Forest River Surveyor RVs Reviews (27)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Surveyor RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Charles wingfield from Virginia says:

Have you owned any Forest River Surveyor RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Forest River Surveyor 240RBS View Listings

Bought this trailer in May 2015. Love the large bathroom interior layout and the outdoor kitchen.. This is the best towing camper I have ever owned. Now with that being said we get to the quality or lack of it issure. I could write two pages on the problems i have had with this trailer. I did all the repairs myself. just to name a few problems: water leak bedroom window, slide and stove vent. Shower drain leaking, out side tv mount not screwed in the frame ,pulled right off, water pump hose leaking, outside kitchen door one side was inch and half lower than the other didn't look too good when it was open, had to push the awning out to get it started to unroll , lots of screws missing inside and out, misaligned trim everywhere inside, bathroom door hanging on the striker plate when opening and closing, screen door had a crack between the front edge and the jam big enough to let bugs and wherever in. This is not all the problems I have had but some of them. I should have caught some of these problems before leaving the lot however I have never had any problems with past campers I have had , guess I let my guard down . Bought this at dealer in Ashland Va I don't think they checked much of anything before I picked it up .
- Charles wingfield, Virginia

2019-10-31 2017 Forest River Surveyor 33KRETS View Listings

The triple slide Surveyor 33KRETS by Forest River features a rear entertainment center. You will love all of the space in the rear of this model! As you enter the trailer, straight in front of you is the bathroom. Inside the bathroom you will find a linen cabinet which is great for storing towels or toiletries, a radius shower, sink, medicine cabinet, and toilet. There is a private entrance door from the bathroom into the bedroom. Inside the bedroom you will find a slide with a king bed with storage below. Across from the bed there is a vanity and along the front wall of the room you will love all of the storage that the wardrobe offers. Proceeding toward the rear of the trailer, you will find a slide with a free-standing dinette and two lounge chairs. Along the opposite side of the trailer there is a slide with a sofa, pantry, refrigerator, and three burner range. The double kitchen sink is located on the l-shaped counter, and you are sure to enjoy all of the extra counter space. Along the rear wall of the trailer there is a large entertainment center, and so much more!
- Fred Townsend, Alabama

2019-10-16 2016 Forest River Surveyor 265RLDS View Listings

I have had this trailer 3 years and have towed it over 7000 miles. Overall we have been very happy with this trailer and have not had any problems, just routine maintenance items. We did have one warranty claim a week after purchase, we noticed a cut in the fabric on the bottom side of one of the rockers. Looked like a knife cut probably happened while un-boxing at the factory. Our dealership contacted Forest River and a new rocker was received within 2 weeks. Again we have nothing but positive feedback to give on this trailer.
- Jake Downey, Tennessee

2019-09-08 2016 Forest River Surveyor 221ST View Listings

We purchased after an absolutely disastrous experience with Aerolite. After camping with the 221ST for the last 3 seasons, my only issue is the size of the shower (I have found a workaround - hence the 4/5 rating). Easy to tow, capacity for cargo is incredible. This has been a dream to camp with (and without) our “late-teen” kids. I wished it was our first RV ! I would recommend this make/model and year to anyone. Happy Camping!
- Scott, Ontario

2019-08-02 2014 Forest River Surveyor 296BHDS View Listings

Good RV. Tows good, camps good, however after 5yrs of ownership I have had to fix more things on it than should have. From the start the door leaked and slide out and I've spent more time redoing the rotted flooring and fixing the walls than camping. The root problem was the chalking job!. Double check your brand new RV from Forest River to save yourself a headache later on down the road. Don't assume anyone to do there job properly. I should be going after Forest River for there lemon of a trailer. However love the layout and look. But I will not be purchasing another one of there products.
- Bob, Michigan

2019-06-16 2012 Forest River Surveyor 303 View Listings

I would never recommend buying a forest river surveyor Camper the floor of the slides leak have to replace at a cost of 5000.00 there were screws missing in the trim of the slides the doors of the cabinets don't line up the outside light stopped working the door of the outside kitchen don't line up so there for it takes two people to close it and that's just some of it.
- Jody, Minnesota

2019-04-05 2017 Forest River Surveyor 220RBS View Listings

Wow, looked so good on paper! Terrible quality and workmanship, everything is failing apart and it's only 6mos old. Arctic package means next to nothing, single pane windows and next to no insulation, only the heated holding tanks help. Never buy one of these!
- Chris Oliver, British Columbia

2019-01-26 2017 Forest River Surveyor 266RLDS View Listings

We have had our Surveyor for about 2 years now. We love this unit. It fits our needs and has been a good unit. There have been the normal amount of issues with trim coming loose but the dealer fixed everything right away and under warranty. The furnace was making a sound like a jack hammer when we first used it. The squirrel cage in the furnace was out of balance, our dealer fixed it under warranty. If you are buying one of these, I strongly recommend the 2nd air unit. We had the dealer install it and we are glad we did. The main unit will not keep the bedroom cool on hot days. Overall we are very happy with this purchase.
- Tim R., Georgia

2018-08-01 2015 Forest River Surveyor 251RKS View Listings

Don’t buy one Forrest River claims customer service is #1 but that is just a marketing line of BS. This trailer looks nice but was manufactured at a plant with poor quality control. We purchased late in the season so it was parked all winter in a covered a area. When we took the plastic off the mattress there was black mild ingrained into the wood under the matress we were told it was our fault as we must have left the vent open. The dealer just shrugged their shoulders when we said the vents where never opened and it was covered all winter. Our first trip in the summer we traveled on a dirt road for 25 killometers when we arrived the interior of the trailer was filled with dust not jus a little it was layered. Had to drive back down the same road so when we got home had to clean the interior again. It took the dealer two attempts to finally fix the issue. The shower was so poorly caulked and sealed it needed to be completely redone. Three exterior trim screws where over tightened and broken and instead of fixing them the heads where basically glued in place to hide the issue. This year we when to convert the table bed as we had our grandkids camping for the weekend and table was too small for the space and could not be used?? I had to build a frame so we could use it. Forrest River never returned any of my calls so I just gave up. Can’t wait to dump this trailer onto someone else
- Mike Hall, Alberta

2018-06-12 2016 Forest River Surveyor 33RETS View Listings

This camper is a beautiful camper what I liked about it was the four big windows on the side of the slide the fireplace and the TV set up easy to pull two . It has chrome wheels on it the only thing different they could’ve did With it They could of timid the roof vent in the kitchen
- Gary Willman, South Dakota

2018-02-09 2014 Forest River Surveyor SC226 View Listings

The Cadet is a great model of the Surveyor family. The two bumpouts make it double wide and rounded ceiling give it extra height. The center island is a nice work station that keeps you connected to others in the space when you are cooking up a meal.The bathroom is spacious. Towing is a breeze with our Ram 1500.
- Cindy Fonger, Massachusetts

2017-11-13 2018 Forest River Surveyor 264RKS View Listings

TERRIBLE MANUFACTURING and no quality control. Handle pools crooked, table bench chair broke at pick-up, just so much that is cheaply done... and I thought I was upgrading. Camped in 20 degree weather.... supposed to have heated floors... NOT. COLD floors and only cold air blowing from vents farthest from heater. I'm stuck with this trailer but I would get rid if it in a heart beat. Not much good calling Forest River... last product of theirs I will buy....
- Greg, Maryland

2017-10-07 2017 Forest River Surveyor 201RBS View Listings

I researched several Months for the best constructed RV for the money and chose the 201RBS. The floor plan is perfect for a couple and has an attractive interior. This trailer pulls very well with a half ton pick up with out a stabilizer or sway bar. This is one of the few trailers with aluminum trusses on 16 inch centers and a PVC top Cabinets are above average in quality. The small slide out utilized the swhintec system and has been flawless. We have had minor issues involving the stereo sound bar and the shower pan is a little soft for a 275 pound person. Dealer support has been the only area that needs improvement.
- Dan, Oklahoma

2017-09-13 2017 Forest River Surveyor 201RBS View Listings

I've owned the camper for 2 months and have 1 - 20 day trip behind me. This is my 6th camper. So far, service from the dealer has been good. Issues to date include: carbon monoxide sensor failed, kitchen faucet failed, the shower wall was not straight causing the shower enclosure to not seal properly. I view these as a supplier issue except for the shower wall. Otherwise, the camper is fine and works well for the 2 of us. My only remaining concern relates to the time required to charge the battery. As we do a lot of camping without electric available, it seems like the battery charges slowly. This may be a function of the on-board power converter. I use a generator 1 hour in the am and 1 hour in the pm when electric is not available. After the 3rd day, the battery is very low before each charge. I tow the camper with a 2007 4Runner with the V8 engine (no longer available) using a weight equalizing hitch. The camper tows well and the 4Runner is not stressed. Overall quality of the camper is good - the cabinetry is superior to any of my prior campers but there are several manufacturers with similar cabinets today. We like the floor plan, storage capacity, appliances and ease of set-up when arriving at a campsite. I'm not sure how I like the electric awning as yet. The spring-loaded one I had on my prior camper seemed to be more substantial and wind resistant.
- Eddy, Virginia

2017-07-08 2015 Forest River Surveyor 264RKS View Listings

Bought this trailer to replace our 24 year old Fleetwood trailer.First time we used it came back slid out slide and corner of frame caught floor and ripped big chunk, shower frame came loose from pan and seals torn because door was crooked. Went to service and found that the front cap had lots of cracks around clearance lights, paint clear coat gone an paint faded, inside ceiling came apart at joints,molding came loose on walls, door in bedroom fell off,large trim on slide came loose (2'), trim that covers screws on outside was junk cracked up,this was all within first year, contacted dealer and Forest River for repair took some time we got cap fixed & painted,inside problems were hit & miss dealer fixed some manufacture said that it was owners responsibility for everything else.This unit gets serviced an waxed twice a year paint shouldn't fail! Here it is year two and the cracks are back on front cap at lights contacted Forest River again said I would have to take back to repair shop that did the original repair to evaluate the problem, I requested that the front cap be replaced can't wait to see what the shop has to say also the rear of trailer paint has failed looks like crap has dark an light spots looks like a 30 year old trailer I'm also requesting that this be addressed & repainted. Was told when we purchased unit that the rifer would work above 6000 ft it seems to have its problems keeps things cold but goes of when in auto mode called dometic they said it wasn't made to work at higher altitudes above 5000'! This trailer has been down more than used,an a big pain in the butt, compared to our 1991 Fleetwood Wilderness there is no comparison old trailer was built to last this oneI dout it will make it to 10 years old! We think this is going to be a yearly problem!If we could do all over, We would have kept the 1991 Wilderness! No comparison!
- Chuck P, California

2017-06-24 2015 Forest River Surveyor 265RLDS View Listings

Extremely POOR quality. Poorest and cheapest components available.Never again Forest River! Microwave fell out,light fell out of ceiling,awning lights quit workinf,shower door gasket tore off,trim strips falling off, outside door sticks, underside flooring fell off in places, etc. etc. All within 1 yr!
- David Douglass, Pennsylvania

2017-06-06 2014 Forest River Surveyor 191T View Listings

Probably the worst decision I could have made in buying a camper is to get this hybrid. We have had numerous problems with the workmanship and quality. Bad trim, faulty appliances, leaking canvas and poor service from the dealer. This has kind of turned me off camping as I am no longer under warranty and now I have another tear in the canvas. $900 to fix it and it's on a bed we haven't even used yet. This is the 4th time we have had a hole in the canvas and the second time the only fix is to replace the whole thing. I would never buy one of their units again.
- Andrew Reid, Wisconsin

2017-05-26 2014 Forest River Surveyor SVF278RLDS View Listings

I lost $20,000.00 because of this company & the dealership. They dont back up their products. Only hauled it 4 times. First two times it flooded. Brand new & its ruined. The electrical brakes didnt just go out it fried, totally melted to rhe toung. Thank god I was in a campground when it happened. We could have been killed. So it cost me 5g a trip. I would never recommend this company....ever! And i don't know the modle number.
- Peggy Petit, Michigan

2017-05-20 2013 Forest River Surveyor 220BR View Listings

I like the many luxury packages. The tv swings from the Livingroom into the bedroom. The SLIDEOUT also increases the Livingroom space. Lots of storage especially for a 22' trailer. Large front storage and under queen bed storage is nice too. I have a weight distribution hitch, but the trailer is so well balanced I don't use it unless I really load up the back of my Toyota Tundra box. I highly recommend this Surveyor Travel Trailer. Oh ya, this trailer is pet and smoke free and used only 3 times so it is just like new.
- Keith Dibb, Minnesota

2017-05-07 2017 Forest River Surveyor 265RLDS View Listings

Wow is all I can say. Have had this trailer ONE week. Am just packing things into it and everything we touch BREAKS! Absolutely piece of crap! Sat in a chair, it snapped and broke, the drawer under the dinette is broken and will not open, the front panel of that drawer pulled right off in my hands. Used the furnace for about 2 hours while packing things into it and cleaning, furnace now not working, I believe a blown fuse. REALLY??? This redefines cheap and piece of crap... I can't wait to see what breaks when I actually try to USE this trailer.... Waiting on selling dealership to call me back. I took this home 5 days ago...
- Bridgett , California

2017-04-03 2017 Forest River Surveyor 191T View Listings

Piece of crap. Every time we use it something else is wrong with it. Shower flooded underneath then slide out leaks. Faucets drips. Brand new piece of crap. Worst 26 thousand I ever spent. Wish they'd take it back.
- Sandra Miller , Georgia

2017-04-03 2017 Forest River Surveyor 191T View Listings

- Sandra Miller , Georgia

2017-03-28 2016 Forest River Surveyor 200MB View Listings

We bought a brand new Forest River in 2016. We have had nothing but trouble since the first time we took it out. We got to our campsite and the slide out didn't work. We called their service department and there wasn't anything they could do. The slide out hasn't worked since our first trip. Our RV is subpar. The technicians who built it didn't drill a hole so we could manually open the slide out and they didn't give us a crank anyways. The customer service at this company is terrible. They have acted like we are bothering them because we would like it fixed. Supposedly, when it was built the technicians accidently cut the wires to the slide out. They fixed that but it still doesn't work. This is the 3rd time our trailer has been in for the same problem. I would stay away from Forest River!!
- Terri , Oregon

2017-03-02 2011 Forest River Surveyor 291 View Listings

Love This RV! Light weight, towable with my 1/2 ton pick up. Family of four and our Lhasa Apso found it very roomy. I have owned other brands but they do not compare to Forest River! The construction and reputation is what attracted me to the Surveyor. Luxury outdoor living. I was impressed with the amount of space it had with a half slide. There is plenty of room for extra guests. I have taken it all over New York and it is easy to tow. I found I do not have to spend a fortune on gas. The outdoor shower is great for washing off muddy feet. So much storage! The toy door makes things like the grill and outdoor toys very accessible. I would not own anything but a Forest River!
- Timothy Porter, New York

2016-09-13 2016 Forest River Surveyor 285IKDS View Listings

Bought new in August and have camped three weekends in a row. Really enjoy the large bathroom and shower. Bought this unit for the outdoor kitchen. Is a great unit for empty nesters or couples without children. Can covert couch and dinette into beds but neither appear to be a comfortable sleep. Camper pulls great with 1/2 ton diesel RAM.
- Wade V., Nebraska