Forest River Vibe

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Vibe RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James Welty from Iowa says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River Vibe 268RKS View Listings

Purchased new off dealer lot, took out next day. Found drawers poorly constructed. Both kitchen drawers have no stops, both opened spilling everything. Drawer below sofa again no stops and tore glider and bent. Tried to use kitchen outlet and no power to rear of coach.Found wire broken off rear of GFI in bathroom. When salesman did walk through with us discovered grey tanks need drained in two different locations. Requiring moving rig get to other tank. Drain valve on holding fresh water tank requires you climb on your knees to reach valve. All said I do like the trailer, just was not thought thru for convenience of elderly users. Have not taken in for warranty work as of today. Scheduled in a few days.
- James Welty, Iowa

2021-09-30 2016 Forest River Vibe 272BHS View Listings

Love it. Comfortable and roomy. Loaded with features. Solid build. AC and heat very reliable. Queen bed with plenty of storage place in cabin and underneath. Great working stove snd oven. Also includes microwave. Exterior BBQ is great along I’m with outside sink and a mini fridge! Would highly recommend.
- Connie Bradshaw, Missouri

2021-08-30 2021 Forest River Vibe 26BH View Listings

Bought in April, within 2 months, awning broke, cable not wired correctly, dealer tried to fix and radio stopped working. poor finishing job for paint splattered and fingerprints, stick on paper laminent peeling off, molding falling off, window curtain so tight it pulled screw out of wall and now hangs....outside outlet and outlet for fridge/convection top stopped working. 2nd dealer fixed but lasted less than 1 week; now at 5 months- countertop falling apart from water leaking between undermount sink and counter top. doors coming off tracks, shower still leaks, toilet sometimes leaks. air to front bedroom? yeah right even with all other vents closed and portable fans blowing air toward the room. did i mention the vent over oven never worked right and then fell off during a trip? dealers fix was to "wedge" with cardboard open the external flap. solar panels don't work for off-griding, you get maybe 2.5 days fridge use only and everything starts shutting off. slideout sits high not flat on floor.... hit your foot on that a few times!....screen door closing mechanism refused to stay in place. was shown how to "fix" it, (i did multiple times) and it fell off after the dealer left. now screen handle doesn't retract and catch latch, so handle has to be "jiggled" to ensure it catches....awning arm broke instead of "dumping", had to go to manufacturer for warranty... dealer and FR did not want to warrantee.... what else would you like?? we like the floorplan, bathroom size, counter and storage space... that is it. would like my refund now.....
- andrea machado, New York

2021-07-08 2016 Forest River Vibe 268RKS View Listings

Purchased a 2016 forest River Vibe. Love layout and the camper itself. Unfortunately have had some issues. Purchased the extended warranty because I purchased the Camper used from Myers RV Center. That's useless. My review and comments are for Forest River itself. I Called the corporate office three separate occasions to ask questions, and I never got a call back after leaving messages. Particularly with the parts manager. I've had more run around and never spoke to anyone from the company. So I would say if you like Forest River RV's, check the reviews. I still love my camper but the issues I have never got resolved unless I fixed myself. My latest issue is the 12v refrigerator. I didn't call to ask for them to fix but just to ask what I can do to make better. Apparently my unit was built without a solor system, and vehicle can't handle the charging when traveling. Dealer said forest river didn't install a solar system for that year to maintain the 12v system. Their answering! Call Forezt River....I'm shit out of luck and will have to install myself. Sometimes would be nice to speak to someone from the manufacture to get answers and not have to rely on a person at a dealer you can't trust. At this point, couldnt even get anyone from Forest River to respond..Frustrating company to get someone to speak too.
- Robert Gracie, New York

2021-07-07 2018 Forest River Vibe 323QBS View Listings

Has been nothing but a headache after the first year of ownership, leaking pipes, peeling cabinets. Quality of this camper has been very poor. Owned our prior camper for 4 years with little maintenance, but this one has cost us thousands already and still needs more work
- Lucas Mell, Florida

2021-07-07 2019 Forest River Vibe 308BHS View Listings

The travel trailer has been a headache from day one they fixed all the caustic problems which was a big list I failed to notice the tire were already 3 years old now camper is 2 years old tires are 5 dry rotted had blow out less than 2,000 miles on them Forrest river is no help at all they even recommend changing tires every 5 years unfortunately how old my tires are but camper is only 2 years old Forrest river service and warranty dept. Were very rude and unhelpful I would not recommend anyone to purchase a travel trailer from them they do not care about there customers after there purchase is final
- Robert Marks, West Virginia

2021-06-18 2017 Forest River Vibe 272BHS View Listings

Bought new, identified flaws upon purchase was told they would all be dealt with. Yesterday marks 1 year of dealing with it and still has all the flaws. Will probably just take a hit and sell with issues. Would rather give birth to a porky pine then ever own another FOREST RIVER product.
- Cassidy Fouillard, Alberta

2021-05-13 2019 Forest River Vibe 284BHS View Listings

We went on our second camping trip and there are now more items to add to the list of warranty repairs. 1: The coupler on the trailer will not release OR connect to the ball on the truck. You have to set the trailer down on the ball and then move the truck while the trailer is sitting on the ball to get the coupler in a position to lock. You have to do the same in reverse to get the coupler to release. This means that the coupler is faulty or the ball/receiver was not set up properly when the camper was delivered. This is unacceptable and needs to be addressed before and injury occurs. 2: The awning makes a groaning sound when extending or retracting and the arms stick when opening eventually opening with a bang. The arms sticking makes me think something was not aligned properly when the awning was installed. This should operate smoothly. Not sure what the groaning is but it is very annoying and again this should operate smoothly. 3: The stove top shattered after using it ! thank goodness no one was hurt but food was ruined. My daughter heated up some beans. Turned off the stove was going to serve the beans and BANG, the rear lid shattered- see pics below... Inline image Inline image Note how the hinge is in the raised position for the rear cover. These pictures were taken just after it happened before we cleaned up the shards. Maybe there was a problem in the tempering process or installation but that shouldn't have happened. 4: The furnace whines and ticks when operating. The whine seams like a bearing is not aligned correctly or is about to fail. I have no idea what the ticking is but it is VERY loud when you are trying to sleep. All the other campers at the campground had quiet soft rumbling furnaces. Our sounded like a jet was going to take off. I attached a recording for you below. 5:Hot Water heater latch broke. Only used the latch two times! We had our other camper 10 years and there was never a problem. The cotter pin was a quick fix. Inline image Inline image 6: The outside stove scrapes the side of the camper when opening. It seems like it wasn't installed with enough clearance. This will be a huge mess if not corrected. Inline image 7: This is probably a design issue but when the furnace is running the outside fridge exterior gets awfully warm and it doesn't seem like the fridge can keep it's interior cold. It had trouble keeping the inside temp at 50 degrees while the furnace was running. Shouldn't there be some kind of insulation between the outside fridge and the heat inside the camper ? Food won't keep long at 50 degrees which could cause sickness from eating spoiled food. I am sending a copy of this to Tom Clifton at FOREST RIVER. Maybe they would like to know what problems the public is running into when purchasing their product. We had a JAYCO before this FOREST RIVER and we have had WAY more problems in two trips than we ever had in the 10 years of camping with the JAYCO. I was not expecting to have this many problems so soon in ownership. PLEASE READ AND TAKE NOTE-THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THIS CAMPER IS THE FLOOR PLAN-VERY POOR CRAFTMANSHIP
- Bryan Sertl, New York

2021-03-22 2017 Forest River Vibe 323QBS View Listings

Good trailer. Very functional and room for the whole family. Some of the parts seem to be a little on the cheap side, but for the price of the RV, they are OK. I would recommend this trailer to anyone with a large family or people who like to have room to spread out
- Jeremy, Arkansas

2021-02-13 2020 Forest River Vibe 18RB View Listings

We purchased used, but it seemed the previous owner only used once and did very little in it. We left on January 3rd and it is now February 12. Here are the facts: - Pulls fine with Toyota 4Runner and stabilizer bars. - comes with nice upgraded dump valves - Black tank rinse connection makes it very easy to keep black tank clean, but location directly above shore power connection needs to be moved. - rear bumper would work for sewer hose if you don’t put a bike rack on it. We did, and the bike rack pinched the bumper just a hair and the hose would not come out until the rack was removed. - lights inside and out are great - heater keeps the place perfectly - a/c works great, a little loud, but you shortly get use to it. - Murphy bed is a wonderful space saving idea. Mattress is subpar, but I’m picky on that sort of thing. I plan to replace with a purple. - Refrigerator/freezer is large and works well. - Ourdoor storage is adequate, could always use more. - Battery doesn’t provide enough power to boondock one night, I added a second battery and now no issues. - Stairs are a great upgrade - Awning works well, just don’t leave up when it’s windy or when you leave or turn in. - Oven/stove wells fine. Oven is sometime hard to light, but it does and no issues. - Large shower is nice - Toilet is adequate- no issues, just use lots of water. - Curtains block most heat and most light. - The entrance door could use a shade for late risers Over all very pleased with this little unit. It is doing everything we need and we are really happy with our purchase.
- Mike Leatherwood, Virginia

2020-12-01 2021 Forest River Vibe 26BH View Listings

After getting the rv home was showing it to friends and family. A friend pointed out where a hole in the outside wall had been patched. There is a leak in the plumbing. It is missing braces that stabilize some if the lower trim panels. I found where some wood has been patched inside and painted over. May be just the place I bought it but I'm very unhappy and giving my 2 cents everywhere I can.
- Chris Sparks, Texas

2020-09-23 2019 Forest River Vibe 25RK View Listings

Purchased a new Vibe in Aug, 2019. refrigerator quit working first outing. Took 5 trips to dealer to get it fixed. This year the first outing the TV falls of the wall, the black water tank flush system doesn't work, interior doors don't open and close properly, and the fresh water tank mounting brackets broke. The dealer has had the unit for 2 months with no completion in sight. Another summer without the use of my camper. When I contact the dealer [Pete's RV] its always that the parts haven't come in. Contacting Forest River is no help either.
- Garry Finchum, Indiana

2020-09-20 2016 Forest River Vibe 279RBS View Listings

Bought at Portland RV show, was our first and will absolutely be our last. We loved the looks, floor plan for TWO, being supposedly 1/2 ton towable. The one we eventually got was the 3rd one off the local assembly line, and we had to wait for a while to get it. Ever hear the advice to never buy (any vehicle) in its first year of production?? Lordy, if only we had! First issue was picking it up at the dealership, Curtis Trailers. Turned into 4 hour ordeal. First, it was not actually ready to go, several items needed attention, two drawers had failed latches, the shower doors didn't line up, likely had been transported unlatched?, there was an electrical issue, and more. When the paperwork was done, so was the customer service. Finally we were given the "you are good to go, the Anderson Hitch (fantastic Hitch!) install and repairs/touch ups are done." So out to the truck we go, sales guy opens wife's door, and says best exit is down the lane and to the right and departs. As we buckle up and I'm checking the mirrors, I decided to do a quick walk around. So glad I did. The steps were not completely folded, and omg, the power cable had been disconnected from their end, but was still plugged into the trailer!! I was nearly "that guy"! The exit instructions were awful, we ended up on a narrow single lane street by a park with cars parked on both sides, my first time pulling the trailer. OK, the dealership sucked, but hey we had a really cool trailer, right? Wrong. Right out of the bag, the front stabilizer failed to operate, in the down position, the dealership had no clue where that fuse was, and where it is is insane. I finally find it, replace it, first trip out, it blew again. Back to dealer, I had to tell them where it was. They said they found nothing wrong with the wiring. But amazingly the problem stopped. After preparing for the next trip out, while closing the kitchen slide, the front bottom aluminum trim/guide piece failed pushing through the slide seal. Back to dealer. So far 120 miles of outings, 120 miles to and from dealer. The part had to be ordered, "not really important, head on out, well let you know when it's in", they never did. Called them after a couple months, "still not available, don't worry about it, we can't see why it was there anyway." 4 years later, still not there, guess they where right about one thing. I fixed the seal and wrote them off. Next, one of the sales pitches was it was pre-wired for solar, and had this decal on the wall where to cut to install your solar charge controller. So after installing three 100w solar panels on the roof, I proceeded with the charge controller install. Carefully cutting the wall paneling exactly where indicated, I find the bathroom plumbing air vent riser perfectly centered in the opening. Enter appropriate swearing here. But all this was only the beginning. We are not big time RV'ers, in the four years mostly due to personal issues, combined with the trailer's, we have only made 8 outings, mostly two or 3 days, couple hundred miles. Only two real trips over 500 miles. Point is, it has barely been used, and used carefully and appropriately. So the fact that we have had 34 issues, yes I have been counting, is insane, and the compilation ending to date with failed welds holding up the fresh water tank!! I found the framework holding up the tank totally inadequate, even without the faulty welds. Other issues of note have been: failed rear stabilizer switch, 120v outlet falling out of wall while energized, headliner pealing, fresh water inlet coupling won't turn, both grey and black water outlet latching coggs have failed, fresh water tank actually only holds 20 gallons (I measured), not 33, plus fresh water tank overflow tube somehow drains half of that if you travel any distance at all, not fun to arrive at a remote dry camp site with maybe 10 gallons. The very cheap, paper thin plastic bath sink failed when I had to replace the failed faucet, the 12v interior lighting was not LED as was indicated to us, the bed mattress was seriously awful and too short for stated size, two interior roof cents have fallen out and NO WE HAVE NOT TRAVELED CARELESSLY down rough roads, the darn thing barely has 2000 mostly freeway or good two lane miles on it! For the longest time I couldn't figure out how all the stink bugs were getting in, well the Coroplast underbelly covering had separated from the frame in many places, allowing insect and potentially rodent access. When you see those used trailer ads stating that it is "better than new", they likely are not lying. My ad won't be.
- Lawrence, Oregon

2020-09-19 2020 Forest River Vibe 28RL View Listings

Have had this trailer a year now, and camped 9 times. We really love the floor plan, very open living space in the rear. Ours has the table and 4 chairs, not a booth. Super kitchen, and the fridge/freezer is huge for this size trailer. I like the 12 volt fridge too, gets cold so quick! We haven't missed not having the propane option for the fridge. I can't complain about the quality for the price, paid around 26k. For a 34' trailer with 2 slides and a super floor plan, we feel we got a great deal. Took it on some decent road trips (11 hours, 6.5 hours twice) and it tows really easy. I'm pulling it with a Silverado 1500 too, not a 2500. (my max capacity is 9600 lbs) I've read a few reviews on Vibe's and not many good ones. Everything on ours is solid...nothing falling off or apart, drawers all work well, electronics all function as they should, slides and awnings do what they're supposed to, really NO problems in our first year. We're looking forward to many more with this trailer, and would recommend this model to anyone looking for a good size, fairly light weight, comfortable travel trailer. (Haven't had to use any Factory Warranty or Support, but they made me rate it anyway...so I went with a 4 star)
- Chuck, Pennsylvania

2020-09-19 2018 Forest River Vibe 268RKS View Listings

DO NOT BUY A FOREST RIVER PRODUCT! They do not stand behind their product. Our trailer has been falling apart since day one. The slide keeps spitting out parts. A bolt just fell out, and it quit working (Stuck out). The fan cover fell apart (with a max-air covering it). And many more things just loosening, falling off, and Rust, all over the place. And we just discovered that the rubber roof is splitting, and they refuse to help us. We take very good care of this trailer. It is always covered when not in use. Please do not buy their products. They are built so cheap!!!! They do not care about their customers! Our trailer is not quite 2 years old and it is literally falling apart.
- Jim, Nevada

2020-07-31 2018 Forest River Vibe 307BHS View Listings

I bought the vibe new from the dealership. When I first used the unit, it had water leaks, I called the dealership and they basically told me it was my problem. It wasn't my problem when they taken my $27,000. I've carried it to be worked on 5 time's. The a.c. constantly drips water on the floor, they couldn't find anything wrong with it even after showing them a video of what it was doing. The floor seems soft in places,the technician said that I need a new floor but the dealership said that it was fine.They had to replace a peice of paneling and it's a different color than the rest of the camper. It took 6 weeks just to mix match colors. The toilet leaks around the bottom of it and the dealership found no problem. When emptying the tanks the smell inside is terrible. This is just some of the problems I've had. I spent over $27,000 on the trailer I think we should all get together and file a suit against Forest River. I am going to look into it because I feel like I got nothing for my money.
- Danny wallace, Louisiana

2020-07-24 2017 Forest River Vibe 315BHK View Listings

Worst trailer I ever got. Had a Road Runner with no issues, Trail sport with no issues and this Vibe that has water infiltration in the back, sides, front. I do my caulking twice a summer. I’ve had so many issues that there’s not enough characters to write. Stay away. Btw, the dealer is not any better. Gives you appointments and is always too busy. Never again for me.
- Stephan Sareault , Quebec

2020-06-25 2016 Forest River Vibe 268RKS View Listings

We love our Vibe. Our first RV. It tows great never had 9a breakdown or flat tire. Great floor plan Forest River has been great. They went out of their way to make us happy. Easy to take care of. The trailer has held up for 4 years and many miles
- Bill Griffths , Michigan

2020-05-28 2020 Forest River Vibe 21BH View Listings

I loved the floor plan and thats why I bought it. It maximizes the usable space very well. The Build Quality and materials are absolute crap. I owned a Jayco Class C and sold it to buy this and its a night and day quality comparison. Unless you want to do extra work because you love the layout don't buy a Forest River. I've had it 3 weeks and already had to rebuild the seat for the table (cheap wood with screws pulling out), The back support for the table just pulled out the screws today (I am not a large person)..... which is why I'm writing this review. I get to rebuild that next..... Neither the inside speakers or most of the cupboard doors were not installed straight. I wish I would have taken the time to notice these details before I bought it. Every screw I've seen on this thing is not straight and looks like they built it on some kind of reality Trailer speed build show. Its super disappointing to spend 20k+ on a new trailer and have to spend my time rebuilding it. Not sure whats going on at that factory, but they should be ashamed.
- s.klein, Washington

2020-05-25 2019 Forest River Vibe 32BH View Listings

I bought my 2019 32bh vibe exactly one year ago. Today is may 25th amd its been in for repair since the beginning of February. Almost 4 months, and it has been in for months earlier. Probably had it 6 or 7 month in the year that I owned it. First trip the wood over the top of the super slide split down the middle. It took a year to get fixed. My awning fell off while driving down the road. The lag bolt pulled right out and when the walls were pulled off for repair it was discovered that backing plates weren't put in the walls. Now I have a big metal plate with bolts and nuts on the inside of my camper. The edges on the side of my roof weren't properly nailed down and pop up along the length of my camper on both sides not allowing proper drainage. The paint on the rock guard came off in spots and it looks like trash now. Now my awning motor doesn't work. The craftsmanship is trash, no quality. Do yourself a favor and find a better manufacturer.
- James stubbs, Florida

2020-05-07 2018 Forest River Vibe 268RKS View Listings

We purchased this rv brand new. And it has just been a piece of crap. All of the cheap vinyl they covered the cabinets in is peeling off. I called and they said not covered by warranty. And as soon as we bought the rv they started treating us like crap. Would not buy another Forest River RV ever!!!
- Steven Kuzuf Sr, Texas

2020-03-31 2017 Forest River Vibe 268RKS View Listings

Bought the trailer new in 2017. The upholstery on the recliners has completely deteriorated...the dinette is beginning to deteriorate as well. The surface of the walls are wrinkling and coming off. The counter around the sink is blowing up and coming apart. Two tires exploded and damaged undercarriage. Already had to replace air conditioning unit. The camper looks nice and has a nice floor plan but is a real piece of crap as to quality of materials and craftsmanship. Can't get rid of it fast enough. new in 2017. Furni
- Gerald Smith, Florida

2020-01-19 2016 Forest River Vibe 221RBS View Listings

We had good experience overall with our 2016 Vibe 221RBS having only 1 warranty repair for cable under slide out .... quality is good and like the high end appliances as well. This is a good camper for a couple and it tows nice.
- Shawn Wood, North Carolina

2019-12-03 2017 Forest River Vibe 308BHS View Listings

First off all campers must be treated like a wet paper bag. You need to be handy to fix all the small issues, take every precaution possible to keep them clean before storing. Not sure how much money needs to be spent on a camper for it not to have problems.
- Jason, Ohio

2019-11-01 2016 Forest River Vibe 311RLS View Listings

This has been a great camper. We are looking to upgrade to something a little larger. This camper has been v ery well taken care of and is well built. It has a large stainless steel refrigerator that also has a converter so that it can run off the battery also. It has the electric stabilizer jacks.
- Jerry Sasnett II, Alabama