Four Winds 5000

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Four Winds 5000 RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Eugene from Tennessee says:

Easily to drive. Not to big but loaded with space. I have taken multiple vacations with the family (5 adults) plenty of sleeping room.

Voted Most Helpful Review 2001 Four Winds 5000 23J View Listings

- Eugene, Tennessee

2021-06-24 2001 Four Winds 5000 23J View Listings

This website lets you not choose the right RV. This is for a 2001 Four Winds Five Thousand with floorplan 23A, so basically the same as the 23J. I own this RV, had it for several years now. Sold as a 2001, but built on a 2000 Ford chassis. 25 feet long with the Ford V10 engine (6.8 liter). The only thing I dislike the most and have (had) to deal with is quality, the 2 major problems known are: - Four Winds used glue which did not last, every Four Winds seen out there had/has delamination starting withing a few years after built, and it is getting worse. - The Ford V10 engine (2 valve in these years) popped out spark plug(s) because of improper treat seatings in the head. Other than that, it has been a reliable RV so far. It has all the features truly needed and is not to expensive to maintain (depending on what the service facility charges. The only repairs I had so far were age related wear and tear, like parts in the furnace, ball joints, etc. The RV is basic, e.g. the electric system for the chassis and house are separated from each other. This means that the engine wont charge the house battery, and the generator wont charge the chassis battery. The same goes for the black and grey water systems. If the black tank is being flushed, water has to be added through either the toilet or the bathroom sink. There is no interconnection to run the grey water into the black tank. The floor layout I found inconvenient. The kitchen sinks (2) in the angled countertop cuts into the walkway, and splits the little space on the countertop in half, making it even less usable, especially since one space is not behind the sink. The 'cramped in' dinette is way to small, I took it out, along with the 'cheap' chair across and added 2 recliners. The furnace box is next to the refrigerator and causes an intrusion into the now much larger living space. It is hard to find spare parts (e.g. trims, door seals etc.). Many items which are worn or broken (windows, entrance door) are patched up because no replacement parts would fit, the RV industry appears to use no standard sizes. Again, overall I am satisfied, as it turned out to be a reliable RV. I prefer this versus a fancy one with problems. Would I buy one again? No. But this is mainly because I like my items clean and neat, and I can not get it there because of no available parts.
- Hugo Drax, New Jersey

2020-12-26 2001 Four Winds 5000 21RB View Listings

requested Vin# from seller for carfax report.... no response..seller reluctant to disclose proof of maintenance records....seller claims sole owner but won't disclose records showing proof...Seller reluctance of records/proof seems questionable
- allen, California

2019-11-05 2006 Four Winds 5000 28A View Listings

We bought our 2006 Four Winds 5000 A28 several years ago in rough but drivable condition. We originally had problems with severe road vibration at any speed; new tires, balancing, driveshaft U-joints and carrier bearing replaced and the drive shafts balanced cured that. The Chevy Workhorse 6.0L engine has been a paragon of thrift and reliability: I HIGHLY recommend this drivetrain. I wish it had more than 4 speeds, especially when pulling hills. Crosswinds are challenging inasmuch as we have the aerodynamics of a small barn; going down the highway with a 50-70 mph crosswind is a white-knuckle thrill road! We get 8.5mpg at 70-ish miles per hour, uphill, downhill or falling off a cliff. Really want a bigger shower (I'm 6'2" and 240), but a new shower head at least fixed the low-flow situation. We made lots of personal taste changes (decor, coverings, etc), but would recommend the RV, to be sure. While the drivetrain is bullet-proof, understand the coach is not built to residential standards by any stretch of the imagination and things loosen up with time and vibration; keep a square tip cordless screwdriver handy!
- Jim Etheridge, Colorado

2017-07-26 2006 Four Winds 5000 28A View Listings

For a 2002 this Class C is in beautiful condition. It drives easy an tows well, with plenty of power. Bedroom is cozy and roomy. Bathroom is small but has vanity, sink, toilet. Shower is big. Kitchen is functional and extra nice. Has large awning, built in generator, heater, ac, stereo system and tv. Lots of cupboard space and outside storage. Backup camera added.
- Geri wilson, California

2014-12-29 2003 Four Winds 5000 28A View Listings

Love my new RV, it was longer than the one I thought I would get. I have no problems driving 30' on highway or city ( had to go threw both to get her home). She has a couple of small need to fix issues, overall she's a dream. I'm getting ready to go on a thousand mile trip with her, and I cannot wait! Thank you rvtrader for helping me find my dream!
- Lorna J. Dodge, Arizona

2014-12-18 2006 Four Winds 5000 28A View Listings

This is our first RV and we live in it full time. As we go along we are learning what we like and what we dont. We like that its inexpensive to maintain . We dont like that we didnt get one with slide outs because its very close quarters. We will be up grading to a fifth wheel next, more privacy in the sleeping quarters and we want a washer and dryer. But we do like the lifestyle. Happy trails to all and Merry Christmas everyone. Be safe
- Karen Knous, Florida