Grand Design Imagine RVs Reviews (71)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Imagine RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Sonya Platt from Idaho says:

Have you owned any Grand Design Imagine RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

The layout on this trailer is so well thought out. We never thought we would finally find exactly what we were looking for. Come on how many can't stand the size of the bathroom? Most are cramped. Admit it. My last one was. But good lordy did someone think this one through. Great walk around room. More storage than I know what to do with & did I mention the bathroom? But really great well thought out designs. Bedroom layout great, ample storage. Slide creates a comfortable large living area. I actually do not use all of the storage in this room either. If you haven't stopped & taken a look you are making a giant mistake.
- Sonya Platt, Idaho

2019-11-23 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

This trailer has two axels that are rated 3500 lbs each. The dry trailer weight is over seven thousand pounds. I wish I would have noticed this before I bought it. Now it’s sitting at a shop waiting to see if warranty will do the right thing and repair it or better yet upgrade the axles. What good is a trailer with bad axles? The whole point in a trailer is the ability to move it. I have owned multiple trailers and this is by far the worst one so far. I would never suggest this trailer to anyone. They still haven’t responded to warranty requests. I can’t stress it enough. Don’t buy from these guys. There is better out there. The interior sold my wife and I. But it is no good if they can’t even perform the most simple function of a trailer. They can’t even be towed without going through tires or bending axles from their under rated axle capacity. Don’t buy
- Joseph Packer, Utah

2019-11-22 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL View Listings

This was our first travel trailer in over 30 years of camping. We absolutely love the floor plan, the dealer, the livability and so far the warranty coverage. When we initially used the trailer we had owning issues, an island sink issue and a broken stove top glass which exploded for no apparent reason. Everything was repaired very quickly and at no expense to us. We've been on over 10 trips now in 3 months with zero problems at all. I guess my only concern would be that the issues we had at first should have been caught at the factory prior to delivery. Grand Design's inspection process leaves something to be improved upon BUT their service department is second to none. The unit is advertised as being towable by most 1/2 ton trucks. From my experience, my 1/2 ton could easily pull the 2970RL but I had way too much sway on the interstates. I even upgraded my weight distribution hitch which helped immensely but in the end it turned out that my tow vehicle just wasn't stout enough. We decided to upgrade to a gently used 3/4 GMC diesel and the problem was resolved. The 1/2 tons just aren't heavy enough to tow this trailer safely in my humble opinion. I'm sure there will be those that will argue this but this is my two cents worth. My biggest concern in buying any trailer was the after sale service and responsiveness from my dealer. In the end, I am extremely satisfied and am a happy camper.
- Denny Sivells, Texas

2019-11-12 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

It is an excellent floor plan and I'd buy it again if I had to down-size. Very comfortable to live in and an excellent towable and maneuverable RV. The RV is very comfortable and well insulated to live in extreme heat or cold conditions.
- rob, Louisiana

2019-11-07 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

We have loved our RV with the bunks. We have decided to go with a larger unit - that is the only reason we are selling our 2800bh. There isn't anything I would change on the layout or design inside or outside. Everything is easy to get to and there is lots of storage inside and outside. Grand Design has been our only brand we have purchased and feel confident that will be the brand we stick with going forward.
- Nicole Hegger, South Carolina

2019-11-01 2020 Grand Design Imagine 3000QB View Listings

Brand new rig, total garbage. Have owned the rig less than a month. Spent a few camping nights in it in the back yard before taking it on the road to CO. Laundry list of new problems discovered after having the dealer fix a list of problems we were able to catch before even leaving the lot. Before we left the lot: The curtains were broken in two different windows. Screen door had a crack in it. Back window had gaping hole in it from bad caulk job. Shower curtain broken. Got it home, camped a few days in the back yard- discovered a leak under the kitchen sink, lights on the master bedroom headboard flicker on and off, USB ports not working, handle fell off of the door (they didn’t even screw it in- screw holes had no screws in them, I guess they just glued it? Grand Design is a joke. Absolutely no way they actually do any serious QC on these things. Workers/management should be ashamed to take so little pride in their work.
- Mike L, Tennessee

2019-10-29 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL View Listings

With the E4 Equalizer Hitch this unit tows extremely well with just a Ford F150 Eco Boost. It is very livable with the Theater Seating and large LED TV. It has every package that could be added, and also every option available for this unit except for 2nd AC which it is preped for (50 Amp). There's ample storage for extended/seasonal living. It also is very comfortable for extended camping. A 2nd 12 Volt battery was added for extended Dry Camping.
- Dave, Ohio

2019-10-28 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

bought the rv in october 2018 at 20k kms after the dealerhip rent it for three months. Lots of problems with the Fiamma awning, it opens by itself without any intervention, or do not retract even manually. Waiting for a new engeneered part from Fiamma. Do not expect any support from Pleasure Way, the guy at the customer service has an agressive attitude. Pleasure way directs you to the manufacturers, giving you their phone number is what you can expect from them. They ask me to buy velcro straps to prevent awning from opening while driving, not fair enough to give it to their customers. Also have problems with Ultra leather fabric that peels on hems on both driver ans passenger seats. Pleasure way do not offer any help saying I do not have any warranty because dealership was the first owner and warranty is not tranferable. Will not buy Pleasure way next time.
- Michel Grenier, Quebec

2019-10-28 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

We purchased our 2600RB almost two years ago, and have had zero problems with it. The floor plan is perfect for travelling as when we stop along the road, we are able to access the kitchen, living area, and bathroom even with the slider in. Didnt fully realize the comparative quality until talking with friends who have other makes and continually have problems. I would absolutely recommend consideration of the Grand Design models.
- Lew Jones, Florida

2019-10-20 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

Been a year now that I have owned this unit. Over all it is ok but not worth the money paid. On the surface when first looking it looked solid. First trip the hot water tank electronic board fell off the wall and broke so had no igniter. (was taped to wall from factory) Upon investigating this I found wiring just sloppily hanging with no fastening to structure which can lead to breaks and or loose wires thus creating a fire hazard. Holes drilled through floor for plumbing lines and electrical were drilled and the shavings not cleaned up and the holes not filled with spray foam thus resulting in mice infestation. The main electrical panel IS NOT attached to wall and falls out down a gravel road. Sliding bathroom and bedroom door have a SCREW screwed into track as a door stopper. (WOW) My shower door (rollup type) quit working and the back wall of shower panel has buckled. These problems are all minor but clearly proves factory is a "PUMP OUT" as many as possible. The finishing quality of behind the scenes is extremely poor which is sad because they are minor fixes in both time and costs. So I recommend pulling drawers and screens and look behind to see the true quality. I would not purchase one again and if I were you I would not also.
- Kelly Smith, British Columbia

2019-10-06 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL View Listings

We just bought it last month, so will update as it gets some wear and tear. First, love the floorplan and overall quality, as well as the lighter tone in floor and furnishings from prior models. No complaints yet about quality/durability, but we are newbies still. Grand Design has clearly thought about a lot of issues and incorporated them into the design. Quality control seems good. A few minor points that could have been better designed: (1) access to water valves is difficult and not well covered by the handbook; (2) with dog-friendly features like a built-in dog bowl drawer, you would think the screen door would be constructed to prevent dogs from bolting through it (but it is not); (3) I'm sorry, but what is the point of including a quilt for the bed that is dry clean only? Really? Have you met many campers who want to dry clean anything in the camper? (4) There is a decent amount of storage place, but it is not all that practical; consider including a compartment that works for a small trash can, as well as perhaps fewer, but bigger, compartments over the seating area and above the stove. Overall, though, we are very happy with this. Works great for our empty nest travel with our puppies. Gave warranty/support a middle-of-the-road rating for now because we really don't know.
- JR, Maryland

2019-10-01 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

Purchased new Sept 2018. Tows great behind our 2001 Ford F350 dually. 7.3 eng. Traveled cross country twice to West Coast. Us & our 2 dogs! This unit is great for us! We previously owned a 5th wheel Cardinal. This unit is reasonably priced. Some issues-kitchen sink faucet replaced. Bathroom sink faucet squeaked minor fix. Wall between kitchen and bath had to be worked on during 1 year warrantee ck. Was loose inside. Leak in storage. A few screws outside by door came loose. Love: storage everywhere! Desk to do paperwork. Kitchen storage. Bedroom bath storage. SPACE-SPACE-SPACE plenty of room to move around. Access to bathroom when slides are in. On second extended trip and still feel this trailer was a good decision. THERE IS NO PERFECT RV! THEY ALL HAVE ISSUES AFTER PULLING 1000'S OF MILES. Have dry camped as well as rv parks and still very satisfied with our trailer. Purchased @Lifestyle RV in Kc, Mo
- Darlene Anderson, Missouri

2019-09-19 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

We have owned many RVs and this model 2150RB is a great, quality trailer. The insulation factors are better than almost all others and the towability is comfortable. Stays cool even in the 100's. Grand Design makes a nice rig.
- Kevin Milazzo, Texas

2019-09-07 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

Owned trailer for 3 days. Went camping for 3. When we got to where we were going we were down to 1/3 fresh water. Found pump would cycle off and on. Guess HWT was leaking under cabinet. Took back to dealer after literally 7 days. Dealer had it 14 days, called to say that all the issues had been fixed. This included the rear slider window not latching and small items. Went with a moisture meter and found sub floor was 100% saturated and lino was bubbling. Discussed with dealer and was told that GD has authorized repair. At this time I told the dealer that I wanted a new unit. (Paid $47,000.00 CDN). The dealer said he would talk to GD on my behalf. Haven't heard a word from dealer. I contacted GD myself and they said they have authorized repairs to $800.00 incl labour. Completely disappointed with dealer and dissatisfied with GD. Personally I would stay away from this manufacturer. We fell in love with the floor plan but absolutely regret purchase.
- Dale Rogan, British Columbia

2019-09-05 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

This is a wonderful travel trailer. Topnotch quality, and an amazing floorplan. Ton of storage, Queen bed with underbed storage, large passthru! Huge rear bath! Love the full 21 foot power awning. Grand Design has optimal Customer Service!
- Deb, Michigan

2019-08-23 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

Very nice trailer and very easy to tow. It has a great floor plan and use of interior space. There is lots of storage and plenty of cupboard space. Overall quite happy with purchase. We have not used or needed factory warranty support so did not rate.
- Don Cornthwaite, Alberta

2019-08-06 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

First trip out with the RV the fridge would not work awning leaked, love the layout but the quality is not there. Should have known that there would be a problem when we put sheets on the bed there was leftover wood shavings and small pieces of cut wire under the mattress. If someone doesn't have enough pride in there work to clean up after contusion and then place a mattresses down to cover the mess up. Then why would I( Imagine ) they would build a good product. After taking 2 days vacation to have the RV worked on it still is not 100%. Last trip out the windows leaking. But hey the fridge is working!!! We had picked a cheaper camper out but was told this was a better built camper and we loved the layout, the camper is not better built its cheaply built. We will be taking it out again in a few weeks hoping to find any other hidden problems before the warranty runs out. We expect there will be more trouble. And once the season is over I will be trading it off. The design and the thought is there with the camper, but the workmanship and quality is lacking..
- adam long, West Virginia

2019-06-10 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

Really disappointed in my 2600 RB Imagine by Grand Design, since day one have had nothing problems, the awning fabric being replaced for second time, half the front cap lights burnt out, on the new light strips several lights turned yellow, now have to be replaced again, my power jack was replaced due to a recall, on the new jack the switch cover plate sheared off while driving down road, toilet had to be replaced because it leaked, my theater seating heat feature no longer works, the leaf springs on my trailer need to be replaced they are all over slung which causes the trailer to bounce around while driving, spoke to Grand Design warranty on a few occasions and were not very helpful poor customer service, their brochure says they are raising the quality bar with their 250+ inspection process, which is misleading to customers. I wish I could post pictures of the defects of my unit on this post, for those interested in buying from Grand Design think again there's better options out there, Grand Design have nice floor plans units look great however they are built with cheap components. I was lucky, I purchased an extended warranty that covers all my repairs since Grand Design won't even cover anything anymore. Last time I buy from them!
- Jack, Ontario

2019-05-25 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

We have owned several RV's over our 60+ years of camping and traveling and this Grand Design Imagine is by far the best one so far. Well made, comfortable, tons of storage, huge bathroom easy to pull and set up. Very satisfied with this camper.
- William Emery , Florida

2019-05-14 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

We had a Minnie Winnie before this and this is so much better both in quality and livability. Large living area and huge bathroom. You do not feel cramped at all. Lots of storage both inside and underneath.
- Virginia , Iowa

2019-04-08 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL View Listings

Love love love this model. The wife and kids have plenty of room to cook and play. The rig is laid out perfectly and has so many amenities. We bought from a private seller which saved us a lot of $$$. Couldn’t be happier
- Benny White, Colorado

2019-04-08 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

We purchased this unit after looking at allot of other rv's and have regretted the decision every second since- We cannot get the trailer to stabalize no matter what we do- no one can move in their beds at night without shaking the whole trailer, better not sneeze or cough while anyone is sleeping- if you are on the toilet and someone walks in the trailer you feel like you are gonna fall off the toilet, the place we bought trailer says we need an extra stabalizer bar system to help with that- $600- we do not feel we should pay for that after paying $40,000 for this unit- we have had trailers in the past and have never had an issue like this, i have always had a stable trailer with no extra anything, they say there is nothing that can be done. We have returned the trailer for a water leak within the 1st 3 mths of owning it. The fridge stopped working the 2nd time we dry camped so we lost all our food and had to mooch off others for the rest of our trip. The fresh water tank is very poorly designed, once its full it continues to leak out so by the time you get to where you are dry camping you have lost most of your water. It sways all over the road while towing it. White knuckle driving the whole time you are towing. This unit is so disappointing to us, we do not even want to use it! Waste of our money! The place we bought it won't take it back, but of course they will charge us 10% commission to sell it on consignment for us. Seriously??? Like we have not lost enough money on this useless trailer!
- Donna Glenn, Ontario

2019-03-16 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

After 2 weeks out we had 13 warrenty issues that needed to be fixed. Small things mostly but VERY frustrating that this is a brand new RV. 2 of the electrical outlets didn’t work, outdoor speakers didn’t work, catch under the sink came loose and water went everywhere. The awning leaked! The Grand Design customer service has been AMAZING. The dealership repaired the leak with some caulking - and when I took it out again it still leaked. Was told nothing that they could do about it. MASSIVE rear bath - but would have lost 6-12 inches in bath room for more counter space in kitchen. Love the pop up counter extender.
- Lacey, British Columbia

2019-03-10 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH View Listings

Traded in October of 2017 from a Wildwood. We searched the brand and found our size and floor plan. Love our Imagine! The features are great for us. Would have liked a lighter color inside but all in all we like it. Double full size bunks our kids are teens, and tall, fits them well. Bathroom is a good size, large shower, real toilet. Outdoor cooking space, and 21foot awning is the best. Plenty of storage. Unit tows good, good balance.
- Clark J, North Carolina

2019-02-18 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

Great RV. It has one of the best layouts on the market. Very good quality as well. A few things Grand Design could improve on would make this travel trailer the best trailers out there. 1st oven needs to be 22 inches, can not cook too many things in a smaller oven. 2nd showers need a real shower door, not a paper one. One poor design there. In addition the trailer could use an outside propane hook up, an outside antifreeze port for winterizing, and slide out cover from the factory. I wouldn't change anything else. Love the RV. Would buy another one if Grsnd Design took my suggestions. SC
- Sal camarda, New York