Grand Design Momentum RVs Reviews (32)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Momentum RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Richard J Ernst from Ohio says:

Have you owned any Grand Design Momentum RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

Overall we like our 399TH and we accept some of the simple fixes that usually come with a new camper. However, it seems like we have a list that wouldn't exist with proper QC: 1. The trailer arrived with the wrong interior. 2. The media chairs were mounted crooked and would get stuck on the window valance when reclined. 3. No hot water on city connection. We have to pull water from the tanks to heat it. 4. Half of the carpet in the loft wasn't even there. It just raw particle board exposed. I was told this was normal from my dealer! 5. Sliding door to the side porch is not square and the door doesn't close flush. 6. Garage glass door has a gap on one side, clearly not plumb. 7. Garage loft bed is not level. I have to push up on one side of the bed to place the locking pins in. I was told by my dealer there is nothing that can be done about it. I need to stand on a stool or use a pole to push the bed up while putting the pin in. 8. The porch enclosure tears a hole in the mesh when stowed for transport. The dealer said it's a design flaw. 9.Trailer was delivered with missing rubber keyhole covers. I was told they will not be covered under warranty even though it was delivered without them! 10. Batteries wont hold a full charge. 12.5V is the highest they will charge. The dealer is currently looking at that. 11. The door would unlatch even when locked under transport. The closed grab handle is the only thing keeping the door closed. I'm told the door isn't aligned with the latch catch properly. 12.Power converter was advertised as a 75W but a 65W was put in. 13. Kitchen slide does not close flush to the unit. 14. Fuel tank gage is backwards and reads the level in the opposite tank. There are also three options we paid for but wish we didn't and we feel a little deceived: 1. The king bed upgrade is not a true king, it's 6 inches narrower than a actual king. We upgraded so I could use our Tempurpedic mattress for my back only to find out later that I paid for the king size option and it won't fit my actual sized king. I now have to buy a queen Tempurpedic to replace the stock mattress but the queen mattress is too small to fill the fake king size platform. Basically I paid for an option I can't use and on top of that I need to spend even more money because of it. Stick with the queen unless you plan on keeping the horrible stock mattress! 2. The so called removable carpet kit for the garage area is a joke! It is literally a roll of felt that isn't even cut to fit the garage(see pic)! We had the understanding it was carpet that matched the carpet in the rest of the trailer. We at least got a small piece of carpet for the door step.The option should be title "unmeasured/uncut removable felt" because it is definitely not carpet! Buy a remnant instead from Lowes or Home Depot, it will be actual carpet and it will be cheaper too! 3. The optional stairs for the ramps have been useless for us. We have yet to find an area that once you get leveled the stairs will reach the ground, even with the legs fully extended(see pic). I have to use wood blocks to place under the legs even on a hard level surface. The only time they work properly is on a flat level surface without the leveling jacks extended(like at an RV show)! The side porch stair mounts were not measured properly and the stairs will not mount evenly because of them. I'm waiting for my dealer to see what they can do with that. I would love to have my money back for these useless options. The camper is nice overall but there seems to be some deceiving with some options, intentional or not....research the options closely or you may not be getting what you think. This is our first camper and our lessons learned were expensive.
- Richard J Ernst, Ohio

2019-10-01 2020 Grand Design Momentum 376TH View Listings

Had nothing but trouble from First day. Rear awning would not extend fully day I bought and had to take camper back month later. Shower soaked floor first time I used and I had to caulk bottom rail of shower door. Furnace showed error code on control panel and had to take camper back to dealer. Now furnace making squealing noise and has to go back again! I would not recommend this brand to anyone!! Garage is excellent and is perfect for Harley Trike.
- John Morris, Colorado

2019-08-13 2019 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

We have not had a good experience. In fact, there are so many issues with our brand new Grand Design Momentum 399TH that I intended to launch a full internet campaign against Lazy Days RV and Grand Design RV. However, R.T. Kendall's messages recently reminded me that our Lord Jesus Christ teaches "total forgiveness". So instead, I will point out one disparity and then release the whole affair to God for His justice. Look closely at the attached pictures (pictures not available on this site). When I went online to get an insurance quote, I tried to insure my total investment; the value at number 2, the "bottom line" ($98,230.27). The website would not accept this value and a pop-up warning said it could not be insured for more than its retail value. I tried other values until I had to settle on the value at number 3 ($89,998). By this we know we paid full price. I assume the value at number 1 ($118,254) is used to make the buyer think he/she is getting a discount. There were NO discounts for us! Only the Devil's deception! Regardless of the poor rating represented by this review, there was one bright spot in our experience. That was our salesman, Bert Rios. Unlike most salespeople who do most of the talking and try to tell you what you want to buy, Bert listened intently to our concerns and guided us accordingly. God bless you, Bert!
- Dennis Brant , Arizona

2019-08-06 2017 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

The worst RV we have ever owned! Had a flat less then 10 miles from the dealer. First night the hot water heater didn't work screws were falling out everywhere.tank monitors have never worked Happy Jack bed frame pulled away from the wall the living room chair smelled like it was burning and stopped working! After only four months we had 27 different issues took it in for repairs and came out with seven new issues. took the unit to the manufacturing warranty department and they wrecked it. A disaster is all I can say! I will never buy another grand design!we bought the unit new in July of 2017
- R. Marioni, Texas

2019-08-03 2018 Grand Design Momentum 328M View Listings

We spent a combined total of over 24 hours on hold trying to get warranty work done on our Momentum, not receiving callbacks after numerous messages, multiple emails, parts sent to incorrect addresses... we finally received 2 reimbursement checks from Grand Design: only to cash them and have them bounce and being charged an additional amount for the privilege of receiving bad checks from Grand Design. Now we have to start the ENTIRE arduous process over again.... I strongly advise anyone considering buying a Grand Design product to consider their completely useless warranty process when making their decision. If I could give a negative 100 star rating for factory/warranty support, I would.
- Dawn Larson, Minnesota

2019-08-01 2019 Grand Design Momentum 376TH View Listings

Glad to find this site. Same problem with refrigerator not closing properly. The middle piece on double door not closing. Read about using washer on it and will try that. Other problem was the awning falling off side of rv. Had it extended and was inside and all the sudden the left side of the awning crashed down. Did call dealer as we purchased it on June 28th 2019 and this happened on July 13th 2019. Had no luck with dealer and finally found an rv place to come out to repair it. Looking at camper it is the left arm bent that comes out ver the dining slide out. Very disappointed!!!
- Andrew Kreuter Jr, Pennsylvania

2019-07-31 2017 Grand Design Momentum 376TH View Listings

After reading the other poor reviews it makes me feel a lot better knowing my sh**y brand new $95,000.00 2017 grand design 376TH isn’t the only one with major issues. Here’s some of the problems this brand new RV has. RV issues: Outside water hook up compartment leaks into basement area.  Bed motors struggle to raise bed Kitchen drawer has hole inside cabinet on the back wall behind the drawer causing basement heat and or cold to enter kitchen.  Lock latch on door inside the “outside” kitchen compartment is missing.  Bottom of shower door leaks near sink. I caulked everything in hopes of resolving issue. My friends 2016 has same issue.  Refrigerator drain drips everywhere inside fridge despite no obstruction or drain plug outside or in drain line/pan.  I replaced everything and after noticing the drain pan over flowing into the outside fridge slide compartment floor which is now rotted out I rerouted the drain tube. Living room window couch screen liner is not in all the way around screen.  Air gap at entrance door/visible light entering around edges. Poor seal.  Generator won't auto transfer switch power. I contacted Jr at the dealership I drove 8 hours to pick this thing up and ultimately gave up because they were worthless so I contacted grand design which grand design was extremely helpful and overnighted a transfer switch but I still wasted a day removing all the contents of the storage compartment and also the inside walls to swap the transfer switch out myself.  JR promised to send filters/light strip, transfer switch etc. after multiple times contacting it became a lost cause so I gave up and just wrote a bad review. The Outside entertainment center sound does not connect to the outside tv. My friends 2016 has the same issue.  The Fridge door won't shut fully when closed. Inside divider rubbing bottom of fridge.  Black and gray water tank sensors do not read properly. They will read full even after being rinse Many times and drained. Led Light strip behind tv doesn't work. Another thing I spoke to JR about which he was going to ship me a new strip but after multiple attempts to solve the issue I ended up giving up.  Shower drain did not work. I Disconnected everything Under shower pipe and replaced the piece that keeps air from coming back up pipe. Shower now drains most of the time.  Generator door latch is not right and the generator compartment can’t lock. Passenger side compartment turn latch just spins 360 degrees continually.  Passenger side couch is slanted (how the hell does that happen?). Couch does not sit flat and yes I’m aware it’s a pull out bed but the problem is the couch rear feet aren’t level. Entertainment center radio comes on randomly so we make sure the volume is all the way down so we don’t get woken up at 3am by what seemed like a ghost for the first couple weeks we owned the rv. Wiring issue with entertainment center including lights and sound system. Lights/ radio sometime stay on or cut on by themselves. Yes the lights too...wtf trim in basement drivers side rear storage door and inside coach is not installed properly, staples/glued to hold it in place.  (You can’t staple right? Lol. Does the manufacturer have 3 year olds putting these things together!!?) Bottom Grey water tank valve handle won't go in fully and the walls holding the valve handles aren’t secured so you gotta use one hand to hold the wall and another to push or pull the valve.   Kitchen Oven door does not close fully. We use a folding ladder pushed against the door when we use the oven. Living room small window on drivers side screen rubber messed up from the factory. 49 hours on the generator and the fuel pump broke so I replaced that. The air conditioners leak water. All three. The problem is I work a lot. Many many hours a week and I bought a $95,000.00 dollar rv thinking I would just have a big payment and not worry with having to fix stuff. But now I have a payment and a weekend repair list. It’s bs. Run away! This is just what I felt like writing down. There’s so many issues with this piece of s**t. We will never buy another grand design. Honestly grand design should give me about $65,000.00 of my $95,000.00 back. This rv might be worth $30 grand. I hope this helps people.
- Ben Johnson, Georgia

2019-07-07 2018 Grand Design Momentum 351M View Listings

Grand Design has been nothing but amazing from their customer service to the quality of their product. We’ve loved every moment since purchasing our trailer and are glad we decided to purchase a Grand Design over a different manufacturer.
- Vivienne, Texas

2019-02-17 2018 Grand Design Momentum 376TH View Listings

I've have leaks in the living room slides since I purchased it 18 months ago doesn't matter if the slides are in or out. The carpet is always wet now the molding has black mold on it.the wife get sick every time we try to use it.Its been in the shop about 8 times for this problem And when we call we get the run around this is BS for what this unit cost.
- Louis Defrancisco, Oregon

2018-12-26 2019 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

to start off they are vary heavy to tow. the double door fridg is junk the flap on the door didnt close so i had to take the doors off install washers to raise them to clear the bottom and file the bottom of the flap and it still does not close all the time. i had someone come and look at it cost $100 did nothing and it still dont get cold enough. doors in the rest of the 5th wheel needed adjustment, the monitor on the cabinet for turning just about everything on and off is a real joke for the lights,thermostat,heat awning,a/c etc. you have to go through the hole routine to get anything to work. now the awning gets stuck and sometimes it wont go in or out for no reason so we cant even use it anymore im gone have to get in to the wiring to see if i can fix it. now 1 of the hydraulics is leaking really bad im having some one come to look at it im tired of working on and putting money in this brand new peace of s***. i have had 4 other new campers none gave me any problems like this one and we have only had it for 3 months
- Jack, Michigan

2018-11-19 2018 Grand Design Momentum 376TH View Listings

This is our 4th new fifth wheel toy hauler and by far been the best. Not only is the floor plan great with the garage hidden under the master bedroom offering more space above but Grand Design has been the absolute best in customer service! Between emailing and/or calling I've received either replacement parts or been reimbursed to fix things which is really handy when you live over 100 miles to a dealer.
- Pat Thompson, Colorado

2018-08-19 2016 Grand Design Momentum 350M View Listings

I regret purchasing the Grand Design Momentum 350M. Grand Design does NOT stand behind their product. This RV will make news for safety issues not being addressed, it’s a fire hazard waiting. I’m looking for anyone that has a similar issue of a DRY ROTTED FUEL LINE... The leaking fuel line runs the entire length of the toy hauler against the frame rail and the belly is completely enclosed with foam sealant and winter weather protection. I’ve contacted the place of purchase Windish RV in Longmont CO and they passed me onto Grand Design directly. I talked to Joe Charles the warranty manager at Grand Design and without investigating into my claim, he says “this will probably be a maintenance item”.. I asked him to explain how does he come up this possibly being a maintenance item? This is clearly a fire hazard having a leaking gas line on the toy hauler. There’s not a place in our country that would allow you to occupy a dwelling with a leaking gas line. The estimate from the shop to make the necessary repairs for the dry rotted fuel line is over $2k and that’s not including any gas soaked items not seen. I have consulted with an attorney, and if Grand Design refuses to stand behind their unsafe RV, I will make a spectacle of them in court.
- Mike , Colorado

2018-07-05 2016 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

Best Rv and Manufacturer experience. Simplicity with and the modern amenities to make you feel at home away from home. Comfortable and spacious. Peace of mind while enjoying quality time with the family. Not working the whole time. Would definitely recommend and would purchase it again in a heartbeat! ?
- Brett Guillory, Louisiana

2018-06-27 2016 Grand Design Momentum 350M View Listings

Worse camper ever owned. Quality terrible. Grand design would not stand behind warranty. Tires terrible. Had blow out just about caused major wreck. Had problems with axle. Grand design kept saying leeper axles the problem. Had problems with generator. Never have identified what problem is. One thing that is dependable. The payment every month.
- Cash, Kentucky

2018-02-04 2018 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

Really wish we had not gone with this RV. The quality of the interior is subpar. There is absolutely no quality control at Grand Design and I know this because we have had 4 major issues since purchase 6 months ago that would not have happened had they had a QA department. Never again.
- Dana Puckett, Texas

2017-12-19 2017 Grand Design Momentum 376TH View Listings

We have a late 2017 model which seems to have addressed many of the issues with the 2016 and early 2017 models. Our problems have been very minor but most importantly quickly and fully addressed by GD 1 the switch for the fader lights in the front hatch area caused the lights to fade on and off on their own. GD sent us new switches and no issues after a quick install. I understand this was a defect is some of the switches from the parts manufacturer. Washer hot water hose was cut short and rubbed a hole in the line. GD authorized a fix and local authorized tech out in had it fixed quickly fixed Front door has warp and has to be slammed to. Lose. Just reported last week and GD working with local shop for replacement. We had a all day rain the other day and were concerned about leaks. No leaks anywhere and very pleased. We have the myRV system and really like the option to run the trailer from the phone ap. I works great and makes things very easy to control while watching to make sure Jacks, slides and awnings are deploying and control lights from phone when coming home at night. So far very pleased with the unit as a fifth wheel. We are aware that things are going to be lighter when possible but the areas that are heavy use like drawers, doors etc are built heavier than others areas to balance out weight options With the garage and the storage available it is easy to overload the rig and it does pull heavy. We pull with a 1 ton 3500 Chevy dually and have no problems. Having the garage under the bed does beg a few compromises. In the bedroom there is a queen bed and little space to get dressed in, but it is a compromise we made to be able to have our bike with us for long term travels and still feel like a residential unit. Overall we are very pleased with the trailer and have very positive experiences with GD standing behind their product Tim
- Tim Brewer, Arizona

2017-12-18 2014 Grand Design Momentum 355TH View Listings

It's a good camper. Tires are junk from the factory, stickers on the front of the camper started peeling off after the first year. The observation camera barely works, cuts in and out so bad it's not worth using. Other than that it's a well built camper with no problems.
- Robert , Wyoming

2017-12-18 2017 Grand Design Momentum 349M View Listings

If I was GD, I wouls never use plastic sink/toilet fixtures again. I would find a different supplier for the theater seating. I would check all axles in stock and replace bad units prior to manufacture. I would assign one unit to each technician for final inspection and display their signature on a form for use by the customer for problems. This makes that employee responsible for that unit. You might be able to figure who is not doing their jobs properly by doing this. I wouldn’t want MY name on a poor unit. I would provide training to all dealers on proper PDI. We had many responses of “I don’t know” on ours. Make up a short video on the special differences for that model and send it to the dealers. Any dealership that will not provide warranty work because the unit was not purchased there should be fined or dropped. That is really bad form! Why doesn’t GD sell direct to the public? Why not have a new dealership owned by GD nearby? I think a lot of people would really like this idea. Have a handfull of “field inspectors” to go and help people get problems sorted out? You could have a few per sections of the country, pay them for time worked and expenses.
- Paul Warner, Colorado

2017-12-18 2017 Grand Design Momentum 349M View Listings

- Paul Warner, Colorado

2017-12-18 2014 Grand Design Momentum 355TH View Listings

- Robert , Wyoming

2017-11-08 2017 Grand Design Momentum 395M View Listings

I would recommend running away, to another brand. We have owned our 395m for about 7 months. Something breaks about once a week, leaks, doors hung wrong and so on, with a major issue every other month, refrigerator took 2 months in service, now the water heater and that was after they 'fixed'the first round of problems. I will never buy another grand design and would absolutely not recommend anyone else to get one. We have had some luck getting grand design to approve repairs but it takes forever and God forbid it is a sub part, then you have to go thru that supplier service. It doesn't help that something else breaks right away. Never again. Horrible quality. Have to add air bags to help the bucking during towing. If I had the money I would go buy something else and drop this thing off at the nearest junkyard.
- Cindy packer, Texas

2017-06-17 2017 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

We love the 399th except for the deception by dealer. Dealer told us unit included "my rv". This was not included. Told us the unit had 160 gal fresh water tanks. Wrong again we metered the water and the unit holds 109 gallons. GD customer service was ok but our dealer service was horrible. They acted like they were doing us a favor by fixing issues with coach. At this point we feel we may have made a mistake purchasing the momentum 399th.
- Jeff, Arizona

2017-06-17 2017 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

- Jeff, Arizona

2017-03-12 2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH View Listings

I'm the second owner of my Momentum and have had nothing but problems with it since I've owned it. It has had numerous water leaks. I took it to a repair vessel to get the recall fixed on the suspension. I had the shop check a spoagy spot in my floor in front of my pantry. They called me and told me I had bad water damage in the floor . I got a estimate and it was $16,000 to repair it.
- Elwood Sickler , New Jersey