Grand Design RVs Reviews on RV Insider (346)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

CJ from Montana says:

Have you owned any Grand Design RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2020-01-21 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2250RK View Listings

Loved our travel trailer, but unfortunately we were only able to take one short trip in it. Now we have to sell due to a family medical emergency. I would have lived in it, that’s how comfortable I was. I will really miss it snd that week my spouse snd I shared together.
- Lori Harrelson, Nevada

2020-01-21 2020 Grand Design Momentum 376TH View Listings

Poor manufacturing quality. Missing to loose screws. Ac vents all 3overtightened and cracked. Shower leaks externally at doors. Rear propane fitting fell off and dragging on ground. Bedroom mattress the worst. Kitchen drawers falling out. Reviewed with warranty department they suggested hire someone to come out and repair. I am living in unit for 3 months and unable to leave at dealer. Very poor quality at workmanship. Magnets for holding side doors open do not line up. Bought in December in cold not able to look over. Would not have purchased
- RUSS bestler, Minnesota

2020-01-20 2018 Grand Design Solitude 384GK-R View Listings

I just want to say it’s a beautiful trailer, but if you are the top of the line I would hate to see the rest. I know that I can be a little picky but my father was a building contractor and he would have a fit on the finish detail on this trailer, we just bought it a week ago and it was barely used then and the trim is coming off and driving down the highway yesterday the storage compartment door would not stay shut, we shut it and locked it several times finally had to tape it shut. For the amount of money you want out of these trailers I feel you could do a way better job putting them together. We bought a new trailer so that we would not have to work on it all the time, I guess we wasted our money. We have had two Hitchhiker trailers so I know that it is possible to build them to last. Sorry but not impressed with this trailer.
- Gloria McKenzie, Idaho

2020-01-18 2017 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

We brought our Brand New Grand Design Solitued 2017 RV.The floor plan is great! Alot of room,5 slides! We are fulltime campers. Our Problem is getting things FIXED! THAT'S OUR BIGGEST PROBLEM!! Manager in Service Department @ Dixie RV.in Calera AL. He's incompetent! He says he'll get things fixed. Never did Parts take forever,or he just forget to order! They order wrong parts,wrong size,wrong color,they measured it twice! That happened to us three times.I made an appointment with him 2 month in advance. We left early in morning to get the there on time. We made our 88 mile trip, Only for him to say he forgot and Can't take you today. Can you come back next week. That's over 175 miles round trip pulling our RV. Plus the cost of gas. When you get back home you lost your whole day! We have had things broken for over 2 years. These problems still exist today and haven't been resolved. We have leaks,mold in dining area, mold underbed,mold in closet,mold behind couch. Big drawer underbed broken & drags. My husband literally has to pick up big drawer and place it on top of bed so slide can come in. Closet doors keeps coming off track,our microwave went out,big window needs replacing & never done. The recliner that's supposed to warm doesn't work. As well as a few other things. Traveling around we missed our forever warranty by a few weeks. Service Manger said sorry your Forever warranty is void. So I called talked to someone in Corporate office about that. They said oh that's not a big deal! We would still honor your For Ever Warranty! Told him about the service manger at Dixie, he didn't want to. So now No warranty. I have work orders for what should of been done and never was, even when it was under warranty. Very dissatisfied with service from Dixie RV in Calera AL. Would I recommended a Grand Design solitude. yes DO NOT BUY A RV.FROM DIXIE RV!
- Mrs. Lea Tillman, Alabama

2020-01-13 2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R View Listings

My wife and I had a very nice Forest River Blue Ridge for several years, but unfortunately, several minor inconveniences and shortcomings caused us to look for a replacement. A Grand Design Reflection was on our short list when we bought the Blue Ridge, and my wife was immediately drawn to the Solitude this time around. Our only real limitation was overall length due to the available parking area on our property, and the 310GK-R was ideal in that regard. We are completely satisfied with the Solitude's quality and design. We ordered the unit with a queen bed and did not desire a washer/dryer or dishwasher, as we are not full-timers. Therefore, we have an abundance of storage in the living areas, especially with the addition of some strategically-placed shelving in the bedroom closet area. We had no need for the outside pull-out kitchen or generator, so there is space underneath for everything we typically carry. Over the 14-or-so months since delivery, we experienced only two problems of note. The first was a defective temperature control on our Furrion oven, where the selected temp would not match either the displayed temp or the actual interior temp. GD replaced the oven. Second, a compressor controller in the living area air conditioner failed. This was easily resolved via the Coleman AC warranty. The Solitude is equipped with desirable features we never had before, like a built-in vacuum cleaner system, a second awning on the living-side slide-out, a retractable TV in the living area, very comfortable reclining/heated/massaging/lighted theatre seating, a full-size pantry and one-key access to all exterior door locks. The interior cabinetry is very attactive, and the lighting is intelligently placed throughout. Perhaps the major selling feature for my wife is the abundance of windows, which gives the camper a very roomy open, airy feel. At this point we are extremely pleased with our Solitude and we expect it will serve us well for years to come.
- Gary Hattier, Louisiana

2020-01-12 2018 Grand Design Reflection 150 220RK View Listings

The 220RK is the smallest and lightest 5th wheel Grand Design RV has ever made and one of the smallest fifth wheels you will see on the road today. Most dealers here on RVtrader list the details incorrectly, so I will list them correctly. Most dealers list the freshwater tank as 52 gallons. This is wrong, it is actually 40 gallons. They also list the empty weight wrong, it is actually 6995 lbs. It only has a 2,000 cargo weight so fully (legally) loaded it weighs 8,995 lbs. This trailer and a few others are classified in as "Half-ton towable" but this is simply a marketing ploy and most experienced RV'ers recommend atleast a 3/4 ton to tow a 9,000 lb. trailer. I tow it with a 3/4 Superduty diesel which weighs almost as much as the trailer so it tows really well with zero sway even in high winds. Grand Design only sold about 300 of these trailers so they only produced them for 2 years, 2018 and 2019. 99% of them come with single-paned windows and the chaise couch which is terribly uncomfortable unless you're a tiny person. We ordered our 220RK in November of 2017. We custom ordered it with dual-paned windows and the optional "theatre seating" which is basically a triple recliner/couch with heat and massage and built-in cupholders. We also installed quite a few upgrades including solar, lithium batteries, a large inverter, a water softener, cell booster to name a few. We also changed out the Westlake "China bomb" tires and had a set of Goodyear Endurance tires installed. We have been traveling fulltime in this trailer (our home now) for the past 18 months and the only mechanical issue we've had is the water heater control board went bad, however Grand Design paid for a new one and we replaced the unit ourselves in about 5 minutes. The 220RK is the perfect size for a couple with no kids or large pets. We purposely chose a trailer under 30 feet to ensure we could fit into all national and state parks and most RV parks and campgrounds. We have towed this trailer over 12,000 miles around the US several times over the past year and a half and have always been able to park it in any spot we wanted, while we watch other people with larger RVs get turned away or drive around in circles all day looking for a spot they can fit into. This trailer has a lot of storage and the tanks are basically heated since they are in the same area as the furnace. We dry camp a lot, this means out in the woods with no hookups, and we've camped in temps down to the single digits and have never had any problems with water lines or tanks freezing which like I said is due to the furnace being in the same area as the tanks and the water controls and valves. The only thing I would suggest if you buy one is replace the tires with Goodyear or Sailun (MUCH better quality than what it comes with) and upgrade the piece of junk TCL TV that comes in all the Grand Design trailers. We gave ours away to a park ranger that was super nice and we installed a Samsung 40" with a nice soundbar and subwoofer, which incidentally, fits perfectly behind the couch! Overall we've been very happy with this little fifth wheel and we would buy another Grand Design in the future.
- Ed Morris, Texas

2020-01-09 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

Great RV for a cross country trip or long weekends camping. All the comforts you need. Big Bathroom with Big shower. Large kitchen and lounge area with lots of counter space. Large bedroom with Queen size bed. Plenty of storage cupboards and hanging space for clothes. The ideal camper.
- Clark, Connecticut

2020-01-08 2020 Grand Design Momentum 397TH View Listings

Love our toyhauler have had 4 others before this different companies. Best warranty service on grand design. Love the quality, floir plan. Love this 5th wheel. When we had a problem in and out. Grand design service techs are superb.
- Patricia richman, Florida

2020-01-07 2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

Bought this 5th wheel based on good reviews regarding the manufacturer standing by its product. However after 3000 miles of lite towing the leaf spring on passenger side began coming apart grand design denied the warranty work as well as the manufacturer of the spring due to warranty expiration. I purchased the unit Sept 2017 towed it 3000 miles since then, and the leaf springs began coming apart. The RV has been in storage 95% of the time no reason for leaf springs to fail.
- Mitch Robison, Arizona

2020-01-02 2018 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 350M View Listings

Alpin Haus have been terrible in customer service. I had leak repaired 3 or 4 times and they charged me for it. Livingroom slide out leaks occasionally. Lights on the front work for a short period of time and quit. The refrigerator quit on me in the middle of a 13,000 mile road trip, I could not get alpin Haus to call me for repairs or any call at all. I still have issues with the camper.I had problems with hotwater heater not working. That's about all I can think of right now. I think this is more than anyone should have with a rig this expensive :(
- Brigitte Roberts , New York

2019-12-29 2020 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

This 337 is our first 5th wheel camper. We have traveled to Denver area and are experiencing water line freeze ups ! We were clear, that we planned to winter camp, and ordered all options to prevent winter trouble. We are keeping the propane furnace running during any cold periods.
- Jim, New York

2019-12-28 2017 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

We bought a brand new cougar fifth wheel, and have had nothing but problems with it! We have had 2 windows shatter for no reason. The hot water tank quit working. The burners on the stove don’t work anymore. The whole trailer is falling apart, the mouldings have come loose. We have only 5000 miles on it and all the tires are worn out, and nobody will do anything about it. Any time we see people at a campsite with a cougar trailer we ask them if they’re happy with it. They have all had issues with these trailers as well and wished they had never bought a cougar, just like us!! B
- Dwayne and Brenda Worth, California

2019-12-24 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

If Grand Design sets their bar on quality then how come we are having to purchase an extended warranty package to cover ongoing issues with your "lovely" product. Our unit has been at the dealership twice for a total of four months for warranty work. Waiting for warranty authorization and parts seems to be the culprit for the extended delays. So you might wonder why we are questioning your product quality. Let me list a few reasons. Bedroom air conditioner never worked and was replaced. Water heater element was replaced the first night out. Refer AC monitor was replaced. Fireplace was totally replaced. Awing retracting issues. Door was warped and replaced. Bathroom floor sounds like walking on walnut shells. Cabin filled with smoke when setting up and turning on water pump. What does the future hold for us and our lovely Reflection by Grand Design as we only have a short time of warranty left to completely rebuild as it would seem. We haven't any chose but to purchase and extended warranty package to cover probable ongoing issues. VIN.573FR3323K3322947
- Oran & Shirley Rooks, Wyoming

2019-12-18 2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

Took this RV to Utah and Arizona for a month. 3rd week in the CONVERTER was toast and the fire place stopped working. Had to spend $120 to have a mobile repair man tell us this. I’ll never see that money again. Had to sleep in 32 degree weather till we got it to Grand Junction where it is presently sitting. The floor in the bathroom creaks all the time. The support handle going up the stairs pulled out of the cheap 1/4 in. paneling the 1st week of ownership. I would highly recommend to everyone NOT to purchase this cheap piece of junk.....!!
- Joe Kemmerer , Colorado

2019-12-12 2020 Grand Design Solitude 380FL-R View Listings

We purchased this model based on reviews for Grand Design’s warranty and customer service. The floor plan is perfect for our purpose (full time living.) When we took ownership our first stay in the unit we found there was no heat in the bedroom and rear bathroom. We returned back to the dealer and Grand Design would not authorize the repairs the dealer recommended. Grand Design expects the dealer to re-configure the ducting, which I feel is a design flaw. The day we were scheduled to return to the dealer the center street side leveling jack had a major malfunction. I spent 3 plus hours on the phone with my dealers service manager and got my rig road worthy to get it to them. We also had a handful of expected minor repairs. Now we are having to stay in a Hotel until the rig is repaired.
- Richard Smith , California

2019-12-11 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

We have experience nothing but problems with our Grand Design Imagine. From leaking, skin delamination, inside of door cracking and molding falling off are just a few of the problems. We purchased the camper in the spring of 2017 and by the fall, the under carriage was so rusted, it was hard to lower the stabilizers. We do live in WNY but the camper was only used from May to September. I fell in love with the layout. I really wanted this camper to work for us but with this many problems in the first 2.5 years. What does the future hold.
- debbie, New York

2019-12-07 2020 Grand Design Momentum 397TH View Listings

I would describe my experience with this make and model as dissatisfied. The junk shower heads and hose assemblies I replaced before my first trip.Also installed shower bars for height and shower head angle positions. Other problems include porch light not working,left side compartment door flying open going down road.Pushed in on door with firm pressure and was locked.Could have been a problem if it would have swung out in oncoming traffic.Had to use Gorilla tape to hold it closed.Door also leaks when it rains.First time using shower I had a large puddle of water on floor.Had to seal both ends and front of shower door track to stop the leak. Got to my destination in SC and found all three awnings motor covers had blown off.Had to cover them with plastic garbage bag and Gorilla tape.Trying to get replacement covers.Could not believe that you can not play blue ray discs in the so called premium sound system at the cost of 2000 dollars.This sums up the problems I've had in my first week and 450 miles of use.What can a customer expect for 100,000 dollers.Grand Design should include a roll of Gorilla tape with every model built.
- David Dean, Pennsylvania

2019-12-04 2019 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

This camper is exactly what we were looking for. Over all it's been great to camp in, unfortunately we had issues with one of the slides, Island countertop and a compartment door. We have owned this camper less than 10 months, this camper spent over 3 months at the dealer, we took it over twice for the same repair, they replaced the defective part 3 times. They never looked for the root cause for what was damaging the slide until after the third time. The dealer said that when they would receive the replacement parts that the parts were always damaged from Grand Design. When I contacted Grand Design to see if they would repair the camper at their facilities they said that they were booked up and asked me if the dealer could try to repair the camper again. I'm hoping that I never have to have it worked on again. My suggestion that if you are going to purchase a camper from a dealer investigate the service department to see if they have qualified personal to work on the campers. It's no fun waiting 3 months to get your camper back for the same repair.
- Larry, Indiana

2019-12-01 2014 Grand Design Reflection 293RES View Listings

Been to Florida with it twice. No problems Pulls nice Been to Eagle River Wisconsin I had to stay working so didn’t use it much Nice RV for a retired couple. We had plans to stay in Florida, but because of health issues we need to sell it
- Larry Brackemyer, Illinois

2019-11-26 2018 Grand Design Solitude 310GK View Listings

We love our Solitude. The floor plan is spacious. The drivability is awesome, very easy to maneuver. It could very well be lived in full time. It is very well made and the envy of the campground. Lots of storage. Bedroom is very spacious. Sofa folds out to a queen bed. My favorite part is the island in the kitchen, lots of counter space. Lots of interior lighting.
- Myra Moxley, Florida

2019-11-26 2017 Grand Design Solitude 300GK View Listings

Our first year of owning ours, it sat at the dealer getting repairs. We took it in for a few repairs that were needed, found during walk thru. When we picked up the rig from the walk thru repairs it had extensive internal damage; countertops had deep scratches covering the entire island, the tabletop and dinette chairs had deep cuts from what appeared to be from a circular saw, our fridge had a large dent and scratch, our bathroom lighting was controlled from the living room switch. It appeared that they used the island and table top as a work bench. They had to replace the entire dinette set, sand and buff the countertops, and replaced the left door on the fridge. After getting the unit back "months" later, we pulled into a campground and set up, we were there approximately an hour and our entire water tank had drained (partially in campground and the other part under our storage compartments). Needless to say we ended up driving it back down to the dealer cutting our trip short. After spending another month or two in the shop, we went on another trip... more leaking, fridge didn't work, our crown molding on the kitchen side of the unit, and kitchen shades fell. We received no sympathy from the manufacturer and the dealer had the worst customer service ever. We stopped taking it back and started paying out of pocket for all of what should have been warranty work. Now that everything has been repaired the right way by a local rv repair shop, we are very happy. It was a huge investment for us, and what should have been a very exciting purchase, ended up being a very bad experience.
- Kathleen , California

2019-11-26 2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

We have a 2020 Reflection 5th wheel. We bought this because it was supposed to be a higher quality RV. For something that should be high quality it has the cheapest TV that you can buy and the built in DVD player is installed so if you sit on the couch you cannot use the remote you must get up and stand within 3 feet of the front of it to get it to work. Now the doors in the bathroom fall apart when you open it. It is now even glued together just a pressed fit. Never go by the temperature reading on the refrigerator it’s so far off when it reads 32 degrees a thermometer I put inside shows 41. This unit is made very cheap definitely not a higher quality RV
- Jerry stitzel, California

2019-11-23 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

This trailer has two axels that are rated 3500 lbs each. The dry trailer weight is over seven thousand pounds. I wish I would have noticed this before I bought it. Now it’s sitting at a shop waiting to see if warranty will do the right thing and repair it or better yet upgrade the axles. What good is a trailer with bad axles? The whole point in a trailer is the ability to move it. I have owned multiple trailers and this is by far the worst one so far. I would never suggest this trailer to anyone. They still haven’t responded to warranty requests. I can’t stress it enough. Don’t buy from these guys. There is better out there. The interior sold my wife and I. But it is no good if they can’t even perform the most simple function of a trailer. They can’t even be towed without going through tires or bending axles from their under rated axle capacity. Don’t buy
- Joseph Packer, Utah

2019-11-22 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL View Listings

This was our first travel trailer in over 30 years of camping. We absolutely love the floor plan, the dealer, the livability and so far the warranty coverage. When we initially used the trailer we had owning issues, an island sink issue and a broken stove top glass which exploded for no apparent reason. Everything was repaired very quickly and at no expense to us. We've been on over 10 trips now in 3 months with zero problems at all. I guess my only concern would be that the issues we had at first should have been caught at the factory prior to delivery. Grand Design's inspection process leaves something to be improved upon BUT their service department is second to none. The unit is advertised as being towable by most 1/2 ton trucks. From my experience, my 1/2 ton could easily pull the 2970RL but I had way too much sway on the interstates. I even upgraded my weight distribution hitch which helped immensely but in the end it turned out that my tow vehicle just wasn't stout enough. We decided to upgrade to a gently used 3/4 GMC diesel and the problem was resolved. The 1/2 tons just aren't heavy enough to tow this trailer safely in my humble opinion. I'm sure there will be those that will argue this but this is my two cents worth. My biggest concern in buying any trailer was the after sale service and responsiveness from my dealer. In the end, I am extremely satisfied and am a happy camper.
- Denny Sivells, Texas