Grand Design Solitude RVs Reviews on RV Insider (84)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Solitude RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

CJ from Montana says:

Have you owned any Grand Design Solitude RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2020-01-20 2018 Grand Design Solitude 384GK-R View Listings

I just want to say it’s a beautiful trailer, but if you are the top of the line I would hate to see the rest. I know that I can be a little picky but my father was a building contractor and he would have a fit on the finish detail on this trailer, we just bought it a week ago and it was barely used then and the trim is coming off and driving down the highway yesterday the storage compartment door would not stay shut, we shut it and locked it several times finally had to tape it shut. For the amount of money you want out of these trailers I feel you could do a way better job putting them together. We bought a new trailer so that we would not have to work on it all the time, I guess we wasted our money. We have had two Hitchhiker trailers so I know that it is possible to build them to last. Sorry but not impressed with this trailer.
- Gloria McKenzie, Idaho

2020-01-13 2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R View Listings

My wife and I had a very nice Forest River Blue Ridge for several years, but unfortunately, several minor inconveniences and shortcomings caused us to look for a replacement. A Grand Design Reflection was on our short list when we bought the Blue Ridge, and my wife was immediately drawn to the Solitude this time around. Our only real limitation was overall length due to the available parking area on our property, and the 310GK-R was ideal in that regard. We are completely satisfied with the Solitude's quality and design. We ordered the unit with a queen bed and did not desire a washer/dryer or dishwasher, as we are not full-timers. Therefore, we have an abundance of storage in the living areas, especially with the addition of some strategically-placed shelving in the bedroom closet area. We had no need for the outside pull-out kitchen or generator, so there is space underneath for everything we typically carry. Over the 14-or-so months since delivery, we experienced only two problems of note. The first was a defective temperature control on our Furrion oven, where the selected temp would not match either the displayed temp or the actual interior temp. GD replaced the oven. Second, a compressor controller in the living area air conditioner failed. This was easily resolved via the Coleman AC warranty. The Solitude is equipped with desirable features we never had before, like a built-in vacuum cleaner system, a second awning on the living-side slide-out, a retractable TV in the living area, very comfortable reclining/heated/massaging/lighted theatre seating, a full-size pantry and one-key access to all exterior door locks. The interior cabinetry is very attactive, and the lighting is intelligently placed throughout. Perhaps the major selling feature for my wife is the abundance of windows, which gives the camper a very roomy open, airy feel. At this point we are extremely pleased with our Solitude and we expect it will serve us well for years to come.
- Gary Hattier, Louisiana

2019-12-12 2020 Grand Design Solitude 380FL-R View Listings

We purchased this model based on reviews for Grand Design’s warranty and customer service. The floor plan is perfect for our purpose (full time living.) When we took ownership our first stay in the unit we found there was no heat in the bedroom and rear bathroom. We returned back to the dealer and Grand Design would not authorize the repairs the dealer recommended. Grand Design expects the dealer to re-configure the ducting, which I feel is a design flaw. The day we were scheduled to return to the dealer the center street side leveling jack had a major malfunction. I spent 3 plus hours on the phone with my dealers service manager and got my rig road worthy to get it to them. We also had a handful of expected minor repairs. Now we are having to stay in a Hotel until the rig is repaired.
- Richard Smith , California

2019-11-26 2018 Grand Design Solitude 310GK View Listings

We love our Solitude. The floor plan is spacious. The drivability is awesome, very easy to maneuver. It could very well be lived in full time. It is very well made and the envy of the campground. Lots of storage. Bedroom is very spacious. Sofa folds out to a queen bed. My favorite part is the island in the kitchen, lots of counter space. Lots of interior lighting.
- Myra Moxley, Florida

2019-11-26 2017 Grand Design Solitude 300GK View Listings

Our first year of owning ours, it sat at the dealer getting repairs. We took it in for a few repairs that were needed, found during walk thru. When we picked up the rig from the walk thru repairs it had extensive internal damage; countertops had deep scratches covering the entire island, the tabletop and dinette chairs had deep cuts from what appeared to be from a circular saw, our fridge had a large dent and scratch, our bathroom lighting was controlled from the living room switch. It appeared that they used the island and table top as a work bench. They had to replace the entire dinette set, sand and buff the countertops, and replaced the left door on the fridge. After getting the unit back "months" later, we pulled into a campground and set up, we were there approximately an hour and our entire water tank had drained (partially in campground and the other part under our storage compartments). Needless to say we ended up driving it back down to the dealer cutting our trip short. After spending another month or two in the shop, we went on another trip... more leaking, fridge didn't work, our crown molding on the kitchen side of the unit, and kitchen shades fell. We received no sympathy from the manufacturer and the dealer had the worst customer service ever. We stopped taking it back and started paying out of pocket for all of what should have been warranty work. Now that everything has been repaired the right way by a local rv repair shop, we are very happy. It was a huge investment for us, and what should have been a very exciting purchase, ended up being a very bad experience.
- Kathleen , California

2019-11-11 2017 Grand Design Solitude 384GK-R View Listings

This is a great floorplan and is very comfortable for even full time living. We did have multiple issues in the first year of ownership that were eventually corrected by our selling dealet. All the manufacturers seem to build them too fast with very little QC. In our last three months of travel, we have had zero issues.
- Joseph Smith, Mississippi

2019-11-04 2018 Grand Design Solitude 375RES View Listings

Our Grand Design Solitude 375RES is an awesome fifth wheel. We have had zero problems with the unit.5000 miles so far.Tows extremely well with our Ram dually. Quality interior woodwork and flooring. We have had three Grand Design units and all were wonderful Rvs.
- Fred Hoyme , Wisconsin

2019-10-18 2014 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

We were just looking at this 5th wheel, it got are attention. Would love to own this one. Very beautiful, the only thing was the dry weight was high at over 13 thousand. But every thing was perfect for us. Thank you Bob.
- Robert , California

2019-09-26 2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB View Listings

We have owned this rig since Dec and full time in it over the winter in St.Louis. We were warm and toasty all winter and love this set up for a full timing couple. 1 1/2 baths means no one has to walk through the bed room to go to the potty. Large double sink in the MBR and lots of storage.
- Len B, Illinois

2019-09-24 2016 Grand Design Solitude 375RE View Listings

Grand Design is poorly constructed, we've owned ours 4 years, we have had A/C, Refrigerator, Schwintek slide, DVD, Roof, and furniture problems since day 1. Their customer service is a JOKE! WE will NEVER buy a GRAND DESIGN ever again. We had to recover the cheap PLEATHER furniture, it peeled off the 1st year of owning it, NOT covered by warranty. ( I asked Grand design to pay for half of the recovering expense, which they did, as long as I signed a release) how generous of them! WE have had to have Refrigerator replaced ( Warranty does not cover labor for this to be done) We have had to have A/C replaced ( Warranty does not cover labor for this) Slide's constantly need repairing. Awning lights have to be replaced every 3 months ( not covered by warranty) Tires are the cheapest tires made ever! ( had a blow out, caused $5k worth of RV body damage, which we had to put through our insurance company, then replace tires for $700, which insurance does not pay for. Wood trim inside RV is constantly coming away from RV walls, & ceilings, carpet in bedroom is the cheapest made, and buckles constantly. The roof is made of poor quality product by DICOR MFG, its mushy can't be cleaned, and ( Dicor will only cover a membrane replacement mailed to you, and 1/2 the cost of roof replacement at your own dealer) to the tune of about $5500, out of pocket to customer. Everyone at GRAND DESIGN we have spoken too has passed the buck to the manufacturing companies i.e.: Norcold, Dicor, Schwintek when you have a problem. Customer service at its worst, dealing with Grand Design. *** DO YOUR HOMEWORK PEOPLE, READ REVIEWS, BEFORE PURCHASING ANY RV ** WE WISHED WE HAD. ONLY 1 good thing about our GRAND DESIGN is the layout, we love the inside, roominess. Thats NOT saying much for a $100k priced RV. THIS IS our personal experience since 2016 to now. Our RV is currently running with the exception of another Slide problem, needing repaired. It's a LONG expensive road owning a Grand Design.
- Karen & Keith Bavis, Florida

2019-09-09 2019 Grand Design Solitude 380FL-R View Listings

We bought a 2019 Solitude 380 FLS and have lived in it 5 months now. We love the large rear bathroom the 1/2 bath & the front livingroom. However, the plumbing is horrible. We smell sewer gas about 50% of the time, due to the plumbing design. We have a king size bed, stuck into a slide that is just wide enough, so that making the bed is a chore, and the floors are very flimsy. When our Chihuahua runs across the floor, it bounces with his weight.
- Splank, Texas

2019-08-11 2014 Grand Design Solitude ST369RL View Listings

We bought our 2014 Grand Design Solitude new in 2014 and have lived in it for extended periods of time since. We have thoroughly enjoyed the RV and have not had any major issues with it other than some problems that we caused ourselves. The dealer and manufacturer were very supportive and accommodating in correcting those problems. We love the features and design of the RV and would really not change a thing.
- Jon Lang, Idaho

2019-07-31 2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL View Listings

My husband and I liked this RV very much when we saw it here on rvinsider. It is immaculate and has been kept in very good condition. Everything was clean and well maintained. Our plans have changed so we won't be purchasig any RV now.
- Lynn, Nevada

2019-07-30 2019 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS View Listings

Buying from Grand Design has been one of the biggest mistakes in my life. This 5th wheel and the support we've received for it have both been absolute garbage. In the 5 weeks I've owned this trailer the A/C has broken twice (shotty wiring), the fridge has proven faulty (cheap hardware that keeps it from sealing completely), some valve is broken in the bathroom so the water in there absolutely reeks, the awning braces snapped, the microwave was missing the plates and shelves, the oven has broken (the gas line doesn't connect anymore or something), the outlet covers all fall off because the wood is so incredibly thin, the cabinets won't stay closed while we drive so several item have fallen out and damaged our slides (we've since had to begin strapping them all closed), our thermostat needs to be replaced because, due to some bug, it can no longer turn the fans on without turning the AC on...these are just the things I can remember off the top of my head and these things all went wrong in the first month of owning it. The warranty from Grand Design is complete bullcrap as well. We've had to hunt down all of our own service departments and repair people, we've gone out of pocket thousands with no sign of reimbursement checks, we've been blown off by Grand Design for weeks at a time. Our trailer, purchased in Ohio, is now officially a 'lemon' and we will be seeking a huge refund. If I was you, i would never purchase from Grand Design.
- Zach Olson, Wisconsin

2019-07-13 2017 Grand Design Solitude 369RL View Listings

We love our Grand Design Solitude 369RL. We have had no problems with it at all!! unlike our other 5th wheel by Forest River/Prime Time, that was a lemon right out of the gate. I would buy another Grand Design in a heart beat, The manufacture gets back to you if you have any questions, concerns, issues,
- Mindy Hall, Pennsylvania

2019-06-21 2019 Grand Design Solitude 375RES View Listings

Grand Design quality is certainly over rated. They attempt to hide errors in construction, and construction is fair. They will tell you they value customers but they will put you through the ringer to get stuff fixed. Their answer to everything is bring it in to a service center. Great camper if you want to park it in a service center - or if you are trying to live or camp in it you fix it yourself or pay someone to do it. I would be more than happy to discuss the problems or even invite you to see mine before you purchase one of these. Definitely NOT satisfied or a “valued” customer.
- Larry Murphey, Georgia

2019-06-18 2016 Grand Design Solitude 321RL View Listings

We bought our 5th wheel brand new and both the manufacturer and dealer have told us that it sucks to be us when our outside wall started to separate. Neither of them stand behind what they build or sell these days. Extended warranty means absolutely nothing anymore. When I tried to call the manufacturer I was told they do not deal with customers only with the dealership. No one is willing to help us in any way. I think this manufacturer has gotten to big and really don’t care about their customers or how they build anything. Will never recommend anyone buy one of their trailers.
- Cheryl, Alberta

2019-06-17 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379 FL View Listings

We love this 5th Wheel. The layout has been perfect. What few issues we have had the company has been great to address them. Would highly recommend Grand Design and this floorplan. I can't rate Towing ability because we've never left our permanent site with it.
- Terry Beadle, Wisconsin

2019-06-09 2018 Grand Design Solitude 360RL-R View Listings

We loved our Solitude! Great quality and stands up well to extreme weather in all seasons. You can tell it's made out of better materials than most RVs and is perfect for full time living. Tows like a dream.
- Lynn Prather, Nebraska

2019-04-25 2014 Grand Design Solitude 368RD View Listings

This 5th wheel has blown me away. Survived a winter in Colorado with -20 temperatures with 0 issues and no freezing pipes. Grand Design has made me a life long customer. Quality and craftsmanship has been spectacular as I used this for full time living during projects away from home.
- Noah Wright, Colorado

2019-03-27 2018 Grand Design Solitude 373FB View Listings

We purchased this RV after researching several other manufacturers and found this to be one of the best. We purchased the RV to live in while we were working in California. This floor plan is like a one bedroom apartment and very comfortable living. We moved back home during the winter months and was living in the RV when we reach very low freezings temperatures. This RV was amazing, we were very comfortable in the winter months. I would recommend the 373FB Grand Design Solitude to anyone wanting great service from the manufacturer and who wants to travel and live in luxury.
- Steve Holtgrieve, Missouri

2019-03-16 2019 Grand Design Solitude 375RES View Listings

We are a used RV dealer that had the opportunity to buy this awesome 5th wheel at a reduced price because of an engineering defect which does not hamper anything on the unit except the looks, while towing the unit if you look in the rearview mirror as you can see one side more than the other, all slides work proper no water leaks and this unit is new and selling for about 50% off of manufacturers list price! Get a nice unit for about half the money with no regrets!
- Hidden Hills RV sales, Ohio

2019-03-08 2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL View Listings

This is an excellent floor plan and provides more than enough space to enjoy RV living. It is spacious and comfortable and the king-sized bed provides ample roominess for a comfortable night's rest. The vehicle is very stable and tows easily behind our Ford F250 6.4 diesel. Never had a problem working with the manufacturer. Highly recommend this unit to anyone who is looking for a well-designed, affordable and comfortable 5th wheel.
- Dr. Delbert Jarman, Indiana

2019-02-06 2018 Grand Design Solitude 310GK View Listings

We have "Lived" in our 310GK for 13 months and it is amazingly comfortable. Only small issues with minor things. Refrigerator door center seal flap (Outside Vendor), and 2 small trim pieces. Grand Design units are fantastic and well built! Trust me. I was a field technician on printing presses for 15 years all over the world. Grand Design is Fantastic!
- Steven Bradshaw, California