Grand Design Reviews on RV Insider (372)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

CJ from Montana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2020-04-05 2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS View Listings

My husband and I purchase a 2017 Reflections 297RSTS Grand Design (New)@ B&B RV. This was our first time we purchase a new RV. Grand Design was a RV you can live in. That’s what we were told the only trailer with that warranty. We picked this model because it had a spot to have a washer& dryer. B&B install we went back 3 time to pick up but it was not ready the light on front of trailer one didn’t work. We pd extra for cilajet . For the xtra protection for surfaces inside. Since we made the trip x3 they delivered it for free for their having it not ready for us to take home. When it arrive their was things that we noticed after a week the extra protection their was two spots were it had dried with dripping. The stove burner one never worked the washer&dryer fell threw . We were working a lot out of town and didn’t stay in the RV for over a year. My husband died . So I went back home to this beautiful trailer ,that’s when I remember the stuff that has gone wrong already now the fire place stop working and one speaker don’t work. . But it’s been 3 years now and no more warranty. ($43889.59 total paid )our other older trailer we wished we would of just kept it and not purchase this Beautiful RV it’s not worth it all! Yes what a Beautiful nice and great floor plan. But how disappointing I am and to be a widow and my place I live in has been nonstop things wrong with it!! This is not top of the line RV as they said and paid for This RV is not cheap to buy. The worst spent investment I have ever purchased in my life. Make sure when you go to look at RV even Brand new ones make sure you have inspected every little thing try to turn on and off everything. Just because one thing works don’t mean it work like it should exactly and theirs no one to help you . Once you have noticed the defect. It’s your problem and not cheap to fix. PS take propane so you can make sure all works like it should!! Very Very Disappointed with this Trailer. And we never even traveled anywhere, thank goodness because it is junk and who know what else would of went wrong. NOT WORTH THE MONEY WE PAID. And plan on paying for everything that goes wrong with it once it leaves the lot.
- Carolyn Grisham, California

2020-04-04 2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

We have lived full time in our 2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel since it was bought new. We were staying in an RV Park in Del-ray Beach Fl, and got to see other types of 5th wheels and Class A motor homes, and the amount of repairs that were being performed were unreal. We had one problem with a window and Grand Design didn't hesitate when it came to getting someone out to fix it, while all the other repairs for other units were taking weeks on weeks to be taken care of,if they were taken care of. I would recommend The Grand Design Reflection 337RLS whole heartily to anyone. Jerry
- Jerry Wilder, Florida

2020-03-26 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

So we had it down to 2 different campers to buy and we are not going to buy The Grand Design because they decided to change the interior cabinets for 2020 and made it look cheap and washed out looking. whereas in 2019 they had nice dark wood cabinets in their campers and they took that great look away. So I guess we're forced into getting the other camper just because the cabinets have a terrible look to them in The Grand Design. Live and learn Grand Design
- Gary, Texas

2020-03-20 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

I own a 379 FL. It is a very livable trailer. The service that is given is the worst of any product that I have ever owned. The design of the slides is awful. There is no way to prevent leaks around the slide bars. Worst purchase that I ever made.
- John, Louisiana

2020-03-15 2020 Grand Design Transcend Xplor 221RB View Listings

Bought a 2020 221rb Transcend Xplor. Love the floor plan, However I have had numerous issues. GD has been responsive so far but I'm getting tired of the LEAKS ! I have only moved this unit Twice. Once to a Campground and now back to my property to repair leaks. Biggest issue has been sidewall caulking has bubbled and cracked in 16 areas in less than 5 months. I've had 2 rain water leaks that soaked insulation and wood which I had to dry out. Had black tank flush flood my back wall first time I used it. Seriously doubt at this point I would buy another Grand Design. After 2 years of research I can't even put into words how disappointed I am with this trailer.
- Tim Mccorry, Alabama

2020-03-14 2019 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS View Listings

Had about 20 issues with multiple trips back to dealer. The worst were: Bedroom door trim and jamb cracked and not closing properly. Frame had surface rust and rusty welds from day 1. Shower track leaked. Slide carpet crooked. Entry door hard to close. Skirt braces (3) not attached due to broken screws. While they claim to be "head and shoulders" above the rest of the industry, they aren't. This brand, like 99% of them all, is slapped together as fast as possible. Expect issues and trips back and forth to dealer, which can get expensive and annoying. The manufacturer does have good warranty support.
- Jeff Stornelli, Florida

2020-03-08 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 395M View Listings

When we first saw this Fifth Wheel we fell in love. We wanted something with LOTS of light and this FW has a ton of windows on both sides along with the back drop down it makes it super airy. Kitchen/living area has a ton of space. Kitchen has lots of counter space. We loved the back patio and garage space. Didn't have a toy until we bought this and purchased a golf cart to tote along and was plenty of space and easy to load. The Bedroom has king size bed which is nice (not a huge fan of odd size due to rounded headboard but know that's a norm. Tons of storage throughout. The only thing we weren't a fan of is the length. It's super long so beware of that - great for stopping and staying for awhile but not the easiest to stop and go.
- Megan McManus, Texas

2020-03-08 2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 Series 295RL View Listings

Awesome floor plan with lots of storage. 150 towable, fold out comfy couch in living room, big pantry, large center island with sink, well built, outside shower, short bed friendly, lots of windows with great natural light, pretty interior color scheme, nice bathroom with lots of towel and other storage, under bed storage, pass through, and furrion oven.
- Heather , Tennessee

2020-03-04 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

30+ year season RV owner we purchased brank new RV, however, have had major issues every year - first year - electric tongue jack is broken before first use, hubs not packed with grease, new HW heater installed after the first trip, awning not sealed so it dripped water, lights not working, wrap coming off, gas line not run to the outside kitchen. 2nd year - wrap still coming off, roof cracking even though 6 months maintenance and annual RV inspection by the dealer, fan stopped working in the bathroom, shower faucet leaking in bathroom had to be replaced, only half the LED lights under the awning work, and the LED lights on the front of the RV do not work and they have never been used. This year (2020) freshwater tank filling on its own, toilet leaking, gate value in black water tank not closing, receptacle replaced. Have begged Grand Design to replace the unit since we purchased it and they refused. They did repair some items however this caused us to lose months of camping because it has stayed at the dealer for months each year having repairs. This year it's been at the dealer 2+ months already and is not repaired yet. Don't buy a Grand Design.
- Rose, South Carolina

2020-02-28 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

I live in this RV full time, I like the layout and having a desk for my computer was very important to me and you dont see that in a lot of trailers. The look of the RV is very nice but on further inspection I found that some parts were made cheaply and poorly like the chipboard they use for instance and some pieces of wood were not as good as they could be. The crown molding inside didnt all line up flush, some other trim wasnt fastened properly. One major disappoint I found in winter was the amount of air that gets in by the furnace and also where they cut holes in the floor for the plumbing and electrical there was major air flow. Also by my bed it got very cold I think its because the storage runs under it and I had to put more insulation everywhere. I also wish I got dual pane windows because the single pane arent very good. I would recommend getting a fifth wheel instead they seem to be build better.
- Sydney, British Columbia

2020-02-27 2020 Grand Design Momentum G Class 29G View Listings

My tow vehicle is a 2011 F250 6.2 gas ext cab 8’ bed. 12,200 tow cap. It pulled with no problems after what I had to do to make it so. Was excited to find a TH with isolated garage. Little info at dealership, but expected tongue weight w/in my Class IV hitch. So wrong !! Bought a scale and found TW was 1700 lb. unloaded !! Later found online brochure stating TW as 1500 lb. I upgraded to class V hitch & sway pro 2000 lb hitch to stop excessive sway. After 6 week trip let me tell you the floor plan is poor. Storage space for cloths & RV supplies is severely lacking. Main bath is too small & the 2nd bathroom is a joke. Unless your a small child cleaning up after doing your business is next to impossible. Sit on the toilet & imagine it yourself. The shower is small & curtain does a poor job keeping the water inside. The garage is great, the couch is comfortable but a small Television off to the right leads to neck pain. The bedroom is cramped with little space to get around. Mind you my wife & I are not tall & of normal weight, but constantly frustrated by the shortcomings noted above. I cannot recommend this RV. Build quality is good, but livability is severely lacking for long term travel. Now considering trading in for a Keystone Outback 324cg or 335cg.
- Ronald Iocono, Delaware

2020-02-23 2020 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS View Listings

On order, grand design 297rsts, 2020. Been looking for a couple yrs. many choices, impressed with this layout just right for us 2. Nice decor up graded,lots of room just seem to be all around a better quality. Most of the reviews were very positive to good to bad. These negative seem to be with dealerships, bad customer service. You want the best for your money, their not cheap! Do you get what you paid for? Looking forward to hitting the road, Will sent review later on overall satisfaction with trailer. Had to give rating for last two to submit reviews , do your research on manufacture, good dealerships, lots to do!
- Jeff & Virginia., Ontario

2020-02-18 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL View Listings

We love our Grand Design 2500 RL. The layout is so awesome, very spacious. We have had it for over a year now and are very happy with the overall quality and design. Tows well, lots of storage and shower in plenty big.
- Suzanne Chrisemer, Pennsylvania

2020-02-17 2019 Grand Design Imagine XLS 17MKE View Listings

Outstanding product. This is my third Grand Design. I have gone down smaller each purchase. Big trailers, more issues. I do my own repairs. Nothing major with GD. If they made smaller than the 17MKE, I would still purchase. Bigger is not better! This unit is everything a person needs! Get real! Get back to camping not “RVing”! A lot of bang for the buck with GD. No freeze up with this “true” 4 season trl. Best of all...one does not need an overpriced behemoth diesel truck to tow the 17MKE! Good things come in small packages! GO GD!
- Stephen Tyrrell, New Mexico

2020-02-16 2018 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

Pretty good layout for a smallish 5th wheel.auto level is great.cabinetry looks good but is held together with staples. Repaired a few drawers already. Probably Have about 15,000 miles so far. Factory repairs on water heater went well. Customer support is good.Frame spring bracket broke. Very scary
- Warren Nelson, Florida

2020-02-13 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

This particular Model allows a 1/2 Ton pick up to tow it. The Grand Design is a very livable unit, its like a small apartment. Easy set up allows more time to enjoy outdoor camping. The large slide makes the living room very comfortable. The walk around queen bed allows easy make up and tear down. We love it.
- AL WARD, Arizona

2020-02-06 2019 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS View Listings

This RV is beautiful inside and out. Has lots of storage and could be used for recreational camping or full-time RV’ing. Many great features. Full size fridge, outdoor kitchen, very comfortable and roomy. One full bath and one half bath located in the bunkhouse area which is great for kids. Too many features to list.
- Margie, Texas

2020-02-06 2019 Grand Design Momentum 376TH View Listings

There were issues to work out as with any new camper. But to not even tighten the tiger clips on all the plumbing pipes? Roof was bad. Moulding falling off. Radio not working?Few other things that quality control didn't see. Went in shop June. Got camper back in Oct. My new camper depreciated in the shop waiting for parts? Manufacture I am ashamed. Alpin Haus dealer doluble shame.
- Mary, Massachusetts

2020-02-03 2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

Bought this brand new, I was real excited to go out on it. After the first trip the fridge went out while I was out camping, I called the dealer, spoke with the maintenance manager and he told me to turn it off for a while then back on. Still didn't work lost all my food I took it in three times to the dealer before they decided to replace it, seems to be working well so far, then the couch broke apart and the slide out seals ripped apart. again back to thee dealer ( ALOHA RV ) They replaced the couch and I had to call Grand Design for the seals, which they did ship them to me. I really do like the fact that this unit is very easy to tow and maneuver, the floor plan is what wanted and so far all is working well. Grand Design really needs to take a look at the quality for this units, they claim to be a high quality unit but it is just all talk. I guess next time I buy a new unit I will go back to Montana.
- David, New Mexico

2020-01-30 2019 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

We love the interior and get lots of compliments on our The problem we are having is a structure issue. We discovered while trying to find the source of a horrid smell from decaying rodents in the inaccessible area connected to the storage compartments that runs under the bathroom, the steps to the bedroom and behind the buffet drawers. After removing the drawers, we could see that all of the wires and plumbing pipes were manufactured without any attempt to rodent proof access to the undercarriage of the RV. No foam, or steel wool, or any other means of closing up the extra wide holes the utilities come through. The stench is gut wrenching and permeates everything inside our home. Nothing takes it away. I don't think we can open up the area to fill the holes without causing damage to the unit. We are very disappointed with this issue!! I can't have people come to visit because the odor is so bad. Eating indoors is nearly impossible with the smell of rotting carcasses over powering the taste of food. My fear is that this is just the first critter in a long line of relatives to get into our home and die. HELP! My 5 star ratings have not been tested areas of usage excepting that of livability.
- Adrienne Hoxie, California

2020-01-29 2020 Grand Design Solitude 382WB View Listings

Solitude 382 wb has huge design flaw. Will not heat coach if temperatures get below 40 degrees. Furnace will run 24/7. Coach temp will not hit 60 degree.no air flow to bathroom or bedroom. If going to stay in it not the right buy.one design that GD won't back up. Now embarrassing to say I own one.
- Lee Berninghaus, Kansas

2020-01-29 2020 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 351M View Listings

Don't buy a 2020 351M Grand Design Momentum from DIxie RV it could have killed my family. We had a Carbon-monoxide leak from the exhaust system of the generator. It leaked into our camper from the slide out while we were in the mountains dry camping. We purchased this camper the end of August and used it the middle of October. We have had multiple problems with it which some were repaired others not even addressed. Some repairs were done shoddy and now the slide doesn't align with the trailer. Grand Design say they can't duplicate the carbon monoxide leak in Louisiana however we were in the mountains in Colorado different altitude. However a simple smoke test we did when we got it home after they had it for 11 week and we only had it for 10 weeks showed the smoke was entering into the camper. We had multiple issue even with the hydraulic system going completely out on us and it would attach to our truck or once Lippert walked us through attaching it by overriding the system. Thank the lord we had tool and my husband is a mechanically inclined person we were able to attach it to our truck but we couldn't detach it until we brought it back to the dealership.We have problems with the water holding takings not registering 100% after trying to fill then for 30 plus minutes to be told the sensors were probably bad. We had the kitchen slide out to come out on the top twice while turning a corners trying to go up the mountain to reach our destination. To fix this issue they took off one of our slide out support brackets and bolted on another bracket an inch higher then the other one. Well doing this it took the body alignment out of place. To make a long story short DO NOT BUY a 2020 351M GRAND DESIGN MOMENTUM fro DIXIE RV you'll regret it. We now had to get an attorney involved because they will not do anything or have done shoddy work.
- Ashley Stapleton, Louisiana

2020-01-29 2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS View Listings

Wow! This is an incredible RV. We LOVE it! It feels as if one is still at home when you travel. Everything is super nice and very livable. We've not had any problems at all. We WILL but another Grand Design in the future.
- Steve Winegardner, Tennessee

2020-01-28 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2250RK View Listings

I will never buy another Travel Trailer from Grand Design again. I bought a 2018 GRAND DESIGN IMAGINE 2250RK about 1.5 years ago. Had so many problems right from the dealership. Sewer vents were to short and venting sewage gas into the travel trailer, raw sewage spilling all over the floor, electrical breakers kept popping, electrical outlet had no backing, roof has already started coming apart, outside LED's are peeling off, cabinet stain is coming off, nail holes in cabinets, chipped - hook up panel, the list goes on. Grand Design gave me permission to go to social media about this matter, fair enough! They sold me a lemon.
- Steven, Washington