Four Winds Hurricane Reviews on RV Insider (10)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Four Winds Hurricane RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Michael Archambault from Massachusetts says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2004 Four Winds Hurricane 30Q View Listings

I love this RV it handles so nice for the size 31ft, I also sleep better in this queen bed better than I do my own bed so comfortable, and it's a good size bedroom.
- Michael Archambault, Massachusetts

2020-01-30 2002 Four Winds Hurricane 30Q View Listings

We have been motorhoming for 25+ years and the Four Winds Hurricane 30Q is our latest. We found the Ford F53 chassis needed a little handling help in strong winds, so we added Safe-T-Plus steering control and RoadMaster rear track bar. This helped a lot. We tow a Jeep Wrangler 4-door and have plenty of power from the Hurricane's Ford V-10 with no overheating issues regardless of the grade we're pulling. With everything enclosed except the holding tanks and with heaters installed on the holding tanks, it has been trouble free in cold weather. The ducted air-conditioning keeps it cool in the warm climates, as well. We just added a new Queen "Comfort Zone Premiere 12-inch Mattress". It is more comfortable than our bed at home! Our other modification was to get rid of the uncomfortable couch. We replaced it with Thomas Payne dual recliners. This makes watching our 42" flatscreen a pleasure no matter where we are, thanks to the automatic Dish antenna and Dish Anywhere service. I rated live-ability only 4 stars just because of the size. I'm sure a 40 footer would be better, but everything comes at a cost. Also, I rated Driving/Towing 4 stars because all motorhomes suffer from side-winds, but the steering control and track bar sure give it better road manners. My wife and I agree, the Hurricane is our favorite motorhome, so far.
- Steve Zimmerman, Arizona

2019-04-14 2003 Four Winds Hurricane 33SL View Listings

This RV handles very well on the roads. Don't have to worry about big semi trucks passing you. I always towed a vehicle without any swaying and good stopping power. I had no problem traveling at higher speed, like 65 to 75 miles per hour, with no trouble passing other vehicles. When stopping to eat or rest, there is nothing to set up or move, the tables, chair's, sofa and bed are ready to use. Generator, hot water, refrigerator and stove switches are done from the inside of motor home. The only thing I didn't like about it is, you have slide the driver seat ahead to open the slide out. I had to post a note by the switch to remember to do that, other wise I completely love the RV and it's set up and handling. Great engine also.
- RICHARD, Arkansas

2018-12-31 2008 Four Winds Hurricane 27K View Listings

This is the perfect size for two people and a pet. It drives like a car and gets about 17-20 miles per gallon. It's very cozy even in cold weather, has a wonderful heater and air conditioner. Has a sizable shower inside and has the outside shower as well. The solar panels keep the battery charged but I haven't needed it. You can use this as the main car or just for fun.
- Brenda Lee, Florida

Verified Owner

2018-07-17 2009 Four Winds Hurricane 30Q View Listings

Our first rv. Entry level but we've learned a lot. Sure, I'd love to have a big 400k, diesel pusher, but the way We see it, we really have all the same amenities. And Thor has actually been very supportive.
- Matthew Beck, Georgia

2017-06-18 2007 Four Winds Hurricane 34B View Listings

This RV has been great for our family with small children. The bunkouse has been a fantastic option in a motorhome-we don't have to break down the dinette for someone to sleep! My wife drives it easily, set up is a breeze and there is plenty of room for everyone. Some of our best memories have been in this RV!
- Chris, Georgia

2016-04-17 2000 Four Winds Hurricane 34N View Listings

this has been a great motor home and we have owned many. only reason we are selling is health issues. want reliability, fun times, and livability this coach is for you...awning for your out door fun and dual air for your comfort
- EILEEN WINKLER, Florida

2016-02-10 2011 Four Winds Hurricane 30Q View Listings

It is a nice rv to enjoy your camping trips. The only thing that was bad for this was the drivers seat & passenger seat was started to pill off & cracking. It was very cheap what every the co used. the name of co. was Flexsteel seat co.
- Russell Armstrong, Florida

2015-07-13 1999 Four Winds Hurricane 30Q View Listings

Enjoyed for the time we were able to use. Runs strong. And has been well cared for.
- Sharon Guttormson, California

2015-06-26 2008 Four Winds Hurricane 30Q View Listings

Love the Hurricane. I sleep better in the queen bed better than I do at home. Bathroom and shower are great and cooking is very convenient. With the satellite we can watch our programs as we travel down the road. The V-10 engine has plenty of power to pass. The most fun is to take 8 buddies on a golf trip with a driver. Golf bags in back our driver drops us off at the course, waits in comfort and picks us up and heads to the next course.
- Steve Hill, Georgia