Grand Design

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

CJ from Montana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2021-10-18 2020 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

I liked the RV but dealing with Grand Design customer service was terrible. Still waiting for reimbursement for repairs needed for our brand new RV. Waiting almost 10 months now. At this point don’t believe they are really attempting to do the right thing.
- Diane Page, Arizona

2021-10-14 2021 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH View Listings

In July we purchased a 2021 2400BH Grand Design Imagine . We now have 9,000 miles on it traveling cross country and it is awesome. The way it handles behind out Ram and the overall quality. The AC , Fridge / Freezer elec or propane/micro/ oven / cooktop /Heater/ water heater elec or propane / slide out / awning / sinks / shower / holding tanks everything works great. We had 2 issues the fridge handle broke from my husband and the outside plastic cover for the freezer vent came off both at different times were next day aired to the RV parks we were staying at. This is our first and we are very happy.
- Kathy Peterson, Massachusetts

2021-10-10 2019 Grand Design Solitude 380FL-R View Listings

I have been an RVer since childhood. I have owned travel trailers and a Grand Design 2019 Solitude 380 FL-R. This 5th wheel is one of the BEST long term, over the road rig available. This is a 4 season rig made for the gray and for frigid temperatures, whether traveling through Florida or Arizona in the summer, or enjoying the could-frigid weather of the northeastern states like Maine in the winter, this rig is fit for all environments. Two large A/C’s keep you cool centrally in the summer and three separate heating sources ( heat pump/gas or electric furnace/ living room fireplace). The unit Sleeps 6 large adults comfortably. With the nicety of two bathrooms, there is never a line waiting for restroom privileges. The residential refrigerator, large cooking surface and oven makes you feel as if you are at home. The master bedroom’s 14” mattress is so comfortable one has challenges getting out of bed in the morning to watch the sunrise. This by far is the Best rig I have ever owned. Never an issue with any of the rigs workmanship. Grand Design did an Outstanding job with this 5th wheel. 5 Stars no doubt.
- George Vaillant, Georgia

2021-10-09 2017 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

We had our 2017 for 5 years,husband,2 puppies and me loved the design and never used all storage areas.Started to look at 351 momentum Ms.We kept ours up and had just put new tires,we fixed anything that we were able,as good luck with help from dealers.Started looking,poor quality on 2 that we looked at.Grand design has best quality cabinets so far,never used table,too tight for us.Buy what makes u the happiest..
- Carolyn veniot, Michigan

2021-10-09 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

This Imagine 2670MK feels like a luxury apartment with the cozy fireplace and very large kitchen with Island. The bath and shower are spacious with plenty of storage. The master is comfortable and has 3 hanging cupboards and lots of other storage. Outdoor kichen and huge awning are great.
- Janis, California

2021-10-01 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 17MKE View Listings

After doing a great deal of research, we decided to purchase a Grand Design travel trailer based upon their reputation for quality. We ordered an Imagine XLS 17 MKE in April of 2021 and took delivery on July 30 2021. We have been disappointed ever since. Unfortunately, we now know that their reputation for high quality is FALSE and UNDESERVED. They may have been good at some point, but right now they are cranking out crap. Their quality is an absolute joke!! Here are just a few of the issues we have found so far that somehow got past their special PDI (pre-delivery inspection) that they like to talk so much about… -Water leak that sprayed water all over the chaos of wires and connectors that were just lying on the floor beneath the leaking hose in the same area as water pump and water heater. What kind of geniuses combine plumbing and electric in the same spot with zero protection for the electric? Ever heard of a wiring harness or loom! This leak soaked all the way through the floor of camper and leaked out the bottom so the integrity of that is now suspect. The rusty screw laying on the floor below the hose indicates that this leak has been there since delivery. The screw probably belongs in the bottom of the vertical 1x1 piece of wood next to it that doesn’t have any anchor in the bottom… -Every exterior light and the 30 Amp electrical connection on the outside of camper all leak and take on water in the rain. That’s a 100% failure rate! -The interior trim of the dinette slide out rubs on the couch every time the slide moves. -The hardware for the door catch on the outside is mounted 1.5” too far to the right, making it useless unless they remount and drill 4 new holes in the side of a brand new camper. - Drawer slide hardware detached and was pinching electric wire with sharp metal edge. -The vast majority of cabinet doors are out of alignment and rubbing. Mounting screws are stripped into the wood. Adjusting screws have stripped heads. -Wobbly drawers with splintered wood joints that are just waiting to fall apart. -Glue stains on couch cushion. I have contacted our dealer about these and other issues and they have been responsive, but they are backed up like everyone else and haven’t had time to fix it all. They got it in to fix the water leak but most of the other issues are waiting on parts from Grand Design, and time for the dealer to fix. In the meantime, I have had to fix several of the items myself just so that we can use the thing. Maybe I’ll send an invoice for my time and materials to Grand Design! Very disappointing quality on a very expensive trailer! I would not recommend Grand Design to anyone.
- Kevin Wier, Minnesota

2021-10-01 2021 Grand Design Reflection 31MB View Listings

This review is a very difficult one to write because we very much love our Reflection 31MB. However, each time we use it we grow more and more disappointed and discouraged with it's quality. When shopping we did a lot of research and loved what Grand Design had to offer. The price tag was higher than the competition but it was worth it knowing we were getting a superior product with a great customer service team to back it. It was exactly what we wanted and felt it was a good investment. We were thrilled with our purchase and were looking forward to season after season of happy camping memories in our Reflection. Unfortunately this first year of ownership has not been what we were hoping for and not what one would expect from a premium product from supposedly one of the best companies in the industry. It has had problem after problem and has spent far too much time at the dealership. We have had ongoing refrigerator issues that started with a complete failure on one of our first trips with it. Getting the replacement was a nightmare, and I did end up reaching out to customer support for assistance. My experience was very disappointing. I spoke with several representatives who were not the most understanding in the matter and received absolutely no follow up on the case after the fact from Grand Design. I had several phone calls/messages go unreturned. The case appears to have been left to the service manager at our dealer to handle, who does genuinely seem to care but seems far too busy keeping up with their increased work load from I am sure a combination of Grand Design's growth but also their short comings in the quality department recently. It is now nearly 6 months later and the fridge has been replaced but we still are having issues with it. Since February, we continuously have had issues with Slide 2 not extending and retracting properly or sometimes at all. That is a major concern and makes the unit completely unreliable because you just don't know when or where it is not going to come out or go back in. It took several trips to the dealership just to get the main entrance door adjusted so it would stay latched and not open up while driving. The fit and finish has been very poor, every time we take it somewhere we can count on a piece of trim coming loose or falling off entirely on the inside and the outside as well. I understand nothing is perfect and the occasional issue is to be expected but this is far beyond an acceptable level, our previous Crossroads Zinger travel trailer never had the amount of issues we have seen with our new fifth wheel. As we are nearing the end of our 1 year "bumper to bumper" warranty I am afraid we made a mistake by going with Grand Design and have an unreliable, soon to be money pit on our hands. We have a fairly long list of concerns it will be going in for again in the next week and I am optimistic that our dealer can get the issues squared away for us once and for all and we can hopefully regain some confidence in Grand Design's product. I do really hope that I eventually am contacted by someone who is willing to help us at Grand Design because we do really love our Reflection and hope that we can get these issues taken care of and really start enjoying our Grand Design Reflection 31MB!
- Nick Wasko, Wisconsin

2021-09-29 2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

Love it. One of the best RV’s. made .total quality. Dealing with the dealership we bought it from was a pain in the ass. One of the slides ripped the flooring , and took 3 months to get an appointment to repair it, and they said it would only be 2 weeks to fix it, and it took two months. The dealership is 300 miles from my-home, and I told them that I would be there on this date and at this time, and it was parked way in the back, and it took them 2 hours to get out, and then I had to backup out on to a very busy street in downtown Sacramento 🤯🤯🤯. You get the picture.. love the RV, Dealership no so much. I could go on and on about the Dealership.
- Frank Mathes, California

2021-09-26 2018 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

This RV is extremely comfortable and roomy. The amount of storage is incredible. The pantry and refrigerator / freezer allow you to pack food for long trips. Kitchen island adds so much space for food preparations and entertaining. The two outside awnings are sturdy and provide great shade. Good speakers and lighting. Take more toys and less clothes with the washer and dryer, skip the laundry mat! It really is like traveling in a 4 star hotel suite.
- Diane, Arkansas

2021-09-25 2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 17MKE View Listings

The design is well thought out and very spacious. Quality is great. HOWEVER, they need to take care of those waiting for new propane pressure regulators under their current recall. It has been since June, we're heading into October.
- Michael, Tennessee

2021-09-23 2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

I’ve had my RV for 4yr. We have replaced the water pump 3 times, the fire fireplace 3 times, radio 2 times, kitchen faucet 1 time, bathroom faucet 1 time, and shower door broke, replaced it with a shower curtain and the microwave 1. Now I have a torn seal on refrigerator. It’s a norco 1210. This unit cost $3800 dollars and the door gasket can’t be replaced. Why wouldn’t the manufacturer put this in a 56K trailer. All they care about is selling trailers. All they want the trailer to last two years when the warranty runs out. I talked to norco and the could give a $%^& less.
- Ronney young, Washington

2021-09-20 2021 Grand Design Momentum 381M View Listings

I love everything about this RV it was definitely home away from home for me, tons of space gourmet kitchen huge pantry a great place for friends to gather a great bedroom and bathroom and a huge garage for all of your toys but also another great gathering space to entertain an an extra room for guests.
- Christine Fulford, Pennsylvania

2021-09-19 2020 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS View Listings

I have done a review of this RV previously, I love it, it's a very nicely appointed RV. But, take the theatre seat controls off of the cup holder. They go off all the time when you put your drink in the cup holder or simply put your hand on the armrest. Not a big deal but should be changed, small design flaw.
- James, British Columbia

2021-09-18 2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

Our Grand Design is truly luxurious. The floor plan is unique in that the shower is separate from the bathroom which adds more privacy. Also a great extra feature is the extra door between bedroom door and kitchen area. Keeps the noise down if your hubby gets up earlier than you. The windows galore and storage galore is the icing on the cake with this model!
- Janice Feuerhelm, Texas

2021-09-17 2018 Grand Design Solitude 373FB View Listings

Have a 2018 GD Solitude 373FB. I have been RVing over nearly 25 years. All I can say to this rig has given me the most grief of any rig I have ever owned. This is my 5th rig and 1st GD and I am not impressed. Bought this new and have already replaced micro/conv oven, both AC units, main TV, toilet, outdoor shower unit, carefree awning, and parts on the Thomas Pain recliner/love seat. Also, every time I go on a trip my pantry shelves fall. My recent road trip brought the window treatment over the table down, caused the shade to come out of the track, and scratched up the table. Still can't get the rail the shade is on to re-engage and hold the shade up. The pocket door also came off the track while secured. Oh yeah, and the Thomas Pain recliner isn't operation again. Will likely toss this poorly designed love seat for 1 Lazy boy RV size recliners. I know most GD owners think the world of their RV, but I can't recommend them. Structurally they may be well built, but the finish out is cheap. Thank goodness I purchased an extended warranty. It has saved me thousands, but I am moving to full-timing and can't have the rig tied up in the shop.
- Alan Rochkus, Texas

2021-09-14 2021 Grand Design Transcend 265BH View Listings

So let’s start by saying I am located in Phoenix Arizona and definitely not our first trailer. With that being said let’s start the review. We bought our 265bh in April and bought it for the floor plan. Overall it’s a decent trailer and a great floor plan with the kids. However, I wish they would build the unit to location it’s going to. Very hot inside even with a/c on high and doesn’t cool off master bed area hardly at all and nothing during the day time when it 110* outside. Can’t get a second a/c without moving things around on the roof and changing it to 50 amp or running a completely separate circuit. The trailer stinks whenever someone showers or flushes the toilet. And before anyone says “clean and flush the tanks” just know they are. Over and over and over again. The black tank does not stink (weird I know) but whenever the water is turned on the entire unit smells. When traveling it sways more than I believe it should (even with airbags and anti sway bar). Although the 265bh has a lot of good points, I would not suggest it.
- Allen, Arizona

2021-09-12 2018 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 350M View Listings

This is a very well built RV/Toy Hauler. We lived in ours for 8 months in the winter in an RV Park and were very comfortable. The fireplace allowed us to use the parks electricity to keep the place warm without using so much propane. Having the garage/2nd bedroom was a blessing as it gave an additional room for privacy as well as a large dining area. We were able to take long showers with the larger capacity water heater. The built in vacuum cleaner system made it convenient to keep the floors clean and not use up space for a separate vacuum. There is lots of storage space in the kitchen, bedroom and bathrooms.
- Susan Iovino, Oregon

2021-09-12 2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

We had good experiences with the RV. We lived in it while volunteering at various places and had no issues. It pulls well. We like the floor plan and really like the office that we added when we removed the couch. There is lots of storage capacity in every room. It's in good shape and would be a great RV for a couple.
- Melinda B Hall, Kansas

2021-09-10 2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

This is the third fifth wheel and fifth rb we have owned and clearly the best. The overall quality is top notch. So many features that are better than our previous unit not room to mention from storage to the set up of the water input with the easy to follow diagrams for settings of the valves for each mode of operation. I highly recommend this brand and manufacturer.
- George Woodbury, North Carolina

2021-09-07 2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS View Listings

We enjoyed the 3 years we've owned our "Magic Carpet." We've been especially pleased with the spacious layout of two slides in the living area, and the queen-sized bed which we upgraded with a better mattress. The washer/dryer on board saves us lots of wasted time doing laundry! The large electric awning provides us many hours of outdoor enjoyment and protection from the weather, and the auto-dump rain feature meant we don't have to worry about the awning during the rain. We upgraded several things, including the 4-step Torklift Glowstep scissor steps. We added a wi-fi booster and a cell phone booster since we both worked occasionally while on trips. The wif-fi booster helped us stream movies from Netflix without buffering. Having the dealer convert the bedside hanging closets with removable/adjustable shelves helped increase our storage considerably (who needs hanging clothes on vacation <g>). We also had the dealer make a pass-through from the bed to the closet for my CPAP machine and had a "headknocker" factory shelf above the bed converted to two side shelves so we could read in bed. The fridge/freezer is large enough that we buy groceries for a week, and let us bring back loads of delicious Georgia peaches from a local fruit stand, and meat from an outstanding meat market we found in Blairsville GA. Although we seldom use the outdoor tv, stove and fridge, they were nice to have when we did want them. The AC is so good we usually run only one AC in the bedroom, and it cooled the living area in weather up into the 80s without a problem. The large shower is a real pleasure. It's large enough for comfortable showers. And our hot water never failed to give long showers without having to resort to "navy" showers. We just turn on the AC and the Propane to get continuous showers up to 10 minutes! We tow with a Ford 250 pickup and experienced no problems towing through any terrain. The RV brakes function well and the Equalizer weight distribution system maintains excellent roadability.
- Charles Hester, Florida

2021-09-04 2021 Grand Design Momentum 28G View Listings

2021 Momentum 28G is a complete piece of crap! I was warned that most rv's are crap, so I thought I'd go with the best built, best quality, best etc., Nope...100% crap! I've owned this rig for less than a year and it has been in the shop for 5mos. Flooring issues, bed motor issues, window issues, pieces falling off issues, graphic issues, and radio issues. Stay clear! Spend the money to go all aluminum like ATC. Outside of the issues, it towes like freaking crap. (Note-i have a 2021 F350 with a blue ox 2000/20000lb weight distribution hitch) and still pulls like a piece of crap. Layout is great, about the only positive! I can't believe these things are even aloud on the road how they're built!
- Joshua Reiter, Nevada

2021-09-02 2019 Grand Design Reflection 295RL View Listings

I tried different RV's from class A to Travel Trailer we ended up purchasing The Grand Design reflection after doing a search for quality 5th wheels. we find it easy to drive easy to set up and roomie enough for us. thanks Marty
- martin Ke, Pennsylvania

2021-09-01 2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 21BHE View Listings

This review is for a 2021 Imagine XLS 23BHE. It wasn’t on the list for some reason. I’ve had the 23BHE for close to a year and have put around 10K miles on it so far. My tow vehicle is a 2019 Toyota Tundra double cab with the 5.7L engine. When the camper and truck are loaded for a trip we are right at the maximum weight. So far, I’m very happy with the 23BHE. She’s been pulled up and down mountains, over sketchy gravel roads, through plenty of potholes and I’m sure the occasional curb, and have had no mechanical issues whatsoever. Lest you think that I baby the rig, I have 6 and 10 year old boys who are genetically predisposed to kick, lick, slam, chew, and just generally abuse everything in sight, and with the exception of the occasional sticking door and peeling laminate, the RV has held up remarkably well. The floor plan is great as well. GD has made good use of the small space. Keep in mind that this is a fairly small RV, so don’t expect to fit all of your belongings. We recently went on a 3 week trip to Yellowstone and had plenty of space for everything we really needed.
- Victor, North Carolina

2021-08-29 2022 Grand Design Imagine 3100RD View Listings

We just got a 2022 Imagine, I totally love it… many great features, like sliding doors, great OHS, number of outlets…it even has a wine rack, which is great, but it only hangs 3 glasses, so I hope they correct that design flaw on next year’s model.
- Carol Cuadrado, Florida