Forest River Wildwood Reviews on RV Insider (44)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Wildwood RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jo Rivera from Kansas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Forest River Wildwood 27RKSS View Listings

We purchased a 2016 Wildwood 27RKSS in July 2015. First time we used it the bottom fell out of the silverware drawer because it was put together wrong. Husband fixed it. Labor day weekend, first long weekend with the trailer, we had it all set up at the lake when we discovered the a/c wouldn't work. No way to have it repaired until after the holiday weekend so we suffered through a 95 plus degree weekend without a/c. This spring took it out and discovered the propane connection was leaking. Husband fixed it. Cabinet door screws pulled out so door fell off, husband fixed it. Piece of trim above bed falling off, husband fixed it. When we had the entry door propped open with the latch, any little wind would make the door slam shut. RV serviceman says latch is installed incorrectly. Now the slide is not wanting to retract. Husband has to push on it and lift while I push the button. Dealer says motor may be going out. Awning LED light switch quit working. And front stabilizer jacks sometimes have to be coaxed to work. We love the trailer, and especially like the floor plan and large kitchen. But it's extremely frustrating to purchase a brand new trailer and have this many issues. After all the reason we bought new is to avoid issues. Poor workmanship in most cases. Did we just get a lemon or are all Forest River products like ours?
- Jo Rivera, Kansas

2020-08-15 2017 Forest River Wildwood T27RKSS View Listings

This is the Next Best thing compare to a Hotel Suite. I Use to Travel all over for a living staying in hotels and when I bought this I compared it to all the 5 star hotels I stayed it. It is very comfortable. I have no regrets on buying it.
- davidmueller2014@yahoo.com, California

2020-08-12 2019 Forest River Wildwood 26DD View Listings

Bought in February 2019 not even a year old first trip camping the AC quit working took it in told me they fixed it took it back two more times because it wasn’t working took it camping again the total number of five times the fifth time the roof started coming off the staples pulled out the manufacture told me that it was because it wasn’t sealed Every six months which is a lie because it was held by Staples with a seal over it I bought a warranty for seven years bumper-to-bumper they refused to fix it I am an engineer and you don’t reseal rubber roofs we have them all over the hospital I work in and I’m responsible for thisThis product that they sell could be good if they Donely stand behind their terrible workmanship
- Vernou Fleming, North Carolina

2020-08-06 2016 Forest River Wildwood 27RKSS View Listings

We loved it when we saw it. We started off with a Ford F450- Thor Motor coach. No expansion and were pulling a enclosed trailer with two Harleys in it. On our trip back from Wyoming, we decided to sell out Harleys and look at a towable trailer and trade in the motor coach if possible and replace it with a trailer. W really like the Forest River Wildwood trailer, but now that we've had it for 3 years, we are just going to get out of camping and sell the trailer. Been in many KOA camp sites and some others. Never had a problem while on trips...There is nothing wrong with the camper at all. I had the Air Conditioner replaced last summer while we were at Myrtle Beach SC campsite, and got an extended warranty on it. Most of the people we met while camping were younger than us.
- Edwin Helms, North Carolina

2020-08-05 2020 Forest River Wildwood 30KQBSS View Listings

I love this RV! It’s spacious and very livable with a large living and dining area, mid size refrigerator and 3 burner stove. The fireplace and surround sound are great touches. I can’t say enough good things about it.
- deonna05, Texas

2020-07-07 2018 Forest River Wildwood 27REI View Listings

This travel trailer has everything I wanted. The open floor plan and retro feel, gives this travel trailer a modern look. Traveling with it is smooth and easy. I’ve never had to use the warranty for anything. I haven’t had a single problem for the past 3 years. I absolutely recommend this trailer!
- Rae, California

2020-07-05 2018 Forest River Wildwood 27REI View Listings

I have had zero problems with mine in the past 2 years. Absolute love it! Very livable and easy to move around. The double slide outs and kitchen island are absolutely needed when owning a travel trailer. Highly recommend!
- Vanessa, California

2020-06-16 2020 Forest River Wildwood 32BHDS View Listings

I purchased this rv about 2 months ago, and have not had a chance to use it as much as I'd like to due to the covid pandemic right now, however the 2-3 times I have been able to use it in the driveway basically I have had nothing but issues or problems with the unit! Biggest issue was one of the bunks almost fell on my kids when my 90lbs nephew tried climbing up I don't believe forest river is drilling pilot holes through the 1x1 and the wood must have split not to mention they only use 1 little tiny screw at each end of the bunk. The next big issue is the immediate water leak issue, the dealership found that the manufacturer had drilled a hole into a drain on the unit so not even 2 months in and I have had a water issue, tank sensors do not work correctly, dealership says manufacturer pinched a wire during the build, walls are not even close to being straight or square
- Josh Collins, Michigan

2020-02-07 2018 Forest River Wildwood 28DBUD View Listings

This is our 2nd camper. Purchased brand new. We are 100% not satisfied with the purchase. There was a water leak in the bunk house, we were told it was fixed after it sat in at the dealership for 3 months. It was not fixed, they caulked the water line and all the water leaked into the insulation under the floor and is now filled with mold. The kitchen rawers fell apart immediately, they also don't have any type of lock so they slide in and out while traveling. The Couch drawer is broken. The "leather" couch and dining table scratch very easy. All of the wall moldings fell off the cabinets. The LED light strip outside under the awning was wired improperly and doesn't work. None of the water fittings were tightened. The awning design is awful, there are no locks and it flys up with any wind. The warranty is awful. This is not a purchase we are happy with and we will be trading it in as soon as possible.
- Amanda , Connecticut

2020-01-08 2019 Forest River Wildwood 27RKSS View Listings

My husband and I went to a camper show and found the camper of our dreams.It has a great flow to the camper. The only down part about the camper is that the bedroom is a little small so it is hard to change clothes in there. However, we bought the camper in March 2019, and it has been in service for warranty work 7 times since then. There have been so many issues with our camper. It is as if they dont check the unit before it gets shipped out. We have had the siding bow due to the installers missing the studs. They have had to take all of the siding off and replace it which takes a special authorization from Forest river. It has been in the shop for 1.5 months due to warranty work.
- Danielle Opblinger, Ohio

2019-12-12 2019 Forest River Wildwood 31KQBTS View Listings

This has been the worst product/experience with owning a camper. I purchased this last November, and from day one this unit has been nothing but problems. The first thing that was faulty was the fireplace it didn’t work the day I picked it up that was replaced, next we dealt with a water leak on the unit and it ended up being a whole in the slide roof from the manufacture not to mention one of the dinning room slide windows was falling out, the next thing on our unit that failed was the refrigerator it would make so much condensation in it that it would run down onto the floor when you pulled the chest drawer on the fridge open. I got a lovely call from the wife this morning to inform me that we have yet another leak but this time it’s in the master closet area what a pos this product is. As for the dealership there service department is slow and forgetful on coming to make repairs or even document problems after I have complained about them, further more the girl that does the warranty paperwork for the dealership should be fired, she has been nothing but rude and forgetful on getting paperwork done for repairs. I can’t believe the amount of money you spend on these and they are built like s***. I will never purchase another forest river product.
- Matthew Carr, North Carolina

2019-09-17 2020 Forest River Wildwood 27RKSS View Listings

Two days after getting our new trailer home, noticed water drippin from the bottom of the trailer over the wheels on the curb side. Found large gapping hole in the belly fabric! The factory pinched the hot water line between the wall support and the wall. They repaired the water line but left a hole that allow road water to get between the belly fabric and the floor! Bought the material and repaired myself. Pulls great behind my truck and has lots of room and storage space. Overall very pleased except for the hole left by the factory!
- Steve, Georgia

2019-08-30 2015 Forest River Wildwood 27TDSS View Listings

The floor plan is very nice and feels like home. It’s comfortable, fun and ready for new memories. The awning is massive while enjoying the outdoors underneath the awning, listening to the birds or play your music with the outdoor stereo or walk back inside to your portable home.
- Tim, California

2019-08-23 2015 Forest River Wildwood 27TDSS View Listings

Email me with questions. Extended warranty/transferable Like new/excellent condition Sleeps 9 One pop out Lots of storage. Many extras! 2015 Forest River Wildwood 31.5’ Email or call with questions Thank you
- Tim, California

2019-08-09 2014 Forest River Wildwood T27RLSS View Listings

Great rv for camping and short term living. Easy repairs when needed. Parts and services are readily available. Easy tow no swaying in high wind. Only 7100 lb dry weight so easily towed with 1/2 ton.
- Phil bender, Washington

2019-07-07 2017 Forest River Wildwood 27REI View Listings

While on vacation out west. The slides failed to work after about 5 days on the road refrigerator quit on day 10 of 14, but the freezer continued to work on day 12 all electric was gone. No slides, leveling jacks nothing. Spent last two night in hotel While parked at hotel. Storm came thru. The roof on trailer was billowing up in the wind. Trailer in now at dealer. Who know was the damage will be
- Carolynn elliott, Ohio

2019-07-05 2018 Forest River Wildwood 27REI View Listings

We bought this trailer new last Sept 2018. Have nothing but trouble with it. While on a trip out west, the slides quit working, as well as the refrigerator. next the air conditioner failed and last no power at all. we spent the last day of vacation in a motel. We were in a big wind and rain storm while parked at motel. looked out window to see roof billowing up in the wind What poor product
- carolynn, Ohio

2019-04-09 2017 Forest River Wildwood 30KQBSS View Listings

I have no good experience with this camper . Every where there is a staple that holds this camper is a big yellow spot. I have got to Repaint every inch of the inside. I wish I could put a picture on here so everyone could see. The Warranty sucks on these . I'm having problems with the electric wireing now blowing ground falt breakers
- Otis Lee Long, Kentucky

2019-03-31 2017 Forest River Wildwood 31KQBTS View Listings

Have owner three years, travel approx. 14000 miles a year. Everything works perfectly. All electrical, gas and plumbing are great. No leaks. Slides work great no leaks anywhere. Very well made. We added L brackets to drawers and that was only thing other than regular maintence needed. Love large outside kitchen and huge bunkroom. Recommend this travel Trailer and Forest River.
- Carroll Hayes, Colorado

2019-02-27 2017 Forest River Wildwood 263BHXL View Listings

We bought this camper and was proud to have bought one but first experience on the way home was horrible it towed horrible the camper just swayed around constantly and there was a whopping 3 mph wind that day,it’s bad when u can feel the camper pulling you around behind a 3/4 ton with the sway bar on, first time we had it out it leaked and the led lights quit working and the under lights came loose, made the mistake by taking it back to dealer which they where horrible because of the time forestriver took on there warranty and parts,after the first year of normal things getting loose from towing it and I mean normal becouse it constantly walks around behind the truck so caint expect anything less the water pump quit working and the breaker box panel broke, the hvac thermostat workes when it wants too. The jacks don’t provide very much stability while camping but r very easy to use
- Katelyn , Arkansas

2018-11-19 2017 Forest River Wildwood 30KQBSS View Listings

Constant maintenance. Started out with refrigerator problems. They put the roof membrane right over top the roof vent. Unit ruined. No QC! Toilet pipe extended down to 1" off bottom of black tank. This caused toilet to clog every time. Inside trim falling off at several places. Door handles put on crooked. Had to replace Dometic toilet twice (Model 300) due to sewer holding up inside back of toilet. Outside front light broke at the switch and would not turn on. When you would drive down the highway, you could see the side start to flex out slightly due to the wind hitting front of camper. Bought new from dealer. Didn't come with spare tire, bunk bed ladders or TV. Thin coat of veneer on all inside furniture. Scratches off very easy. Put a piece of scotch tap on wall and later pulled off and veneer came off with it. Never again will I buy a Forest River. No QC!
- Mike J, Tennessee

Verified Owner

2018-11-10 2018 Forest River Wildwood 2010 View Listings

My wife and I recently bought a 2018 River Forest model 2010,and we absolutely love it!! After several months of looking at different RV Sales places, we decided to give Normsa look. Our experience there was simply unbelievable, the professional attitude and experience was unsurpassed!! Norm himself took the time to sit down with us and go over every detail about different RVs to make sure we had the right fit for us! Our intention was not to buy that day,but we had no doubt that we did not feel the need to look anywhere else! We bought the exact RV we wanted that day... We absolutely enjoyed our experience there and found Norm and his staff we so accomidatig and friendly! They treated us like family. Thank you Norm for making our experience such a great one! We will never buy from anyone else!!
- David Hatcher , California

2018-09-17 2016 Forest River Wildwood 254RLXL View Listings

We purchased our wildwood 254rlxl new in 2016 and have been making repairs on it since the day we purchased it. It’s nice sitting in the showroom but once you start to camp with it ,altogether different. We replaced all 5 Gladiator tires. Took it on a 4000 mile trip and tires wore so unevenly had to replace. Used the outside shower once and the plastic hinge broke off. The shower pan has a large crack in it. The a/c return air vent cracked. The sliding door brackets both cracked on the bathroom door. The roof vent cracked and blew off this wknd from our camping trip. Sounds like it gets rough use but believe me it doesn’t. We’re both retired. The camper we traded was a 1998 Fleetwood Prowler which we bought new. Wish we kept it. In reply to the person who wondered if they got a lemon,you’re not alone. Very poor quality ?
- Richard Maley, Arizona

2018-09-05 2018 Forest River Wildwood 36BHBS View Listings

I would not recommend this brand/model to anyone! Wish now I would of taken an even closer look to how poor the quality is. Numerous screws either not screwed In all the way , probably cause they stripped them! Cabinets installed crooked, cauking is EVERYWHERE! The big blind at sliding glass doors broke the 2nd day we had it and the blind above sink has never worked. 2 mirrors were scratched , along with windows scratched, VERY cheaply made, you get what you pay for but all the quality issues with this is a total embarrassment! You put that "Made in the U.S.A so I think your quality should be ALOT better. I mean I stopped counting after finding 22 screws stripped or just not ran down flush or ran down too far the wood busted and it was left like that ! Idk what kind of employees you hire or anything like that, I've worked in factory for over 20 years. Take some damn pride in the product you are putting out there! Don't put something in that you yourself wouldn't want to find in your own . Our old one was almost 20 years old and the quality in it is much much better . I'm very disappointed and lesson learned , we will NEVER buy from your company ever again, nor recommend it to anyone.
- Tracie, Ohio

2018-09-01 2018 Forest River Wildwood 28DBUD View Listings

This camper is awesome! It is very comfortable to live in and suited well for families! Everything you need to live in the woods is available. Simply love it! Our kids enjoy the bunk beds, I enjoy listening to the radio while cooking inside or outside and my husband enjoys the vacation from work while being in a comfortable & relaxing environment. You just can’t beat it.
- Candi Samek, Kentucky