Grand Design Solitude

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Solitude RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

CJ from Montana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2021-07-13 2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB View Listings

This RV tows better than our 31 foot bumper pull did. It is so spacious and comfortable that my wife and I have actually spent some nights in it while it sat in our driveway, just because we love it so much but couldn't get away.
- Mark Snow, Utah

2021-07-07 2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R View Listings

Just bought it have had 4other fifth wheels over the years the quality is ok not top of the line lots of trim mistakes not stapled properly no toilet paper hanger or face cloth holder in bathroom kinda of tacky opened the bathroom cupboard and saw on the wall a 4 inch round hole where somebody made a mistake at factory and left it there the quality of work is just not there.
- Jim, British Columbia

2021-06-23 2018 Grand Design Solitude 310GK View Listings

This RV is our first ever RV. Living in it full time for work. Very comfortable lay out for living full time. Plenty of storage in under belly and in closet and cabinets. The self leveling feature is a must have. Very satisfied over all. We had a few issues with components but Grand Design handled all our issues in a timely manner. Even shipped to our location California where my husband was working so we never had to haul it to an RV repair site. We are now looking to purchase a toy hauler model so we can have our motorcycles with us in retirement.
- Julie Cormie, Texas

2021-06-15 2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R View Listings

We actually have a 310 GK (not GK-R-so we have no residential refer, we have the gas/electric refer). We are happy with the camper, the space, and the quality after one year - partially in Maine, partially in FL. Our Heat-both gas and heat pump-and A/C work fine. Our Refer struggles in the heat to keep the food temperature down. The only small problems we had after delivery included the gas water heater needed a quick fix to work on gas ($50). Using electricity, the water heater heated up the hot water very quickly. Also, a folding D/r chair was broken. Grand Design sent a replacement chair for no cost. The trailer tows beautifully behind a GMC 3500 with the diesel. My words of advice to all new RV owners - get a detailed checklist to go through when you do your walk through, and allow plenty of time. Check that everything works - perfectly. Expect things to go wrong after you have it-and make sure you have a good friend who can help you fix minor issues. Hopefully, you will not encounter any major issues. We are generally impressed with the Grand Design quality. But, then again, we have been camping a long time and we know all campers have their issues. Be patient and enjoy the outdoors. If you expect your RV to be perfect when you take it home or go on your first trip, you should probably not be RV'ing.
- John Brozowski, Massachusetts

2021-06-04 2021 Grand Design Solitude 385GK-R View Listings

I recently replaced my 2013 Forest River Cardinal fifth wheel with a 2021 Grand Design Solitude 385GK-R fifth wheel. On my third weekend using it, the hot water heater quit working on electric. As I investigated, I discovered the heating element cover melted, one wire burned back about two inches, and the other wire so loose I lifted it off without loosening the screw. I am traveling and will be passing directly by the Grand Design plant. I contacted them to see if they could make the half hour repair. They said no, they are booked until late July. They gave me the name of two repair centers near them. They both refused saying they are also booked until late July. In the meantime, I'll be traveling for two more weeks between now and the end of July, with bare, exposed, electrical wires should the electric hot water heater switch accidentally be turned on. I'm left wondering, is this the level of warranty service I should expect from Grand Design for a $99K purchase?
- Gene Flewelling, Pennsylvania

2021-06-02 2020 Grand Design Solitude 390RK View Listings

A great rv . Well built . Comfortable . Easy to tow . Just the right size . Highly recommend . Our first fifth wheel and was not disappointed . This is a highly sought after model . And that’s why the 2020’s are so hard to come by .
- Jerry Hamm, Tennessee

2021-06-01 2020 Grand Design Solitude 382WB View Listings

Very spacious and well built coach. Probably the most interior room we have ever seen. Entertained inside three couples and still have plenty of room to move. Pulls straight as an arrow and still smells new. Moving to Toy Hauler to load cart and tools for winters in Florida. Everything works and is an excellent condition. Stored inside during the winter months.
- Eriks Mezsets, Michigan

2021-05-24 2020 Grand Design Solitude 380FL View Listings

Grand Design is a great company with great customer service.Love the 380FL floorplan, and love the one and half bath option.Love having the generator to boon dock.Love having the two pull out couches with privacy curtain for guests.
- Karla Ann Flannagan, Iowa

2021-05-17 2016 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

We love the front living room with plenty of room for guests. It tows great with a Ford F350. It is an all season trailer that performed good in northern Tennessee and central New Mexico during winters in both locations. The 12 gallon water heater is great for several showers without running out of hot water. The fireplace heater was great in aiding the furnace at night. My last trailer did not have the self leveling system and was a pain for setting up. This one with self leveling is a breeze. Just push a button and that's it.
- Dennis Fowler, South Carolina

2021-05-14 2016 Grand Design Solitude 379FLR View Listings

We bought this RV to travel the United States and fish where we could. The RV is excellent for the livability with every assistance provided such as the hydraulic leveling system is the biggest plus. The only down item would have to be the washer/dryer install done in Willis, Texas. The shake/rattle/
- David L. Buster, Texas

2021-04-12 2020 Grand Design Solitude 382WB View Listings

Moved into this 5th wheel for full time living. 5 slides gives a wonderful roominess. It’s more like a small apartment on wheels! Grand Design gave great thought to the little details. Lots of easily accessible storage, USB ports and electric outlets. Comfy loveseats and recliners (in the upper living room) great for guests and naps! Kitchen is well designed layout and very nice appliances. Lots of led lights to illuminate every corner. Wet bar and mini fridge are really appreciated at cocktail hour. Bedroom with a king size mattress and plenty of wardrobe space. Under bed storage is ample. Dual sink vanity and porcelain toilet give the rig a finished look and feel. Outside storage is huge. Slide out tray in the rear is great for bikes. 7 ft ladder fits nicely in pass through storage. Nautilus p4 water system, Lippert hydraulic auto level makes set a snap! Towing is a breeze with our 1 ton single wheel GMC Sierra. Drove into an unavoidable large dust devil with a car on the left and a truck behind and only had a slight wobble without getting into the other lane! Added disc brakes from Performance Trailer Braking systems and have no problem coming to a smooth stop under any condition. Overall a great rig for a big family adventure or full time living!
- Jeff Norris, Kansas

2021-03-28 2018 Grand Design Solitude 375RES View Listings

Unit is well built and well thought out ! We lived in ours traveling for over a year and could it exceeded all our expectations. We really like the three distinct spaces. The is no lack of storage . It's big but tows great!
- Chuck Snead, North Carolina

2021-03-28 2018 Grand Design Solitude 384GK View Listings

This RV has no issues, we had a wonderful experience since we used it once for 2 months, drive it to Florida nd back,since then it's bin sitting in storage due to Covid,we decided to sell it Not planning to go to Florida anytime soon! Staying in Durham!!
- Joe vernoy, Ontario

2021-03-26 2015 Grand Design Solitude 369RL View Listings

For a large beauty, this rig pulls like a dream. Large enough for living in long term and makes every camping trip comfortable and enjoyable. Tons of storage inside and underneath. Large kitchen in this plan along with spacious salon makes this the popular place for everyone to be when camping with friends. We’ve taken this rig to national parks, extended cruises across the country, hunting in eastern Montana, fishing in the eastern Sierra Mountains and getting our share of sunshine on California beaches and never had anything less than excellent adventures.
- Ed and Mary Ann Puett, Montana

2021-03-22 2019 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS View Listings

I would never recommend Grand design solitude we have had trouble since the day we put it off a lot refrigerator promote broke from the floor 2 months after we bought it handrail broke a month after we bought it we've had a leak underneath the trailer since we bought it we paid it off so we can trade it in on something else and Grand design couldn't even get us a clear title they said that was my responsibility.
- carolynralph1961, Michigan

2021-03-19 2020 Grand Design Solitude 382WB View Listings

Very sad that we invested so much money in a unit that has a great layout, but poor quailty. The entire unit fills with dust upon each journey. The bathroom door never stays shut, only one small magnet at the bottom to hold it, poor design. Several pieces of trim broke and the jacks began going bad and you have to relevel every other day. Grand Design referred me to dealer, dealer referred warranty to Grand Design and they say these are not warranty items. It was our first and last Grand Design. Hope I can find a better quality unit with the same floor plan.
- Doreen McClure, Montana

2021-03-13 2015 Grand Design Solitude RL369 View Listings

My wife and I enjoyed our RV a lot. We loved the rear living room used the fireplace quite often and even enjoyed the comfort of the bed and size of the slidouts giving us an enormous amount of space. On the negative side not having whisper quiet A/C units made it difficult to listen to tv unless you ran the bedroom A/C while watching tv in the livingroom
- Tim Camden, Arizona

2021-03-07 2020 Grand Design Solitude 390GK-R View Listings

We purchased this brand because of the advertised build quality and customer service. This appears to be true prior to Winnebago buying them out. Purchasing a solitude was a big mistake, my trailer is one year old and it’s completely falling apart. We have only used it for 4 trips other wise it’s been in the shop. Currently the warranty claims have exceeded $30,000 and still continue to clime. I have not been able to use my trailer one time this year and it’s still currently in the manufacture repair facility with no end in Sight. The poor manufacturing and poor quality of the warranty repairs has made this unit Unusable and the manufacturer has done absolutely nothing to take care of me.
- Mike jungk, California

2021-02-28 2016 Grand Design Solitude 321RL View Listings

We loved our Solitude. It’s beautiful and laid out well. We did replace the furniture because we did not feel it was good quality. The tow ability is excellent. You barely know it’s there. Unfortunately, my wife’s health has failed and we are forced to sell. I had a large RV cover built to house this unit in, so it has not been out in the weather.
- Jim Noga, Arkansas

2021-02-08 2020 Grand Design Solitude 382WB View Listings

We purchased our RV from Lazy Days and we have had nothing but problems with this unit. We brought it home and it had a hydraulic leak, black tank venting issue that left my whole unit smelling like sewage, our refrigerator does not work properly, bathroom shower and sink leakage into our underbelly slide tray that is now rusted, broken window treatments, blinds with holes in them, broken kitchen chair, surround sound and radio does not work, and after all of these issues Lazy Days response is that they do not make them they just sell them. Grand Designs response is to go to the dealership. So my husband and I sit in our new camper that now is a source of stress and worry. We are afraid to move it or take it anywhere for fear of something else going wrong. We have tried to work with Grand Design and Lazy Days to get this Lemon fixed or exchange our unit. They stated that we would have to purchase a new unit and take our losses. The general manager Tony Bruce has not offered to make this right or even take the initiative to make sure that all of these issues are fixed. Grand Design does not stand by there products and this is why we bought a Grand Design, we were told they stand by there RVs and that they would make it right. Boy were we wrong.
- Jennifer McClure, Arizona

2021-01-25 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

I have used this 379FL 5th wheel for several years in both warm and cool climate. It is very comfortable in either climate. The front living room floor plan is just great since it allows the RV to be "full width". I guess the width of the living room to be at least 15 feet when the RV is a t full width! That makes this RV so enjoyable. The remaining sections i.e. Kitchen, bathroom and master bedroom, are very well proportioned and super livable almost like a "stick built" home!
- WM Chiles, Alabama

2020-12-23 2018 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

We can't praise the Grand Design Middlebury, Indiana factory enough for the work they did on our Solitude 5th wheel. We dropped it off with a list of warranty issues we had built up for two years and they did an amazing job fixing everything and even more. The inside was cleaned to perfection. And this is why we went with Grand Design, they truly back up their units.
- Kathy, Pennsylvania

2020-11-26 2015 Grand Design Solitude 369RL View Listings

It has been a great RV. We have lived in it for almost a year while house was remodeled. Very comfortable. We are in our late 60s and are downsizing 10’ to a Reflection. The RV is 5 years old but we kept up with the maintenance. It’s easy to tow have used both a F250 short bed with auto slide and a F350 full bed without difficulty. Great trailer at a great price
- Ron Ostmann, Texas

2020-11-26 2016 Grand Design Solitude ST375RE View Listings

My wife and I looked for a floor plan that would be live able, as we decided to full time rv. Having 5 slides offers plenty of living space. The built in fire place added ambiance and warmth. Having the refrigerator being a side by side with electric or propane made it easy to off grid camping. The fresh water capacity was just what we needed. Air conditioning was more than adequate for our liking. The residential toilet and the glass bowl sink added to the overall size of the bathroom. The pantry with shelving located right next to the stove made preparing meals easy. The natural light from the abundant windows and the sliding glass rear side entry door added even more light. The master bedroom closet had enough room for most of our clothing and such, plus the all in one washer dryer installed in the master closet. This 5th wheel was larger than our first apartment. Tows very easy and maint. is very minor, normal cleaning and upkeep were all that was needed. Great build and great brand.
- Glen Cisneros, Texas