Grand Design REFLECTION

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design REFLECTION RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

JB from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

From day one this unit has been problematic..first the heater duct was off going into the bedroom,could get no result from selling dealer...only excuses so took basement panels off and fixed myself..no screws in heater duct holding heater duct hose to plenum..only cheap tape..little wonder it fell off.It wont come off now.Then there was the shower...first use water all over the floor...again no help from selling dealer..just more excuses.Then after getting on roof to check vent covers dealer installed...found them to be out of alignment so couldn’t open vent...fixed myself since dealer only makes excuses.Then found numerous outside trim screws missing...after further investigation found most to broken off inside coach frame...looks like they were over tightened at factory...again no help from dealer...just excuses...I could go on but time and space would not allow it here.Buyer beware...better check it out good before you buy it...and don’t buy from local dealer in Pasco,Washington...be ready to fix things yourself.Grand Design really needs to have better quality control...or go back to the drawing board.
- JB, Oregon

2021-07-21 2019 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS View Listings

We really like this great floor plan. The two private bedrooms, master in the front and bunkhouse in the rear are both very private. The full front bath is very nice and has a slider door to the master suite and a regular locking door to the hallway. The shower is perfect in size and the aluminum hot water heater is wonderful in heating the water quickly and very low maintenance. The water heater is both electric and propane. The kitchen is very large with a very nice island and large full size door on the pantry. The stove and oven are excellent and simple to use and clean. The microwave is perfectly mounted above the stovetop and is very reliable. The Dometic refrigerator is a very large four door unit, but it has had its challenges. It works, but you need to watch it closely. In hot weather or in higher elevations it can be somewhat temperamental. The upper freezer doors ended up leaking A LOT of the interior glue (dark brown) onto the lower doors and into the unit. This glue has caused the lower doors to stick and not close properly. I have cleaned the glue off multiple times, but it has always came back. The trailer seems to be very high quality construction and we enjoy the extra space from the three large slideouts and the smaller slideout in the master suite. There is plenty of storage inside and outside, along with a deluxe full outside kitchen including a large electric refrigerator, microwave and two burner stove. I upgrade the exterior wireless camera system to have full view on all four sides of the trailer while towing/driving and I wired the system to work while we are camping/RV Parking for surveillance viewing of wildlife or for protection. The flooring, wall coverings, high ceilings and two Coleman air conditioners are functional and beautiful. The furniture, large flatscreen TVs (main TV and master suite TV) are comfortable and of high quality. Grand Design customer support has been the best experience ever. They are prompt to return calls or email and even helped encourage dealerships to service our RV in a timely manner. They have been at the ready to cover any warranty repairs or non-warranty items as well.
- Victor , Nevada

2021-07-17 2019 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS View Listings

Our Grand Design has been amazing. The ONLY thing we don't like about it how the awning is one large unit that goes over the slide, the design makes the space under the awning a lot smaller because it's all taken up by the slide. But, we love everything else about it. The layout, the quality, the customer service...everything is top notch. We highly recommend Grand Design and especially love the 312bhts!
- Katie Krivolavek, Nebraska

2021-07-16 2019 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

Multiple camper failures needed to replace furrion microwave convection oven due to bad handle switches not serviceable had to replace entire side by side refrigerator due to bad build trim falling off slides multiple times outlets are falling out of wall. Very light use camper and with covid all of 2020 it was not even used so 1 1/2 years and this thing is falling apart. Just talked to grand design and they told me I'm close to end of warranty and pretty much I should go away. They got my money and they don't care about their product even though I still have 2 years on extended warranty and the dealership got me the parts ie fridge and microwave and I had to change myself because they could not go to campground and fix it. And yet I have the best warranty you can buy. This is last grand design camper we get and by the way its our second grand design camper so we are supposedly great customers. If we can get 3 months of camping in maybe we will post a better review. So currently since new 7 problems with camper. Dealership worked on it multiple times and so did we for the price it turned out to be a huge project.....
- Robert Campbell, Pennsylvania

2021-07-15 2021 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

We have the 150 series 260D purchased June 2021. We love the unit, but had I known about the horrible 3 inch clearance of the rear stabilizers I never would have made the purchase. I have submitted my concerns about this terrible engineering design three times to the manufacturer with absolutely no response. The dealer has been trying to help me, but I was told there was no way to raise the jacks to give me at least 6 to 8 inches clearance. I would seriously caution anyone not to purchase anything in this series until the engineering problem has been corrected.
- Dr. William Burns, Colorado

2021-07-13 2020 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

First trip out the plastic trim that covers the trim screws fell out. Little Dealer Little Prices said this is not a warranty item. GD customer service could not be reached. Paid for this out of pocket. The control that runs the refrigerator died GD customer service would not answer the phone. $300 out of pocket for parts. Fixed it myself. At less than 2000 miles one of the "China Bomb" tires came apart and damaged the whole side of my unit. After four calls and no answer, I called the main number. Grand Design told me to turn it into my insurance. If you cannot fix it yourself DO NOT buy a Grand Design.
- Kieth Knight, Arizona

2021-06-25 2017 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

Our 2017 Reflection is a dream. We decided to buy a new Reflection. This home is ready to go. It has the best theater seats, fireplace, tv, trifold couch, 4 chair dinette and island. You will love the outdoor entertainment area and the 18 foot lighted awning. With 3 slides, and back up camera hook up, auto leveling system you will be a happy camper. We put a new queen never used mattress in bedroom.
- Vicki McCrea, South Carolina

2021-06-14 2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS View Listings

I really like the floor plan of this unit. However on our first trip after purchasing the unit in June 2019 the furnace went out on our way to Arizona. After arriving in Arizona, I spent numerous hours on the phone with Grand Design trying to get the furnace repaired. We were in Phoenix and experiencing the coldest December with record lows. I was told by Grand Design that we would have to take the unit to Mesa, Arizona for repairs. Grand Design said they would not pay for a mobile repair. I ended up calling LaMesa RV who is certified to repair the furnace and they sent out their mobile unit. LaMesa service department said they would deal with Grand Design and repaired our furnace as night temperatures were in the low 30’s. We received better customer service from an RV dealer who does not sell Grand Design then we did from Grand Design. Now we have a problem with the rollers on our number one slide and have to continuously stay in contact with our local Blue Dog dealer to get the repairs done. The dealer has to send pictures to Grand Design to have the repairs approved. The approval process for warranty work at Grand Design is an extremely slow process. I spent over two weeks calling daily to get the furnace repairs approved so I can only imagine how long this is going to take to get the approval to repair the rollers on our number one slide. We have been RVing for 30 years, this is our first and last Grand Design RV. It’s going up for sale in the Spring. I would not recommend Grand Design based on their poor customer service when needing repairs while the unit is stills under warranty warranty.
- Valerie Crafard, Oregon

2021-06-08 2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

We liked the floorplan, the electric/propane frig, the electric fireplace, the HD LED TV and sound system along with the DVD player and radio. Lounge chairs were comfortable and with three slides we had lots of living area. The four chair dining table fit us perfectly. The LED lighting was great. The fold out sofa bed was really comfortable. Bathroom was well laid out but I wish they would have put in a TP roll hanger :-) Ease of towing is a wonderful experience as the 18 wheelers didn't budge us when they passed. We had great storage space both inside and outside. The leveling system is very easy to use either automatically or manually which made setup extremely easy. I'd recommend this unit to a friend.
- Byron S. Landry, Louisiana

2021-06-02 2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH View Listings

BUYERS REMORSE Purchased in February of 2021 used twice. It’s been sitting at dealer waiting on “warranty approval” for almost 2 months. Right after first trip we discovered a list of 13 broken or poorly installed items. 2 months later and these items have still not been fixed. This is unacceptable and would’ve never purchased this rig had we known all the issues it was going to have. We are getting ready to go in a long road trip and will most likely have to cancel now! RUN AWAY FROM THIS MANUFACTURER! They do not care about their customers.
- Amanda Remlinger, Arizona

2021-05-31 2019 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

Our experience has been great with this 5th wheel. It is comfortable and easy to tow. It has a good amount of storage we both lobe the recliners and the kitchen Island. It has a roomy shower and the bathroom is roomy overall.
- Ned , Arizona

2021-05-23 2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH View Listings

Stay away from Grand Design! Their new units are absolute garbage. We have owned ours for less than six months and have had to deal with multiple total failures of major parts. Slide? Complete failure. Leveling system? Failure. Trim? Falling apart. It has been a disaster and their customer service is largely unresponsive. When they do answer, they don’t believe the service center (which they approved) and tell you to take it somewhere else. They are not helpful. Avoid at all costs.
- Chris Borda, Florida

2021-05-11 2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

We purchased our 5th wheel and have enjoyed taking it on extended trips. It hasn't let us down and is comfortable enough to live in for extended periods of time. When we started hearing complaints regarding the quality of tires that were initially installed on the rig, we took a precautionary measure and upgraded the tires approximately 1 year ago. The rig has been winterized every year, and once the cold season is over, it is de-winterized and all systems are thoroughly checked out to ensure everything is in working order. This trailer has been a low maintenance unit. When we go out, we travel for 2 to 3 weeks at a time. However, due to medical issues, we made the difficult decision to try and sell as it's become too difficult to travel like we used to. If it weren't for these issues, we would be planning our next adventure and traveling the country.
- Gerald Cole, Nebraska

2021-05-09 2020 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS View Listings

Problems. Plastic end cap on water line to the rear of the unit cracked during freezing weather. Water was all over.Had to put holes in belly cover to get water out. Plastic hardware in two drawers did not hold the drawers shut. Power cord, and power trailer input connection, burned up. Television has never worked properly. DVD input only works on the second try. Shower walls were never extended far enough to keep all water in the shower. One of the nitrogen tires blew, damaging the skirting. A plastic piece on the refrigerator broke off. The dealers technicians could never fix anything properly. Grand Design warranty people are very hard to deal with. A class action lawsuit may be in order!
- Virginia Lewis, New Mexico

2021-05-08 2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

I am very happy with Grand Design. This is my 3rd GD trailer and I am purchasing number 4 this week a Solitude 310GK-R ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Mal Speer, North Carolina

2021-05-06 2020 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS View Listings

Problems still problems. 1st broken water pipe, 2nd electrical problem 2 times and still not resolved, third tire blew out and damaged skirting and still not resolved. What's going to happen next. Has ruined our trip and can't get communication with people that are supposed to help us. Took 3 months to get reimbursed for the 1st electric problem and still trying to get a response for the 2nd electrical problem which was over $500 out of our own pocket. Ruined trip and anxiety. Don't trust this rv. What will happen next. TV antenna not bringing in 0 to 4 channels even after replacing with another one.
- Geoffrey Lewis, New Mexico

2021-04-29 2020 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

Aweful: Brand new! Dead battery, intermittent slide out, and one ac not working.... this was our first trip camping! Tech support knew immediately issue with slide out... really? Why did you sell it that way? Sort of makes one question quality control!
- Jimmy miller, Mississippi

2021-04-26 2021 Grand Design Reflection 295RL View Listings

210415. We just bought this brand new Grand Design Reflection 150 Series 5th wheel travel trailer. I kept feeling a draft, but thought it was my imagination. One day I opened a drawer on the wall opposite the bathroom, and I could see right into the underbelly. I went outside and opened an underbelly door and there is a partition, but along the top of the partition is completely open because of the floor joists. On the other side of the partition is the back of the chest of drawers opposite the bathroom. The wind and air from the underbelly is free to blow directly into the trailer over the partition, thru the underbelly and thru the chest of drawers.
- Bil Comly, Montana

2021-04-15 2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

We have had this RV less then 3 yrs. The oven doesn't work, the CG player won't play movies, the refigerator has to be run on full blast even though we defrost once a month. Hato to replace the water heater as it had 6 holes in it. Had to replace bottom base of toilet as flusher broke, we had to replace the motor in the large A/C unit. Mind you, we live in this RV and we are stationary in the San Benito area.We still owe $50,000 on a $65,000 unit that in my opinion is junk. I have contacted customer service and they never responded. We are both retired and our options are limited. We can't sell it becuase we would never get close to what we owe. My advise is to not by anything fron Grand Design
- Mary Thompson, Texas

2021-04-12 2020 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS View Listings

If I could give zero stars for not only this camper but Grand Design as a company I would. This is the most poorly built camper I have ever seen. We bought the unit a year ago and live it in full time. Since then we have had countless problems, including but not limited to, the microwave not working, our oven going out, slide outs not going back in, electrical problems and most recently our fridge going out. We have been dealing with warranty for TWO months now trying to get a replacement fridge. They keep giving us the run around and trying to find ways to get out of paying for a new fridge for us. Let me say again that we live in this unit year round. So we lost hundreds of dollars in meat that was in our freezer and hundreds of dollars in groceries that were in the fridge. When we asked to be reimbursed for that loss, Grand Design said no. Even though we have been dealing with not having a fridge for two months and having to use coolers and ice for groceries. This company is a joke. We were finally supposed to receive our new fridge today, but they sent the wrong one. How does a company who has known for two months about our fridge problem send the wrong unit? Who knows how long we will have to wait now for a new one. On top of all of this the customer service has been horrible. They tell us one thing and then do another. I can’t express enough not to buy anything that Grand Design has built. They are unprofessional and their products are simply cheap. They don’t care at all about quality only about quantity.
- Hope Palmer, Colorado

2021-04-09 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS View Listings

Never having owned an RV of any sort, this may be a biased review, but I love this RV! So well thought out. It squished everything I could ever want into the smallest space you could put it in the smartest possible way. An office, what feels like a full size frig, micro, great size stove and oven, more pantry than most homes, lights (and motion lights) absolutely everywhere, lots of plugs and USB ports, I put a washer dryer in, great blinds, tv inside and out plus spot for one in bedroom, outdoor kitchen and speakers, fireplace, full size shower (I'm tall so I needed a good size shower) and tons and tons of storage inside and out! The only complaint I would have is that the viewing windows that you sit and look out of are on the opposite side as the door. I don't think this will be ideal when camping and I look out over someone else's campsite and have really no visibility of my own campsite. I gave the driving/towing 5 stars based on other reviews, but I have not driven it yet!
- Suzanne Dalton, Ohio

2021-03-29 2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

Although this unit is a 2016 but purchesed in 2017, it has been well taken care of and always stored inside temp controled bldg. We have only used it aprox 3 times a year for 2 week periods at a time. We could not be happier with it as there have been no major problems except for the furniture.The coverings on sofa and recliners are simply comming apart apart .When we sit in the recliners our backs and neck are covered with brown chips and now the only material left is a cloth covering.The arms are also starting to seperate. I would have thought a unit of this quality would have better coverings. By the way, there are only two of us and we are senior citizens so its not like it gets abused.
- Doug owen, Tennessee

2021-03-20 2020 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

First the trim fell off. Now I have a leak under my bathroom sink and can not find out where it is leaking.I thought it was the sink but it's coming from the floor. I pulled out the drawer in my bedroom to look for the problem and the drawer fell apart. I am so disappointed. I have have called for service but can't get anyone to come and fix this. I live in a RV park and it's not like it is in the middle of no where. I WILL BE SELLLING THIS ASAP. Big waste of hard earned money
- Sonia Childress, North Carolina

2021-03-11 2021 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

Bought this new 30 days ago. Fridge, not getting cold, bad compressor per dealer. Apparently came from factory that way. Grand design and furrion contacted. New fridge approved, thought was on its way, 2weeks ago. Recontacted them 2 days ago. Still not shipped. Apparently order lost. Need this fixed and working in 2 weeks, as I leave then for summer camp host job. Dealer said likely won’t happen. Why??? Also noticed there were 2 carbon monoxide detectors, and NO smoke detector in trailer. Huge life safety risk and state/federal law violations??? Came from factory that way. How many other trailers, came that way too? Nation wide recall??? Also had propane leak by slide out. Missed by dealer. The warranty check off list from dealer/manufacturer , showed those items in place, and working properly. How??? Just rubber stamping list and not actually looking at them! Breach of trust??? Isn’t that list, a legal document??? What if there had been a fire/explosion with loss of life, because of this??? Legal and PR nightmare??? I am a disabled/retired firefighter/medic. Have seen this happen, in real life. Not pretty. Just don’t want it to happen to others, especially families/kids. Thanks.
- Gary, Oregon

2021-03-08 2020 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS View Listings

I would never recommend buying any sort of RV that Grand Design builds. We bought our camper in May of 2020, a 367 Reflection, artic package. We went with this camper because we live in ours full time. The big seller on this was the artic package that Grand Design put in the camper. This package includes many different elements that you can look up online. Many of which were not included on our camper even though it was sold as an artic package. This includes, heated tanks, insulated slide out floors, and some of our water lines to our kitchen sink were not placed in the heated area. After picking up our camper we immediately had to take it back in to be serviced because there were so many issues: *Our toilet leaked sewer water *Awning was cut too short and was coming off the track *Awning light didn’t work *Kitchen slide out had a hole in the bottom that we could see outside *Bedroom door frame was too large for the door so it wouldn’t shut *Propane switch valve didn’t work *Auto leveling was off *Outside water port didn’t work *Microwave didn’t work These were all things that were wrong when we picked the camper up, brand new. Since then we have not gone one month without having problems in our camper. *Oven went out *Converter went out *Fridge went out *Staples sticking out of the carpet *Two kitchen chairs broke *Heated recliners stopped working *We found garbage in the underbelly when we were looking to see where our lines had frozen When we called Grand Design after many months dealing with problems to tell them what was going on, the guy simply said, “I’m sorry to hear that, but humans make these campers, so its just human error.” Our most recent problem has been the fridge going out. It has been a month now that we have lived without a fridge and Grand Design seems to just be giving us the run around. Their company takes no pride in their work and they make getting anything fixed through warranty so hard that you almost want to just give up. We have had nothing but problems with our camper, they are the worst company to deal with and do not ever buy anything of theirs. The only person I can say who has been a huge help is Michele with customer service. She has been amazing and has done whatever she can to help us.
- Dalton , Montana