Grand Design Imagine XLS RVs Reviews (6)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Imagine XLS RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

STEPHEN TYRRELL from New Mexico says:

Have you owned any Grand Design Imagine XLS RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 Grand Design Imagine XLS 18RBE View Listings

ANOTHER OUTSTANDING PRODUCT FROM GRAND DESIGN. BIGGER IS NOT BETTER! GET REAL! WHO NEEDS A BEHEMONTH TRAVEL TRAILER THAT ONLY A PETERBILT CAN TOW? THE 18RBE IS EVERYTHING YOU AND THE MRS. NEED, NOTHING YOU DONT! RVING? PLEASEEEE?! I STILL CALL IT CAMPING! EASY TO TOW, EASY TO GET AROUND TOWN OR COUNTRY. DONT HAVE TO GO TO THE BIG TRUCK AISLE TO FUEL! JUST OVER 4000LBS. EVEN LOADED MAYBE 4500LBS? 4 SEASON TRL. WHICH IS A "TRUE" 4 SEASON TRL. THIS TRL. HAS MORE INSULATION FACTOR THAN YOUR HOUSE! THE MURPHY BED IS SOOO COOL! GET OUT OF BED, FOLD IT INTO THE WALL...BED IS MADE! OUT THE DOOR YOU GO! AMPLE DINING, SPACIOUS STORAGE, BIG BATH AND SHOWER, GREAT GALLEY, AND PLENTY OF ROOM FOR SINGLE, COUPLE, SMALL FAMILY! LOOKS GOOD TOO. I LOVE THE LITTLE COUCH WHEN BED IN UPRIGHT POSITION. FOR MY NEEDS, I WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO BIG TRAILERS. I PULL THIS ONE WITH A RAM 1500 4X4 5.7 HEMI POWER. AVERAGE MPG=13.3. NOT A BIG DEAL BUT BETTER THAN 9-10MPG WITH FORMER TRAILER.THIS TRL. DOES SIT HIGHER BECAUSE OF THE SUSPENSION, BUT GROUND CLEARANCE IS ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING! GRAND DESIGN TRAILERS ARE PRICED RIGHT AND ALOT OF BANG FOR YOUR BUCK! THIS IS MY SECOND PURCHASE. ANOTHER HAPPY CAMPER! NO, I AM NOT AN "RVer"! DONT NEED A 90' MOTORHOME!
- STEPHEN TYRRELL, New Mexico

2019-10-05 2019 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE View Listings

1. The front of the RV was dented or bowed in were the middle trim is. If you look down it the front is wavy. I looked at it myself and touched the screws on the trim 3 of the screw heads fell off, they appeared had twisted off and been glued back on and then noticed one of the screws was even missing. I was going to put a screw in and discovered there was never a screw there as there was only a hole in the trim and not the trailer. 2. Both pieces of trim running across the front were not sealed and I was leaving on a 17 day trip so I had to seal them myself. 3. Doors to bedroom and bathroom very hard to shut and so miss adjusted that the door striker and magnet could not make contact. And the metal plate on the bathroom door that contacts the magnet was missing and was in fact never there as there were no screw holes. 4. Front decal was coming off 5. Trim on wall by recliner coming off 6. Trim at back of bathroom on floor pulling away from wall. 7. Recliner closest to the bathroom will not recline all the way because it hits the wall. Recliner closest to bedroom does recline fully but also scapes the wall and will result in rubbing a hole in recliner. 8. Bottom right draw will not stay closed when being towed 5. Top gutter above awning leaks above front window Things I fixed because I didn’t want to take it back. 1. Had to adjust bathroom door so my wife could shut it as it was very tight. This was more of a challenge. Tried to adjust it but just couldn’t so I removed the trim on both sides of the door at the top and discovered that the header board that the track screws to was bowed down because the header board was bowed down in the middle. That was because the ceiling is bowed down in the middle. I loosened the header screws and shimmed header at the ends and was able to get it straight and adjust the door. 2. One of The drawers in the bedroom would not stay shut. Discovered that the striker was not even close to the plate so I moved it. 3. Day before I leave on a 17 day trip it rains and water is dripping from the AC unit onto the floor. I removed the top cover but couldn’t see anything wrong. I then removed the bottom covers on the inside of trailer and discovered that all 4 bolts holding the unit to the roof were loose. I tightened them and it rain very hard the next day and no leaks. 4. In the process of fixing the leak I noticed the roof has several bubbles in it and the roof material is not installed very well. Lots of little bubbles. This is my third RV and the worse roof job I have seen. 5. Just discovered that the screw on one side of blinds in bathroom is coming loose because it is just screwed into the paneling and is in the wrong place so that the string is putting to much pressure on screw. I will fix it myself but it will leave a hole as it needs moved over. Things not fixed yet 1. Awning hits slide-out and rests on it. This will result in wearing a hole in the awning. Can not tilt awning when raining, as a result the awning fills with water and then tilts down releasing the water but slide-out pushes on awning and may tear a hole in it. Told it was designed that way. I am not satisfied with that answer as this is my 3rd RV and the awning should not fill with water and then collapse to let the water out. I tried pulling the awning down some on one side but looks like the awning pushes down on the slide out so hard it may poke a hole in it. So we can’t even set under awning if there is very much rain. Very poor design. 2. Heater fan is very loud. I have a recording of it. Dealer looked at it and I admit it was quieter there. It is loud again. High pitch squill. I asked them to replace the fan motor as I had a recording of it but they would only do it if I payed for it, even though they heard the recording. 3. Several of the blinds are crooked when you pull them down because the screws were put in the wrong place. Can’t be fixed with out leaving holes. 4. When the paneling was installed they put something over where the nails or staples are and never wiped of the access so there are blotches every 5. The shower door now only retracts half way, sometimes two thirds. I will see if I can fix it as I am still on a trip. 6. Now one of the LED lights in the main part of trailer is flickering, very annoying to watch. Going to cut the wires and disconnect it. Because I am still on a trip. 7. Poor roof job Summary Worst quality construction in a trailer I have ever seen. I have had a Jayco and Flagstaff by Forest River. I purchased this Grand Design because I had read about how great they were. I love the design and looks but beware the quality control is horrible at least it was on mine. Gave it a 3 for factory warranty and support because I don’t know yet
- James Williams, Oklahoma

2019-09-19 2019 Grand Design Imagine XLS 18RBE View Listings

OUTSTANDING TRL. IT HAS EVERYTHING ONE NEEDS, NOTHING ONE DOES NOT NEED! I HAVE HAD IT OVER A YEAR WITH ONLY 2 ISSUES. CIRCUIT BOARD ON WATER HEATER WENT OUT BECAUSE IT WAS FROM CHINA. I REPLACED IT ON MY OWN WITH A CIRCUIT BOARD FROM USA($200). A/C WAS WIMPY LAST YEAR BECAUSE IT WAS NOT FULLY BOLTED TO ROOF AND THE WAS AIR GAP. TORQUED BOLTS TO FULLY SECURE AND I COULD HANG MEAT IN HERE. EVEN AT 100 DEGREES AND HUMIDITY ONLY NEED UNIT ON LOW AND HALF TEMPERATURE SETTING DOES THE JOB! NO FREEZE UP AT LOWEST TEMP. LAST WINTER 17DEGREES! I HAVE RENOVATED TRL. TO MY COMFORT AND SATISFIED WITH RESULTS. PULLS GOOD AND I HAVE OLD TRUCK! IF I SOLD IT TODAY AND WAS LOOKING FOR ANOTHER TRL. I WOULD ONLY BUY GRAND DESIGN PRODUCT. ALOT OF BANG FOR THE BUCK.DEFINITELY A PRIME CASE FOR BIGGER IS NOT BETTER! A TRUE 4 SEASON TRL. AND PERFECT SIZE FOR CAMPING OR AS THE SO CALLED ELITE WOULD SAY,"RVING"!
- STEPHEN TYRRELL, New Mexico

2019-08-07 2019 Grand Design Imagine XLS 18RBE View Listings

excellent trailer with everything one needs, nothing one does not! i would never go back to a big travel trailer after conforming to this size trailer with this much quality for a fraction of the price! as stated....alot of bang for the buck! i have one of the first 18rbe's that came out. new production now has a real comfy sofa. mine does not. however, i put in extra foam and covered with big towel to help a little. i am all alone and revised bench and table to habitat for humanity. installed $500 recliner and now in pig heaven! the rest of trailer is outstanding! i donated queen mattress and installed custom 8" gel memory foam high end mattress with 27" hinge for easy folding murphy bed! i love it! grand design makes a true 4 season trl. not a wannabe! down to 17 degrees last winter! warm and toasty no issues! this summer 104 degrees 40% humidity, a/c on low...inside temp=72degrees....aaah just right! tows easy with my old 2004 ram 1500 4x4 5.7 hemi v8. behemoth overpriced diesel pickup, $70,000? to tow semi looking travel trailer? no thanks! i still call it "camping", not "rving"!
- S.J., New Mexico

2019-07-12 2019 Grand Design Imagine XLS 18RBE View Listings

Outstanding trailer and a lot of bang for the buck! Murphy bed is great and tucks away easily. I donated the original queen mattress. Too big for me and too tight, difficult to make up. I have custom gel memory foam 54x78 with 27” hinge installed. Perfect for me and easy to make up. I have made revisions to trl. to suit me but bottom line....pleased with product and this is my second Grand Design. It’s all I need nothing I don’t! Big trailers? Absolutely absurd!!
- Stephen Tyrrell , New Mexico

2019-06-25 2019 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE View Listings

The floor plan is excellent with the large bathroom with lots of storage throughout but air conditioner doesn't cool very well when it is 90 degrees and up also the trailer is bouncy when the stabilizers are all set when I'm in bed and the wife walking around feels like it's going to bounce off I hope they have a solution to this problem.Other then that I would give it a five star
- Tom Lemen , Texas