Grand Design Solitude RVs Reviews (66)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Solitude RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

CJ from Montana says:

Have you owned any Grand Design Solitude RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2019-06-09 2018 Grand Design Solitude 360RL-R View Listings

We loved our Solitude! Great quality and stands up well to extreme weather in all seasons. You can tell it's made out of better materials than most RVs and is perfect for full time living. Tows like a dream.
- Lynn Prather, Nebraska

2019-04-25 2014 Grand Design Solitude 368RD View Listings

This 5th wheel has blown me away. Survived a winter in Colorado with -20 temperatures with 0 issues and no freezing pipes. Grand Design has made me a life long customer. Quality and craftsmanship has been spectacular as I used this for full time living during projects away from home.
- Noah Wright, Colorado

2019-03-27 2018 Grand Design Solitude 373FB View Listings

We purchased this RV after researching several other manufacturers and found this to be one of the best. We purchased the RV to live in while we were working in California. This floor plan is like a one bedroom apartment and very comfortable living. We moved back home during the winter months and was living in the RV when we reach very low freezings temperatures. This RV was amazing, we were very comfortable in the winter months. I would recommend the 373FB Grand Design Solitude to anyone wanting great service from the manufacturer and who wants to travel and live in luxury.
- Steve Holtgrieve, Missouri

2019-03-16 2019 Grand Design Solitude 375RES View Listings

We are a used RV dealer that had the opportunity to buy this awesome 5th wheel at a reduced price because of an engineering defect which does not hamper anything on the unit except the looks, while towing the unit if you look in the rearview mirror as you can see one side more than the other, all slides work proper no water leaks and this unit is new and selling for about 50% off of manufacturers list price! Get a nice unit for about half the money with no regrets!
- Hidden Hills RV sales, Ohio

2019-03-08 2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL View Listings

This is an excellent floor plan and provides more than enough space to enjoy RV living. It is spacious and comfortable and the king-sized bed provides ample roominess for a comfortable night's rest. The vehicle is very stable and tows easily behind our Ford F250 6.4 diesel. Never had a problem working with the manufacturer. Highly recommend this unit to anyone who is looking for a well-designed, affordable and comfortable 5th wheel.
- Dr. Delbert Jarman, Indiana

2019-02-06 2018 Grand Design Solitude 310GK View Listings

We have "Lived" in our 310GK for 13 months and it is amazingly comfortable. Only small issues with minor things. Refrigerator door center seal flap (Outside Vendor), and 2 small trim pieces. Grand Design units are fantastic and well built! Trust me. I was a field technician on printing presses for 15 years all over the world. Grand Design is Fantastic!
- Steven Bradshaw, California

2019-02-03 2017 Grand Design Solitude 300GK View Listings

We have a 2017 solitude 300gk. We looked for 5 years before deciding on this model. We find the interior very comfortable. After our first snowbird trip we had to have the full suspension replaced. We were told not to drive it to our RV repair shop as it was not safe. No help from grand design. Did not stand behind their product. We had other problems as well that we fixed ourselves: the blinds were put on backwards, the shower leaked, the lights on the nose have never worked properly, the bedroom closet door would not stay shut , the wood finish is wearing off, the door would open when travelling, the pantry would open , the living room slides have never worked properly , the outdoor shower was cracked now the front decals need replacing .Grand design said that they would replace under what they call goodwill.we will see?! RnR We would not recommend anyone buying from grand design. Despite what they say about quality control it’s very poor. To be fair dealers aren’t any better when it comes to repairs and warranty work.
- RnR, British Columbia

2018-10-29 2018 Grand Design Solitude 375RES View Listings

Love the floor plan and overall design. However every time I turn around I'm finding things falling apart. Loose screws, slides ruining the floors, slides leaking when closed, holding tank sensors stick as well as plugged, water heater failed. Kitchen sink came apart while traveling. Not impressed with the overall construction of the unit. Took it in to dealer to have some issues looked at and since they didn't find anything that they could repair they charged almost $600 in labor cost. Check it out good before you buy one.
- B Sulz, Alberta

2018-08-16 2017 Grand Design Solitude 384GK View Listings

The wiring and sloppy workmen ship is apparent, there is no on site warranty work, there inspection program is a joke. My a/c was out, the Norcold refrigerator went out in 3 months , the fresh water pump was leaking, you cant get any on site Warranty work done, apparently the address where the work is done is very important!!! McClains RV in Denton has no after sale support unless you haul the rv to them, again the address where work is done is very important Thanks mike
- Mike Overbeck , Texas

2018-07-04 2018 Grand Design Solitude 375RES View Listings

i have looked at a lot of 5th wheels and bar none this model is amazing. Every detail for long term living is met and is a very high tech unit. We went from our home to this and living in this unit is more comfortable than our house and everyday is a holiday. If your looking to move out of your bank sucking mortgage and into easy living then this is the model you want hands down!!! Thx grand design!! LOTS OF STORAGE!! SUPER FANCY!!
- Sean Skjonsby, British Columbia

2018-05-18 2017 Grand Design Solitude 384GK View Listings

This lovely 5th wheel is a luxury home on wheels. It has so many creature comforts and elicits high praise from all who see it. We’ve often been told that it’s the nicest RV some people have seen. Grand Design brought all the amenities together in this RV.
- Russell Wright , Oregon

2017-12-22 2015 Grand Design Solitude 320X View Listings

Quality and support and the sense of family with this brand of RV cannot be surpassed, great people, great support, and great qualities. The best thing about our unit is that it is the perfect length great for state/national parks and is extremely easy to tow.
- Andy Cook, Florida

2017-12-18 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379 FL View Listings

Don’t ever buy a used Grand Design. They completely screw you if you need any work done. Their quality is extremely bad. They may look nice but don’t look behind the curtain. You will find mistakes out the wazoo! We had water damage specifically from the Schwintek rail systems on all 3 of the slides that had them. When we took the floor out we saw the exact location it was coming in. CLEARLY a manufacturer error. I contacted their “best customer service ever” and they declined to help because we are the second owners. Of a 2 year old rig. 2 years old!! I shouldn’t have rotted out floors in a 2 year old rig. The couches are completely falling apart and again, I have seen they replaced other people’s couches doing the EXACT same thing, but nope. Won’t help us because we are second owners. Our awning was installed wrong (it is extremely noticeable) so it doesn’t roll in and our right. Also, the awning itself has shrunken by 5-6 inches. 2 years old. Again, Grand Design will not help us. Overall, we like the camper, but having Grand Design show you any respect for buying their product that is as much as a house, is complete bull. They will not help you if you buy a used rig. This will be THE LAST Grand Design we will ever buy.
- Rebecca, Florida

2017-12-18 2016 Grand Design Solitude 365DEN View Listings

We purchased our 2016 Solitude after I had done extensive research on the brand. We liked the fact, that even though all RV brands will encounter some maintenance issues, the GD family always stands behind their product, and their customers. We love the ease with which it takes to set up and break down our home on wheels whenever we use it. We do not travel fulltime, but we feel if we were, our Solitude would safely and comfortably accommodate that lifestyle. Whenever we have had an issue with our unit, and they have been minor, GD and our home dealership has always assisted us with them in a concise and timely manner. In short, we LOVE our Solitude, and are proud to be part of the Grand Design Family!
- Jim/Paula Noga, California

2017-12-18 2014 Grand Design Solitude 368RD View Listings

WE can't say enough great things about the Grand Design Company. Any issues that we had with our "Bella" were taken care of...and then more. Incredible customer service from a super great bunch of people. We would never consider any other RV than a Grand Design product!
- Roy & Dayna Rockage, New Mexico

2017-12-18 2017 Grand Design Solitude 374TH-R View Listings

This our second Solitude, we traded a 377 mbr for this 374 thr. Have had no major problems, probably 3000 miles on her sense we picked her up last month. This the prefect trailer in our opinion, it feels like a true home sense we are full timers.
- Monroe Cooper, Texas

2017-12-18 2016 Grand Design Solitude 300GK View Listings

We have had and still are enjoying our Grand Design Solitude 300gkr.Very sleek design with modern day technologies. I am however disappointed with their recall department on known issues (not many)they have and how they are handled or not handled. We would however recommend the Grand Design product to others if they are looking for the above average travel trailer experience. Good product and good customer service!
- Gordon & Marla Stebens, Oklahoma

2017-12-18 2017 Grand Design Solitude 310GK View Listings

While we studied many different manufacturers, Grand Design rose to the top. Only one providing a tour of the plant! We absolutely love our coach and the outstanding customer service they provide!!!
- Byron Goetsch, Wisconsin

2017-12-10 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

Within 2 months the rain sensor iver bed stopped working, tech saud they dont use them..really! 6 months shower door comes off, 1200 miles from dealer..they say bring it in, l cant as l am working 6 days a week.from 1st time pulling both front and rear doors had to be bungi corded shut necause tjey keep coming open on the highway.9 month into it the main door dampining rod pulls out of the siding.13 months into ot the fridge stops working. 17 months into it the left living room slid stops working,motor shot! 19 months into it and the toilet stops flushing correctly. 21 months into it and the furrion tv in the bed room goes black....I honestly bought tjis rv cause everyone said they were the best for fulltime living, boy was l a sucker! I have had used 10year old inits that held up better than this peice of crap! Please anyone reading this,look at something else and dont waist your money!
- Dennis hubbard, Oklahoma

2017-12-03 2018 Grand Design Solitude 375RES View Listings

So where do I begin, I recently owned a 2018 a solitude 375RES by Grand design. I've been researching fifth wheels for quiet some time and the 375RES had everything my wife and I was looking for, luxury, separate living areas and the most shortage that I have yet to find in other fifth wheels. I would definitely recommend this unit In fact if you read the beginning I said I recently owned one after my first long trip I had an accident and total this unit so I went back to researching and I still can not find another fifth wheel to meet all my needs except this model so I will soon will be purchasing my second solitude 375RES
- Alan Bailey, Kentucky

2017-10-12 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

Let me start out by saying I’m a journeyman lineman outside contractor, witch means I travel a lot so I live in my grand design 379fl.. the reasons I bought the grand design coach was because the way everyone talked up the warranty and customer service.. I also loved the floor plain I have had my coach since 2015 and I have traveled many highway miles with it. The second long trip I made I noticed the wood in the living room under the tv had cracked all the way across I took it in to a grand design dealer and they fixed it under warranty but I wasn’t sure that there wasnts a structural issue that made the board break I’n the first place, ( trailer flex)... they assured me that that was not the case and they jerry rigged the board by grinding the under side of it on the high spots,, well that jerry rigged fix lasted one trip not the next and now grand design won’t even try to fix it for me.. I truly believe that the structural integrity of the coach has been compromised and it’s flexing up there over the hitch is the reason that the board under the tv keeps breaking but they will do nothing
- Ethan daniel, Missouri

2017-09-21 2018 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

Best fifth wheel for price compares to the high end luxury units. The attention to fit and finish is second to none. Storage could be bit larger but then you just haul more and bedroom a foot wider. Grand design may have the best customer relations on the market. It is a full time unit as well.
- Sam, Arizona

2017-08-06 2014 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

While we love this rv, we have had only problems with the leveling system panel. It has had to be replaced once and now will not work at all. We thought it was the battery but after buying a new one it does not seem to be the problem. We have had to replace the lippet system in one of our slide outs but they did replace it at no cost.
- Maria McDonogh, Texas

2017-08-02 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379 FL View Listings

There is much to love about our 2015 379FL: floor plan , design, living area, etc. Here is what to hate: After 2 summers, the upholstery on our recliners began to tear in the head area. Now the faux-leather is beginning to shred all over the chairs. And I do mean SHRED! Looks like someone took a knife and began slashing. The material is paper-thin, so not sure repair is even in the cards. We have not contacted Grand Design yet, so I can't speak to that. I did call them regarding a question we had early on and they never called me back..thus the 2star rating. I'm assuming we won't get much help as the warranty period is expired. On the Grand Design Forum, one person responded that the upholstery has been an issue, but our dealer said they have no complaints registered. I'm about to be the first, I guess.
- D. Bowden, Florida