Grand Design Momentum M-Class RVs Reviews (18)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Momentum M-Class RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Dean johnson from Pennsylvania says:

Have you owned any Grand Design Momentum M-Class RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 349M View Listings

We purchased a momentum 349m . We ordered it so we could have the way we wanted it full body paint and all . Well this has been the biggest disappointment of any rv we have ever owned . They base there whole advertising format on quality and 250 point inspection. I would terminate the people doing the inspection if this is true . So the camper was built and delivered , we’re going through inspection and the paint finish is terrible looked nice from a distance. You get up close fish eyes , spots and runs in the finish every where. So the take it back to Indiana and repaint it , it takes six weeks !!! They supposedly do another inspection. We go pick the camper up looks good . Now we’re ready for camping . Turn on ac the one doesn’t work at all . Take it back to dealer there was a ground wire not connected ( thought we had this 250 point inspection process ) oh and by the way the dealer is seventy miles from our house . Now our first camping trip , extend the awning and led light doesn’t work in main awning ( thought we had this 250 point inspection process ) . There wasn’t cable access in camp ground so we rented a dvd awesome picture on tv we have the Rockford sound system upgrade and it sounds good one hour into the movie picture freezes ( unbelievable) eject it and now it will not load let it cool down or whatever it needs to do several hours then it will play . It did this for four nights and four different dvds , the the hot water handle on bath faucet started making terrible squeaking noise ( plastic junk ) none of our other campers did this . Had to take it back to dealer to get repaired on the way back left rear tail light on camper quit working probably a poor wiring connection. So we have owned the rv for four months and it had been at the dealer or manufacturer for seven weeks and counting , this is very disappointing and misleading when the format is based on quality and inspection process , that was why we bought the rv on that advertisement and paid for it in full .we have had more problems with this camper then all of our other campers combined this is our sixth one . My personal experience should have stayed with a keystone product oh well .
- Dean johnson, Pennsylvania

2019-11-22 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 395M View Listings

I bought my brand new trailer in April, 2019. It has been back to the dealer a couple of times. Before it even left my driveway for its first camping trip, the generator quit. While we were camping, the rear awning flew off the rig! There was nothing more than a very gentle breeze. Another Momentum owner came over and said his did the same thing. The small screws are not enough to hold it on. I found our pantry under water. I decided to remove the 4 screws to the access panel inside and found mold growing inside the wall. Water also got into the furnace and caused it to quit. The water was coming from a loose pipe to the shower faucet. I realized that I must fix things myself unless I want to permanently park it at the dealer. The refrigerator also quit. The ceiling in the bedroom leaked in the last rain storm. The wall covering next to the kitchen sink is loose. The black tank cable to the rear bathroom is seized so I can't drain the tank. Ugh! The list just goes on and on. On the plus side, it appears to be well set up for camping in cold weather. I've had some nights down to 12 degrees Fahrenheit with no issues. A lack of cabinets in the garage has me bewildered. I added some. The dealer sometimes doesn't get things right the first time so I've learned to just repair this myself as much as possible.
- Eric Lang, New York

2019-05-18 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 351M View Listings

This camper has an awesome layout! The island is very functional and we could sit comfortably at it on the bar stools, whether eating dinner or drinking a beer. It has beautiful colored led lighting, inside and out, that you can adjust for any mood, and the fireplace adds an exceptional bit of warmth, literally and figuratively. It is very well insulated, and I never had a problem with condensation on the windows or walls, on those cold mornings, unlike other campers. The 1/2 bath in the garage is a bonus. It comes in handy for company. We replaced the mattress of course, wasn't even comfortable to sit on. The shower is great, didn't have to turn it off to conserve hot water. The microwave quit, but it's getting replaced by the dealer and grand design. Had a hydrolic leak, and some problems with the one touch control system, but had repair guys come to our campground to fix it and GD reimbursed us for every penny. We did have a problem with the norcold fridge not getting cold enough, condensation build up and ice build up, Norcold was being a pia, so we just took it to our dealer when we got home, to let them deal with them. Overall I would say it's not like a camper, its more like a small home. Oh ya, when we first picked it up I forgot to grab my coffee cup off the counter, but when we got home it was sitting right where I left it!
- Carol, Michigan

2019-04-28 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class G21 View Listings

Traded a Palomino 201ss travel trailer for a G21 toy hauler...researched walked thru so many smaller toy haulers ... Grand Design makes the best of all !! Highest quality in every way! So very happy with our purchase.. picked it up & immediately headed to the camp ground..
- Kenneth & Kimberly MacNicol , Tennessee

2019-04-06 2017 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 398M View Listings

very satisfied with my purchase little dealer little prices was very informative and beat all the competition price wise would recommend buying from them again to all my friends! i am very excited to start traveling with my new travel trailer!!
- Sue Mennenga, Arizona

2018-12-06 2017 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 328M View Listings

Love this floor plan. We use it as long term living when our house is on Air BnB. Lots of issues getting a full house inverter installed by the dealer. Unit arrived with brakes burned out. Lots of issues with Lippert components. Awning mounting bolts missed structure. Mattress was junk. Too bad the components are not as good as the structure. My Heartland Riad Warrior never had so many growing pains. Still love the M3 though after working through these growing pains.
- Dieter Cramer, British Columbia

2018-11-09 2017 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 349M View Listings

Like any new RV we had a few issues. The the first issue was with the second water tank not filling completely. We weren’t comfortable going to [Dealer] to get the work done, Grand Design was completely ok with us going wherever we were comfortable to get the work done and covered parts and labor promptly no questions asked. The second issue was with a faulty suspension spring, this was after our warranty was expired, they paid for parts and labor replaced both springs, upgraded both sides quickly no questions asked. Their rep called and emailed to make sure we were happy. We love our 349M and continue to make memories that will last a lifetime. I will never purchase another brand.
- Chris Lapham, California

2018-10-20 2015 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 350M View Listings

Put deposit to buy this rv at [Dealer]. and after 3 day [Dealer] says roof has to be replaced. So going to sell wholesale since about 12,000 for roof, 3500 for plexiglass repair, and awning and awning arm needs replacing. Lemon
- John , Louisiana

2018-08-01 2017 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 349M View Listings

My husband and I bought a brand new 2017 Grand Design Momentum August of 2017. Have less than 4000 miles on the tires that came on the RV. We went on vacation and two of the tires lost their tread doing a lot of damage under the camper. Both tires were still holding air and we were able to get to a safe place to put on the spare. The hydraulics system is shot, not to mention the hole that has exposed the hoses and the cracked and bent fender. We had to not only stop to buy a spare tire, but had to buy stabilizers because the ones on the camper were useless. My husband and I have been in the tire/tire repair business for a combined total of more than 50 years. The tires were properly inflated and were not running hot, we checked several times during the drive. We don’t take chances with the safety of our family. I wonder if the owners and officers of Grand Design would pull a 5th wheel with these tires. The second tire that lost its tread, we had just stopped and checked the tires. There was no outward sign that the tire was defective. Found out from the dealer and Grand Design that the damage these cheap and in my opinion defective tires caused is not covered in any way. Grand Design told us we would have to talk to the tire company that they got the tires from. Guess what, they will only cover the tires and the wheels if damaged. I don’t think I want to put the same tires on the camper. Also found out the extended warranty that the dealer sold us that they told us would cover tire damage, does not. My suggestion is to not buy Grand Design. They do not stand behind their product. If you do buy, upgrade the tires. We were lucky it didn't cause a wreck and the tread did not hit other cars. I am not going into detail about the other many problems that we have had with the camper. We took it to the dealer to repair and they had the camper for weeks and still did not fix a number of the problems. This is posted on Grand Design’s website. At Grand Design our goal is simply…Continue leading the industry with quality products while improving the customer’s RV experience before, during, and after the sale. We would be honored to personally welcome you to the Grand Design family! Maybe they should read this more often!!!!!
- Anita, Kansas

2018-01-09 2016 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 350M View Listings

We love it. We've owned others and we're convinced Grand Design Toy Haulers are the best combination of fun and luxury. The garage offers so many options beyond just otir cycle storage. We love the converted patio. So do the pets. The kitchen has great storage with very nice finishes. Compares to your home. Pantry is wonderful and the side by side fridge is awesome. Not your typical RV fridge. Pulls very nice. I have an F250 with an air ride system. Pull into any camp site and be the envy of the camp.
- Larry, Tennessee

2017-12-18 2017 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 388M View Listings

don't know yet , we bought it spent 2 days transfering our things from old to new.towed from tampa to avon park fla. put it in storage november. go back early feb. pick it back up . and start camping. in pa till after christmas...can't wait
- gary waite, Pennsylvania

2017-12-18 2017 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 349M View Listings

Love out 349m. Thankfully I have an engineer minded husband who understands how things are supposed to work, which is good as the walk through with dealer was grossly inadequate. I think the dealerships (any dealership,any brand) should have to prove they “know” the product before they can carry them.
- Shiena Warner, Colorado

2017-12-07 2017 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 398M View Listings

We purchased our 398-M in March of 2017..It is now December 2017 and in has been in for repairs after every trip that we have used it. At this time we have used it 6 times. It has spent over 6 months total in the repair shop. We have had problems with the refrigerator, heating system, air conditioning system, charging system, trim falling off inside, lights falling off outside, shower leaking, rear beds fell off the walls, blinds fell off, tires blowing, power switching from generator to battery power, and any more items. We would not recommend this product to anyone. We spent almost a $100,000 and the dealer knowing the problems with ours will only give us $50,000 for it. They know that it is a lemon and do not want it back in their hands. They said that they could not resale it due to all of the repairs made and it’s repair history.
- Robert Vinson , Nevada

2017-12-07 2017 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 398M View Listings

- Robert Vinson , Nevada

2017-12-02 2016 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 350M View Listings

THIS camper no better than rest of them out there. Ihave problems today with the kitchen ceiling the paper on ceiling is letting loose. Trouble with the awning blowing out going down the road landing on roof. The side ladder going too roof unsafe. The steps are unsafe should be 4 steps instead of 3.
- Dianne Kelding, Iowa

2017-09-20 2017 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 349M View Listings

We really like the layout and the roominess. On the first trip out we found that the rear grey water tank release handle could not be opened, and the oven is not level ,even when the trailer has been leveled. we had 12 warranty items after only 2 trips. Mike Thompson RV. has had the trailer for 3 weeks and still does not have the parts. One of the cheep Chinese tires threw the entire tread , but did not go flat. No sign of road hazard but no one will pay me for the tire. Not happy with service. They give mostly excuses.
- Jerry Cleveland, California

2017-06-26 2015 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 328M View Listings

Please do not get suckered into one of these. We took it out for 5 trips and had issues on every 5 trips. 2 of the 5 we had to have a service tech meet us at the RV park, and one of those they had to tow the camper back to the dealership themselves. None of the warranties are transferrable to a second owner, so buyer beware.
- Bill, Louisiana

2017-03-07 2016 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 348M View Listings

Very large space. We have had. 6 adults slept very comfortably. The deck option is great for your morning coffee. Watching the football game outdoors is a plus. Easy tie downs for the toys. Only thing I would change is the rear awning. You have to figure it out it's not real easy.
- Debra Clepper, Minnesota