Gulf Stream Envision

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Gulf Stream Envision RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

2021-05-20 2019 Gulf Stream Envision 282BH View Listings

I have had problems with this trailer from the start. It is touted as a four season trailer.. I specifically asked if it would stand up to a Jackson, Wyoming winter. I'm not convinced it would stand up to a Jackson, Mississippi winter. I had trouble with the slide as soon as the temperature dropped believe 40. Usually it would deploy after several tries but it failed completely in freezing temperatures. In addition, the emergency crank wasn't long enough to reach the attachment point. Local RV repair shops wouldn't even look at it because they said they knew from experience they wouldn't get paid.. Gulf Stream's solution was to haul it to the nearest dealer in Salt Lake City. On the next trip to Jackson the heater failed. I was not able to boondock as I had planned so the trip cost a lot more than I anticipated. I paid out of pocket to have RV repairmen try to fix the heater to no avail. The additional expense wiped me out. Again, the suggested solution was Salt Lake City. I decided to head home and have it fixed in Buffalo, NY. The Gul Stream dealerships in Buffalo wouldn't even set an appointment. I've had to take it back to where I bought it. Other problems are minor when compared to the slide failing at 10 degrees and the heater failing at 35. I've had a steady drip with the bathroom faucet and the pipe leading from the black water tank. Lastly, I did some minor damage to the exterior when I bumped things in some tight spots. It took two months for Gulf Stream to respond with prices to replacement parts. Over all I'd have to say that this camper has been quite a disappointment.
- Barbara A. McArthur, New York