Forest River Wildwood

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Wildwood RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jo Rivera from Kansas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Forest River Wildwood 27RKSS View Listings

We purchased a 2016 Wildwood 27RKSS in July 2015. First time we used it the bottom fell out of the silverware drawer because it was put together wrong. Husband fixed it. Labor day weekend, first long weekend with the trailer, we had it all set up at the lake when we discovered the a/c wouldn't work. No way to have it repaired until after the holiday weekend so we suffered through a 95 plus degree weekend without a/c. This spring took it out and discovered the propane connection was leaking. Husband fixed it. Cabinet door screws pulled out so door fell off, husband fixed it. Piece of trim above bed falling off, husband fixed it. When we had the entry door propped open with the latch, any little wind would make the door slam shut. RV serviceman says latch is installed incorrectly. Now the slide is not wanting to retract. Husband has to push on it and lift while I push the button. Dealer says motor may be going out. Awning LED light switch quit working. And front stabilizer jacks sometimes have to be coaxed to work. We love the trailer, and especially like the floor plan and large kitchen. But it's extremely frustrating to purchase a brand new trailer and have this many issues. After all the reason we bought new is to avoid issues. Poor workmanship in most cases. Did we just get a lemon or are all Forest River products like ours?
- Jo Rivera, Kansas

2021-09-10 2020 Forest River Wildwood 37BHSS2Q View Listings

We bought this unit new in March. We were told once it was level the door would close and lock properly, not the case. The awning fell apart due to screws missing and not screwed in properly which tore the awning. Water pump under bath now is leaking and swelling the cabinet. Called Forest River in April I've done everything Matt has told me to do and still no parts no repairs nothing!!! Unless their warranty dept or lack of starts following through in a timely matter I wouldn't recommend anything from them
- Michelle Royal, North Carolina

2021-08-19 2020 Forest River Wildwood 30KQBSS View Listings

Worst decision ever. From day 1 nothing but problems. Skylight in bathroom not sealed properly causing a leak cracking the interior trim. Sliding door to bunkhouse crooked. LED light strip above slide out went out. TV Antenna never has worked. Battery disconnect broke. Slide out went in crooked tearing the rubber seal off the window and the handles off the cupboards inside. Have burnt out 3 fireplaces. Bunkhouse window blew out going down the highway along with the awning cap. Most recent trip the NEW batteries I had to buy out of pocket would not charge. Now my warranty is up and all the work I had done only has a 30 warranty. Now I have to replace the fireplace out of pocket because they would not find why they kept blowing. And the new trim above the shower is already cracked. Bathroom door crooked, have to lift up on it to close. Biggest piece of junk ever!!!!
- Steve Justice, Ohio

2021-08-16 2021 Forest River Wildwood 29VBUD View Listings

Purchased new from manufacture delivered to dealership Bankston in Albertville who said everything was working. First trip out the faucet in both kitchen, shower, drain plumbing leaked. Coax not connected. Outside storage door would not lock, front door was warped and did not close properly. Bankston kept for five weeks and did not fix shower or coax problem. Second trip AC not working. Took to a different dealership where the AC unit is being replaced and new ductwork installed. Taking back in October to have the unresolved issues fixed then selling it. We’ve owned several campers and this is the worse insulated camper we have owned. Not happy campers.
- William Jordan, Alabama

2021-08-16 2021 Forest River Wildwood 22RE View Listings

This is only the second time that my husband and I have bought a trailer, the first brand new one! It has only been 4 days since we have had it and what a nightmare. We drove it home and the fuses were not securely installed so no power to certain things like the slide out. Thank goodness for our neighbour who is a mechanic and new how to fix it. At the top right (when sitting on the couch) the panelling has a hole in it at the edger. Not installed correctly. All over the ceiling, completely around the slide out, in both sides of the bedroom wall there are staples coming through and tears all the way around. The door under the end part of the couch is warped. We made not of this when purchasing the trailer and the sales rep and financial officer not to worry the service department will take care of it! NO THEY DID NOT! Dealer RV Canada is not very helpful in getting this repaired so basically we got ripped off. Very poor quality and would not recommend this or the dealership to anyone.
- Stephanie way, Ontario

2021-07-24 2021 Forest River Wildwood 167RBK View Listings

Beautiful little RV poorly built with the cheapest materials and poorest quality check. On taking it out, the shelf in the bathroom fell down, it was installed upside down with tiny staples and not secured on a stud. The wood is so thin, it won’t hold anything for long so had to make a replacement myself. It wouldn’t have cost much in weight to improve on these shelving or use a thin metal to add the strength needed. The water tank switch was faulty and leaking from city water to storage tank - it needed to be drained at every campsite to eliminate the weight. Clamps were missing on the water tank and pushed the panel at the bottom of the RV which was falling making it dangerous to drive. Stabilizing legs were not secure and wobbly. No towel holders in the bathroom or secured shelf in shower. Upper kitchen cupboard have no mechanism holding the door up while using so you need to be an octopus to use them. Tons of lights on the ceiling but nothing reachable in the bed area. Fire alarm above the stove goes off at the slightest increase in heat or slight browning in your toaster. The worse is that dealers while traveling will only work on trailers they sold so while on the road, it was impossible to get service, I was refused by several. Thankfully my dealer in Manitoba was owed a favour from a dealer in Ontario and they repaired my unit. Let’s hope this is all, I have only had this new unit a few weeks.
- Sylvie, Manitoba

2021-07-18 2017 Forest River Wildwood 312QBUD View Listings

This has been a great camper. We have had zero problems with leaking or appliance issues. Outdoor kitchens were all the same to me until this camper. Having a sink,cabinets,and real counter space at a convenient height was priceless. This camper also has the rail operated slides instead of the cable operated. All of the higher quality finishes like the rails and the big outdoor kitchen did bring the GVW up over 9000lbs for a 35' camper but the reliability was unmatched compared to our friends who always needed to have their slides adjusted. We just upgraded to a fifth wheel with the same company for these reasons.
- Justin girard, Vermont

2021-07-11 2021 Forest River Wildwood 29VBUD View Listings

We searched everywhere to find a RV with two queen beds. We were excited, until we received our camper. First inspection was terrible. The guy at General RV talked down to us, almost making fun of us, as we shared all the obvious issues (missing mantle, broken supports, misinstalled panels, vents falling out, refrigerator rattling whole camper, glue and caulking everywhere to cover deep gashes in the walls and ceiling, etc). We waited in the lobby for two hours for it to be fixed. Given the keys to our truck and sent home. NOTHING was fixed!!! Called back, added leaking sink and leaking shower, blinds and curtains installed wrong, bedroom door screws falling out,, outdoor spray hose will not connect. front door would not close without extreme force (Husband had to open and close), there is a bigger list. After a ton of hassle from General RV, it was back in the shop. Picked it up to find most the issues still broken!!! Notes in the file looked like user was blamed for most things(even those we reported at first inspection) and supposedly fixed. The manager was not there and we were sent home with it all still broken! We made the guy checking us out take pictures before we left. Now it has been another 3 weeks. General RV will not return our calls. We can only talk to 1 assigned person that is always on vacation or not available. Having used the camper twice, there is a growing list of terrible manufacturered items that are wrong or broken. General RV and Forest River do not care. This is not our first camper, but it will be our last Forest River and we will never purchase from General RV again.
- Shannon McGuffey, Michigan

2021-06-12 2019 Forest River Wildwood 32BHDS View Listings

Garbage. Plan and simple. Where do I begin. RV world fort Myers. Sales was not helpful even after explaining what I didn’t want. The camper. AC lasted a month. Slides started rotting after a year. Plumbing must be checked RJ driving to and from. Only one door out of 7 shuts. You must use a hammer. This manufacture should be hung
- Mike vellucci, Florida

2021-06-04 2021 Forest River Wildwood 33TS View Listings

Bought brand new from the dealership.. We Used it for a total of one week... and it already needs a whole new floor due to plumbing in the shower never being connected to the drain by mfg. The front door won't close or lock. The outdoor kitchen door is jacked up and won't latch due to installation errors not square. We get electric shocks when you plug it in and touch anything. Of course the slide out is tearing the floor. Nothing but problems happening since we bought it. We literally had used it for 1 week! The Dealership has had it in their possession since February 26 of 2021 and still waiting on authorization to repair the floor! (It is now June 4)I already need a new travel trailer and this was Brand new when it was purchased! I'm beyond angry. And extremely disappointed that this company allows these errors to leave their facility. Never buying another. Tell all of your friends to avoid them, I know I am. 🍋 anyone.
- Lisa, Michigan

2021-05-17 2016 Forest River Wildwood 30LOFTK View Listings

This RV is one of the best we have ever owned. The unit is easy to pull and set up. Setup is less than one hour with the electric leveling. The outside kitchen keeps the kids from running in and out. The outside speakers and TV make the outside as enjoyable as the inside.
- Jay Thomas, Colorado

2021-05-14 2020 Forest River Wildwood 26DBUD View Listings

It's a nice RV we decided to get one since we love to travel but can't seem to figure out why the fresh water tank isn't running. It's so new not sure what is happening but besides that I also have a leak since day one coming from the antenna outlet in the living room area. It's been a constant hassle when it rains or just even drizzles and the toilet I know this company can do way better. It's a nice floor plan great kitchen appliances but does sway a lot when in motion. Great first time RV maybe time to upgrade soon.
- MONICA, Texas

2021-04-28 2019 Forest River Wildwood 32BHDS View Listings

LEMON ALERT, LEMON ALERT!!! This is the worst camper we have ever purchased. The first time we took our BRAND NEW camper out and traveled 3 hours away, the drawer brackets were broken when we put the slides out. The next time we took it out, my son was showering and we noticed a MASSIVE water leak, gushing water from the underside. The fireplace never worked from the get-go, and that took another month or two to get fixed. The toilet leaks and smells terrible all of the time. Apparently, there's a recall which the dealership failed to tell us about. There are SO many more repairs that we have had to do to this camper, that it would take me more than 5,000 characters to type. Don't waste your money. I will NEVER buy another Wildwood again.
- Brandy Bartley, Ohio

2021-03-11 2020 Forest River Wildwood 263BHXL View Listings

Bought in 2019. 2 camping seasons. Issues with tires, interior and exterior doors. Eavestrough above tip out cracked over 20/21 winter. Water leaked in to trailer through seal above tip out. Been told that 2 year old trailer isn't under warranty and repairs will have to be out of pocket. I will never purchase a Forest River trailer again. Avoid these trailers!!!
- Joey Abs, Ontario

2021-02-26 2017 Forest River Wildwood 27RKSS View Listings

I haven't had the opportunity. How can I review it. I'm interested in the profile cost interior. However I've had several units. I lost my last Dutchman trailer to wild fire here in northern California Nov 2018. I need to replace it . Bathroom spacious tub shower. Slides and wheelchair mobility. I've enjoyed the cosy feeling. Understanding how they function and repair is key to maintenance I recommend living this way. It costs less when you have property as I do.
- Dianna Franklyn, California

2021-01-12 2021 Forest River Wildwood 33TS View Listings

Going into an travel trailer purchase, I knew we couldn't expect home quality, but wow what junk, and failure to rectify problems. Can't get warranty department to call me back, can't get a dealer to work on it as they (multiple) claim they wont get paid. Cross threaded lug nuts, loose wires, smashed wires, not properly balanced, door wont latch, much less dead bolt. No underbelly heating as sold. Hot and cold water lines reversed, leaking roof due to staples from inside the RV and the list goes on and on. Looks like we will be heading to court to get any warranty service done.
- Tim Motel, Wisconsin

2020-12-03 2020 Forest River Wildwood 31KQBTS View Listings

Roof leaks, central heat hasn’t worked from day one, drawers don’t stay shut, hose connections leak, first time I used the tank jets it sprayed all inside the camper, only half the outlets worked, every panel is poorly stabled on and almost every screw in the camper is stripped out and put in sideways, Rollup blinds are cheap and stop working after a few uses.
- Cody gremillion, Louisiana

2020-11-09 2017 Forest River Wildwood T32BHDS View Listings

2017 Wild wood by Forest River Inc. T32BHDS. Well my experience is not so good at this point. First of all we were sitting there one evening and we heard a big band sounding commotion. A tank dropped ( an empty tank). Was told have to take it to dealer to fix cause of protection cover or we would void our warranty. Dropped it off and then got phone call it will cost me $1,000 dollars. Now a leak on the pressurized water line has developed. Got under the trailer and to my surprise the cover is bolted on then it is put on the frame and bolted down. That means you can't undo the cover to get to anything. They cut it and taped it back up after they put screws in the strap to fix tank back up in place. Which is something that was to be properly done when it was manufactured. So I had to pay that much money for someone else to put screws in properly that I could have done myself and then I would have known it was cut and taped so it could be checked on regularly to prevent critters from having access to move in. If I would have been informed of the tape job I would not be chasing critters out of places you have no access to. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. Not alone can't get a return call for help.
- Kathy Cawley, Oregon

2020-11-04 2020 Forest River Wildwood 30KQBSS View Listings

I love the floor plan. It easily sleeps 9 people. The bunk is a separate room, that I use for my office. the sound system is great. My husband love the way it handle when in tow. The self leveling jacks are extremely easy to stabilize.
- Sandra, California

2020-11-01 2019 Forest River Wildwood 33TS View Listings

If your not mechanically inclined don’t bother buying this trailer. I can guarantee you out of the parking lot you bought a lemon. You will be fixing water leaks you will be fixing everything else in this camper as life goes on. Don’t bother calling the dealer because if you did not buy it there you’re at the end of the line you have to pay upfront and you will have to fight for the company to get your money back. Good luck👍
- Mike Warbin, Connecticut

2020-08-15 2017 Forest River Wildwood T27RKSS View Listings

This is the Next Best thing compare to a Hotel Suite. I Use to Travel all over for a living staying in hotels and when I bought this I compared it to all the 5 star hotels I stayed it. It is very comfortable. I have no regrets on buying it.
- davidmueller2014, California

2020-08-12 2019 Forest River Wildwood 26DD View Listings

Bought in February 2019 not even a year old first trip camping the AC quit working took it in told me they fixed it took it back two more times because it wasn’t working took it camping again the total number of five times the fifth time the roof started coming off the staples pulled out the manufacture told me that it was because it wasn’t sealed Every six months which is a lie because it was held by Staples with a seal over it I bought a warranty for seven years bumper-to-bumper they refused to fix it I am an engineer and you don’t reseal rubber roofs we have them all over the hospital I work in and I’m responsible for thisThis product that they sell could be good if they Donely stand behind their terrible workmanship
- Vernou Fleming, North Carolina

2020-08-06 2016 Forest River Wildwood 27RKSS View Listings

We loved it when we saw it. We started off with a Ford F450- Thor Motor coach. No expansion and were pulling a enclosed trailer with two Harleys in it. On our trip back from Wyoming, we decided to sell out Harleys and look at a towable trailer and trade in the motor coach if possible and replace it with a trailer. W really like the Forest River Wildwood trailer, but now that we've had it for 3 years, we are just going to get out of camping and sell the trailer. Been in many KOA camp sites and some others. Never had a problem while on trips...There is nothing wrong with the camper at all. I had the Air Conditioner replaced last summer while we were at Myrtle Beach SC campsite, and got an extended warranty on it. Most of the people we met while camping were younger than us.
- Edwin Helms, North Carolina

2020-08-05 2020 Forest River Wildwood 30KQBSS View Listings

I love this RV! It’s spacious and very livable with a large living and dining area, mid size refrigerator and 3 burner stove. The fireplace and surround sound are great touches. I can’t say enough good things about it.
- deonna05, Texas

2020-07-07 2018 Forest River Wildwood 27REI View Listings

This travel trailer has everything I wanted. The open floor plan and retro feel, gives this travel trailer a modern look. Traveling with it is smooth and easy. I’ve never had to use the warranty for anything. I haven’t had a single problem for the past 3 years. I absolutely recommend this trailer!
- Rae, California