Grand Design RVs Reviews (331)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Sonya Platt from Idaho says:

Have you owned any Grand Design RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

The layout on this trailer is so well thought out. We never thought we would finally find exactly what we were looking for. Come on how many can't stand the size of the bathroom? Most are cramped. Admit it. My last one was. But good lordy did someone think this one through. Great walk around room. More storage than I know what to do with & did I mention the bathroom? But really great well thought out designs. Bedroom layout great, ample storage. Slide creates a comfortable large living area. I actually do not use all of the storage in this room either. If you haven't stopped & taken a look you are making a giant mistake.
- Sonya Platt, Idaho

2019-12-11 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

We have experience nothing but problems with our Grand Design Imagine. From leaking, skin delamination, inside of door cracking and molding falling off are just a few of the problems. We purchased the camper in the spring of 2017 and by the fall, the under carriage was so rusted, it was hard to lower the stabilizers. We do live in WNY but the camper was only used from May to September. I fell in love with the layout. I really wanted this camper to work for us but with this many problems in the first 2.5 years. What does the future hold.
- debbie, New York

2019-12-07 2020 Grand Design Momentum 397TH View Listings

I would describe my experience with this make and model as dissatisfied. The junk shower heads and hose assemblies I replaced before my first trip.Also installed shower bars for height and shower head angle positions. Other problems include porch light not working,left side compartment door flying open going down road.Pushed in on door with firm pressure and was locked.Could have been a problem if it would have swung out in oncoming traffic.Had to use Gorilla tape to hold it closed.Door also leaks when it rains.First time using shower I had a large puddle of water on floor.Had to seal both ends and front of shower door track to stop the leak. Got to my destination in SC and found all three awnings motor covers had blown off.Had to cover them with plastic garbage bag and Gorilla tape.Trying to get replacement covers.Could not believe that you can not play blue ray discs in the so called premium sound system at the cost of 2000 dollars.This sums up the problems I've had in my first week and 450 miles of use.What can a customer expect for 100,000 dollers.Grand Design should include a roll of Gorilla tape with every model built.
- David Dean, Pennsylvania

2019-12-04 2019 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

This camper is exactly what we were looking for. Over all it's been great to camp in, unfortunately we had issues with one of the slides, Island countertop and a compartment door. We have owned this camper less than 10 months, this camper spent over 3 months at the dealer, we took it over twice for the same repair, they replaced the defective part 3 times. They never looked for the root cause for what was damaging the slide until after the third time. The dealer said that when they would receive the replacement parts that the parts were always damaged from Grand Design. When I contacted Grand Design to see if they would repair the camper at their facilities they said that they were booked up and asked me if the dealer could try to repair the camper again. I'm hoping that I never have to have it worked on again. My suggestion that if you are going to purchase a camper from a dealer investigate the service department to see if they have qualified personal to work on the campers. It's no fun waiting 3 months to get your camper back for the same repair.
- Larry, Indiana

2019-12-01 2014 Grand Design Reflection 293RES View Listings

Been to Florida with it twice. No problems Pulls nice Been to Eagle River Wisconsin I had to stay working so didn’t use it much Nice RV for a retired couple. We had plans to stay in Florida, but because of health issues we need to sell it
- Larry Brackemyer, Illinois

2019-11-26 2018 Grand Design Solitude 310GK View Listings

We love our Solitude. The floor plan is spacious. The drivability is awesome, very easy to maneuver. It could very well be lived in full time. It is very well made and the envy of the campground. Lots of storage. Bedroom is very spacious. Sofa folds out to a queen bed. My favorite part is the island in the kitchen, lots of counter space. Lots of interior lighting.
- Myra Moxley, Florida

2019-11-26 2017 Grand Design Solitude 300GK View Listings

Our first year of owning ours, it sat at the dealer getting repairs. We took it in for a few repairs that were needed, found during walk thru. When we picked up the rig from the walk thru repairs it had extensive internal damage; countertops had deep scratches covering the entire island, the tabletop and dinette chairs had deep cuts from what appeared to be from a circular saw, our fridge had a large dent and scratch, our bathroom lighting was controlled from the living room switch. It appeared that they used the island and table top as a work bench. They had to replace the entire dinette set, sand and buff the countertops, and replaced the left door on the fridge. After getting the unit back "months" later, we pulled into a campground and set up, we were there approximately an hour and our entire water tank had drained (partially in campground and the other part under our storage compartments). Needless to say we ended up driving it back down to the dealer cutting our trip short. After spending another month or two in the shop, we went on another trip... more leaking, fridge didn't work, our crown molding on the kitchen side of the unit, and kitchen shades fell. We received no sympathy from the manufacturer and the dealer had the worst customer service ever. We stopped taking it back and started paying out of pocket for all of what should have been warranty work. Now that everything has been repaired the right way by a local rv repair shop, we are very happy. It was a huge investment for us, and what should have been a very exciting purchase, ended up being a very bad experience.
- Kathleen , California

2019-11-26 2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

We have a 2020 Reflection 5th wheel. We bought this because it was supposed to be a higher quality RV. For something that should be high quality it has the cheapest TV that you can buy and the built in DVD player is installed so if you sit on the couch you cannot use the remote you must get up and stand within 3 feet of the front of it to get it to work. Now the doors in the bathroom fall apart when you open it. It is now even glued together just a pressed fit. Never go by the temperature reading on the refrigerator it’s so far off when it reads 32 degrees a thermometer I put inside shows 41. This unit is made very cheap definitely not a higher quality RV
- Jerry stitzel, California

2019-11-23 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

This trailer has two axels that are rated 3500 lbs each. The dry trailer weight is over seven thousand pounds. I wish I would have noticed this before I bought it. Now it’s sitting at a shop waiting to see if warranty will do the right thing and repair it or better yet upgrade the axles. What good is a trailer with bad axles? The whole point in a trailer is the ability to move it. I have owned multiple trailers and this is by far the worst one so far. I would never suggest this trailer to anyone. They still haven’t responded to warranty requests. I can’t stress it enough. Don’t buy from these guys. There is better out there. The interior sold my wife and I. But it is no good if they can’t even perform the most simple function of a trailer. They can’t even be towed without going through tires or bending axles from their under rated axle capacity. Don’t buy
- Joseph Packer, Utah

2019-11-22 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL View Listings

This was our first travel trailer in over 30 years of camping. We absolutely love the floor plan, the dealer, the livability and so far the warranty coverage. When we initially used the trailer we had owning issues, an island sink issue and a broken stove top glass which exploded for no apparent reason. Everything was repaired very quickly and at no expense to us. We've been on over 10 trips now in 3 months with zero problems at all. I guess my only concern would be that the issues we had at first should have been caught at the factory prior to delivery. Grand Design's inspection process leaves something to be improved upon BUT their service department is second to none. The unit is advertised as being towable by most 1/2 ton trucks. From my experience, my 1/2 ton could easily pull the 2970RL but I had way too much sway on the interstates. I even upgraded my weight distribution hitch which helped immensely but in the end it turned out that my tow vehicle just wasn't stout enough. We decided to upgrade to a gently used 3/4 GMC diesel and the problem was resolved. The 1/2 tons just aren't heavy enough to tow this trailer safely in my humble opinion. I'm sure there will be those that will argue this but this is my two cents worth. My biggest concern in buying any trailer was the after sale service and responsiveness from my dealer. In the end, I am extremely satisfied and am a happy camper.
- Denny Sivells, Texas

2019-11-22 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 395M View Listings

I bought my brand new trailer in April, 2019. It has been back to the dealer a couple of times. Before it even left my driveway for its first camping trip, the generator quit. While we were camping, the rear awning flew off the rig! There was nothing more than a very gentle breeze. Another Momentum owner came over and said his did the same thing. The small screws are not enough to hold it on. I found our pantry under water. I decided to remove the 4 screws to the access panel inside and found mold growing inside the wall. Water also got into the furnace and caused it to quit. The water was coming from a loose pipe to the shower faucet. I realized that I must fix things myself unless I want to permanently park it at the dealer. The refrigerator also quit. The ceiling in the bedroom leaked in the last rain storm. The wall covering next to the kitchen sink is loose. The black tank cable to the rear bathroom is seized so I can't drain the tank. Ugh! The list just goes on and on. On the plus side, it appears to be well set up for camping in cold weather. I've had some nights down to 12 degrees Fahrenheit with no issues. A lack of cabinets in the garage has me bewildered. I added some. The dealer sometimes doesn't get things right the first time so I've learned to just repair this myself as much as possible.
- Eric Lang, New York

2019-11-17 2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

The thermostat kept blowing out. Blue dog replaced the heater. Started having water leaks. Had service people come out replaced all the water lines. Heater heats up and causes water lines to heat up and leak.It needs a heat jacket on heater to stop the basement of 5th wheel from heating up.
- William Noble , Idaho

2019-11-12 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

It is an excellent floor plan and I'd buy it again if I had to down-size. Very comfortable to live in and an excellent towable and maneuverable RV. The RV is very comfortable and well insulated to live in extreme heat or cold conditions.
- rob, Louisiana

2019-11-11 2017 Grand Design Solitude 384GK-R View Listings

This is a great floorplan and is very comfortable for even full time living. We did have multiple issues in the first year of ownership that were eventually corrected by our selling dealet. All the manufacturers seem to build them too fast with very little QC. In our last three months of travel, we have had zero issues.
- Joseph Smith, Mississippi

2019-11-10 2019 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

We have been full time for over two year, first in our Grand Design Solitude 375 and now our Grand Design Momentum 399 and absolutely love the 399 and the room, features, and comfort. Grand Designs commitment to customer service is second to none also.
- Jeret Burnett , California

2019-11-07 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

We have loved our RV with the bunks. We have decided to go with a larger unit - that is the only reason we are selling our 2800bh. There isn't anything I would change on the layout or design inside or outside. Everything is easy to get to and there is lots of storage inside and outside. Grand Design has been our only brand we have purchased and feel confident that will be the brand we stick with going forward.
- Nicole Hegger, South Carolina

2019-11-05 2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

We bought our unit new but this year we experienced a weak floor in front of refrigerator,stove and seating after 3 months waiting for appointment with our Dealer They advised us our floor problems are from moisture and they can not find where it is coming from. Manufacturer would not warranty. Obviously moisture had been happening for long time but dealer nor manufacturer would cover repair or damage. Floor had 3 year warranty according to warranty info but Manufacturer denied claim. Said out of warranty due to moisture. We do not know how moisture could get to the floor area without some structural problem. We have never had an accident or structure damage and roof and sides have been checked regularly. Loved our unit but now it is useless to us. Dealer and manufacturer dont care and offer no help.
- Ron, Missouri

2019-11-04 2018 Grand Design Solitude 375RES View Listings

Our Grand Design Solitude 375RES is an awesome fifth wheel. We have had zero problems with the unit.5000 miles so far.Tows extremely well with our Ram dually. Quality interior woodwork and flooring. We have had three Grand Design units and all were wonderful Rvs.
- Fred Hoyme , Wisconsin

2019-11-03 2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

This trailer has been nothing but a headache since day one. The air conditioner leaked right into the living room area. Numerous issues with the control panel. Water leaks at the panel. We are forever replacing light bulbs in the hanging lights over the island. The stove had to have the ignition starter replaced within months of purchasing the unit. The gas heat in the unit does not turn off at any temperature setting. The furniture is junk. The love seat is flaking and pealing off the exterior cover. Here is the big factor: The trailer was delivered from the dealership to a permanent site and has never been moved. I can't imagine if we were pulling the trailer across country. The dealership has been little or no help in correcting the multiple problems. I would welcome anyone from the company to contact me. If you are considering a fifth wheel do not stop and look at any until from Grand Design.
- Linda Bell, Maryland

2019-11-01 2020 Grand Design Imagine 3000QB View Listings

Brand new rig, total garbage. Have owned the rig less than a month. Spent a few camping nights in it in the back yard before taking it on the road to CO. Laundry list of new problems discovered after having the dealer fix a list of problems we were able to catch before even leaving the lot. Before we left the lot: The curtains were broken in two different windows. Screen door had a crack in it. Back window had gaping hole in it from bad caulk job. Shower curtain broken. Got it home, camped a few days in the back yard- discovered a leak under the kitchen sink, lights on the master bedroom headboard flicker on and off, USB ports not working, handle fell off of the door (they didn’t even screw it in- screw holes had no screws in them, I guess they just glued it? Grand Design is a joke. Absolutely no way they actually do any serious QC on these things. Workers/management should be ashamed to take so little pride in their work.
- Mike L, Tennessee

2019-10-29 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL View Listings

With the E4 Equalizer Hitch this unit tows extremely well with just a Ford F150 Eco Boost. It is very livable with the Theater Seating and large LED TV. It has every package that could be added, and also every option available for this unit except for 2nd AC which it is preped for (50 Amp). There's ample storage for extended/seasonal living. It also is very comfortable for extended camping. A 2nd 12 Volt battery was added for extended Dry Camping.
- Dave, Ohio

2019-10-28 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

bought the rv in october 2018 at 20k kms after the dealerhip rent it for three months. Lots of problems with the Fiamma awning, it opens by itself without any intervention, or do not retract even manually. Waiting for a new engeneered part from Fiamma. Do not expect any support from Pleasure Way, the guy at the customer service has an agressive attitude. Pleasure way directs you to the manufacturers, giving you their phone number is what you can expect from them. They ask me to buy velcro straps to prevent awning from opening while driving, not fair enough to give it to their customers. Also have problems with Ultra leather fabric that peels on hems on both driver ans passenger seats. Pleasure way do not offer any help saying I do not have any warranty because dealership was the first owner and warranty is not tranferable. Will not buy Pleasure way next time.
- Michel Grenier, Quebec

2019-10-28 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

We purchased our 2600RB almost two years ago, and have had zero problems with it. The floor plan is perfect for travelling as when we stop along the road, we are able to access the kitchen, living area, and bathroom even with the slider in. Didnt fully realize the comparative quality until talking with friends who have other makes and continually have problems. I would absolutely recommend consideration of the Grand Design models.
- Lew Jones, Florida

2019-10-20 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

Been a year now that I have owned this unit. Over all it is ok but not worth the money paid. On the surface when first looking it looked solid. First trip the hot water tank electronic board fell off the wall and broke so had no igniter. (was taped to wall from factory) Upon investigating this I found wiring just sloppily hanging with no fastening to structure which can lead to breaks and or loose wires thus creating a fire hazard. Holes drilled through floor for plumbing lines and electrical were drilled and the shavings not cleaned up and the holes not filled with spray foam thus resulting in mice infestation. The main electrical panel IS NOT attached to wall and falls out down a gravel road. Sliding bathroom and bedroom door have a SCREW screwed into track as a door stopper. (WOW) My shower door (rollup type) quit working and the back wall of shower panel has buckled. These problems are all minor but clearly proves factory is a "PUMP OUT" as many as possible. The finishing quality of behind the scenes is extremely poor which is sad because they are minor fixes in both time and costs. So I recommend pulling drawers and screens and look behind to see the true quality. I would not purchase one again and if I were you I would not also.
- Kelly Smith, British Columbia

2019-10-18 2014 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

We were just looking at this 5th wheel, it got are attention. Would love to own this one. Very beautiful, the only thing was the dry weight was high at over 13 thousand. But every thing was perfect for us. Thank you Bob.
- Robert , California