Grand Design Momentum G Class Reviews on RV Insider (10)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Momentum G Class RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

D Arvin from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 Grand Design Momentum G Class 28G View Listings

Have to start by saying we really liked our GD 2800 BH that we traded in for the 28G. No issues. First trip in the 28G we noticed right away that the 30 amp service was going to be a problem. With one AC running, TV and coffee maker we kept popping a breaker. Later tried running the 2 AC’s w only TV on; 88 today here in Orlando, and that kept popping the breaker. Each unit was set to diff temps and one started 10 minutes later than the other. Contacted GD and got right to a service advisor who seemed to agree, the 30 amp service should have really been a 50 amp. It’s really not enough amperage to do what you should be able to do in a 50k toy hauler. Other concern is our ramp door is leaking, it won’t stay down completely when trying to load, maybe just a bad spring? We realize all RV’s have little things that happen. Wife’s biggest concern is the lack of storage, inside and out and of course the 30 amp service. If our truck could have towed a larger Momentum we would have looked at those or a Fuzion by Keystone. All and all we have some buyers remorse and wish we would have done a little more homework, 50 amp, more storage, layout etc...
- D Arvin , Florida

2021-03-31 2020 Grand Design Momentum G Class 350G View Listings

I LOVE THIS TOYHAULER. PLENTLY OF ROOM FOR TOYS OR WHATEVER YOU WANT IN THE GARAGE. THE PATIO IS GREAT. ROOM FOR A GRILL LAWN CHAIRS. ITS ADDED SPACE FOR ENTERTAINMENT. THE WHOLE TRAILER IS QUITE COMFORTABLE.
- Roxane, California

2021-01-01 2020 Grand Design Momentum G Class 29G View Listings

Two things I like about this RV, the theatre seats and the garage. That is it. The TV is small and 90 degrees to the right of your seating. Expect neck pain. I have rated this RV before at a "3", but find more wrong with the design and quality each time we use it. Original motivation was a tow behind toy hauler with a garage separate from the living section that could be towed by a F250 6.2 gas. Tongue weight unknown by dealer and expected to be approx 1200. Found to be listed at 1500 lb. but after purchasing my own tongue scale I found it to be 1700 lb. when empty. Way beyond the 12.5k Class IV hitch. Upgraded to Class V and Sway Pro 2 1/2" with 2k sway bars. Second bath is a joke and subsequently added shelving to increase the totally inadequate storage. Only one outside storage compartment that is built like custom made for a golf bag. Tongue jack appears to struggle. Found the three bolts holding it on loosen and must be checked regularly. Glass cabinet inserts break easily. Under sink flooring collapsed and found to be stapled from underneath with no way to repair without cutting it out. One drawer slide has failed. Checked Grand Design parts and the picture doesn't match what is in the RV. The only brochure avail during time of purchase was the M-Class so I was led to believe this had 50 amp service. During walkaround after purchase is when I was told it had 30 amp service. Believe me, you need 50 amp for long term travel. Frankly, for the price you'd expect better design. We were told to use "lots of water" when flushing. Yes, you'd better else your waste and paper with pile up just below the toilet at the bend. I mean lots and lots of water needed to move waste to the tank. It has two gray tanks, but one has a black handle (two black/one gray). Either that or both waste and sink go to same. I wouldn't be surprised. Towing can be nail white knuckle. Even with upgraded Sway Pro it's butt swings like a drunken sailor with passing traffic requiring constant, I mean constant monitoring via mirror while one hand is ready on the tow brake to manually increase gain when needed. It has gotten to the point that Cons outweigh the Pro. Main bath: small shower with curtain. MSRP about 60k and it has a curtain ? We have to put towels between shower and sink to catch water during shower. The sink is too small with no counter space. If you are tall then you'd better check out the leg room before buying. The bedroom has little space around the bed. Dresser is so small and the one inside closet is severely inadequate. You'll wind up either carrying too much in the bed of the truck, or strapping down storage containers in the garage to carry what should be in storage compartments this RV lacks; thus making the garage no more than a shed. I cannot recommend the 29G, let alone Grand Design. P.S. Grand Design presents like high end, but besides deficiencies noted above, it has Chinese tires. Unknown to most, these tires are only rated to 65 mph. I had them replaced with Good Year Endurance. The dealer even called the Chinese tire, "China bombs". If you've ever seen a trailer or RV tire explode you'll know the meaning.

2020-11-25 2020 Grand Design Momentum G Class 28G View Listings

Sold our 07 Fleetwood Redline toy hauler, decided time for an upgrade, we never had one issue in 13 years we owned the Redline, thought I did my homework= Grand Design had good reviews for toy haulers, we unfortunately got a lemon, floor buckled, rear awning never worked, and a bunch of little things- tried working with our dealer to get this stuff figured out- all I seen was a bunch of young unexperienced employees climbing all over my RV without a clue how to work on them? problem with our local dealer- somewhere= (NEAR BREMERTON WASHINGTON) you are a rock star when you buying and a piece of garbage when your done signing papers, forced to go above their heads- absolutely had to go to Grand Design to explain the issues= also had to take it to another reputable family RV dealership to get proof of major Issues, good thing is Grand Design has great customer support and I was able to get a brand new Unit built, bad thing is they shipped it to the same dealership that told me I would never get a new RV and now they are holding my RV Hostage, this is just incredible nightmare= we feel like we are being extorted to horrible service, I now have to find out how to get this RV out of their yard, this has been like a 10 month nightmare= all we wanted to do was pay good money to have a decent RV to go camping in- living in the RV Dealership for non stop repair is not a good feeling, I am very proud of Grand Design for stepping up to the plate and getting us a new RV, the problem is they need their representatives= IE Dealerships to share the importance of lifetime customers, I actually told the dealership this was in no way their problem- they didnt build the RV- But near as I can figure they just worried that I had to go over their heads to get what I paid for, whatever happened to customer service? after dealing with our dealership= We are not sure there is enough time in life to deal with the stress and poor service, cheaper to stay in a Motels or rent RV, If there ever is a next time- we are buying straight from a factory like Grand Design and getting work done only at our own family RV dealership, I am never dealing with a big understaffed bad attitude RV dealership again!!!
- Cory Swanson, Washington

2020-11-15 2020 Grand Design Momentum G Class 29G View Listings

Tow is a 2011 F250 6.2 liter gas. Extended cab with 8' bed. 12,200 lb tow capacity with Class IV hitch. Wanted a toy hauler, but one with a separate garage. Not many available in my weight rating. Grand Design's new G29 towable fit the bill. Reputable

2020-07-26 2020 Grand Design Momentum G Class 28G View Listings

Not built right, I have had to work on the heat system, the easy jack bed system was missing screws and bunk bed would not come down right I paid 46,000 for this camper and only took it it 1time and have to wrinch it on it not happy at all
- Waylon Jadwin , Colorado

2020-05-08 2019 Grand Design Momentum G Class 28G View Listings

We love the layout and toy hauling ability. From the beginning Microwave & fuel pump didn’t work. Window leaked, awning didn’t roll out correctly, wiring incorrect from factory and had to be redone by dealer. Tows terrible, sways, And yanks our 2020 Ram 3500 around. My husband has towed MANY trailers and says this pulls like a wood box with no wheels. We paid $350 for an alignment shop to fix axels and they did what they could but said there isn’t much that can be done. Dealer did nothing and told not us that this isn’t under warranty!
- Kelly Martinson, Minnesota

2020-02-27 2020 Grand Design Momentum G Class 29G View Listings

My tow vehicle is a 2011 F250 6.2 gas ext cab 8’ bed. 12,200 tow cap. It pulled with no problems after what I had to do to make it so. Was excited to find a TH with isolated garage. Little info at dealership, but expected tongue weight w/in my Class IV hitch. So wrong !! Bought a scale and found TW was 1700 lb. unloaded !! Later found online brochure stating TW as 1500 lb. I upgraded to class V hitch & sway pro 2000 lb hitch to stop excessive sway. After 6 week trip let me tell you the floor plan is poor. Storage space for cloths & RV supplies is severely lacking. Main bath is too small & the 2nd bathroom is a joke. Unless your a small child cleaning up after doing your business is next to impossible. Sit on the toilet & imagine it yourself. The shower is small & curtain does a poor job keeping the water inside. The garage is great, the couch is comfortable but a small Television off to the right leads to neck pain. The bedroom is cramped with little space to get around. Mind you my wife & I are not tall & of normal weight, but constantly frustrated by the shortcomings noted above. I cannot recommend this RV. Build quality is good, but livability is severely lacking for long term travel. Now considering trading in for a Keystone Outback 324cg or 335cg.

2019-06-25 2019 Grand Design Momentum G Class 350G View Listings

This is absolutely the best built 5th wheel toy hauler on the market. We have owned 3 & no comparison. The insulation,the heated tanks,the race track circulation A/C,the patio,the awnings,the led lighting,etc.there's so many standard options that you have to add on with the other brands.we were completely blown away. We are selling this unit in hopes someone else can take advantage of all the space it has. The 2 of us & our motorcycles don't need all the space. We have installed removable chocks for towing the bikes.
- Richard Hutchison , Texas

2019-01-29 2019 Grand Design Momentum G Class 25G View Listings

Toy Hauler with no gravity fill for boondocking. One fill location for city or tank fill under slide out. You haulers are for boondocking not RV parks. Tried to fill water intake with pond pump while boondocking but system filled with air making water system (especially shower) unusable. Called Grand Design... they blew me off rudely telling mr it is my problem. Worse service I've ever experienced.
- Larry Thompson, Oregon