Grand Design Momentum G-Class Reviews on RV Insider (4)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Momentum G-Class RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Darin Carner from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2020 Grand Design Momentum G-Class 25G View Listings

What a piece of ****! Must have had my stupid glasses on when we decided on a grand design. We have 3 pages of a legal pad full of things that don’t work or are less than perfect. I would love to list them all. The construction quality inside looks like it just have been put together on a Friday afternoon, both ACs is not run at the same time, the Cummins 4000 won’t run the AC and anything else...let alone both of them. 30 amp service for 2 15 amp items. Stupid. Slides are growling like they are about to snap, the fold up bed system slept ok for 2 nights, now we need a new mattress. The trailer shakes and rattles EVERYTHING out of its stowed spots, the water tanks fill up then spill out 100 gallons 2 times so far the “pressurized” water system basically creates a sipening that cannot be stopped. All the “wood” work is wallpapered cardboard, all the trim is plastic and flimsy, cabinets also don’t close correctly ALL.... oh man I could go on and on but I just get more pissed off! Don’t waste your money on this company. They are THE WORST EVER!!
- Darin Carner, Oregon

2020-10-24 2021 Grand Design Momentum G-Class 21G View Listings

We purchased our 21G back in August. We've taken it on 5 local trips that total about 1000 miles. On the maiden voyage, screws and bolts were falling out of the Euro chairs. Two of the kitchen cabinet drawers were not in their tracks. The pocket door to the bathroom is warped resulting in rub marks. During the second trip, the microwave fell back out of its fitting. Third trip, we discovered water in the master bedroom and bathroom floor. Came to find out that the hoses behind the shower panel were not tight resulting in water leaking behind the panel and seeping thru beneath the shower basin. After fixing that issue ourselves, we checked the fittings under the bathroom and kitchen sinks and found they were also not tight. Thankfully my husband is mechanically inclined and was able to fix a lot of this ourselves. It is as if no quality checks were done before this thing got to us. You may be asking, why not just take it back to the dealer and have them fix all this under warranty. Here is the issue. We couldn't even get it in for service until a month after we called. When we took it in, it sat on the lot for 3 weeks. They fixed one item that was faulty when we initially bought it (fuel station pump handle leak). All the other issues we took it in for?? Nothing. They claimed they are waiting on authorization from Grand Design. It is now almost a month since we just went and took it back, issues still pending, and we still have no authorization. So the warranty is a bunch of BS. After our most recent trip, the clips that hold the glass panels in the back broke off. Luckily the glass panel itself didn’t break, but we now have that to add to the list. I will clarify that we aren’t doing any crazy off-roading with this thing. It seems even your standard local/highway travel is enough to bump everything loose. I will say that the floor plan and features are nice. It is small enough to easily tow, park, travel with, yet large enough to not feel like you are on top of one another. Overall, this has been a very frustrating experience. We didn't buy this item to not use it. What is the point of owning if you just have to take it back and have it sit there for weeks/months without any resolution? When I contact GD, I get a very canned response of what options I have, but in reality, the options are not good. You are at the mercy of service centers that are extremely backed up and waiting on GD to approve any work being done. We have opted to just have it done somewhere else (which is still 3 weeks out) and just pay out of pocket so we don’t have to be without our trailer. Hopefully we get reimbursed in our lifetime from GD, but I’m not holding my breath.
- Cheryl Petruso, Arizona

2020-10-16 2021 Grand Design Momentum G-Class 21G View Listings

Grand Design quality exceeds other toy haulers. Grand Design's customer service is the best in the industry, period. You will see the quality of the unit when you step inside. We researched all major brands prior to our Grand Design purchase. We are happy with our Grand Design Momentum.
- C Cochran, Texas

2020-04-27 2020 Grand Design Momentum G-Class 25G View Listings

We purchased a 2020 25g Momentum From La Mesa Rv in florida I took our camper to Lazy Days to get warranty Repairs done which was a waste of time the absolute worse service Dept on this earth , I called Grand Designs Main office and spoke with the head Service Advisor and his assistant over 3 phone calls to try and get my leaking gasoline nozzle replaced and other issues , same old song and dance to cheap to send me a 20 dollar fuel handle I guess they would rather the camper set on fire !! Since Grand Design sold out to Winnebago this companys customer service has gone to hell , The original company lived buy great customer service , sorry to say it no longer there I wont be Dealing with these people anymore i will stick with Thor or any other Family owned Builder.
- JOHN FRAZIER, Florida