Gulf Stream Travel Trailer

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Gulf Stream Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Andrew from Iowa says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2020 Gulf Stream Vintage Cruiser 19ERD View Listings

Quality, value, and innovation are the core values that have been a part of the Gulf Stream Coach way of doing business since it was founded in Nappanee, Indiana, by Jim Shea and his sons. I have reached out to Gulfstream to request an extension of the manufactures warranty due to excessive warranty repairs and other issues related to this unit. Some of the items are considered major such as the refrigerator being replaced twice because it won’t seal 50% of the floor support under the shower never being installed. Now I have found the bathroom door is three inches out of plumb at the floor. I understand it can be fixed but look at all the lost time we have with this unit. Now to fix the floor and the wall we will lose it for a long time because they will have to rip everything out to replace the floor because of the holes that will be left behind after moving the wall. I was told by Gulfstream that they won’t do any more than repair the problems within the warranty. Seriously? It costs the manufacture nothing to extend the warranty a year unless there are problems. I guess they can’t stand behind their product longer than the three year warranty otherwise they could do this to keep a customer happy. From there web site and I quote: (Quality, value, and innovation are the core values that have been a part of the Gulf Stream Coach way of doing business since it was founded in Nappanee, Indiana, by Jim Shea and his sons.) “Yeah right”
- Andrew, Iowa

2021-10-05 2021 Gulf Stream Enlighten 25BH View Listings

I purchased this travel trailer only 3 months ago. this is the first time I stepped into a travel trailer. let alone my first time purchasing one. with in the first week I seen my window was installed bent and was leaking water in and popped the paneling off The queen bed was installed off center and smacks the board on the left.the board is very bowed as well The right side latch was installed crooked and is very hard to latch The paneling was never sanded and was left that way the refrigerator only 3 of the four corners are flush the table the side closest to the bunks the top of back rest is busted out cause wasn’t installed properly they never caulked around the wheel wells you can see light through during every rain storm i have a river running from under bunks around the wheel wells and around the hot water heater and around the storage door the rain also comes in around the dome alot of open wires left snipped and not hooked up also where the water lays when it rains none of the base boards underneath seats and beds were sanded left with splinters walls that weren’t built square start with a 1/4 inch at bottom goes to 1 inch at top trim poorly installed. I could go on but it just makes me angry. I feel ive been robbed with such poor quality! I couldn’t possibly be more disappointed! This was supposed to be a fun purchase nothing but a nightmare!! And im ONLY 3 MONTHS in !!
- Jeff funk, Pennsylvania

2021-09-14 2021 Gulf Stream Conquest 279BH View Listings

Purchase a 2021 Gulf Stream Conquest, first trip was to Myrtle Beach for a week . The craftsmanship is horrible! We had to Reinforce the table seating, we average around 200-220 in weight and all the supports popped within 3 days. Next the kitchen sinks drained into the drawers and we had to fix the plumbing . Overall sloppy craftsmanship. Things like crooked light switches , clasps for the cabinets needing adjusting, chalk not completed around the tub ,just lots of little things ! Couldn’t use the warranty because we’re on vacation. We’ve owned 2 other campers and never had these issues so we are experienced .Signed an Unhappy Camper Dot
- Dorothy Cox, Maryland

2021-09-09 2021 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 279BH View Listings

Bought 4/19/2021! Roof and slide was leaking before 90 days old! It was poorly put together. The sink in the kitchen fell out and the only thing that was holding it up six quarter inch screws and it was a bottom mounted and the sink was a top mount design! Biggest peace of crap I every got! Got pictures if anyone needs them! Do not buy Gulf Stream!!!!!
- Jeremy johnson, Mississippi

2021-09-06 2021 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 268BH View Listings

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. THEIR WORKSMANSHIP IS SIMILIAR TO A 2 YEAR OLD, NON EXISTANT. WE BOUGHT IT TO BE OFF THE GRID FOR A MONTH AND FOUD OUT AFTER 2 DAYS THEY PLUMBER THE SHOWER AND SINK TO THE "BLACK TANK" BECAUSE IT WAS EASIER, SO GUESS WHAT ITS NOT A BLACK TANK! OUR WINDOW SHATTERED TODAY WHILE WE WERE WATCHING TV DUE TO THE WIND. ALL OF THE CUSHION SUPPORTS HAVE COLLAPSED BECAUSE THEY USE TINY STAPLES TO HOLD A PERSONS WEIGHT. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON EXISTANT AND NEVER CALLS BACK
- Keith G Sprau, Colorado

2021-09-03 2021 Gulf Stream Friendship View Listings

We bought a Frienship by Gulf Stream. Wanted to pay cash but campers inn said We would get a $1,000.00 discount if We financed the camper, so We did. We picked the camper up on a Tuesday. Left on Wednesday morning. Turned on the fridg, let it cool, and put Our food and meds into it. Went We arrived at the campground, We discovered that the fridg had quit working, ruining Our meats and meds. Also one widow has a huge scratch, shower faucet does not work, door folding door handle is broken. We were also told that the awning had LED lights, which it does not. We cannot even use Our camper! It has been a month now, and they keep saying that they are waiting on parts. This is a brand new camper and We only used it the first 2 days, which was a disaster with all 5 issues. Campers Inn in Kings Mountain North Carolina sucks big-time They only care about sales, and nothing about service!!!
- Charles Ball, North Carolina

2021-08-15 2021 Gulf Stream Enlighten 25BH View Listings

Loved the design and features but extremely bad craftsmanship. One month after I bought it had to reseal the roof seams. Had a bad leak. Several screws in various things inside where loose or stripped. Outlets are crooked. Front door pops open sometimes even when locked. Over all a rushed crappy job when built. Definitely will not buy another one.
- Raquel Gardepe, New York

2021-08-06 2021 Gulf Stream American-Lite 274QB View Listings

We love our Ameri-Lite. It has an open floor plan with plenty of space for our family. The outdoor kitchen area is great for when you’re sitting out by a fire or cooking on the grill. The extra storage inside and out allows for plenty of space to carry everything you’ll need
- Brent, Georgia

2021-07-18 2021 Gulf Stream Enlighten 18BH View Listings

Perfect introductory camper. Low weight allows for towing by most vehicles. Surprisingly roomy inside. Only issues are those that come with most RV's and any super light vehicle... somewhat fragile construction on internal furniture/fixtures.
- Isaac, Montana

2021-07-17 2021 Gulf Stream Ameri-lite 197BH View Listings

Awesome experience amazing customer service. Everyone is so nice. Martin went above and beyond with helping us move our trailer from our home when we pinned it in. Definitely recommend Little Dealer Little Prices!!!
- Vivian Ortiz, Arizona

2021-07-03 2021 Gulf Stream Enlighten 25BH View Listings

This is a very cheap, poorly constructed, bottom of the barrel trailer. After only 10 days of ownership.. Water lines leak, gutter leaks, paneling loose in multiple locations, mattress is tearing after only 2 uses, sink leaks, table/bed collapsed while sleeping. I could go on. I regret this purchase and can only hope this trailer lasts more than a few years.
- Thomas Hobbs, California

2021-06-24 2021 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 238RL View Listings

Ordered special floor plan straight from Factory nothing but grief no promises were kept that were made I would never recommend one of these warranty is non-existent customer service is zero. Do they know how to do is make excuses and pass the buck it's always somebody else's problem or somebody else's responsibility they take no responsibility for anything
- Faith Foster Gilley, Utah

2021-06-06 2021 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 189DD View Listings

Bought brand new. Bathroom door mounted that you could see into the bathroom thru the gap. I took the door off, added firring strip to shift door over. Drawer under dinette seat wasn't even screwed in on one side. Back of bench is attached so the back is not aligned right. Kitchen faucet was junk. Replaced it. Drawer for silverware won't stay on track. Have yet to fix that. Feel like I bought a fixer upper, not a brand new unit! The material used is very flimsy overall. THAT'S how they keep the weight so low. I would never buy it again, but it will be a good unit after I replace and rebuild. Ameri-Lite better address their quality control issues. I will never buy another.
- Rebecca wurzel, Wisconsin

2021-05-20 2019 Gulf Stream Envision 282BH View Listings

I have had problems with this trailer from the start. It is touted as a four season trailer.. I specifically asked if it would stand up to a Jackson, Wyoming winter. I'm not convinced it would stand up to a Jackson, Mississippi winter. I had trouble with the slide as soon as the temperature dropped believe 40. Usually it would deploy after several tries but it failed completely in freezing temperatures. In addition, the emergency crank wasn't long enough to reach the attachment point. Local RV repair shops wouldn't even look at it because they said they knew from experience they wouldn't get paid.. Gulf Stream's solution was to haul it to the nearest dealer in Salt Lake City. On the next trip to Jackson the heater failed. I was not able to boondock as I had planned so the trip cost a lot more than I anticipated. I paid out of pocket to have RV repairmen try to fix the heater to no avail. The additional expense wiped me out. Again, the suggested solution was Salt Lake City. I decided to head home and have it fixed in Buffalo, NY. The Gul Stream dealerships in Buffalo wouldn't even set an appointment. I've had to take it back to where I bought it. Other problems are minor when compared to the slide failing at 10 degrees and the heater failing at 35. I've had a steady drip with the bathroom faucet and the pipe leading from the black water tank. Lastly, I did some minor damage to the exterior when I bumped things in some tight spots. It took two months for Gulf Stream to respond with prices to replacement parts. Over all I'd have to say that this camper has been quite a disappointment.
- Barbara A. McArthur, New York

2021-04-26 2012 Gulf Stream Kingsport 302RKS View Listings

I absolutely loved my Kingsport. Even after recently buying a brand new camper, the new one feels flimsy and no where near as well made as my Kingsport. It felt more like a tiny home instead of a camper. Also was able to tow it with my Suburban that has a tow package.
- Sarah Taravath, North Carolina

2021-04-26 2021 Gulf Stream Enlighten 25BH View Listings

JUNK JUNK JUNK! **STAY AWAY!!** Purchased brand new from Camping World Georgetown Kentucky (which has been as unpleasant working with them as it has owning this camper). First trip out, no heat, no hot water, trim hanging from ceiling and all over from not properly being attached upon assembly, TV antenna didn’t work, toilet leaked, amongst other small issues. CW took it back and “fixed” the issues. Got it back, first trip out, no heat again, no hot water again, and MASSIVE water leakage into the camper from it raining in Bristol Tennessee. Don’t bite on their BS. This camper looks good. THATS IT.
- Garth Massie, Ohio

2021-04-24 2021 Gulf Stream Innsbruck View Listings

Gulfstream trailers are some of the worst craftsmanship that i have seen in my 40 years of camping.I bought this camper from BO'S TRAILER WORLD in Athens,Ga. The entrance door is sticking and bending the hindges,the company put a screw through the awning cover which is dripping rain water at the door,the hot water heater don't work,the a/c thermastat don't work properly,these are just a few of the problems,they are alot more.I am getting NO HELP at all from BO'S.PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I HAVE MADE ,DO NOT BUY FROM BO'S AND DON'T BUY A GULFSTREAM PRODUCT AS THEY ARE JUNK....
- ALBERT R. WALKER, Georgia

2021-04-18 2011 Gulf Stream Conquest 279QBL View Listings

1 (current) owner. This RV has not been used much. Light weight, one slide out for additional spacing, double bunk house in the back room, queen bed in front bedroom, full kitchen. Smoke and pet free.
- ROBERT Doss jr., Illinois

2021-04-15 2019 Gulf Stream Vintage Cruiser 19MBS View Listings

The Vintage Cruiser 19MBS Travel Trailer was truly our home on wheels. The moment we saw it, we knew that this would be the RV for us. Although many RV's have similar options, layouts, etc. . . The Vintage look and woody interior gave the RV a very livable and home-like feel. We still shopped around to see other RV brands, but most of them felt quite antiseptic. When you are stuck in a relatively small space, it is important to have the right feeling. There will be days when it is pouring rain, or freezing cold. We almost looked forward to these days as we remained comfortable and content inside our 19 MBS. The Murphy bed option allows for a much roomier interior when the bed is up. We also found that the tank capacities were quite generous allowing us to live off-grid for days at a time without running out of propane of water. (double propane tanks, large water capacity, and we upgraded to 2 batteries) For a lightweight RV that can be towed by a mid-size SUV or small truck, you can't beat the interior space and features. For the price point, I would highly recommend this model RV.
- Jay Tabac, Ontario

2021-03-15 2021 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 279BH View Listings

Owned our Amerilite for 8 months, on our third trip found the window by the dinet has been leaking long enough to cause the boards to mold. The gas struts on the outdoor kitchen failed during our first trip. If you run the water pump with the lights on it will blow a fuse. Water lines are ran wrong and mislabeled. At first I thought I got one that was built on a Friday after lunch but after reading reviews I see it's a quality issue with this brand. Steer clear. I miss my Jayco!
- Chris, Missouri

2021-02-16 2021 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 238RL View Listings

We bought this camper in August of 2020, brand new. In a 6 month period, it’s spent 4 1/2 months at Gander RV for repair! The camper wasn’t properly sealed and we have water damage in the front compartment and the manufacturer just wants to put a bandage on it and not fix the damage done. They won’t authorize the repair to make sure all damage is fixed! I’m beyond frustrated and irritated with the whole situation! There warranty claim guy is very rude also!! Let me add that the only time this camper is out in the weather is while camping and while sitting on the lot waiting for repairs because we store it in an enclosed building! Do not buy a camper made by Gulf Stream!!!
- Melissa M, Alabama

2021-02-12 2021 Gulf Stream Enlighten 25BH View Listings

JUNK!!! Good quality and values my butt. Crappy customer service.. first the water pump was leaking, then the shower was leaking Bc of the cheap silicone around tub, screen door won’t latch, pressure regulator for the propane quit working. Last time we had it out camping noticed the paneling in front compartment was buckled apparent water damage. The cause of that was due to the lack of sealer on the roof and down the front trim edge not to mention the fact that 2 pieces of the metal siding along the back of the unit was cut to short and does not go under the corner trim. Now it’s been sitting at the dealer getting rained on for almost 2 months while it’s currently under management review with Gulf Stream. I will never own another camper made by Gulf Stream and I will not recommend this company to anyone.. I should have kept my Coleman pop-up it was better built and didn’t leak and it was a 2000 model
- Jon Buchanan, Alabama

2021-01-20 2013 Gulf Stream Visa 19RDS View Listings

My wife and I have loved our experience with our Visa travel trailer. It has so many comforts of home that it felt like an extension of our home. Exterior speakers and gas grill made for many great camping experiences. The heat is robust and allowed us to use it most of the year. I've pulled it with my Chevy Silverado 1500 with no problem.
- Steven Lombardo, North Carolina

2020-12-19 2021 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 238RL View Listings

I love my 236rl its built very well and is a family owned company much better quality than the mass produced models out there. Great value to as compared to some of the others i did my hoomework before buying.
- jay, North Carolina

2020-11-20 2018 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 198BH View Listings

Bad boy. The doors don’t fit the roof leaks slide want work on 12 volt outlets don’t work. Tongue is not even with the frame more stuff bad water tank want empty. All other tanks are small out side receptical don’t work
- Dale Hunter, Georgia