Forest River Vibe Reviews on RV Insider (32)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Vibe RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James Welty from Iowa says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River Vibe 268RKS View Listings

Purchased new off dealer lot, took out next day. Found drawers poorly constructed. Both kitchen drawers have no stops, both opened spilling everything. Drawer below sofa again no stops and tore glider and bent. Tried to use kitchen outlet and no power to rear of coach.Found wire broken off rear of GFI in bathroom. When salesman did walk through with us discovered grey tanks need drained in two different locations. Requiring moving rig get to other tank. Drain valve on holding fresh water tank requires you climb on your knees to reach valve. All said I do like the trailer, just was not thought thru for convenience of elderly users. Have not taken in for warranty work as of today. Scheduled in a few days.
- James Welty, Iowa

2020-07-31 2018 Forest River Vibe 307BHS View Listings

I bought the vibe new from the dealership. When I first used the unit, it had water leaks, I called the dealership and they basically told me it was my problem. It wasn't my problem when they taken my $27,000. I've carried it to be worked on 5 time's. The a.c. constantly drips water on the floor, they couldn't find anything wrong with it even after showing them a video of what it was doing. The floor seems soft in places,the technician said that I need a new floor but the dealership said that it was fine.They had to replace a peice of paneling and it's a different color than the rest of the camper. It took 6 weeks just to mix match colors. The toilet leaks around the bottom of it and the dealership found no problem. When emptying the tanks the smell inside is terrible. This is just some of the problems I've had. I spent over $27,000 on the trailer I think we should all get together and file a suit against Forest River. I am going to look into it because I feel like I got nothing for my money.
- Danny wallace, Louisiana

2020-07-24 2017 Forest River Vibe 315BHK View Listings

Worst trailer I ever got. Had a Road Runner with no issues, Trail sport with no issues and this Vibe that has water infiltration in the back, sides, front. I do my caulking twice a summer. I’ve had so many issues that there’s not enough characters to write. Stay away. Btw, the dealer is not any better. Gives you appointments and is always too busy. Never again for me.
- Stephan Sareault , Quebec

2020-06-25 2016 Forest River Vibe 268RKS View Listings

We love our Vibe. Our first RV. It tows great never had 9a breakdown or flat tire. Great floor plan Forest River has been great. They went out of their way to make us happy. Easy to take care of. The trailer has held up for 4 years and many miles
- Bill Griffths , Michigan

2020-05-28 2020 Forest River Vibe 21BH View Listings

I loved the floor plan and thats why I bought it. It maximizes the usable space very well. The Build Quality and materials are absolute crap. I owned a Jayco Class C and sold it to buy this and its a night and day quality comparison. Unless you want to do extra work because you love the layout don't buy a Forest River. I've had it 3 weeks and already had to rebuild the seat for the table (cheap wood with screws pulling out), The back support for the table just pulled out the screws today (I am not a large person)..... which is why I'm writing this review. I get to rebuild that next..... Neither the inside speakers or most of the cupboard doors were not installed straight. I wish I would have taken the time to notice these details before I bought it. Every screw I've seen on this thing is not straight and looks like they built it on some kind of reality Trailer speed build show. Its super disappointing to spend 20k+ on a new trailer and have to spend my time rebuilding it. Not sure whats going on at that factory, but they should be ashamed.
- s.klein, Washington

2020-05-25 2019 Forest River Vibe 32BH View Listings

I bought my 2019 32bh vibe exactly one year ago. Today is may 25th amd its been in for repair since the beginning of February. Almost 4 months, and it has been in for months earlier. Probably had it 6 or 7 month in the year that I owned it. First trip the wood over the top of the super slide split down the middle. It took a year to get fixed. My awning fell off while driving down the road. The lag bolt pulled right out and when the walls were pulled off for repair it was discovered that backing plates weren't put in the walls. Now I have a big metal plate with bolts and nuts on the inside of my camper. The edges on the side of my roof weren't properly nailed down and pop up along the length of my camper on both sides not allowing proper drainage. The paint on the rock guard came off in spots and it looks like trash now. Now my awning motor doesn't work. The craftsmanship is trash, no quality. Do yourself a favor and find a better manufacturer.
- James stubbs, Florida

2020-05-07 2018 Forest River Vibe 268RKS View Listings

We purchased this rv brand new. And it has just been a piece of crap. All of the cheap vinyl they covered the cabinets in is peeling off. I called and they said not covered by warranty. And as soon as we bought the rv they started treating us like crap. Would not buy another Forest River RV ever!!!
- Steven Kuzuf Sr, Texas

2020-03-31 2017 Forest River Vibe 268RKS View Listings

Bought the trailer new in 2017. The upholstery on the recliners has completely deteriorated...the dinette is beginning to deteriorate as well. The surface of the walls are wrinkling and coming off. The counter around the sink is blowing up and coming apart. Two tires exploded and damaged undercarriage. Already had to replace air conditioning unit. The camper looks nice and has a nice floor plan but is a real piece of crap as to quality of materials and craftsmanship. Can't get rid of it fast enough. new in 2017. Furni
- Gerald Smith, Florida

2020-01-19 2016 Forest River Vibe 221RBS View Listings

We had good experience overall with our 2016 Vibe 221RBS having only 1 warranty repair for cable under slide out .... quality is good and like the high end appliances as well. This is a good camper for a couple and it tows nice.
- Shawn Wood, North Carolina

2019-12-03 2017 Forest River Vibe 308BHS View Listings

First off all campers must be treated like a wet paper bag. You need to be handy to fix all the small issues, take every precaution possible to keep them clean before storing. Not sure how much money needs to be spent on a camper for it not to have problems.
- Jason, Ohio

2019-11-01 2016 Forest River Vibe 311RLS View Listings

This has been a great camper. We are looking to upgrade to something a little larger. This camper has been v ery well taken care of and is well built. It has a large stainless steel refrigerator that also has a converter so that it can run off the battery also. It has the electric stabilizer jacks.
- Jerry Sasnett II, Alabama

2019-09-23 2018 Forest River Vibe 313BH View Listings

I liked the layout except always hit my head on the top of the slide out. I had to repair 3 water lines the first night I stayed in the RV. Under the bathroom sink was the hardest to get to the pipes. Water all over the floor. Took 3 days to get all dry with heaters. Under all unseen areas including the couches trash from all the holes they drilled. Also the TV antenna did not work. Had to run a new one on the top if the AC. I ran water in the all the drains found 2 were dripping under the Shower and in the back under the sink where there was lots of wires. The drawers in the kitchen were mot connected to the back of the slides causing them to break the screws when one of the slides locked up and broke the front of the slide right off the wood at the front. The couches wear down like paper after a year. All of the trim on the slideouts had 4 nails which were barely able to hold up and fell off when the heat got into the RV while we were gone. Definitely the poorest quality control. I was a QC engineer for a large electronic company in Florida. If I missed just one of the problems I saw I would have had to be retrained. Definitely a LEMON.
- Bob Flood, Texas

2019-08-24 2019 Forest River Vibe 313BHS View Listings

Bought new off the lot. This thing is junk, warranty is junk Forest River is junk. Brought straight from dealer to site and the fireplace doesn't work, ac blows ice chunks and water everywhere. Had to change the fireplace myself because warranty is a joke. Took to dealer to get the AC fixed. Went back to site and the AC didn't work at all. Paid out of pocket for replacement AC unit. Stinks to high hell inside when you dump tanks. Total POS, don't buy Forest River junk! This was my fourth RV and the only one I ever had trouble with, but then the others were not Forest River junk.
- Darrel, Texas

2019-06-16 2016 Forest River Vibe 221RBS View Listings

This rv was my first unit ever, I had to fix the plumbing before I left it was shooting water all over the place. all mini blinds broke. the slideout cut holes in the flooring, It towed perfectly without issue. Had to fix several small things but its a camper. I am now in the market to step it up to a bigger unit and live fulltime. I think this camper is perfect for a single person and perhaps a small dog but there isn't enough power outlets or enough areas to keep clothes.
- donna, Maryland

2019-05-27 2016 Forest River Vibe 268RKS View Listings

I liked the floor plan, It fits what we need. We have no problem towing. The first year we used it twice, before we could even use it (purchased in winter) we had to take it to the dealer because the slide out had plastic tubing underneath that was hanging down because whatever was holding it together had broke/cracked from sitting in outside in the cold. Zip ties is what the dealer used to fix it. The plastic trim that covers the wood of our booth fall off all the time. The second year we used it three times, the break cable had to be replaced.... Seriously this camper is brand new, we paid cash for this thing and I know it was more than 20k. Now this year, for the love, the trim that goes around the bottom of the cabinets is peeling off.... Yes peeling off, it is not wood. So now we have to figure out something to glue it down with. This should not be!!!!!!! Very POOR QUALITY, I wouldn't recommend anyone buy from this company because I cant imagine they put in better effort on any of their campers. Also there are no books on "how to" for people who are new to camping in supposed luxury. And when you need answers of course the dealers are closed so you are now camping and can't figure out what to do to fix whatever the issue may be...
- Sherry Slife, Wisconsin

2019-04-25 2016 Forest River Vibe 308BHS View Listings

The worst experience ever. An aluminum shaving from a drill hole was left under the rubber membrane in my slide out. Clearly a manufacturer issue. Tibet roof eventually city through and caused a leak. Forest river will not repair it. Outside warranty. Will never purchase a First River product line again or deal with Camping World. Neither company backs their products. Have yet to receive a call back from Forest River after numerous messages. Quality control is severely lacking.
- Dave, Rhode Island

2019-03-18 2018 Forest River Vibe 323QBS View Listings

2018 Forest River Vibe First thing I noted after moving the RV many trim pieces fell off. Most of the trim boards had 3 nails on the slides and the nails used were just a hair in the wood. I had 4 trim pieces fall off just towing the RV to my home. Small long ceiling trim boards and the down trim boards all had 3 tiny nails barely in the wall all around the the whole RV. The slide outs are very to hit your head on when trying to sit on couch an dgetting in Dinette. Floor trim are buckling from the lack of nails. The light above the stove barely gives light to cook. The entrance door needs a lock to keep it from slamming from the wind. The mini blinds needs support inside the top where the 2 screws are due to collapsing from the screws being too tight. The blinds are so tight at the wall that they bend out of shape easily causing the blinds to bend out of shape. Most of the problems are from QC factory problems and not having nails specifically for the trims at a specific depth to stay in place.
- Bob, Texas

2018-12-14 2018 Forest River Vibe 268RKS View Listings

This is the worse RV we have owned. The cabinets are all like pressed sawdust and they are covered in a paper. They peel very bad. I would never suggest purchasing one. We are very disappointed in it. I will not tell any of our friends to purchase one. We should have kept our last unit which was a 2010 Keystone Cougar. That was the worse thing we ever did was get rid of it.
- Steven L Kuzuf SR, Texas

2018-07-31 2018 Forest River Vibe 288RLS View Listings

Poor quality bad engineer inn slide out bottom sagging. Just not happy with it at all should have shopped around more. E mail. mike-petit@sbcglobal.net rated 2 would not purchase another forest river product again
- Mike petit, Indiana

2018-06-29 2016 Forest River Vibe 308BHS View Listings

We have had our vibe 308bhs since july of 2016 and had only one problem and that was the drain in the show not hooked up correctly. Repaired it myself and no other issue. I purchased mine from quietwood rv of janesville and simply love it.
- VINCE A, Wisconsin

2018-06-11 2018 Forest River Vibe 323QBS View Listings

Just took delivery... Wow! To say that the quality is poor is an understatement. The overall workmanship is pathetic. I would be ashamed to put my name on anything this poor! I'm looking forward to all the problems that come from a manufacturer with no apparent standards!
- John Ayotte, Colorado

2017-09-18 2017 Forest River Vibe 308BHS View Listings

From our first trip we have had nothing but problem. sliding doors fall off multiple water leaks under cabinet,range hood fan went out,back door jammed shut,dealer jacked door opening and now issue with outdoor kitchen door,drawers fall out in transit,sofa drawer rubbing hole in kitchen cabinets, finish trim not cut right and some never installed, black tank flush wouldn't work on first trip due to line being pinched in the frame ,toilet installed in wrong direction causing hose to be short and hose trim all jacked up,dining table unlevel,all night shades were not installed correctly and won't close all the way, refrigerator lock would not keep door locked and kept opening in transit causing some big messes, yinyl floor buckled up in kitchen, seat back in dining has rubbed the wall paper off from not being secure, discoloration in spots of ceiling. Not a happy camper and talked with another unhappy camper this weekend that has same vibe and same issues plus some. Don't dare buy a Forest River product.....
- Joe Woolley, Alabama

2017-08-14 2015 Forest River Vibe 268RKS View Listings

My husband and I have retired and hit the road. We were so excited to purchase or first travel trailer and to be able to pay cash for a brand new one. We researched and followed different brands and styles for years before this. we knew what we wanted and were excited to find the Forest River Vibe 268RK. The first thing that happened was the mechanic who did our walk around put the stopper in the outside kitchen sink and turned on the tap. When we plugged into water it was not long before there was water inside our brand new trailer. We had someone take a look at this for us and they pulled the underbelly off to find it was full of water, NOT from the mishap with the outside kitchen, but the inside kitchen sink was not completely connected. The window next to the dinette shattered when I opened it( not using force.) the trim is coming off and the wall boards in the short hallway and the bedroom were never secured properly and are bowing out. All of these things I could forgive, but the floor from day one has given us issues. we called forest river and were told it was normal and there would be some give, we called back 6 months later to let them know it seemed to be getting worse they told us again that the luan floors did that. Now that our warranty is up we are having major issues with the floor. I accept full responsibility for not taking this trailer back immediately, but I believe forest river should stand behind their products. Thank goodness my husband and I are not the type to completely give up the lifestyle because of a bad experience, but we have learned a lot about RVing and buying RV's. Pay attention to every detail!!
- Beth, Tennessee

2017-07-20 2016 Forest River Vibe 272BHS View Listings

Nothing but problems from day one. I bought it new and it's been the worst purchase I have ever made! From poor cabinetry to messy wiring. Things installed half axx and poor quality. A non working tv, a shower surround bubbly and coming off. Towel racks and window blinds and treatments falling off. A cabinet glass door installed wrong causing it to fall during travel and breaking. Most of this stuff was not covered by warranty because how can I prove I didn't break it myself. My axels broke and brakes went out causing my tires to wear unevenly this was covered but they replaced with mismatch tires. Took 8 weeks to finally get all the parts just for that problem. Power Rv tongue jack went out along with the front stabilizer jacks under extended warranty $100 each item for deductible along with another 4 weeks. Side marker for slide out keeps pulling out. Most of the cabinet drawer locks don't hold them close. Molding on very bottom of cabinets is a sticker that starts peeling off after a few months. I have a toilet issue where it always gets clogged due to the piping set up. It takes weeks for an appointment then several weeks to resolve the issue. My Rv has been at the dealer more than I can use it. I usually fix most of the stuff my self if I can. My water tank just cracked on me well I was filling it up. That's the latest issue. I've this Rv for 17 months and it is the worst Rv I've ever owned!! Don't buy one and it does not hold its value what so ever!!!
- Rvgolfer, California

2017-06-08 2016 Forest River Vibe 279RBS View Listings

After researching over 200 trailers, we found this Vibe V-Nose and it's so comfortable and roomy that we loved staying in it as much as our house. It tows easily, has tons of storage and is gorgeous. The bath is so large you can have three people in their and still plenty of room. Our family of 4 had plenty of drawers and closets for our clothing and plenty of sleeping room. When Mom and I wanted some privacy, we closed off the wood doors and it was our own secure space from the kids. The center island is so convenient. We put our Keurig coffee maker on there plus my wife's Vitamix and our toaster. There are plenty of plugs and counter space for a good sized family. We love the swivel TV that let's us put the kids in one room and we can play cards or a game, or visa/versa. The outside of the trailer is really nice looking and paired nicely with our Brown Metallic Denali. This is half-ton towable and at 33 feet pulls like nothing is there. We get so many compliments on our rig and we highly recommend it. Forest River had made an excellent product!
- Bob McTurner, Oregon