Forest River XLR Nitro RVs Reviews (9)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River XLR Nitro RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Beth Gunter from North Carolina says:

Have you owned any Forest River XLR Nitro RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Forest River XLR Nitro 31FQSL View Listings

The positives. The floor plan works well whether it is for a family taking bikes & kayaks for a vacation or for those using it for motorcycles. the kitchen is is very functional, extremely nice countertops, cabinets, and entertainment center. The unit tows easily & easy to level manually, no automatic jacks here. The negatives (which are many.) The biggest is shoddy electrical wiring. On our first trip from NC to the Florida Keys, our two slides would not open, resulting in a grueling 16 hour drive back to the dealer which took exactly 2 months to repair. This happened again in 6 months later with another 6 weeks spent at the dealer getting all the"bugs out." It is a large unit with only 30 amp service.....not nearly enough....don't use the air conditioner & the microwave at the same time unless you enjoy tripping fuses. The unit has only 1 air conditioner that comes no where near cooling the camper on very hot days. First River is very slow to respond & reimburse emergent roadside repairs expenses that are plainly covered & clearly spelled out in the warranty. So despite the very nice features that this unit has, buyer beware on the serious electrical deficiencies of this toy hauler.
- Beth Gunter, North Carolina

2019-10-26 2018 Forest River XLR Nitro 29KW View Listings

We have loved this toy hauler. Our favorite feature is the side patio so everyone can be a part of the action outside. It has an amazing floor plan with two cushy reclining chairs for relaxing and watching tv. There are speakers throughout the trailer as well as outside. There is a 42 inch tv in the living room and a smaller tv with built in DVD player in the master bedroom as well as hookup for a tv on the patio if desired. There is abundant cabinet space as well as drawers that have been professionally upgraded. We have loved this toy hauler and hope someone else gets to enjoy it as a family as much as we have!
- Cole, Arizona

2019-08-19 2018 Forest River XLR Nitro 36T15 View Listings

I just wanted to add a little something I just read another review on a forest river nitro toy hauler 36t15. I also every time I take my toy hauler anywhere find 2 to 5 bolts nuts screws on the floor every single screw every single bolt fell out of my back bench seating area we also have 1 inch air gap‘s around the back door I’ve found bolts that fell off the cabinet trimwork is falling off almost every direction in the trailer bedroom door trim we had to use spare tire we let the spare tire down with the tools they give us it’s plastic octagon shape stripped out the very first time I used it I opened up the tube where you put your sewage hose the door snapped off the very first day I wish I opened every door every closet tried every single thing before I spent $87,000 on this trailer thank God for my dealer he has fixed almost every problem we had and they told me they never turned anything in for warranty of course nuts and bolts I replaced they use these drill tip self tapping screws that hollow out the hole and then the bolts just fall right out
- Edward f DeSantis , New York

2019-08-19 2018 Forest River XLR Nitro 36T15 View Listings

OK well when we first picked up our camper the refrigerator did not work it was never even hooked up then we were having a problem with water come to find out the water tanks never were even strapped in they were falling out of the unit and the back garage there are two plugs up in the second bunk area the holes were literally 2 inches too tall to inches too wide the covers and plugs fell right in the holes now we just took it on a big trip and we started blowing tires we made it home after replacing three tires and the axle is bent in the rear 7000 pound axles on a 14,000 pound trailer as of today the factory contacted us and told us we must’ve hit something which is very untrue they said the toy holler area is rated for 3600 pounds well we only had 1540 in it before they told us we hit something they told us we had it overloaded now they want me to turn it into my insurance I’ve never turned anything into my insurance and this is $100,000 trailer not a 10,000 or 20 thousand I towed my $20,000 toy hauler coachman everywhere it had 30,000 miles on it I’ve never had a problem and I put two full dressers in my coachman not too small motorcycles so be where they are not building a true Toy hauler they want you to drive around with it empty enough space to put your dogs I was going to buy a brand new thunderbolt which is 16,000 pounds with triple axels but if they can’t build a small trailer they can’t build a big trailer they lost my business
- Edward F Desantis, New York

2019-06-27 2017 Forest River XLR Nitro 28KW View Listings

Purchased my 2017 Nitro end of camping season, August. First time out is when I noticed the workmanship not of good quality. Gap above ramp door. Would not shut properly. Front door screen would not stay closed, drilled striker in wrong place. Wall panels have several bumps, not smooth. Screens did not fit the windows. The bedroom bump out leaked. All other items are cosmetic. The unit tows great, even with our bikes in it. Forest River needs to up their quality control when it comes to the inside look of the camper. They also should look into finding a better vendor for their electrical. Now that I have had my camper for two years bump out motor burnt out and all my lights in the bathroom.
- Susan Brown, Vermont

2018-08-16 2017 Forest River XLR Nitro 305VL5 View Listings

We loved our Nitro! The only issue in 2 years was a window shade. The overall build quality was good, cabinets solid, and everything worked. The only livability issue was the height of the cabinets-needed a step stool. The look and feel of the interior was very nice. We did order with every option available which was nice, the auto level was great and now spoiled. We did order in 2016, and have since discovered that this model was not made in 2017, so there are probably very few out there. I will stay a forest river fan, this is our second.
- Kyle , Oklahoma

2018-04-25 2017 Forest River XLR Nitro 29DK5 View Listings

Bought it, brought it home, first rain storm had water leak in the roof, it's at the dealer now 3 weeks not in the shop yet!. Haven't got to use it. The initial walkthrough was poor, the literature that come with the unit is not good, none of it gives instruction on how to work things. When the slide is in you can't get to the toilet. I bought it at an RV show the saleman didn't tell me it was last year's model, dummy me didn't think to ask, if I ever get to use the thing maybe I'll be happy, but right now I am not.
- Dean Gill, Oregon

2018-04-17 2018 Forest River XLR Nitro 28KW View Listings

RV looks good but the workmenship and quality inspections are not. found three 1/2 inch bolts rear lower corner with one nut on floor 2 loose, found 3 bolts rear bed one on floor other about to drop-the 2 recliners had 5 screws out on bottom track-rear camera was supposed to be wired to markers was wired to side cabnets on all the time-componet wires for TV were behind TV causing TV to be on an angle and crimping wires- rear ramp had 3/8 air gap at top and bottom to let in air,rain,and bugs i guess. had no water,found pump behind kitchen draw had the valve shut off, AC cycles on and off every 15 secconds (havent got to that yet) only had it a week, still fixing things
- robert humeston, Florida

2018-04-17 2018 Forest River XLR Nitro 28KW View Listings

RV looks good but the workmenship and quality inspections are not. found three 1/2 inch bolts rear lower corner with one nut on floor 2 loose, found 3 bolts rear bed one on floor other about to drop-the 2 recliners had 5 screws out on bottom track-rear camera was supposed to be wired to markers was wired to side cabnets on all the time-componet wires for TV were behind TV causing TV to be on an angle and crimping wires- rear ramp had 3/8 air gap at top and bottom to let in air,rain,and bugs i guess. had no water,found pump behind kitchen draw had the valve shut off, AC cycles on and off every 15 secconds (havent got to that yet) side window strip came off when i opened it .only had it a week, still fixing things
- robert humeston, Florida