Grand Design Momentum M-Class

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Momentum M-Class RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Dean johnson from Pennsylvania says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 349M View Listings

We purchased a momentum 349m . We ordered it so we could have the way we wanted it full body paint and all . Well this has been the biggest disappointment of any rv we have ever owned . They base there whole advertising format on quality and 250 point inspection. I would terminate the people doing the inspection if this is true . So the camper was built and delivered , we’re going through inspection and the paint finish is terrible looked nice from a distance. You get up close fish eyes , spots and runs in the finish every where. So the take it back to Indiana and repaint it , it takes six weeks !!! They supposedly do another inspection. We go pick the camper up looks good . Now we’re ready for camping . Turn on ac the one doesn’t work at all . Take it back to dealer there was a ground wire not connected ( thought we had this 250 point inspection process ) oh and by the way the dealer is seventy miles from our house . Now our first camping trip , extend the awning and led light doesn’t work in main awning ( thought we had this 250 point inspection process ) . There wasn’t cable access in camp ground so we rented a dvd awesome picture on tv we have the Rockford sound system upgrade and it sounds good one hour into the movie picture freezes ( unbelievable) eject it and now it will not load let it cool down or whatever it needs to do several hours then it will play . It did this for four nights and four different dvds , the the hot water handle on bath faucet started making terrible squeaking noise ( plastic junk ) none of our other campers did this . Had to take it back to dealer to get repaired on the way back left rear tail light on camper quit working probably a poor wiring connection. So we have owned the rv for four months and it had been at the dealer or manufacturer for seven weeks and counting , this is very disappointing and misleading when the format is based on quality and inspection process , that was why we bought the rv on that advertisement and paid for it in full .we have had more problems with this camper then all of our other campers combined this is our sixth one . My personal experience should have stayed with a keystone product oh well .
- Dean johnson, Pennsylvania

2021-09-12 2018 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 350M View Listings

This is a very well built RV/Toy Hauler. We lived in ours for 8 months in the winter in an RV Park and were very comfortable. The fireplace allowed us to use the parks electricity to keep the place warm without using so much propane. Having the garage/2nd bedroom was a blessing as it gave an additional room for privacy as well as a large dining area. We were able to take long showers with the larger capacity water heater. The built in vacuum cleaner system made it convenient to keep the floors clean and not use up space for a separate vacuum. There is lots of storage space in the kitchen, bedroom and bathrooms.
- Susan Iovino, Oregon

2021-06-24 2018 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 350M View Listings

Well built unit, tows ok but I need a bigger truck. HaHa. Nice design except for the lack of underneath storage. We like the 350M Momentum for is size and livability. Lots of room for the two of us. Not so much when the grandkids come, but we can handle it.
- George Wilson, New York

2021-04-17 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 397 View Listings

Great Rig well taken care of with all the added features you would want in a Toyhauler or to live in full-time. Plenty of storage with heated tanks and basement. Large panoramic windows in main living area gives it a open large feeling. Nice island with double sink and plenty of storage. Side awnings all have sunshades. Deck has exterior stairs and large garage has it’s own full bath also has 3 season doors.
- Jo McNamee, Illinois

2021-04-15 2017 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 398M View Listings

This 5th wheel has been amazing for our family. With the size it made it comfortable to get out of the weather as needed on our trips. Enjoy coffee on the couch with the fireplace going. All with the ability of 4 tv's for everyone to have options.. kids, friends! I
- Kristy Cox, California

2021-04-15 2018 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 388M View Listings

We bought ours new and have had it 3 years. We upgraded ours with 8 T-105 batteries and a 3000 watt inverter. We boondock a lot out west, Colorado, Arizona and all places in between. It is an awesome Rig and no complaints. Lots of storage and we haul a 4 seat side by side in the 14’ garage. I believe it’s hands down the best toy hauler on the market today!!!
- Robert Chipps, Missouri

2021-04-08 2018 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 349M View Listings

I love this RV and there is nothing I would change about it. I have owned other brands, and Grand Design is by far the best. Grand Design Customer service is always top-notch and you couldn't ask for more than that. They really respect and value the customer after the purchase experience.
- Amanda Varga, Michigan

2020-11-01 2016 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 350M View Listings

Our Grand Design Momentum 350 was a delight to own! We enjoyed the whole make-up of the toy hauler, and we were sad to see it leave. We certainly made great memories that will last a lifetime in our RV.
- Joe, Ohio

2020-09-25 2017 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 349M View Listings

Purchased our rig after great feedback from friends who own a Momentum. First 5th wheel ever! Writing review so people can see positives. Most people only post negative reviews. I wanted to make sure I spread the positive feedback. We don't regret it at all. Family of 6, a teen, 2 young boys and a baby. So you know we are putting it to good use. Typically we are at the sand dunes. Lots of dry camping. We pull onto the sand just fine. We let air out in our tires both truck and trailer. It can definitely be a bumpy ride when pulling in the sand so I expect things to move around or loosen up. We have only had the curtain cover frame around the slides come loose. Fixed easily. Traded in a Silverado for a 2020 GMC 3500 Sierra, Diesel. Pulls effortlessly. Overall the only thing we had to fix besides the curtain frames was on the shower. We just added extra sealant to the glass rail to avoid leaks. Also the kitchen curtain won't pull up anymore. We will fix later. Bed licks so we upgraded the mattress with a tempurpedic mattress topper. Life savor. Our 349m is a 2020. I absolutely love it. An awesome buy for an active family. We can fit 3 adult quads and 2 90's in the garage. A 12.5 ft side by side easy. The hydraulic system makes the rig! Generator is loud but what isn't. 3 AC units for hot summers pretty cool. Heater heats up entire trailer except garage... Tanks are usually off but you get used to it. When camping with full hook ups, it's a great time. No problems with internal systems or hook ups. This was a decision between a Raptor 415 and the 349m. Very happy with our our purchase.
- Dune Family, Washington

2020-09-07 2015 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 328M View Listings

Have owned the unit since new and been extremely impressed with the build quality that Grand Design put into the toy hauler along with how livable the space is and how easy it is to tow. Would definitely recommend for this to anyone looking for a high quality towable (toy hauler or not).
- Chad Brumit, Texas

2020-08-21 2016 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 328M View Listings

I bought this thinking it was a good toy hauler.Four years later I am putting over $3000 in upgrades to worn out and broken springs, three blown tires. Now I find out I can’t even put heavier tires on these rims. Warranty and corporate office response was it meets specs, but yet they no longer put lippert axles on them. They claim gross weight on this is 16500. The spring shop that’s been in business for years said it had 3400lb springs. The camper is maxed out at all the time with my Harley in the back and a half tank of water. And you should know if you are putting a golf cart in there you can add another 300 lb in weight. There answer was always it meets specs. Very dissatisfied with the suspension, if your looking for a toy hauler think twice about this one or any other that doesn’t at least have G rated tires. I also do all my mechanic work so that has saved me a tun of money remember Rv shops have around a $180 an hour shop rate.
- Keith Richenberg, North Carolina

2020-08-18 2016 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 328M View Listings

We have been full-time for many years, the last 4+ have been with the Grand Design Momentum 328m Toyhauler. Our criteria when shopping is that kitchen, bath and bedroom can be accessed without having to extend slides but we want to take the Goldwing and now we have a side by side perfect for the garage. This Toyhauler and the manufacturer Grand Design has been excellent. Sure, there were a few bugs to work out (all of them have them) but being mechanically inclined and technical to talk with the Manufacturer to get through it, we've been extremely happy and Grand Design is the best at empowering the customer when things do come up. It's been a pleasure to enjoy our Grand Design for over 4 years since we bought it new. Roll on and Happy adventures.
- Brenda Jordan, South Dakota

2020-08-10 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 395M View Listings

We purchased this new from the dealer and we were told that it had been fully checked out and it was ready to go. That night stopped at the Sultan sea for the night and found that the ac in the bedroom didn't work.made it home the next day and hooked up everything. The refrigerator did not work also and water ran across the kitchen floor from under the bathroom wall, the propane water heater did not work either. I took it to the local dealer in Yuma for repairs after five weeks they called and said that it was ready and everything works. Took it home and hooked it up only to find that nothing was repaired and now the membrane by the bedroom ac was torn open. Called the dealer and was told that everything worked fine and that didn't damage the roof. Called grand design and they wanted me to take it back to the factory for repairs. Ended up fixing it myself. The refrigerator had a fan switch that wasn't connected to anything hooked that up now works. The propane water heater the 12 volt power supply wire had no connector on it repaired that now that works. Repaired the roof by the ac unit and found that the thermal coupler in the bedroom was never installed repaired that now it works. The water leak was from several loose connections around the shower fixed that and no more leaks. Grand Design has a 255 point check list they obviously don't do it. An 80k dollar pile of ready made grief.
- Dale Dykeman, Arizona

2020-08-09 2018 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 381M View Listings

BUYER BEWARE!!! I bought this RV back in 2017 it was a 2018 model Grand Design Momentum 5th wheel with ten foot toy hauler. We had nothing but trouble since buying it! The touch screen fails everytime we go out. Pushi ng the resent button does nothing!We cannot control the bedroom slide out, cannot control, lights,gages for gasoline, water tanks, grey and black tanks oh and the generator! You have to turn it on outside also the water pump! Batteries will not stay charged!! Then you cannot start the generator!! The app on our phones will not work now eaither!!! Do not buy with touch screen always insist on control switches! Also, the trailer is too high at 13.5ft it catches some of the large branches in the State Parks in Idaho also you cannot make the turns in the round abouts in the Federal Forest Parks!
- Ron Mroski, Idaho

2020-08-05 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 395M View Listings

Like many others we purchased our Grand Design based off the floor plan, nice looking interior, supposedly good warranty, and that it is touted as being a great RV for full timing. We had done our research and visited several dealers before making our decision. We saw many negative reviews for Grand Design, but to be honest every RV manufacture had the same including Keystone which we had owned previously with no problems. We don't take lightly leaving negative reviews for any business, but especially a smaller American family run business, however I really also hate to see any other families in our situation. *For those wanting the short version. On the first night out with our brand new 2019 Grand Design 395M that was purchased for full-time living we discovered the refrigerator, generator, shower, and back awning were all faulty and not functioning. It has been eight weeks and two dealers later and our RV still has not had one repair done. Grand Design really talks up their warranty and customer service departments but absolutely no action, it's clear their beautiful trailers are cosmetic only and they use crap parts to build, and the three authorized dealers we have dealt with so far (the one we purchased it from and the two we've had it at for repairs) are just as bad for customer service. This has been a nightmare purchase and at this point we are out $80,00 for something unusable and falling apart from literally day one and we will have to peruse a legal battle to recoup any money back.* We are a military family who decided we wanted to full time for our last assignment. We are tired of throwing our money away on rent and it's the only way we could afford to purchase an RV to use for our retirement in a couple years (we had sold our previous Keystone to move overseas). My husband had looked at many Grand Designs on trips back to the States and we were excited with the 395M floor plan. We found a dealer near Atlanta Georgia selling a new 2019 model with reduced price so they could make room for the 2020 models and thought we had found our home. There was a delay in us being able to pick it up because of Covid and we had to wait two months, but was assured it was ready for us to live in as we had made it very clear to the dealer that this would be our full time residence and that my husband only had one week to settle us in before leaving for five months of training. We drove the RV to our new base in Mississippi and that first night out the fridge wouldn't cool. We had no time to drive clear back to Georgia and hoped that it would be an easy fix so decided to take it to a Grand Design dealer near the area. The next morning before we could even get the trailer to the dealer the shower flooded and the generator wouldn't work either. That dealer had our RV for five weeks supposedly trying to make repairs but then told us they wouldn't work on it anymore since they weren't the selling dealer and we were getting frustrated with the lack of/and slow response from Grand Design warranty department. By this point my husband had left for training and my daughters and I had been homeless paying for hotels out of pocket and bumming on our college sons bedroom floor. When it became apparent that nothing would be solved I contacted a lawyer only to be told to file a Lemon Law Suit the manufacture has 60 days and two failed attempts to make repairs so we had my husband leave his training and fly out to move our trailer to another dealer in hopes of the repairs being done, they have had it three weeks and it's still not fixed. We have been eight weeks without the $80,000 RV we purchased to be our home! Also, during this time our son who is at college in Alabama had an accident while mountain biking and broke his back in six places, cracked several ribs, and collapsed a lung. After six days in the hospital he was released to our care, but I had no home to bring him too. We had to continue staying on the floor of his condo caring for him for three weeks which was really awkward since he has roommates! Now that he can move around more on his own my daughters and I are living in a nasty Motel 6 so we can still be close to help drive him to all his doctor appointments and therapies. I own a brand new $80,000 trailer that I should be able to move wherever I need and live in, except it's falling apart and has been in repair shops since the first night out! I also need to register my daughters for school that starts next week in Mississippi, but can't because I don't have a place to live. All our money is tied up in this new trailer and the new truck we purchased to tow it because we were going to full time so I don't have the money to even rent an apartment. What was supposed to be a smart financial decision has been an expensive nightmare. What was supposed to be a fun family experience has left us all anxious and stressed. All I can say is beware of Grand Design trailers.
- Meredith Kemp, Alabama

2020-07-21 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class G21 View Listings

Absolutely gorgeous rig! The cabinetry is beautiful, sturdy and well thought out. Lighting everywhere. The functions of the space work well for 2 people. When everything is tucked away the garage fit my harley davidson triglide with ease! The euro chairs are a wonderful touch as well. The bedroom is tiny with fold over rv queen, but has usb outlets on both sides! a very small dresser at the front of the rv with cabinets that don't function well and aren't easy to get to complete the bedroom. The bathroom has dual passthrough with sliding doors. Outdoor lighting and amazing sound complete the entertainment factor of this rig. It's great for two people- even though it could sleep 6 in a pinch. if being outdoor for everything except sleeping was what you're needing for more than 2 people than it's perfect!
- Tina Teat, Arizona

2020-05-04 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 381M View Listings

I purchased a 2019 Grand Design Momentum 381M from Little Dealer Little Prices in Mesa, AZ. Although this unit appears to be top notch quality upon walk throughs and inspections, I have had nothing but issues with this unit. I have had major water leaks, A/C issues, bad microwave, bad fireplace, bad control board with their One Touch system, and the rear heat duct fall off all within the first year and a half. I believe most of these issues were caused by the backplate of the furnace falling off, but because it was found just after the year mark Grand Design would not cover the damages even though I reported a very hot floor while it was within the first year. Not a good company to buy from in my opinion.
- Carlo, Arizona

2020-04-24 2018 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 381M View Listings

We bought our Grand Design with plans to haul a small two seat car to tour the country. We are not full timers but have spent 4 months at a time in the unit and really do like all of the features and dependability. We had the dealer install tie downs that are heavy enough to secure the 2300# car and it travels very well with the car in the garage. We have had a few problems with the unit; generator had to be repaired and leveling hydraulic system had to be replaced, the support to get those repaired was great. This can be aggravating but what complex system doesn’t have problems from time to time, the support that we got was great. I just wish there was a bit more underbelly storage and my wife wishes the garage had another foot in length so she could have her washer drier (the car is 13’ long and the garage is 15’). For a towable, we highly recommend Grand Design.
- Bill, Florida

2020-03-08 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 395M View Listings

When we first saw this Fifth Wheel we fell in love. We wanted something with LOTS of light and this FW has a ton of windows on both sides along with the back drop down it makes it super airy. Kitchen/living area has a ton of space. Kitchen has lots of counter space. We loved the back patio and garage space. Didn't have a toy until we bought this and purchased a golf cart to tote along and was plenty of space and easy to load. The Bedroom has king size bed which is nice (not a huge fan of odd size due to rounded headboard but know that's a norm. Tons of storage throughout. The only thing we weren't a fan of is the length. It's super long so beware of that - great for stopping and staying for awhile but not the easiest to stop and go.
- Megan McManus, Texas

2020-01-29 2020 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 351M View Listings

Don't buy a 2020 351M Grand Design Momentum from DIxie RV it could have killed my family. We had a Carbon-monoxide leak from the exhaust system of the generator. It leaked into our camper from the slide out while we were in the mountains dry camping. We purchased this camper the end of August and used it the middle of October. We have had multiple problems with it which some were repaired others not even addressed. Some repairs were done shoddy and now the slide doesn't align with the trailer. Grand Design say they can't duplicate the carbon monoxide leak in Louisiana however we were in the mountains in Colorado different altitude. However a simple smoke test we did when we got it home after they had it for 11 week and we only had it for 10 weeks showed the smoke was entering into the camper. We had multiple issue even with the hydraulic system going completely out on us and it would attach to our truck or once Lippert walked us through attaching it by overriding the system. Thank the lord we had tool and my husband is a mechanically inclined person we were able to attach it to our truck but we couldn't detach it until we brought it back to the dealership.We have problems with the water holding takings not registering 100% after trying to fill then for 30 plus minutes to be told the sensors were probably bad. We had the kitchen slide out to come out on the top twice while turning a corners trying to go up the mountain to reach our destination. To fix this issue they took off one of our slide out support brackets and bolted on another bracket an inch higher then the other one. Well doing this it took the body alignment out of place. To make a long story short DO NOT BUY a 2020 351M GRAND DESIGN MOMENTUM fro DIXIE RV you'll regret it. We now had to get an attorney involved because they will not do anything or have done shoddy work.
- Ashley Stapleton, Louisiana

2020-01-02 2018 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 350M View Listings

Alpin Haus have been terrible in customer service. I had leak repaired 3 or 4 times and they charged me for it. Livingroom slide out leaks occasionally. Lights on the front work for a short period of time and quit. The refrigerator quit on me in the middle of a 13,000 mile road trip, I could not get alpin Haus to call me for repairs or any call at all. I still have issues with the camper.I had problems with hotwater heater not working. That's about all I can think of right now. I think this is more than anyone should have with a rig this expensive :(
- Brigitte Roberts , New York

2019-11-22 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 395M View Listings

I bought my brand new trailer in April, 2019. It has been back to the dealer a couple of times. Before it even left my driveway for its first camping trip, the generator quit. While we were camping, the rear awning flew off the rig! There was nothing more than a very gentle breeze. Another Momentum owner came over and said his did the same thing. The small screws are not enough to hold it on. I found our pantry under water. I decided to remove the 4 screws to the access panel inside and found mold growing inside the wall. Water also got into the furnace and caused it to quit. The water was coming from a loose pipe to the shower faucet. I realized that I must fix things myself unless I want to permanently park it at the dealer. The refrigerator also quit. The ceiling in the bedroom leaked in the last rain storm. The wall covering next to the kitchen sink is loose. The black tank cable to the rear bathroom is seized so I can't drain the tank. Ugh! The list just goes on and on. On the plus side, it appears to be well set up for camping in cold weather. I've had some nights down to 12 degrees Fahrenheit with no issues. A lack of cabinets in the garage has me bewildered. I added some. The dealer sometimes doesn't get things right the first time so I've learned to just repair this myself as much as possible.
- Eric Lang, New York

2019-05-18 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 351M View Listings

This camper has an awesome layout! The island is very functional and we could sit comfortably at it on the bar stools, whether eating dinner or drinking a beer. It has beautiful colored led lighting, inside and out, that you can adjust for any mood, and the fireplace adds an exceptional bit of warmth, literally and figuratively. It is very well insulated, and I never had a problem with condensation on the windows or walls, on those cold mornings, unlike other campers. The 1/2 bath in the garage is a bonus. It comes in handy for company. We replaced the mattress of course, wasn't even comfortable to sit on. The shower is great, didn't have to turn it off to conserve hot water. The microwave quit, but it's getting replaced by the dealer and grand design. Had a hydrolic leak, and some problems with the one touch control system, but had repair guys come to our campground to fix it and GD reimbursed us for every penny. We did have a problem with the norcold fridge not getting cold enough, condensation build up and ice build up, Norcold was being a pia, so we just took it to our dealer when we got home, to let them deal with them. Overall I would say it's not like a camper, its more like a small home. Oh ya, when we first picked it up I forgot to grab my coffee cup off the counter, but when we got home it was sitting right where I left it!
- Carol, Michigan

2019-04-28 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class G21 View Listings

Traded a Palomino 201ss travel trailer for a G21 toy hauler...researched walked thru so many smaller toy haulers ... Grand Design makes the best of all !! Highest quality in every way! So very happy with our purchase.. picked it up & immediately headed to the camp ground..
- Kenneth & Kimberly MacNicol , Tennessee

2019-04-06 2017 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 398M View Listings

very satisfied with my purchase little dealer little prices was very informative and beat all the competition price wise would recommend buying from them again to all my friends! i am very excited to start traveling with my new travel trailer!!
- Sue Mennenga, Arizona