Grand Design Imagine

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Imagine RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Sonya Platt from Idaho says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

The layout on this trailer is so well thought out. We never thought we would finally find exactly what we were looking for. Come on how many can't stand the size of the bathroom? Most are cramped. Admit it. My last one was. But good lordy did someone think this one through. Great walk around room. More storage than I know what to do with & did I mention the bathroom? But really great well thought out designs. Bedroom layout great, ample storage. Slide creates a comfortable large living area. I actually do not use all of the storage in this room either. If you haven't stopped & taken a look you are making a giant mistake.
- Sonya Platt, Idaho

2021-07-16 2021 Grand Design Imagine 3110BH View Listings

We purchased this rv early in year March 2021. We didn’t use until July 13 we thought we would take it out for a trial overnight. Well to begin refrigerator would not keep food cold. Bedroom tv antenna wouldn’t work. Back jack is bent front master bedroom door won’t stay closed. Shower has issues. All compartment locks frozen, trim missing in rear, found large piece of rubber seal laying next to camper? We have owned several rv’s over the years and this one has to be the worst in respect to problems. To top it off can’t get in to dealer for 3 weeks and they said if it needs any parts it could be there for awhile I live in Wisconsin so our season ends end of Augusta. By the time this comes out of winter storage my warranty will be expired.very disappointed
- Todd nelson, Wisconsin

2021-06-28 2016 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

We’ve owned our 2016 2800BH for over five years and spent at least 100 nights in it and driven across the country twice. The layout is great. However, as others point out, I’m always gluing something back together. Trim pieces just fall off randomly. Maybe the quality is better after 2016. The looks are premium but Grand Design could have spent more time on premium construction. Trim pieces falling off is a minor inconvenience but still shouldn’t happen. The trailer frame is rusting and I’ve never taken it anywhere with road salt. I had to replace all of the leaf springs at two years because they all lost their curve - we only take clothes and food and I’ve never traveled with full tanks. The slide bogs down when closing - even after I replaced the original battery with two wired in parallel. I always worry it won’t quite make it. Local RV repair shop said it’s a poorly designed slide system and I’ll eventually have to replace the very small motor. The slide also leaks at one corner and I can’t figure out why. All the seals are tight and the drain hole is open but the carpet at one corner is always damp after rain. Aside from the aforementioned problems, the layout and interior design are great. I think you will find problems with all travel trailers across all brands as they are not built as strong as a house and are subject to many more stresses. This is our second travel trailer and I’m mostly happy with it but it’s not perfect.
- John, Florida

2021-06-27 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

The 2800BH has been perfect for our family of 5 dog. Plenty of room and privacy in front queen bedroom. Really like that we had a separate entrance and exit, so we did not disturb little ones after coming in from campfire. All appliances have performed as expected with no issues to date. The only problem we've had was a bad elbow connection right after city water connection. Replaced it with new pex elbow while on a trip no problem.
- Frank Husted, Georgia

2021-06-25 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL View Listings

We bought it 2nd hand. Very few hours on it. 1st time out the roof started lifting. The membrane looks like a dome tent in the wind. Trim on the top has come off on the entire side, blew out a tire. We arent even home yet. Ready to sell and go back to tenting.
- Lynelle Dennis, Washington

2021-06-24 2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL View Listings

Don't deal with this company!!!! Their service on what they sell is HORRIBLE!!! One slide out quit working and several seals need replaced in less than a year. Well, their service is a JOKE!!! My husband took it to the dealership and we have been told it will take FIVE to SIX WEEKS to get it fixed because they are so backed up. Well, why do that many Grand Designs need repairs causing them to be that far behind. So, we will be without our camper nearly the entire summer. How disappointing. But most of all, I'm disappointed in Grand Design for not providing better service for what they sell. When we purchased the camper, the salesman stressed to us what a great company they were and their service department was great. Five to six weeks isn't great in my opinion. Just have to say that I'm really disappointed in Grand Design.
- Linda, Kansas

2021-06-21 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

We purchased this unit used and have had it almost 2 years which included a major excursion out west. Pros: Layout Living in it Amenities like the pop up tv Lots of counter space in the kitchen Fireplace/space heater Dual AC Lots of storage Cons: Canopy placement Outdoor speakers Dinette booth conversion to bed Ours included the theater seating, but we would have preferred the standard sofa bed. With the dual slides, there is enough space for an inflatable queen bed in the main space. All in all the 2670 is a great unit.
- Dan Kaminski, South Carolina

2021-06-09 2021 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

Everyone. My husband and I WERE huge Grand Design fans. That is until our May 2020 purchase of a 2021 Grand Design!! We previously own a 2017 Grand Design reflection 3315RLST which was TOP quality!!! We bought the 3315RLST to have more room for full time volunteering for a Corps of Engineers campground on a local lake. 3 yrs later we gave up th position and begin camping again but the unit was so big it was hard to get sites. Based on our experience with Grand Design we knew our next unit would be Grand Design.. Here we are a year after that VERY BAD purchase with problems that continue.. After almost 6 months of unit at dealership
- Angela Lowe, South Carolina

2021-06-09 2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL View Listings

Love love this camper, best I ever owned !! Plenty room. Imagine yourself relaxing in the comfortable massage recliners watching the children play a fun board game at the spacious u-shaped dinette slide, while enjoying the beautiful scenery outside through the very large windows. This beautiful travel trailer will impress you everywhere you look from the duel entry doors to the walk through bathroom. The duel recliners and dinette allow everyone plenty of space to enjoy a show on the large LED television. With this Grand Design you will get a lightweight, 4 season travel trailer that is towable behind most medium duty truck or SUV. Each model is constructed w a one pice roof membrane and gel coated fiberglass exterior that will last for years. The drop frame lighted storage will provide space for all your gear and oversized tank capacities will allow you to stay longer when hook ups are not available. Inside features include upgraded residential quality furniture, large panoramic views, motion lights in key area’s and blue tooth stereo. Live your dreams and freedom with this quality made travel trailer!!
- Scott, New Hampshire

2021-05-14 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

We could not be more disappointed. Each time we take this thing out it gets worse. It started with the entry doors binding and hitting at the top. Warranty repairs and a bunch of fluff (taking more money from my wallet) later we take it out again and the right side of the camper separates from the roof. While in to repair that they find the right panel has cracks under the overlay. Grand design refused warranty saying the bubbles in the roof and cracks are due to lack of maintenance. It is time we file a class action suit, grand design knows they sold defective trailers and they need to pay.
- Ray, California

2021-05-05 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2950RL View Listings

We pull our trailer with a 2017 F150 with no problem. The fireplace is great and offers great ambiance as well as quickly heats up the entire trailer. This can only be used when plugged into electric. The furnace works great and is run from the propane. The center island is great for cooking and entertaining at the same time. We just love this trailer.
- David, Texas

2021-05-05 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

We upgraded from a Fleetwood TT. Spent several months debating on a new rig, and I'm so very happy that we went with the Grand Design Imagine. I've never seen a more spacious interior (and we rented a LOT of rigs before deciding). The huge bathroom is key for long vacations. Super easy to tow given that it's 30'. Feels like less when towing. Never had any major issues with service or repair from the dealership.
- Joey, California

2021-05-02 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL View Listings

We have owned this RV for 3 years and have been very happy with it. The quality rivals travel trailers at much higher price points. The layout is perfect for weekend and longer term stays as the rear living layout is spacious and comfortable.
- Jeff Currie, Texas

2021-05-02 2021 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL View Listings

Bought trailer 1 week ago at Holiday World of Katy trailer dances and fishtails. Dealer gave too small of a hitch. Twice. 3rd time installed an equalizer hitch. Better but trailer still dances and fishtails. I have a 2003 Ford F350 crewcab shortbed. Trailer is hard to pull, can't get over 55, and sometimes have to go slower. Dealer tried to blame my truck but it was pulling a 33 FT 2017 Keystone triple slide with no issues. This trailer is 34 ft and 2 slides. Sent in service email on GD website, we shall see if they help.
- Cindy Peters, Texas

2021-04-28 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2850MK View Listings

The Grand Design Imagine 2850MK is a wonderful rv for vacationing in or for longer term use. Spacious and easy to move around inside. Everything about this rv is easy. Towing, leveling, tank maintenance, etc. great warranty as well! Great name in the rv world!
- Randall Anderson, Texas

2021-04-24 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

We sold our Intech Sol Horizon just so we could purchase the 2670MK which we love. My wife and I both work in the tech industry so we like to be able to stay connected and work remotely while traveling whenever possible. The 2670MK includes a desk across the rear so it provides an ideal workspace. We love that the bedroom has its own door since she tends to turn in earlier while I often stay up to watch TV or work online. Since the bedroom has its own air conditioning unit, she can turn the fan or cooling on for noise and make it whatever temp she wants in there. The unit has all the amenities we wanted, most notably an outdoor kitchen for her and theater seats directly across from the TV for me. It has more than enough space for the two of us and our dog but the dinette can covert into a sleeping area if friends or family want to travel with us. We pull it with a 2020 RAM 1500 5.7L eTorque along with an Andersen WDH hitch (which is a GREAT hitch!) with no problems at all.
- John B, Arizona

2021-04-20 2021 Grand Design Imagine 2250 RK View Listings

My wife and I was looking for an upgrade to a larger Travel Trailer and looked at friends Grand Design 5th Wheel and was impressed with the design and workmanship. When it came time to purchase a new one we went with the 2021 Grand Design Imagine 2250 RK. This Trailer is fantastic! The floor plan is perfect for our camping needs, we live at a seasonal camp site all summer long and have had zero issues with it. If there is one thing I could change is the location of the microwave (to high) and came in black and the previous year was in chrome. The new sand pebble color interior really makes this camper feel much larger than it is (27'11"). I would recommend Grand Design to anyone who is looking for a Travel Trailer with modern design and quality workmanship!
- Tim G., New Hampshire

2021-02-27 2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL View Listings

This trailer is well-made and well designed, the only reason why were selling it is that we want to upgrade to a 5th Wheel Trailer, by the same manufacture. We research trailers for about a year and found that this one was for us. We’ve tested or trailer in inclement weather and the quality of the insulation on this trailer second to none.
- mike jack, California

2021-02-15 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

Bought strictly because of artic package . And floor layout . Layout is fine . Artic package is very poor . Have heated water hose , plenty of water to RV , heat set at 75 and no water !!!!!! This sucks for the price I paid .
- Roy Meigs, Oklahoma

2021-02-06 2021 Grand Design Imagine 3110BH View Listings

After exhaustive search, we purchased this travel trailer as our first RV. We love it! We had a long list of "non-negotiables", and we were beginning to think nothing was going to work for us. We needed the camper to sleep 8 (4 of whom are adults), but we needed a budget friendly RV. What makes this floorplan unique, is the LR TV is viewable by all. Children on the bunk, people on the jack knife sofa. those in the wonderful recliners, or sitting at the dinette, all can view the TV comfortably. The fireplace below the TV is a wonderful perk. One thing that put the GD 3110BH over the top was having my hubby or adult son stand in the shower and pretend to wash their hair. The GD 3110BH had plenty of room for a 6'3" man to was his hair without knuckle injury. The kitchen has plenty of room for my DIL and I to move around and prepare meals. Plus we both love the full size pantry and all the storage! Speaking of storage, even the bathroom has storage in a wall-hung cabinet with towel bar, and small cubbies beside the nice-sized vanity for individual toiletries. There is even a good sized medicine cabinet. The LR has plenty of storage/drawers and 2 wardrobes for guests! Our son and family have lots of space for their clothes. We all use sleeping bags, and all 9 bags (grand-pup has her own) fit neatly behind the jack knife sofa when it is folded up. Hubby and I fell in love with the "Twig" colors that hover nicely between lt. gray and lt. brown; it gives an airy feel when you step inside. The bedroom has a regular size 60x80 Queen bed with night stand/wardrobes; these nightstands have large niches to accommodate a C-PAP, Kindle, phone chargers, etc. There is also a built-in dresser with more hanging space above. I kept expecting to feel "buyer's remorse" after this purchase, but it never came. We love our Grand Design 3110BH! Drawbacks to this RV are few. No outdoor kitchen or TV, and don't expect a Ford F150 to pull this thing no matter what the owner's manual says. That was my hubby's only regret; he was forced to trade in his beloved 3 month old F150 for a F250 Super Duty. The F150 got the RV off the dealer lot and home to the foothills, but it was a white-knuckled ride with lots of bucking. It was similar to riding a dolphin, up and down, up and down. Hubby later found a video calling it "axel wrapping". All the recommended fixes didn't work, reluctantly, we had to admit that was our one "Oops".
- Lennie , Georgia

2021-02-05 2021 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL View Listings

In case you might be interested. We bought this travel trailer six months ago. Excited, we started a new adventure only to find out that we waited to late in our lifetime to really enjoy the travel trailer. Our physical handicaps was a road block in order to really enjoy. She can't walk and I can't hear. I have problems with anything where you have to connect a female plug to a male plug because of muscle problems in my hands. None of these requirements are hard but they were hard on us because of limited physical abilities. Of course we should of known before we bought but we did buy and now we are selling the travel trailer. What we enjoyed was the fireplace and the sofa's. The air conditioners worked very well and the two awnings were nice to sit under outside. Everything worked just as they were supposed to work and that is what we enjoyed. We are selling the travel trailer for $31,000. We paid $38,555 in August, then another $2000 getting what needs to be bought in order to have successful trips. So, we spent $40,555 on the travel trailer that we are going to sell for $31,000. It is almost brand new-2021 Grand Design [Imagine} 297ORL 34' IMAGINE 'PEACE OF MIND PACKAGE' IMAGINE ULTIMATE POWER PACKAGE IMAGINE ARCTICE 4-SEASON PROTECTION PLAN FIREPLACE THEATER SEATING IPO TRI-FOLD SOFA 50 AMPS SERVICE WIRED AND FRAMED FOR 2ND A/C 2ND A/C DUCCTED, 13.5K BTU HUSKY CENTERLINE HITCH VOYAGER SEWER HOSE KIT HEAVY DUTY RV ELECTRICAL CORD ADAPTER FOR THE CORD 2 FRESH WATER HOSE AND WATER FILTER 2 AWNINGS IF INTERESTED PLASE CALL ME AT 806-317-1097 IF NOT THERE, PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE AND I WILL CALL YOU BACK
- RON MAYBERRY, Texas

2021-01-25 2018 Grand Design Imagine 3170BH View Listings

Do not walk, RUN to a different manufacturer to purchase an RV. we've had so many problems with our 2018 Imagine 3170BH its impossible to detail them all here. Our biggest complaints are the water leaks causing mold growth and electrical problems. We've never had electricity in the outdoor kitchen and now have had so many problems with the heating/furnace that it has become become necessary to have a second thermostat just to run the furnace. These Rv's are poorly constructed and are fire hazards due to the electrical issues. Grand Design has never been responsive nor has the dealer. We've given up trying to work with either so absolutely can not recommend buying any of Grand Design models. These RV'S cost a higher premium so buy something less expensive, it will be even more economical in the long run.
- Sheryl, Washington

2020-12-31 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

We are currently on our 13th camping trip with this travel trailer. We have spent over 50 nights in it in the last 1.5 years. We have both camped growing up and have experience with over 6 different camper brands. This brand is BY FAR the best. We have not had any problems with this camper. Everything has worked perfect every camping trip. This is an extremely well made camper and is well insulated. Absolutely perfect size for a couple. We love the huge bathroom and living space. Everything about it feels luxurious from the cabinetry to flooring to the leather couches. We are extremely pleased with this camper and so glad we went with Grand Design!
- Hannah Craven, South Carolina

2020-12-15 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL View Listings

We bought our 2020 Imagine 2450 RV in Feb 2020. Post Falls Idaho has an awesome service Dept. for easy phone help w questions. We love the floorplan for 2 people,And our Shepherd, love the quality cabinet latches, large shower, porcelain toilet, unlike other RVs. Awning could have stronger supports, wind came up and broke. Warranty covered, refridg handle broke, warranty covered! We love the vents in each room for “central” heat and air. So nice for the roll out shower door, roll out sink cover for spray washing fruits and veggies! Outside small fridge handy. We had a queen mattress replaced for comfort. Great A/C from each room ceiling vents, heat floor vents In each room makes showers nice in cold weather! Happy with our RV quality so far! Service centers make a world of difference when small questions arise😊. Full time retired RV’ers and tow with Toyota Tundra tow package w/o problems. 5 years may trade up to 5th wheel, but convinced Grand A design quality/floorplans appeal to us.
- Kathleen and Duane Tudahl, Idaho

2020-12-13 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

We love this RV. The open kitchen/living area is very comfortable and provides for plenty of living space. The island is outstanding and I love the large center sink. Probably the most amazing thing about this RV is the generous storage space in the kitchen and the many drawers. Also really enjoy the fireplace, Televator and the two theatre seats. Overall we really enjoyed this travel trailer.
- Kathi Hanifen, Washington