Forest River Surveyor Luxury

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Surveyor Luxury RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Tammy Saltiel from Oklahoma says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 Forest River Surveyor Luxury 33KRLOK View Listings

We just bought this unit & haven’t even taken it out yet. at this point, we are thinking...what have we done? We have had nothing but problems so far. making the bed the first time the mattress ripped apart, the bedroom window leaked & ruined the dresser & some of the trim The coax cable inside won’t work. Water heater door fell off bringing it home, lots of trim coming off There was a rip in the wallpaper. it seems to be poor quality & we have not had good support from the dealership we purchased from, which was RV Connection in Lawton Oklahoma. Lord, help us!!!!
- Tammy Saltiel, Oklahoma

2021-09-22 2019 Forest River Surveyor Luxury 250FKS View Listings

I love the large front kitchen with 8 ft of counter space, the large single sink and large viewing front window. I love the lights inside the overhead cabinets. The first time I used the sink water was everywhere because the plumbing wasn't clamped properly. The refrigerator and oven are smaller than the Jaco I had before this and workmanship on the Jaco was much better. Kitchen Outlets are located under the overhead cabinets. I have to run extention cords to plug in coffee pot etc. Next to the kitchen is the living room with a slide out. No problems. It has an L shaped sofa with a foldable table designed for indoor/outdoor use. Sofa is uncomfortable and the table is more in the way than useful. It is difficult to move because it's very heavy. The TV on The opposite wall is smaller than it should be and the wall its on is inset. The TV fell off the mount during travel and was extremely difficult to hang back up. You can't see behind it or get a hand in the back to feel if its hooked on. The controls for the tv and music are above the TV. I have to stand on a stool to see it. Very poor mounting design. The bathroom is spacious because it runs across the camper but it has no storage for towels. No towel rack or tp holder. Faucet is very ugly cheap white plastic. There is a light switch in the bathroom, but switches for the water pump and heater are in the same location. Poor location. The bed is in the rear. No slide out so its tight. Minimal storage. There are 3 nice windows and a 2nd door so not claustrophobic at all. Only issue is you have to go through the bath to get to the rest of the camper or go outside and in the other door. All in all we like it but have to upgrade because of mechanics. The air conditionerlocated in the livingroom area is so loud you have to yell to be heard over it and no air gets to the bedroom. The fan in the bathroom is also extremely loud and I have to stand on a stool to reach the on/off switch. The fuse box is at floor level, next to the bed. There's 12" of space to work in, at floor level. The cover is on crooked and we have to use tweezers to change fuses because we can't get our fingers in there. The slide fuse blows every other camp trip. The only access to the water heater, for winterizing is under the bed, tucked up in the corner. Water lines are an absurd mess. Access to the tanks for filling and emptying is 2 ft. back ft under under the camper instead of out to the edge like the Jaco. The outdoor kitchen is useless. The lines for the sink and gas for the grill are too short and pull apart when the kitchen is extended. The workmanship made by the assemblers trying to get it to hold is disgusting. So while the layout is mostly pleasing, for a couple at retirement age, difficulty with mechanics make it no good. I have ordered the next model which looks as if everything is easier to get to. I know the workmanship is going to be even worse. We are planning to go through it inch by inch and properly seal and attach everything. The place we are buying it is a family business with a good reputation and I know we can count on Ballards of WNY to help us out. If I could get the layout of this new camper made by anyone other than Forest River, I'd be buying from another manufamanufacturer. Forest River's workmanship and quality is very poor.
- Colleen Thurman, New York

2021-05-17 2019 Forest River Surveyor Luxury 271RLS View Listings

The quality is not great. We have learned that no rv is great. The manufactures push these things through very fast. My biggest complaint is the tires. Forest river Puts on the cheapest made tire they can buy. I think they put them home so they will last long enough to get off the lot. My camper is less than one and a half years old I have had two blowouts from the tires separating.. My friend has a camper that is a Forest river chaparral , And it also came with the cheapest tire that you can get. At the tire stores the dealers told us these tires are no good. So now I get to go buy a nicer set of tires. Some of the interior trim has pulled loose. Is too much of a hassle to take it back to the dealer, to get it approved first and then wait for them to fix Something simple. Most of the time I just fix it myself. From now on when I buy a new camper, that will be negotiated into the deal to get a decent set of tires first!
- Lehman Barfield, North Carolina

2021-02-13 2020 Forest River Surveyor Luxury 272FLS View Listings

This r.v. has a great floor plan. Other than that it has been nothing but trouble since I picked it up. Poor quality, bad workmanship, two separate leaks and the bed has fallen apart. Plus a plethora of other problems, all of this in four months of use. It is just me in my r.v. and I am very gentle on my r.v. as i know how they are constructed. This trailer was constructed by people who didn't have any care for quality at all.I will Never buy Forrest river again.
- Grant, Oregon

2020-09-27 2019 Forest River Surveyor Luxury 266RLDS View Listings

Excellent RV. Very livable and well designed living space. Great roof design and lots of head room for the tall guys in the family. Don’t hesitate to choose this one. A great buy for a couple or a family of 4.
- Alicia Catlett, Tennessee

2020-04-03 2019 Forest River Surveyor Luxury 33KRETS View Listings

I purchased the trailer new and noticed a leaky window a day after, no big deal. A tech came over and tightened the window and added silicon. 3 days later I noticed a discoloration on the opposite wall at head of bed and contacted the dealership. 2 months later they decided to look into the matter. By then the bedroom was riddled with mold, mildew and water damage. They had to rebuild the closet, the bed, the wall, the storage compartment. I even contacted Forest River to see if they could step in earlier before it got so severe and that was worse. They thought the dealership was handling it rather well (because I wasn't the one paying Forest River, the dealership was, and I payed the dealership). The manufacturer doesn't care about the consumer, they just want RV dealers to buy their junk. It looked really good when I got it but after a year I've noticed the poor craftsmanship and cheap products. Freeze in the winter sweat in the summer. Refrigerator leaks water, hot water doesn't last long at all, cabinet handles crooked, kitchen sink is glued in from underneath!!! No clips hold the sink in place. I'm glad I caught it when I noticed a corner separating. Forest River, you need quality control, it would take a lot to get me to purchase another product from you. I wouldn't recommend this travel trailer to anyone.
- Michael, Florida

2019-09-10 2019 Forest River Surveyor Luxury 250FKS View Listings

Have only owned it for a short time, but It pulls easy with my Ram 1500. It is wonderful as a couples coach. Our dealer (Starr's Camper Sales in Brockway Pa) are the best. Quality is nice...originally we wanted a Rockwood ...this unit was just as nice.
- Dr. Earl Shawley, Pennsylvania

2019-08-25 2019 Forest River Surveyor Luxury 251RKS View Listings

Bought new 12/18. Five months old and the wall in the bathroom is bowed out an inch. Outside walls of unit, both sides of trailer is a mess! Bowed and wrinkles top to bottom. This is Not water damage! Doesnt rain much in the desert. Door header in bedroom falling off along with the heavy door. Front window screen in bedroom fell off. Both access doors dead bolt wont lock anymore. This trailer is a total piece of Junk! RUN away from Forest River! I will never buy another. Waiting to see how warranty treats me.
- Unhappy, California