Grand Design TRANSCEND Reviews on RV Insider (9)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design TRANSCEND RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Thomas Houghton from Connecticut says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Grand Design Transcend 27BHS View Listings

We really like the layout of the 27BHS and have owned it for about 3 months now. We are extremely (emphasis on extremely) disappointed in the quality of the camper. While towing the camper from the dealer back to our house, we had our first casualty. The propane hose that is clamped along the chassis to provide fuel for the outside kitchen stove broke away from the chassis and was dragged for several miles before a good samaritan pointed it out to us. Unfortunately the dragged hose wore through the fitting creating a leak, which we had to fix. Over the next two months, a dozen issues were discovered. 2. The outside door is extremely difficult to latch. We had to remove the strike plate to make it less difficult to latch the door. 3. The bathroom vanity wood frame around the lower cabinet is cracked. 4. The smoke detector in the kitchen alarms every time we use the inside stove. 5. One of the wall panels on the slide-out was cut too big and bowed out, separating from the wall studs 6. The door trim around the master bedroom door was also cut too big and bowed out, separating from the glue holding it in place. 7. The bracket on the wall below the master bedroom sliding door that keeps the door near the wall pulled out from the wall because it wasn't screwed into the wall stud. 8. The wall that the wall board mentioned in #5 screws into is also separating from the wall studs. 9. The fairing along the outside bottom of the camper is not properly secured because the screw was stripped on installation. 10. The pet bowl drawer below the frig is coming off it's slide because the screws are stripped. 11. The drip pan on the indoor stove pops up every time we travel. I am not sure how it is supposed to be secured, but it isn't secured properly. 12. The kitchen cabinet doors over the kitchen window do not close without significant rubbing between the doors. 13. The wallpaper covering on the walls has multiple glue stains from applying too much glue to the plywood when applying the wall paper. It's not something that sticks out right away in the showroom, but when you are living in the camper, they start to become more prominent. We have only owned the camper three months and have only towed it back from the dealer and taken it on one camping trip, so I don't know how many more issues we are going to uncover, but I am not confident that we have identified all the issues. We initially bought this camper as a place to live while we renovate our house, so we have not been able to schedule a time to repair all of these issues until we finish the house enough that we can move into it and move out of the camper. It is so disappointing to find so many manufacturing defects in a brand new camper. We have been told by many people that the RV industry as a whole does not produce first time quality campers and relies on warranty claims to address any quality issues rather than fixing the quality escapes at the source. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!! We are optimistic that these issues will be properly addressed by the manufacturer and that this camper will stay together long enough to enjoy it for a few years...
- Thomas Houghton, Connecticut

2020-06-10 2020 Grand Design Transcend 28MKS View Listings

Over build quality was a little disappointing. Under belly liner had a few rips in it and instead of replacing, foam was sprayed into the tears Water line to water pump was so tight that the installer just kinked the hose over with 90% bend. No water would flow thru. I repaired the hose issue with coupling. Something simple as doorjamb lock plate was 1 inch to high and dead bolt could not be engaged (I relocated to correct Position) Quality control should have caught these. GD support has been super in response and tracking issues and path to resolution. Dealer prep missing as well, all locks for storage doors and the lock cams were ready to fall off. Tongue Jack Pad fell of during transport. I will say this I owned (in the past) and for over two years rented travel campers as well as researched for over a year before choosing GD. For my price range I found that the Transcend Line used better materials than most others even when I looked at the other Brand models that were considered higher end models. Long run and reliability not sure yet. I just purchased in March of this year (2020) I did test systems often since I was stuck in my driveway and only recently made my first trip. Overall I am happy and feel DG reps are very open to suggestions and improvements.
- Phil Savarese, New Jersey

2020-06-04 2020 Grand Design Transcend 27BHS View Listings

Our experience with this RV has been very good! It’s comfortable and plenty of room for extra people! The bunk beds are great so you don’t have to make the table into a bed and then put it back up the next day to use! Lots of drawer and cabinet space! Have the space under the beds is very convenient for storing larger items that you want to keep clean! The bathroom is roomy enough to shower and get dressed in with ease! The design is well thought out and cosmetics are very nice! Looks like a high end camper on the inside! We have looked at every travel trailer out there and for the money this is the best one you can buy!
- Jennifer, Texas

2020-05-09 2019 Grand Design Transcend 31RLS View Listings

This is a great RV to have as a weekend getaway parked at your ranch. I used it on and off for a while for this purpose and it's great. The layout is fantastic, everything works wells, and it has plenty of space.
- Kevin, California

2020-04-23 2019 Grand Design Transcend 28MKS View Listings

We spent time at rv shows and online looking for our 3rd rv. We found this at a rv show and never looked back.we used it 3 times found were happy with our choice. Winterizing was very easy with the kit already installed. We had 4 items for warrenty work 3 minor and 1 problem with black tank oders. I have never had service done as professional as the factory and dealer did for us. All problems fixed right and they kept us informed through texts and phone calls.For us we made the right choice.
- Steve, Ohio

2020-03-15 2020 Grand Design Transcend Xplor 221RB View Listings

Bought a 2020 221rb Transcend Xplor. Love the floor plan, However I have had numerous issues. GD has been responsive so far but I'm getting tired of the LEAKS ! I have only moved this unit Twice. Once to a Campground and now back to my property to repair leaks. Biggest issue has been sidewall caulking has bubbled and cracked in 16 areas in less than 5 months. I've had 2 rain water leaks that soaked insulation and wood which I had to dry out. Had black tank flush flood my back wall first time I used it. Seriously doubt at this point I would buy another Grand Design. After 2 years of research I can't even put into words how disappointed I am with this trailer.
- Tim Mccorry, Alabama

2019-10-01 2020 Grand Design Transcend 26RLS View Listings

I have had my Transcend for a few months and five trips and I am delighted with it. I have had alot of RVs over the last 30 plus years and realize no rv is without faults. This one has had remarkably few, all of which were minor,such as the bathroom sliding door casing trim bowing out in the Arizona heat. The dealer trimmed it and all is well. The overall fit and finish is good and the layout is well thought out with alot of features for its price point. I have worked as a RV tec and have been impressed with Grand Design's helpfulness.I would recommend this brand without reservation.
- Bruce Kather, Arizona

2019-09-17 2019 Grand Design Transcend 26RLS View Listings

We bought this trailer upon our retirement from the military while still stationed in Florida. We are new to rving, but we're smart enough to know that this camper has some real issues. Let me name things that have gone wrong in the first 6 mos: blinds all unravelled and are hanging loose; kinked gas lines; loose screws on recliners that got caught in slide and ruined floor; oven came apart; "wet" glue lines visible beneath wall covering; 2 vents damaged (1 fixed twice); oven door came off; audio problems; wood bench at kitchen table totally came apart; hardware at door came off; black tank leaking; hole in bathroom floor to the outdoors; leaks in both bathroom and kitchen sinks; interior slide doors out of track and screws pulled out of wall (twice); gaps in window screens that bugs come in. That's a lot, but there's more. It's just my husband and me-no kids, no pets. This is a hunk of junk that just keeps racking up the problems, and efforts to reach out to Grand Design, with photos, are pointless. We've fixed most of the problems ourselves while traveling. If Florida's lemon laws applied to RV's, I would be suing Grand Design.
- Shannon Martin, Florida

2019-05-14 2019 Grand Design Transcend 31RLS View Listings

We just purchased this RV in April. I absolutely love it. Grand Design are so helpful. We did has a small issue with our slide, but Grand Design stepped in and got it fixed under warranty right away. I love my floor plan, I have a ton of storage, a kitchen island, a real kitchen table and chairs, 40in TV, DVD player, and radio system that plays in doors and also outdoors or you can choose one or the other. It has reclinering theater seats. It also has a real queen sized bed. Not a RV sized bed. It has a hug roomy shower. It also has a spot for a washer and separate dryer. A walk in type closet in bedroom. It has lots of storage under as well. This floor plan has 3 slides, so it is so roomy it doesn't feel like a travel trailer, but more like a tiny one bedroom house. I highly recommend this travel trailer. Grand design makes there trailers with high quality materials. All the cabinet are wood faced. You wont go wrong with Grand Design
- Paige Brewer, Georgia