Grand Design RVs Reviews (256)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Sonya Platt from Idaho says:

Have you owned any Grand Design RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

The layout on this trailer is so well thought out. We never thought we would finally find exactly what we were looking for. Come on how many can't stand the size of the bathroom? Most are cramped. Admit it. My last one was. But good lordy did someone think this one through. Great walk around room. More storage than I know what to do with & did I mention the bathroom? But really great well thought out designs. Bedroom layout great, ample storage. Slide creates a comfortable large living area. I actually do not use all of the storage in this room either. If you haven't stopped & taken a look you are making a giant mistake.
- Sonya Platt, Idaho

2019-06-21 2019 Grand Design Solitude 375RES View Listings

Grand Design quality is certainly over rated. They attempt to hide errors in construction, and construction is fair. They will tell you they value customers but they will put you through the ringer to get stuff fixed. Their answer to everything is bring it in to a service center. Great camper if you want to park it in a service center - or if you are trying to live or camp in it you fix it yourself or pay someone to do it. I would be more than happy to discuss the problems or even invite you to see mine before you purchase one of these. Definitely NOT satisfied or a “valued” customer.
- Larry Murphey, Georgia

2019-06-18 2016 Grand Design Solitude 321RL View Listings

We bought our 5th wheel brand new and both the manufacturer and dealer have told us that it sucks to be us when our outside wall started to separate. Neither of them stand behind what they build or sell these days. Extended warranty means absolutely nothing anymore. When I tried to call the manufacturer I was told they do not deal with customers only with the dealership. No one is willing to help us in any way. I think this manufacturer has gotten to big and really don’t care about their customers or how they build anything. Will never recommend anyone buy one of their trailers.
- Cheryl, Alberta

2019-06-17 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379 FL View Listings

We love this 5th Wheel. The layout has been perfect. What few issues we have had the company has been great to address them. Would highly recommend Grand Design and this floorplan. I can't rate Towing ability because we've never left our permanent site with it.
- Terry Beadle, Wisconsin

2019-06-12 2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

This RV purchase has been great. I moved from a 28ft Class A Winnebago to this 25 ft Class C Redhawks and I never looked back. I travel alone for the most part and this rig is excellent in reliability, functionality and comfort. While my friends have purchased larger and supposedly “better quality” RVs, they have had nothing but problems. I have had very few. My dealer Blade Chevrolet in Mt Vernon WA has been easy to work with, fast with service and very helpful. I just have had a wonderful experience all around and have nothing but praise for this new smaller road warrior RV.
- Sage MacLeod , Washington

2019-06-10 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

Really disappointed in my 2600 RB Imagine by Grand Design, since day one have had nothing problems, the awning fabric being replaced for second time, half the front cap lights burnt out, on the new light strips several lights turned yellow, now have to be replaced again, my power jack was replaced due to a recall, on the new jack the switch cover plate sheared off while driving down road, toilet had to be replaced because it leaked, my theater seating heat feature no longer works, the leaf springs on my trailer need to be replaced they are all over slung which causes the trailer to bounce around while driving, spoke to Grand Design warranty on a few occasions and were not very helpful poor customer service, their brochure says they are raising the quality bar with their 250+ inspection process, which is misleading to customers. I wish I could post pictures of the defects of my unit on this post, for those interested in buying from Grand Design think again there's better options out there, Grand Design have nice floor plans units look great however they are built with cheap components. I was lucky, I purchased an extended warranty that covers all my repairs since Grand Design won't even cover anything anymore. Last time I buy from them!
- Jack, Ontario

2019-06-09 2018 Grand Design Solitude 360RL-R View Listings

We loved our Solitude! Great quality and stands up well to extreme weather in all seasons. You can tell it's made out of better materials than most RVs and is perfect for full time living. Tows like a dream.
- Lynn Prather, Nebraska

2019-05-25 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

We have owned several RV's over our 60+ years of camping and traveling and this Grand Design Imagine is by far the best one so far. Well made, comfortable, tons of storage, huge bathroom easy to pull and set up. Very satisfied with this camper.
- William Emery , Florida

2019-05-18 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 351M View Listings

This camper has an awesome layout! The island is very functional and we could sit comfortably at it on the bar stools, whether eating dinner or drinking a beer. It has beautiful colored led lighting, inside and out, that you can adjust for any mood, and the fireplace adds an exceptional bit of warmth, literally and figuratively. It is very well insulated, and I never had a problem with condensation on the windows or walls, on those cold mornings, unlike other campers. The 1/2 bath in the garage is a bonus. It comes in handy for company. We replaced the mattress of course, wasn't even comfortable to sit on. The shower is great, didn't have to turn it off to conserve hot water. The microwave quit, but it's getting replaced by the dealer and grand design. Had a hydrolic leak, and some problems with the one touch control system, but had repair guys come to our campground to fix it and GD reimbursed us for every penny. We did have a problem with the norcold fridge not getting cold enough, condensation build up and ice build up, Norcold was being a pia, so we just took it to our dealer when we got home, to let them deal with them. Overall I would say it's not like a camper, its more like a small home. Oh ya, when we first picked it up I forgot to grab my coffee cup off the counter, but when we got home it was sitting right where I left it!
- Carol, Michigan

2019-05-17 2016 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

From the first trip this trailer has been problematic. Little issues we had such as lights not working, gauges not working properly, refrigerator not cooling or when cooling it freezes everything. Then a long trip and brakes failing! Then another trip and slide out motor failing. Then another long trip and suspension failing and tires blowing and possibly stuck no-where. Then after dealing with factory and authorize service center and supplier, and now having a comfortable feeling that all is good. The next long trip the suspension once again fails and brand new tires worn down. LP Gas lines leaking. I feel sick and taken. I have been stuck in a state far away from home. If you plan short trips less than 200 miles around your area then this trailer might be good for you. However if you plan to travel to another state, then I do not recommend Grand Design Reflection trailers.
- Dorwinion , California

2019-05-14 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

We had a Minnie Winnie before this and this is so much better both in quality and livability. Large living area and huge bathroom. You do not feel cramped at all. Lots of storage both inside and underneath.
- Virginia , Iowa

2019-05-14 2019 Grand Design Transcend 31RLS View Listings

We just purchased this RV in April. I absolutely love it. Grand Design are so helpful. We did has a small issue with our slide, but Grand Design stepped in and got it fixed under warranty right away. I love my floor plan, I have a ton of storage, a kitchen island, a real kitchen table and chairs, 40in TV, DVD player, and radio system that plays in doors and also outdoors or you can choose one or the other. It has reclinering theater seats. It also has a real queen sized bed. Not a RV sized bed. It has a hug roomy shower. It also has a spot for a washer and separate dryer. A walk in type closet in bedroom. It has lots of storage under as well. This floor plan has 3 slides, so it is so roomy it doesn't feel like a travel trailer, but more like a tiny one bedroom house. I highly recommend this travel trailer. Grand design makes there trailers with high quality materials. All the cabinet are wood faced. You wont go wrong with Grand Design
- Paige Brewer, Georgia

2019-05-10 2018 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS View Listings

QUALITY. This was our 1st RV purchase & we shopped 3 months, looked at hundreds & walked through several dozen. We were shocked about the poor quality of manufacturing in this industry! Keep it lightweight, use cheap materials, hire kids, and build it fast! We saw the Grand Design early on, fell in love, but it didn't fit our budget. After receiving a tremendous education we made it fit our budget, coming back to this RV because it had the most of what we were looking for, and superior quality. Winnebago having merged with Grand Design is a bonus. Love this company, love the district rep, love this RV! Do the homework before you buy, that's what we're sayin'
- Robert, Oregon

2019-04-28 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class G21 View Listings

Traded a Palomino 201ss travel trailer for a G21 toy hauler...researched walked thru so many smaller toy haulers ... Grand Design makes the best of all !! Highest quality in every way! So very happy with our purchase.. picked it up & immediately headed to the camp ground..
- Kenneth & Kimberly MacNicol , Tennessee

2019-04-25 2014 Grand Design Solitude 368RD View Listings

This 5th wheel has blown me away. Survived a winter in Colorado with -20 temperatures with 0 issues and no freezing pipes. Grand Design has made me a life long customer. Quality and craftsmanship has been spectacular as I used this for full time living during projects away from home.
- Noah Wright, Colorado

2019-04-20 2019 Grand Design Momentum G Class 28G View Listings

Have to start by saying we really liked our GD 2800 BH that we traded in for the 28G. No issues. First trip in the 28G we noticed right away that the 30 amp service was going to be a problem. With one AC running, TV and coffee maker we kept popping a breaker. Later tried running the 2 AC’s w only TV on; 88 today here in Orlando, and that kept popping the breaker. Each unit was set to diff temps and one started 10 minutes later than the other. Contacted GD and got right to a service advisor who seemed to agree, the 30 amp service should have really been a 50 amp. It’s really not enough amperage to do what you should be able to do in a 50k toy hauler. Other concern is our ramp door is leaking, it won’t stay down completely when trying to load, maybe just a bad spring? We realize all RV’s have little things that happen. Wife’s biggest concern is the lack of storage, inside and out and of course the 30 amp service. If our truck could have towed a larger Momentum we would have looked at those or a Fuzion by Keystone. All and all we have some buyers remorse and wish we would have done a little more homework, 50 amp, more storage, layout etc...
- D Arvin , Florida

2019-04-08 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL View Listings

Love love love this model. The wife and kids have plenty of room to cook and play. The rig is laid out perfectly and has so many amenities. We bought from a private seller which saved us a lot of $$$. Couldn’t be happier
- Benny White, Colorado

2019-04-08 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

We purchased this unit after looking at allot of other rv's and have regretted the decision every second since- We cannot get the trailer to stabalize no matter what we do- no one can move in their beds at night without shaking the whole trailer, better not sneeze or cough while anyone is sleeping- if you are on the toilet and someone walks in the trailer you feel like you are gonna fall off the toilet, the place we bought trailer says we need an extra stabalizer bar system to help with that- $600- we do not feel we should pay for that after paying $40,000 for this unit- we have had trailers in the past and have never had an issue like this, i have always had a stable trailer with no extra anything, they say there is nothing that can be done. We have returned the trailer for a water leak within the 1st 3 mths of owning it. The fridge stopped working the 2nd time we dry camped so we lost all our food and had to mooch off others for the rest of our trip. The fresh water tank is very poorly designed, once its full it continues to leak out so by the time you get to where you are dry camping you have lost most of your water. It sways all over the road while towing it. White knuckle driving the whole time you are towing. This unit is so disappointing to us, we do not even want to use it! Waste of our money! The place we bought it won't take it back, but of course they will charge us 10% commission to sell it on consignment for us. Seriously??? Like we have not lost enough money on this useless trailer!
- Donna Glenn, Ontario

2019-04-06 2017 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 398M View Listings

very satisfied with my purchase little dealer little prices was very informative and beat all the competition price wise would recommend buying from them again to all my friends! i am very excited to start traveling with my new travel trailer!!
- Sue Mennenga, Arizona

2019-04-02 2019 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

Picked up this unit on March 28, 2019 and I already have issues. The kitchen side slide out has torn the linoleum floor, the furnace has stopped working and one of the slide out seals is falling off. Called a few Grand Design service centers and was told they would not service my trailer because I did not buy it at their dealership. Overall not very impressed with my trailer. So sad because all the reviews and comments I’ve heard were so positive. Mike
- Michel Leblanc, Ontario

2019-03-28 2016 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS View Listings

I did a ton of research before purchasing a 5th wheel. Grand Design was a brand that kept coming up as top of the line. We have not been disappointed. As a family of 4 we've loved this layout in particular because it provided a 2nd bedroom for our girls (as well as a loft for them to play or nap in, and a 2nd pull-out couch in case friends came over) while still having a roomy living area. The ability to have a separate washer and dryer was also at the top of our requirements. We had read (and heard personally) people's hatred for a combo washer/dryer unit. Having 4 slides is great! It really opens things up and makes it very comfortable.
- Brent, Texas

2019-03-27 2018 Grand Design Solitude 373FB View Listings

We purchased this RV after researching several other manufacturers and found this to be one of the best. We purchased the RV to live in while we were working in California. This floor plan is like a one bedroom apartment and very comfortable living. We moved back home during the winter months and was living in the RV when we reach very low freezings temperatures. This RV was amazing, we were very comfortable in the winter months. I would recommend the 373FB Grand Design Solitude to anyone wanting great service from the manufacturer and who wants to travel and live in luxury.
- Steve Holtgrieve, Missouri

2019-03-26 2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

In December of 2017 I purchased a 2018 Reflection RL337RlS from General RV in Jacksonville Florida. I love the design of the Reflection but we began to have problems with the Dometic 1350 four door refrigerator immediately. We had to take it back to Gen RV to replace the fuses. The Refrigerator could not hold its temperature. In August we were on a trip and we are missionaries and the refrigerator completely went out. We called a repairman suggested by Dometic and he told us the refrigerator was bad and needed to be replaced. We took the 5th wheel to General RV in Dover Florida. The unit was their for over two months. General RV Replaced the cooling coils and that did not work. After I contacted Grand Design they got involved. They finally replaced the refrigerator. The refrigerator worked for two months and went out again. We took it to a Port Charlotte RV and they worked on it and found the it was a design flaw. The refrigerator does not have enough fan to lower the temperature. The problem is that it is in a slide out and does not have proper ventilation. I went on Facebook at a Reflection 337RLS blog and found that many were having this problem. At this time the fifth wheel for the fifth time is back in the repair shop and I do not know the outcome. Their is a fix and Grand Design is not willing to do it. The unit can be replaced with a Samsung 18 cubic ft electrical refrigerator with some minor modifications. We have lost hundreds of dollars of food. Grand Design did pay for a small 3.2 cubic ft electric refrigerator. But this is not very large and holds a small amount of food. I have tried to get Grand Design to work with me to purchase the Samsung but the policy they have is replace or fix. We are looking at a third replacement. It is really a shame that you purchase a fifth-wheel for over 50K and you cannot enjoy it. I am probably going to have to replace this unit with the Samsung to enjoy my RV. The cost of that is over $2000.00 out of pocket expense. My suggestion to all buyers beware of this problem with the refrigerator as many RL337 owners are having a problem and are having to buy and replace the Dometic with the Samsung out of their own pocket. I have not had any other problems with this unit and find it to be a well made unit. If you want a well made unit with a refrigerator that will break down then buy it or upgrade it. Thank You Dr. David N. Smeltz Amazing Grace Missionary
- Dr. David N. Smeltz, Florida

2019-03-16 2019 Grand Design Solitude 375RES View Listings

We are a used RV dealer that had the opportunity to buy this awesome 5th wheel at a reduced price because of an engineering defect which does not hamper anything on the unit except the looks, while towing the unit if you look in the rearview mirror as you can see one side more than the other, all slides work proper no water leaks and this unit is new and selling for about 50% off of manufacturers list price! Get a nice unit for about half the money with no regrets!
- Hidden Hills RV sales, Ohio

2019-03-16 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

After 2 weeks out we had 13 warrenty issues that needed to be fixed. Small things mostly but VERY frustrating that this is a brand new RV. 2 of the electrical outlets didn’t work, outdoor speakers didn’t work, catch under the sink came loose and water went everywhere. The awning leaked! The Grand Design customer service has been AMAZING. The dealership repaired the leak with some caulking - and when I took it out again it still leaked. Was told nothing that they could do about it. MASSIVE rear bath - but would have lost 6-12 inches in bath room for more counter space in kitchen. Love the pop up counter extender.
- Lacey, British Columbia