Grand Design Transcend Xplor Reviews on RV Insider (5)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Transcend Xplor RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Tim Mccorry from Alabama says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2020 Grand Design Transcend Xplor 221RB View Listings

Bought a 2020 221rb Transcend Xplor. Love the floor plan, However I have had numerous issues. GD has been responsive so far but I'm getting tired of the LEAKS ! I have only moved this unit Twice. Once to a Campground and now back to my property to repair leaks. Biggest issue has been sidewall caulking has bubbled and cracked in 16 areas in less than 5 months. I've had 2 rain water leaks that soaked insulation and wood which I had to dry out. Had black tank flush flood my back wall first time I used it. Seriously doubt at this point I would buy another Grand Design. After 2 years of research I can't even put into words how disappointed I am with this trailer.
- Tim Mccorry, Alabama

2020-11-09 2019 Grand Design Transcend Xplor 31RLS View Listings

the best of the best. Movie star trailer. looooove it. You will never see one better. 5 star 100 first class. 10 out of 10. nice nice nice nice nice. 100% rocks. U can not go wrong with this trailer I pinky promise
- shanec, North Carolina

2020-11-04 2020 Grand Design Transcend Xplor 247BH View Listings

Our family bought this RV in January 2020 with the intention of traveling the US over the summer. The four of us (my husband, myself and 2 teenage boys), plus our two big dogs and one small dog, had plenty of room to move about and lots of storage. What was really nice was that under the bunkbeds is a large open area that we could store large items as well as keep our dog beds for our dogs to not be underfoot. Originally we wanted a slide, but this floorplan has a lot of space and not having a slide made it more lightweight, and it actually has more interior storage when a slide is not there. The really nice thing about not having a slide was that when we travelled, we could stop anywhere and use the trailer to rest, use the bathroom, or prepare meals and not have to worry about opening the slide. This was great for social isolation during the summer of Covid! We ended up spending about 2 months living in this RV, and we are pleased with how everything went. We pulled it up and down hills and maneuvered it easily with our half ton Chevy Silverado. Hitching the trailer to the truck was easy enough to do relatively quickly, and the trailer electric, water and sewer hookups were easy as well. There is a surprising amount of counter space and kitchen storage, but we found the refrigerator small and the freezer slow to freeze water. The beds were more comfortable with the addition of mattress pads. We liked that both bunk beds had a window that opens so each of our sons had a view, or could open the window for air. I personally found the dinette area to be uncomfortable but the other 3 members of my family liked it. I also thought the couch was not quite deep enough for total comfort. We liked the sound system, inside and out, but did not invest in a TV. Other people complained of leaks – we did have a couple leaky connections that we took apart and used plumbers tape and had no further issues. The rubber gaskets outside came out of their tracks when camping/travelling in Texas where the temperature was 105 or so. These we put back in place and they have not come out again now that the temperatures are below 100. Our worst issue is the basement locks are shoddy and difficult to lock and unlock. One really nice plus was how good the AC is. We camped in treeless, 100 degree plus areas, and while the AC ran constantly, the trailer stayed cooler than we had hoped. We have camped in snow as well, and we used one small space heater to heat the entire trailer. The trailer does have a furnace but our dogs lie across the vents so we really did not use the furnace. The sensor for the black water tank has never worked and we have not yet fixed that. The grey water and fresh water sensors seem to be fine. We are very pleased with this trailer and recommend it.
- Donna, Texas

2020-10-12 2020 Grand Design Transcend Xplor 265BH View Listings

We love the Grand Design Explor 265BH! It is a great floorpan for family or friends spending the night. The bathroom is the width of the RV so it is very roomy and opens up into the bedroom making it feel like a suite. The bunk beds are very comfortable and a great place to take a nap during the day or watch TV. Lots of storage in this RV. The refrigerator, microwave, and gas oven work extremely well as compared to appliances at home. The single AC cools the unit beautifully and quickly. No need for a second AC. We pull our 265BH with an F-150, V6, 3.5L, eco boost with tow package. It pulls great on highways and on hills. You won't be disappointed with this RV. It can handle weekend getaways or long vacation trips wonderfully, making everyone very comfortable.
- Susan, Ohio

2020-09-27 2021 Grand Design Transcend Xplor 245RL View Listings

When we purchased our travel trailer, we were very inquisitive about the warranty and the repair process so we could compare it to other companies with similar models. We were told Grand Design has great customer service, with locations all over the United States, and there would be no issues if repairs are needed in the first year. Unfortunately, what we were told was not accurate. While I do not believe the salesperson intentionally misinformed us, what we were told was not true at all. During the first month of ownership, we experienced 12 different issues including broken sensors, water leak in the kitchen, water leak in the bathroom, water leak in the bedroom and water pouring out of the underbelly. We can see rusty nails and mold growing where the water leaks are present. When we contacted the dealership, we were told to talk to someone in Grand Design's Customer Service. When we called Customer Service, we left several messages with no return call. After trying to reach that department for two weeks, we finally received a call and explained all the issues we were experiencing in the first month of ownership. The Customer Service rep told me the water leaks and issues we have been experiencing were not normal and to take it back to the original dealership. I explained to him that was not possible since we were over 600 miles away. Instead of helping me schedule an appointment with a nearby dealership, he said he would document all of my issues and that is all he could do. After making a record of all the issues, the Customer Service rep said that I could call a local dealership with the understanding that I probably will not get in right away. This was extremely disappointing because our dealership did not help us, and Customer Service that they referred us to did not help us either. Basically, I was left to figure this out on my own. After calling several dealerships, we found a Grand Design dealership that agreed to look at the water leaks. They informed us the awning was not attached correctly and that was causing the water leak inside. They sealed exterior holes and returned the travel trailer to us. Unfortunately, the water leaks continued. Since that time, we have called several nearby dealerships and the shortest wait is 2 weeks. Since we still have water leaks and so many problems, I feel that we were sold a total lemon. We are so disappointed in how we have been treated. No, I do not feel comfortable recommending Grand Design to anyone I know. This experience has been upsetting and a waste of our time and money. This is our second month of ownership and I regret buying from Grand Design.
- Jennifer, Florida