Grand Design Reviews on RV Insider (538)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

CJ from Montana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2021-03-03 2019 Grand Design Imagine XLS 19BWE View Listings

Horrible customer service!!! How many times are we expected to have a leaking kitchen faucet due to a pump that has failed four times in a year?! This trailer was brand new and our camping trips were full of stress and frustration because we couldn’t use our sink and our trailer flooded multiple times. I guess we just keep taking it back to the dealer every time there is a leak until the thing just falls apart....no other options for us. Grand Design is a joke and their customer service is a reflection of what upper management is all about. Shame on you, Grand Design!
- Bethanie, Oregon

2021-02-28 2016 Grand Design Solitude 321RL View Listings

We loved our Solitude. It’s beautiful and laid out well. We did replace the furniture because we did not feel it was good quality. The tow ability is excellent. You barely know it’s there. Unfortunately, my wife’s health has failed and we are forced to sell. I had a large RV cover built to house this unit in, so it has not been out in the weather.
- Jim Noga, Arkansas

2021-02-27 2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL View Listings

This trailer is well-made and well designed, the only reason why were selling it is that we want to upgrade to a 5th Wheel Trailer, by the same manufacture. We research trailers for about a year and found that this one was for us. We’ve tested or trailer in inclement weather and the quality of the insulation on this trailer second to none.
- mike jack, California

2021-02-20 2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS View Listings

It’s like having an office, an apartment on wheels. Easy to maneuver. Love having a kitchen outside with refrigerator. The space under the bed in the closet with the washer dryer hook ups are a plus. The kitchen in the rear has a conventional/microwave, as well as the oven and a full refrigerator with four doors.
- Flor, Florida

2021-02-15 2019 Grand Design Transcend 27BHS View Listings

We have camped with this RV on 5 occasions. Most were week long trips. Well insulated, A/C and Furnace work great. Pulls great, we use a Blue Ox weight distribution hitch. The outdoor kitchen is great. We replaced the factory mattress with a 10" memory foam, much better. Storage throughout is great and we love that Grand Design does not put the vents in the floor. Full walk on roof is great, makes it easier to clean the top of the slide before leaving a campsite. Plenty of room for a small family. We have had my parents camp with us and our son comfortably. We love that Grand Design really stands behind their product and takes the care prior to delivery to ensure that most, if not all, potential issues are fixed. We have had only minor issues that were easily fixed with a quick google search and doing it myself. Though the water heater is only 6 gallons it does heat up really quickly and has easily allowed us to have 4 adults shower one after the other, all with hot water.
- Jeff McGowan, Virginia

2021-02-15 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

Bought strictly because of artic package . And floor layout . Layout is fine . Artic package is very poor . Have heated water hose , plenty of water to RV , heat set at 75 and no water !!!!!! This sucks for the price I paid .
- Roy Meigs, Oklahoma

2021-02-11 2021 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS View Listings

I love this rig! This is my second Grand Design travel trailer and I am so glad my family and I chose this floorplan. We enjoyed traveling in this rig from Texas to North Carolina and back, cold or warm weather I can tell you that the added insulation that comes with a Grand Design is well worth it. It's always nice knowing our rig will be comfortable when we get back from a days outing. The Grand Design support team is great and they are MUCH more user friendly than the dealership where we bought the coach.
- james.p.smith71, Texas

2021-02-08 2020 Grand Design Solitude 382WB View Listings

We purchased our RV from Lazy Days and we have had nothing but problems with this unit. We brought it home and it had a hydraulic leak, black tank venting issue that left my whole unit smelling like sewage, our refrigerator does not work properly, bathroom shower and sink leakage into our underbelly slide tray that is now rusted, broken window treatments, blinds with holes in them, broken kitchen chair, surround sound and radio does not work, and after all of these issues Lazy Days response is that they do not make them they just sell them. Grand Designs response is to go to the dealership. So my husband and I sit in our new camper that now is a source of stress and worry. We are afraid to move it or take it anywhere for fear of something else going wrong. We have tried to work with Grand Design and Lazy Days to get this Lemon fixed or exchange our unit. They stated that we would have to purchase a new unit and take our losses. The general manager Tony Bruce has not offered to make this right or even take the initiative to make sure that all of these issues are fixed. Grand Design does not stand by there products and this is why we bought a Grand Design, we were told they stand by there RVs and that they would make it right. Boy were we wrong.
- Jennifer McClure, Arizona

2021-02-07 2021 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS View Listings

This RV has given us an amazing story to tell. It fit the two teenagers well in the bunk house. I love cooking and the oven works amazing. Plenty of storage everywhere. We have upgraded the mattress and it’s so comfy. Love sleeping in our rv.
- Brandy Smith, Texas

2021-02-06 2021 Grand Design Imagine 3110BH View Listings

After exhaustive search, we purchased this travel trailer as our first RV. We love it! We had a long list of "non-negotiables", and we were beginning to think nothing was going to work for us. We needed the camper to sleep 8 (4 of whom are adults), but we needed a budget friendly RV. What makes this floorplan unique, is the LR TV is viewable by all. Children on the bunk, people on the jack knife sofa. those in the wonderful recliners, or sitting at the dinette, all can view the TV comfortably. The fireplace below the TV is a wonderful perk. One thing that put the GD 3110BH over the top was having my hubby or adult son stand in the shower and pretend to wash their hair. The GD 3110BH had plenty of room for a 6'3" man to was his hair without knuckle injury. The kitchen has plenty of room for my DIL and I to move around and prepare meals. Plus we both love the full size pantry and all the storage! Speaking of storage, even the bathroom has storage in a wall-hung cabinet with towel bar, and small cubbies beside the nice-sized vanity for individual toiletries. There is even a good sized medicine cabinet. The LR has plenty of storage/drawers and 2 wardrobes for guests! Our son and family have lots of space for their clothes. We all use sleeping bags, and all 9 bags (grand-pup has her own) fit neatly behind the jack knife sofa when it is folded up. Hubby and I fell in love with the "Twig" colors that hover nicely between lt. gray and lt. brown; it gives an airy feel when you step inside. The bedroom has a regular size 60x80 Queen bed with night stand/wardrobes; these nightstands have large niches to accommodate a C-PAP, Kindle, phone chargers, etc. There is also a built-in dresser with more hanging space above. I kept expecting to feel "buyer's remorse" after this purchase, but it never came. We love our Grand Design 3110BH! Drawbacks to this RV are few. No outdoor kitchen or TV, and don't expect a Ford F150 to pull this thing no matter what the owner's manual says. That was my hubby's only regret; he was forced to trade in his beloved 3 month old F150 for a F250 Super Duty. The F150 got the RV off the dealer lot and home to the foothills, but it was a white-knuckled ride with lots of bucking. It was similar to riding a dolphin, up and down, up and down. Hubby later found a video calling it "axel wrapping". All the recommended fixes didn't work, reluctantly, we had to admit that was our one "Oops".
- Lennie , Georgia

2021-01-25 2018 Grand Design Imagine 3170BH View Listings

Do not walk, RUN to a different manufacturer to purchase an RV. we've had so many problems with our 2018 Imagine 3170BH its impossible to detail them all here. Our biggest complaints are the water leaks causing mold growth and electrical problems. We've never had electricity in the outdoor kitchen and now have had so many problems with the heating/furnace that it has become become necessary to have a second thermostat just to run the furnace. These Rv's are poorly constructed and are fire hazards due to the electrical issues. Grand Design has never been responsive nor has the dealer. We've given up trying to work with either so absolutely can not recommend buying any of Grand Design models. These RV'S cost a higher premium so buy something less expensive, it will be even more economical in the long run.
- Sheryl, Washington

2021-01-25 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

I have used this 379FL 5th wheel for several years in both warm and cool climate. It is very comfortable in either climate. The front living room floor plan is just great since it allows the RV to be "full width". I guess the width of the living room to be at least 15 feet when the RV is a t full width! That makes this RV so enjoyable. The remaining sections i.e. Kitchen, bathroom and master bedroom, are very well proportioned and super livable almost like a "stick built" home!
- WM Chiles, Alabama

2021-01-16 2020 Grand Design Momentum 397TH View Listings

This unit has been upgraded with a Maytag Ref. 3000watt inverter, #5 sleep # bed, most homes don't have this type living quarters. This unit with the Goose box hitch pulls 100% better than a 5th wheel 397TH.The floor plan works great for your family, lots of storage inside
- R Fintex, Texas

2021-01-05 2017 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

I bought my GD Reflection back in 2017 in GA and I've taken it to several states for work. It is overall a great camper and Ive had very minimal issues with it. The only thing i would have liked to have it come with was auto leveling.
- Callie Jones-Hughes, Wyoming

2021-01-01 2020 Grand Design Momentum G Class 29G View Listings

Two things I like about this RV, the theatre seats and the garage. That is it. The TV is small and 90 degrees to the right of your seating. Expect neck pain. I have rated this RV before at a "3", but find more wrong with the design and quality each time we use it. Original motivation was a tow behind toy hauler with a garage separate from the living section that could be towed by a F250 6.2 gas. Tongue weight unknown by dealer and expected to be approx 1200. Found to be listed at 1500 lb. but after purchasing my own tongue scale I found it to be 1700 lb. when empty. Way beyond the 12.5k Class IV hitch. Upgraded to Class V and Sway Pro 2 1/2" with 2k sway bars. Second bath is a joke and subsequently added shelving to increase the totally inadequate storage. Only one outside storage compartment that is built like custom made for a golf bag. Tongue jack appears to struggle. Found the three bolts holding it on loosen and must be checked regularly. Glass cabinet inserts break easily. Under sink flooring collapsed and found to be stapled from underneath with no way to repair without cutting it out. One drawer slide has failed. Checked Grand Design parts and the picture doesn't match what is in the RV. The only brochure avail during time of purchase was the M-Class so I was led to believe this had 50 amp service. During walkaround after purchase is when I was told it had 30 amp service. Believe me, you need 50 amp for long term travel. Frankly, for the price you'd expect better design. We were told to use "lots of water" when flushing. Yes, you'd better else your waste and paper with pile up just below the toilet at the bend. I mean lots and lots of water needed to move waste to the tank. It has two gray tanks, but one has a black handle (two black/one gray). Either that or both waste and sink go to same. I wouldn't be surprised. Towing can be nail white knuckle. Even with upgraded Sway Pro it's butt swings like a drunken sailor with passing traffic requiring constant, I mean constant monitoring via mirror while one hand is ready on the tow brake to manually increase gain when needed. It has gotten to the point that Cons outweigh the Pro. Main bath: small shower with curtain. MSRP about 60k and it has a curtain ? We have to put towels between shower and sink to catch water during shower. The sink is too small with no counter space. If you are tall then you'd better check out the leg room before buying. The bedroom has little space around the bed. Dresser is so small and the one inside closet is severely inadequate. You'll wind up either carrying too much in the bed of the truck, or strapping down storage containers in the garage to carry what should be in storage compartments this RV lacks; thus making the garage no more than a shed. I cannot recommend the 29G, let alone Grand Design. P.S. Grand Design presents like high end, but besides deficiencies noted above, it has Chinese tires. Unknown to most, these tires are only rated to 65 mph. I had them replaced with Good Year Endurance. The dealer even called the Chinese tire, "China bombs". If you've ever seen a trailer or RV tire explode you'll know the meaning.
- Ronald Iocono, Delaware

2020-12-31 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

We are currently on our 13th camping trip with this travel trailer. We have spent over 50 nights in it in the last 1.5 years. We have both camped growing up and have experience with over 6 different camper brands. This brand is BY FAR the best. We have not had any problems with this camper. Everything has worked perfect every camping trip. This is an extremely well made camper and is well insulated. Absolutely perfect size for a couple. We love the huge bathroom and living space. Everything about it feels luxurious from the cabinetry to flooring to the leather couches. We are extremely pleased with this camper and so glad we went with Grand Design!
- Hannah Craven, South Carolina

2020-12-23 2018 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

We can't praise the Grand Design Middlebury, Indiana factory enough for the work they did on our Solitude 5th wheel. We dropped it off with a list of warranty issues we had built up for two years and they did an amazing job fixing everything and even more. The inside was cleaned to perfection. And this is why we went with Grand Design, they truly back up their units.
- Kathy, Pennsylvania

2020-12-21 2019 Grand Design Transcend xplor 247BH View Listings

so, I have a grand design 247 bh, it is overall pretty good but the insulation is not very great. I went on a trip this spring to North Dakota and it survived the trip. If you want to go in weather below freezing, you would probably want consistent power cuz you can really feel the temp drop when the heater is off. Most of the heat goes into the master bedroom, so if you are sleeping in the bunk, you might want a lot of blankets. All and all, most other travel trailers like this would be the same quality. Nothing leaks, but in cold temps, you would want to keep your sink running or everything will freeze. It is worth the price but I might get a fiberglass model next time for insulation.
- Arnold Kellogg, Wisconsin

2020-12-16 2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

The RV is great. The problem I have is the springs are to weak. Tires rub bottom of rv. Had a broken shackle. The tanks show 1/3 to 2/3 full. Gray water 2 valve wouldn't close. I took the valve apart and there was still 3 gallons of gray water that wouldn't drain. That is why the gauge doesn't show empty. The valve is lower than the drain. While in there I notice that they cut the support bracket and wired it up to the cross member. The valve was slimmed up because the water wouldn't drain. I took pictures.
- James D Cox, Nevada

2020-12-15 2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS View Listings

The perfect size (34 feet) to be very easy to tow, spacious and comfortable, as well as being a size most campgrounds can and will accommodate. Wife loves the island and countertop space and I really like the two awnings totaling 26'. Outside stove, fridge, and tv come in very handy. We both love the amt of storage inside and out as well.
- Ralph Gagner, Florida

2020-12-15 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL View Listings

We bought our 2020 Imagine 2450 RV in Feb 2020. Post Falls Idaho has an awesome service Dept. for easy phone help w questions. We love the floorplan for 2 people,And our Shepherd, love the quality cabinet latches, large shower, porcelain toilet, unlike other RVs. Awning could have stronger supports, wind came up and broke. Warranty covered, refridg handle broke, warranty covered! We love the vents in each room for “central” heat and air. So nice for the roll out shower door, roll out sink cover for spray washing fruits and veggies! Outside small fridge handy. We had a queen mattress replaced for comfort. Great A/C from each room ceiling vents, heat floor vents In each room makes showers nice in cold weather! Happy with our RV quality so far! Service centers make a world of difference when small questions arise😊. Full time retired RV’ers and tow with Toyota Tundra tow package w/o problems. 5 years may trade up to 5th wheel, but convinced Grand A design quality/floorplans appeal to us.
- Kathleen and Duane Tudahl, Idaho

2020-12-13 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

We love this RV. The open kitchen/living area is very comfortable and provides for plenty of living space. The island is outstanding and I love the large center sink. Probably the most amazing thing about this RV is the generous storage space in the kitchen and the many drawers. Also really enjoy the fireplace, Televator and the two theatre seats. Overall we really enjoyed this travel trailer.
- Kathi Hanifen, Washington

2020-12-08 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

my experience with the Imagine Travel Trailer has been all good quality construction lots of useful features I bought the RV from Lazy Days a very good dealer The trailer has performed perfectly every time I have used it
- Kenneth Harrell, Florida

2020-12-07 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

So we moved from a 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X18D hybrid camper (which we used for 8 years) to a 2020 Grand Design 2670MK. This is a major change in campers for us! We really liked the layout with the front living area quite spacious, a nice sized bathroom, and comfortable sleeping area. The island sink area is a nice touch. And the orientation of the 2 recliners to the "pop-up" TV is great. Things we've noticed on a first campout: 1) The black water valve is stuck in an "open" position, which I discovered as it all came gushing out at the state park dump. I am not pleased with the extended cable system they use for opening and closing the valves and am currently researching how to address the issue so unexpected discharges never happen again. 2) The TV was replaced when we purchased the camper. The tech installed the HDMI cable to the TV, but not to the Jensen CD/DVD player built into the cabinet. We were utterly unable to determine where the HDMI "in" on the stereo unit is. It's a rats nets of wires behind the stereo unit and unable to determine where to plug in the HDMI cable. Will have to a trip to the RV dealer to address a problem that should have not happened. 3) The recliners are nice but we'd just as soon have a love seat that converts to a bed instead. We plan to camp with our grown kids at some time. One will get the table bed area. The other will have to sleep on the recliner. Though comfortable for watching TV, not so much for a good nights sleep. We may eventually replace the recliners with a sleeper sofa instead. 4) When both slide outs are "in" the camper, you cannot access the kitchen or fridge. You can access the bathroom and sleeping area though. So if you pull off to the side of the road for a pit stop. You can use the restroom but if you want to access the kitchen to make lunch, you have to extend the kitchen side of the unit to access the refrigerator. 5) When winterizing the unit, it's a multiple step affair. You have to access the hot water heater by removing a drawer from the desk and then, with a flash light, flip the valves to bypass the hot water heater. Then on the other end, you have to unscrew multiple screws in the storage area to access the bypass valve so you can then draw up RV antifreeze and run it thru the system. It's a somewhat tedious process but not difficult once you understand it. 6) Did I mention the black water valve was stuck in the "open" position and unable to be closed? It was unpleasant experience when we went to dump. Yep... 7) The mattress in the sleeping area is really firm. We added 1 1/2" memory foam topper to soften it a bit. Probably a 2" toper would be better. Makes a difference. 8) The unit has a ton of storage nooks which is nice. The bathroom has a lot of storage and a shower an average person can actually use. 9) Pulling this rig takes a larger truck. We had a Toyota Tundra with the 5.7L engine and that seemed to small. We up sized to a Nissan Titan XD with the 5L Cummins Diesel engine. 390 HP and 550 lb-feet of torque. That is a minimum set up I'd recommend. 10) I do notice sway more on this rig than I did on our Jacyo Jayfeather X18D. Perhaps it's because the Jayco was 18' long and the GD 2670MK is 30 feet long. The weight distribution hitch we use (with built in sway control) works ok, but I'm not overwhelmed by how well it controls sway.
- Daniel Forbes, Texas