Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen Hyper-Lyte RVs Reviews (3)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen Hyper-Lyte RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Not so happy camper from Michigan says:

Have you owned any Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen Hyper-Lyte RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen Hyper-Lyte 29RLSHL View Listings

We loved the floor plan after looking at many others so we decided to buy this. Ever since the purchase it's been down hill. After getting it home, I found a patch on my roof. The dealership said it was done at factory, contacted factory they said no way was that our patch it's the wrong color. Why would my brand new fifth wheel have a patch? Nobody knows how it got there. First camping trip, had to rewire the rear jacks. The wire crimps fell off during the drive. Second trip, pulled through rain. Got to the campsite and the floor was soaked due to no seal above the wheel well in slide unit. Third trip, every bug finds a way into the trailer. I'll update if all was covered by warranty after it is fixed as I'm building a list of things that have gone wrong/been broken or missing.
- Not so happy camper, Michigan

2019-06-06 2018 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen Hyper-Lyte 24RKHL View Listings

Boy do I have a list. It's a question of where to start. Most recently (a few hours ago) I was filling up the fresh water tank to get ready to leave for a weekend of camping. It was about 2/3 full when I heard this loud bang. Turns out, the hanger frame holding the fresh water tank bent, then broke along with the welds and the tank was laying on the axle. I contacted East Coast RVs (ECRVs) in Bedford PA where we bought it. They said since it was the hanger frame, Forest River may do something about it since it's only 2 years old. Turns out it's a 1 year warranty and I was told Forest River that is was a 1 year warranty and there wasn't anything they would do. However, we had it to ECRVs last year because there was a hole in the fresh water tank (one of many many things wrong) and they told Forest River they removed the tank to repair it, therefore removing the strap. According to Forest River, it should be covered for 1 year after that since they removed the strap and put the strap back on. (ECRVs told us they just plugged the hole and didn't need to remove the tank. Makes me think there's a fraud claim here if they submitted warranty work to Forest River stating they did more than was done.) So, onto the list of things that have been since fixed either by my husband or by ECRVs: -Screw drilled into fresh water tank -you can see the ground on either side of the slide when it is out -oven wouldn't stay lit -speaker above the dinette was not connected and there were no wires running to it -shower door needed adjustment as it was leaking. Service at ECRVs told us there was no adjustment and nothing to be done. My husband found the adjustment and fixed it. -Stove top grill was scratched...deep gouges. -Electrical connections for the jacks were loose and sparking when running jacks up or down -The flex hanger straps for the slideouts were dragging on the tire when driving Ceiling vents for AC and fan still had circle cutouts shoved up into ceiling, blocking the vents. They were blocking air from coming thru. -bedroom exterior door pops open randomly. They told us to "just keep it locked when not opened." -Wiring to battery was loose and hanging down -radio and tv were improperly wired and no sound was coming thru, yet the tech claimed he had just tested it.The connections were physically connected backward. It couldn't have worked when he said it did. -Dirt and sawdust in every nook and cranny even though tech said it was "good to go." Along with stripped wire ends, loose screws, sawdust in cupboards...Tech stated this wasn't is job to clean up the mess, but we asked him to please clean it up. He eventually did after complaining the whole time. But he only cleaned one spot. When we brought it home, we thoroughly cleaned it. -wheel fenders were screwed on too tight. They cracked within 6 months. ECRV's should be very upset and embarrassed with Forest River for delivering such an incompetently built RV, much less let it leave their own lot before thoroughly going over it. The only thing ECRVs told us to do when we purchased it was to keep notes on everything, and bring it in if there are issues. That should have thrown up a red flag there.
- Jolene Black, Pennsylvania

2017-09-26 2017 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen Hyper-Lyte 26RLHL View Listings

I purchased this new from dealer in Windsor CT. It was delivered to my seasonal campsite by dealer. The trailer craftsmanship is extremely poor. When I first entered the trailer after delivery, note that the slider between the bedroom and bathroom was dragging on the floor. The slide was not properly secured to the ceiling. The shower stall was not properly installed. Every time I showered, water leaked out form under the door frame onto the floor. Repeated caulking and waterproof tape did not fix the problem. The toilet paper holder is located in such a place that every time one walks by the toilet into the living area, they hit the holder. The holder screws pulled right out of the wall. There was no secure backing, just drywall to hold it. the front door lock mechanism was defective. The biggest issue for me was that every time the AC was turned on, water drained into the ceiling and found its way down the framing for the door between the bathroom and living area. I had a repairman up to the campground twice to look for the problem and to fix the shower. No avail. Dealer was finally was told to come get trailer and determine the problems. They claimed the AC was not properly bolted to trailer and they had to remove it, reseal it and bolt it back to roof. They also claimed to have dried out the water in the ceiling. No way to know. The shower stall also had to be removed and reinstalled. Neither Forest River or dealer would entertain replace the trailer. I have to live with fact that there is or maybe hidden water damage leading to mold and mildew in the future.
- David, Massachusetts