Gulf Stream Reviews on RV Insider (157)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Gulf Stream RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jeff Schulte from Arkansas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2011 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 19KD View Listings

This RV is a fair-middle of the road RV. For the price it is a good buy. Pros: light easy on the pulling weight, comes with many extra 'fluff' that you would normally pay extra for ie. stereo system. Cons: the quality of the manufacturer workmanship is lacking. For example, shavings left inside the compartments, poorly attached items with screws and fasteners loose and/or stripped, not to mention the widely spaced and non symmetrical placement as well as loose and dangling wiring within the coach itself. Overall, it pulls well even with mid-sized Ford Ranger. It should also be noted that the front of the coach is like a big sail when pulling down the expressway. Aero-dynamics is certainly not its' forte.
- Jeff Schulte, Arkansas

2020-11-20 2018 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 198BH View Listings

Bad boy. The doors don’t fit the roof leaks slide want work on 12 volt outlets don’t work. Tongue is not even with the frame more stuff bad water tank want empty. All other tanks are small out side receptical don’t work
- Dale Hunter, Georgia

2020-11-08 2019 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite Ultra-Lite 274QB View Listings

In 40years of camping and owner of new and used tt this is the worst one I ever had. poorly billet leaked from day one now rotted. Dealer and Gulf Stream refuses to do anything about it.Oh did I mention that the axel is bent still nothing
- mjmck12, Florida

2020-10-25 2004 Gulf Stream Conquest Ultra 6295 View Listings

Awesome floor plan for a 29-30 Foot RV. Sleeps 7 comfortably. Two slides outs. 2004, Gulf Stream put in larger Living Room slideout that really opens up the interior. Three queen beds plus dinette sleeping. I love this floor plan. Fully self-contained bathroom versus the typical split bathrooms found in most RV's where the shower is on one side and vanity on the other, leaving no privacy. 6295 has the shower, vanity and toilet all in one room and can be used with privacy without blocking in the master bedroom occupant.
- Nick, California

2020-10-23 2010 Gulf Stream Innsbruck 29SBW View Listings

Everything electrical has failed horribly! I have a 2010 Innsbruck by Gulf Stream 32’ pull behind. New battery, new hot water heater, new water pump, new hot water heater tester, new micro meter, new thermostat, new censor cables, so many news it is hard to list! I moved the trailer 30 miles away, now non of the electrical outlets are working! No tripped fuses, no breaker trips, battery was charged. Just not works no at the gfci! This rv is a nightmare! If you are thinking of buying, don’t look at on of these! Nothing but problems!
- Jon Cole, Indiana

2020-10-02 2021 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 238RL View Listings

Buyer beware! CampMart RV Canada sales is not worth wasting your time. We purchased a 2021 Gulf Stream Envision in July and have had issues with the sales person lying to us repeatedly, he is a very shady and deceptive sales person, once they get their money they have no interest in helping correct manufacturing defects or honouring the agreement between sales and myself. CampMart buys low end RVs, has deceiving sales tactics and zero people or customer service skills. Find yourself a small mom and pop dealer to purchase any RV’s or supplies.
- Warren B, Ontario

2020-09-15 2020 Gulf Stream Conquest 301TB View Listings

Best part of this NEW Conquest is we bought the extended warranty. Now we can take it to a different rv dealer for service. Original selling dealer was..terrible. I like that it is built on the Chevy chassis. There are some nice features but way way too many problems for a brand new motorhome. Needed a new Roof, Numerous leaks in plumbing, Electrical drain(probably the radio unit that GStream knew about and allegedly was fixed) and now a leaking egress window over the bed. I truly thought that Gulf Stream was one of the good manufacturers. First and last Gulf Stream
- bud, Alabama

2020-08-30 2019 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5245 View Listings

2019 Btcruiser 5210 Review 8/30/2020 It's probably safe to write a first review after 10,000 miles. Traveled from Southwestern Florida to Arizona and back. Blue Ridge Parkway dry camping. Various Florida campgrounds. I am 83 and travel by myself with my Chihuahua. I expect all the comforts of home when dry camping. I have had several small motorhomes for many years so I know what I need. I added solar panel and satellite TV. Had a new 12v wire run to 500w inverter to run TV, and satellite. I have the 2 couch model. I rounded off sink end of the table to be able to slide in and out easily. Table bungees nicely behind passenger seat. Put lever control on shower head to conserve water. Sleeps 2, lives 1. The good: Absolutely brilliant design. All the complaints I have had with previous motorhomes have been resolved. Automatic step, automatic awning, and the entry light switch is down by the step. When inside,, turns off and on easily with your foot. Large rocker control switch. Large HD TV. Large round sink takes up a bit too much space, but good for washing clothes. Nice large shower (I'm 6'1"). Oven, fridge and stove work perfectly. Leave electric switch on hot water heater on and any time you run Gen or connect you have plenty of hot water. Automatic thermostat holds coach at desired temp. Awning windows can be forgotten open and rain does not get in. I leave one couch made up as bed at all times. I mostly leave table up as I travel. Adequate fresh water if you are careful. I go 5 weeks without having to empty black water because I do not use bathroom sink. The bad Assembly was careless. Screen door had to be rehung and adjusted. Top shower slide rod popped out while taking shower. 5" strip of gorilla tape provides permanent fix. Bottom Corner of shower needed to be caulked. One exterior door magnet missing. Someone dropped a screw driver point first on roof. Let water go down and migrate back to shower skylight. Son filled with caulk. Someone somewhere stepped on bathroom vent and cracked. Much finger pointing. This is my 3rd E350. All had driving design problems. Ford avoids addressing these. My recommendation: If you want to boondocks, at 22' this is just about perfect. I am adding seelevel gauges since the included ones are totally worthless, as are all such gauges. I am a rough user. I go wherever strikes my fancy. I expect to be able to stay anywhere for at least a week in complete comfort. This MH will do that, possibly for 2.
- Bob Richardson, Florida

2020-08-28 2018 Gulf Stream Conquest 6320 View Listings

I have had a terrible experience with my rv. I have had water issues , had to get a new air conditioner, all the trim on countertop has come off. Numerous issues.Tried to talk with them. I feel i bought a lemon. They arent doing anything.
- s. Mroczek, Wisconsin

2020-08-17 2021 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 238RL View Listings

BUYER BEWARE!!! Does not warranty, SHODDY CRAFTMANSHIP, purchased at the St.L camper show Feb 2020.... I should have listened to my gut and ran!! slide out BIG NIGHTMARE. The mechanics should always be included... They fix shoddy craftman ship... This design and assembly crew GO BACK TO SCHOOL!! Does anyone... anyone at all.... know how to use a tape measure anymore. TRIM coming off, camper made of cheap pine, panelling staples, glue. No storage! No shelves! cabinet doors installed backwards, no suppport, slide sleeping area croocked, calf on your legs scratched up. It is literally FALLING APART. No where can you fit any storage tubs for anything under kitchen benches. 3 tables, 3 trips back to dealer, (live 45 min in one direction). 3 times for the damn entry door! (I pointed out on the 3rd time, fix the striker plate!) ventatalation sucks, Ac unit very loud, hard to fall asleep. Ac thermostat on 3rd trip out breaks, we cut vaca short in 100* weather, We replaced the thermostat and grab the grands and went to Tx. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEYS ON THIS COMPANY!! When the companies people walk out after a sale, I turned around to ask a question, they were high 5ing each other. okay, they were happy, I did NOT get the color interior I ordered and it has been a night mare ever since... Gulfstream answer to repairs is to rig everything up.. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION??? AVOID THIS COMPANY!!! BUYER BEWARE... BEWARE...BEWARE....YOU have been warned.
- susan, Missouri

2020-07-10 2020 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 248BH View Listings

My wife and I bought a brand-new amerlite travel travel trailer first,new one ever so like many we thought golfstream good quality unit.we thought wrong used it 7 times first time it rained it leacked took it back to boat and rv they had it for 8 months we got it back yesterday and it's still not like it was when we bought it you can see Were they filled stuff with silicone and were they patched the roof i reached out to you guys and no one would help us poor customer service on your part and boat n rv I will never by one that's made by golfstream and I will tell everyone I know not to buy your unites this was a bad a experience and I never want to see anyone go through what my wife and I went through
- Albert Krebs jr, Pennsylvania

2020-06-20 2019 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite Super Lite 199RK View Listings

For a small family looking to weekend camp, this trailer was great. We used it approximately 8 or 9 times over an 18 month period and enjoyed it. As with almost anything, if you care for an item and treat it well, it will last. We used the trailer, but did not abuse it. We had no issues with build quality, even though we had been concerned they might come up due to the "budget friendly" nature of the manufacturer. It pulled like a dream behind our F-150 (2.7 ecoboost) and we still got nearly 11mpg while trailering it. For someone looking to get into a first time travel trailer, I would definitely recommend considering the Ameri-Lite line of trailers.
- Bryan, Texas

2020-06-16 2019 Gulf Stream Conquest 6320 View Listings

Be aware, just like homes built today the materials are not quality. IE instead of SOLID wood you get press board. The mattress foam is useless. The day/ night shade pulled out of the wall the first time i used it. The "new" shower door system is very flimsy. My previous RV was a Gulfstream i loved for years and that's why i paid CASH for this one. The bedroom slide is above the 1 big storage area with NO partition between the storage area & the bed. i removed the bathroom door 'cos it wouldn't stay closed and would smash into the sink everytime i braked. The stove cover is improperly installed &now it needs a shim to work. The back square bumper is already rusting. Gulfstream said take it back to the dealer. It's a manufacturer fault not a dealers. sheesh Things that are good: the layout, the storage above the cab, the awnings, the popup counter by the kitchen sink, the size of the bathroom, the decor, the appliances, the camber on the roof, all the "extras" like solar/cable ready, the "walkaround" bed. i would suggest someone buy a floorplan like this just not this manufacturer.
- denise, California

2020-06-11 2020 Gulf Stream Conquest 301TB View Listings

Purchased from Great Outdoors RV in Auburn, worse customer services ever. Have had to fix severely things myself haven’t even owned it 6 months. Obvious your company takes no pride in their workmanship, very poorly built.
- Stacey Brown, New York

2020-06-03 2020 Gulf Stream Vintage Cruiser 19ERD View Listings

This trailer is awesome in many different ways. It carries the beautiful Vintage look while having many modern features of today for travel trailers. It is a full functioning trailer and can sleep 4 adults comfortably. It is liteweight and easy to tow with the correct hitch and sway bars. It stands strong against high winds and thunderstorms with hail. It has nice views from the windows and the dinette can seat 4 adults comfortably. It's about the only trailer of its size that can have 2 separate TVs inside.
- Vincent Bennett , Texas

2020-06-01 2003 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5230B View Listings

Great little RV for a couple. Smooth driving. Rides great. Well maintained, so no surprises on a trip. Took 3 trips; q) Florida for 2 weeks, 2) Charleston for an extended weekend, and 3) Portland Maine to visit new in-laws. We decided to tow a "toad" to get around better. Love this so much, we are upgrading to a small class A.
- Thomas Ryan, Georgia

2020-05-16 2003 Gulf Stream Prairie Schooner 37FKS View Listings

Nice floorplan, ordered new. Lived in while contacting in Michigan and Iowa. Kitchen window started leaking first year, then window on opposite side by entry door the following year. Utility door in basement started leaking by third year. Large window in rear of rv started leaking after year seven. Pulled out couch one time and noticed a hole cut into the wall with no outlet installed, not even the electrical outlet and no wires. Amish craftsmen my ass! This rv was stored outside in storage lots when not in use. Sold in 2006 for $2000 as the water leaks had caused massive damage.
- Geoff Schofield , Michigan

2020-05-16 1991 Gulf Stream Sun Clipper 8303SE View Listings

Condition as described, very nice. Actually, We’ve looked at several motorhomes and this is the nicest one that we’ve looked at. This motorhome has obviously been well taken care of. Thee didn’t seem to be any stains on the fabric or on the carpet. There didn’t seem to be any thing wrong with the rest of the motorhome. Both conditioners had cold air. The motor started quickly and ran very smoothly. The gentleman was extremely nice and not pushy. We just don’t have all the money right now, just looking.
- Nancy Forbes, Arizona

2020-05-08 2019 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite Super Lite 198BH View Listings

Easy to pull and set up...I suggest getting the rear camera to assist in backing up. All the basics you need for a comfy week away from home. Solar input to assist your battery, propane to run your frig (that also runs on elec), nice ceiling mounted cooling, plenty of storage, off grid water tank as well as shore supplied, sleeps four easily (kids get the two bunks), bathroom is just enough room for a big guy like me. Easily understood inverter and breakers, wall mounted quick reference panel for your tanks and battery. For the price....a very good deal!
- Michael , Oklahoma

2020-04-28 2008 Gulf Stream Conquest Super Nova 6400 View Listings

This model rig is hard to find. Like EVERY single rig made, you will eventually need to maintain it, repair items that fail along the way and keep on top of your routine maintenance. This rig has been really solid for us. The floorplan is exceptional, the materials used to construct it are solid and it has plenty of power. I see new $200K+ rigs on the side of the road all the time. For the money, you can't beat the head-turning appeal of this beast. If you aren't a generally handy or resourceful person, ANY rig will be a problem eventually. You can get an extended insurance type warranty from Good Sam that will cover you for the most expensive repairs should they come up. All in all, we have been VERY pleased with this rig. And we are full timers, so that should say something.
- Matthew Hearn, Nevada

2020-04-04 2014 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser 19RBS View Listings

I really like this RV with the walk around bed. Pleanty interior lighting, radio with speakers inside and out. Big bathroom with a great vanity, and medicine cabinet. Lots of storage throughout the rv including pass through storage outside.
- Kathy Merriman , Florida

2020-03-05 2008 Gulf Stream Conquest Super Nova 6400 View Listings

This is an extremely rare model. The floorplan is fantastic, with 2 bathrooms, a semi-private bunk system, cabover sleeping loft and generally well thought out living design. The components that were used to create these Conquest Series rigs is solid. With a semi-truck front-end, this thing really turns heads and gets people asking to see it. All around solid exploration suite.
- Matthew Hearn, Nevada

2020-02-07 2017 Gulf Stream Vintage Cruiser 19ERD View Listings

This is an excellent camper. tows easily, great floor plan, has lots of little things most do not include like the solar hookups and outside shower. Nice awning with led lights, 2x20 gal propane, cable, outside speakers on and on. Love the retro look yet modern amenities.
- markE, Georgia

2020-02-04 2012 Gulf Stream Visa 23CSK View Listings

excellent rv, the curved roof is easily maintained and the trailer is a great bunkhouse with one of every appliance and a nice slideout and kitchenette. factory support was great for having a radio wired in and warranty on the awning was great!
- Brian Polster, Pennsylvania

2019-12-09 2000 Gulf Stream Tourmaster 8430 Millennium Edition View Listings

Just drove the new the new to me coach 745 miles from FL to AL. It had 33,000 miles on it and everything is still like new. The original owners were meticulous. The coach air ride suspension allows me to snore in the reclining co-pilot seat when momma takes the wheel. The Cummings M11 sipped the fuel at 8.3 mpg and she tipped the scale at 33,000 lbs. The Allison HD 4060 was a little rough automatically shifting down going down hill at about 60 mph. And there another rough shift down 3 to 2 around 15 mph. Still don’t know what to think about that. The aqua hot system needs to be serviced I didn’t have very much I water but that was expected for a rig this old. Once serviced, I’m sure it will be awesome filling up the whirlpool tub.
- Ronald Martel, Alabama