Grand Design Momentum

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Momentum RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Richard J Ernst from Ohio says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

Overall we like our 399TH and we accept some of the simple fixes that usually come with a new camper. However, it seems like we have a list that wouldn't exist with proper QC: 1. The trailer arrived with the wrong interior. 2. The media chairs were mounted crooked and would get stuck on the window valance when reclined. 3. No hot water on city connection. We have to pull water from the tanks to heat it. 4. Half of the carpet in the loft wasn't even there. It just raw particle board exposed. I was told this was normal from my dealer! 5. Sliding door to the side porch is not square and the door doesn't close flush. 6. Garage glass door has a gap on one side, clearly not plumb. 7. Garage loft bed is not level. I have to push up on one side of the bed to place the locking pins in. I was told by my dealer there is nothing that can be done about it. I need to stand on a stool or use a pole to push the bed up while putting the pin in. 8. The porch enclosure tears a hole in the mesh when stowed for transport. The dealer said it's a design flaw. 9.Trailer was delivered with missing rubber keyhole covers. I was told they will not be covered under warranty even though it was delivered without them! 10. Batteries wont hold a full charge. 12.5V is the highest they will charge. The dealer is currently looking at that. 11. The door would unlatch even when locked under transport. The closed grab handle is the only thing keeping the door closed. I'm told the door isn't aligned with the latch catch properly. 12.Power converter was advertised as a 75W but a 65W was put in. 13. Kitchen slide does not close flush to the unit. 14. Fuel tank gage is backwards and reads the level in the opposite tank. There are also three options we paid for but wish we didn't and we feel a little deceived: 1. The king bed upgrade is not a true king, it's 6 inches narrower than a actual king. We upgraded so I could use our Tempurpedic mattress for my back only to find out later that I paid for the king size option and it won't fit my actual sized king. I now have to buy a queen Tempurpedic to replace the stock mattress but the queen mattress is too small to fill the fake king size platform. Basically I paid for an option I can't use and on top of that I need to spend even more money because of it. Stick with the queen unless you plan on keeping the horrible stock mattress! 2. The so called removable carpet kit for the garage area is a joke! It is literally a roll of felt that isn't even cut to fit the garage(see pic)! We had the understanding it was carpet that matched the carpet in the rest of the trailer. We at least got a small piece of carpet for the door step.The option should be title "unmeasured/uncut removable felt" because it is definitely not carpet! Buy a remnant instead from Lowes or Home Depot, it will be actual carpet and it will be cheaper too! 3. The optional stairs for the ramps have been useless for us. We have yet to find an area that once you get leveled the stairs will reach the ground, even with the legs fully extended(see pic). I have to use wood blocks to place under the legs even on a hard level surface. The only time they work properly is on a flat level surface without the leveling jacks extended(like at an RV show)! The side porch stair mounts were not measured properly and the stairs will not mount evenly because of them. I'm waiting for my dealer to see what they can do with that. I would love to have my money back for these useless options. The camper is nice overall but there seems to be some deceiving with some options, intentional or not....research the options closely or you may not be getting what you think. This is our first camper and our lessons learned were expensive.
- Richard J Ernst, Ohio

2021-06-22 2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH View Listings

I loved this fifth wheel. It is very classy and very well made. It is huge so my only advice is watch other drivers and going in and out of lanes, otherwise you will get stares upon stares. People will ask for tours of your unit and of course questions about the outdoor back porch. That is always a conversation piece.
- Barbara jean Driesen, Washington

2021-06-18 2018 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

We are so unhappy with this rv. 4 years, 2 pin boxes, a new controller, brakes failed 3 times, brake wiring melted hydraulic system, and now broken down in Georgia with a broken leaf spring on a 2018 camper. Shame on you Grand Design!
- Jeffrey Schmucker, Pennsylvania

2021-06-15 2021 Grand Design Momentum 28G View Listings

Well folks I sold my jayco and decided to go to a smaller toy hauler 28 g ! Our first problems were water leaks one coming from underneath the bed pulled board that mattress sits on there were loose connections on the main panel where water connections go tighten them up leaking stopped ! Then a couple days later there was water coming out in the kitchen in the corner removed panel gave me access to back of water heater found leak another loose fitting in back of water heater ! I tried to get warranty work done they want you to take unit in to get fixed! The finance guy lied said we could get mobile service anytime but forgot to tell us after the factory warranty expired! In a year ! If I didn’t know what I was doing I would of been screwed ! For the money we paid you think there would be better quality control on these units ! Will be getting rid of this thing next year ! Also A/C will not keep up in 100 degree weather inside temperatures in the day 95 degrees ! Went and bought portable a/c unit to help main a/c unit ! Now breaker keeps tripping off ! Thanks grand momentum for such a pos !
- Robert, Arizona

2021-04-01 2017 Grand Design Momentum 376TH View Listings

We've had a number of issues, not real sure if this is normal with RV's but it's been frustrating. We've had an awning motor go bad, shower door leak, front two jacks replaced, generator issues, the undercarriage totally coming down, regulator on LP replaced, refrigerator needing to be "reset", we added a rear camera which the monitor worked maybe a year and most recent our living room furniture literally is peeling away. The vinyl used was about as cheap as they could possibly have chosen. I've been told they've since changed to an upgraded fabric. From what I've been told RV's are made as cheap as possible and we should just accept it or not be RV-ers... We love the RV life and are not willing to give it up just yet.
- Suzy Roulston, Florida

2021-03-06 2021 Grand Design Momentum 376THS-R View Listings

Purchased our 2021 Grand Design Momentum from RV One in Fort Myers FL. Ordered it custom paint with every option. Arrived later than promised. Took on first trip and what a nightmare! Water leaking in trailer, compartments, compartments don’t lock, outside stereo has only one working speaker, outside subwoofer makes a ringing sound, that’s it, can’t separate volume from inside and outside, pocket doors finish peeling off, front door frame not in even, huge gap around the frame, drawers don’t close even, black tank won’t completely flush, and SO much more. I have photos and videos to prove all this and have sent to Grand Design. Yet, we still have a poorly designed and non working fifth wheel! We paid over 100,000.00 for this and purchased because they advertise the Best PDI, Pre Delivery Inspection, in the industry. Obviously this is NOT true. No one could of inspected this unit before they shipped to selling dealer. We have taken on vacation 3 weeks total and the rest of the time it is at RV One waiting repairs! We planned on living in this unit and now have to wait until it’s livable. It is a crime to sell these at top dollar and sell inferior trailers. I will Never but another Grand Design in my lifetime! I am contacting Attorney General to see what can be done. Anyone else having same problems, we can get a Class Action Lawsuit? It’s under warranty and we even purchased 7 year extended warranty. Yet, here we are waiting months for repair and even radio was back ordered! RV One in Fort Myers is not helpful at all. Service is deplorable! It sits for months with them not working on it. A warranty claim has not even been opened on it! What are they doing, waiting for warranty to run out? I would highly suggest NOT purchasing a Grand Design RV and not using RV One!!! Everyone wants to blame Covid for holding things up. If Grand Design actually did pre delivery inspections, we would not be going through any of this! Both companies get your money and then could care less! Hoping at least others read and save the mistake we did.
- Greg Foos, Florida

2021-01-16 2020 Grand Design Momentum 397TH View Listings

This unit has been upgraded with a Maytag Ref. 3000watt inverter, #5 sleep # bed, most homes don't have this type living quarters. This unit with the Goose box hitch pulls 100% better than a 5th wheel 397TH.The floor plan works great for your family, lots of storage inside
- R Fintex, Texas

2020-11-07 2020 Grand Design Momentum 395M View Listings

We purchased this RV because we wanted opposing couches, along with a dinning table and large kitchen. This is the only toy hauler on the market we were able to find that fit all these criteria. We lived in this full-time for over 6 months and absolutely loved it. At first we weren't sure if the exterior storage space would be large enough, but we were able to bring along everything we needed (and more). The large water tanks combined with over 60 gallon capacity for fuel allowed us to boondock without hookups for multiple weeks without needing to fill up or dump. We used the garage area as a kids room/play room and it worked out excellent. The One Control center was great as well that we could control the RV from our phones. This allowed us to adjust the air at night, turn on exterior and interior lights, water pump, etc... from anywhere around the RV. If we could go back, we would get this exact RV again. No question!
- Matthew Osborn, Arizona

2020-08-07 2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH View Listings

This is my first RV and overall I'm very happy with it. There were a few problems early on with it such as the generator would run, but it wouldn't power the coach. The dealer gave me the runaround, but Grand Design fixed all the problems in one day and put me up in a hotel for the night. Grand Design will definitely be at the top of my list when it is time to replace this one.
- Paul Hancock, Texas

2020-08-05 2021 Grand Design Momentum 376THS-R View Listings

Asking all friends and family to share this post *PLEASE HELP* We need this to go viral. Do not go to Campers Inn of Tucker GA!👎🏻👎🏻 We had first seen the fifth wheel camper that we loved at an Atlanta RV show about 2-3 years ago. We met the person that had designed the layout for the company. It was Campers Inn that had it at the show Forward to March 2020. We went to look at the camper again and worked with a salesman on the details. We needed to sell our house first and planned to become full time RVers. We sold our home and needed to be out by 4/22. We ordered our Grand Design Momentum 376 THS-R the end of April. We were told by the salesman that it takes 6-8 weeks for delivery. Due to Covid-19 the company would start manufacturing again the first week of May. We had to rent a house from a friend while waiting as we have two dogs and were only looking for something for 6-8 weeks, so we thought. After waiting the 6-8 weeks we called the salesman to see what was happening. After no call backs or responses to emails my husband called the sales manager. He said he’d look into it and get back to us. Nope! Not a word. We felt we deserved to know what was going on with our $126,000 unit. Where was it! When should we expect it? Finally the salesman called and said it would be in sometime between July 1-7. We started to plan on campsites to put it in figuring we would have it by 7/6-7 after the holiday weekend. So, the 7th came and no RV. We had to pay to cancel the campsite and also pay for rent as we were still in the house. We were told the 8th, but that Campers Inn needed 3 days to go through it, so we could get it on the 11th. New campsite reservations made and Oh also new appointments made to register vehicles in Florida. The date was delayed due to Covid-19 and delayed again due to a shortage of tractor trailer drivers, right! Paid to cancel campsite again and got new DMV appointments! We actually ended up getting it on 7/15 and dropping it off at another business to put the stackable washer and dryer in as they were $1,000 less than what Campers Inn was charging. During the waiting period for the RV we were told by the salesman that it may not have the camera system we asked for as the plant was out of parts and couldn’t hold up the production line. It did end up having the camera system and after much bitching, Campers Inn hooked it up free of charge. During the 2-3 hour walk through we noticed some issues with molding pieces not on or half hanging off. The person doing the walk through told us the repairs would be made, but he had been told to go through it quickly during their inspection. Really? The manufacturer and the dealer “supposedly” take days to go through the units to be sure everything is good to go, or so we were told!😏 So we waited for those to all be fixed! After living in it for a week we found many issues. Some small and some major. My husband called Campers Inn customer service a number of times, no call backs! He called Grand Design and got a case number and was told all issues would be covered. After many calls to Campers Inn, a serviceman gave us an appointment to bring it in. We were only back in town for 2 days. The day before the appointment the service manager called my husband and canceled the appointment. He went off on my husband and asked him who was paying for the work? He told my husband he cannot just tell them when we want an appointment and that with warranty work it would be at least 2 weeks before they could get us in. He then basically told my husband to take it somewhere else. Our solar system that we paid extra for is not working, our surround sound which was extra is not working, the door isn’t latching, a side compartment doesn’t lock, the toy hauler ramp could kill someone when it comes down and is not spring loaded to come down slow as it is supposed to, there is a piece missing on the arm of one awning, the One Control panel that runs everything is froze up, thankfully my husband can run it from his phone, the bedroom air conditioner sounds like a freight train when it comes on. The bed spread had a huge stain on it we noticed in the walk through so we are supposed to get another one. Apparently whatever was leaking soaked the memory foam mattress too and after 3 nights of sleeping on it, it had a huge dipped indentation where I was laying. We threw it out and put a new queen mattress in. Now we need a step stool to get up on it! Our retirement dream has turned into a nightmare. No one at Campers Inn will help us. They were all sooo nice before we got it. We are 2 weeks in now and searching for a mobile technician to come help. We have one, but we will have to pay up front and get reimbursed from Grand Design. Ridiculous! We have offered to bring it to the manufacturer in Indiana to get it fixed and we were told they wouldn’t be able to get us in until sometime in September.I wish we had read the reviews on this design!
- Larry Girard, Georgia

2020-07-30 2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH View Listings

This has been an amazing toy hauler that we will keep for years to come. The Grand Design team also has gone above and beyond when we had the fireplace go out. They immediately sent out a replacement and had it installed at our RV resort as zero expense to us.
- Russ, Texas

2020-07-13 2020 Grand Design Momentum 381M View Listings

Love the unit. Very easy to tow with Ford 350 dually. Set up is awesome with auto leveling. Interior is sound and only issue I have found so far is the granite table top swing extension is off just a smidge, in the middle, but it’s granite it’s heavy. 15’ garage I s very spacious. My only dig to this unit is the washer dryer area. You can hook up in the garage except there is NO dryer vent access. To run the vent you will spend some money as the vent needs to be run behind the Tv and fireplace and out behind the fridge. Tech in shop told me it’s about a 20 hour job. This is due to the bathroom and hall on each side of the hook up area, which is not allowing the vent out the side of the garage. The 3 ACs are great and cool the unit very well. Other than the vent thing, it’s a great buy If your looking for a toy hauler.
- Bobby Bailey, Virginia

2020-07-10 2020 Grand Design Momentum 395M View Listings

we've had this RV since Aug 2019, with little to no problems..the shower glass door wasn't properly sealed, however that was an easy fix, a few of the wood moldings came off, again an easy fix.. June 2020 our Norcold Fridge which by the way sells for approximately $5000.+ broke...GD would not pay to have someone come out to fix it because we were in a small beach town at the time...so we had to take everything out of the fridge and freezer and put it on ice, needless to say we still lost hundreds of dollars in food...we ended up taking it to a service shop which they did the least expensive way to fix it, by resetting the temperature switch, which worked up until July 9th..had another service person come and replace a fuse which again worked for about an hour..now its completely dead...GD refuses to reimburse food loss, service call and Christine Holland at the GD company basically told us too bad its our problem... we bought this brand because we heard that they work with full time RV'ers and that they provide service throughout the US and Canada without having to bring the trailer to someone..THEY LIED!!! they don't care if you are full timing, they said its not their problem, that they do not care about our loss or inconvenience !!!!
- Charlene, Idaho

2020-07-03 2020 Grand Design Momentum 397TH View Listings

I'm also disappointed with my new grand design. the front underbelly fell off at 100 miles from the dealer, when I went to repair it found wires pinched against the frame. Hapijack beds are missing the support legs everyone was bragging about being able to get parts from grand design 3 months no legs, still can't use the beds. Onecontrol touch screen quit working but it was replaced within a week from lipert, they seem to really care about customer service. We've had the roof trim fall off in the living room and ceiling came down,seems they missed the rafter with the staples. Main slide rubbed the trim by the fireplace on the way home from the dealer and now they say wood will have to be trimmed off because can't adjust the slide enough, this also put a hole in the carpet. Rear bathroom blacktank flush was leaking fittings not tightened. The valance fell off window by dinette and this was stripped out screws and three screws less then the other side. The main bathroom shower leaked bad they caulked the weep holes shut and caulked the wrong side of the track. The microwave turn table jerks as it turns I have not looked into this yet.I did have the propane door keep opening on the way home also the latches were installed wrong even though it was easy fix. Main cargo door fills with water when it rains this will just need caulked but you would think a new door should be sealed. Seems like a lot of stuff going wrong to me for only three months old and used three times.
- marko.bakich, Montana

2020-06-05 2019 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

We bought this fall of 2018, we have owned three or four different RVs. This one being our first toy hauler but we love the floor plan love the amenities, granddesign has been great to work with warranty wise too. Love this trailer and it’s a good thing because will probably keep it for a long time.
- Kendra Olson, Utah

2020-05-13 2019 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

I am ashamed of this mistake in my life. Stay tuned to find out why....... 7/29/19 - We have not had a good experience. In fact, there are so many issues with our brand new 2019 Grand Design Momentum 399TH that I intend to continue updating this post as time goes on. Look closely at photos #1 & 2. When I went online to get an insurance quote, I tried to insure my total investment; the value at number 2 (photo #1), the "bottom line" ($98,230.27). The insurance website would not accept this value and a pop-up warning said it could not be insured for more than its retail value. I tried other values until I had to settle on the value at number 3 ($89,998). By this we know we paid full price. I assume the value at number 1 (photo #2), $118,254, is used to make the buyer think he/she is getting a discount. There were NO discounts for us! Only the Devil's deception! Throughout the sales process, my wife kept telling the dealer that the 'king' sized mattress was too big for the space provided, and that there was not enough space to get around the bed. See photos #3 & 4. The dealer refused to exchange the mattress. GET THIS! The dealer gave us a $25 gift certificate for use in their Parts/Accessories department. So why not buy the quintessential 'sewer hose'? After deduction of the $25 coupon, plus a veteran's discount ($10), I could have bought it on Amazon for a lower price and had it delivered to my house! See photos #5 & 6. What did the little birdie say? "Cheap, Cheap!" The shower door leaked, and no wonder! See photo #7. The sealant was just "gobbed" into two spots on each end of the track. Water found the path in the middle of the track and ran out onto the floor. We thought the water was seeping up through the floor boards. But since it is sheet flooring, this was not possible. It only 'looks' like floor boards. Photo #8. Electric fireplace crack - this is supposed to be a "luxury" RV. Why would I put up with a cheesy looking fireplace? Photo #9. Screws missing and hinges not fully seated in garage lavatory door. Look at the gap between the hinge and the door jam. We took the RV to the dealer on 7/29/19 for repair of several items. I hope this doesn't continue. We're going "full-time" because of my job. We can't afford the down time. UPDATE 8/29/19 - This is no longer a 'bad experience'. It has become an ordeal. We had hoped that the service department at the dealer could redeem themselves, as well as Grand Design RV. Not so. When I picked up the RV on 8/23, I didn't have time to look it over until I got it home. We discovered a number of things that were really just related to the dealer's service department. But there are plenty of issues to point a finger at the manufacturer. First of all, what is with the 'pissing contest' between dealer and manufacturer about what gets priority? The dealer recommended replacement of door and frame between the 'garage' and the living quarters. The indication on the service report is that Grand Design (mfr) 'suggested' (see photo #15) "...rebuilding frame adjusting door to fit". One day this past week, the door was stuck so badly that I couldn't open it! I had to go outside and come in through the back door! A 'suggestion' does not get me full and proper access to my RV. After being at the dealer's for a few weeks for repair of some of these 'issues', we found a number of items related to poor
- Dennis Brant, Arizona

2020-05-07 2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH View Listings

Grand Design forgot to put sleeves on slide out on edge of flooring on kitchen. The pressboard is frayed. Of course I didn’t notice there wasn’t a sleeve on the end until I noticed it fraying. (I keep my unit in a shop so it took some time for it to start fraying on edges) Now I have to pull all the appliances and replace the floor out of pocket and the only thing grand design is going to do is send the plastic pieces. Susan with Grand Design blames me for not noticing the sleeves were on there. What a joke! I bought this unit brand new and the dealer or Grand Design should have inspected thoroughly not the customer. That’s why I buy new. We have had multiple issues including the couches cheap upholstery peeling (another issue they are unwilling to resolve or stand behind) When it comes to buying from Grand Design forget about your warranty it is useless. They point fingers instead of accepting responsibility. I understand that it will cost me more money to fight this but I am looking for an attorney today just to make them stand behind this $100k mistake I made in trusting this manufacturer. If anyone knows attorneys that are familiar with cases like this please DM me. I will see this through no matter the cost. It’s principal at this point.
- Dustin VanHouse, Georgia

2020-05-01 2019 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

We purchased our Momentum in April of 2019. This is our third toy hauler (so that folks know we are not new to the RV game). Let's start with what is good about it. Just about everything. We did our research and looked for over 2 years b4 landing on the 399TH. What we did differently this time was made sure everything about the toy hauler worked for US. We ignored all the bells and whistles when walking through the campers we looked at and focused on whether or not this camper would accommodate our needs. The 399TH won. We also spent a great deal of time researching the manufacturer's reputation. Have we had problems with our 399TH? OF COURSE WE HAVE!! And don't be foolish enough to think you won't. There are some truths about the RV industry that we have learned the hard way. 1). No RV you buy will be defect free, GD included. Get with that up front. If you are not willing to agressively pursue the dealership you bought it from and the manufacturer, then unless you are mechanically inclined and can fix stuff yourself, think carefully about whether or not this is for you. 2). Make no mistake, as soon as you drive your pride and joy off the lot, the dealership is done with you. Here is where GD has excelled with us. We have had THE best warranty experience with them ever. But lets be clear here..while GD has been awesome and authorized all the warranty work, we CANNOT say good things about our repair experience with our dealership and GD cannot control that. I won't detail what was/is wrong with our Momentum but I will tell you this...none of it is major. Overall, we are very pleased with quality of our RV. 3). Quality is hit or miss in the RV industry. One of the things that drew us to GD was their "comprehensive final finish inspection". A rigorous 288+ point inspection checklist they said in their brochure. Let's just say that THAT process clearly needs some work. 4). Yep, there are issues with RV manufacturers but the bigger issue is this...once you've bought it, there is NOONE advocating for the RV consumer's rights. The RV industry has all the power. You have to hope the manufacturers stand by what they tell you and put in writing. So far, GD has done that. We would certainly buy another GD...hands down. Do we think something that costs more than the car I drive and the one ton diesel that pulls our 399TH together should be defect free? Well of course we do!! But, we are realistic. We hope you enjoy your GD as much as we enjoys ours.
- Michelle Robles, Colorado

2020-04-24 2017 Grand Design Momentum 376TH View Listings

burn up breaks and drums from dealer to home about 75 miles,not bad first trip, then i went to ark, dead battery there, so we went to Nashville, both front window blew out, then we went to wv,another dead battery..i stay there 4 month, another dead battery, so we came home,on our way home we had no breaks, so i call G,D, they said it was maintenance problem, so i put 4,000. worth hyd disc breaks, it will stop now, how all this for the first 9 month of owner ship,
- Mel Swisher, Florida

2020-04-23 2018 Grand Design Momentum 376TH View Listings

We have owned 2 GD Momentums since 2016 both a 376th and 397, loved both units especially the 376th which we currently have, we can still take the motorcycle with us and enjoy the full size front living room making it feel more like home. We plan to full time it in 2 years. The only issue we had with both units which has been identical is the dining slide did not function properly, dealers and private RV repair companies were unable to make then function properly when going in and out, the 397 was worked on for same issue 5 times with no success. As for the rest of the units the floor plan is great, plenty of storage and good value for what you pay for it. Would I recommend this brand yes as overall quality they are the best we found for toy haulers and we have looked at every one of them on the market. If GD could fix the slide issue they would be the best.
- James Nichols, New York

2020-04-11 2019 Grand Design Momentum 349M View Listings

This is the worst mistake we made buying a Grand Design product. Low end RV for a High end price. We paid for a king bed upgrade and it’s a fake king and a terrible cheap foam mattress. So if you want a new mattress you have to get custom made because of the size. The washroom with plastic sink and taps are a pretty low grade and shower hose and shower head is very cheap something you would find in a dollar store. Then the Lippert One Control for the kitchen and living room — they are trying make it high tech but why didn’t they include the bedroom and garage. They should of put switches in too , because when the one control quits you can’t do anything. Can’t roll the awning in or out turn hot water tank on or off water pump on or off turn the furnace off or on. Would like too see switches with the one control, would be a good system . We use the garage as the main entrance and there’s no light switches near the door so at night you are walking in the dark trying to find the light on the wall that’s over 5 feet up the wall. So if you are only 5 feet tall it’s hard to reach the right switch. Just like foam on the bed the foam mattress on the bunk and happy jacks bed are very cheap. The holding tanks are advertised as 105 gallons for grey which is impressive but they advertise that it is two tanks. 50 gallons for the kitchen sink and 55 gallons for the bathroom. So when you are dry camping which we do a lot of the bathroom grey water tank is full and the kitchen grey water tank is empty. Maybe not false advertising but sure is misleading. The ladder going to the roof is totally illegal the steps should be 12 inches apart not 15 inches. Grand Design have some good ideas but definitely not a high end toy hauler. Grand Design 349 M is $40.000.00 to $50,000.00 over priced. If you looking for a high end Toy Hauler look at a different brand stay away from Grand Design. I do not recommend this product.
- Ken Sasges, British Columbia

2020-02-06 2019 Grand Design Momentum 376TH View Listings

There were issues to work out as with any new camper. But to not even tighten the tiger clips on all the plumbing pipes? Roof was bad. Moulding falling off. Radio not working?Few other things that quality control didn't see. Went in shop June. Got camper back in Oct. My new camper depreciated in the shop waiting for parts? Manufacture I am ashamed. Alpin Haus dealer doluble shame.
- Mary, Massachusetts

2020-01-27 2019 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

The floor plan was exactly what we were looking for. the quality of the interior was better than other models we looked at. But the dealer you buy from makes a BIG difference. Grand Design recommended Pleasureland in Ramsey, Mn. They give us a great deal on the price and were very accommodating around delivery. The quality inspection we don't believe was completed by the dealer. There were several items we called out during our inspection/walk-through that didn't get fixed so we had to go back several times to get them fixed which was a pain. the parts they ordered where wrong even though we took pictures of what needed to be fixed. The biggest issue was the back locking latch for the toy hauler gate was broken and would not lock. they would not fix it without the part. so we sent them the part and they sent back the wrong part. So we sent that one back and have yet to get a new one. Needless to say we have switched dealers we are working with now. We have made it through and summer successfully without too many issues. We did run into the gas heat not working constantly when there is snow on the roof. Haven't figured out why yet. Also, be careful that your doors are actually latched. You can lock then with them not being latched due to ice in the door gasket.
- Bill & Jill Mesaros, Minnesota

2020-01-21 2020 Grand Design Momentum 376TH View Listings

Poor manufacturing quality. Missing to loose screws. Ac vents all 3overtightened and cracked. Shower leaks externally at doors. Rear propane fitting fell off and dragging on ground. Bedroom mattress the worst. Kitchen drawers falling out. Reviewed with warranty department they suggested hire someone to come out and repair. I am living in unit for 3 months and unable to leave at dealer. Very poor quality at workmanship. Magnets for holding side doors open do not line up. Bought in December in cold not able to look over. Would not have purchased
- RUSS bestler, Minnesota

2020-01-08 2020 Grand Design Momentum 397TH View Listings

Love our toyhauler have had 4 others before this different companies. Best warranty service on grand design. Love the quality, floir plan. Love this 5th wheel. When we had a problem in and out. Grand design service techs are superb.
- Patricia richman, Florida