Forest River Vibe Reviews on RV Insider (36)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Vibe RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James Welty from Iowa says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River Vibe 268RKS View Listings

Purchased new off dealer lot, took out next day. Found drawers poorly constructed. Both kitchen drawers have no stops, both opened spilling everything. Drawer below sofa again no stops and tore glider and bent. Tried to use kitchen outlet and no power to rear of coach.Found wire broken off rear of GFI in bathroom. When salesman did walk through with us discovered grey tanks need drained in two different locations. Requiring moving rig get to other tank. Drain valve on holding fresh water tank requires you climb on your knees to reach valve. All said I do like the trailer, just was not thought thru for convenience of elderly users. Have not taken in for warranty work as of today. Scheduled in a few days.
- James Welty, Iowa

2020-09-23 2019 Forest River Vibe 25RK View Listings

Purchased a new Vibe in Aug, 2019. refrigerator quit working first outing. Took 5 trips to dealer to get it fixed. This year the first outing the TV falls of the wall, the black water tank flush system doesn't work, interior doors don't open and close properly, and the fresh water tank mounting brackets broke. The dealer has had the unit for 2 months with no completion in sight. Another summer without the use of my camper. When I contact the dealer [Pete's RV] its always that the parts haven't come in. Contacting Forest River is no help either.
- Garry Finchum, Indiana

2020-09-20 2016 Forest River Vibe 279RBS View Listings

Bought at Portland RV show, was our first and will absolutely be our last. We loved the looks, floor plan for TWO, being supposedly 1/2 ton towable. The one we eventually got was the 3rd one off the local assembly line, and we had to wait for a while to get it. Ever hear the advice to never buy (any vehicle) in its first year of production?? Lordy, if only we had! First issue was picking it up at the dealership, Curtis Trailers. Turned into 4 hour ordeal. First, it was not actually ready to go, several items needed attention, two drawers had failed latches, the shower doors didn't line up, likely had been transported unlatched?, there was an electrical issue, and more. When the paperwork was done, so was the customer service. Finally we were given the "you are good to go, the Anderson Hitch (fantastic Hitch!) install and repairs/touch ups are done." So out to the truck we go, sales guy opens wife's door, and says best exit is down the lane and to the right and departs. As we buckle up and I'm checking the mirrors, I decided to do a quick walk around. So glad I did. The steps were not completely folded, and omg, the power cable had been disconnected from their end, but was still plugged into the trailer!! I was nearly "that guy"! The exit instructions were awful, we ended up on a narrow single lane street by a park with cars parked on both sides, my first time pulling the trailer. OK, the dealership sucked, but hey we had a really cool trailer, right? Wrong. Right out of the bag, the front stabilizer failed to operate, in the down position, the dealership had no clue where that fuse was, and where it is is insane. I finally find it, replace it, first trip out, it blew again. Back to dealer, I had to tell them where it was. They said they found nothing wrong with the wiring. But amazingly the problem stopped. After preparing for the next trip out, while closing the kitchen slide, the front bottom aluminum trim/guide piece failed pushing through the slide seal. Back to dealer. So far 120 miles of outings, 120 miles to and from dealer. The part had to be ordered, "not really important, head on out, well let you know when it's in", they never did. Called them after a couple months, "still not available, don't worry about it, we can't see why it was there anyway." 4 years later, still not there, guess they where right about one thing. I fixed the seal and wrote them off. Next, one of the sales pitches was it was pre-wired for solar, and had this decal on the wall where to cut to install your solar charge controller. So after installing three 100w solar panels on the roof, I proceeded with the charge controller install. Carefully cutting the wall paneling exactly where indicated, I find the bathroom plumbing air vent riser perfectly centered in the opening. Enter appropriate swearing here. But all this was only the beginning. We are not big time RV'ers, in the four years mostly due to personal issues, combined with the trailer's, we have only made 8 outings, mostly two or 3 days, couple hundred miles. Only two real trips over 500 miles. Point is, it has barely been used, and used carefully and appropriately. So the fact that we have had 34 issues, yes I have been counting, is insane, and the compilation ending to date with failed welds holding up the fresh water tank!! I found the framework holding up the tank totally inadequate, even without the faulty welds. Other issues of note have been: failed rear stabilizer switch, 120v outlet falling out of wall while energized, headliner pealing, fresh water inlet coupling won't turn, both grey and black water outlet latching coggs have failed, fresh water tank actually only holds 20 gallons (I measured), not 33, plus fresh water tank overflow tube somehow drains half of that if you travel any distance at all, not fun to arrive at a remote dry camp site with maybe 10 gallons. The very cheap, paper thin plastic bath sink failed when I had to replace the failed faucet, the 12v interior lighting was not LED as was indicated to us, the bed mattress was seriously awful and too short for stated size, two interior roof cents have fallen out and NO WE HAVE NOT TRAVELED CARELESSLY down rough roads, the darn thing barely has 2000 mostly freeway or good two lane miles on it! For the longest time I couldn't figure out how all the stink bugs were getting in, well the Coroplast underbelly covering had separated from the frame in many places, allowing insect and potentially rodent access. When you see those used trailer ads stating that it is "better than new", they likely are not lying. My ad won't be.
- Lawrence, Oregon

2020-09-19 2020 Forest River Vibe 28RL View Listings

Have had this trailer a year now, and camped 9 times. We really love the floor plan, very open living space in the rear. Ours has the table and 4 chairs, not a booth. Super kitchen, and the fridge/freezer is huge for this size trailer. I like the 12 volt fridge too, gets cold so quick! We haven't missed not having the propane option for the fridge. I can't complain about the quality for the price, paid around 26k. For a 34' trailer with 2 slides and a super floor plan, we feel we got a great deal. Took it on some decent road trips (11 hours, 6.5 hours twice) and it tows really easy. I'm pulling it with a Silverado 1500 too, not a 2500. (my max capacity is 9600 lbs) I've read a few reviews on Vibe's and not many good ones. Everything on ours is solid...nothing falling off or apart, drawers all work well, electronics all function as they should, slides and awnings do what they're supposed to, really NO problems in our first year. We're looking forward to many more with this trailer, and would recommend this model to anyone looking for a good size, fairly light weight, comfortable travel trailer. (Haven't had to use any Factory Warranty or Support, but they made me rate it anyway...so I went with a 4 star)
- Chuck, Pennsylvania

2020-09-19 2018 Forest River Vibe 268RKS View Listings

DO NOT BUY A FOREST RIVER PRODUCT! They do not stand behind their product. Our trailer has been falling apart since day one. The slide keeps spitting out parts. A bolt just fell out, and it quit working (Stuck out). The fan cover fell apart (with a max-air covering it). And many more things just loosening, falling off, and Rust, all over the place. And we just discovered that the rubber roof is splitting, and they refuse to help us. We take very good care of this trailer. It is always covered when not in use. Please do not buy their products. They are built so cheap!!!! They do not care about their customers! Our trailer is not quite 2 years old and it is literally falling apart.
- Jim, Nevada

2020-07-31 2018 Forest River Vibe 307BHS View Listings

I bought the vibe new from the dealership. When I first used the unit, it had water leaks, I called the dealership and they basically told me it was my problem. It wasn't my problem when they taken my $27,000. I've carried it to be worked on 5 time's. The a.c. constantly drips water on the floor, they couldn't find anything wrong with it even after showing them a video of what it was doing. The floor seems soft in places,the technician said that I need a new floor but the dealership said that it was fine.They had to replace a peice of paneling and it's a different color than the rest of the camper. It took 6 weeks just to mix match colors. The toilet leaks around the bottom of it and the dealership found no problem. When emptying the tanks the smell inside is terrible. This is just some of the problems I've had. I spent over $27,000 on the trailer I think we should all get together and file a suit against Forest River. I am going to look into it because I feel like I got nothing for my money.
- Danny wallace, Louisiana

2020-07-24 2017 Forest River Vibe 315BHK View Listings

Worst trailer I ever got. Had a Road Runner with no issues, Trail sport with no issues and this Vibe that has water infiltration in the back, sides, front. I do my caulking twice a summer. I’ve had so many issues that there’s not enough characters to write. Stay away. Btw, the dealer is not any better. Gives you appointments and is always too busy. Never again for me.
- Stephan Sareault , Quebec

2020-06-25 2016 Forest River Vibe 268RKS View Listings

We love our Vibe. Our first RV. It tows great never had 9a breakdown or flat tire. Great floor plan Forest River has been great. They went out of their way to make us happy. Easy to take care of. The trailer has held up for 4 years and many miles
- Bill Griffths , Michigan

2020-05-28 2020 Forest River Vibe 21BH View Listings

I loved the floor plan and thats why I bought it. It maximizes the usable space very well. The Build Quality and materials are absolute crap. I owned a Jayco Class C and sold it to buy this and its a night and day quality comparison. Unless you want to do extra work because you love the layout don't buy a Forest River. I've had it 3 weeks and already had to rebuild the seat for the table (cheap wood with screws pulling out), The back support for the table just pulled out the screws today (I am not a large person)..... which is why I'm writing this review. I get to rebuild that next..... Neither the inside speakers or most of the cupboard doors were not installed straight. I wish I would have taken the time to notice these details before I bought it. Every screw I've seen on this thing is not straight and looks like they built it on some kind of reality Trailer speed build show. Its super disappointing to spend 20k+ on a new trailer and have to spend my time rebuilding it. Not sure whats going on at that factory, but they should be ashamed.
- s.klein, Washington

2020-05-25 2019 Forest River Vibe 32BH View Listings

I bought my 2019 32bh vibe exactly one year ago. Today is may 25th amd its been in for repair since the beginning of February. Almost 4 months, and it has been in for months earlier. Probably had it 6 or 7 month in the year that I owned it. First trip the wood over the top of the super slide split down the middle. It took a year to get fixed. My awning fell off while driving down the road. The lag bolt pulled right out and when the walls were pulled off for repair it was discovered that backing plates weren't put in the walls. Now I have a big metal plate with bolts and nuts on the inside of my camper. The edges on the side of my roof weren't properly nailed down and pop up along the length of my camper on both sides not allowing proper drainage. The paint on the rock guard came off in spots and it looks like trash now. Now my awning motor doesn't work. The craftsmanship is trash, no quality. Do yourself a favor and find a better manufacturer.
- James stubbs, Florida

2020-05-07 2018 Forest River Vibe 268RKS View Listings

We purchased this rv brand new. And it has just been a piece of crap. All of the cheap vinyl they covered the cabinets in is peeling off. I called and they said not covered by warranty. And as soon as we bought the rv they started treating us like crap. Would not buy another Forest River RV ever!!!
- Steven Kuzuf Sr, Texas

2020-03-31 2017 Forest River Vibe 268RKS View Listings

Bought the trailer new in 2017. The upholstery on the recliners has completely deteriorated...the dinette is beginning to deteriorate as well. The surface of the walls are wrinkling and coming off. The counter around the sink is blowing up and coming apart. Two tires exploded and damaged undercarriage. Already had to replace air conditioning unit. The camper looks nice and has a nice floor plan but is a real piece of crap as to quality of materials and craftsmanship. Can't get rid of it fast enough. new in 2017. Furni
- Gerald Smith, Florida

2020-01-19 2016 Forest River Vibe 221RBS View Listings

We had good experience overall with our 2016 Vibe 221RBS having only 1 warranty repair for cable under slide out .... quality is good and like the high end appliances as well. This is a good camper for a couple and it tows nice.
- Shawn Wood, North Carolina

2019-12-03 2017 Forest River Vibe 308BHS View Listings

First off all campers must be treated like a wet paper bag. You need to be handy to fix all the small issues, take every precaution possible to keep them clean before storing. Not sure how much money needs to be spent on a camper for it not to have problems.
- Jason, Ohio

2019-11-01 2016 Forest River Vibe 311RLS View Listings

This has been a great camper. We are looking to upgrade to something a little larger. This camper has been v ery well taken care of and is well built. It has a large stainless steel refrigerator that also has a converter so that it can run off the battery also. It has the electric stabilizer jacks.
- Jerry Sasnett II, Alabama

2019-09-23 2018 Forest River Vibe 313BH View Listings

I liked the layout except always hit my head on the top of the slide out. I had to repair 3 water lines the first night I stayed in the RV. Under the bathroom sink was the hardest to get to the pipes. Water all over the floor. Took 3 days to get all dry with heaters. Under all unseen areas including the couches trash from all the holes they drilled. Also the TV antenna did not work. Had to run a new one on the top if the AC. I ran water in the all the drains found 2 were dripping under the Shower and in the back under the sink where there was lots of wires. The drawers in the kitchen were mot connected to the back of the slides causing them to break the screws when one of the slides locked up and broke the front of the slide right off the wood at the front. The couches wear down like paper after a year. All of the trim on the slideouts had 4 nails which were barely able to hold up and fell off when the heat got into the RV while we were gone. Definitely the poorest quality control. I was a QC engineer for a large electronic company in Florida. If I missed just one of the problems I saw I would have had to be retrained. Definitely a LEMON.
- Bob Flood, Texas

2019-08-24 2019 Forest River Vibe 313BHS View Listings

Bought new off the lot. This thing is junk, warranty is junk Forest River is junk. Brought straight from dealer to site and the fireplace doesn't work, ac blows ice chunks and water everywhere. Had to change the fireplace myself because warranty is a joke. Took to dealer to get the AC fixed. Went back to site and the AC didn't work at all. Paid out of pocket for replacement AC unit. Stinks to high hell inside when you dump tanks. Total POS, don't buy Forest River junk! This was my fourth RV and the only one I ever had trouble with, but then the others were not Forest River junk.
- Darrel, Texas

2019-06-16 2016 Forest River Vibe 221RBS View Listings

This rv was my first unit ever, I had to fix the plumbing before I left it was shooting water all over the place. all mini blinds broke. the slideout cut holes in the flooring, It towed perfectly without issue. Had to fix several small things but its a camper. I am now in the market to step it up to a bigger unit and live fulltime. I think this camper is perfect for a single person and perhaps a small dog but there isn't enough power outlets or enough areas to keep clothes.
- donna, Maryland

2019-05-27 2016 Forest River Vibe 268RKS View Listings

I liked the floor plan, It fits what we need. We have no problem towing. The first year we used it twice, before we could even use it (purchased in winter) we had to take it to the dealer because the slide out had plastic tubing underneath that was hanging down because whatever was holding it together had broke/cracked from sitting in outside in the cold. Zip ties is what the dealer used to fix it. The plastic trim that covers the wood of our booth fall off all the time. The second year we used it three times, the break cable had to be replaced.... Seriously this camper is brand new, we paid cash for this thing and I know it was more than 20k. Now this year, for the love, the trim that goes around the bottom of the cabinets is peeling off.... Yes peeling off, it is not wood. So now we have to figure out something to glue it down with. This should not be!!!!!!! Very POOR QUALITY, I wouldn't recommend anyone buy from this company because I cant imagine they put in better effort on any of their campers. Also there are no books on "how to" for people who are new to camping in supposed luxury. And when you need answers of course the dealers are closed so you are now camping and can't figure out what to do to fix whatever the issue may be...
- Sherry Slife, Wisconsin

2019-04-25 2016 Forest River Vibe 308BHS View Listings

The worst experience ever. An aluminum shaving from a drill hole was left under the rubber membrane in my slide out. Clearly a manufacturer issue. Tibet roof eventually city through and caused a leak. Forest river will not repair it. Outside warranty. Will never purchase a First River product line again or deal with Camping World. Neither company backs their products. Have yet to receive a call back from Forest River after numerous messages. Quality control is severely lacking.
- Dave, Rhode Island

2019-03-18 2018 Forest River Vibe 323QBS View Listings

2018 Forest River Vibe First thing I noted after moving the RV many trim pieces fell off. Most of the trim boards had 3 nails on the slides and the nails used were just a hair in the wood. I had 4 trim pieces fall off just towing the RV to my home. Small long ceiling trim boards and the down trim boards all had 3 tiny nails barely in the wall all around the the whole RV. The slide outs are very to hit your head on when trying to sit on couch an dgetting in Dinette. Floor trim are buckling from the lack of nails. The light above the stove barely gives light to cook. The entrance door needs a lock to keep it from slamming from the wind. The mini blinds needs support inside the top where the 2 screws are due to collapsing from the screws being too tight. The blinds are so tight at the wall that they bend out of shape easily causing the blinds to bend out of shape. Most of the problems are from QC factory problems and not having nails specifically for the trims at a specific depth to stay in place.
- Bob, Texas

2018-12-14 2018 Forest River Vibe 268RKS View Listings

This is the worse RV we have owned. The cabinets are all like pressed sawdust and they are covered in a paper. They peel very bad. I would never suggest purchasing one. We are very disappointed in it. I will not tell any of our friends to purchase one. We should have kept our last unit which was a 2010 Keystone Cougar. That was the worse thing we ever did was get rid of it.
- Steven L Kuzuf SR, Texas

2018-07-31 2018 Forest River Vibe 288RLS View Listings

Poor quality bad engineer inn slide out bottom sagging. Just not happy with it at all should have shopped around more. E mail. mike-petit@sbcglobal.net rated 2 would not purchase another forest river product again
- Mike petit, Indiana

2018-06-29 2016 Forest River Vibe 308BHS View Listings

We have had our vibe 308bhs since july of 2016 and had only one problem and that was the drain in the show not hooked up correctly. Repaired it myself and no other issue. I purchased mine from quietwood rv of janesville and simply love it.
- VINCE A, Wisconsin

2018-06-11 2018 Forest River Vibe 323QBS View Listings

Just took delivery... Wow! To say that the quality is poor is an understatement. The overall workmanship is pathetic. I would be ashamed to put my name on anything this poor! I'm looking forward to all the problems that come from a manufacturer with no apparent standards!
- John Ayotte, Colorado