, Nevada

2021-07-01 2013 Heartland Bighorn 3585RL View Listings

We like this 5th wheel. This is our 4th trailer, 2nd 5th wheel. The is lots of storage, the 6 point auto level is wonderful. The power reel for the electrical hook up is nice. We also like the 12 cu ft frig. The power awning is easy to use. We bought it used so we did not access any factory support. We did go to one Heartland Rally. We like the integrated black water tank flush system. The factory rep was interesting to talk with about the Heartland product line.
- E. Parker, Michigan

2021-06-11 2018 Heartland Bighorn 3010RE View Listings

We traded in our new 2018 Keystone Cougar Half Ton Towable, for this 2018 Bighorn 3010. The difference was noticeable, as we had many rinky dink problems with the Cougar from the get go. The Bighorn has issues as well...we take it offroad, but overall, a better rig, with higher quality, and less worries. Overall, after talking to many owners, new RV's, in general, are poorly made and one can expect issues sooner than later. Inspect, inspect, inspect...before you buy ! Once your off the lot...your totally forgotten !
- paul safady, Oregon

2021-05-13 2019 Heartland Landmark 365 Newport View Listings

We bought ours Jan 2019. Brand new Lamesa Phoenix az Was delivered tv open shower doors open. Doors between the bedrooms been going back and forth Told them make sure everything works . The marble is broke under the fireplace. Entrance door open hitting the holding bar. Would not stay latched . Driver saif i just deliver Many issues took it to Albuquerque nm 3 days nothing got fixed. There was more wrong after we left. They have no idea about the new wi fi and how things are hooked up but sell them The outside light above the door did not work the fan did not work . 2 and half years later still don't work Been told there is a secret switch..for 3rd ac and fan..why would there be a secret switch.i have looked in every cupboard nothing . Just why hidden. If its something your going to use.. 3rd ac unit was not working or fan yet .one section of the recliner did not work opened up and wiring was different than the other ones, there is wi fi boxes on walls to run lights . No one knows how to set them up. Called Lipperd and heartland no one could help Went on first trip Levelers were trying to tip us over. Called was on the phone 4 hours maybe the box in the back. Was told sometimes there tie rapped and they break..something that is up under the camper No one could tell us were it is. Get a tec out there.. sounds easy And also commented did we know how to use a level My husbund hung up were in our 60s. So yes. But it was still trying to tip . Tired off the ground crazy . A year later still no one to fix them without a apt months later Husbund works can't just take and leave and get . And no mobil units to even mess with levelers also water system was filling the tank air in the system. called no one has it can order it 2 weeks to a month .. we are traveling. Wtf my husbund took it apart a o ring broke . Can't get them either Not round thicker on one side. So he put cylocone.temp fix . Called Hartland direct talked to a jim once. Under warrantee 3 years . This trip nothing is still been fixed talked to a Laurie at heartland again . She seems very helpful But to get someone to work on it still nothing.she called a repair shop going to get us fixed up. Talked to him No can look at it if we need parts will have to order no one has anything. So she is suppose to call back. Yet to hear back. Without being told June to Aug. I just know we had a cyclone toy hauler and problems But this is the biggest lemon yet and we bought them brand new thinking no problems. Just not sure what to do Know will never buy a heartland again there warrantee is ok maybe. Never can get anything done A big disappointment have screwed and fixed a lot of things ourself . Only good thing is how its arranged inside.
- Julie Jarsak, New Mexico

2021-05-06 2009 Heartland Bighorn 3055RL View Listings

Great Rv It Never let me down Always Warm even in the coldest of temperatures. All The creature comforts of Home That you could ever desire. Living Never was So easy As it was when the rv was out being enjoyed
- Tom Johnson, Michigan

2021-04-23 2016 Heartland Sundance 3600QB View Listings

Great Fifth wheel, accommodates everyone very comfortably, lots of storage and the outdoor bar area is the best feature and used frequently! Great TV in living room with space for everyone to watch TV and just hang out on rainy days!
- Kim Running, Michigan

2021-04-19 2012 Heartland Elkridge 34QSRL View Listings

The floor plan we love. The fit and finish is poor. Quality is not there. At 8 years old back wall is separating from side wall. This is a structural issue on a lightly used, never abused unit. When contacting Heartland I was informed that they have a 1 year warranty. Less than happy with lifespan, rep I spoke with was not customer orientated and definately not sympthetic or helpful. Never again!
- Gordon McMillan, Alberta

2021-04-19 2020 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39MB View Listings

my experience with this rv is everytime I take it out something goes wrong where I have to take it back in to get fixed. tv antena broke, my rubber seal start coming off on both sides, then got it fixed and they came off again and then my hot water tank was not work right and then my front too get jacks would not work right, they kept coming down when I would disconnect front my truck so I had to keep raising them up and when I hook up to my truck and raised them up they would come down about 4 inches and would not stay up, so I had to drive like that til I got too my destination. And it's still not fixed after beening in the shop for 6 months now!!!!!!
- Kevin Williams, Texas

2021-04-09 2015 Heartland Cyclone CY4150 View Listings

This RV has been a dream to own and live in. I looked at over a hundred units and before i found this floor plan and once I saw it, I knew it was for me. It has a very large residential style fridge and an open concept. Best of all you don't have to squeeze through or around a shower of bathroom to get to the Master bedroom. I'm a pretty big guy and the normal sized tub and shower are a must for full time living. And of course, it has all the amenities for camping, cooking, and parties.
- Ryan Sutton, Texas

2021-04-08 2013 Heartland Big Country 3070RE View Listings

This 5 th wheel has a great floor plan, lots of storage, quality window treatments. Large shower, microwave, washer dryer prep. Queen bed, lots of storage in basement. Island sink, electric fireplace. It has a propane furnace, 2 air conditioners, electric water heater.
- Gail Dodd, Tennessee

2021-03-22 2013 Heartland Bighorn 3585RL View Listings

This is more about the dealership and what kind of business they have !! We had a blow out (I see on the reviews that this is a common problem, This is the second one we have had to do major repairs on)on Bighorn Camper in May of 2019. We took the camper to Jolly Rogers RV (that was the name of the business at the time) Now called Bish's RV in Cheyenne, WY. for the repairs. We were told the camper would be ready in August 2019. We also wanted to have some decals on the side replaced so the camper would still look good. We have dealt with the business being bought out and 2 managers and three service technicians and the repairs were done from the blowout. One fender is plastic and the other is metal. A phone call to me would have had us replacing them both to match. This all happened amidst the Corona Virus and I understand that was an issue BUT the decals on the camper were never changed out AT ALL but we were charged for them. We were told the decals were no longer available and that they would have to be custom made. The camper has been in a garage the whole time we have owned it other than when it was used (1-2 times a year for one week at a time). The exterior of the camper is not the same as when we took it to them. It was outside the whole two years and it shows wear and tear from being outside. NEVER a phone call as to show the progress that was being done on the camper. NO MANAGER CALLED OR SERVICE TECHNITION NO CALLS AT AT. I was the one calling numerous times per day, week to check on the progress. I got a text from the service department to say the camper was ready to go, I called and told them we would be there to pick it up on Saturday when I went to pick it up I was told it was road ready. The tires all had to have air put in them and none of the caps were put back on, the camper was NOT road ready to go and they had a week to get it done, for all the time the camper was there it should have been ready. It was the worst experience I have dealt with for camper repairs and communication I have ever dealt with. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR BUSINESS FOR NO COMMUNICATION AND NO FOLLOW THROUGH ON BOTH THE OWNERSHIPSHIP,MANAGERS AND THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT.
- Harry Corkle, Colorado

2021-03-14 2008 Heartland Big Country 3300RL View Listings

I have had a couple of minor plumbing issues. It does not have heat pump air conditioning. Floors under slide outs have decayed around the edges. Overall, a very solid, well made fifth wheel. Much better than other fifth wheels I have had. Beautiful, high quality cabinets.
- William Alley, North Carolina

2021-03-13 2020 Heartland Big Horn View Listings

I am sad that I can’t post a review with no stars. The fact that there are huge gaps between the roof and the wall and major leaking, has me nervous towing, or camping in mild weather with any breeze or precipitation. It is not enjoyable to live in or own. My traveling work partner purchased a 6 month old Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel from Lazy Days RV in Florida. He started having leaks almost immediately. Long/short of it there is $16K worth of damage, and both the dealer and manufacturer refuse to fix or pay for it. He paid over $55K for this travel trailer, and live in it when traveling for work. Heartland RVs practices poor customer service and are unwilling to stand behind their product. After doing some research I found out this company has a history of doing this to its customers, let’s let them know this is unacceptable. TIA. https://www.facebook.com/ P.S. Heartland has shut down comments on their Facebook page. I purchased a 6 month old Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel from Lazy Days RV in Florida. I started having leaks almost immediately. Long/short of it there is $16K worth of damage, and both the dealer and manufacturer refuse to fix or pay for it. I paid over $55K for this travel trailer, and live in it when I travel for work. If you could do me a huge favor and go to Heartland RVs Facebook page and leave a comment about their poor customer service and unwilling to stand behind their product I would appreciate it! After doing some research I found out this company has a history of doing this to its customers, let’s let them know this is unacceptable. TIA. https://www.facebook.com/heartlandrv/ I purchased a 6 month old Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel from Lazy Days RV in Florida. I started having leaks almost immediately. Long/short of it there is $16K worth of damage, and both the dealer and manufacturer refuse to fix or pay for it. I paid over $55K for this travel trailer, and live in it when I travel for work. If you could do me a huge favor and go to Heartland RVs Facebook page and leave a comment about their poor customer service and unwilling to stand behind their product I would appreciate it! After doing some research I found out this company has a history of doing this to its customers, let’s let them know this is unacceptable. TIA. https://www.facebook.com/heartlandrv/ I have pictures, I wish we could attach here.
- William Taylor, Missouri