Forest River Wildwood X-Lite RVs Reviews (10)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Wildwood X-Lite RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Donald Glazer from New York says:

Have you owned any Forest River Wildwood X-Lite RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 263BHXL View Listings

I have had about six different trailers and/or fifth wheels over the last 15 or so years and this one is by far the worst. I have had the trailer for about 4 months and the best thing about it was the price. But, perhaps the saying is true, "you get what you pay for." For me, I like the floor plan and that also was my reason for buying this particular trailer. The problems I have had so far may be relatively minor, but only because I can fix them myself. Right off the hot water pipe going to the galley sink leaked. At 75 and large it was quite a chore for me to squeeze into the cabinet under the sink to tighten the fitting. Plus you need the right tool for this job as any old wrench will not fit. While fixing this leak I discovered that the ductwork for the furnace that went through this area was torn in half. I needed to replace the ductwork and reattach it to the vent. Inside there are numerous thin trim pieces. Three of these pieces began falling off and I needed to reglue and tack them back in place. Where the drain from the galley area goes through a hole in the floor the hole around the drain was not sealed properly allowing any small vermin to easily get in. Also in looking under the sink I could see that about five screws into wood strips had split the wood. Nothing I could do about that except wait until it starts to fall apart and then do the repairs. The most aggravating thing about this trailer is that it is very flimsy. So much so that when you put the stabilizers down it causes the entire trailer to twist so it is impossible to shut the exterior door. There are a few bumps in the vinyl floor where they must have installed the flooring over something that was left on the floor. The Suburban water heater works fine but I had expected it to be the type that would switch from gas to electric when plugged in. That is what I am used to and like but this trailer is straight gas. The good is that for me, as a single person who entertains his two grandchildren once in a while, the trailer is comfortable. Except it was necessary for me to get a new mattress. In my opinion the quality of the trailer is just fair and the quality control of the company just stinks.
- Donald Glazer, New York

2019-05-22 2017 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 241QB View Listings

I would not recommend, we have had the rv for two years and have only used about 8 times. The air conditioner went out this year and now has to be replaced. You would think that for as much money as we spent that it would last more than 8 times.
- Tammy Hendricks, Arkansas

2019-04-21 2019 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 221BHXL View Listings

so far this has been a great unit.my wife and i,have had many fun camping trips with family and friends.also use it for hunting trips to the ca. moutains,idaho and wyoming. there was problem on the first trip with the fresh water pump.it took over 3 weeks to get a new pump under warrenty.i was lucky i had my old trailer,to take its pump,and save the thanksgiving day trip. had to call the manufacture to get the ball rolling on the replacement.when i got the new pump,that i had shipped to my house,i installed it,and everything has been great since. the trailer tows great,easy to pull with half ton dodge if your looking for a good midsize unit,thats comfortable for 3 or 4 adults,give this model a try.
- frenchie, California

2018-11-24 2017 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 171RBXL View Listings

Low quality on this unit. Door check link broke before leaving dealer. Broke again a month later. I replaced with metal link. 4 marker lights broken on 1st trip. Dealer replaced. Found all other marker lights broken. I replaced all with LED. Lower LED strip came loose. I fixed it. Radio works when it feels like it. Two cabinet latches broke off "wood". Water pump worked loose. Front jack switch fell apart. All repaired by me. Upper LED strip burning out. Leaking wheel bearing grease. Mattress worthless. More. Wrote to Forest River and received no response. We thought buying a new unit would be better than another used. Previous was Forest River Cherokee. It had slide issues. Doubt we will buy another Forest River.
- Patrick Long, Pennsylvania

2018-06-25 2017 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 261 BHXL View Listings

This is our very first travel trailer so we were pretty proud with our purchase. First time out I went to use the stove and the hinges broke on the cover, second time a peice of stripping fell off under couch the third time we went out the cover to hot water tank corner peice broke and hinge to keep it closed also broke not too mention the screws to hold the toilet paper holder into the wall pulling out. I have never been so dissatisfied in my life, after paying 40,000 for a trailer you wouldn't think this would happen. The trailer sat winterized from October 2017 until April 2018 when we had it summarized. This was the first time we had used it. I plan on calling the manufacturers because this has become ridiculous. I'm feeling terrible about the purchase now.
- Tara Richmond , British Columbia

2017-11-11 2011 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 22XL View Listings

Entry level toy hauler. Little storage but fully self contained and functional. No provision for a generator or aux fuel tank. Axles are rated 3500 lbs and higher rated axles used based on the carrying capacity. Water heater gas only which not great. Another cost cutting feature is a single step instead of a two step entry making getting in and out a chore unless the step is replaced with a two step unit. No mechanical or structural issues and all systems worked as they should. Non-ducted A/C not a good idea in a fifth wheel as cooling in the bedroom area requires directing air blast in that direction. Workmanship and quality of fittings is above average otherwise. This is actually a fine little 5th wheel for hauling a bike and I used it to haul a 10' plus Goldwing trike. Pulls really easily.
- George Lesho, Texas

2017-07-06 2017 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 171RBXL View Listings

This is our 5th and most likely last camper. The last 2 we owned were over 30ft long each. One had a 10ft slide. Both had 20ft awnings, both weighed over 6000 lbs. This small unit will take getting used to. Had it out 3 times so far and couldn't be happier. Tows nice, easy to maneuver, easy set up thanks to electric jacks and awning, has plenty of room for me and my wife. The murphy bed is very comfortable and convenient. Bought an easy up to help compensate for the smaller awning. The only issue that I have found was the exterior door, it can't be opened completely due to the awning mounting arm. The little plastic thing that holds it open has broken twice when caught by the wind. Cheap part and bad design. Otherwise, we like it a lot.
- Pat Long, Pennsylvania

2016-04-21 2016 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 263BHXL View Listings

Very 1st issue I had was setting the trailer up. The cheap jacks can't hold myself steady much less a trailer. Then I called a cable guy to hook up cable.Good grief the manufacturer installed 3/4 of the set up,but nothing to hook up to the outside.I called the manufacturer, they told me that is "optional". Manufacturer wouldn't have had to pay a extra $10.00 to finish installation, told it was to cut costs..well this is my 1st 3 days in this trailer,sure more issues will be coming.
- Steve kujath, Wyoming

2016-03-28 2013 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 251RLXL View Listings

This is the perfect Travel Trailer for any size family, it sleeps up to 6 comfortably. The added Rear Lounge is an excellent sitting area just to view your scenery. The added fold down rear cargo rack perfect for carrying anything
- LUCIA L. URIBE, California

2015-03-26 2011 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 262BH View Listings

This RV is great, my family and I enjoyed our first trailor very much. My daughter still misses it. We just needed to go bigger.
- Heather, Massachusetts