Grand Design Reflection 150 Reviews on RV Insider (4)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Reflection 150 RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

JIM CHAMBERS from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Grand Design Reflection 150 230RL View Listings

The reason I bought this camper was because it was a four-season camper I got it home took the belly pan off on the bottom it sure looks like it was insulated well until you pull the Belly off they say an r 40 in the floor I don't think a piece of plywood is R40 I was lied to there is no way this is a 40 no insulation whatsoever between the belly pan and the floor everything would be froze if you took this out in the cold you would freeze your ass off in any type of cold weather this is supposed to be a quality built RV looks to me like you got a bunch of meth heads putting s*** together screws 1/2 in screws stripped trim coming off the shower door is a total piece of s*** very unhappy with my reflection only owned it for 1 month so far I'm going to see what I can do about being lied to about the R40 I would have bought a Jayco if I'd known that also says GVW on the rig is 89-75 what blows me away the axles are only 4400 pound axles RV is total s*** looks good on the surface can stand tall in it very pretty designs I'd like anything you got to have a good foundation mrs. Total s*** the steel I beams in the back look like they were rusted before they were painted and then put in the camper very disappointed I have to insulate the whole bottom of the belly pan myself When someone tells you are 40 you're thinking there should be some type of insulation in their correct they throw some space blanket over the water tank thinking that's going to take care of the heater what a bunch of s*** I hope somebody reads this before they buy one the amount of money I spent on this it should be spray foamed on the bottom the mattress that was in it total piece of s*** had to go get a new one right away man when you spend money like this on an RV you expected to be good I wish I could reconsider my choice too late now dollars are already in their hands.
- JIM CHAMBERS, Colorado

2020-01-12 2018 Grand Design Reflection 150 220RK View Listings

The 220RK is the smallest and lightest 5th wheel Grand Design RV has ever made and one of the smallest fifth wheels you will see on the road today. Most dealers here on RVtrader list the details incorrectly, so I will list them correctly. Most dealers list the freshwater tank as 52 gallons. This is wrong, it is actually 40 gallons. They also list the empty weight wrong, it is actually 6995 lbs. It only has a 2,000 cargo weight so fully (legally) loaded it weighs 8,995 lbs. This trailer and a few others are classified in as "Half-ton towable" but this is simply a marketing ploy and most experienced RV'ers recommend atleast a 3/4 ton to tow a 9,000 lb. trailer. I tow it with a 3/4 Superduty diesel which weighs almost as much as the trailer so it tows really well with zero sway even in high winds. Grand Design only sold about 300 of these trailers so they only produced them for 2 years, 2018 and 2019. 99% of them come with single-paned windows and the chaise couch which is terribly uncomfortable unless you're a tiny person. We ordered our 220RK in November of 2017. We custom ordered it with dual-paned windows and the optional "theatre seating" which is basically a triple recliner/couch with heat and massage and built-in cupholders. We also installed quite a few upgrades including solar, lithium batteries, a large inverter, a water softener, cell booster to name a few. We also changed out the Westlake "China bomb" tires and had a set of Goodyear Endurance tires installed. We have been traveling fulltime in this trailer (our home now) for the past 18 months and the only mechanical issue we've had is the water heater control board went bad, however Grand Design paid for a new one and we replaced the unit ourselves in about 5 minutes. The 220RK is the perfect size for a couple with no kids or large pets. We purposely chose a trailer under 30 feet to ensure we could fit into all national and state parks and most RV parks and campgrounds. We have towed this trailer over 12,000 miles around the US several times over the past year and a half and have always been able to park it in any spot we wanted, while we watch other people with larger RVs get turned away or drive around in circles all day looking for a spot they can fit into. This trailer has a lot of storage and the tanks are basically heated since they are in the same area as the furnace. We dry camp a lot, this means out in the woods with no hookups, and we've camped in temps down to the single digits and have never had any problems with water lines or tanks freezing which like I said is due to the furnace being in the same area as the tanks and the water controls and valves. The only thing I would suggest if you buy one is replace the tires with Goodyear or Sailun (MUCH better quality than what it comes with) and upgrade the piece of junk TCL TV that comes in all the Grand Design trailers. We gave ours away to a park ranger that was super nice and we installed a Samsung 40" with a nice soundbar and subwoofer, which incidentally, fits perfectly behind the couch! Overall we've been very happy with this little fifth wheel and we would buy another Grand Design in the future.
- Ed Morris, Texas

2019-08-07 2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 230RL View Listings

We bought our 5th wheel on Jun 3rd. 2 days later we went to the dealerships preferred business to get our hitch mounted. We had an appointment and they were ready for us when we got there. After the hitch was done we had an appointment to do our walkthrough. The walkthrough was WAYYYY to fast for us to comprehend anything. It was a whirlwind. This is our first camper so we really didn't know. Don't allow the sellers to hurry you through a walkthrough. Thank God my husband had studied our hitch. The business that put it in didn't set it up for a shortbed truck. The dealership fixed it but it's things like this that cause people to get their 5th wheel up against the side of their truck. We ended up taking posession with hail damage. Not bad hail damage but we didn't see it while it was out in the daylight at the dealership. Hail damage in Cheyenne is on just about all of the vehicles there. We've had it out 3 times on weekends only. We don't plan to live in it at this time. After our 1st outing we had to take it in for a few different reasons. We bought ours in Cheyenne WY and we live in western Nebraska. It's 110 miles to the dealership. We got there,they looked at my list & they fixed every item within a couple of hours & that allowed us to get home before the hail hit on that very day. Golf ball size hail is very damaging. The day we bought it I put a journal in it so we could keep up with any problems & the money we are putting into it. My biggest thing is that during travel the big window behind our recliners, the window in the booth & the large window in the bedroom come unlocked. They don't come open far but they're unlocked. I think I've seen just about every inch of it & everything works. My parents have traveled allover through the years and have never put a drop of water from anywhere without an additional water filter into their campers/ motorhomes. We could not believe what was in that filter when we changed it. Our gray & black tanks are empty but the black always shows 2/3 full. Seems like everyone has those problems. It just so happened that when we emptied the black tank toilet paper was covering the sensors. We took the filtered water and ran water through the toilet and it fixed our problem. Overall we are really happy with it. Living in it would be very different. Daily wear & tear on it would be much different than a home. It's just my husband and I but being in it daily I may have a different feeling about every.
- Lori Riffel , Nebraska