Forest River Viking Ultra-Lite Reviews on RV Insider (5)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Viking Ultra-Lite RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Paul Vander Griendt from Ontario says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2013 Forest River Viking Ultra-Lite 17FB View Listings

RVs are NOT robust!!! Ours had a puddle of water on the floor in the showroom! They mopped up the water but a year later when the warranty expired the floor was soft and spongy from the absorbed water. Now it's five years later and the floor is very soft. I found a leak in the water filler neck because there was a gap between the fitting and the hose; mismatched size and the hose is too firm for the hose clamp to seal it off. We'll see how much longer we can use it but we will NEVER buy another.
- Paul Vander Griendt, Ontario

2020-11-26 2013 Forest River Viking Ultra-Lite 17FB View Listings

Nothing but trouble from the start. I understand that not everything that comes out of the factory is going to be excellent from the get go - but that is where customer service comes in. Unfortunately, I resorted to paying for an "out of box failure" out of my own pocket because I couldn't get Forest River to even respond to my emails or phone calls. It is a sad thing when you know that $2500 in warranty issues isn't worth pursuing legally - as I'm sure they well do. All I can do is share my more than horrible experience and save someone the hassle of buying from this manufacturer. That said, I don't believe in just writing a negative review, as there is always something positive. Liked the layout of being able to have two adults being able to get out of bed without climbing over each other. Storage space is satisfactory but highly don't recommend putting anything in there, and especially don't recommend putting a bike rack on. The axle is on the unit I purchased was rated for 3,500lbs but wouldn't recommend going over 3,350. Once you put water in there and some clothes you are maxed out due to the poor quality craftsmanship of this unit. Thought I got a steal of a deal paying $1,000/sq ft on my trailer - but you get what you pay for. Sincerely disappointed that no one would return my calls on a 3 month old trailer with warranty issues.
- Christine K, Alberta

2017-10-20 2016 Forest River Viking Ultra-Lite 16RBD View Listings

We purchase this trailer a year ago and love the ease of towing and the quality of everything in the trailer everything has stood up to allot of us with out any problems. We will be looking to get something a little bigger in a few years and will conifer getting another forest river product.
- Amy shreves, Washington

2017-06-16 2013 Forest River Viking Ultra-Lite 17FB View Listings

We just purchased a 2013 in like-new condition. It's perfect for us (two young at heart seniors) and our little dog. Looking forward to many happy times ahead! ? Love the simple floor plan, the queen size bed, clothes closet and shower/tub combo!
- S & J - South Georgia, Georgia