Grand Design Reviews on RV Insider (576)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

CJ from Montana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2021-05-05 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2950RL View Listings

We pull our trailer with a 2017 F150 with no problem. The fireplace is great and offers great ambiance as well as quickly heats up the entire trailer. This can only be used when plugged into electric. The furnace works great and is run from the propane. The center island is great for cooking and entertaining at the same time. We just love this trailer.
- David, Texas

2021-05-02 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL View Listings

We have owned this RV for 3 years and have been very happy with it. The quality rivals travel trailers at much higher price points. The layout is perfect for weekend and longer term stays as the rear living layout is spacious and comfortable.
- Jeff Currie, Texas

2021-05-02 2021 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL View Listings

Bought trailer 1 week ago at Holiday World of Katy trailer dances and fishtails. Dealer gave too small of a hitch. Twice. 3rd time installed an equalizer hitch. Better but trailer still dances and fishtails. I have a 2003 Ford F350 crewcab shortbed. Trailer is hard to pull, can't get over 55, and sometimes have to go slower. Dealer tried to blame my truck but it was pulling a 33 FT 2017 Keystone triple slide with no issues. This trailer is 34 ft and 2 slides. Sent in service email on GD website, we shall see if they help.
- Cindy Peters, Texas

2021-04-29 2020 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

Aweful: Brand new! Dead battery, intermittent slide out, and one ac not working.... this was our first trip camping! Tech support knew immediately issue with slide out... really? Why did you sell it that way? Sort of makes one question quality control!
- Jimmy miller, Mississippi

2021-04-28 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2850MK View Listings

The Grand Design Imagine 2850MK is a wonderful rv for vacationing in or for longer term use. Spacious and easy to move around inside. Everything about this rv is easy. Towing, leveling, tank maintenance, etc. great warranty as well! Great name in the rv world!
- Randall Anderson, Texas

2021-04-26 2021 Grand Design Reflection 295RL View Listings

210415. We just bought this brand new Grand Design Reflection 150 Series 5th wheel travel trailer. I kept feeling a draft, but thought it was my imagination. One day I opened a drawer on the wall opposite the bathroom, and I could see right into the underbelly. I went outside and opened an underbelly door and there is a partition, but along the top of the partition is completely open because of the floor joists. On the other side of the partition is the back of the chest of drawers opposite the bathroom. The wind and air from the underbelly is free to blow directly into the trailer over the partition, thru the underbelly and thru the chest of drawers.
- Bil Comly, Montana

2021-04-26 2019 Grand Design Transcend 28MKS View Listings

We have been full time Rving for 2 years now. Bought the GD transcend new 2019. Have never had a issue with living in it 2 years straight. Quality is better than most and warranty the best. If looking for a TT can't go wrong with Grand Design.
- Phillip Brown, California

2021-04-24 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

We sold our Intech Sol Horizon just so we could purchase the 2670MK which we love. My wife and I both work in the tech industry so we like to be able to stay connected and work remotely while traveling whenever possible. The 2670MK includes a desk across the rear so it provides an ideal workspace. We love that the bedroom has its own door since she tends to turn in earlier while I often stay up to watch TV or work online. Since the bedroom has its own air conditioning unit, she can turn the fan or cooling on for noise and make it whatever temp she wants in there. The unit has all the amenities we wanted, most notably an outdoor kitchen for her and theater seats directly across from the TV for me. It has more than enough space for the two of us and our dog but the dinette can covert into a sleeping area if friends or family want to travel with us. We pull it with a 2020 RAM 1500 5.7L eTorque along with an Andersen WDH hitch (which is a GREAT hitch!) with no problems at all.
- John B, Arizona

2021-04-20 2021 Grand Design Imagine 2250 RK View Listings

My wife and I was looking for an upgrade to a larger Travel Trailer and looked at friends Grand Design 5th Wheel and was impressed with the design and workmanship. When it came time to purchase a new one we went with the 2021 Grand Design Imagine 2250 RK. This Trailer is fantastic! The floor plan is perfect for our camping needs, we live at a seasonal camp site all summer long and have had zero issues with it. If there is one thing I could change is the location of the microwave (to high) and came in black and the previous year was in chrome. The new sand pebble color interior really makes this camper feel much larger than it is (27'11"). I would recommend Grand Design to anyone who is looking for a Travel Trailer with modern design and quality workmanship!
- Tim G., New Hampshire

2021-04-17 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 397 View Listings

Great Rig well taken care of with all the added features you would want in a Toyhauler or to live in full-time. Plenty of storage with heated tanks and basement. Large panoramic windows in main living area gives it a open large feeling. Nice island with double sink and plenty of storage. Side awnings all have sunshades. Deck has exterior stairs and large garage has it’s own full bath also has 3 season doors.
- Jo McNamee, Illinois

2021-04-15 2017 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 398M View Listings

This 5th wheel has been amazing for our family. With the size it made it comfortable to get out of the weather as needed on our trips. Enjoy coffee on the couch with the fireplace going. All with the ability of 4 tv's for everyone to have options.. kids, friends! I
- Kristy Cox, California

2021-04-15 2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

We have had this RV less then 3 yrs. The oven doesn't work, the CG player won't play movies, the refigerator has to be run on full blast even though we defrost once a month. Hato to replace the water heater as it had 6 holes in it. Had to replace bottom base of toilet as flusher broke, we had to replace the motor in the large A/C unit. Mind you, we live in this RV and we are stationary in the San Benito area.We still owe $50,000 on a $65,000 unit that in my opinion is junk. I have contacted customer service and they never responded. We are both retired and our options are limited. We can't sell it becuase we would never get close to what we owe. My advise is to not by anything fron Grand Design
- Mary Thompson, Texas

2021-04-15 2018 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 388M View Listings

We bought ours new and have had it 3 years. We upgraded ours with 8 T-105 batteries and a 3000 watt inverter. We boondock a lot out west, Colorado, Arizona and all places in between. It is an awesome Rig and no complaints. Lots of storage and we haul a 4 seat side by side in the 14’ garage. I believe it’s hands down the best toy hauler on the market today!!!
- Robert Chipps, Missouri

2021-04-12 2020 Grand Design Solitude 382WB View Listings

Moved into this 5th wheel for full time living. 5 slides gives a wonderful roominess. It’s more like a small apartment on wheels! Grand Design gave great thought to the little details. Lots of easily accessible storage, USB ports and electric outlets. Comfy loveseats and recliners (in the upper living room) great for guests and naps! Kitchen is well designed layout and very nice appliances. Lots of led lights to illuminate every corner. Wet bar and mini fridge are really appreciated at cocktail hour. Bedroom with a king size mattress and plenty of wardrobe space. Under bed storage is ample. Dual sink vanity and porcelain toilet give the rig a finished look and feel. Outside storage is huge. Slide out tray in the rear is great for bikes. 7 ft ladder fits nicely in pass through storage. Nautilus p4 water system, Lippert hydraulic auto level makes set a snap! Towing is a breeze with our 1 ton single wheel GMC Sierra. Drove into an unavoidable large dust devil with a car on the left and a truck behind and only had a slight wobble without getting into the other lane! Added disc brakes from Performance Trailer Braking systems and have no problem coming to a smooth stop under any condition. Overall a great rig for a big family adventure or full time living!
- Jeff Norris, Kansas

2021-04-12 2020 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS View Listings

If I could give zero stars for not only this camper but Grand Design as a company I would. This is the most poorly built camper I have ever seen. We bought the unit a year ago and live it in full time. Since then we have had countless problems, including but not limited to, the microwave not working, our oven going out, slide outs not going back in, electrical problems and most recently our fridge going out. We have been dealing with warranty for TWO months now trying to get a replacement fridge. They keep giving us the run around and trying to find ways to get out of paying for a new fridge for us. Let me say again that we live in this unit year round. So we lost hundreds of dollars in meat that was in our freezer and hundreds of dollars in groceries that were in the fridge. When we asked to be reimbursed for that loss, Grand Design said no. Even though we have been dealing with not having a fridge for two months and having to use coolers and ice for groceries. This company is a joke. We were finally supposed to receive our new fridge today, but they sent the wrong one. How does a company who has known for two months about our fridge problem send the wrong unit? Who knows how long we will have to wait now for a new one. On top of all of this the customer service has been horrible. They tell us one thing and then do another. I can’t express enough not to buy anything that Grand Design has built. They are unprofessional and their products are simply cheap. They don’t care at all about quality only about quantity.
- Hope Palmer, Colorado

2021-04-09 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS View Listings

Never having owned an RV of any sort, this may be a biased review, but I love this RV! So well thought out. It squished everything I could ever want into the smallest space you could put it in the smartest possible way. An office, what feels like a full size frig, micro, great size stove and oven, more pantry than most homes, lights (and motion lights) absolutely everywhere, lots of plugs and USB ports, I put a washer dryer in, great blinds, tv inside and out plus spot for one in bedroom, outdoor kitchen and speakers, fireplace, full size shower (I'm tall so I needed a good size shower) and tons and tons of storage inside and out! The only complaint I would have is that the viewing windows that you sit and look out of are on the opposite side as the door. I don't think this will be ideal when camping and I look out over someone else's campsite and have really no visibility of my own campsite. I gave the driving/towing 5 stars based on other reviews, but I have not driven it yet!
- Suzanne Dalton, Ohio

2021-04-08 2018 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 349M View Listings

I love this RV and there is nothing I would change about it. I have owned other brands, and Grand Design is by far the best. Grand Design Customer service is always top-notch and you couldn't ask for more than that. They really respect and value the customer after the purchase experience.
- Amanda Varga, Michigan

2021-04-05 2020 Grand Design Transcend Xplor 265BH View Listings

This has been an excellent travel trailer for us. Outstanding Floorplan. No issues at all. Love the walk through bathroom from living room into bedroom. Two outside doors. One into the living room and one into the bedroom.
- Lonnie Hamilton, Oklahoma

2021-04-01 2017 Grand Design Momentum 376TH View Listings

We've had a number of issues, not real sure if this is normal with RV's but it's been frustrating. We've had an awning motor go bad, shower door leak, front two jacks replaced, generator issues, the undercarriage totally coming down, regulator on LP replaced, refrigerator needing to be "reset", we added a rear camera which the monitor worked maybe a year and most recent our living room furniture literally is peeling away. The vinyl used was about as cheap as they could possibly have chosen. I've been told they've since changed to an upgraded fabric. From what I've been told RV's are made as cheap as possible and we should just accept it or not be RV-ers... We love the RV life and are not willing to give it up just yet.
- Suzy Roulston, Florida

2021-03-31 2020 Grand Design Momentum G Class 350G View Listings

I LOVE THIS TOYHAULER. PLENTLY OF ROOM FOR TOYS OR WHATEVER YOU WANT IN THE GARAGE. THE PATIO IS GREAT. ROOM FOR A GRILL LAWN CHAIRS. ITS ADDED SPACE FOR ENTERTAINMENT. THE WHOLE TRAILER IS QUITE COMFORTABLE.
- Roxane, California

2021-03-29 2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

Although this unit is a 2016 but purchesed in 2017, it has been well taken care of and always stored inside temp controled bldg. We have only used it aprox 3 times a year for 2 week periods at a time. We could not be happier with it as there have been no major problems except for the furniture.The coverings on sofa and recliners are simply comming apart apart .When we sit in the recliners our backs and neck are covered with brown chips and now the only material left is a cloth covering.The arms are also starting to seperate. I would have thought a unit of this quality would have better coverings. By the way, there are only two of us and we are senior citizens so its not like it gets abused.
- Doug owen, Tennessee

2021-03-28 2018 Grand Design Solitude 375RES View Listings

Unit is well built and well thought out ! We lived in ours traveling for over a year and could it exceeded all our expectations. We really like the three distinct spaces. The is no lack of storage . It's big but tows great!
- Chuck Snead, North Carolina

2021-03-28 2018 Grand Design Solitude 384GK View Listings

This RV has no issues, we had a wonderful experience since we used it once for 2 months, drive it to Florida nd back,since then it's bin sitting in storage due to Covid,we decided to sell it Not planning to go to Florida anytime soon! Staying in Durham!!
- Joe vernoy, Ontario

2021-03-27 2021 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE View Listings

Everything about the Imagine XLS 22RBE is perfect, except the dinette pulls out on the front side where the awning and precious camp space are. Are there any plans to revise and flip the dinette with the kitchen galley (except fridge) in future models? The pullout on the front side is a major deal-breaker.
- Cindy P, Texas