Grand Design Imagine Reviews on RV Insider (81)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Imagine RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Sonya Platt from Idaho says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

The layout on this trailer is so well thought out. We never thought we would finally find exactly what we were looking for. Come on how many can't stand the size of the bathroom? Most are cramped. Admit it. My last one was. But good lordy did someone think this one through. Great walk around room. More storage than I know what to do with & did I mention the bathroom? But really great well thought out designs. Bedroom layout great, ample storage. Slide creates a comfortable large living area. I actually do not use all of the storage in this room either. If you haven't stopped & taken a look you are making a giant mistake.
- Sonya Platt, Idaho

2020-03-26 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

So we had it down to 2 different campers to buy and we are not going to buy The Grand Design because they decided to change the interior cabinets for 2020 and made it look cheap and washed out looking. whereas in 2019 they had nice dark wood cabinets in their campers and they took that great look away. So I guess we're forced into getting the other camper just because the cabinets have a terrible look to them in The Grand Design. Live and learn Grand Design
- Gary, Texas

2020-03-04 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

30+ year season RV owner we purchased brank new RV, however, have had major issues every year - first year - electric tongue jack is broken before first use, hubs not packed with grease, new HW heater installed after the first trip, awning not sealed so it dripped water, lights not working, wrap coming off, gas line not run to the outside kitchen. 2nd year - wrap still coming off, roof cracking even though 6 months maintenance and annual RV inspection by the dealer, fan stopped working in the bathroom, shower faucet leaking in bathroom had to be replaced, only half the LED lights under the awning work, and the LED lights on the front of the RV do not work and they have never been used. This year (2020) freshwater tank filling on its own, toilet leaking, gate value in black water tank not closing, receptacle replaced. Have begged Grand Design to replace the unit since we purchased it and they refused. They did repair some items however this caused us to lose months of camping because it has stayed at the dealer for months each year having repairs. This year it's been at the dealer 2+ months already and is not repaired yet. Don't buy a Grand Design.
- Rose, South Carolina

2020-02-28 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

I live in this RV full time, I like the layout and having a desk for my computer was very important to me and you dont see that in a lot of trailers. The look of the RV is very nice but on further inspection I found that some parts were made cheaply and poorly like the chipboard they use for instance and some pieces of wood were not as good as they could be. The crown molding inside didnt all line up flush, some other trim wasnt fastened properly. One major disappoint I found in winter was the amount of air that gets in by the furnace and also where they cut holes in the floor for the plumbing and electrical there was major air flow. Also by my bed it got very cold I think its because the storage runs under it and I had to put more insulation everywhere. I also wish I got dual pane windows because the single pane arent very good. I would recommend getting a fifth wheel instead they seem to be build better.
- Sydney, British Columbia

2020-02-18 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL View Listings

We love our Grand Design 2500 RL. The layout is so awesome, very spacious. We have had it for over a year now and are very happy with the overall quality and design. Tows well, lots of storage and shower in plenty big.
- Suzanne Chrisemer, Pennsylvania

2020-02-13 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

This particular Model allows a 1/2 Ton pick up to tow it. The Grand Design is a very livable unit, its like a small apartment. Easy set up allows more time to enjoy outdoor camping. The large slide makes the living room very comfortable. The walk around queen bed allows easy make up and tear down. We love it.
- AL WARD, Arizona

2020-01-28 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2250RK View Listings

I will never buy another Travel Trailer from Grand Design again. I bought a 2018 GRAND DESIGN IMAGINE 2250RK about 1.5 years ago. Had so many problems right from the dealership. Sewer vents were to short and venting sewage gas into the travel trailer, raw sewage spilling all over the floor, electrical breakers kept popping, electrical outlet had no backing, roof has already started coming apart, outside LED's are peeling off, cabinet stain is coming off, nail holes in cabinets, chipped - hook up panel, the list goes on. Grand Design gave me permission to go to social media about this matter, fair enough! They sold me a lemon.
- Steven, Washington

2020-01-21 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2250RK View Listings

Loved our travel trailer, but unfortunately we were only able to take one short trip in it. Now we have to sell due to a family medical emergency. I would have lived in it, that’s how comfortable I was. I will really miss it snd that week my spouse snd I shared together.
- Lori Harrelson, Nevada

2020-01-09 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

Great RV for a cross country trip or long weekends camping. All the comforts you need. Big Bathroom with Big shower. Large kitchen and lounge area with lots of counter space. Large bedroom with Queen size bed. Plenty of storage cupboards and hanging space for clothes. The ideal camper.
- Clark, Connecticut

2019-12-24 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

If Grand Design sets their bar on quality then how come we are having to purchase an extended warranty package to cover ongoing issues with your "lovely" product. Our unit has been at the dealership twice for a total of four months for warranty work. Waiting for warranty authorization and parts seems to be the culprit for the extended delays. So you might wonder why we are questioning your product quality. Let me list a few reasons. Bedroom air conditioner never worked and was replaced. Water heater element was replaced the first night out. Refer AC monitor was replaced. Fireplace was totally replaced. Awing retracting issues. Door was warped and replaced. Bathroom floor sounds like walking on walnut shells. Cabin filled with smoke when setting up and turning on water pump. What does the future hold for us and our lovely Reflection by Grand Design as we only have a short time of warranty left to completely rebuild as it would seem. We haven't any chose but to purchase and extended warranty package to cover probable ongoing issues. VIN.573FR3323K3322947
- Oran & Shirley Rooks, Wyoming

2019-12-11 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

We have experience nothing but problems with our Grand Design Imagine. From leaking, skin delamination, inside of door cracking and molding falling off are just a few of the problems. We purchased the camper in the spring of 2017 and by the fall, the under carriage was so rusted, it was hard to lower the stabilizers. We do live in WNY but the camper was only used from May to September. I fell in love with the layout. I really wanted this camper to work for us but with this many problems in the first 2.5 years. What does the future hold.
- debbie, New York

2019-11-23 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

This trailer has two axels that are rated 3500 lbs each. The dry trailer weight is over seven thousand pounds. I wish I would have noticed this before I bought it. Now it’s sitting at a shop waiting to see if warranty will do the right thing and repair it or better yet upgrade the axles. What good is a trailer with bad axles? The whole point in a trailer is the ability to move it. I have owned multiple trailers and this is by far the worst one so far. I would never suggest this trailer to anyone. They still haven’t responded to warranty requests. I can’t stress it enough. Don’t buy from these guys. There is better out there. The interior sold my wife and I. But it is no good if they can’t even perform the most simple function of a trailer. They can’t even be towed without going through tires or bending axles from their under rated axle capacity. Don’t buy
- Joseph Packer, Utah

2019-11-22 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL View Listings

This was our first travel trailer in over 30 years of camping. We absolutely love the floor plan, the dealer, the livability and so far the warranty coverage. When we initially used the trailer we had owning issues, an island sink issue and a broken stove top glass which exploded for no apparent reason. Everything was repaired very quickly and at no expense to us. We've been on over 10 trips now in 3 months with zero problems at all. I guess my only concern would be that the issues we had at first should have been caught at the factory prior to delivery. Grand Design's inspection process leaves something to be improved upon BUT their service department is second to none. The unit is advertised as being towable by most 1/2 ton trucks. From my experience, my 1/2 ton could easily pull the 2970RL but I had way too much sway on the interstates. I even upgraded my weight distribution hitch which helped immensely but in the end it turned out that my tow vehicle just wasn't stout enough. We decided to upgrade to a gently used 3/4 GMC diesel and the problem was resolved. The 1/2 tons just aren't heavy enough to tow this trailer safely in my humble opinion. I'm sure there will be those that will argue this but this is my two cents worth. My biggest concern in buying any trailer was the after sale service and responsiveness from my dealer. In the end, I am extremely satisfied and am a happy camper.
- Denny Sivells, Texas

2019-11-12 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

It is an excellent floor plan and I'd buy it again if I had to down-size. Very comfortable to live in and an excellent towable and maneuverable RV. The RV is very comfortable and well insulated to live in extreme heat or cold conditions.
- rob, Louisiana

2019-11-07 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

We have loved our RV with the bunks. We have decided to go with a larger unit - that is the only reason we are selling our 2800bh. There isn't anything I would change on the layout or design inside or outside. Everything is easy to get to and there is lots of storage inside and outside. Grand Design has been our only brand we have purchased and feel confident that will be the brand we stick with going forward.
- Nicole Hegger, South Carolina

2019-11-01 2020 Grand Design Imagine 3000QB View Listings

Brand new rig, total garbage. Have owned the rig less than a month. Spent a few camping nights in it in the back yard before taking it on the road to CO. Laundry list of new problems discovered after having the dealer fix a list of problems we were able to catch before even leaving the lot. Before we left the lot: The curtains were broken in two different windows. Screen door had a crack in it. Back window had gaping hole in it from bad caulk job. Shower curtain broken. Got it home, camped a few days in the back yard- discovered a leak under the kitchen sink, lights on the master bedroom headboard flicker on and off, USB ports not working, handle fell off of the door (they didn’t even screw it in- screw holes had no screws in them, I guess they just glued it? Grand Design is a joke. Absolutely no way they actually do any serious QC on these things. Workers/management should be ashamed to take so little pride in their work.
- Mike L, Tennessee

2019-10-29 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL View Listings

With the E4 Equalizer Hitch this unit tows extremely well with just a Ford F150 Eco Boost. It is very livable with the Theater Seating and large LED TV. It has every package that could be added, and also every option available for this unit except for 2nd AC which it is preped for (50 Amp). There's ample storage for extended/seasonal living. It also is very comfortable for extended camping. A 2nd 12 Volt battery was added for extended Dry Camping.
- Dave, Ohio

2019-10-28 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

bought the rv in october 2018 at 20k kms after the dealerhip rent it for three months. Lots of problems with the Fiamma awning, it opens by itself without any intervention, or do not retract even manually. Waiting for a new engeneered part from Fiamma. Do not expect any support from Pleasure Way, the guy at the customer service has an agressive attitude. Pleasure way directs you to the manufacturers, giving you their phone number is what you can expect from them. They ask me to buy velcro straps to prevent awning from opening while driving, not fair enough to give it to their customers. Also have problems with Ultra leather fabric that peels on hems on both driver ans passenger seats. Pleasure way do not offer any help saying I do not have any warranty because dealership was the first owner and warranty is not tranferable. Will not buy Pleasure way next time.
- Michel Grenier, Quebec

2019-10-28 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

We purchased our 2600RB almost two years ago, and have had zero problems with it. The floor plan is perfect for travelling as when we stop along the road, we are able to access the kitchen, living area, and bathroom even with the slider in. Didnt fully realize the comparative quality until talking with friends who have other makes and continually have problems. I would absolutely recommend consideration of the Grand Design models.
- Lew Jones, Florida

2019-10-20 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

Been a year now that I have owned this unit. Over all it is ok but not worth the money paid. On the surface when first looking it looked solid. First trip the hot water tank electronic board fell off the wall and broke so had no igniter. (was taped to wall from factory) Upon investigating this I found wiring just sloppily hanging with no fastening to structure which can lead to breaks and or loose wires thus creating a fire hazard. Holes drilled through floor for plumbing lines and electrical were drilled and the shavings not cleaned up and the holes not filled with spray foam thus resulting in mice infestation. The main electrical panel IS NOT attached to wall and falls out down a gravel road. Sliding bathroom and bedroom door have a SCREW screwed into track as a door stopper. (WOW) My shower door (rollup type) quit working and the back wall of shower panel has buckled. These problems are all minor but clearly proves factory is a "PUMP OUT" as many as possible. The finishing quality of behind the scenes is extremely poor which is sad because they are minor fixes in both time and costs. So I recommend pulling drawers and screens and look behind to see the true quality. I would not purchase one again and if I were you I would not also.
- Kelly Smith, British Columbia

2019-10-06 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL View Listings

We just bought it last month, so will update as it gets some wear and tear. First, love the floorplan and overall quality, as well as the lighter tone in floor and furnishings from prior models. No complaints yet about quality/durability, but we are newbies still. Grand Design has clearly thought about a lot of issues and incorporated them into the design. Quality control seems good. A few minor points that could have been better designed: (1) access to water valves is difficult and not well covered by the handbook; (2) with dog-friendly features like a built-in dog bowl drawer, you would think the screen door would be constructed to prevent dogs from bolting through it (but it is not); (3) I'm sorry, but what is the point of including a quilt for the bed that is dry clean only? Really? Have you met many campers who want to dry clean anything in the camper? (4) There is a decent amount of storage place, but it is not all that practical; consider including a compartment that works for a small trash can, as well as perhaps fewer, but bigger, compartments over the seating area and above the stove. Overall, though, we are very happy with this. Works great for our empty nest travel with our puppies. Gave warranty/support a middle-of-the-road rating for now because we really don't know.
- JR, Maryland

2019-10-01 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

Purchased new Sept 2018. Tows great behind our 2001 Ford F350 dually. 7.3 eng. Traveled cross country twice to West Coast. Us & our 2 dogs! This unit is great for us! We previously owned a 5th wheel Cardinal. This unit is reasonably priced. Some issues-kitchen sink faucet replaced. Bathroom sink faucet squeaked minor fix. Wall between kitchen and bath had to be worked on during 1 year warrantee ck. Was loose inside. Leak in storage. A few screws outside by door came loose. Love: storage everywhere! Desk to do paperwork. Kitchen storage. Bedroom bath storage. SPACE-SPACE-SPACE plenty of room to move around. Access to bathroom when slides are in. On second extended trip and still feel this trailer was a good decision. THERE IS NO PERFECT RV! THEY ALL HAVE ISSUES AFTER PULLING 1000'S OF MILES. Have dry camped as well as rv parks and still very satisfied with our trailer. Purchased @Lifestyle RV in Kc, Mo
- Darlene Anderson, Missouri

2019-09-19 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

We have owned many RVs and this model 2150RB is a great, quality trailer. The insulation factors are better than almost all others and the towability is comfortable. Stays cool even in the 100's. Grand Design makes a nice rig.
- Kevin Milazzo, Texas

2019-09-07 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

Owned trailer for 3 days. Went camping for 3. When we got to where we were going we were down to 1/3 fresh water. Found pump would cycle off and on. Guess HWT was leaking under cabinet. Took back to dealer after literally 7 days. Dealer had it 14 days, called to say that all the issues had been fixed. This included the rear slider window not latching and small items. Went with a moisture meter and found sub floor was 100% saturated and lino was bubbling. Discussed with dealer and was told that GD has authorized repair. At this time I told the dealer that I wanted a new unit. (Paid $47,000.00 CDN). The dealer said he would talk to GD on my behalf. Haven't heard a word from dealer. I contacted GD myself and they said they have authorized repairs to $800.00 incl labour. Completely disappointed with dealer and dissatisfied with GD. Personally I would stay away from this manufacturer. We fell in love with the floor plan but absolutely regret purchase.
- Dale Rogan, British Columbia

2019-09-05 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

This is a wonderful travel trailer. Topnotch quality, and an amazing floorplan. Ton of storage, Queen bed with underbed storage, large passthru! Huge rear bath! Love the full 21 foot power awning. Grand Design has optimal Customer Service!
- Deb, Michigan