Forest River Wildwood X-Lite

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Wildwood X-Lite RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Donald Glazer from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 263BHXL View Listings

I have had about six different trailers and/or fifth wheels over the last 15 or so years and this one is by far the worst. I have had the trailer for about 4 months and the best thing about it was the price. But, perhaps the saying is true, "you get what you pay for." For me, I like the floor plan and that also was my reason for buying this particular trailer. The problems I have had so far may be relatively minor, but only because I can fix them myself. Right off the hot water pipe going to the galley sink leaked. At 75 and large it was quite a chore for me to squeeze into the cabinet under the sink to tighten the fitting. Plus you need the right tool for this job as any old wrench will not fit. While fixing this leak I discovered that the ductwork for the furnace that went through this area was torn in half. I needed to replace the ductwork and reattach it to the vent. Inside there are numerous thin trim pieces. Three of these pieces began falling off and I needed to reglue and tack them back in place. Where the drain from the galley area goes through a hole in the floor the hole around the drain was not sealed properly allowing any small vermin to easily get in. Also in looking under the sink I could see that about five screws into wood strips had split the wood. Nothing I could do about that except wait until it starts to fall apart and then do the repairs. The most aggravating thing about this trailer is that it is very flimsy. So much so that when you put the stabilizers down it causes the entire trailer to twist so it is impossible to shut the exterior door. There are a few bumps in the vinyl floor where they must have installed the flooring over something that was left on the floor. The Suburban water heater works fine but I had expected it to be the type that would switch from gas to electric when plugged in. That is what I am used to and like but this trailer is straight gas. The good is that for me, as a single person who entertains his two grandchildren once in a while, the trailer is comfortable. Except it was necessary for me to get a new mattress. In my opinion the quality of the trailer is just fair and the quality control of the company just stinks.
- Donald Glazer, New York

2021-07-25 2019 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 171RBXL View Listings

This is by far the worst camper I've ever owned. Also had a Jayco and Realite. The first time I turned the water on the fitting blew off. Crimp wasnt tight enough. The refrigerator quit working because the magnet fell off because the screws were to short. We lost $50 worth of food. Also have nice coming in because the craftsmanship is so bad. Holes are cut way too big everywhere so all of Gods creatures can enter. Wood and metal shavings were just left inside everywhere. I had to rebuild the entire inside to keep them out. I realize Americans dont take pride in their work but this was insane. I do not recommend that anyone buy this camper.
- Mark Napier, New York

2021-06-14 2019 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite T233RBXL View Listings

Unfortunately I purchased the Forest River Wildwood X lite Island Wild T233RBXL brand new in 2019. It has been a horribly trailer. In every aspect! The roof vent hatch cover disinterested in the first year, and not covered! The electronic toung lift moter burned out within 4 uses,had it replaced and burnt out again first try! Holes where the plumbing comes in are gaping over sized and unsealed! Rodents in the trailer last trip due to gaping holes. Bathroom door not the correct width for opening and constantly opening! Hinges on doors fall apart! Black water tank holds 5 uses and is useless, constant problems! shoving sticks down to clear back ups. Shower looks good and is useless, taps marked backwards incorrectly and water goes cold in 2 minutes. I completely regret buying this trailer outright for $30,000.00 I would send it back if I hadn't!
- Shane, British Columbia

2021-06-05 2021 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 273QBXL View Listings

Well here it goes, we bought our camper just after Hurricane Luara that hit South West Louisiana. We had been on a hunt for one for a bit and found a floor plan we loved, how ever the dealer is a 5 hr drive so bought it sit unseen. Who would have thought that buying a brand new travel trailer and have so many issues out of it 8 months later would be an issue. So here is the problems. 1 we had water leak on the toilet, had a mobil guy fix it and 2 weeks later was leaking again, ended up having to lengthen the line to the toilet to fix it. 2 the rear window on the slide starts leaking but only in a hard rain, light rains are ok and does not leak. 3 front corner of the slides starts to leak and it leaks in any kind of rain. 4 after all the leaks started I started to ok real hard at the quality of the builder and well there in apparently no QC for forrestriver because the bottom seals on our slide do not even touch the slide at all. You can see day light all the way down it. So I call to get a repair appointment and they tell me they are 6 months out for any service or repair. I dont know about you guys but I travel for work and use my camper quit a bit and can not afford to lose it for 6months to a year for repair. If I had it to do it all over I would not ever buy another forrestriver product.
- Joseph Anderson, Texas

2021-05-30 2021 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite T260RT View Listings

Sold my 2017 Keystone and bought a brand new Forest River Wildwood Touhauler, and what a mistake!!! Quality control so bad that after first time used it I just wanted to send it back, but can’t because I used. Few things that are not acceptable: 1- The back door of the toy hauler does not close properly, from the inside I see a gap on the top of the door and I can see light coming in, in the first rain water comes in like a waterfall. 2- first shower and the the bathroom outside of tue shower was like a pond, the bottom of the sliding doors were not sealed, which all water that touched the door of the shower came rushing out. 3- no screen on the back door in which all toy haulers come with. Also no shelfs on the kitchen cubbers and no net holding my items placed on the cubies above of the couches, just an open shelf. 4- front room window does not open, it is a solid window in which makes the condensation issue in the morning a huge problem, and not be able to have ventilation in that side is just a bad idea 5- hot water tank is just gas operated, after paying $34k on it, to upgrade the water heater is another $900 6- the city water intake is connected to the outside shower, which makes me to have to put my water hose coming in the connection with an angle to be able to open the ouside shower door. 7- no outside cover on the top of the bathroom ventilation, if you leave it open and rain, good luck with the water coming inside the camper 8- back window screen is all twisted and smashed, a big gap on the window which the purpose is to stop bugs from coming in when the window is open, but with the gap, flyes and mosquitoes come in 9- not roll down bed in the back, so no option to haul and sleep 6 people, or haul or sleep, but not both. 10- the table that came with the unit is very clumsy and it does not fold away, so the massive table is always in the way. 10- no place to hang clothes on the closet on the front room, which is a joke. 11- the water faucets are all backwards “righty loosly, lefty tighty.” 12- the outside light strip on the awning is a crooked which makes the light shine forward, down, and back to the side of the camper. I will sell it in the first opportunity and never buy or recommend a Forest River again!!
- Eddy, Oregon

2021-05-21 2021 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 273QBXL View Listings

I just purchased this camper haven’t even made a payment on it yet and the door under the couch has fallen off the hinges. The stove fan hits the filter can only use if take the filter off. The gas line to the outdoor stove is the wrong one. This is the cheapest camper I have ever owned and I have had a lot . I want it drive it back to the dealer and tell the to keep it . Everything is made of particle board and plastic. So very disappointed can’t wait to get rid of it.
- Vicky, Massachusetts

2021-03-09 2020 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 19DBXL View Listings

Overall I am satisfied with this unit. It was very affordable. My wife and I have taken the trailer to only 3 states in the past 12 months due to COVID 19 and have encountered a few issues. Last week the heater stopped working due to improper sawdust cleanup during construction. Also the kitchen faucet was improperly installed as was one of the cabinet drawers. The outside small refrigerator was not securely mounted. Forest River really needs to work on their quality control checks. All of the issues could have been prevented. All said, this is a perfect unit for our needs and I would buy another without hesitation.
- Ron Warkentine, Texas

2020-06-17 2017 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 171RBXL View Listings

We purchased hours from RV wholesalers in Ohio The dealership was amazing Our camper we've now headed into our fourth season and it's been amazing We have not had any problems with it We do regular maintenance and take care of it We take care of the tires and the wheel bearings everything's been wonderful I cannot say enough wonderful things about it We camp in the severe weather of Colorado and the altitude and it's keeps us warm and in the summer keeps this nice and comfortably cool. Every component in it has been wonderful we've had no breakdowns no failures no problems absolutely love it. 100% satisfied
- Carroll Hayes, Colorado

2020-06-16 2019 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 233RBXL View Listings

Purchased this model brand new in 2018. Upon getting it home, I was setting it up to look it over. The handle for the glass stove cover was laying on the floor. Came off during transit home, approx. 15 miles. I open the door to allow fresh air in. I had the door locked back with the catch. With the door open, I attempted to roll out my awning. It would not come out because the awning frame arms were behind the door. With the door open, I cannot roll out the awning. With the awning rolled out, I cannot lock my door open. Dealer did fix the glass top handle and put a longer locking rod on my door. Very poorly designed. I have already replaced all of the cabinet handles as the ones that came with the camper, were razor sharp and I drew blood several times by bumping into one. I have had to re-glue 3 different wooden pieces back on to the bed area. The legs for the dinette are off center and the table sets crooked. When I drop the table to make a bed, the cushions will not fit exactly to make a bed. There are cushions left over and gaps in the bedding base. I have tried every configuration. After just a short time of use, the water pump hammers so hard it shakes the floor and is very loud. I do not care for the step as it has to have support under the legs if the camper sets too far off the ground. I am very disappointed in the design and overall performance of this camper so far. Will definitely look at brands other than Forest River.
- Robert Leslie, Indiana

2020-05-18 2015 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 281QBXL View Listings

I bought my trailer used after someone traded it in for a larger trailer 3 months after buying it. I got a great price. The trailer has now been from coast to coast and from Canada down to south Florida and I have to say so far we have been completely pleased. I have had the trailer for four years and I'm running into some maintenance now after putting around 50,000 miles on the trailer. I figure it's due. It is a 2015 Wildwood X-Lite 281QBXL. It has been pretty tough. I wish the front storage compartment had bigger doors. Nothing is heavy duty but it says X-Lite on the front of the trailer which sums it up. I do regular maintenance on it and overall it has exceeded my expectations so far. It isn't perfect but I would buy it again. Good value for the money.
- Ron Emmert, Indiana

2019-05-22 2017 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 241QB View Listings

I would not recommend, we have had the rv for two years and have only used about 8 times. The air conditioner went out this year and now has to be replaced. You would think that for as much money as we spent that it would last more than 8 times.
- Tammy Hendricks, Arkansas

2019-04-21 2019 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 221BHXL View Listings

so far this has been a great unit.my wife and i,have had many fun camping trips with family and friends.also use it for hunting trips to the ca. moutains,idaho and wyoming. there was problem on the first trip with the fresh water pump.it took over 3 weeks to get a new pump under warrenty.i was lucky i had my old trailer,to take its pump,and save the thanksgiving day trip. had to call the manufacture to get the ball rolling on the replacement.when i got the new pump,that i had shipped to my house,i installed it,and everything has been great since. the trailer tows great,easy to pull with half ton dodge if your looking for a good midsize unit,thats comfortable for 3 or 4 adults,give this model a try.
- frenchie, California

2018-11-24 2017 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 171RBXL View Listings

Low quality on this unit. Door check link broke before leaving dealer. Broke again a month later. I replaced with metal link. 4 marker lights broken on 1st trip. Dealer replaced. Found all other marker lights broken. I replaced all with LED. Lower LED strip came loose. I fixed it. Radio works when it feels like it. Two cabinet latches broke off "wood". Water pump worked loose. Front jack switch fell apart. All repaired by me. Upper LED strip burning out. Leaking wheel bearing grease. Mattress worthless. More. Wrote to Forest River and received no response. We thought buying a new unit would be better than another used. Previous was Forest River Cherokee. It had slide issues. Doubt we will buy another Forest River.
- Patrick Long, Pennsylvania

2018-06-25 2017 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 261 BHXL View Listings

This is our very first travel trailer so we were pretty proud with our purchase. First time out I went to use the stove and the hinges broke on the cover, second time a peice of stripping fell off under couch the third time we went out the cover to hot water tank corner peice broke and hinge to keep it closed also broke not too mention the screws to hold the toilet paper holder into the wall pulling out. I have never been so dissatisfied in my life, after paying 40,000 for a trailer you wouldn't think this would happen. The trailer sat winterized from October 2017 until April 2018 when we had it summarized. This was the first time we had used it. I plan on calling the manufacturers because this has become ridiculous. I'm feeling terrible about the purchase now.
- Tara Richmond , British Columbia

2017-11-11 2011 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 22XL View Listings

Entry level toy hauler. Little storage but fully self contained and functional. No provision for a generator or aux fuel tank. Axles are rated 3500 lbs and higher rated axles used based on the carrying capacity. Water heater gas only which not great. Another cost cutting feature is a single step instead of a two step entry making getting in and out a chore unless the step is replaced with a two step unit. No mechanical or structural issues and all systems worked as they should. Non-ducted A/C not a good idea in a fifth wheel as cooling in the bedroom area requires directing air blast in that direction. Workmanship and quality of fittings is above average otherwise. This is actually a fine little 5th wheel for hauling a bike and I used it to haul a 10' plus Goldwing trike. Pulls really easily.
- George Lesho, Texas

2017-07-06 2017 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 171RBXL View Listings

This is our 5th and most likely last camper. The last 2 we owned were over 30ft long each. One had a 10ft slide. Both had 20ft awnings, both weighed over 6000 lbs. This small unit will take getting used to. Had it out 3 times so far and couldn't be happier. Tows nice, easy to maneuver, easy set up thanks to electric jacks and awning, has plenty of room for me and my wife. The murphy bed is very comfortable and convenient. Bought an easy up to help compensate for the smaller awning. The only issue that I have found was the exterior door, it can't be opened completely due to the awning mounting arm. The little plastic thing that holds it open has broken twice when caught by the wind. Cheap part and bad design. Otherwise, we like it a lot.
- Pat Long, Pennsylvania

2016-04-21 2016 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 263BHXL View Listings

Very 1st issue I had was setting the trailer up. The cheap jacks can't hold myself steady much less a trailer. Then I called a cable guy to hook up cable.Good grief the manufacturer installed 3/4 of the set up,but nothing to hook up to the outside.I called the manufacturer, they told me that is "optional". Manufacturer wouldn't have had to pay a extra $10.00 to finish installation, told it was to cut costs..well this is my 1st 3 days in this trailer,sure more issues will be coming.
- Steve kujath, Wyoming

2016-03-28 2013 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 251RLXL View Listings

This is the perfect Travel Trailer for any size family, it sleeps up to 6 comfortably. The added Rear Lounge is an excellent sitting area just to view your scenery. The added fold down rear cargo rack perfect for carrying anything
- LUCIA L. URIBE, California

2015-03-26 2011 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 262BH View Listings

This RV is great, my family and I enjoyed our first trailor very much. My daughter still misses it. We just needed to go bigger.
- Heather, Massachusetts