Grand Design RVs Reviews (281)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Sonya Platt from Idaho says:

Have you owned any Grand Design RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

The layout on this trailer is so well thought out. We never thought we would finally find exactly what we were looking for. Come on how many can't stand the size of the bathroom? Most are cramped. Admit it. My last one was. But good lordy did someone think this one through. Great walk around room. More storage than I know what to do with & did I mention the bathroom? But really great well thought out designs. Bedroom layout great, ample storage. Slide creates a comfortable large living area. I actually do not use all of the storage in this room either. If you haven't stopped & taken a look you are making a giant mistake.
- Sonya Platt, Idaho

2019-08-18 2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS View Listings

Poor workmanship! The RV has less then 500 miles. Screw worked loose in tip out 1 from the floor and gouged a hole in slide wall. Employees put to long of a screw in the front of tip out 1 and they ripped the rubber trim. Under the sink improper screws and the wood surrounding the hoses and elimination pipe and it and the wood pulled pulled out. The radio did not work which they replaced day 1. The curtain in the bedroom keep falling off. The plastic tray in front compartment is cracked in 2 places right side and I do not put weight in it. The front compartment left side leaks water, bad design. Easy accessibility, but should have a flap. The shower has a very cheap floor drain cover. I weigh 290 and my heal made it fold like rubber. I am sure they will cover everything with the warranty, but what a pain. Dealer is 3 1/2 hours away. I guess I expect more for my 45K. I can’t wait to see what the next 4 trips find. Come on a Grand Design.
- Kevin Lobins, Pennsylvania

2019-08-13 2019 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

We have not had a good experience. In fact, there are so many issues with our brand new Grand Design Momentum 399TH that I intended to launch a full internet campaign against Lazy Days RV and Grand Design RV. However, R.T. Kendall's messages recently reminded me that our Lord Jesus Christ teaches "total forgiveness". So instead, I will point out one disparity and then release the whole affair to God for His justice. Look closely at the attached pictures (pictures not available on this site). When I went online to get an insurance quote, I tried to insure my total investment; the value at number 2, the "bottom line" ($98,230.27). The website would not accept this value and a pop-up warning said it could not be insured for more than its retail value. I tried other values until I had to settle on the value at number 3 ($89,998). By this we know we paid full price. I assume the value at number 1 ($118,254) is used to make the buyer think he/she is getting a discount. There were NO discounts for us! Only the Devil's deception! Regardless of the poor rating represented by this review, there was one bright spot in our experience. That was our salesman, Bert Rios. Unlike most salespeople who do most of the talking and try to tell you what you want to buy, Bert listened intently to our concerns and guided us accordingly. God bless you, Bert!
- Dennis Brant , Arizona

2019-08-11 2014 Grand Design Solitude ST369RL View Listings

We bought our 2014 Grand Design Solitude new in 2014 and have lived in it for extended periods of time since. We have thoroughly enjoyed the RV and have not had any major issues with it other than some problems that we caused ourselves. The dealer and manufacturer were very supportive and accommodating in correcting those problems. We love the features and design of the RV and would really not change a thing.
- Jon Lang, Idaho

2019-08-07 2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 230RL View Listings

We bought our 5th wheel on Jun 3rd. 2 days later we went to the dealerships preferred business to get our hitch mounted. We had an appointment and they were ready for us when we got there. After the hitch was done we had an appointment to do our walkthrough. The walkthrough was WAYYYY to fast for us to comprehend anything. It was a whirlwind. This is our first camper so we really didn't know. Don't allow the sellers to hurry you through a walkthrough. Thank God my husband had studied our hitch. The business that put it in didn't set it up for a shortbed truck. The dealership fixed it but it's things like this that cause people to get their 5th wheel up against the side of their truck. We ended up taking posession with hail damage. Not bad hail damage but we didn't see it while it was out in the daylight at the dealership. Hail damage in Cheyenne is on just about all of the vehicles there. We've had it out 3 times on weekends only. We don't plan to live in it at this time. After our 1st outing we had to take it in for a few different reasons. We bought ours in Cheyenne WY and we live in western Nebraska. It's 110 miles to the dealership. We got there,they looked at my list & they fixed every item within a couple of hours & that allowed us to get home before the hail hit on that very day. Golf ball size hail is very damaging. The day we bought it I put a journal in it so we could keep up with any problems & the money we are putting into it. My biggest thing is that during travel the big window behind our recliners, the window in the booth & the large window in the bedroom come unlocked. They don't come open far but they're unlocked. I think I've seen just about every inch of it & everything works. My parents have traveled allover through the years and have never put a drop of water from anywhere without an additional water filter into their campers/ motorhomes. We could not believe what was in that filter when we changed it. Our gray & black tanks are empty but the black always shows 2/3 full. Seems like everyone has those problems. It just so happened that when we emptied the black tank toilet paper was covering the sensors. We took the filtered water and ran water through the toilet and it fixed our problem. Overall we are really happy with it. Living in it would be very different. Daily wear & tear on it would be much different than a home. It's just my husband and I but being in it daily I may have a different feeling about every.
- Lori Riffel , Nebraska

2019-08-07 2019 Grand Design Imagine XLS 18RBE View Listings

excellent trailer with everything one needs, nothing one does not! i would never go back to a big travel trailer after conforming to this size trailer with this much quality for a fraction of the price! as stated....alot of bang for the buck! i have one of the first 18rbe's that came out. new production now has a real comfy sofa. mine does not. however, i put in extra foam and covered with big towel to help a little. i am all alone and revised bench and table to habitat for humanity. installed $500 recliner and now in pig heaven! the rest of trailer is outstanding! i donated queen mattress and installed custom 8" gel memory foam high end mattress with 27" hinge for easy folding murphy bed! i love it! grand design makes a true 4 season trl. not a wannabe! down to 17 degrees last winter! warm and toasty no issues! this summer 104 degrees 40% humidity, a/c on low...inside temp=72degrees....aaah just right! tows easy with my old 2004 ram 1500 4x4 5.7 hemi v8. behemoth overpriced diesel pickup, $70,000? to tow semi looking travel trailer? no thanks! i still call it "camping", not "rving"!
- S.J., New Mexico

2019-08-06 2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

This RV is a piece of junk. We bought it brand new. Very poor quality. Furniture is cracking and peeling. We have went through tons of light bulbs because of poor quality lighting. Had to have a new air conditioner installed within one year of purchase. Refrigerator burns through fuses. Bed lift stopped within months of purchase. Cheap TV and does not work through the speaker system throughout the trailer. Here is the best of all. We are on a permanent site and do not travel in it. I cannot imagine the problems we would have if we were on the road. Run away from the Grand Design Reflection.
- Linda Bell, Maryland

2019-08-06 2017 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

The worst RV we have ever owned! Had a flat less then 10 miles from the dealer. First night the hot water heater didn't work screws were falling out everywhere.tank monitors have never worked Happy Jack bed frame pulled away from the wall the living room chair smelled like it was burning and stopped working! After only four months we had 27 different issues took it in for repairs and came out with seven new issues. took the unit to the manufacturing warranty department and they wrecked it. A disaster is all I can say! I will never buy another grand design!we bought the unit new in July of 2017
- R. Marioni, Texas

2019-08-06 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

First trip out with the RV the fridge would not work awning leaked, love the layout but the quality is not there. Should have known that there would be a problem when we put sheets on the bed there was leftover wood shavings and small pieces of cut wire under the mattress. If someone doesn't have enough pride in there work to clean up after contusion and then place a mattresses down to cover the mess up. Then why would I( Imagine ) they would build a good product. After taking 2 days vacation to have the RV worked on it still is not 100%. Last trip out the windows leaking. But hey the fridge is working!!! We had picked a cheaper camper out but was told this was a better built camper and we loved the layout, the camper is not better built its cheaply built. We will be taking it out again in a few weeks hoping to find any other hidden problems before the warranty runs out. We expect there will be more trouble. And once the season is over I will be trading it off. The design and the thought is there with the camper, but the workmanship and quality is lacking..
- adam long, West Virginia

2019-08-04 2018 Grand Design Transcend 27BHS View Listings

We really like the layout of the 27BHS and have owned it for about 3 months now. We are extremely (emphasis on extremely) disappointed in the quality of the camper. While towing the camper from the dealer back to our house, we had our first casualty. The propane hose that is clamped along the chassis to provide fuel for the outside kitchen stove broke away from the chassis and was dragged for several miles before a good samaritan pointed it out to us. Unfortunately the dragged hose wore through the fitting creating a leak, which we had to fix. Over the next two months, a dozen issues were discovered. 2. The outside door is extremely difficult to latch. We had to remove the strike plate to make it less difficult to latch the door. 3. The bathroom vanity wood frame around the lower cabinet is cracked. 4. The smoke detector in the kitchen alarms every time we use the inside stove. 5. One of the wall panels on the slide-out was cut too big and bowed out, separating from the wall studs 6. The door trim around the master bedroom door was also cut too big and bowed out, separating from the glue holding it in place. 7. The bracket on the wall below the master bedroom sliding door that keeps the door near the wall pulled out from the wall because it wasn't screwed into the wall stud. 8. The wall that the wall board mentioned in #5 screws into is also separating from the wall studs. 9. The fairing along the outside bottom of the camper is not properly secured because the screw was stripped on installation. 10. The pet bowl drawer below the frig is coming off it's slide because the screws are stripped. 11. The drip pan on the indoor stove pops up every time we travel. I am not sure how it is supposed to be secured, but it isn't secured properly. 12. The kitchen cabinet doors over the kitchen window do not close without significant rubbing between the doors. 13. The wallpaper covering on the walls has multiple glue stains from applying too much glue to the plywood when applying the wall paper. It's not something that sticks out right away in the showroom, but when you are living in the camper, they start to become more prominent. We have only owned the camper three months and have only towed it back from the dealer and taken it on one camping trip, so I don't know how many more issues we are going to uncover, but I am not confident that we have identified all the issues. We initially bought this camper as a place to live while we renovate our house, so we have not been able to schedule a time to repair all of these issues until we finish the house enough that we can move into it and move out of the camper. It is so disappointing to find so many manufacturing defects in a brand new camper. We have been told by many people that the RV industry as a whole does not produce first time quality campers and relies on warranty claims to address any quality issues rather than fixing the quality escapes at the source. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!! We are optimistic that these issues will be properly addressed by the manufacturer and that this camper will stay together long enough to enjoy it for a few years...
- Thomas Houghton, Connecticut

2019-08-03 2018 Grand Design Momentum 328M View Listings

We spent a combined total of over 24 hours on hold trying to get warranty work done on our Momentum, not receiving callbacks after numerous messages, multiple emails, parts sent to incorrect addresses... we finally received 2 reimbursement checks from Grand Design: only to cash them and have them bounce and being charged an additional amount for the privilege of receiving bad checks from Grand Design. Now we have to start the ENTIRE arduous process over again.... I strongly advise anyone considering buying a Grand Design product to consider their completely useless warranty process when making their decision. If I could give a negative 100 star rating for factory/warranty support, I would.
- Dawn Larson, Minnesota

2019-08-01 2019 Grand Design Momentum 376TH View Listings

Glad to find this site. Same problem with refrigerator not closing properly. The middle piece on double door not closing. Read about using washer on it and will try that. Other problem was the awning falling off side of rv. Had it extended and was inside and all the sudden the left side of the awning crashed down. Did call dealer as we purchased it on June 28th 2019 and this happened on July 13th 2019. Had no luck with dealer and finally found an rv place to come out to repair it. Looking at camper it is the left arm bent that comes out ver the dining slide out. Very disappointed!!!
- Andrew Kreuter Jr, Pennsylvania

2019-07-31 2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL View Listings

My husband and I liked this RV very much when we saw it here on rvinsider. It is immaculate and has been kept in very good condition. Everything was clean and well maintained. Our plans have changed so we won't be purchasig any RV now.
- Lynn, Nevada

2019-07-31 2017 Grand Design Momentum 376TH View Listings

After reading the other poor reviews it makes me feel a lot better knowing my sh**y brand new $95,000.00 2017 grand design 376TH isn’t the only one with major issues. Here’s some of the problems this brand new RV has. RV issues: Outside water hook up compartment leaks into basement area.  Bed motors struggle to raise bed Kitchen drawer has hole inside cabinet on the back wall behind the drawer causing basement heat and or cold to enter kitchen.  Lock latch on door inside the “outside” kitchen compartment is missing.  Bottom of shower door leaks near sink. I caulked everything in hopes of resolving issue. My friends 2016 has same issue.  Refrigerator drain drips everywhere inside fridge despite no obstruction or drain plug outside or in drain line/pan.  I replaced everything and after noticing the drain pan over flowing into the outside fridge slide compartment floor which is now rotted out I rerouted the drain tube. Living room window couch screen liner is not in all the way around screen.  Air gap at entrance door/visible light entering around edges. Poor seal.  Generator won't auto transfer switch power. I contacted Jr at the dealership I drove 8 hours to pick this thing up and ultimately gave up because they were worthless so I contacted grand design which grand design was extremely helpful and overnighted a transfer switch but I still wasted a day removing all the contents of the storage compartment and also the inside walls to swap the transfer switch out myself.  JR promised to send filters/light strip, transfer switch etc. after multiple times contacting it became a lost cause so I gave up and just wrote a bad review. The Outside entertainment center sound does not connect to the outside tv. My friends 2016 has the same issue.  The Fridge door won't shut fully when closed. Inside divider rubbing bottom of fridge.  Black and gray water tank sensors do not read properly. They will read full even after being rinse Many times and drained. Led Light strip behind tv doesn't work. Another thing I spoke to JR about which he was going to ship me a new strip but after multiple attempts to solve the issue I ended up giving up.  Shower drain did not work. I Disconnected everything Under shower pipe and replaced the piece that keeps air from coming back up pipe. Shower now drains most of the time.  Generator door latch is not right and the generator compartment can’t lock. Passenger side compartment turn latch just spins 360 degrees continually.  Passenger side couch is slanted (how the hell does that happen?). Couch does not sit flat and yes I’m aware it’s a pull out bed but the problem is the couch rear feet aren’t level. Entertainment center radio comes on randomly so we make sure the volume is all the way down so we don’t get woken up at 3am by what seemed like a ghost for the first couple weeks we owned the rv. Wiring issue with entertainment center including lights and sound system. Lights/ radio sometime stay on or cut on by themselves. Yes the lights too...wtf trim in basement drivers side rear storage door and inside coach is not installed properly, staples/glued to hold it in place.  (You can’t staple right? Lol. Does the manufacturer have 3 year olds putting these things together!!?) Bottom Grey water tank valve handle won't go in fully and the walls holding the valve handles aren’t secured so you gotta use one hand to hold the wall and another to push or pull the valve.   Kitchen Oven door does not close fully. We use a folding ladder pushed against the door when we use the oven. Living room small window on drivers side screen rubber messed up from the factory. 49 hours on the generator and the fuel pump broke so I replaced that. The air conditioners leak water. All three. The problem is I work a lot. Many many hours a week and I bought a $95,000.00 dollar rv thinking I would just have a big payment and not worry with having to fix stuff. But now I have a payment and a weekend repair list. It’s bs. Run away! This is just what I felt like writing down. There’s so many issues with this piece of s**t. We will never buy another grand design. Honestly grand design should give me about $65,000.00 of my $95,000.00 back. This rv might be worth $30 grand. I hope this helps people.
- Ben Johnson, Georgia

2019-07-30 2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

The dealership was spot on - very good experience. The water control panel has had to be serviced three times when we were out on the road. Very problematic. Paid out of pocket one time just so we could use the water despite having the $3000 warranty. Last issue left us in the woods 10 days with no water or toilet. Checked with dealer. Told we are not alone with water control issues. Taking it back for service two months from now because of back log repairs. No more camping for this year. Very frustrating and will never buy another.
- David VB, Colorado

2019-07-30 2019 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS View Listings

Buying from Grand Design has been one of the biggest mistakes in my life. This 5th wheel and the support we've received for it have both been absolute garbage. In the 5 weeks I've owned this trailer the A/C has broken twice (shotty wiring), the fridge has proven faulty (cheap hardware that keeps it from sealing completely), some valve is broken in the bathroom so the water in there absolutely reeks, the awning braces snapped, the microwave was missing the plates and shelves, the oven has broken (the gas line doesn't connect anymore or something), the outlet covers all fall off because the wood is so incredibly thin, the cabinets won't stay closed while we drive so several item have fallen out and damaged our slides (we've since had to begin strapping them all closed), our thermostat needs to be replaced because, due to some bug, it can no longer turn the fans on without turning the AC on...these are just the things I can remember off the top of my head and these things all went wrong in the first month of owning it. The warranty from Grand Design is complete bullcrap as well. We've had to hunt down all of our own service departments and repair people, we've gone out of pocket thousands with no sign of reimbursement checks, we've been blown off by Grand Design for weeks at a time. Our trailer, purchased in Ohio, is now officially a 'lemon' and we will be seeking a huge refund. If I was you, i would never purchase from Grand Design.
- Zach Olson, Wisconsin

2019-07-30 2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

All in all, we have owned this RV since 2015 and is a 2016. It was one of the first to have LED lighting thru-out. Originally, we really were not looking or this type of RV. We thought a travel trailer would fit our needs. However, after viewing this 5th wheel at a RV trade show, we absolutely wanted one and went to the dealer and had one ordered from the manufacture. There were minor issues with it but the Grand Design staff and dealer reps were on page with each other and satisfied and fixed everything. The livability is great with the three slides. Even though we never had anyone else stay in it with us on our trips, it has room enough for six people to sleep. The layout allows easy movement in the living/kitchen area. The wardrobe slide has plenty of room for a five night stay. Plenty of storage thru-out the RV. The ease of pulling this RV surprised me even though the length had me concerned as backing up with it and turning corners gave me pause to be very cautious and very slow. The wheels and tires could be 16" for a better ride. However, we loved all the amenities and comfort the Reflections offered. I decided that there needed more stability when docked. So, I purchased a tripod to stabilize the 5th wheel hitch and this helped with the bounce one would get while moving around in the RV. All in all we are satisfied with our purchase and the quality of this RV.
- Gary H, Oklahoma

2019-07-13 2017 Grand Design Solitude 369RL View Listings

We love our Grand Design Solitude 369RL. We have had no problems with it at all!! unlike our other 5th wheel by Forest River/Prime Time, that was a lemon right out of the gate. I would buy another Grand Design in a heart beat, The manufacture gets back to you if you have any questions, concerns, issues,
- Mindy Hall, Pennsylvania

2019-07-12 2019 Grand Design Imagine XLS 18RBE View Listings

Outstanding trailer and a lot of bang for the buck! Murphy bed is great and tucks away easily. I donated the original queen mattress. Too big for me and too tight, difficult to make up. I have custom gel memory foam 54x78 with 27” hinge installed. Perfect for me and easy to make up. I have made revisions to trl. to suit me but bottom line....pleased with product and this is my second Grand Design. It’s all I need nothing I don’t! Big trailers? Absolutely absurd!!
- Stephen Tyrrell , New Mexico

2019-07-07 2018 Grand Design Momentum 351M View Listings

Grand Design has been nothing but amazing from their customer service to the quality of their product. We’ve loved every moment since purchasing our trailer and are glad we decided to purchase a Grand Design over a different manufacturer.
- Vivienne, Texas

2019-07-04 2017 Grand Design Reflection 26RL View Listings

The Grand Design Reflection 26rl is a great size 5th wheel. It's very easy to maneuver into parking spaces even in the smaller parks. Tows like a dream. Perfect size for 2 people. Haven't had a bit of trouble with this RV. Grand Design is a company that stands behind their products and customer service is excellent.
- Mindy, Missouri

2019-07-04 2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

This is one of the best Travel Trailers on the market for the price point, quality of craftsmanship and the best customer service in the industry. You will not go wrong buying a Grand Design product. We love it!
- D Henson, Texas

2019-07-02 2018 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

Not recommended. I have been very disappointed my less than a year old not used RV has a refrigerator that won't cool to safe temp. I've called a dozen times & all I get is rude persons who tell me to call the refrigerator maker who repeatedly says GD knows it won't cool in a unvented slide, so still under warranty factory & extended we paid extra for here we sit.. worried about fire.. food in a cooler.. to top it off we haven't found a tech that will work with GD or Demetic.. this RV was way over priced & under quality with screws falling out of shower door, trim falling, paint fading.. & it's never even been moved. GD blames Dometic..Dometic blames GD.. both sleep & we pray it doesn't catch on fire.. we do what's been recommended by GD & Dometic (put ice in it, run box fan on in, keep cover off..) Great solutions to try & avoid warranty.. TY.
- Melanie Jacoby, Texas

2019-06-30 2017 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

Worst experience I have ever had with a Trailer. Every single camping trip there is something broken with this trailer we’ve had it for two years and maybe only been able to take it out five times because of how big of a piece crap the thing is. I wouldn’t recommend this trailer to even my worst enemy. Water heater went out last year got it replaced with a new circuit board which General RV wouldn’t help us with Neither would grand design. The water heater and the switch board have already gone out 2 times. the repair guy that fixed it said this is the worst piece of crap design anybody’s ever made. I am horrible upset for all the lies we got told of how amazing this company was . Boy were we miss informed!!!
- Hollie, Utah

2019-06-25 2019 Grand Design Momentum G Class 350G View Listings

This is absolutely the best built 5th wheel toy hauler on the market. We have owned 3 & no comparison. The insulation,the heated tanks,the race track circulation A/C,the patio,the awnings,the led lighting,etc.there's so many standard options that you have to add on with the other brands.we were completely blown away. We are selling this unit in hopes someone else can take advantage of all the space it has. The 2 of us & our motorcycles don't need all the space. We have installed removable chocks for towing the bikes.
- Richard Hutchison , Texas