Forest River Wildwood FSX

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Wildwood FSX RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Bryan from Missouri says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2020 Forest River Wildwood FSX 260RT View Listings

Purchased a brand new 2020 FSX 260RT in August. Tows ok. Problem is workmanship. In 2 weeks of ownership and a 10 day trip the following problems are found. Front door has to be slammed. Noticed this on walk-thru at delivery, but I didn't actually try it. It is heavily contacting the latch and top corner of jamb. Multiple plumbing leaks. Manufacturer forgot to caulk shower. Vanity cold water supply line leaks. Kitchen drain leaked due to being loose. Leaks right on top of electrical management center that is mounted oddly, right below sink and plumbing. Electrical outlet wall cutouts are oversize. Outlets are only secured by one screw. 10x11 inch hole hacked out under shower to clear a 2 inch drain trap. They also cut into the underbelly liner. Fake "oven" drawer under range top fell out during travel shredding the cabinet base. Was only mounted by 2 small, loose screws. Upper sections of walls are very visibly wavy on the exterior of unit. I'm not sure what sort of error causes this. I would discourage everyone from purchasing a Forest River anything. The only reason I did, was that the original used camper I purchased from this dealer leaked heavily. So I got them to rescind the sale and I purchased this unit instead. I was kind of stuck since they had already processed my trade-in.
- Bryan , Missouri

2021-06-28 2021 Forest River Wildwood FSX 280RT View Listings

Last May, we bought a brand new 2021 27RKS Wildwood. We have never had a new trailer! We were so excited! And then the nightmares began. First, our dealer, Lakeshore RV, sucked! But with the trailer itself—the plumbing under the bathroom sink was so bad that by the time we realized it, we had water in the bedroom. We either had to turn the water off everyday or “catch” it and drain it. Then the collar under the kitchen sink leaked. Moldings were falling off, window shade broken, storage doors under the seats wouldn’t latch, water leaked around the base of the toilet, nails popping thru the floor and yesterday, the kitchen sink while doing dishes, fell out of the hole straight down-out! We also had metal shavings and sawdust everywhere! We retired last year and this was supposed to be our summer home not nightmare. Thank you for letting me vent. Chris
- Chris Renberg, Michigan

2021-03-06 2018 Forest River Wildwood FSX 117BHFSX View Listings

Great family RV perfect for a family of 5 starting out using a trailer that is very towable by many SUV's and trucks. Its smaller footprint makes it better for camping in many campgrounds that require smaller trailers. We've had so many great memories in it.
- karina.barile, California

2021-01-20 2021 Forest River Wildwood FSX 210RT View Listings

well this is my second brand new forest river product in less than 6 months. the company forest river is one of the worst companies i have ever had to deal with. they have inaccurate weight information on their brochures and when you have to have warranty work done the never seem to get back to the consumer to help them get reimbursed for what the consumer had to pay out of pocket they company never has anyone answer their phone it always goes to voicemail and then no one ever returns your calls or emails how do they stay in business i have left 4 phone messages, 3 email messages and countless other calls which went to voicemail but didn't leave a message. i contacted the dealership who you would think would be working with forest river but they don't get any cooperation either i will never own a forest river product again and my friends and family know what i went through as well
- mike, Arizona

2021-01-20 2021 Forest River Wildwood FSX 280RT View Listings

bought this camper brand new from general rv in huntley il. did the research needed to make sure i could pull it with my truck. all the brochures and statistics for this camper showed tongue weight of 760lbs empty weight after purchase and a 3 day camp out it was determined the tongue weight empty was 1500lbs which was unsafe for me to pull. after dealing with general rv and there agreement the weight was unsafe and wrong from all the stats and brochures they worked with forest river and were able to get me a new camper but i lost monies with the deal. this procedure took 3 months to get rectified meanwhile general rv had my camper and i was unable top use it during that time.
- mike, Arizona

2020-08-29 2020 Forest River Wildwood FSX 210RT View Listings

I had a nightmare experience with a dealer and Forest River in Indiana came to our rescue! They were the most professional, knowledgable people I encountered through this process. They were efficient, fast, and thorough. Very friendly. Amazing experience with them.
- Elisa hershey, Ohio

2020-08-12 2019 Forest River Wildwood FSX 280RT View Listings

I did not like nothing about it the heater didn't work the air condition didn't work the fan above the stove didn't work the light didn't work above the stove the mirror in the bathroom fell apart the toilet kept running 40 of the trailer I took the toilet apart one screw is missing it's a piece of junk I would not buy another one
- Daniel Dickinson, Michigan

2020-05-19 2020 Forest River Wildwood FSX Platinum 178BHS View Listings

It is a great floor plan and is easy to tow with even a car. It is worth every penny for this unit. I feel very "at home" camping and the bed is very comfortable. It is amazing that this unit can sleep so many people. Love it!
- Linden, Michigan

2020-03-02 2019 Forest River Wildwood FSX 170SS View Listings

At first we bought a wildwood fsx 170ss. It was poorly made. There was one problem after the next. We went through a lot of aggravation, frustration ,and it was heartbreaking. Finally I contacted dealer corporate where we bought it from. Told them something needed to be done. We ended up with a new camper. Getting ready to take it out soon. Thankful that we did not have to wait a year or more to get camper back. We are hoping we will have no problems with the new one. Forest river needs to have better QC than what they have. From what I understand, Forest River used to be top notch. Nowadays their quality has dropped. But they stood by us as well as dealer and replaced, plus upgraded us. So thank you forest river! And CW.
- Donna Call, North Carolina

2019-10-13 2020 Forest River Wildwood FSX 179DBK View Listings

Used it one time and has been in the shop for 2 and half weeks at Funtown RV in Cleburne Texas because siding is messed up and the workmanship from the factory cut so many corners in quality of manufacturing ! No exhaust fan in bathroom, drawer won’t stay closed, front of refrigerator is coming off, trim outside is coming off, plywood under couch is gone , plywood under bench seats is not cut square or the sent box is out of square , no towel racks in trailer anywhere, no shades in bunk bed windows and you can see easily right in trailer ! Funtown has had our trailer longer than we have being we just bought it at the end of August and we can’t even get any information other than excuses !!!!
- William Gibson , Texas