Grand Design Imagine Reviews on RV Insider (110)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Imagine RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Sonya Platt from Idaho says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

The layout on this trailer is so well thought out. We never thought we would finally find exactly what we were looking for. Come on how many can't stand the size of the bathroom? Most are cramped. Admit it. My last one was. But good lordy did someone think this one through. Great walk around room. More storage than I know what to do with & did I mention the bathroom? But really great well thought out designs. Bedroom layout great, ample storage. Slide creates a comfortable large living area. I actually do not use all of the storage in this room either. If you haven't stopped & taken a look you are making a giant mistake.
- Sonya Platt, Idaho

2020-11-03 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

We bought new 2019 Grand Design Imagine about 1 year and half ago, have had several issues with it, first started with the kitchen mini blinds being mounted too high, you can see in the window when blind is closed. Then the outside kitchen water port quit working and then camping in cold weather the fan in the furnace came loose had to shut it off, Grand Design has a Artic pack sticker on it but the camper is poorly insulated, too many sky lights, looses heat quickly and next during a light rain noticed the awning leaks down the side of the camper. Camped during hot weather, inside temp would not get under 78% with ac running wide open, I see why the prewire it for two ac units because one is not enough, once again too many skylights, campers should not have skylights period. Next the gas lines that hook to the tanks starting leaking so had to replace them. Now the lights flicker whenever you use the water pump and next we blew out and did damage to the camper, found out from another website Grand Design uses Westlake tires from China and have read where several people have had issues with this brand just blowing up going up going down the road, this is my fault for not looking it over better before I made my purchase, the mattress was cheapest of the cheap had to replace and the recliner chairs only made for Small people, I am 5'11" and my feet hang off about a foot. Now one of the 4 skylights starting leaking. Hopefully nothing else will go wrong. Down a portion of my retirement to buy this and pay cash because I am handicapped and didn't want a payment, stuck with it now. My first hand advice to anyone wanting a camper that will keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter Do not look at Grand Design Imagine bumper pull, unless you want to spend the money to add another air unit or add extra insulation. Note to Grand Design Engineers leave the skylights OUT of the campers, you loose too much heat in the winter and they heat the camper up in the summer, a thin peice of plastic to the outside world does Not do the job and usually one of the first places a roof will start to leak.
- David Johnson, Arkansas

2020-10-25 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

I am the 2nd owner of this 2017 Imagine RB. The first owner camped 8 weekends a year. He was 6'5" with a Rottweiler; and sold because his family needed something larger. I camp 6 wks. a year at the beach; no problems; one person until the family piles in; and 2 dogs. Perfect for 2 people. I added a 12" luxury queen mattress; placed a twin mattress on dining area -- took out dining table; added a tall kitchen faucet/sprayer; added a better shower sprayer. There is not room for added people to sit --if that is important to you. When the family visits, we sit outside at the fire ring and picnic table, then the visitors retire to their tents to sleep. A couple of small kids could sleep and lounge on the twin bed insert; but other than that -- this camper is for 2 people only. I have had zero problems; and this camper has been used a lot in it's 4 year life span. Also foam has been sprayed underneath to prevent mice infestation; I run the air cond. all the time, then use a dehumidifer to get rid of other moisture; leave Irish Spring soap in cabinets because mice don't like it. I love everything about this camper; and in 4 years no issues. Yay.
- Deb Allen, North Carolina

2020-10-06 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

We had another camper we loved but it had a design flaw that caused the slideout to eat the seal. Water got in our underbelly and the compressed styrofoam floor disintegrated. We fixed the one side and $7500 later, our repair guy told us the other side was getting ready to go too. We asked for recommendations on a good quality built camper and away we went shopping. Our guy told us what to look for so we knew exactly what we wanted to avoid the same expensive heart sickening situtation again, shout out to Gunner RV repair in Beebe, AR. That guy is awesome. We chose the Grand Design Imagine because we loved the floor plan and the lighter color of the interior as well as the superior design of the slideout. It is gear driven, much sturdier and a better thought out design than our previous camper's chain driven slideout. Right away we could tell that our new camper was of a much higher quality in workmanship. Although we lost the huge pantry of the other camper, we had a ton more storage. It took me a minute to get used to the cubbies in the bathroom for the towels and wash clothes. It hasn't been a problem though and again, we have way more organized storage in the bathroom than we ever did with the old camper. We also have way more organized storage in the underbelly than before. The ONLY thing I have missed is not having a broom closet inside the camper. We can store the mop bucket under the roomy cabinet under the sink but there's nowhere to stow my mop and broom inside where it's convenient. We were just sick when our camper had it's seal blowout because we're getting ready to retire very soon. Our RV dealer took good care of us. It's important to have a good relationship with a dealer you can trust, shout out to MOIX RV in Conway, AR. We have a much better quality camper with a well thought out design and superior workmanship and we only owe a little more on it. The Grand Design Imagine is a win in our book and we came out of a nightmare situation smelling like a rose. Thanks Grand Design!
- Teresa Strickland, Arkansas

2020-10-02 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

Let me start by saying travel trailer construction In general, is lacking. These things are thrown together. Our particular trailer has had several drawer issues. The drawer guides in the bath were “tie wrapped together”! Cmon grand design! They sent new drawer guides and I repaired the drawer by actually building a frame for the drawer guides, like it should have been. The drawer under our stove is barely hanging on so I’ll be doing the same thing to that drawer. The sliding doors although convenient, need stops which I installed (bedroom). If you slide it open it comes off the track! If you forget to snap the strap before traveling it will slam into outside wall and come off as well. I found that the vent for the bathroom sink actually vents inside the cabinet and can stink even though we are diligent about cleaning and deodorants are added. Not sure what to do about that as of yet. I’m curious if the 85k airstream has these issues? For the most part we enjoy our trailer and have been RVers for 15yrs.
- Gary, California

2020-09-15 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2250RK View Listings

We bought our Imagine new from the dealer 7/2019. We used it 3 times before we winterized it. In late February we took it to the dealer for some small repairs that it needed before we started using it in the spring. All the items we pointed out were fixed however we were told the slide was out of adjustment and should be worked on. I assumed the factory warranty would cover this...nope, it only has a 90 day warranty on the slide?! Yep that’s right, 33K RV and we paid a $300 repair bill 8 months later. I’m sure industry wide the warranties are similar but that doesn’t make it ok.
- Jason H, Washington

2020-09-12 2016 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

We have had this rv for over 3 years and couldn't be happier with our choice. The large bathroom(accessible with slide closed),bedroom with real separation door, large basement,I could go on,make it the perfect couples camper for us. Easy to tow with a half ton, small enough to be nimble in smaller state parks yet ample room inside. The customer service at GD has been second to none. We have been tt weekenders for over 20 years and did copious research before we changed over to this one. All rv's, no matter the brand and cost, will have issues and the way the company stands behind them is the true value in which GD gets very high Marks from us. We have made several modifications to suit our needs, inverter system, additional electrical, cut out more storage,etc. Looking forward to many more years of long weekends and long weeks away in our GeeDee.
- Kimble and Marcy Webb, Maryland

2020-09-07 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

WRONG AXLE INSTALLED. Our 2019 Imagine 2800BH (purchased new March 2019) was an upgrade from a 2016 RPod that we had enjoyed over the years, but had outgrown as our two kids have grown older. I spent about a year researching and driving in and out of state to different RV shows and dealers looking for our next camper (one that I hoped to keep for many years even after kids went to college). I became very interested in Grand Designs Transcend, but overall the Imagine checked off almost ALL of my wish list (large bunks, large bath, lots of storage both inside and underneath, an outside kitchen, outside water access, automatic awning, queen bed, great layout, kitchen and fixture quality, very stylish, less than 32 feet, good materials, and the other options offered). They seemed to have good reviews and all of the dealers had good comments about the quality and manufacturer (not as established though). We had taken on several shorter camping trips around NV and it was wonderful - spacious, comfortable, road smoothly. Fast forward to June 2020 and the company my husband worked for closed their doors due to Covid. We decided it was our opportunity to move back home to GA, which we did. Although we have family in GA that we could stay with if necessary, we felt blessed that we had our Imagine. It meant we could stay in campgrounds driving the 2100 miles necessary to get there and until we could find a rental home or home to purchase - we had camping as an option until then! Our first cross-country trip consisted of my husband driving his F-150 hauling the camper and my 11 year old daughter and I following in my car. During the 1st day of our drive, I mentioned to my husband that I noticed the rear tires of the Imagine seemed to be leaning in at a slight angle at the top and asked if that was normal. Since we’ve never driven behind the camper (we were always in tow vehicle) I found it strange. He told me that the axles are normally bowed and the weight usually straightens the tire out, so it could just be that. Since we were making a 4 day trip across country, before we left we installed a backup camera, 2nd a/c unit and tire pressure/heat sensors on all of the tires, had the tires and breaks checked. Ironically (wait until the end) we had blown a tire on an earlier trip that was the right rear. Back to the long drive...late the second day, just outside of Oklahoma City, I noticed a wisp of something(smoke?) coming from that same right rear tire that had been replaced. Being paranoid - I got on the radio to my husband to tell him to pull over so we could check it out. Of course we were on an interstate and had to get across a bridge before he could stop (not far though). The inside of the right rear tire was so hot it glowed and was smoking...one good part of the camper design was having the fire extinguisher just inside the door nearby. We got to it just before the heat damaged the underbelly and surrounding area. I thought it was going to catch on fire. There is no doubt it would have had I not been behind him. The heat sensors were on the tire - not the middle. Anyway, we were about 5 miles to exit...ended up calling GoodSams at 7pm to help find towing (Good Sams was great by the way). Looong story short, Grand Design put the wrong axle on the rear. It turned out that it had the correct part number but was the wrong axle. So much for QUALITY CONTROL. Don’t blame axle manufacturer but Grand Design. The axle was straight instead of curved and GD put it all together. Remember the curved part...when you have normal weight on the axle it straightens, but if you have the wrong axle (straight axle as in our case) the weight causes the axle to bend...that explains why it appeared the top of the rear tires were angled in!l - they were!!! The repair place was good - they were able to fit us in and allowed us to leave it there while we had to continue our trip ($$$ wasn’t cheap!). The jacks and rear bumper was bent as well as rear stairs when we had to have it towed. $$$ Due to time constraints we had to leave truck and camper and continued to GA in my car so we could make our plane in 3 days to fly back to NV to pack and drive a Uhaul (ended up being 2), our boat and then, because GD our wrong axle we had to stop and get truck and camper when we got to OK City. By the way, we ended up having to fly ($$$) a friend out so he could drive the Uhaul and my husband could drive truck and camper (I can’t drive it) and I ended up driving 2nd Uhaul anyway. We had to leave a car that I had to fly back out again to drive back. None of which works have been necessary had Grand Design had quality control that would have found a wrong axle. My husband did call and speak with a few ppl at Grand Design both during and after. Don’t expect any help there. I do LOVE the camper even after all of this, but I am always scared to take it anywhere for fear of a fire or something else happening.
- Catherine Butler, Nevada

2020-09-03 2018 Grand Design Imagine 3170BH View Listings

Buyer beware!!! We've had the trailer for a little over two years. We have taken it on 15 to 20 trips. We were recently preparing the trailer for a trip and while filling the water tank in the driveway, it dropped to the ground. There were 5 people who witnessed this! We were relieved this didn't happen while driving on the freeway at 75 mph, as this could have been catastrophic. We contacted Grand Design, and they filed a case; however, refused to cover the damages which were over $1000. Our dealer, General RV, told us they sent photos and contacted them twice and they still refused to cover it. When you spend $40,000 on a trailer, you expect it to not fall apart after 2 plus years. To us, this is clearly a manufacturer design flaw and should have been covered by Grand Design. Our next step is to contact every dept of road safety in the country to make them aware and hopefully a recall will happen to prevent this potential design flaw from severely affecting others. We are going to contact the local news to see if they will pursue this further. Again, this could have been a major catastrophe, even ending in death.
- Dan Price, Utah

2020-08-31 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

This was our first camper and we absolutely loved it perfect for two people, getting cramped with two dogs crates though. Loved so much about this camper. The floor plan was fantastic! Highly recommend for empty nesters looking to downsize.
- Amy, Virginia

2020-08-22 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

Pretty disappointed! We chose Grand Design because we were impressed with their sales pitch of multiple inspection process controlling defects with the brand. Also for how well thought out the designs were. That just didn't turn out to be the case. We've had a lot of problems with this trailer. Some caused an extremely dangerous situations towing. First the Axel warped causing the rear wheels to camber. The tires not being designed to ride on the inner edge by the sidewall nearly wore completely through before we realized and the axel was nearly bowing down to the road. When they replaced the axel, the manufacturer sent an axel which had obviously been stored outside for some time. That axel cause a short which caused the frame to carry a current. The breaks would lock and release causing bucking every time we went to stop. We were told by a multitude of technicians, from every service repair shop we went that the problem must have been coming from our break controller. We lost the use of our trailer for the bulk of our first summer, all the time worrying that no one would find the problem and simply blame our controller. We switched it out twice, once with a new one and again with our friends we borrowed just to prove that it wasn't the controller. I felt the burden was on us to identify the problem or we would continually be told it wasn't the trailer. We had several leaks all caused by poor assembly. We are currently trying to find out why we had a pool of water under our bathroom sink. Still haven't found the cause of this one time massive leak which sent a cascade of water pouring out the undercarriage. In the process of looking for that leak, I discovered another unrelated small leak coming inside behind a panel from the exterior fitting. Something you would never normally find, but the kind of slow drip which rots out your sub flooring. Now lets talk about the construction of the interior. Our Dinette bench was completely falling apart after a small amount of use. We had to rebuild the frame work so that it didn't collapse or break apart. Some of the cabinetry is extremely flimsy and poorly thought out. We have a cabinet under the fridge which is a good size and should be able to hold a lot. But the bottom of the cabinet is completely unsupported only held up by staples. There's a drawer under it which now doesn't open and close right because the cabinet bottom bowed into the drawer. Poor Design... The cushions on the dinette are cheap and uncomfortable. One of the windows in the rear bunk doesn't shut completely. The dinette was promoted as U shaped which in reality is completely laughable. You could never even seat a small child along the back, so why make believe it's actually a U shape for seating someone. The "U" also removes to become an ottoman. Again laughable. That was obviously never tested. The ottoman is a simple box, not well framed out, with no hand holds so it's really hard to grab or move. It's completely useless. The cushions are all poorly attached with Velcro which doesn't hold them in place. Every time we stop while traveling, lots of cushions are sitting on the floor. I've had to fix that too. Lots of the components they use are cheap and will fail over time. So much for quality! I shudder to think what else is wrong that we just don't know about yet. Sorry I ever bought it. Don't waste your money on one!
- Diane Higgins, New York

2020-08-19 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

We have had our 2019 GD Imagine 2150rb now for 1yr here is what we have experienced so far - Leaking from stove hood, when removed found that it was not set in correctly from factory resulting in gap, then was sealed incorrectly causing water to come in. - Leaking from bathroom sink because they used pex hose connectors to connect pex to rubber hose which is not the correct way to connect the two - Leaking from water heater because of rubber hose connection to pex hose was not correct clamp - Leaking from side window because sealant was not properly applied - Leaking from kitchen sink because p-trap collar was broken - Mirror broke on closet door because it was improperly inlaid into channel from factory - Sink was not properly sealed allowing for water to penetrate the counter. The counter then swelled and pushed sink down making it come undone. Could not fix because of water damage, had to flip sink to fix - Leak in bathroom, when I removed the panels for a closer look I cannot find the leak but was able to remove a shop vac full of water that had already leaked. Still inspecting for leak, no luck yet. - Multiple pieces of trim coming off - Shelving above bed is coming undone and sagging Throughout all of this grand designs has been somewhat helpful in a sense they will send out replacement parts and do offer to fix things under warranty however the issue is we live in this thing, we cannot simply drop it off at a dealer and wait weeks, at time months, for them to fix it. So for now I get to play handy man. The good news is that I have since started a business doing rv renovation and repair so that I can help others that don't have the ability to wait weeks or months at a dealer.
- Will, South Carolina

2020-08-17 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

We have traveled to many VA state campground within about a 300 mile radius. Also we have camped several times in Coastal NC. We love this camper it is well designed and manufactured. We have owned several other brands this one by far has been no problem. Our reason for selling is we now have decided a small motorized unit will fit in our plans better.
- Mike, Virginia

2020-08-14 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

I like the camper for the most part, it has a lot of issues like several leaks. The jack stopped working. I have a leak under the sink in the bathroom.The fridge won't work on electric, the light over the couch has a short in it.The propane tanks are out of date. I've had it to the dealer for repairs and they had it a good two months and when I got it back they said that someone had broke into it, so they changed the locks and now they don't work very well. I'm trying to get it in the shop for more warranty work and they won't call me back. I'm not happy with my service or the quality of the camper. When I looked at it I was told it was the best in the business and when I bought the camper and signed the papers customer service stopped. I've had the camper for about 8 months and the cover on the tanks are already faded. The tanks are 6 years old, the camper was said to be prepped at the dealer, it was not. When I got home the cover to the waste pipe was gone and they said that I should have checked it before I left the dealership so they weren't responsible for that. I have a lot of issues with this camper and can't seem to get any help with it.
- Tommy Barnes, Kentucky

2020-08-02 2016 Grand Design Imagine 2950RL View Listings

Sorry this is long. We bought this brand new in 2016. The dealer said it was luxury and great craftsmanship. It appeared that way during the walk through. We are seasoned campers and this is not our first travel trailer but we were looking for a large trailer to basically live in for the summer. It sits on a seasonal site and was towed there by someone the dealer hired. It has never moved. Within the first two weeks we noticed the quality was not great. The shower leaked from day one. We had to have someone come out to look at it and he just added caulking. Didn’t help. You have to have someone stand in the shower and then caulk it and it still leaks not matter how level you are. Then the toilet seat broke. We’ve had it fixed and it broke again. Then many small things like trim, doors uneven, fridge not working correctly, but even so we loved the layout and dealt with the small things. the main thing was after our third summer. We closed it for the winter. Closed the slides and winterized it. Again, we are seasoned campers. We made sure the seals were tight and cleaned the slides and roof, and we left it for the winter. We didn’t cover it because why should we? It’s supposedly an all season camper. We came back after the winter to open it and found water damage and mold. There was still water under the slides when we opened them. Floor was warped. There was no obvious point of entry but the moulding was all warped and you could see water lines so we knew water had sat in the trailer. We were devastated. We contacted the dealer and they said why didn’t you cover it? You should call your insurance. We contacted Grand Design via email about the warranty to which they said it’s not under warranty anymore. I then emailed a higher up that I found on the internet and in that email I made it clear their quality and promises were untrue. They sent their lawyer after me who said it was our negligence. He was not nice and said contact your insurance. I knew insurance would deny it because there was no obvious point of entry for the water and they denied it. A tree didn’t break the roof so they aren’t going to cover it. It sits on a seasonal site year round so it has to be mobile home insurance. They told us to go to the company for defective workmanship. I went back to the company and heard from a customer service manager who was very nice. She heard me out, was empathetic and offered to pay for parts. Not labor. I thought that would be great except what about all the mold? And the parts had to be mailed to a company or dealer. The dealer didn’t care they left us high and dry. Never returned any other messages or emails I left for them and we had no way of getting the camper anywhere because we have nothing to tow it. We would have to pay $400 to hire someone to take it out and we lost months of our seasonal payment because of it as well. So, now we have a camper that is not worth what we owe. We paid for luxury and quality - $40k - thinking we would have it for years to come, and now we can’t even trade it in without losing our shirt. So no, I would not recommend. The warranty doesn’t help. By the way, we made it somewhat livable and now we are having problems with the radio, we did find an indent in the roof, the awnings have issues, they don’t stay down for rain to roll off, the oven doesn’t work and there is a myriad of other small issues. We definitely got a lemon but unfortunately we don’t have the money to just get rid of it. So we bought something we wanted to love, thought we were buying a great quality product and it didn’t turn out that way. In this instance the consumer lost. I was naive and thought the company would back their product but unfortunately they didn’t. I’m happy other people had good experiences with their Grand Design brand and truly wish we could say the same. Stay safe everyone.
- Josephine Foley, Massachusetts

2020-07-31 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL View Listings

Purchased my Imagine 2500RL new in April 2019. Had numerous problem with it since. (i.e. AC wasn't cooling (wire disconnected); Roof leaked inside camper(siliconed hole where wire for awning came into camper); refrigerator making loud noise/not cooling (replaced refrigerator); slide-out making a lot of noise(replaced gasket); blinds behind dinette broken(replaced); wiring in kitchen/bath not adequate(blows circuit breaker when coffee pot cycles); fitting under kitchen sink cracked, water in draws and cabinet; water accumulating in bathroom by shower,(siliconed shower door); breaks locked up when driving to dealership to get unit worked on, bedroom door jammed shut when camper is leveled(will not open); entertainment center wood cracked and separating; right turning signal inop; message inside of truck saying camper disconnected while driving. NOT HAPPY AT ALL! After reading the statement below, I wish the manufacturer would contact me, tried emailing and writing to no avail.
- Terry Donelon, Louisiana

2020-07-27 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

The layout is fantastic and looks great but dislikes fridge quick working both slides lower seals came apart .None of the cabinet doors will stay closed while pulling.The doors will rub the island and cause damage. Most the black out shades have just fallen right off the spin wheels. The wood looking trim peeling right off in bathroom.The trailer is a disappointing and grand design just tells you to talk to dealer. The 1st repair took 8 weeks to get fixed at dealer. The cheap tires are dangerous.
- Tony Hand, Texas

2020-07-18 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2950RL View Listings

This is my first travel trailer purchase. I purchased it new from a local Grand Design dealership. We had been in search of an RV for quite a while. It is just my wife and I primarily in the coach. The open rear living is spacious and comfortable. Well laid out with nice fixtures and entertainment center. Roomy kitchen area with well built appliances. The bathroom is a bit small but definitely maximized the use of the space. And all the plumbing fixtures were of a better quality than most other RV's. The bedroom is a bit small but still utilized the space with plenty of storage in the bedroom and throughout the rv as well. I towed the RV with a superduty truck and definitely had no issue. A half ton pickup is capable of handling it as well. With a good stabilizer bar it will tow quite effortlessly and safely. It was pre wired for a second ac in the master bedroom but did not come with it. I had one installed and would recommend anyone to do the same or have one installed in from the factory. The single unit does not cool the bedroom enough. They used very nice aluminum wheels and tires from the factory which added nice finish on the exterior. The one thing I had a gripe about was the factory mattress in the master bedroom. Replaced it due to being uncomfortable. I would personally rate this travel trailer a 4.5 out of 5. It is a very nice and roomy couples coach.
- Billy , South Carolina

2020-07-17 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL View Listings

The awning on my brand-new Grand Design Imagine travel trailer collapsed and the supports broke the first time it was rained on. This is not covered under warranty. I am in the second month of waiting for repair/replacement and frustrated at missing the camping season.
- Rick Rauch, Ohio

2020-07-14 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL View Listings

Wouldn't hesitate buying another in a second. Amazing customer service with the few minor issues even getting a return call on a Sunday while on a trip. Light stopped working in the ceiling, they sent another out without any issue. Couldn't be happier.
- Matt, Florida

2020-07-05 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH View Listings

The RV designers planned a floor plan to meet the needs of a family or couple who enjoy traveling, and the outdoors with the comforts of home. The sturdy structure made towing smooth and safe. Definitely recommend this make and model.
- Cynthia Wise Galvan, Texas

2020-07-02 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH View Listings

Took the vehicle in for 1 year warranty review and repairs to Windish RV Center. Not a single thing was repaired other than the order of a $8.95 LED Light. The microwave worked twice and has never worked again. Dometic refrigerator worked 5 times and now nothing. No power, no refrigerant, nothing. Guess if you are looking for a camper shell that you can add your own components to, this is a great insulated product. Be sure to tell them to strip it before you buy it because the crap they add is not worth the expense. Never again, James
- James Paterson, Colorado

2020-06-25 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

Well built, comfortable & attractive. Very easy to tow, quick to set-up and pack-up. Systems are all very straight forward. Lives more like a small condo then a trailer. The back bathroom & shower are huge. Couldn't ask for a better trailer. It was difficult getting some small warranty work done while out on the road (that seems to be a problem with all RV's) I Highly Recommend Grand Design!!!
- Richard, Washington

2020-06-15 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

I have this trailer for 2 years I had to replace both of the axles last year because they were bend, factory send them to me by warranty, but I had to pay for instalation. This year on my second trip on of brake drum just blow and I had to remove all brakes from one wheel to continue my trip. I had less than 300 mile on new axles. The quality on this trailer is very poor. I had to rebuild my dinet seat, reattach lot of trim pieces, both entre door was replaced by warranty, those just a major problem. It's nice layout but very bad engineered and build.
- Igor, Colorado

2020-06-14 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

I bought my rv new in 2019. This was my first rv purchase so I expected some issues as i'd heard you can expect some minor problems. This RV has been a nightmare for me and my wife. Every time we plan a trip it is something new. Yesterday, as we planned our first trip of the summer, the refer didn't work. After having an independent contractor come to our home, we were told it was the "eyebrow board" or the "control board" that was defective. This is after the hot water heater and a leak in the bathroom on previous occasions occurred. One thing after another. We cannot even book a trip without worrying whether this POS is even gonna work or not. We even dry and heat store our camper during the winter months. We recently had to cancel our trip because the refer would not work. The last straw. I do not mind paying the extra money for a "quality camper" that you can actually rely on. DO NOT BUY A GRAND DESIGN RV. I told my dealer I was dropping it off for repairs next week and would sell this POS ASAP. I believe you should get what you pay for. I payed $32000 for something my wife and I cannot even use. Total BS. At this point, I know I'm going to lose a ton of money but why keep this thing that you cannot use. Do not make the same mistake that I did. The Grand Design product is cheap and poorly thought out. It's been in the shop more than we've been able to use it. Also, they keep finding a way to charge us for "out of warranty" stuff. Bottom Line. POS. Don't consider this RV. I'm new to RV life so I cannot even tell you what is better but don't buy this product.
- Ernie Roberts, Oregon