Gulf Stream

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Gulf Stream RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Andrew from Iowa says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2020 Gulf Stream Vintage Cruiser 19ERD View Listings

Quality, value, and innovation are the core values that have been a part of the Gulf Stream Coach way of doing business since it was founded in Nappanee, Indiana, by Jim Shea and his sons. I have reached out to Gulfstream to request an extension of the manufactures warranty due to excessive warranty repairs and other issues related to this unit. Some of the items are considered major such as the refrigerator being replaced twice because it won’t seal 50% of the floor support under the shower never being installed. Now I have found the bathroom door is three inches out of plumb at the floor. I understand it can be fixed but look at all the lost time we have with this unit. Now to fix the floor and the wall we will lose it for a long time because they will have to rip everything out to replace the floor because of the holes that will be left behind after moving the wall. I was told by Gulfstream that they won’t do any more than repair the problems within the warranty. Seriously? It costs the manufacture nothing to extend the warranty a year unless there are problems. I guess they can’t stand behind their product longer than the three year warranty otherwise they could do this to keep a customer happy. From there web site and I quote: (Quality, value, and innovation are the core values that have been a part of the Gulf Stream Coach way of doing business since it was founded in Nappanee, Indiana, by Jim Shea and his sons.) “Yeah right”
- Andrew, Iowa

2021-09-16 2021 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5245 View Listings

Thermostat broke and battery didn’t hold a charge. Replaced thermostat and battery and added a second battery. Toilet leaks, one overhead light has never worked, inside trim is falling off the wardrobe and the vent is falling out of the ceiling in the bathroom. New thermostat changed the setting from cool @ 78 degrees to furnace @ 88 degrees. First time we thought we may have accidentally touched the thermostat, second time no one was in the RV. Now the slide is stuck. It is out about 4” and won’t move in or out. Had to end our road trip halfway through. Warranty repairs are scheduled for 6 weeks out, the soonest the dealer can get us in We have a real love/hate relationship with our unit. It is a perfect size and style for the two of plus dogs. Unfortunately, we can’t recommend it because the quality of workmanship is so poor. It is literally falling apart and we have only had it 5 months
- Nancy Manly, California

2021-09-14 2021 Gulf Stream Conquest 279BH View Listings

Purchase a 2021 Gulf Stream Conquest, first trip was to Myrtle Beach for a week . The craftsmanship is horrible! We had to Reinforce the table seating, we average around 200-220 in weight and all the supports popped within 3 days. Next the kitchen sinks drained into the drawers and we had to fix the plumbing . Overall sloppy craftsmanship. Things like crooked light switches , clasps for the cabinets needing adjusting, chalk not completed around the tub ,just lots of little things ! Couldn’t use the warranty because we’re on vacation. We’ve owned 2 other campers and never had these issues so we are experienced .Signed an Unhappy Camper Dot
- Dorothy Cox, Maryland

2021-09-11 2002 Gulf Stream Seahawk 28FRK View Listings

All RV's are like a second home, but this one makes that comparison much better because it has amenities such as residential cabinetry in solid oak and the whole thing just feels sturdy. And the floor plan gives it a much larger feel than a cramped rig. Once the slides are opened up this is like a small apartment, from the large pass through basement to the solid cabinets to having a washer and dryer built right into it. Another thing to love is TWO gray tanks, one for the bath and one for the galley, so you can dry camp much longer. Add to this the 70 gallon fresh water tank and boon docking is much more comfortable than in most rigs. This also has a generator room up front, fully armored for safety and silence. We use it for storage instead, but you do you. Because of this 5th wheel I really consider Gulf Stream to be a fantastic brand. Everything about this thing is quality and doesn't feel like an RV, it feels like your second home.
- CAS Rockies, Colorado

2021-09-09 2021 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 279BH View Listings

Bought 4/19/2021! Roof and slide was leaking before 90 days old! It was poorly put together. The sink in the kitchen fell out and the only thing that was holding it up six quarter inch screws and it was a bottom mounted and the sink was a top mount design! Biggest peace of crap I every got! Got pictures if anyone needs them! Do not buy Gulf Stream!!!!!
- Jeremy johnson, Mississippi

2021-09-06 2021 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 268BH View Listings

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. THEIR WORKSMANSHIP IS SIMILIAR TO A 2 YEAR OLD, NON EXISTANT. WE BOUGHT IT TO BE OFF THE GRID FOR A MONTH AND FOUD OUT AFTER 2 DAYS THEY PLUMBER THE SHOWER AND SINK TO THE "BLACK TANK" BECAUSE IT WAS EASIER, SO GUESS WHAT ITS NOT A BLACK TANK! OUR WINDOW SHATTERED TODAY WHILE WE WERE WATCHING TV DUE TO THE WIND. ALL OF THE CUSHION SUPPORTS HAVE COLLAPSED BECAUSE THEY USE TINY STAPLES TO HOLD A PERSONS WEIGHT. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON EXISTANT AND NEVER CALLS BACK
- Keith G Sprau, Colorado

2021-09-04 2021 Gulf Stream Conquest 63111 View Listings

Love this RV, it is perfect with the family and plenty of space to even invite friends. We have gone to Tennessee a few times and the new Godzilla motor just goes, it has no trouble at all pulling this rig. Great RV, absolutely love it! Just bought it a few months ago and have used it 5 times already.
- Denise Martin, Ohio

2021-09-03 2021 Gulf Stream Friendship View Listings

We bought a Frienship by Gulf Stream. Wanted to pay cash but campers inn said We would get a $1,000.00 discount if We financed the camper, so We did. We picked the camper up on a Tuesday. Left on Wednesday morning. Turned on the fridg, let it cool, and put Our food and meds into it. Went We arrived at the campground, We discovered that the fridg had quit working, ruining Our meats and meds. Also one widow has a huge scratch, shower faucet does not work, door folding door handle is broken. We were also told that the awning had LED lights, which it does not. We cannot even use Our camper! It has been a month now, and they keep saying that they are waiting on parts. This is a brand new camper and We only used it the first 2 days, which was a disaster with all 5 issues. Campers Inn in Kings Mountain North Carolina sucks big-time They only care about sales, and nothing about service!!!
- Charles Ball, North Carolina

2021-08-31 2007 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5231 View Listings

I have owned my BT cruiser for 7 years and absolutely love it! It is so quick and easy to set up. The layout is perfect with lots of living area with the 12' slide out. This length unit is so easy to maneuver, pull off the road at small lakes and turn around. Gulf Stream RV's are quality built and ride so smoothly that I often forget I am even driving a motorhome. There are so many standard items that seem like upgrades, such as Corian counters, solid wood cabinetry convection/microwave oven, etc. It is comfortable to drive and just hanging out inside. I highly recommend this RV model.
- Jane Jetley, Idaho

2021-08-15 2021 Gulf Stream Enlighten 25BH View Listings

Loved the design and features but extremely bad craftsmanship. One month after I bought it had to reseal the roof seams. Had a bad leak. Several screws in various things inside where loose or stripped. Outlets are crooked. Front door pops open sometimes even when locked. Over all a rushed crappy job when built. Definitely will not buy another one.
- Raquel Gardepe, New York

2021-08-10 2021 Gulf Stream Conquest W6245D View Listings

Wall slide does not work properly, poor attempt of manufacturing. Metal shavings on floor everytime we use it. The underside outside warped. The rubber cover on bed slips and the molding pops off inside. The bed is horrible. Unable to make it because snapped to wall only three side accessible. The curtains are screwed to low to bed so pop off wall. Along with the shades. It slips behind pillow. Which causes bottom to pop off. Bathroom is not sealed correctly so have a hole in floor between the shower and bedroom. Also the sink is not sealed so top is peeling off. The toilet does not drain correctly into black water tank. In the kitchen the water hoses to sink fell off flooding the press wood under sink. Driver's and passenger seats extremely uncomfortable. Took a trip across U.S. hubcap fell off, radio/video stopped working. Floor on chassis get's extremely hot. Anti swerve light always on. Battery dead everytime we start. Rating 1 to 5 2.5 I bought this coach so I could drive it. My husband was against me purchasing it. Should have listened. Bought August 2020, selling one year later. For something more reliable. Thank you. An honest review will save others from the same misery we endured. We like the towing and length of R.V. had high hopes for this R.V. but let down.
- Teresa M Fields, Washington

2021-08-06 2021 Gulf Stream American-Lite 274QB View Listings

We love our Ameri-Lite. It has an open floor plan with plenty of space for our family. The outdoor kitchen area is great for when you’re sitting out by a fire or cooking on the grill. The extra storage inside and out allows for plenty of space to carry everything you’ll need
- Brent, Georgia

2021-07-21 2021 Gulf Stream Conquest 6080 View Listings

I like the interior design of this motorhome, that's about it. I have always wanted an RV. I was so excited we my wife and I were finally able to purchase one. We went with a "brand new" 2021 so we wouldn't have many problems. Well guess what? PROBLEMS GALORE! On our very 1st trip from Oklahoma to Destin we all of a sudden lost power to the gas peddle. The engine was still running but I pressed the gas and nothing! So, while going 70mph on the highway with semis all around I had somehow try to reach the next exit without getting slammed into. Remember, I could not accelerate at all! With my family in a panic, with lots of prayer and luck I somehow managed to coast to a nearby exit without getting smashed into. So here I am with my Wife, my 8 year old Daughter, Mother and our dog on the side of an exit in Shreveport LA AT 10:45 AT NIGHT!! After tons of calls and sitting on the side of the road in what we learned from the tow truck company to be 1 block from the WORST neighborhood in Shreveport! We managed to find a tow truck company who could fit us all in there truck. When I say fit us in there truck I mean I had my family sitting on the bed inside a dark filthy semi while I was outside with the guy loading up our "BRAND NEW" Conquest. Fast forward 2 extra hotel stays and 2 extra rental cars we did not have in our budget and are currently still trying to dig out of. The RV had to stay in LA while we loaded what we could in a small suv and had to leave all the rest of our things for our vacation in the RV and drove from LA to Destin. Skipping ahead in the story, after vacation witch we had to drive all the way from Destin to OKC in an EVEN SMALLER rental car due to the rental car shortage going on right now, a Gulfstream rep said they would be cordinating picking up and delivering or "BRAND NEW RV" from Shreveport to OKC. Well guess what? They drug there feet so much with this person having to do this and this person having to do that! Finally I said FORGET IT! I will go get it myself!! I like the interior design of this motorhome, that's about it. I have always wanted an RV. I was so excited we my wife and I were finally able to purchase one. We went with a "brand new" 2021 so we wouldn't have many problems. Well guess what? PROBLEMS GALORE! On our very 1st trip from Oklahoma to Destin we all of a sudden lost power to the gas peddle. The engine was still running but I pressed the gas and nothing! So, while going 70mph on the highway with semis all around I had somehow try to reach the next exit without getting slammed into. Remember, I could not accelerate at all! With my family in a panic, with lots of prayer and luck I somehow managed to coast to a nearby exit without getting smashed into. So here I am with my Wife, my 8 year old Daughter, Mother and our dog on the side of an exit in Shreveport LA AT 10:45 AT NIGHT!! After tons of calls and sitting on the side of the road in what we learned from the tow truck company to be 1 block from the WORST neighborhood in Shreveport! We managed to find a tow truck company who could fit us all in there truck. When I say fit us in there truck I mean I had my family sitting on the bed inside a dark filthy semi while I was outside with the guy loading up our "BRAND NEW" Conquest. Fast forward 2 extra hotel stays and 2 extra rental cars we did not have in our budget and are currently still trying to dig out of. The RV had to stay in LA while we loaded what we could in a small suv and had to leave all the rest of our things for our vacation in the RV and drove from LA to Destin. Skipping ahead in the story, after vacation witch we had to drive all the way from Destin to OKC in an EVEN SMALLER rental car due to the rental car shortage going on right now, a Gulfstream rep said they would be coordinating picking up and delivering or "BRAND NEW RV" from Shreveport to OKC. Well guess what? They drug there feet so much with this person having to do this and this person having to do that! Finally I said FORGET IT! I will go get it myself!! So after taking 8 days off work for vacation I take ANOTHER day off, rent ANOTHER car and leave at the crack of dawn (so I can get back for work the next day) drive from OKC to Shreveport and get it myself! It is VERY frustrating to make suck a huge purchase from a company, this go wrong and they DON'T have your back! We spoke to a Gulfstream rep who I will not name who told me they will "SETTLE THE SCORE" Well if settling the score means leave you guys on your own with all of the unexpected rental car fees, tow fees hotel fees and extra time off work I had to take and not do a DARN THING then yes, they for sure settled the score. Gulfstream did NOTHING in good faith for a customer who spend 77,000 on a "BRAND NEW RIG". That is sad and unfortunate. It too bad I have to share this story but people need to know what we went through and see how we were left hanging by this company! I regret purchasing from this company!
- Jason Leach, Oklahoma

2021-07-18 2021 Gulf Stream Enlighten 18BH View Listings

Perfect introductory camper. Low weight allows for towing by most vehicles. Surprisingly roomy inside. Only issues are those that come with most RV's and any super light vehicle... somewhat fragile construction on internal furniture/fixtures.
- Isaac, Montana

2021-07-17 2021 Gulf Stream Ameri-lite 197BH View Listings

Awesome experience amazing customer service. Everyone is so nice. Martin went above and beyond with helping us move our trailer from our home when we pinned it in. Definitely recommend Little Dealer Little Prices!!!
- Vivian Ortiz, Arizona

2021-07-16 2021 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5245 View Listings

2021 Gulfstream BT Cruiser model 5245. Overall a good motorhome. Size is great. Fits easily into most RV parks and campsites. Drives beautifully. Large fuel capacity makes for less stops at the pump and travels greater distances. Plenty of power for towing. We tow a jeep and have never had an issue. Kitchen is great with 3 burner stove top and oven. Lots of good storage. Overhead cabinets did not have cabinet door struts but they were easily installed and work beautifully. Large full side pop-out gives plenty of room to make it very comfortable. Dinette works great for eating and food prepping. Driver and passenger swivel seats are great for entertaining. We added a TV and DVD player it's hook up was easily accomplished with connections already in the coach and the satellite capabilities made locating channels easy. Bathroom is small but that is to be expected in a small RV. It does come with an outdoor shower connection which made washing of feet and equipment a breeze. Manufacturers warranty covered all the bugs expected when purchasing a new unit. All the comforts of home in a compact RV. Overall great unit.
- Frances Mills, Utah

2021-07-12 2005 Gulf Stream Friendship G7 8411 View Listings

This coach not as advertised. There has been body work in spots due to rust this paint is not flawless as described in the video. Tom is not the one time owner of this coach and Everytime I asked a question he had to call someone. Also this coach is now sitting in a dust lot and who knows for how long. I told he that I am willing to pay his asking price and to show him our comment on I sent him photos of our plane tickets from Florida to Portland. When we inspected the vehicle and told him we're not interested he they my luggage out of his truck and told us to leave his lot,and left us stranded and on our own this is not how a business person works.
- Pete, Florida

2021-07-05 2002 Gulf Stream Ultra Sport View Listings

Exceptionally reliable for the 14 years we have owned this RV. It has every appliance and the space we needed to travel for 3 1/2 months in Alaska, plus many other week-long trips. No need to pay high campground fees as it is completely self contained. The Ford E350 chassis and 10 cylinder engine offers superior power and stability. At just over 25', it is easy to maneuver through shopping center parking lots. It is the perfect length for Federal and State campgrounds. Some have maximum length limits. The always-on rear view color camera shows you traffic approaching from the rear. Lots on interior and exterior storage.
- Brian Lane, California

2021-07-03 2021 Gulf Stream Enlighten 25BH View Listings

This is a very cheap, poorly constructed, bottom of the barrel trailer. After only 10 days of ownership.. Water lines leak, gutter leaks, paneling loose in multiple locations, mattress is tearing after only 2 uses, sink leaks, table/bed collapsed while sleeping. I could go on. I regret this purchase and can only hope this trailer lasts more than a few years.
- Thomas Hobbs, California

2021-06-24 2021 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 238RL View Listings

Ordered special floor plan straight from Factory nothing but grief no promises were kept that were made I would never recommend one of these warranty is non-existent customer service is zero. Do they know how to do is make excuses and pass the buck it's always somebody else's problem or somebody else's responsibility they take no responsibility for anything
- Faith Foster Gilley, Utah

2021-06-06 2021 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 189DD View Listings

Bought brand new. Bathroom door mounted that you could see into the bathroom thru the gap. I took the door off, added firring strip to shift door over. Drawer under dinette seat wasn't even screwed in on one side. Back of bench is attached so the back is not aligned right. Kitchen faucet was junk. Replaced it. Drawer for silverware won't stay on track. Have yet to fix that. Feel like I bought a fixer upper, not a brand new unit! The material used is very flimsy overall. THAT'S how they keep the weight so low. I would never buy it again, but it will be a good unit after I replace and rebuild. Ameri-Lite better address their quality control issues. I will never buy another.
- Rebecca wurzel, Wisconsin

2021-06-01 2001 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser View Listings

It’s been fun to drive but need to downsize. It has been my home in Yellowstone for the last four years. I hate to sell it but it’s just too big.it’s comfortable. With the slide out I could actually live in it if I wanted to. I have had great experiences in this RV though only in Yellowstone. Add 110,000 miles, this RV is in great shape. It towed a car very well
- Dean Heisey, Oregon

2021-05-20 2019 Gulf Stream Envision 282BH View Listings

I have had problems with this trailer from the start. It is touted as a four season trailer.. I specifically asked if it would stand up to a Jackson, Wyoming winter. I'm not convinced it would stand up to a Jackson, Mississippi winter. I had trouble with the slide as soon as the temperature dropped believe 40. Usually it would deploy after several tries but it failed completely in freezing temperatures. In addition, the emergency crank wasn't long enough to reach the attachment point. Local RV repair shops wouldn't even look at it because they said they knew from experience they wouldn't get paid.. Gulf Stream's solution was to haul it to the nearest dealer in Salt Lake City. On the next trip to Jackson the heater failed. I was not able to boondock as I had planned so the trip cost a lot more than I anticipated. I paid out of pocket to have RV repairmen try to fix the heater to no avail. The additional expense wiped me out. Again, the suggested solution was Salt Lake City. I decided to head home and have it fixed in Buffalo, NY. The Gul Stream dealerships in Buffalo wouldn't even set an appointment. I've had to take it back to where I bought it. Other problems are minor when compared to the slide failing at 10 degrees and the heater failing at 35. I've had a steady drip with the bathroom faucet and the pipe leading from the black water tank. Lastly, I did some minor damage to the exterior when I bumped things in some tight spots. It took two months for Gulf Stream to respond with prices to replacement parts. Over all I'd have to say that this camper has been quite a disappointment.
- Barbara A. McArthur, New York

2021-04-26 2012 Gulf Stream Kingsport 302RKS View Listings

I absolutely loved my Kingsport. Even after recently buying a brand new camper, the new one feels flimsy and no where near as well made as my Kingsport. It felt more like a tiny home instead of a camper. Also was able to tow it with my Suburban that has a tow package.
- Sarah Taravath, North Carolina

2021-04-26 2021 Gulf Stream Enlighten 25BH View Listings

JUNK JUNK JUNK! **STAY AWAY!!** Purchased brand new from Camping World Georgetown Kentucky (which has been as unpleasant working with them as it has owning this camper). First trip out, no heat, no hot water, trim hanging from ceiling and all over from not properly being attached upon assembly, TV antenna didn’t work, toilet leaked, amongst other small issues. CW took it back and “fixed” the issues. Got it back, first trip out, no heat again, no hot water again, and MASSIVE water leakage into the camper from it raining in Bristol Tennessee. Don’t bite on their BS. This camper looks good. THATS IT.
- Garth Massie, Ohio