Gulf Stream BT Cruiser RVs Reviews (19)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Gulf Stream BT Cruiser RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Jim Laverdiere from Indiana says:

Have you owned any Gulf Stream BT Cruiser RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2004 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5270 View Listings

This is an incredible RV. The quality of construction is high. The usable life is easily 20 years with regular maintenance. The Ford V10 with 5 speed automatic is a perfect match for this E450 Super duty. Mileage is reasonable for 12,500 pounds at 10 mpg. The 55 gallon fuel tank makes 450 mile runs between fuel stops nice. The furnace and air conditioner are sized right. The refrigerator and stove/oven are excellent. I really liked the 1 slide making the living room larger. The rear bedroom is also very nice. Don't expect a great ride...it is a truck.
- Jim Laverdiere, Indiana

2019-10-10 2017 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5230 View Listings

This RV is just what I wanted, but I can't fit my scooter through the door. So, I must sell it. It is quite roomy, has a slide-out, a full-sized bathroom, 2 closets, a large fridge,an oven and best of all, it is on a Ford chasis and can haul 7,500 pounds!This is the perfect RV for the horsey person, whether you are showing, trail riding or buying more, you will be happy with this unit. It also has extra extended warranties, as we really hoped it would work for us,but, for health reasons, we must sell.
- Michele Campbell, Illinois

2019-06-27 2007 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5272 View Listings

This is a very comfortable and livable motorhome. It has 2 slides which gives you so much more livable space when parked. We have only used the motorhome twice since purchasing as my husband had another brain bleed in December and is unable to drive at this time. I am very comfortable driving the vehicle, but he is just not comfortable traveling right now. It is in excellent condition. It has plenty of power on the road with a 6.0 Vortex Chevrolet engine.
- acline, North Carolina

2019-06-24 2006 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5291 View Listings

My wife and I liked this Rv. from the day we bought it in 2010, It was used and not well taken care of, however we gave it some TLC, and it turned out great.We made a lot of upgrades over the nine years we had it, and kept up with all the maintenance it needed. Now some health problems are showing up, It's time for us to let it go, I don't want to but It's time for some other family to enjoy it.I hope they will enjoy it as much as my wife and I have.
- Robert Winfield, Arizona

2019-04-09 2004 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5270 View Listings

I have owned this Motorhome its 15 now and is made like a tank we never had any issues it rides nice the layout for a couple is perfect with queen bed in the rear. I will never sell it because it gives me no reason to. On a Ford E450 V10 you cant beat that setup as well. Granted my unit is garaged but I have not heard of the BT cruisers have leaking issues due to the way the cab over is a 1 piece fiberglass unit with only 1 seam that connects to the roof, which is also a fiberglass roof and is tied down tightly to the side panels. Its a very well engineered product. The newer made ones are made exactly the same way the were 15 years ago. Only difference is some of the interior materials are not sold oak cabinets which is a preference but the frame and build is the same process and is why thy last and hold up on same Ford E450 V10
- Ed D, Pennsylvania

2019-03-21 2010 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5291 View Listings

I drove this RV from California to Indiana with no issues. Great driving and fun! My husband and I spent 2 winters in Florida in this RV and had ample room for us and supplies. Has all the amenities that you could ask for!
- Gloria , Indiana

2019-02-05 2019 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5255 View Listings

Have not driven or tested BT 5255 yet and unlikely to do so. Floor plan very disappointing. No concern for privacy for someone sleeping by putting restroom is rear of coach. Hate twin beds . Move restroom and shower to center of coach. Need queen bed full size queen. Upgrade you furnishings especially cab area and coach seating and tables. Only good thing is outside is paint scheme on coach. Please in future ditch the twin beds and rear bathroom/shower area.
- Marvin Sampson, Maryland

2018-07-09 2004 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5270B View Listings

Exellent Rv.... Size is perfect for traveling..... Motor size is perfect for the rvs size... Fuel consumption is reasonably cheap.... Powerfull air conditioning both in front and in motorhome....
- Eric, Quebec

2018-05-22 2005 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5210 View Listings

We Purchased our BT Cruiser used at 24,000 miles, now at 39,000. No problems whatsoever, runs great, fits in any parking spot, 14 mpg! Air conditioning is amazing, the ride is smooth, easy to drive. The woodwork is beautiful, as is the curtains. It’s an amazing class B+.
- Mark, Florida

2018-05-22 2005 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5210 View Listings

- Mark, Florida

2018-05-06 2018 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5316 View Listings

For a 1st time RV, this unit served us well. Unlike most folks, we too our shake-down trip as part of our 5-month road trip out west because we had a time constraint. We had a list of 14 relatively minor items that needed adjustment within the warranty period. We hoped to find a dealer in route to service any items that became problems. The truck with V10 engine worked great. The coach layout was just what we wanted. It was easy to live in. Over time, the rear slideout would stick while moving it in or out. We self-diagnosed thanks to Google searches and determined one of the motors wasn't operating properly. We also had a problem with the rear levelers snagging on roads at times. And the water pump would occasionally act up. When we were in Phoenix for a while, we found a dealer who worked with Gulf Stream to fix the slideout and replace the water pump with a higher quality one. We also had the rear levelers moved as they were installed too far back and low on the frame. Once they were repositioned, life on the road became much easier. The mfr. customer service dept. did work with us on most items. I do think the mfr. and selling dealer could benefit from being more focused on customer satisfaction upfront; they would spend less time on issues overall. We planned to sell the RV on our return because we don't intend to make this our new lifestyle. Once in a lifetime trip.
- ML Sanner, Indiana

2017-09-11 2005 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5230 View Listings

I own the 2005 24 ft 5230b Bt cruiser, although it was an EBay purchase and the price was a good snag, i only regret the floorplan with the midship beds..other than that tne v-10 performs outstanding and i also do not tow as i can park this anywhere. I have a slide which allows for much added space..i get 10-12 mpg...interior quality 8 on a 10 scale..drives so well..power is there when you need it. All in all, I am happy with unit.
- Bob, Massachusetts

2017-07-23 2003 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5270 View Listings

RV runs great, it only has 40,000 miles on it. It is in mint condition except that the fridge just died two days ago. We all know that the quality management within the different RV companies in non-existant compared to European manufacturers, bit overall my BT cruiser is pretty good.
- robert nolan, Quebec

2017-07-04 2004 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5230 View Listings

perfect RV for fun and easy driving. Parks well and powered to handle ruff terrain. Good for quick getaways for a few days or settle in for a week and enjoy your surroundings. We need a little more room for some two little munchkins and will be fine.
- Willie Perez, Texas

2017-06-24 2018 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5245 View Listings

Cheaply made, we've had this new unit for 9 days and the following has caused us many regrets: 1. Mattress torn when we bought it. 2. Wrong extra key given to us. 3. Body damage on frame of black water drain. 4. Pleated shade in coach door won't go up. 5. Drawer under dinette seat opened and tore the chipboard right out. 6. Dinette table fell apart and collapsed on my grandkid's legs on our very first excursion out in the motor home. Flimsy, cheap and service does not impress. Sorry folks. I cannot recommend this brand. We spent a third of our retirement savings on this monstrosity, thinking we'd have a wonder time in it. Now, just big regrets at less than 10 days ownership.
- Elise S., Oregon

2016-12-04 2005 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5230 View Listings

I have been travelling/living in this comfortable rv for seven months while driving through north America and can only confirm that it fulfilled all my wishes and desires for such an adventure. It is big enough for two people and you have everything you need ay hand. Whethrr you are camping in backcountry or a fully serviced campground this rv will give you a peace of mind. Easy to operate and eadier to drive and park where you want to be. This rv feels like home after 7 months and I regret that I can not keep it with me.
- Barbara Trijzelaar, New York

2015-09-19 2003 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5250 View Listings

The absolute biggest piece of junk made. Don't trust me...Google BTouring Cruiser problems!
- Bob Fitzgerald, Georgia

2015-08-01 2004 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5270 View Listings

Our BT Cruiser has been a great little motorhome. Easy to park. We have not towed a car. The coach is very quite except when traveling Interstate Highways that are in disparate need of repair/replacement. The queen bed is a bit short (we are tall) and you have to purchase special fitted sheets. Comfortable however with the addition of a two inch memory form and very nice mattress cover. Overall experience has been great. We are selling as we want to settle down in our beautiful Valley in Utah.
- Glenda, Utah

2015-06-08 2005 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5290 View Listings

Perfect first time RV for a couple or family wanting to experience dependable luxury at a very inexpensive price. Sleeps up to 6; includes private bedroom with walk around queen bed; Jacknife leather sofa/sleeper sleeps 2 comfortably; Exceptionally beautiful maple hardwood cabinetry throughout (XL Edition upgrade); Highly reliable FORD V-10 engine runs quiet and smooth. Absolutely NO drivetrain drips or Leaks!! This coach is the longest unit in the BT Cruiser lineup at 31'--with 2 slideouts-- has lots of room!!
- Ron Shady, Florida