Gulf Stream

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Gulf Stream RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Andrew from Iowa says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2020 Gulf Stream Vintage Cruiser 19ERD View Listings

Quality, value, and innovation are the core values that have been a part of the Gulf Stream Coach way of doing business since it was founded in Nappanee, Indiana, by Jim Shea and his sons. I have reached out to Gulfstream to request an extension of the manufactures warranty due to excessive warranty repairs and other issues related to this unit. Some of the items are considered major such as the refrigerator being replaced twice because it won’t seal 50% of the floor support under the shower never being installed. Now I have found the bathroom door is three inches out of plumb at the floor. I understand it can be fixed but look at all the lost time we have with this unit. Now to fix the floor and the wall we will lose it for a long time because they will have to rip everything out to replace the floor because of the holes that will be left behind after moving the wall. I was told by Gulfstream that they won’t do any more than repair the problems within the warranty. Seriously? It costs the manufacture nothing to extend the warranty a year unless there are problems. I guess they can’t stand behind their product longer than the three year warranty otherwise they could do this to keep a customer happy. From there web site and I quote: (Quality, value, and innovation are the core values that have been a part of the Gulf Stream Coach way of doing business since it was founded in Nappanee, Indiana, by Jim Shea and his sons.) “Yeah right”
- Andrew, Iowa

2021-05-20 2019 Gulf Stream Envision 282BH View Listings

I have had problems with this trailer from the start. It is touted as a four season trailer.. I specifically asked if it would stand up to a Jackson, Wyoming winter. I'm not convinced it would stand up to a Jackson, Mississippi winter. I had trouble with the slide as soon as the temperature dropped believe 40. Usually it would deploy after several tries but it failed completely in freezing temperatures. In addition, the emergency crank wasn't long enough to reach the attachment point. Local RV repair shops wouldn't even look at it because they said they knew from experience they wouldn't get paid.. Gulf Stream's solution was to haul it to the nearest dealer in Salt Lake City. On the next trip to Jackson the heater failed. I was not able to boondock as I had planned so the trip cost a lot more than I anticipated. I paid out of pocket to have RV repairmen try to fix the heater to no avail. The additional expense wiped me out. Again, the suggested solution was Salt Lake City. I decided to head home and have it fixed in Buffalo, NY. The Gul Stream dealerships in Buffalo wouldn't even set an appointment. I've had to take it back to where I bought it. Other problems are minor when compared to the slide failing at 10 degrees and the heater failing at 35. I've had a steady drip with the bathroom faucet and the pipe leading from the black water tank. Lastly, I did some minor damage to the exterior when I bumped things in some tight spots. It took two months for Gulf Stream to respond with prices to replacement parts. Over all I'd have to say that this camper has been quite a disappointment.
- Barbara A. McArthur, New York

2021-04-26 2012 Gulf Stream Kingsport 302RKS View Listings

I absolutely loved my Kingsport. Even after recently buying a brand new camper, the new one feels flimsy and no where near as well made as my Kingsport. It felt more like a tiny home instead of a camper. Also was able to tow it with my Suburban that has a tow package.
- Sarah Taravath, North Carolina

2021-04-26 2021 Gulf Stream Enlighten 25BH View Listings

JUNK JUNK JUNK! **STAY AWAY!!** Purchased brand new from Camping World Georgetown Kentucky (which has been as unpleasant working with them as it has owning this camper). First trip out, no heat, no hot water, trim hanging from ceiling and all over from not properly being attached upon assembly, TV antenna didn’t work, toilet leaked, amongst other small issues. CW took it back and “fixed” the issues. Got it back, first trip out, no heat again, no hot water again, and MASSIVE water leakage into the camper from it raining in Bristol Tennessee. Don’t bite on their BS. This camper looks good. THATS IT.
- Garth Massie, Ohio

2021-04-24 2021 Gulf Stream Innsbruck View Listings

Gulfstream trailers are some of the worst craftsmanship that i have seen in my 40 years of camping.I bought this camper from BO'S TRAILER WORLD in Athens,Ga. The entrance door is sticking and bending the hindges,the company put a screw through the awning cover which is dripping rain water at the door,the hot water heater don't work,the a/c thermastat don't work properly,these are just a few of the problems,they are alot more.I am getting NO HELP at all from BO'S.PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I HAVE MADE ,DO NOT BUY FROM BO'S AND DON'T BUY A GULFSTREAM PRODUCT AS THEY ARE JUNK....
- ALBERT R. WALKER, Georgia

2021-04-18 2011 Gulf Stream Conquest 279QBL View Listings

1 (current) owner. This RV has not been used much. Light weight, one slide out for additional spacing, double bunk house in the back room, queen bed in front bedroom, full kitchen. Smoke and pet free.
- ROBERT Doss jr., Illinois

2021-04-15 2019 Gulf Stream Vintage Cruiser 19MBS View Listings

The Vintage Cruiser 19MBS Travel Trailer was truly our home on wheels. The moment we saw it, we knew that this would be the RV for us. Although many RV's have similar options, layouts, etc. . . The Vintage look and woody interior gave the RV a very livable and home-like feel. We still shopped around to see other RV brands, but most of them felt quite antiseptic. When you are stuck in a relatively small space, it is important to have the right feeling. There will be days when it is pouring rain, or freezing cold. We almost looked forward to these days as we remained comfortable and content inside our 19 MBS. The Murphy bed option allows for a much roomier interior when the bed is up. We also found that the tank capacities were quite generous allowing us to live off-grid for days at a time without running out of propane of water. (double propane tanks, large water capacity, and we upgraded to 2 batteries) For a lightweight RV that can be towed by a mid-size SUV or small truck, you can't beat the interior space and features. For the price point, I would highly recommend this model RV.
- Jay Tabac, Ontario

2021-03-15 2021 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 279BH View Listings

Owned our Amerilite for 8 months, on our third trip found the window by the dinet has been leaking long enough to cause the boards to mold. The gas struts on the outdoor kitchen failed during our first trip. If you run the water pump with the lights on it will blow a fuse. Water lines are ran wrong and mislabeled. At first I thought I got one that was built on a Friday after lunch but after reading reviews I see it's a quality issue with this brand. Steer clear. I miss my Jayco!
- Chris, Missouri

2021-02-28 2005 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 View Listings

I have owned mine for 11 years. It drives great with very little truck wind effects. Very dependable. Good storage. With the Duramax, it pulls my 21 foot trailer with a car on it very good. I still love it.
- Dave Tallant, Missouri

2021-02-16 2021 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 238RL View Listings

We bought this camper in August of 2020, brand new. In a 6 month period, it’s spent 4 1/2 months at Gander RV for repair! The camper wasn’t properly sealed and we have water damage in the front compartment and the manufacturer just wants to put a bandage on it and not fix the damage done. They won’t authorize the repair to make sure all damage is fixed! I’m beyond frustrated and irritated with the whole situation! There warranty claim guy is very rude also!! Let me add that the only time this camper is out in the weather is while camping and while sitting on the lot waiting for repairs because we store it in an enclosed building! Do not buy a camper made by Gulf Stream!!!
- Melissa M, Alabama

2021-02-12 2021 Gulf Stream Enlighten 25BH View Listings

JUNK!!! Good quality and values my butt. Crappy customer service.. first the water pump was leaking, then the shower was leaking Bc of the cheap silicone around tub, screen door won’t latch, pressure regulator for the propane quit working. Last time we had it out camping noticed the paneling in front compartment was buckled apparent water damage. The cause of that was due to the lack of sealer on the roof and down the front trim edge not to mention the fact that 2 pieces of the metal siding along the back of the unit was cut to short and does not go under the corner trim. Now it’s been sitting at the dealer getting rained on for almost 2 months while it’s currently under management review with Gulf Stream. I will never own another camper made by Gulf Stream and I will not recommend this company to anyone.. I should have kept my Coleman pop-up it was better built and didn’t leak and it was a 2000 model
- Jon Buchanan, Alabama

2021-01-20 2013 Gulf Stream Visa 19RDS View Listings

My wife and I have loved our experience with our Visa travel trailer. It has so many comforts of home that it felt like an extension of our home. Exterior speakers and gas grill made for many great camping experiences. The heat is robust and allowed us to use it most of the year. I've pulled it with my Chevy Silverado 1500 with no problem.
- Steven Lombardo, North Carolina

2021-01-18 2006 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser MB View Listings

I will offer information but also I would like to ask the community a question about this model, of which I am already an owner. IMO, the most significant feature of this RV is the Mercedes Benz 5 cyl. ( later models 6 cyl. ) DIESEL engine. The engine is long-lived, reliable, and gives the freedom of not worrying about driving expensive miles due to the low fuel consumption. Table seat cushions are mushy and uncomfortable though, looking to replace them. My question to other owners: the vehicle is very top heavy, and I believe there is the danger of TIP-OVER. Even just pulling out of a beveled driveway on an angle, the vehicle rocks side to side excessively. I imagine a sharp turn at enough speed, or turning on an opposite canted incline, might cause the vehicle to turn over. Anyone else notice the same anomaly or have any information ? Thanks - Stephan
- Stephan M., New York

2020-12-19 2021 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 238RL View Listings

I love my 236rl its built very well and is a family owned company much better quality than the mass produced models out there. Great value to as compared to some of the others i did my hoomework before buying.
- jay, North Carolina

2020-11-20 2018 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 198BH View Listings

Bad boy. The doors don’t fit the roof leaks slide want work on 12 volt outlets don’t work. Tongue is not even with the frame more stuff bad water tank want empty. All other tanks are small out side receptical don’t work
- Dale Hunter, Georgia

2020-11-08 2019 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite Ultra-Lite 274QB View Listings

In 40years of camping and owner of new and used tt this is the worst one I ever had. poorly billet leaked from day one now rotted. Dealer and Gulf Stream refuses to do anything about it.Oh did I mention that the axel is bent still nothing
- mjmck12, Florida

2020-10-25 2004 Gulf Stream Conquest Ultra 6295 View Listings

Awesome floor plan for a 29-30 Foot RV. Sleeps 7 comfortably. Two slides outs. 2004, Gulf Stream put in larger Living Room slideout that really opens up the interior. Three queen beds plus dinette sleeping. I love this floor plan. Fully self-contained bathroom versus the typical split bathrooms found in most RV's where the shower is on one side and vanity on the other, leaving no privacy. 6295 has the shower, vanity and toilet all in one room and can be used with privacy without blocking in the master bedroom occupant.
- Nick, California

2020-10-23 2010 Gulf Stream Innsbruck 29SBW View Listings

Everything electrical has failed horribly! I have a 2010 Innsbruck by Gulf Stream 32’ pull behind. New battery, new hot water heater, new water pump, new hot water heater tester, new micro meter, new thermostat, new censor cables, so many news it is hard to list! I moved the trailer 30 miles away, now non of the electrical outlets are working! No tripped fuses, no breaker trips, battery was charged. Just not works no at the gfci! This rv is a nightmare! If you are thinking of buying, don’t look at on of these! Nothing but problems!
- Jon Cole, Indiana

2020-10-02 2021 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 238RL View Listings

Buyer beware! CampMart RV Canada sales is not worth wasting your time. We purchased a 2021 Gulf Stream Envision in July and have had issues with the sales person lying to us repeatedly, he is a very shady and deceptive sales person, once they get their money they have no interest in helping correct manufacturing defects or honouring the agreement between sales and myself. CampMart buys low end RVs, has deceiving sales tactics and zero people or customer service skills. Find yourself a small mom and pop dealer to purchase any RV’s or supplies.
- Warren B, Ontario

2020-09-15 2020 Gulf Stream Conquest 301TB View Listings

Best part of this NEW Conquest is we bought the extended warranty. Now we can take it to a different rv dealer for service. Original selling dealer was..terrible. I like that it is built on the Chevy chassis. There are some nice features but way way too many problems for a brand new motorhome. Needed a new Roof, Numerous leaks in plumbing, Electrical drain(probably the radio unit that GStream knew about and allegedly was fixed) and now a leaking egress window over the bed. I truly thought that Gulf Stream was one of the good manufacturers. First and last Gulf Stream
- bud, Alabama

2020-08-30 2019 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5245 View Listings

2019 Btcruiser 5210 Review 8/30/2020 It's probably safe to write a first review after 10,000 miles. Traveled from Southwestern Florida to Arizona and back. Blue Ridge Parkway dry camping. Various Florida campgrounds. I am 83 and travel by myself with my Chihuahua. I expect all the comforts of home when dry camping. I have had several small motorhomes for many years so I know what I need. I added solar panel and satellite TV. Had a new 12v wire run to 500w inverter to run TV, and satellite. I have the 2 couch model. I rounded off sink end of the table to be able to slide in and out easily. Table bungees nicely behind passenger seat. Put lever control on shower head to conserve water. Sleeps 2, lives 1. The good: Absolutely brilliant design. All the complaints I have had with previous motorhomes have been resolved. Automatic step, automatic awning, and the entry light switch is down by the step. When inside,, turns off and on easily with your foot. Large rocker control switch. Large HD TV. Large round sink takes up a bit too much space, but good for washing clothes. Nice large shower (I'm 6'1"). Oven, fridge and stove work perfectly. Leave electric switch on hot water heater on and any time you run Gen or connect you have plenty of hot water. Automatic thermostat holds coach at desired temp. Awning windows can be forgotten open and rain does not get in. I leave one couch made up as bed at all times. I mostly leave table up as I travel. Adequate fresh water if you are careful. I go 5 weeks without having to empty black water because I do not use bathroom sink. The bad Assembly was careless. Screen door had to be rehung and adjusted. Top shower slide rod popped out while taking shower. 5" strip of gorilla tape provides permanent fix. Bottom Corner of shower needed to be caulked. One exterior door magnet missing. Someone dropped a screw driver point first on roof. Let water go down and migrate back to shower skylight. Son filled with caulk. Someone somewhere stepped on bathroom vent and cracked. Much finger pointing. This is my 3rd E350. All had driving design problems. Ford avoids addressing these. My recommendation: If you want to boondocks, at 22' this is just about perfect. I am adding seelevel gauges since the included ones are totally worthless, as are all such gauges. I am a rough user. I go wherever strikes my fancy. I expect to be able to stay anywhere for at least a week in complete comfort. This MH will do that, possibly for 2.
- Bob Richardson, Florida

2020-08-28 2018 Gulf Stream Conquest 6320 View Listings

I have had a terrible experience with my rv. I have had water issues , had to get a new air conditioner, all the trim on countertop has come off. Numerous issues.Tried to talk with them. I feel i bought a lemon. They arent doing anything.
- s. Mroczek, Wisconsin

2020-08-17 2021 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 238RL View Listings

BUYER BEWARE!!! Does not warranty, SHODDY CRAFTMANSHIP, purchased at the St.L camper show Feb 2020.... I should have listened to my gut and ran!! slide out BIG NIGHTMARE. The mechanics should always be included... They fix shoddy craftman ship... This design and assembly crew GO BACK TO SCHOOL!! Does anyone... anyone at all.... know how to use a tape measure anymore. TRIM coming off, camper made of cheap pine, panelling staples, glue. No storage! No shelves! cabinet doors installed backwards, no suppport, slide sleeping area croocked, calf on your legs scratched up. It is literally FALLING APART. No where can you fit any storage tubs for anything under kitchen benches. 3 tables, 3 trips back to dealer, (live 45 min in one direction). 3 times for the damn entry door! (I pointed out on the 3rd time, fix the striker plate!) ventatalation sucks, Ac unit very loud, hard to fall asleep. Ac thermostat on 3rd trip out breaks, we cut vaca short in 100* weather, We replaced the thermostat and grab the grands and went to Tx. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEYS ON THIS COMPANY!! When the companies people walk out after a sale, I turned around to ask a question, they were high 5ing each other. okay, they were happy, I did NOT get the color interior I ordered and it has been a night mare ever since... Gulfstream answer to repairs is to rig everything up.. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION??? AVOID THIS COMPANY!!! BUYER BEWARE... BEWARE...BEWARE....YOU have been warned.
- susan, Missouri

2020-07-10 2020 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 248BH View Listings

My wife and I bought a brand-new amerlite travel travel trailer first,new one ever so like many we thought golfstream good quality unit.we thought wrong used it 7 times first time it rained it leacked took it back to boat and rv they had it for 8 months we got it back yesterday and it's still not like it was when we bought it you can see Were they filled stuff with silicone and were they patched the roof i reached out to you guys and no one would help us poor customer service on your part and boat n rv I will never by one that's made by golfstream and I will tell everyone I know not to buy your unites this was a bad a experience and I never want to see anyone go through what my wife and I went through
- Albert Krebs jr, Pennsylvania

2020-06-20 2019 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite Super Lite 199RK View Listings

For a small family looking to weekend camp, this trailer was great. We used it approximately 8 or 9 times over an 18 month period and enjoyed it. As with almost anything, if you care for an item and treat it well, it will last. We used the trailer, but did not abuse it. We had no issues with build quality, even though we had been concerned they might come up due to the "budget friendly" nature of the manufacturer. It pulled like a dream behind our F-150 (2.7 ecoboost) and we still got nearly 11mpg while trailering it. For someone looking to get into a first time travel trailer, I would definitely recommend considering the Ameri-Lite line of trailers.
- Bryan, Texas