Grand Design

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

CJ from Montana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2021-07-25 2019 Grand Design Imagine XLS 19RLE View Listings

We wanted a smaller RV and liked the look and amenities of the Grand Design Imagine 19RLS. The salesman said that it was built by the same manufacturer of larger luxury fifth wheel trailers. We trusted him thinking this would be a quality trailer. We were wrong to think this. Our first time out (a one night trip), the air conditioner couldn’t keep this small, no slides, trailer cool. Took it in and dealer said it was working as it should. We assumed the AC must be undersized for the trailer but Grand Design wouldn’t do anything about it. Our second trip was a 2 week trip from SW Colorado to Montana. After a couple of nights, the water heater stopped working and the underbelly liner fell off while we were driving dragging as we drove. That exposed the fact that no insulation had ever been installed even though it was advertised as having an insulated heated underbelly. We spent the next day waiting on a mobile RV repair company to temporarily reattach the underbelly cover. We spent another day trying to find a RV service company to replace the hot water heating control unit so we could have hot water. We had to CB pay out of pocket but did get reimbursed but it used up two days of vacation. Then, while traveling down a busy highway, we noticed from our side mirrors that the weatherstripping on the both sides of outside front trim had come loose and was flapping like bird wings! Embarrassing. During the trip, one of the glass panes on the upper storage cabinet doors cracked and when we got home another glass pane fell out of the door. The sealant used didn’t hold the pane in and we hypothesized that that was the cause of the cracked window, too. Grand Design refused to pay for the these even though it was during the one year warranty period. Since then, at least a fourth of the cabinet door glass sealant has fallen off so this was definitely a factory defect. Never had that issue with our previous Cougar RV which we had for ten years! Another issue, the sliding door to the bathroom won’t close completely due to it not being installed level. Fast forward to the following spring, when preparing for a multi day trip, we de-winterrized the trailer and hooked up the water. Water began pouring out of connections in the pass through storage and under the sink. The connections had not been properly connected with proper connectors — only stuck together with adhesive —which obviously deteriorated during the winter. Water was pouring out of the underbelly. Even though this was an obvious factory defect, Grand Design refused to pay for the repair since it was over the one year warranty period. We recently took a weekend trip and the air conditioner would work for a few hours and then start blowing warm air. We took it back to the dealer and they finally discovered that the air conditioner had been installed without sealing the baffles allowing outside air instead of return air from the trailer causing the AC to freeze up. Again, a factory defect but Grand Design would not pay for the repair. Also, the placement of the AC and no ductwork causes the dinette/bed to be too cold while the area of the Murphy bed is too warm —a design issue. We bought this trailer brand new and owned it for a year and a half, it looks cute but the lack of quality in the workmanship and lack of responsibility shown by Grand Design for said workmanship means we will never purchase another Grand Design product.
- Stacey Harrison, Colorado

2021-07-24 2020 Grand Design Transcend Xplor 265BH View Listings

Have had for 2 years and used one month and two trips of 1500 miles. No towing issues or mechanical issues. Only problem is a pungent smell in the trailer that gets in your clothes and will not go away. Tried the usual de-gassing procedures but to no avail. Trailer layout is good with front bedroom and bath separate from living area. Wife has Asthma so I will try ammonia treatment next to try and decrease smell.
- Richard Willoughby, Wisconsin

2021-07-21 2019 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS View Listings

We really like this great floor plan. The two private bedrooms, master in the front and bunkhouse in the rear are both very private. The full front bath is very nice and has a slider door to the master suite and a regular locking door to the hallway. The shower is perfect in size and the aluminum hot water heater is wonderful in heating the water quickly and very low maintenance. The water heater is both electric and propane. The kitchen is very large with a very nice island and large full size door on the pantry. The stove and oven are excellent and simple to use and clean. The microwave is perfectly mounted above the stovetop and is very reliable. The Dometic refrigerator is a very large four door unit, but it has had its challenges. It works, but you need to watch it closely. In hot weather or in higher elevations it can be somewhat temperamental. The upper freezer doors ended up leaking A LOT of the interior glue (dark brown) onto the lower doors and into the unit. This glue has caused the lower doors to stick and not close properly. I have cleaned the glue off multiple times, but it has always came back. The trailer seems to be very high quality construction and we enjoy the extra space from the three large slideouts and the smaller slideout in the master suite. There is plenty of storage inside and outside, along with a deluxe full outside kitchen including a large electric refrigerator, microwave and two burner stove. I upgrade the exterior wireless camera system to have full view on all four sides of the trailer while towing/driving and I wired the system to work while we are camping/RV Parking for surveillance viewing of wildlife or for protection. The flooring, wall coverings, high ceilings and two Coleman air conditioners are functional and beautiful. The furniture, large flatscreen TVs (main TV and master suite TV) are comfortable and of high quality. Grand Design customer support has been the best experience ever. They are prompt to return calls or email and even helped encourage dealerships to service our RV in a timely manner. They have been at the ready to cover any warranty repairs or non-warranty items as well.
- Victor , Nevada

2021-07-19 2021 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22MLE View Listings

This is my 3rd trailer and is easily the best built, best laid out and most user friendly of the three. It is the perfect couples trailer and feels huge inside. It tows perfectly and is just really sexy. I would highly recommend this trailer to anyone looking the perfect couples trailer you can fit in your driveway and tow with a small pick-up truck or mid size suv.
- Marty McCarthy, Ontario

2021-07-17 2019 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS View Listings

Our Grand Design has been amazing. The ONLY thing we don't like about it how the awning is one large unit that goes over the slide, the design makes the space under the awning a lot smaller because it's all taken up by the slide. But, we love everything else about it. The layout, the quality, the customer service...everything is top notch. We highly recommend Grand Design and especially love the 312bhts!
- Katie Krivolavek, Nebraska

2021-07-16 2021 Grand Design Imagine 3110BH View Listings

We purchased this rv early in year March 2021. We didn’t use until July 13 we thought we would take it out for a trial overnight. Well to begin refrigerator would not keep food cold. Bedroom tv antenna wouldn’t work. Back jack is bent front master bedroom door won’t stay closed. Shower has issues. All compartment locks frozen, trim missing in rear, found large piece of rubber seal laying next to camper? We have owned several rv’s over the years and this one has to be the worst in respect to problems. To top it off can’t get in to dealer for 3 weeks and they said if it needs any parts it could be there for awhile I live in Wisconsin so our season ends end of Augusta. By the time this comes out of winter storage my warranty will be expired.very disappointed
- Todd nelson, Wisconsin

2021-07-16 2019 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

Multiple camper failures needed to replace furrion microwave convection oven due to bad handle switches not serviceable had to replace entire side by side refrigerator due to bad build trim falling off slides multiple times outlets are falling out of wall. Very light use camper and with covid all of 2020 it was not even used so 1 1/2 years and this thing is falling apart. Just talked to grand design and they told me I'm close to end of warranty and pretty much I should go away. They got my money and they don't care about their product even though I still have 2 years on extended warranty and the dealership got me the parts ie fridge and microwave and I had to change myself because they could not go to campground and fix it. And yet I have the best warranty you can buy. This is last grand design camper we get and by the way its our second grand design camper so we are supposedly great customers. If we can get 3 months of camping in maybe we will post a better review. So currently since new 7 problems with camper. Dealership worked on it multiple times and so did we for the price it turned out to be a huge project.....
- Robert Campbell, Pennsylvania

2021-07-15 2021 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

We have the 150 series 260D purchased June 2021. We love the unit, but had I known about the horrible 3 inch clearance of the rear stabilizers I never would have made the purchase. I have submitted my concerns about this terrible engineering design three times to the manufacturer with absolutely no response. The dealer has been trying to help me, but I was told there was no way to raise the jacks to give me at least 6 to 8 inches clearance. I would seriously caution anyone not to purchase anything in this series until the engineering problem has been corrected.
- Dr. William Burns, Colorado

2021-07-13 2020 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

First trip out the plastic trim that covers the trim screws fell out. Little Dealer Little Prices said this is not a warranty item. GD customer service could not be reached. Paid for this out of pocket. The control that runs the refrigerator died GD customer service would not answer the phone. $300 out of pocket for parts. Fixed it myself. At less than 2000 miles one of the "China Bomb" tires came apart and damaged the whole side of my unit. After four calls and no answer, I called the main number. Grand Design told me to turn it into my insurance. If you cannot fix it yourself DO NOT buy a Grand Design.
- Kieth Knight, Arizona

2021-07-13 2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB View Listings

This RV tows better than our 31 foot bumper pull did. It is so spacious and comfortable that my wife and I have actually spent some nights in it while it sat in our driveway, just because we love it so much but couldn't get away.
- Mark Snow, Utah

2021-07-07 2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R View Listings

Just bought it have had 4other fifth wheels over the years the quality is ok not top of the line lots of trim mistakes not stapled properly no toilet paper hanger or face cloth holder in bathroom kinda of tacky opened the bathroom cupboard and saw on the wall a 4 inch round hole where somebody made a mistake at factory and left it there the quality of work is just not there.
- Jim, British Columbia

2021-07-07 2020 Grand Design Momentum G Class 28G View Listings

We have enjoyed our Grand Design. Nice lay out. Nice options. Nice to be able to take our golf cart anywhere. Sleeps a lot of people for the size!!! No issues with appliances. Ref worked great! Nice for grandparents that take grandkids once in a while.
- Teresa Perdue, North Carolina

2021-07-05 2020 Grand Design Transcend 30MKS View Listings

This camper has been a nightmare sense we’ve had it.First the bathroom door came off the track,next the refrigerator didn’t switch to gas when the power went off when we were not there and didn’t go back to electric when that came back on had fly’s and maggots everywhere what a mess,next the microwave died had to replace that next they replaced refrigerator and the second one doesn’t drain water out the drain tube water overflows inside refrigerator next the bathroom faucet leaked all over underneath no caulking around it next the shower faucet also had no caulking around it water got behind wall water all over floor.Would I recommend this trailer to anyone heck NO very discussed with it totally!!!
- Raymond Foster, South Carolina

2021-07-01 2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 21BHE View Listings

Bought it brand new and took a trip going from Colorado to Montana. 1st day the water heater control board went out. 2nd day 2 cabinet doors fell off. 3rd day bathroom door won't slide square. 4th day the actual bottom fell out and was dragging it on the road. Noticed they had no insulation under the floorboard for the "Arctic" package. Driving home the corner weather stripping fell off and was trailing behind in the SLC freeway. Several other items broke also. 6 weeks in the shop they finally repaired almost everything. Dealer informed me Grand Design will not cover cabinet doors falling off. Next year found the supply to faucet connections were leaking due to incorrect factory installation. Grand Design said not their problem, out of warranty. This company has no quality control. Steer Clear!
- Frank G Harrison, Colorado

2021-06-28 2016 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

We’ve owned our 2016 2800BH for over five years and spent at least 100 nights in it and driven across the country twice. The layout is great. However, as others point out, I’m always gluing something back together. Trim pieces just fall off randomly. Maybe the quality is better after 2016. The looks are premium but Grand Design could have spent more time on premium construction. Trim pieces falling off is a minor inconvenience but still shouldn’t happen. The trailer frame is rusting and I’ve never taken it anywhere with road salt. I had to replace all of the leaf springs at two years because they all lost their curve - we only take clothes and food and I’ve never traveled with full tanks. The slide bogs down when closing - even after I replaced the original battery with two wired in parallel. I always worry it won’t quite make it. Local RV repair shop said it’s a poorly designed slide system and I’ll eventually have to replace the very small motor. The slide also leaks at one corner and I can’t figure out why. All the seals are tight and the drain hole is open but the carpet at one corner is always damp after rain. Aside from the aforementioned problems, the layout and interior design are great. I think you will find problems with all travel trailers across all brands as they are not built as strong as a house and are subject to many more stresses. This is our second travel trailer and I’m mostly happy with it but it’s not perfect.
- John, Florida

2021-06-27 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

The 2800BH has been perfect for our family of 5 dog. Plenty of room and privacy in front queen bedroom. Really like that we had a separate entrance and exit, so we did not disturb little ones after coming in from campfire. All appliances have performed as expected with no issues to date. The only problem we've had was a bad elbow connection right after city water connection. Replaced it with new pex elbow while on a trip no problem.
- Frank Husted, Georgia

2021-06-25 2017 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

Our 2017 Reflection is a dream. We decided to buy a new Reflection. This home is ready to go. It has the best theater seats, fireplace, tv, trifold couch, 4 chair dinette and island. You will love the outdoor entertainment area and the 18 foot lighted awning. With 3 slides, and back up camera hook up, auto leveling system you will be a happy camper. We put a new queen never used mattress in bedroom.
- Vicki McCrea, South Carolina

2021-06-25 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL View Listings

We bought it 2nd hand. Very few hours on it. 1st time out the roof started lifting. The membrane looks like a dome tent in the wind. Trim on the top has come off on the entire side, blew out a tire. We arent even home yet. Ready to sell and go back to tenting.
- Lynelle Dennis, Washington

2021-06-24 2018 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 350M View Listings

Well built unit, tows ok but I need a bigger truck. HaHa. Nice design except for the lack of underneath storage. We like the 350M Momentum for is size and livability. Lots of room for the two of us. Not so much when the grandkids come, but we can handle it.
- George Wilson, New York

2021-06-24 2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL View Listings

Don't deal with this company!!!! Their service on what they sell is HORRIBLE!!! One slide out quit working and several seals need replaced in less than a year. Well, their service is a JOKE!!! My husband took it to the dealership and we have been told it will take FIVE to SIX WEEKS to get it fixed because they are so backed up. Well, why do that many Grand Designs need repairs causing them to be that far behind. So, we will be without our camper nearly the entire summer. How disappointing. But most of all, I'm disappointed in Grand Design for not providing better service for what they sell. When we purchased the camper, the salesman stressed to us what a great company they were and their service department was great. Five to six weeks isn't great in my opinion. Just have to say that I'm really disappointed in Grand Design.
- Linda, Kansas

2021-06-23 2018 Grand Design Solitude 310GK View Listings

This RV is our first ever RV. Living in it full time for work. Very comfortable lay out for living full time. Plenty of storage in under belly and in closet and cabinets. The self leveling feature is a must have. Very satisfied over all. We had a few issues with components but Grand Design handled all our issues in a timely manner. Even shipped to our location California where my husband was working so we never had to haul it to an RV repair site. We are now looking to purchase a toy hauler model so we can have our motorcycles with us in retirement.
- Julie Cormie, Texas

2021-06-22 2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH View Listings

I loved this fifth wheel. It is very classy and very well made. It is huge so my only advice is watch other drivers and going in and out of lanes, otherwise you will get stares upon stares. People will ask for tours of your unit and of course questions about the outdoor back porch. That is always a conversation piece.
- Barbara jean Driesen, Washington

2021-06-21 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

We purchased this unit used and have had it almost 2 years which included a major excursion out west. Pros: Layout Living in it Amenities like the pop up tv Lots of counter space in the kitchen Fireplace/space heater Dual AC Lots of storage Cons: Canopy placement Outdoor speakers Dinette booth conversion to bed Ours included the theater seating, but we would have preferred the standard sofa bed. With the dual slides, there is enough space for an inflatable queen bed in the main space. All in all the 2670 is a great unit.
- Dan Kaminski, South Carolina

2021-06-18 2018 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

We are so unhappy with this rv. 4 years, 2 pin boxes, a new controller, brakes failed 3 times, brake wiring melted hydraulic system, and now broken down in Georgia with a broken leaf spring on a 2018 camper. Shame on you Grand Design!
- Jeffrey Schmucker, Pennsylvania