Forest River Wildcat

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Wildcat RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Paula Ninedorf from Wisconsin says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Forest River Wildcat 312BHX View Listings

We have had nothing but problems with ours, which we bought BRAND NEW! The list of things that have broke or not met quality expectations is endless: - motor to front legs to lift unit, stopped working after using only 3 times. - Windows leaking -shelves falling down -rear jack motors not working -front cap with major cracks and spider cracks - shelves in outdoor fridge collapse, cannot tolerate even holding a twelve pack -awning does not roll up properly - drain to septic and gray does not stop flowing with use of handles. Will be a slow flow, only way to completely stop is make sure cap is on. -door hinges loose and placed on crooked to begin with. -microwave door stopped opening properly and cracked trim around it. -drain in outdoor kitchen does not drain properly. -back up camera will not work We have owned it for 1 year and it has been in the dealer for repair for 8 MONTHS of that. Forest River is so slow at getting parts to the dealer to do any repairs. They also tried to deny covering some of the repairs while under our one year manufacturer warranty! The unit also pulls poorly. Lots of "bucking". Plus, the pin box design is horrible. If we have to make a tight turn, it has hit the box of our truck side and damaged it! Beware, we have learned our lesson the very hard way and will never purchase another Forest River product.
- Paula Ninedorf, Wisconsin

2021-07-25 2017 Forest River Wildcat 28SGX View Listings

We've traveled in our Wildcat for 4 years and been across the country a few times. I chose it for it's rear-livingroom layout. The livingroom is spacious because of opposing slides. We had to replace all the tires because of blowouts, which is probably a good idea with all new rvs. The furnace needed a new motherboard. Other than that, it's been fine for fulltime living.
- Laura Ford, Virginia

2021-07-09 2012 Forest River Wildcat 344QB View Listings

Bought new in’12 because of the features and floor plan and how it fit my budget. Like most of the lower priced models, the quality of the components are average but adequate. My biggest gripe is with the poor workmanship/assembly. 2 great examples: first I had an intermittent electrical issue where items on the 12v system would simply stop working. It took over a week of painstakingly tracing every wire and connector to find the culprit. A poorly crimped ring connector had been stuck back on a 10g wire after they snipped a couple strands of the wire to make it fit (loosely). Second, nobody applied sealant upon installation of the 4 windows in the slide out living room. Rain water completely destroyed the walls and the floors causing a complete rebuild of the slide out. The warranty ultimately took care of that issue but that was a nightmare for another blog. There was at least one notable design flaw: the hydraulic pump for the slides has a slot that allows you to manually operate the pump with a drill attachment. However they install the pump in such a way that the slot is directly against a bulkhead. In order to access it you have to go in through the cargo hold and drill a large hole through the bulkhead! Then there’s the Forest River forum. It started out ok with a company rep trying to answer questions but there was so much disgruntlement that it felt like the reps gave up. I’m ok with “you get what you pay for” and feel that the component quality and amount of features is adequate for this price point. However, I did not pay for shoddy workmanship. Unfortunately that is what you should expect from this manufacturer. I won’t purchase anything from Forest River again.
- Fred Scali, Florida

2021-07-06 2017 Forest River Wildcat 327RE View Listings

Great Rv with a great floor plan. Build quality is as good as any. We have had no trouble with this RV. It has a nice large shower. The bedroom is roomy and homey with large closet. Washer and dryer prep in closet. The televator is always an eye catcher. Huge seating area in living room. The storage tanks are large and adequate. Lots of storage in and out.
- Ricky D. Woody, Arkansas

2021-06-07 2015 Forest River Wildcat 317RL View Listings

As the original owner, we love this RV, especially the floor plan and outdoor kitchen. We had a hard time deciding to sell, but we need additional sleeping/bunks. Hard to find a living room this big and an outdoor kitchen for under 38 feet.
- Doug C, New York

2021-06-04 2021 Forest River Wildcat F262RSX View Listings

I bought the wildcat, like the floorplan! But the quality isn't very good! In some areas! The wiring quality is very poor! Things like in the bathroom the wall receptacle wiring wasn't hooked up very well, could have been a fire hazard! The heater failed bad crimping wires, The cable failed bad crimp! A/C has stopped working bad wires I suppose, it's not fixed yet! It's so hot in the trailer I had to buy a standup a/c unit so I could cool the inside down! Not very happy with the quality!
- James Eyles, Oregon

2020-12-07 2019 Forest River Wildcat 322RLI View Listings

We purchased this unit new from Optimum RV in Ocala, Florida. I have mentioned them in a rv dealer review. This unit is I’d say mid range $$. For the most part we really like the floor plan and general looks. The overall quality is lower than expected. As we bought this unit new online sight unseen we were a bit disappointed. We bought a Jayco new online sight unseen and loved it but they didn’t have the floor plan we liked this time. So the Wildcat was a disappointment, the king size mattress had to be replaced the first week, yes it left our body prints in it the first week, so that had to go. Shower drain was broken and leaked all over floor, back window leaked. The old style roll up window shades didn’t all work. Some went up some not. Some fell apart in our hands. The radio didn’t work with the tv/sound system. My wife could not open the outside door. The kitchen sink pipes were all loose and flooded the kitchen first time using. Sawdust, plastic wire coverings all in the cupboards and closets. All in all no attention to detail or craftsmanship.
- Shaun McMahon, Florida

2020-11-02 2017 Forest River Wildcat 28SGX View Listings

Since purchase one issue after another. Refrigerator door broke, water heater replaced x2, rear leveling jack bent, gas line leak, tire blowout and the list goes on. Like the floor plan and decor but all the ongoing issues have greatly diminished the experience.
- Cheryl Franklin, Kentucky

2020-09-20 2019 Forest River Wildcat 32WB View Listings

Bought brand new 7/19, problems within 2 weeks, hasn't stopped since. 2nd time Haier fridge is out, in Feb was out for a month, not looking any better this time. Great floor plan, inferior manufacturer quality and workmanship, and quality control.At all times prior to purchase, over a 3 week period, sales manager and 3 sales people all knew I was a senior with intended fulltime living and no truck to move RV, they repeatedly assured me I could have mobile repair under the warranty, which was not true, manufacturer and Camping World require their inferior products and defects be repaired at a Forest River dealer and moving my RV at my costly expense, and not at all nice about it at all. Jennifer at Camping World is outright rude for repairs and lied to my face, telling me a $400.00 package they told me I needed and then purchased cash, of which I didn't need any of it and was trying to return it, said the package had 2 propane tanks, not true, the propane tanks are included in the purchase of the RV and says on Forest River website; I made 4 trips to Camping World over this issue, told to return specific dates and times to speak with GM, of which never came out to speak with me, then they gave me a $50.00 gift card for the $400.00 return, I demanded full reimbursement, no gift card since I had paid cash, finally it took almost 4 weeks to receive a reimbursement check in the mail. Since then, all I have heard from other RV'ers is complaints and total dissatisfaction with Camping World and the manufacturer, nothing positive from many.
- Joan, Texas

2020-09-19 2017 Forest River Wildcat 29RLX View Listings

We ordered new, delivery was August 2016. Overall its been ok. Early issues delt with under warranty by Camping World service department. At just over 4 years old, 3 of the original upgraded tires had blowouts. The last causing a lot of damage. Structure has been good. A few issues with trim loose. TV died, main AC died, both around 4 years old. We did add a washer dryer to the factory setup. I've owned a few campers. Do the easy fixs myself. Remember it's a camper, not a solid built home. Things break easily. Handle with care. Get an outside repair company that's trusted and can come to you. We had the main AC fan motor assembly and relay control box replaced for under 450, parts and labor in out driveway.
- James, South Carolina

2020-08-21 2017 Forest River Wildcat 28SGX View Listings

We bought our 5th wheel new in the fall, 2016. Since then, we have traveled to Yellowstone, to Branson, to Ohio Amish country, Asheville, to the Atlanta Area, and to Natchez. We are very happy with our unit, and are now winding up a 6 week stay in Georgia. If we were to begin again, we would insist on auto-leveling, and on the bedroom arrangement where the bed follows the slide-out. This is a bit of nit-picking, however, since overall, we're very pleased. One note of caution: we thought our tires would be good for 5 years, but this past Christmas we had blow-outs on consecutive days on I-20 in and just out of Meridian, MS. We learned the value of tire covers and tire treatment, the hard way.
- David Burton, Louisiana

2020-07-29 2019 Forest River Wildcat 34WB View Listings

We love the Wildcat 34WB, and so do many others. The layout is perfect if you like space to move. The L shaped kitchen is perfect with lots of counter space. A couple of the cabinet doors didn't fit tight, and some very minor details could have been better. The king mattress is not very comfy, it's very firm. Had to have the water heater serviced under warranty twice in the first few months due to a circuit board made in China. No problems with the fix. There is more than enough storage space from front to rear. The bathroom could be a tad spacier but it serves the purpose and had a very good shower. Overall, it's a very nice coach and I would buy it again. We have a permanent campsite so I couldn't rate how it tows. We also like the fact that it is not white on the exterior. It has color and stays cleaner longer.
- Robert Rzepka, Ohio

2020-07-25 2014 Forest River Wildcat 337FB View Listings

I love this fith wheel, I had many good times, I love the out door kitchen, I love how big and roomy this rv is, it pulls really nice traveling,it's got two ac. Units and keeps it very cold during Summer months, has a big shower and big kitchen with lots of cabinet space, this is the perfect rv for vacation and hunting, my only dislike is this unit has a bunk house in front, I don't have any kids so it's not appropriate for me whin i travel, but in all this is a really good camper
- Shannon, Maryland

2020-07-20 2018 Forest River Wildcat 327RE View Listings

Worst trailer I ever owned (5). Doors , head board fell off. Had replace all wires from hitch to tail lights; wires shorted because they used wrong connectors. 2 tires blew with only 5,000 miles. Cheap tires. Company would not replace. Just poor construction.
- Tom Kamstra, California

2020-06-16 2015 Forest River Wildcat 29BHS View Listings

I bought my RV brand new off the lot. I was working in Louisiana at the time so I bought the RV for work. It has been in the shop more than I have used it. Something electrical was wrong the whole time and I tried telling them that but nobody would listen. They talked me into the 7 year extended warranty. Its isn't worth 1700.00. After the first year nothing was covered. We were scared to use it because we knew something would go wrong with it and we would be stuck somewhere that we couldn't get back. In November 2019 it was plugged in at my home and I left for around 30 minutes. When I returned it was on fire. I was able to put the fire out before it burned my home down. My insurance fixed it and they have had to come out twice since to repair jacks. They have been changed 4 times. I am so unhappy with this RV. I cringe when I have to continue to pay the 750.00 monthly note. We were going to have to use it this weekend for my grandchildren 4H fair. We have to be there 4 days and it is too far to drive back and forth. We were cleaning the outside. We tried to get the slide outs to go in and now they won't work. We have to pay someone 75.00 to come out to look at it today and 75.00 per hour to work on it! Forrest River is a joke. Next week I am getting a lawyer to try to help me out here. I hate the idea of paying 45,000.00 for something I can't use. This is only part of the things that have happened to it. I just don't have the room to write everything down, but I do have the paperwork for a lawyer to look at! I would never buy another Forrest River anything. I had a 1996 cartilage by Carriage. It was still in great shape when I sold it after I bought the Wildcat. Wish now I had kept it.
- Ronnie Hester, Texas

2020-04-14 2019 Forest River Wildcat 34WB View Listings

We purchased our coach new and it is everything we expected, and more. Camping World gave us a walkthrough on several floorplans. This one is stunning, lots of floor space, plenty of storage and there are no problems. The auto leveling is a huge hit. Of course the wide body is a plus also. I recommend this unit for all campers on the go or at permanent sites.
- Robert, Ohio

2020-03-05 2018 Forest River Wildcat 383MB View Listings

Bought this camper and dealer had it all open for us to see and review.it was 6degrees outside. Got it home and used it at Easter, big slide was broke, took to a deAler, repaired in a week, but a bubble was noticed on side of unit, so had it fixed, then another slide broke at dealer, took FR 6 weeks to get decal to fix bubble. Got back all good. Took to Tenn for a week no issues. Snowbirded in Florida and the electric circuit board for hot water broke, easy fix under warranty.then a wAter leak in bedroom, come to find out the washer dryer was leaking, another easy fox, also put in cut off valves in front trunk. The water value on toilet also broke 2 months in, easy fix, lucky I had a extra. I also think the heat and a/ducting sucks, the temperature is all over the place, put on a couple of registar with dampers, seemed to help,this rv has a mid bunk. We took out did a and put in full bed for mother in law. So much easier. The outside send fine, the interior is good so for. The faucet in bathroom did exloped one day, after putting in cut offs for W/D, it was air hammer and it just blew apart, easy fix, put in residential faucet, 10 minute fix. The frig,microwave and radios work fine. There a few things I will look for on next living in rv. Better insulation, dual pane windows, roller type shades, extended kitchen table, better duct work to even out temperatures. Overall is a good fifth wheel. Would buy again, if not snow birding. Will go higher end next.its those little things that make it better to live in. Carpet is ok, but hard surface is easier to clean and mop. The insulation is not bad in this camper, i have compared to some 2020 higher ends,redwood riverstone, solitude, but every 4 or 5 days of cold weather and your out getting 30pounds if propane, and wildcat has choose to make it difficult to take out this tanks, they are just strapped in , no sliders .
- Jeff jones, Florida

2019-12-10 2017 Forest River Wildcat 37WB View Listings

Love this 5th wheel. Only problem we had was residential fridge didn’t work right away. Dealt with Forest River, dealer and fridge manufacturer and was replaced quickly. Have spent several multi weeks trips in it and is as comfortable as home! Lots of storage and room. Have had as many as 14 people in it for dinner when it was too nasty to go outside
- Margie, Illinois

2019-11-30 2019 Forest River Wildcat 322RLI View Listings

We purchased the 322rli 2 weeks ago. In this time every hose in the RV has leaked and been tightened at least once. The shower drain was crooked and leaks, the shower doors seals leak. Around the shower door base had no silicone and leaked all over the place. The shower floor is soft and after inspection there is almost no support underneath. The back window leaked during a rain storm last week. My wife can not open the outside door it is so tight and out of adjustment. A couple of minor tears in hide a bed and wallpaper. Sawdust and filings in most drawers and in all cupboards. On the outside siding there are several places that I had to file to make the edges smooth. Along the metal siding under the fibreglass part they put a 3’ piece at the end instead of running a whole piece to the end. Then just screwed it together with no trim and razor sharp edges exposed. We have had a Jayco, Heartland and now a Forest River. We are very disappointed with the overall workmanship of the FR. There is no attention to detail whatsoever. After talking to other RV owners Forest River is not the only one that puts out substandard units and workmanship. Again at this point we are disappointed with our first impression but we hope over time this will be an enjoyable RV.
- Shaun McMahon , Florida

2019-08-26 2005 Forest River Wildcat 27BHWB View Listings

Purchased this trailer used. It already had leaks, but they were repaired. Four years later, leaks all over the place. Delamination, and rot, through many of the walls (except those that had been repaired!). Amazing layout, decent quality parts, but poor assembly. Wouldn't buy a Wildcat again.
- cjone, Oregon

2019-08-19 2018 Forest River Wildcat 34WB View Listings

Bought New. We liked the openness and cabinets and lots of storage - great. We are not full time rver's at this time, but do want to travel and spend time in it. Our issue: the poor quality and how uncomfortable the furniture in the living area is. You spend a day with kids or site seeing, want to prop your feet up and relax. It came with rocker, recliner chairs that swivel wherever they want if you try to recline them and difficult to keep them in a reclining position. The L-shaped couch is poor quality as well. (our last trip it walked away from wall) Forest River came up with an open-wide body floor plan then took up space with the L couch. So we went shopping, bought a two piece and a 3 piece theater seating, placed in camper in unit by a large rv sales company. Something wasn't right, returned to rv store. Service writer informed us slide on kitchen side not wide enough to accommodate this furniture and we should have been told that. The store removed and refunded the furniture. No solution for our delimma which leaves us with no other choice but to get rid of this fifth wheel since it is not meeting our needs for this season of our life and so far no one can help us solve this issue. Willing to purchase furniture for it but so far no solution found. Hope this helps others pick a rig that they will enjoy. Definitely no swivel, rocker recliners.
- Harold Meadows, Texas

2019-07-01 2004 Forest River Wildcat 29BH View Listings

Bunkhouse Model, solid, didn't have the latest bells and whistles, but the depreciation was already factored in. Cheaper to buy used and add what matters to you, if your handy, as good dealers are hard to find.
- Mike, Arizona

2019-05-27 2016 Forest River Wildcat 295RSX View Listings

Spacious, lighter weight than most, quality construction, so easy to pull, Love the living area due to the double slides there plus a third in the bedroom. Arctic package great for 3 season camping. Perfect layout/floor plan, lots of storage inside and below. Nice bathroom. Large refrigerator . Very positive purchase.
- Henry, New York

2018-12-15 2016 Forest River Wildcat 282RK View Listings

We purchased a brand new 2016 wildcat fifth wheel. Since we’ve had it we had to fight to get a new air conditioner that went out the first time we used it. We were told on numerous occasions that it was not a warranty issue. It was....we now have a new air...one year later. Now our roof has bubbled up all over. We had it looked at by [dealer] in Byrum, MS, who told us it would be a warranty job and not to worry because we had a 10 year roof warranty. Well, Forest River...AGAIN..said it wasn’t. [dealer] said it had to be because it was faulty rubber roofing. So here we go again. This has not been a pleasurable experience at all. We hold our breath every time we go camping. We called the people we purchased it from and they too said it would fall under warranty. We will be taking it back to Hattiesburg, MS to Country Creek and hopefully they will help us fight for this faulty product. STAY AWAY FROM FOREST RIVER PRODUCTS! We are not the only ones in our camping circle who are having issues with Forest River not wanting to fix THEIR BRAND NEW RV ISSUES. TOO MUCH MONEY TO GO TO WASTE. Find a different brand but do your research first!
- Desiree, Mississippi

2018-11-28 2005 Forest River Wildcat 24RL View Listings

This RV tows very well. It is solid and tight with all new underbelly and the new A/C and 10 gal. water heater with other upgrades and regular maintenence make it relatively trouble free. Waste tank drain valves are located for quick and easy access, making hook-up a breeze. The interior is very comfortable; we have lived in it for several months at a time.
- Joseph R Farmer, Arizona