Grand Design Momentum G Class Reviews on RV Insider (5)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Momentum G Class RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Larry Thompson from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 Grand Design Momentum G Class 25G View Listings

Toy Hauler with no gravity fill for boondocking. One fill location for city or tank fill under slide out. You haulers are for boondocking not RV parks. Tried to fill water intake with pond pump while boondocking but system filled with air making water system (especially shower) unusable. Called Grand Design... they blew me off rudely telling mr it is my problem. Worse service I've ever experienced.
- Larry Thompson, Oregon

2020-05-08 2019 Grand Design Momentum G Class 28G View Listings

We love the layout and toy hauling ability. From the beginning Microwave & fuel pump didn’t work. Window leaked, awning didn’t roll out correctly, wiring incorrect from factory and had to be redone by dealer. Tows terrible, sways, And yanks our 2020 Ram 3500 around. My husband has towed MANY trailers and says this pulls like a wood box with no wheels. We paid $350 for an alignment shop to fix axels and they did what they could but said there isn’t much that can be done. Dealer did nothing and told not us that this isn’t under warranty!
- Kelly Martinson, Minnesota

2020-02-27 2020 Grand Design Momentum G Class 29G View Listings

My tow vehicle is a 2011 F250 6.2 gas ext cab 8’ bed. 12,200 tow cap. It pulled with no problems after what I had to do to make it so. Was excited to find a TH with isolated garage. Little info at dealership, but expected tongue weight w/in my Class IV hitch. So wrong !! Bought a scale and found TW was 1700 lb. unloaded !! Later found online brochure stating TW as 1500 lb. I upgraded to class V hitch & sway pro 2000 lb hitch to stop excessive sway. After 6 week trip let me tell you the floor plan is poor. Storage space for cloths & RV supplies is severely lacking. Main bath is too small & the 2nd bathroom is a joke. Unless your a small child cleaning up after doing your business is next to impossible. Sit on the toilet & imagine it yourself. The shower is small & curtain does a poor job keeping the water inside. The garage is great, the couch is comfortable but a small Television off to the right leads to neck pain. The bedroom is cramped with little space to get around. Mind you my wife & I are not tall & of normal weight, but constantly frustrated by the shortcomings noted above. I cannot recommend this RV. Build quality is good, but livability is severely lacking for long term travel. Now considering trading in for a Keystone Outback 324cg or 335cg.
- Ronald Iocono, Delaware

2019-06-25 2019 Grand Design Momentum G Class 350G View Listings

This is absolutely the best built 5th wheel toy hauler on the market. We have owned 3 & no comparison. The insulation,the heated tanks,the race track circulation A/C,the patio,the awnings,the led lighting,etc.there's so many standard options that you have to add on with the other brands.we were completely blown away. We are selling this unit in hopes someone else can take advantage of all the space it has. The 2 of us & our motorcycles don't need all the space. We have installed removable chocks for towing the bikes.
- Richard Hutchison , Texas

2019-04-20 2019 Grand Design Momentum G Class 28G View Listings

Have to start by saying we really liked our GD 2800 BH that we traded in for the 28G. No issues. First trip in the 28G we noticed right away that the 30 amp service was going to be a problem. With one AC running, TV and coffee maker we kept popping a breaker. Later tried running the 2 AC’s w only TV on; 88 today here in Orlando, and that kept popping the breaker. Each unit was set to diff temps and one started 10 minutes later than the other. Contacted GD and got right to a service advisor who seemed to agree, the 30 amp service should have really been a 50 amp. It’s really not enough amperage to do what you should be able to do in a 50k toy hauler. Other concern is our ramp door is leaking, it won’t stay down completely when trying to load, maybe just a bad spring? We realize all RV’s have little things that happen. Wife’s biggest concern is the lack of storage, inside and out and of course the 30 amp service. If our truck could have towed a larger Momentum we would have looked at those or a Fuzion by Keystone. All and all we have some buyers remorse and wish we would have done a little more homework, 50 amp, more storage, layout etc...
- D Arvin , Florida