Grand Design RVs Reviews (309)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Sonya Platt from Idaho says:

Have you owned any Grand Design RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

The layout on this trailer is so well thought out. We never thought we would finally find exactly what we were looking for. Come on how many can't stand the size of the bathroom? Most are cramped. Admit it. My last one was. But good lordy did someone think this one through. Great walk around room. More storage than I know what to do with & did I mention the bathroom? But really great well thought out designs. Bedroom layout great, ample storage. Slide creates a comfortable large living area. I actually do not use all of the storage in this room either. If you haven't stopped & taken a look you are making a giant mistake.
- Sonya Platt, Idaho

2019-10-20 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

Been a year now that I have owned this unit. Over all it is ok but not worth the money paid. On the surface when first looking it looked solid. First trip the hot water tank electronic board fell off the wall and broke so had no igniter. (was taped to wall from factory) Upon investigating this I found wiring just sloppily hanging with no fastening to structure which can lead to breaks and or loose wires thus creating a fire hazard. Holes drilled through floor for plumbing lines and electrical were drilled and the shavings not cleaned up and the holes not filled with spray foam thus resulting in mice infestation. The main electrical panel IS NOT attached to wall and falls out down a gravel road. Sliding bathroom and bedroom door have a SCREW screwed into track as a door stopper. (WOW) My shower door (rollup type) quit working and the back wall of shower panel has buckled. These problems are all minor but clearly proves factory is a "PUMP OUT" as many as possible. The finishing quality of behind the scenes is extremely poor which is sad because they are minor fixes in both time and costs. So I recommend pulling drawers and screens and look behind to see the true quality. I would not purchase one again and if I were you I would not also.
- Kelly Smith, British Columbia

2019-10-18 2014 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

We were just looking at this 5th wheel, it got are attention. Would love to own this one. Very beautiful, the only thing was the dry weight was high at over 13 thousand. But every thing was perfect for us. Thank you Bob.
- Robert , California

2019-10-14 2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

We love are reflection 303 . I have been a lot of 5th wheels including pricey Ones also . Grand design in my book is modern luxury at its best And had a chance to go to a rally wow we met some of the grand design employees they are more then top notch
- Rick, New Jersey

2019-10-07 2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

Really like the the floor plan , however day they delivered the trailer bedroom slide out wouldn’t go out unless you over rode the system. {They came out and replaced the motor } The shower leaked Then after one year the air conditioning went out one week later the hot water heater went out . Then when we went to close up this October once again the bedroom motor doesn’t work , again . This camper is permanently parked at a camp ground
- Ted &Cindy Baier, Wisconsin

2019-10-06 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL View Listings

We just bought it last month, so will update as it gets some wear and tear. First, love the floorplan and overall quality, as well as the lighter tone in floor and furnishings from prior models. No complaints yet about quality/durability, but we are newbies still. Grand Design has clearly thought about a lot of issues and incorporated them into the design. Quality control seems good. A few minor points that could have been better designed: (1) access to water valves is difficult and not well covered by the handbook; (2) with dog-friendly features like a built-in dog bowl drawer, you would think the screen door would be constructed to prevent dogs from bolting through it (but it is not); (3) I'm sorry, but what is the point of including a quilt for the bed that is dry clean only? Really? Have you met many campers who want to dry clean anything in the camper? (4) There is a decent amount of storage place, but it is not all that practical; consider including a compartment that works for a small trash can, as well as perhaps fewer, but bigger, compartments over the seating area and above the stove. Overall, though, we are very happy with this. Works great for our empty nest travel with our puppies. Gave warranty/support a middle-of-the-road rating for now because we really don't know.
- JR, Maryland

2019-10-05 2019 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE View Listings

1. The front of the RV was dented or bowed in were the middle trim is. If you look down it the front is wavy. I looked at it myself and touched the screws on the trim 3 of the screw heads fell off, they appeared had twisted off and been glued back on and then noticed one of the screws was even missing. I was going to put a screw in and discovered there was never a screw there as there was only a hole in the trim and not the trailer. 2. Both pieces of trim running across the front were not sealed and I was leaving on a 17 day trip so I had to seal them myself. 3. Doors to bedroom and bathroom very hard to shut and so miss adjusted that the door striker and magnet could not make contact. And the metal plate on the bathroom door that contacts the magnet was missing and was in fact never there as there were no screw holes. 4. Front decal was coming off 5. Trim on wall by recliner coming off 6. Trim at back of bathroom on floor pulling away from wall. 7. Recliner closest to the bathroom will not recline all the way because it hits the wall. Recliner closest to bedroom does recline fully but also scapes the wall and will result in rubbing a hole in recliner. 8. Bottom right draw will not stay closed when being towed 5. Top gutter above awning leaks above front window Things I fixed because I didn’t want to take it back. 1. Had to adjust bathroom door so my wife could shut it as it was very tight. This was more of a challenge. Tried to adjust it but just couldn’t so I removed the trim on both sides of the door at the top and discovered that the header board that the track screws to was bowed down because the header board was bowed down in the middle. That was because the ceiling is bowed down in the middle. I loosened the header screws and shimmed header at the ends and was able to get it straight and adjust the door. 2. One of The drawers in the bedroom would not stay shut. Discovered that the striker was not even close to the plate so I moved it. 3. Day before I leave on a 17 day trip it rains and water is dripping from the AC unit onto the floor. I removed the top cover but couldn’t see anything wrong. I then removed the bottom covers on the inside of trailer and discovered that all 4 bolts holding the unit to the roof were loose. I tightened them and it rain very hard the next day and no leaks. 4. In the process of fixing the leak I noticed the roof has several bubbles in it and the roof material is not installed very well. Lots of little bubbles. This is my third RV and the worse roof job I have seen. 5. Just discovered that the screw on one side of blinds in bathroom is coming loose because it is just screwed into the paneling and is in the wrong place so that the string is putting to much pressure on screw. I will fix it myself but it will leave a hole as it needs moved over. Things not fixed yet 1. Awning hits slide-out and rests on it. This will result in wearing a hole in the awning. Can not tilt awning when raining, as a result the awning fills with water and then tilts down releasing the water but slide-out pushes on awning and may tear a hole in it. Told it was designed that way. I am not satisfied with that answer as this is my 3rd RV and the awning should not fill with water and then collapse to let the water out. I tried pulling the awning down some on one side but looks like the awning pushes down on the slide out so hard it may poke a hole in it. So we can’t even set under awning if there is very much rain. Very poor design. 2. Heater fan is very loud. I have a recording of it. Dealer looked at it and I admit it was quieter there. It is loud again. High pitch squill. I asked them to replace the fan motor as I had a recording of it but they would only do it if I payed for it, even though they heard the recording. 3. Several of the blinds are crooked when you pull them down because the screws were put in the wrong place. Can’t be fixed with out leaving holes. 4. When the paneling was installed they put something over where the nails or staples are and never wiped of the access so there are blotches every 5. The shower door now only retracts half way, sometimes two thirds. I will see if I can fix it as I am still on a trip. 6. Now one of the LED lights in the main part of trailer is flickering, very annoying to watch. Going to cut the wires and disconnect it. Because I am still on a trip. 7. Poor roof job Summary Worst quality construction in a trailer I have ever seen. I have had a Jayco and Flagstaff by Forest River. I purchased this Grand Design because I had read about how great they were. I love the design and looks but beware the quality control is horrible at least it was on mine. Gave it a 3 for factory warranty and support because I don’t know yet
- James Williams, Oklahoma

2019-10-01 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

Purchased new Sept 2018. Tows great behind our 2001 Ford F350 dually. 7.3 eng. Traveled cross country twice to West Coast. Us & our 2 dogs! This unit is great for us! We previously owned a 5th wheel Cardinal. This unit is reasonably priced. Some issues-kitchen sink faucet replaced. Bathroom sink faucet squeaked minor fix. Wall between kitchen and bath had to be worked on during 1 year warrantee ck. Was loose inside. Leak in storage. A few screws outside by door came loose. Love: storage everywhere! Desk to do paperwork. Kitchen storage. Bedroom bath storage. SPACE-SPACE-SPACE plenty of room to move around. Access to bathroom when slides are in. On second extended trip and still feel this trailer was a good decision. THERE IS NO PERFECT RV! THEY ALL HAVE ISSUES AFTER PULLING 1000'S OF MILES. Have dry camped as well as rv parks and still very satisfied with our trailer. Purchased @Lifestyle RV in Kc, Mo
- Darlene Anderson, Missouri

2019-10-01 2020 Grand Design Momentum 376TH View Listings

Had nothing but trouble from First day. Rear awning would not extend fully day I bought and had to take camper back month later. Shower soaked floor first time I used and I had to caulk bottom rail of shower door. Furnace showed error code on control panel and had to take camper back to dealer. Now furnace making squealing noise and has to go back again! I would not recommend this brand to anyone!! Garage is excellent and is perfect for Harley Trike.
- John Morris, Colorado

2019-10-01 2020 Grand Design Transcend 26RLS View Listings

I have had my Transcend for a few months and five trips and I am delighted with it. I have had alot of RVs over the last 30 plus years and realize no rv is without faults. This one has had remarkably few, all of which were minor,such as the bathroom sliding door casing trim bowing out in the Arizona heat. The dealer trimmed it and all is well. The overall fit and finish is good and the layout is well thought out with alot of features for its price point. I have worked as a RV tec and have been impressed with Grand Design's helpfulness.I would recommend this brand without reservation.
- Bruce Kather, Arizona

2019-09-26 2018 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

We absolutely love the Reflection 29RS. It is nicer and more luxurious than our house in many ways. My wife loves the kitchen island with its deep farm-style sink and gorgeous countertops, the cabinetry, full size microwave/convection oven, and the ease of reaching everything she needs with just a few steps. There is also the convenient control center for controlling lights, hot water, eater pumps, checking disposal tanks, etc. I love the ease of hook up, the auto-leveling system, and the water hook up system. We both are in love with this RV, it is completely amazing in every way!
- Tim, Ohio

2019-09-26 2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB View Listings

We have owned this rig since Dec and full time in it over the winter in St.Louis. We were warm and toasty all winter and love this set up for a full timing couple. 1 1/2 baths means no one has to walk through the bed room to go to the potty. Large double sink in the MBR and lots of storage.
- Len B, Illinois

2019-09-25 2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS View Listings

We purchased our unit in July 2019 and took it on a 5,000 mile round trip to New York and back to Colorado. This is a “killer” 5th wheel. It was a perfect trip with absolutely no issues with 5th wheel. We’ve been RVing for over 20 years and this is the best unit we’ve ever owned!
- Tom Aljinovich, Colorado

2019-09-24 2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

We bought our 303rls new at the show and love it. We have not had any problems. This is our 4th trailer and our first 5th wheel. Comparing this trailer with the other three, Grand Design has thought of everything. If windy the door does not whip back and hit the trailer because the hinges are tight. When lookin in an outside compartment the door is magnetized to the trailer and up and out of the way. One touch leveling is a dream. One touch black out curtains are great. Fire place warms the living area on a cool morning. Theater chairs are comfortable and heated. Twelve cubic foot side by side refrigerator is great. LED lights all over the place! etc. etc.
- Richard Fulton, California

2019-09-24 2016 Grand Design Solitude 375RE View Listings

Grand Design is poorly constructed, we've owned ours 4 years, we have had A/C, Refrigerator, Schwintek slide, DVD, Roof, and furniture problems since day 1. Their customer service is a JOKE! WE will NEVER buy a GRAND DESIGN ever again. We had to recover the cheap PLEATHER furniture, it peeled off the 1st year of owning it, NOT covered by warranty. ( I asked Grand design to pay for half of the recovering expense, which they did, as long as I signed a release) how generous of them! WE have had to have Refrigerator replaced ( Warranty does not cover labor for this to be done) We have had to have A/C replaced ( Warranty does not cover labor for this) Slide's constantly need repairing. Awning lights have to be replaced every 3 months ( not covered by warranty) Tires are the cheapest tires made ever! ( had a blow out, caused $5k worth of RV body damage, which we had to put through our insurance company, then replace tires for $700, which insurance does not pay for. Wood trim inside RV is constantly coming away from RV walls, & ceilings, carpet in bedroom is the cheapest made, and buckles constantly. The roof is made of poor quality product by DICOR MFG, its mushy can't be cleaned, and ( Dicor will only cover a membrane replacement mailed to you, and 1/2 the cost of roof replacement at your own dealer) to the tune of about $5500, out of pocket to customer. Everyone at GRAND DESIGN we have spoken too has passed the buck to the manufacturing companies i.e.: Norcold, Dicor, Schwintek when you have a problem. Customer service at its worst, dealing with Grand Design. *** DO YOUR HOMEWORK PEOPLE, READ REVIEWS, BEFORE PURCHASING ANY RV ** WE WISHED WE HAD. ONLY 1 good thing about our GRAND DESIGN is the layout, we love the inside, roominess. Thats NOT saying much for a $100k priced RV. THIS IS our personal experience since 2016 to now. Our RV is currently running with the exception of another Slide problem, needing repaired. It's a LONG expensive road owning a Grand Design.
- Karen & Keith Bavis, Florida

2019-09-19 2019 Grand Design Imagine XLS 18RBE View Listings

OUTSTANDING TRL. IT HAS EVERYTHING ONE NEEDS, NOTHING ONE DOES NOT NEED! I HAVE HAD IT OVER A YEAR WITH ONLY 2 ISSUES. CIRCUIT BOARD ON WATER HEATER WENT OUT BECAUSE IT WAS FROM CHINA. I REPLACED IT ON MY OWN WITH A CIRCUIT BOARD FROM USA($200). A/C WAS WIMPY LAST YEAR BECAUSE IT WAS NOT FULLY BOLTED TO ROOF AND THE WAS AIR GAP. TORQUED BOLTS TO FULLY SECURE AND I COULD HANG MEAT IN HERE. EVEN AT 100 DEGREES AND HUMIDITY ONLY NEED UNIT ON LOW AND HALF TEMPERATURE SETTING DOES THE JOB! NO FREEZE UP AT LOWEST TEMP. LAST WINTER 17DEGREES! I HAVE RENOVATED TRL. TO MY COMFORT AND SATISFIED WITH RESULTS. PULLS GOOD AND I HAVE OLD TRUCK! IF I SOLD IT TODAY AND WAS LOOKING FOR ANOTHER TRL. I WOULD ONLY BUY GRAND DESIGN PRODUCT. ALOT OF BANG FOR THE BUCK.DEFINITELY A PRIME CASE FOR BIGGER IS NOT BETTER! A TRUE 4 SEASON TRL. AND PERFECT SIZE FOR CAMPING OR AS THE SO CALLED ELITE WOULD SAY,"RVING"!
- STEPHEN TYRRELL, New Mexico

2019-09-19 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

We have owned many RVs and this model 2150RB is a great, quality trailer. The insulation factors are better than almost all others and the towability is comfortable. Stays cool even in the 100's. Grand Design makes a nice rig.
- Kevin Milazzo, Texas

2019-09-18 2015 Grand Design Reflection 323BHS View Listings

I have tried several times to resolve my warranty issue for my decals on the front cap. Do a simple search and find complaint after complaint about how poorly these decals have withstood ANYTHING from people who have this stored inside. Mine is the same and yet the only response I get is directing me to the new company they use that can sell me new decals. Very poor customer service and clearly no care for taking care of the customer after the fact. This is not a me problem but a product problem that they refuse to address. A five year warranty on decals should be honored. Without a warranty your product name sake should be more care to you then pawning off your failures on the customer. So now all I can do is tell everyone how poorly the my handle their business.
- Ronald Scott Eaton, Oklahoma

2019-09-17 2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST View Listings

We have a 2016 Reflection 5th wheel, purchased new. We were very pleased with the customer service, at the time. All issues were immediately addressed quickly and with complete satisfaction. Things have changed...our recliners are peeling. I called Grand Design and the unit was " out of warranty"..Seriously!!! The RV was less than 2 years old at the time of the origional complaint and the "leather" is peeling. No slipcovers made for theater seating. Each time we sit down we get "leather" bits all over us. I am at a loss. Crazy expensive to recover and crazy expensive to replace...buyer beware!!
- Gretchen Parrish, Florida

2019-09-17 2019 Grand Design Transcend 26RLS View Listings

We bought this trailer upon our retirement from the military while still stationed in Florida. We are new to rving, but we're smart enough to know that this camper has some real issues. Let me name things that have gone wrong in the first 6 mos: blinds all unravelled and are hanging loose; kinked gas lines; loose screws on recliners that got caught in slide and ruined floor; oven came apart; "wet" glue lines visible beneath wall covering; 2 vents damaged (1 fixed twice); oven door came off; audio problems; wood bench at kitchen table totally came apart; hardware at door came off; black tank leaking; hole in bathroom floor to the outdoors; leaks in both bathroom and kitchen sinks; interior slide doors out of track and screws pulled out of wall (twice); gaps in window screens that bugs come in. That's a lot, but there's more. It's just my husband and me-no kids, no pets. This is a hunk of junk that just keeps racking up the problems, and efforts to reach out to Grand Design, with photos, are pointless. We've fixed most of the problems ourselves while traveling. If Florida's lemon laws applied to RV's, I would be suing Grand Design.
- Shannon Martin, Florida

2019-09-09 2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

This unit is designed and built very well. Plenty of room with 3 slide outs. 2 A/C's keep it plenty cool. It's nice having such a large pantry. You easily only have to grocery shop once a week. Lots of inside storage. Massive front closet in bedroom. Living room is comfortable with theatre seats and trifold sofa. Great kitchen with island sink. Tows well and looks good.
- James Scott T, Alabama

2019-09-09 2019 Grand Design Solitude 380FL-R View Listings

We bought a 2019 Solitude 380 FLS and have lived in it 5 months now. We love the large rear bathroom the 1/2 bath & the front livingroom. However, the plumbing is horrible. We smell sewer gas about 50% of the time, due to the plumbing design. We have a king size bed, stuck into a slide that is just wide enough, so that making the bed is a chore, and the floors are very flimsy. When our Chihuahua runs across the floor, it bounces with his weight.
- Splank, Texas

2019-09-07 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

Owned trailer for 3 days. Went camping for 3. When we got to where we were going we were down to 1/3 fresh water. Found pump would cycle off and on. Guess HWT was leaking under cabinet. Took back to dealer after literally 7 days. Dealer had it 14 days, called to say that all the issues had been fixed. This included the rear slider window not latching and small items. Went with a moisture meter and found sub floor was 100% saturated and lino was bubbling. Discussed with dealer and was told that GD has authorized repair. At this time I told the dealer that I wanted a new unit. (Paid $47,000.00 CDN). The dealer said he would talk to GD on my behalf. Haven't heard a word from dealer. I contacted GD myself and they said they have authorized repairs to $800.00 incl labour. Completely disappointed with dealer and dissatisfied with GD. Personally I would stay away from this manufacturer. We fell in love with the floor plan but absolutely regret purchase.
- Dale Rogan, British Columbia

2019-09-05 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

This is a wonderful travel trailer. Topnotch quality, and an amazing floorplan. Ton of storage, Queen bed with underbed storage, large passthru! Huge rear bath! Love the full 21 foot power awning. Grand Design has optimal Customer Service!
- Deb, Michigan

2019-09-05 2018 Grand Design Reflection 28BH View Listings

Overall a good camper just some cons below but I rated it high for a reason- I am happy with the bones of it, I tow with a F150 and it pulls great. Fair size tanks for dry campers, with integrated solar connection. Great storage space in the front, bottom bunk folds up for great space there. Nice Steps. And all the bells you want ( BT audio, LED backlit speakers, It is supposed to be a higher end camper, but that would be misleading. Trim has come off in several areas, Exterior Outlet came out of the wall. Anywhere that can not be seen is poor quality. LED light strip on front cap is non functioning. 2018 model outdoor latches are quite poor ( folks bought the 2019 model and the latches are great) It is very unstable no matter how I set it up, it will rock if someone moves at all while in bed. After the slide is out you will need to re adjust your jacks.
- Curtis Rowe, Northwest Territories