Forest River XLR Boost Reviews on RV Insider (4)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River XLR Boost RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jim from Arizona says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Forest River XLR Boost 29XLR View Listings

Probably the worst RV I have had. Wall is pulling away from floor by slide out , Slide goes out crooked and changes on it's own, Vinyl coming off of I side doors ,Trim coming off all over inside , Tv roof mount stripped out on ceiling , Shower hose holder stripped out,No weather strip on rear garage door bottom,Shower stall cracking, Outside tv cable hook up don't work, Switches falling out of wall,Chain binds on lift bed in garage.
- Jim, Arizona

2020-07-15 2021 Forest River XLR Boost 21QBS View Listings

The concept is good but the execution is terrible. We've had the coach for a month, door hits the frame, electrical wire shorted out the awning, ALL THE PLASTIC is coming off door jambs, tub is warped, The forward storage door frame was never inserted into the wall properly so the whole frame is pulling out. Expected it to be on the road. The original dealer did their best to correct some items. Pulled it to NV and the dealer there needed permission from Forest River to do warranty. Week later no word. To be honest, the website, warranty info, owners manual is an utter joke! This is a hillbilly project gone bad!
- Don Hindman, Nevada

2020-06-12 2021 Forest River XLR Boost 28RZR16 View Listings

When we picked up our 2021 28 ft. Fifth wheel toy hauler we were so excited but that was very short lived. The quality and craftsmanship and overall construction of this unit is just unimaginable. Where were the inspectors or quality control? I will include a short list of things that we consided the most important to repair promptly . Due to the Covid 19 we opted to complete many of the repairs our self's. We had frames and other area's that were never caulked allowing water infiltration. Crimped off waterline and a bad valve that resulted in leakage and caused my cabinet's to get wet and expand resulting in splits of the wood. Not pretty. Cubbards are scratched . They tried to touch them up. Split trim or no trim. Crooked screw heads and scratches in the finish. Damaged door to bedroom. The exterior door wouldn't stay shut so the stairs had to be removed and repositioned. Several areas you can see right outside that were never sealed properly. The microwave was not property installed had a broken bracket and had to be repaired. Drawer fronts are warped.Had to reinforce the drawers. Carpet in the bedroom doesn't extend to the wall and carpet is full of metal shavings. Can't go barefoot we have spent hours picking metal shavings out of the carpet.We have done nothing but work on the unit since we purchased it. So disappointed. Not sure what we'll find next.This is our second Forest river and our first one was amazing no issues at all. When we called the dealership his response was . Your not telling me anything that I don't hear on a daily basis. Seriously. I realize that this my not be the top model but I would never recommend this manufacturer. We haven't loaded the razor in yet. Almost afraid.
- Brett, Michigan

2020-06-07 2021 Forest River XLR Boost 29QBS View Listings

We are very disappointed in the poor quality of our 2021 Boost XLR Toy Hauler! We were so excited when we first picked up our new fifth wheel but that was short lived. We have done nothing but repair and work on it. Here is just the short list of items that we have already replaced or repaired.The frames around the storage spaces were not siliconed you could see daylight and it allowed water in. Microwave not secured had a broken bracket was just hanging. Door wouldn't stay closed had to reposition the stairs in order to keep door closed. Leaking values.Crimped off waterline. Scratches in the side. Screws put in so crooked they are sharp. Metal shavings stuck in the carpeting in the bedroom and carpet doesn't go all the way to wall.Loose cabinet frames.Had to install supports to the warped drawers. Damaged interior door split trim or no trim and the list goes on and on. We have contacted the dealership he told me I'm sorry but your not telling me nothing that I don't hear on a daily basis. Manufacturer gets paid by the unit and not by the hour so they just push them out. You can take it to any dealership and they can service it. Not what we expected to hear. We ordered our toy hauler site unseen because we felt confident. We had owned a Forest River toy hauler before and loved it. Lesson learned.
- Lb, Michigan