Gulf Stream Tourmaster Reviews on RV Insider (5)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Gulf Stream Tourmaster RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jack Wilhiet from Missouri says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2006 Gulf Stream Tourmaster 40 View Listings

I recently bought a used Tour master from a business of RV's in Ozark, Mo. I've found more issues than you can believe in just a under a month. I have and currently have so many things going wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this RV but any RV manufactured by GS. From getting easy access to the engine a Cummins diesel, to no help from the Company. They don't make a class A anymore and I can understand why now. I would also do your homework on who you are buying from and also make sure to get a professional inspection any GS. Look and read everything you can about the RV and get as much info on it before you spend your money. These are big ticket items and you will want add things and some years were great others not so great. I would also suggest you buy a tag axle if you are wanting a long RV. The craftmanship isn't standard from one year to another or model either. I would suggest also a private seller instead or a dealer.
- Jack Wilhiet, Missouri

2019-12-09 2000 Gulf Stream Tourmaster 8430 Millennium Edition View Listings

Just drove the new the new to me coach 745 miles from FL to AL. It had 33,000 miles on it and everything is still like new. The original owners were meticulous. The coach air ride suspension allows me to snore in the reclining co-pilot seat when momma takes the wheel. The Cummings M11 sipped the fuel at 8.3 mpg and she tipped the scale at 33,000 lbs. The Allison HD 4060 was a little rough automatically shifting down going down hill at about 60 mph. And there another rough shift down 3 to 2 around 15 mph. Still don’t know what to think about that. The aqua hot system needs to be serviced I didn’t have very much I water but that was expected for a rig this old. Once serviced, I’m sure it will be awesome filling up the whirlpool tub.
- Ronald Martel, Alabama

2018-10-09 1997 Gulf Stream Tourmaster 40 View Listings

Very good motor home. Owned 13 years. Good power and drive ability. Tows a 2016 Jeep unlimited 4 door with no problem. My motor home is a 1997 and requires much less repair than most of my friends newer models
- Ed , Florida

2018-04-30 1998 Gulf Stream Tourmaster 40B View Listings

Amazing rig. My family traveled in it for 7 months full time and we had no problems at all. Great rig for towing, lots of power. Would recommend it for occasional travel or full time. Mechanic who checked out the engine prior to us purchasing it said it was a "million mile engine".
- Hope Lavigne, Colorado

2015-01-29 1996 Gulf Stream Tourmaster 40B View Listings

this unit is very comfortable and easy to drive. Has the feel of luxury.
- BC, Colorado