Grand Design Solitude Reviews on RV Insider (123)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Solitude RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

CJ from Montana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2021-04-12 2020 Grand Design Solitude 382WB View Listings

Moved into this 5th wheel for full time living. 5 slides gives a wonderful roominess. It’s more like a small apartment on wheels! Grand Design gave great thought to the little details. Lots of easily accessible storage, USB ports and electric outlets. Comfy loveseats and recliners (in the upper living room) great for guests and naps! Kitchen is well designed layout and very nice appliances. Lots of led lights to illuminate every corner. Wet bar and mini fridge are really appreciated at cocktail hour. Bedroom with a king size mattress and plenty of wardrobe space. Under bed storage is ample. Dual sink vanity and porcelain toilet give the rig a finished look and feel. Outside storage is huge. Slide out tray in the rear is great for bikes. 7 ft ladder fits nicely in pass through storage. Nautilus p4 water system, Lippert hydraulic auto level makes set a snap! Towing is a breeze with our 1 ton single wheel GMC Sierra. Drove into an unavoidable large dust devil with a car on the left and a truck behind and only had a slight wobble without getting into the other lane! Added disc brakes from Performance Trailer Braking systems and have no problem coming to a smooth stop under any condition. Overall a great rig for a big family adventure or full time living!
- Jeff Norris, Kansas

2021-03-28 2018 Grand Design Solitude 375RES View Listings

Unit is well built and well thought out ! We lived in ours traveling for over a year and could it exceeded all our expectations. We really like the three distinct spaces. The is no lack of storage . It's big but tows great!
- Chuck Snead, North Carolina

2021-03-28 2018 Grand Design Solitude 384GK View Listings

This RV has no issues, we had a wonderful experience since we used it once for 2 months, drive it to Florida nd back,since then it's bin sitting in storage due to Covid,we decided to sell it Not planning to go to Florida anytime soon! Staying in Durham!!
- Joe vernoy, Ontario

2021-03-26 2015 Grand Design Solitude 369RL View Listings

For a large beauty, this rig pulls like a dream. Large enough for living in long term and makes every camping trip comfortable and enjoyable. Tons of storage inside and underneath. Large kitchen in this plan along with spacious salon makes this the popular place for everyone to be when camping with friends. We’ve taken this rig to national parks, extended cruises across the country, hunting in eastern Montana, fishing in the eastern Sierra Mountains and getting our share of sunshine on California beaches and never had anything less than excellent adventures.
- Ed and Mary Ann Puett, Montana

2021-03-22 2019 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS View Listings

I would never recommend Grand design solitude we have had trouble since the day we put it off a lot refrigerator promote broke from the floor 2 months after we bought it handrail broke a month after we bought it we've had a leak underneath the trailer since we bought it we paid it off so we can trade it in on something else and Grand design couldn't even get us a clear title they said that was my responsibility.
- carolynralph1961, Michigan

2021-03-19 2020 Grand Design Solitude 382WB View Listings

Very sad that we invested so much money in a unit that has a great layout, but poor quailty. The entire unit fills with dust upon each journey. The bathroom door never stays shut, only one small magnet at the bottom to hold it, poor design. Several pieces of trim broke and the jacks began going bad and you have to relevel every other day. Grand Design referred me to dealer, dealer referred warranty to Grand Design and they say these are not warranty items. It was our first and last Grand Design. Hope I can find a better quality unit with the same floor plan.
- Doreen McClure, Montana

2021-03-13 2015 Grand Design Solitude RL369 View Listings

My wife and I enjoyed our RV a lot. We loved the rear living room used the fireplace quite often and even enjoyed the comfort of the bed and size of the slidouts giving us an enormous amount of space. On the negative side not having whisper quiet A/C units made it difficult to listen to tv unless you ran the bedroom A/C while watching tv in the livingroom
- Tim Camden, Arizona

2021-03-07 2020 Grand Design Solitude 390GK-R View Listings

We purchased this brand because of the advertised build quality and customer service. This appears to be true prior to Winnebago buying them out. Purchasing a solitude was a big mistake, my trailer is one year old and it’s completely falling apart. We have only used it for 4 trips other wise it’s been in the shop. Currently the warranty claims have exceeded $30,000 and still continue to clime. I have not been able to use my trailer one time this year and it’s still currently in the manufacture repair facility with no end in Sight. The poor manufacturing and poor quality of the warranty repairs has made this unit Unusable and the manufacturer has done absolutely nothing to take care of me.
- Mike jungk, California

2021-02-28 2016 Grand Design Solitude 321RL View Listings

We loved our Solitude. It’s beautiful and laid out well. We did replace the furniture because we did not feel it was good quality. The tow ability is excellent. You barely know it’s there. Unfortunately, my wife’s health has failed and we are forced to sell. I had a large RV cover built to house this unit in, so it has not been out in the weather.
- Jim Noga, Arkansas

2021-02-08 2020 Grand Design Solitude 382WB View Listings

We purchased our RV from Lazy Days and we have had nothing but problems with this unit. We brought it home and it had a hydraulic leak, black tank venting issue that left my whole unit smelling like sewage, our refrigerator does not work properly, bathroom shower and sink leakage into our underbelly slide tray that is now rusted, broken window treatments, blinds with holes in them, broken kitchen chair, surround sound and radio does not work, and after all of these issues Lazy Days response is that they do not make them they just sell them. Grand Designs response is to go to the dealership. So my husband and I sit in our new camper that now is a source of stress and worry. We are afraid to move it or take it anywhere for fear of something else going wrong. We have tried to work with Grand Design and Lazy Days to get this Lemon fixed or exchange our unit. They stated that we would have to purchase a new unit and take our losses. The general manager Tony Bruce has not offered to make this right or even take the initiative to make sure that all of these issues are fixed. Grand Design does not stand by there products and this is why we bought a Grand Design, we were told they stand by there RVs and that they would make it right. Boy were we wrong.
- Jennifer McClure, Arizona

2021-01-25 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

I have used this 379FL 5th wheel for several years in both warm and cool climate. It is very comfortable in either climate. The front living room floor plan is just great since it allows the RV to be "full width". I guess the width of the living room to be at least 15 feet when the RV is a t full width! That makes this RV so enjoyable. The remaining sections i.e. Kitchen, bathroom and master bedroom, are very well proportioned and super livable almost like a "stick built" home!
- WM Chiles, Alabama

2020-12-23 2018 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

We can't praise the Grand Design Middlebury, Indiana factory enough for the work they did on our Solitude 5th wheel. We dropped it off with a list of warranty issues we had built up for two years and they did an amazing job fixing everything and even more. The inside was cleaned to perfection. And this is why we went with Grand Design, they truly back up their units.
- Kathy, Pennsylvania

2020-11-26 2015 Grand Design Solitude 369RL View Listings

It has been a great RV. We have lived in it for almost a year while house was remodeled. Very comfortable. We are in our late 60s and are downsizing 10’ to a Reflection. The RV is 5 years old but we kept up with the maintenance. It’s easy to tow have used both a F250 short bed with auto slide and a F350 full bed without difficulty. Great trailer at a great price
- Ron Ostmann, Texas

2020-11-26 2016 Grand Design Solitude ST375RE View Listings

My wife and I looked for a floor plan that would be live able, as we decided to full time rv. Having 5 slides offers plenty of living space. The built in fire place added ambiance and warmth. Having the refrigerator being a side by side with electric or propane made it easy to off grid camping. The fresh water capacity was just what we needed. Air conditioning was more than adequate for our liking. The residential toilet and the glass bowl sink added to the overall size of the bathroom. The pantry with shelving located right next to the stove made preparing meals easy. The natural light from the abundant windows and the sliding glass rear side entry door added even more light. The master bedroom closet had enough room for most of our clothing and such, plus the all in one washer dryer installed in the master closet. This 5th wheel was larger than our first apartment. Tows very easy and maint. is very minor, normal cleaning and upkeep were all that was needed. Great build and great brand.
- Glen Cisneros, Texas

2020-11-11 2016 Grand Design Solitude ST375RE View Listings

The vehicle tows like a dream. Upkeep of interior and exterior are extremely easy. Slide out operation is a simple push of a button. The leveling system has proven to be spot on. Finish of furniture and flooring is perfect. Color scheme is lighter than most. Livability has proven to be very comfortable and roomy.
- Glen, Texas

2020-11-04 2016 Grand Design Solitude 377MB View Listings

Grand design does not take care of there I have 3 walls coming apart on what they call top of the line rv. It is not people. It is complete garbage. Hopefully this and the other post which will be taking place today will hit millions of people who are looking at buying an rv. To list the issues I have had. Furnace, fridge, sewer lines breaking, water hoses leaking, tires needing replacement, nails scraped the bath door, main door coming open when we were driving. This is what you get for paying over a 100k and a $3500 cnd funds bill to fix what there factory didn’t do correct and they are leaving my family to pay. How sad is that.
- Keith senior, Alberta

2020-11-04 2016 Grand Design Solitude 377MB View Listings

Grand design does not take care of there customers. Now that I know this and I have already signed up to 10 different rv pages please people share this post. This is 3 walls coming apart on what they call top of the line rv. It is not people. It is complete garbage. Hopefully this and the other post which will be taking place today will hit millions of people who are looking at buying an rv. To list the issues I have had. Furnace, fridge, sewer lines breaking, water hoses leaking, tires needing replacement, nails scraped the bath door, main door coming open when we were driving. This is what you get for paying over a 100k and a $3500 cnd funds bill to fix what there factory didn’t do correct and they are leaving my family to pay. How sad is that.
- Keith senior, Alberta

2020-10-28 2020 Grand Design Solitude 390GK-R View Listings

solitude. 390rk Plenty of counters spae was great but air conditioner went out the first day! The fridge never got cold until the outside temp went below 50. Our dealer northern hills Rv in white wood SD said originally it would be a couple weeks. Well that’s turned into months! After several very hostile phone conversations from me, they suggested I call grand design myself! What good is a warranty if they can’t get parts anyway? They had a tech come and verified the fridge is junk but... Now they need us to bring or Rv back to check the fridge just to file a warranty claim! We live in this Rv! Where will we sleep?!!! Blaming things on Covid. But we bought this in august. Covid was old news. They deceived us. They knew how long it would be. But after they got our money they could care less! Don’t buy this Rv. Don’t buy any Rv with Norcold appliances should call it NO COLD! Very unhappy wish I had my $80,000. And they had this piece of sh#%!!!
- Patricia, South Dakota

2020-10-07 2019 Grand Design Solitude 375RES View Listings

Grand Design makes an exceptional product followed by their over-the-top customer service. They believe in their product and it shows. I could see myself living in my 375RES with my husband full-time. It has 3 separate living areas(Living, Bedroom and Kitchen) so you don't feel like you're living on top of each other. We love our RV!
- Kristol Vasquez, Texas

2020-09-30 2018 Grand Design Solitude 375RES View Listings

My husband and I have had wonderful times with this RV. The things we like most are (many things) the living room is a theater room with its big TV that hides when your not using it. The recliners are great, they massage, they heat, lounge even light up !! couches on the sides can go into Queen beds. A large fireplace and there's tons of storage. The kitchen is big and easy to use, I am a sous chef and the kitchen is one thing I looked at in all 5th wheels, and this one won ! There is also a big pantry... The bathroom is roomy My husband is 195 lbs and has no problem getting in and out of the shower. The bedroom, we changed the Queen size bed to a King with custom mattress and are very happy with that. We also added a washer/dryer stackable and I would never live without one!!! The outside storage is the biggest I have seen on any 5th wheel. WE carry 2 bikes, a kayak, floats, extra table and 4 chairs, and outside lounge chairs. My husband brings his computer and printer etc. The one downfall is there is not allot of storage in the bathroom, there is a medicine cabinet, storage under sink and a tall cabinet to the right of the toilet we were always going to put an extra shelf in and that would have fixed things, but we never did!!! Lots of windows in this RV that are tinted so people cant see in. It's a wonderful RV and it is quality made. We are getting a large diesel pusher, otherwise we would be happy to keep this
- Susan Rogers Parker, Arizona

2020-09-18 2019 Grand Design Solitude 375RES View Listings

We love the layout of this RV, it's easy to maintain and gorgeous to see coming down the road. Keeping the outside clean is the key to it's beauty and like anything else, you take care of it and do the yearly maintenance on it, the rig will not fail you. We get compliments on it all the time and it is affordable.
- Dawn, Florida

2020-09-02 2018 Grand Design Solitude 375RES-R View Listings

Love this fifth wheel. Quality and build is so much better than Some Of our friends RVs and our previous RV. Storage underneath is like crazy wow and more countertop space than others. We’ve lived in ours full time for two years with very few issues. Bouncy houses will have things go wrong but very impressed with customer service and response times.
- S Reecer, Texas

2020-08-29 2020 Grand Design Solitude 382WB View Listings

just picked the unit 3 weeks ago. I have towed it 600 miles with no problems. GD have upgraded the axles and the braking system worked well. The interior is immaculate, with no defects. I have one bathroom faucet thats needs a new fixture or cleaned out, debris appears to be in a connector. The fridge, stove and convection works fine. All of the slides function perfectly, the exterior is a high gloss painted surface with no defects. It rivals DRG in finish. The unit tows well and weighs 16k. My previous unit was a Fuzion 322 touring edition. It far surpasses the build quality of a keystone.
- Robert Mullan, New Mexico

2020-08-11 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

Hello,, do somebody have problème with sofas in the vr? Mine are all simili Leather ( I Thing) and is All coming off. I will like to send picture bécasse it’s a big problem and nobody want to help me, garanty Say talk to the dealer, an the dealer say it’s not is problem, because the new dealer buy the fist one.... Sorry for my english am franchement in montreal city Québec canada
- Martin picard, Quebec