Grand Design Imagine Reviews on RV Insider (89)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Imagine RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Sonya Platt from Idaho says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

The layout on this trailer is so well thought out. We never thought we would finally find exactly what we were looking for. Come on how many can't stand the size of the bathroom? Most are cramped. Admit it. My last one was. But good lordy did someone think this one through. Great walk around room. More storage than I know what to do with & did I mention the bathroom? But really great well thought out designs. Bedroom layout great, ample storage. Slide creates a comfortable large living area. I actually do not use all of the storage in this room either. If you haven't stopped & taken a look you are making a giant mistake.
- Sonya Platt, Idaho

2020-06-25 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

Well built, comfortable & attractive. Very easy to tow, quick to set-up and pack-up. Systems are all very straight forward. Lives more like a small condo then a trailer. The back bathroom & shower are huge. Couldn't ask for a better trailer. It was difficult getting some small warranty work done while out on the road (that seems to be a problem with all RV's) I Highly Recommend Grand Design!!!
- Richard, Washington

2020-06-15 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

I have this trailer for 2 years I had to replace both of the axles last year because they were bend, factory send them to me by warranty, but I had to pay for instalation. This year on my second trip on of brake drum just blow and I had to remove all brakes from one wheel to continue my trip. I had less than 300 mile on new axles. The quality on this trailer is very poor. I had to rebuild my dinet seat, reattach lot of trim pieces, both entre door was replaced by warranty, those just a major problem. It's nice layout but very bad engineered and build.
- Igor, Colorado

2020-06-14 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

I bought my rv new in 2019. This was my first rv purchase so I expected some issues as i'd heard you can expect some minor problems. This RV has been a nightmare for me and my wife. Every time we plan a trip it is something new. Yesterday, as we planned our first trip of the summer, the refer didn't work. After having an independent contractor come to our home, we were told it was the "eyebrow board" or the "control board" that was defective. This is after the hot water heater and a leak in the bathroom on previous occasions occurred. One thing after another. We cannot even book a trip without worrying whether this POS is even gonna work or not. We even dry and heat store our camper during the winter months. We recently had to cancel our trip because the refer would not work. The last straw. I do not mind paying the extra money for a "quality camper" that you can actually rely on. DO NOT BUY A GRAND DESIGN RV. I told my dealer I was dropping it off for repairs next week and would sell this POS ASAP. I believe you should get what you pay for. I payed $32000 for something my wife and I cannot even use. Total BS. At this point, I know I'm going to lose a ton of money but why keep this thing that you cannot use. Do not make the same mistake that I did. The Grand Design product is cheap and poorly thought out. It's been in the shop more than we've been able to use it. Also, they keep finding a way to charge us for "out of warranty" stuff. Bottom Line. POS. Don't consider this RV. I'm new to RV life so I cannot even tell you what is better but don't buy this product.
- Ernie Roberts, Oregon

2020-04-30 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2950RL View Listings

We were very excited when we purchased our 2017 Grand Design, but what a total disappointment. We definitely got a lemon, we have had nothing but problems and issues. Much damage due to slide defects, seal defects, stereo and fireplace have had to be replaced. Very aggravating when you spend $40,000+ and we now have water damage and are unable to open slide right now because of motor defect so we cannot open camp this weekend. We bought extended warranty, but very hard to get parts and will not cover inside water damage... Very disappointed and upset, now we can’t camp, trade in not worth much at all, etc. Would not recommend this product 😢
- Cathy James, New Hampshire

2020-04-27 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH View Listings

Did the research before purchase. We loved the size at 30ft, weight less than 6,000lbs and the floor plan. The full bunks in the back, the queen master in the front. Gave separation and privacy. the large shower and storage in the restroom works well. The dinette is a reasonable space for extra guest, but the seats are too mushy to sit long term or sleep well. The bunk Matt’s are not thick enough , too. The kitchen area is nice and has plenty of storage. The ceilings are extra high which helps . You don’t feel cramped in. I would have liked some color tho. These year models were all merlot cabinet panels, Merlot vinyl cushions, and trim. Dark sand walls and curtains/ blinds. White floors, counters, ceilings. Bright lighting, but the merlot finishes absorb the light. Outdoor space camp kitchen is a good size. Stove eyes, frig, storage drawer. Front storage really roomy. Awning is 21 foot the best!! It fits the trailer front to back. Plenty of lighting under the awning. I did change out the switch to a dimmer. Less bugs at night. Outer finishes are well done, nice wheels, lighting, staircase is the best feature. We love our Imagine, I would live in it , if my wife would Sell her shoes!😎
- Clark j, North Carolina

2020-04-24 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL View Listings

This unit was a nice upgrade from our previous Jayco in size, appearance, and overall quality. This was expected in the substantial price difference. The higher price however, demands higher expectations. The trailer is very comfortable and has provided solutions to the needs we were seeking. For the price, I expected more from the initial quality. Some of the issues we have experienced in the first 6 months: Recliners' base screws were all pulled out and unit was not secured. Sawdust in almost all cabinets and in corners of unit. A few nail pops. Propane detector "end of life" error. Grey water leak somewhere under shower, below floor. Scratches on door frame from fold in steps. Grease hub seal missing from spare tire. 2 stripped lug nuts. Storage drawer latches not holding drawers closed in travel. Toilet not secured properly to the floor. All of these were addressed through dealer who worked with Grand Design. Everything was covered as expected. Overall there were no major issues and we expected to have a few problems. Several really should have been caught by the dealer. The only design flaws we have seen so far are fairly minor. The glass media cabinet seems too heavy for the latch and falls open during travel. GD has metal cabinet door handles directly under this glass door. We cover the handles with foam to prevent a disaster. The heat/massage controls on the recliners are too sensitive. Simply placing your palm on the unit turns the controls on. Most people do this every time you get up. Water heater is in a really inconvenient place and requires a frustrating process to access. Winterizing panel is in a great spot in the pass through storage area, however, the cover is secured by at least 10 small screws that could easily be replaced by 2 latches. For the price, I think GD should be using Good Year Endurance tires, although the quality of the Westlake tires on the unit have so far been impresive and they came with very good free roadside coverage. Tank valves seem a bit too far back under the unit to reach easily, although they are well protected. Quality of the hardware, cabinets, counters, furniture, construction, fixtures, etc. is excellent. Interior and exterior design is very nice and storage is well thought out. Overall, we are happy with the purchase and will probably stay with Grand Design if we don't experience any major issues related to the manufacturer after year one.
- Kevin Peterson, New York

2020-04-23 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL View Listings

We purchased our camper in September of 2019. This is our fourth camper 45 years. We have traveled through Colorado and Wyoming with it and are very happy with the way it performed. We have also been camping with our grand children. The living space is extremely comfortable. I would say I was very surprised with the initial quality. The cable and satellite wiring was installed incorrectly, the rear door had to be slammed to close and the bar at the bottom of the window shades was hanging off. There was also a broken fender and bent front stairs. All of this was corrected under warranty but should have been caught prior to sale. On our trip the black rubber molding on the front of the camper that covers the screws was sucked out on both sides and I had to cut it off. The light ribbon under the awning also got sucked out as we were driving. Again this was also fixed under warranty. I emailed customer service with a question about wheel barrings and they called me with the answer and contact information for the manufacturer. I was impressed! I also called them regarding another window shade issue and they sent a new one to my house within a week, which was my option. The customer service is GREAT!!
- Joe & Maggie , Texas

2020-04-08 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

Camper is very nicely built, but the FACTORY is VERY VERY POOR. When you call you leave a message and they WILL NOT RETURN YOUR CALLS. You would think that a business that depends on the working class people would return your calls to try to help the customers out with issues. I cannot believe that the owners would not be on top of the customers concerns.
- Mike Ratliff , Ohio

2020-03-26 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

So we had it down to 2 different campers to buy and we are not going to buy The Grand Design because they decided to change the interior cabinets for 2020 and made it look cheap and washed out looking. whereas in 2019 they had nice dark wood cabinets in their campers and they took that great look away. So I guess we're forced into getting the other camper just because the cabinets have a terrible look to them in The Grand Design. Live and learn Grand Design
- Gary, Texas

2020-03-04 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

30+ year season RV owner we purchased brank new RV, however, have had major issues every year - first year - electric tongue jack is broken before first use, hubs not packed with grease, new HW heater installed after the first trip, awning not sealed so it dripped water, lights not working, wrap coming off, gas line not run to the outside kitchen. 2nd year - wrap still coming off, roof cracking even though 6 months maintenance and annual RV inspection by the dealer, fan stopped working in the bathroom, shower faucet leaking in bathroom had to be replaced, only half the LED lights under the awning work, and the LED lights on the front of the RV do not work and they have never been used. This year (2020) freshwater tank filling on its own, toilet leaking, gate value in black water tank not closing, receptacle replaced. Have begged Grand Design to replace the unit since we purchased it and they refused. They did repair some items however this caused us to lose months of camping because it has stayed at the dealer for months each year having repairs. This year it's been at the dealer 2+ months already and is not repaired yet. Don't buy a Grand Design.
- Rose, South Carolina

2020-02-28 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

I live in this RV full time, I like the layout and having a desk for my computer was very important to me and you dont see that in a lot of trailers. The look of the RV is very nice but on further inspection I found that some parts were made cheaply and poorly like the chipboard they use for instance and some pieces of wood were not as good as they could be. The crown molding inside didnt all line up flush, some other trim wasnt fastened properly. One major disappoint I found in winter was the amount of air that gets in by the furnace and also where they cut holes in the floor for the plumbing and electrical there was major air flow. Also by my bed it got very cold I think its because the storage runs under it and I had to put more insulation everywhere. I also wish I got dual pane windows because the single pane arent very good. I would recommend getting a fifth wheel instead they seem to be build better.
- Sydney, British Columbia

2020-02-18 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL View Listings

We love our Grand Design 2500 RL. The layout is so awesome, very spacious. We have had it for over a year now and are very happy with the overall quality and design. Tows well, lots of storage and shower in plenty big.
- Suzanne Chrisemer, Pennsylvania

2020-02-13 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

This particular Model allows a 1/2 Ton pick up to tow it. The Grand Design is a very livable unit, its like a small apartment. Easy set up allows more time to enjoy outdoor camping. The large slide makes the living room very comfortable. The walk around queen bed allows easy make up and tear down. We love it.
- AL WARD, Arizona

2020-01-28 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2250RK View Listings

I will never buy another Travel Trailer from Grand Design again. I bought a 2018 GRAND DESIGN IMAGINE 2250RK about 1.5 years ago. Had so many problems right from the dealership. Sewer vents were to short and venting sewage gas into the travel trailer, raw sewage spilling all over the floor, electrical breakers kept popping, electrical outlet had no backing, roof has already started coming apart, outside LED's are peeling off, cabinet stain is coming off, nail holes in cabinets, chipped - hook up panel, the list goes on. Grand Design gave me permission to go to social media about this matter, fair enough! They sold me a lemon.
- Steven, Washington

2020-01-21 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2250RK View Listings

Loved our travel trailer, but unfortunately we were only able to take one short trip in it. Now we have to sell due to a family medical emergency. I would have lived in it, that’s how comfortable I was. I will really miss it snd that week my spouse snd I shared together.
- Lori Harrelson, Nevada

2020-01-09 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

Great RV for a cross country trip or long weekends camping. All the comforts you need. Big Bathroom with Big shower. Large kitchen and lounge area with lots of counter space. Large bedroom with Queen size bed. Plenty of storage cupboards and hanging space for clothes. The ideal camper.
- Clark, Connecticut

2019-12-24 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

If Grand Design sets their bar on quality then how come we are having to purchase an extended warranty package to cover ongoing issues with your "lovely" product. Our unit has been at the dealership twice for a total of four months for warranty work. Waiting for warranty authorization and parts seems to be the culprit for the extended delays. So you might wonder why we are questioning your product quality. Let me list a few reasons. Bedroom air conditioner never worked and was replaced. Water heater element was replaced the first night out. Refer AC monitor was replaced. Fireplace was totally replaced. Awing retracting issues. Door was warped and replaced. Bathroom floor sounds like walking on walnut shells. Cabin filled with smoke when setting up and turning on water pump. What does the future hold for us and our lovely Reflection by Grand Design as we only have a short time of warranty left to completely rebuild as it would seem. We haven't any chose but to purchase and extended warranty package to cover probable ongoing issues. VIN.573FR3323K3322947
- Oran & Shirley Rooks, Wyoming

2019-12-11 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

We have experience nothing but problems with our Grand Design Imagine. From leaking, skin delamination, inside of door cracking and molding falling off are just a few of the problems. We purchased the camper in the spring of 2017 and by the fall, the under carriage was so rusted, it was hard to lower the stabilizers. We do live in WNY but the camper was only used from May to September. I fell in love with the layout. I really wanted this camper to work for us but with this many problems in the first 2.5 years. What does the future hold.
- debbie, New York

2019-11-23 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

This trailer has two axels that are rated 3500 lbs each. The dry trailer weight is over seven thousand pounds. I wish I would have noticed this before I bought it. Now it’s sitting at a shop waiting to see if warranty will do the right thing and repair it or better yet upgrade the axles. What good is a trailer with bad axles? The whole point in a trailer is the ability to move it. I have owned multiple trailers and this is by far the worst one so far. I would never suggest this trailer to anyone. They still haven’t responded to warranty requests. I can’t stress it enough. Don’t buy from these guys. There is better out there. The interior sold my wife and I. But it is no good if they can’t even perform the most simple function of a trailer. They can’t even be towed without going through tires or bending axles from their under rated axle capacity. Don’t buy
- Joseph Packer, Utah

2019-11-22 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL View Listings

This was our first travel trailer in over 30 years of camping. We absolutely love the floor plan, the dealer, the livability and so far the warranty coverage. When we initially used the trailer we had owning issues, an island sink issue and a broken stove top glass which exploded for no apparent reason. Everything was repaired very quickly and at no expense to us. We've been on over 10 trips now in 3 months with zero problems at all. I guess my only concern would be that the issues we had at first should have been caught at the factory prior to delivery. Grand Design's inspection process leaves something to be improved upon BUT their service department is second to none. The unit is advertised as being towable by most 1/2 ton trucks. From my experience, my 1/2 ton could easily pull the 2970RL but I had way too much sway on the interstates. I even upgraded my weight distribution hitch which helped immensely but in the end it turned out that my tow vehicle just wasn't stout enough. We decided to upgrade to a gently used 3/4 GMC diesel and the problem was resolved. The 1/2 tons just aren't heavy enough to tow this trailer safely in my humble opinion. I'm sure there will be those that will argue this but this is my two cents worth. My biggest concern in buying any trailer was the after sale service and responsiveness from my dealer. In the end, I am extremely satisfied and am a happy camper.
- Denny Sivells, Texas

2019-11-12 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB View Listings

It is an excellent floor plan and I'd buy it again if I had to down-size. Very comfortable to live in and an excellent towable and maneuverable RV. The RV is very comfortable and well insulated to live in extreme heat or cold conditions.
- rob, Louisiana

2019-11-07 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

We have loved our RV with the bunks. We have decided to go with a larger unit - that is the only reason we are selling our 2800bh. There isn't anything I would change on the layout or design inside or outside. Everything is easy to get to and there is lots of storage inside and outside. Grand Design has been our only brand we have purchased and feel confident that will be the brand we stick with going forward.
- Nicole Hegger, South Carolina

2019-11-01 2020 Grand Design Imagine 3000QB View Listings

Brand new rig, total garbage. Have owned the rig less than a month. Spent a few camping nights in it in the back yard before taking it on the road to CO. Laundry list of new problems discovered after having the dealer fix a list of problems we were able to catch before even leaving the lot. Before we left the lot: The curtains were broken in two different windows. Screen door had a crack in it. Back window had gaping hole in it from bad caulk job. Shower curtain broken. Got it home, camped a few days in the back yard- discovered a leak under the kitchen sink, lights on the master bedroom headboard flicker on and off, USB ports not working, handle fell off of the door (they didn’t even screw it in- screw holes had no screws in them, I guess they just glued it? Grand Design is a joke. Absolutely no way they actually do any serious QC on these things. Workers/management should be ashamed to take so little pride in their work.
- Mike L, Tennessee

2019-10-29 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL View Listings

With the E4 Equalizer Hitch this unit tows extremely well with just a Ford F150 Eco Boost. It is very livable with the Theater Seating and large LED TV. It has every package that could be added, and also every option available for this unit except for 2nd AC which it is preped for (50 Amp). There's ample storage for extended/seasonal living. It also is very comfortable for extended camping. A 2nd 12 Volt battery was added for extended Dry Camping.
- Dave, Ohio