Forest River Sunseeker

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Sunseeker RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Marcia Fleming from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 Forest River Sunseeker 2860DS View Listings

To whom it may concern, I’m not sure if anyone will read this email or do anything about it but I will give it a go. My name is Marcia Fleming, I live in Denton Texas. Due to my husbands health he promised me a year of making memories so we sold our property and bought a 2019 Class C Sunseeker out of Grand Rapids Michigan. We took possession of it in May. As soon as we took possession we found numerous problems with it and contacted the dealer Motorhomes2Go. At first we couldn’t find any dealers in our area that would work on it but finally after contacting Bobby Adkins at Forest River we were directed to National Indoor RV Center in Lewisville , Texas. David Stuntz is our advisor there. I have emails and texts going thru that time until now documenting over 32 issues with “Lemon”. The issues included such things as tears in the upolstery, a table the broke away from the wall, a warped entry door, warped bathroom door, a warped bedroom window and auto levelers that did not work and an air conditioning unit that leaked like a sieve because the filter used in the air conditioners were not right for this unit and because of that we were told to either remove the filter or take it out and clean it often. Apparently a new design was in the works and when it was ready they would send the new filters (still not done). The final stray in this saga is the faulty construction of the automatic levelers. While in New Mexico we kept hearing a noise from underneath the coach. My brother got under it and found that the fluid lines going to the jacks was installed in a way that had them laying on the exhaust. You could see the bubbling from the heat on the lines. We cut our trip to Pismo Beach California short in order to get the coach back to National. I took the coach into National. When National went to look at this issue ... while the coach was running the fuel lines burst! As the unit had not yet heated up there was no fire but according to them and several other coach dealers if we had driven to California from New Mexico a fire would most certainly happened. There are to many to mention in this email but I would love to talk to someone about this as Forest River is not willing to do anything about a buy back or cover the loss that I will have to take when replacing it. National was having a lot of problems getting Forest River to authorize repairs on this coach until this final issue and the conversations that I was having with them along with David Stuntz. Apparently almost everything has been completed now. That’s all well and good but since we came back to Texas within a couple weeks my husband passed away due to a pulmonary embolism that resulted from fracture of the Tibia and Fibula. I know you will say that could have happened anywhere but it happened in Texas instead of in Pismo Beach, which was his dream place. He should have been able to make memories with me there. If this coach hadn’t been built so horribly bad we would have been there and he may not have broke his leg and he may have been here today. At least we would ha e had more memories to share. This coach has been in the shop 1/2 the time we have owned it. It is my Hope that someone will reach out to me shortly. Sincerely, Marcia Fleming
- Marcia Fleming, Texas

2021-09-20 2015 Forest River Sunseeker 2450SF View Listings

This is my forth RV and our favorite. It is small enough to launch a boat and large enough to have plenty of room. Handles well on the road. air and heater work like at home and can go 3-4 days without hookups. We have added many things that make it better. Surge protector for power and pressure control for water. The awning is power. Low hours on the generator. It is still under a repair warranty.
- Paul Dietsch, California

2021-08-30 2015 Forest River Sunseeker 2650S View Listings

We chose this RV for fun time with family and friends but ended up living in it for almost a year. It was plenty big enough for two adults and our care companion dog. We were so thankful for the Artic Package which helped us stay nice and warm during the winter months (it snowed 2 feet that winter). With the adjustable Firestone Ride Rite Helper Springs we were able to adjust our suspension to keep us nice and level at all times. We added an additional Extended Stay LP Hook-up and rented a 75 gal. tank so we didn't need to fill up nearly as often. During the summer months in 100 degrees we kept nice and cool with air conditioning throughout. By adding an Acurite Wireless Indoor / Outdoor Thermometer we were always able to know the temperature both inside and out of the motorhome. When we purchased the motorhome we had the Winegard Connect 2.0 4G LTE Wi-Fi Extender added and were able to have full time service to use our laptop and pads, watch movie, play games and read books. Overall this has been a fantastic motorhome and were sorry to be selling it but decided its time to move on to the next fun toy. Whoever purchases this unit will be getting more than their moneys worth with all the extras.
- CS, Washington

2021-08-25 2018 Forest River Sunseeker 3050S View Listings

We purchased a 2018 FR Sunseeker 3050S used in sept 2020. It had 10,000 Miles. We Love everything about it.The quality is no where near our previous newmar but we enjoy the shorter length and its ease in driving. So far we have put on 5000 miles and stayed a month in it in Fl. No complaints.
- Cynthia Schwing, Illinois

2021-08-23 2020 Forest River Sunseeker 2860 View Listings

Foresr river sunseeker Very well built, nice floor plans cant say nothing bad about it. Love the ceiling hight. Very roomy. Very comfortable. Drives nice and got no problem with the power of the v10 engine .. like most vehicles just keep the oil change and maintain last for ever
- Robert, Ohio

2021-07-27 2018 Forest River Sunseeker 2860DS View Listings

Bought it brand new in 2018 in Florida drove it back to Virginia Beach realized they were 52 items wrong with it brought it to a dealer had it three months fix nothing very disappointing in Forest River now I find out the two windows above the cab in the sleeping area have been leaking the wood the bed everything has to be replaced disappointment with a forest river. The radio and DVD player stopped working after the second year
- Albert DeBerardinis, Virginia

2021-07-23 2020 Forest River Sunseeker 2440DS View Listings

We purchased our 2020 2440DS Sunseeker in 2019 and we are currently on our 10th trip. We love the floor plan, and that's where the love stops. We paid way too much for this poor quality. Most of the drawer latches have broken, cheap plastic. On our current trip, the living room slide out won't slide out. Unbelievable! The TVs are not smart and you can't access the ports on the back. Two TVs are impossible to remove. We had to add mattress toppers to the two main beds, very hard mattresses. The on board heater stinks, litterly. We brough in our own space heater. Everything in this RV is low-end. User/maintenance manuals are limited and some equipment not even covered. The Ford E450 Super Duty is a 2019 truck and is a very basic cab. I upgraded the suspension and replaced the radio. It handles towing our Jeep okay, much better with upgraded suspension. I would not recommend this RV.
- Paul Vroegindewey, Virginia

2021-07-09 2020 Forest River Sunseeker 2860 View Listings

We purchased this RV new and it has been in for repair a majority of the 8 months we owned it. The quality of workmanship is so poor, we have had to cancel some camping trips for repairs. Extremely long delays getting parts. 😪 DO NOT CONSIDER A FOREST RIVER RV!!!
- M Roberts, Alabama

2021-05-04 2020 Forest River Sunseeker 3050S View Listings

I love the floorplan and the features. The quality is terrible. Warpage of the interior (we keep our RV inside), the sealed compartments came apart and allowed mice and dirt in everywhere (I had to fix it myself). I will have to replace the door prop. I asked the interior to be fixed and spoke to a manager at Forest River who promised to make it right.. They did not, the dealer said they will not help. I am getting a new bigger RV in a couple years, won't be a Forest River. The factory installed the wind stops on the awning upside down. The airbags don't hold air. The pantry is fine as long as you don't use it (the shelves collapse while driving) even the one with chips and snacks (light). The drawer stops to keep them shut were installed so far off, they break when trying to close the drawers and now one slides open when we drive. The stove top was not properly installed and bubbled on first use, again no replacement, I just have to buy a new one or live with it looking bad (this should have been checked by the dealer). The trailer lights do not have a left signal or brake light when attached to the RV, but are perfect on my truck with the same trailer. I get "it's the chassis manufacturer's fault" and they say it's the RV manufacturer 99% of the time (so they will charge me to fix it). The unit has 7500 miles on it, and we are very careful to take care of our things, so no, it's not us. To add insult to injury, upon delivery, one of the exterior door keepers (keeps the door panel up) was so far off, the dealer could not get it to work, so they added another, and now have two of them for one door and it looks funny. I don't like giving bad reviews, and we do love the RV, we just wish we had paid closer attention to quality when we chose our Sunseeker. Honestly, for about $100 more, and a little more time to look things over before delivery, this would be a great unit.
- Kenneth Paton, Colorado

2021-04-04 2019 Forest River Sunseeker 2370TS View Listings

We have had this RV for 2 years and it has spent half of this time being repaired. Great in gas mileage and incredible for a couple but to get anything repaired under warranty takes months just to be approved for payment. I won't go with Sunseeker again.
- Carrie, California

2021-03-07 2020 Forest River Sunseeker 3050SF View Listings

We love going out in it. Pretty easy to maintain, very easy and quick setup. The quality is not very good. I have had to do many repairs. When we bought it, we discovered interior issues. The factory assured us they would take care of it. They have not, and the dealer says Forest River never will. When we move up, it will NOT be with Forest River. The storage bins and the sealed areas separated in the first weeks, the pantry works fine as long as you don't store anything in it. We do like the features, floorplan, and the unit. The materials, workmanship, and initial quality are very poor, and don't count on Forest River to help. They are best at pointing fingers to blame anyone but themselves. The dealer offered to fix much of this, but of course it won't be the motorhome we purchased, it will be a patched up piecemeal mess. All for 100k.
- Ken, Colorado

2021-01-26 2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2300F View Listings

The comfort and livability, as well as the transport of this RV has been top notch. It makes the journey as fun as reaching the destination, and offers all the comforts of home while traveling. One thing that sets the size of this RV apart, is how easy it is to drive and maneuver around. We didn't need to tow a smaller vehicle behind it, or rent a compact car once we got to our destination because we were able to go wherever we wanted in this vehicle. We chose to not have any slide-outs in this RV, as we've spoken with several friends who had gotten slide-outs and found that they were drafty and then would get stuck - leaving the owners stranded where they were until they could get somebody to come out and fix it. The 23' size of this vehicle has been perfect for the two of us, although it's still comfortable to feed 4 at the table and sleep 6.
- Curtis Colgan, Arizona

2021-01-06 2018 Forest River Sunseeker 2500TS View Listings

This is my 2nd. RV After 5 years with my previous RV (A 25' 2013 Fleetwood Searcher with 1 slide out) I needed a little more Space. The 3 slide outs gave me that. Also these slide outs move with 12 volt power. With the added room for wardrobe and the queen bed there is more then enough storage. The Solar connection makes it easy to connect panels for running and keeping the 12 volt system charged. The Inflatable Air shocks make the ride so much smoother and quieter then my previous RV. Overall I am very satisfied with the RV and my only reason for selling is after 8 years of doing the RV thing I want to pursue other ways to fish and travel during the summer such as Cabins or Condo's . In my opinion and that of others who have seen it think this RV is very clean almost new and should sell for my asking price or Close to it when the right family see's it. Note to RV dealers; I am not looking for a quick sale at half what I'm asking.
- Jay Martzolf, Arizona

2020-10-25 2012 Forest River Sunseeker 3310S View Listings

Great RV. Roomy, easy to drive, lots of counter space, lots of storage, beautiful paint job, good power, very dependable. Great for a family or a couple. Large black and grey tanks. Dual house batteries and large fresh water tank for boondockers.
- Dean Wallace, Idaho

2020-10-11 2015 Forest River Sunseeker 2500TS View Listings

Great RV lots of storage tows very well, easy to drive and has been a very good RV for us. Lots of extras Forest River did a good job putting a lot in a small RV. Spacious floor plan would like to see the option to have 2 theater seats instead of the dinette.
- carolmweaver, Michigan

2020-09-12 2019 Forest River Sunseeker 3010DSF View Listings

We researched every class c under the sun for about two years. We stumbled upon our used 2019 3010ds by mistake and were pleasant surprised. Ours is a former rental unit that had only been in service less than a year before the dealership got out of the rental business. We had 7 identical units to choose from with various mileage ar the same price and chose the pick of the litter. Although our unit had 20k miles on it, it was in superb condition inside and out. I got all service records and all the new unit bugs had been worked out. Our unit stickered for over $105k new and we purchased it for $55k. This was just at the start of the covid-19 mess when no one was buying rvs yet! We did opt for an extended 10yr warranty. The motorhome had performed beautifully and we logged over 3k miles in 2020. Being from Colorado, we travel the mountains a lot and the V-10 / 6-speed combo does great once you get the hang of the tow/haul mode. Should be renamed downshift control or some such thing! We did upgrade the suspension to Bilstein shocks and sway damper. Big improvement over Ford stock components. A few minor fit and finish issues. We recaulked the shower, replaced the plastic toilet and replaced about 8 of the interior puck lights that went disco on us! We did reroute the fresh water tank inlet hose as many on this floorplan are kinked and slow the filling process. I did have to adjust the living room slide stop points as the seal was not compressing properly. Not a difficult task, but the dealer wanted it for a month to do it. Took me 1 afternoon! Overall the coach is pretty easy to work on once you learn where everything is hidden. Although not a perfect unit, it's pretty close for us and the labs!
- Colochoclab, Colorado

2020-08-19 2017 Forest River Sunseeker 2290S Ford View Listings

Since the day we bought this it has been nothing but problems!One thing after a another air conditioner,refrigerator(countless times been in for service),electrical(kitchen lightssometimes work,but If you bang on it will light,that's safe) ,bedroom shade always falls down,slide not working ,water pump leaking and rotted the wood. And many more ITS THE MOTOR HOME THAT MONKEYS BUILT!!!! THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT!!DO NOT BUY!!! We just want restitution for this over priced piece of junk
- Wendy, New York

2020-08-18 2017 Forest River Sunseeker 2500TS View Listings

The first day we took it home the RV slide for the bedroom had to be repaired because it got stuck. Our generator lasted about 15 minutes and died . They replaced 2 generators before we got one that worked. The decorative trim falls off all the time so we just put it in a drawer until we bought a nail gun. The slide under the dining room has had water pour in while we were driving and it fills up the storage bins and ruined everything. We took it back twice and it was never fixed right. Now they say it's our problem. The awning separated at the seams at the ends and had to be replaced. Door handle fell off. Drawers in the wardrobe in the bedroom won't latch closed. I have notified Forrest River and have not yet heard back from them. We are retired and because of the water damage that was never properly fixed, the floor behind the drivers seat is spongy and I'm afraid the wood and floor is damaged. No help for this problem from CW or the manufacturer. I still owe a great deal of money and I can't even sell it. These companies have "stolen" our retirement dream and money. All I can say is LEMON!!! Don't buy from them.
- Donna St Louis, South Carolina

2020-08-07 2017 Forest River Sunseeker 2500TS View Listings

We liked that it was comfortable and had so many nice features. The freezer had plenty of room. The stove worked great. Lots and lots of storage space. Outside faucet/shower great for doing dishes. Nice low lighting with LED for awning at night.
- Carol, New Jersey

2020-08-06 2017 Forest River Sunseeker 2290S Ford View Listings

Drove through 36 states, did not tow, coach easy to drive and can park and get into most places. Great rv for 2 people. Not crazy about putting air in duel tires. Cushions in dining area could use a few more inches of padding.
- Dewey Smith, Florida

2020-07-17 2018 Forest River Sunseeker 3050S View Listings

This is our third motorhome. We had a 2015 same product and took it toward alaska and really didn't have much of a problem. The pantry door kept opening when we hit bumps but that was corrected on the 2018. But it was on lots of terrible roads and had a couple of things that we wanted changed. Like sofa, solar, arctic package. The 2018 we got has been one problem after another. Same floor plan. The oven is terrible. Doesn't work. I would rather have the storage space like in the 2015. The quality is poor. Little things like screws not staying in the "not" wood on drawers and cabinets. Delamination of wood around the refrigerator area. The refrigerator keeps being a problem. Stops working for no apparent reason. Warranty work repaired some but it is leaking inside now. AC leaks inside. We feel that the product is just shabby materials and workmanship. One thing after another snaps off or breaks. It drives OK. We will never purchase another Forest River Product. The place we purchased it has done good by us but they can only offer so much.
- dianedrake, Georgia

2020-05-25 2016 Forest River Sunseeker MBS 2400R View Listings

These guys are amazing, I needed a motor home so I can visit grandsons. They made it happen, from the financial end to the inspection,to the owner,salesman everyone thank you. I AM BEYOND HAPPY...My dog Winston thanks you too....he had a great time and more to come
- April Cardenas , Iowa

2020-04-24 2020 Forest River Sunseeker 3050S View Listings

We purchased this RV in November 2019. We LOVE the floor plan. It drives great. Overall, the quality is as expected for the price. This RV is at the lower end price range for rigs of this type. We took our first BIG trip in February 2020 anticipating being gone 4-5 weeks. To this point, we had not had any problems with the unit. The FIRST night on the road, the full length slide jacked up. It hung up half way out. It wouldn't go out, it wouldn't go in. It just so happened, where we were camping had an onsite repair shop. The onsite tech found that there were 3" screws used to attach the nightstand by the bed, when only 1"-2" screws were all that was needed. During the extending of the slide, the screws got wrapped around some wiring, pulled the wiring loose, and shorted out the motor. We called Forest River Customer Service and got approval to replace the damaged motor. Unfortunately, it couldn't be overnighted because the tech missed the call in deadline by 5 minutes (it was 1:00 pm); and Forest River would not make an exception. So, 3 days later, we were back on the road. 2 stops later, the slide failed again! We called a mobile repair person who came out and was able to reset the motor. Again, 2 stops later, the slide out jacked up again. This time, the mobile repair rep took the slide apart so he could force it back in so we could get home, as we were only 6 hours away. We drove home with the slide held in by vice grips and come-alongs. We immediately took the RV back to the dealership for repair. After several days, they replaced the front motor, and said everything else checked out. Fast forward 30 days. We decide to take a short trip, but before making the reservations, we checked the slide to make sure it would work. It didn't. It's back at the dealership, and we aren't able to take our trip. So far, we've been unable to use our RV for most of the time we've owned it. To make matters worse, we still haven't received reimbursement for all the work that was done to it while we were on vacation. $1,500+. Over the past 3 weeks, we've sent numerous emails, left several voice mail messages, with no contact by Forest River. Today, we talked with someone who promised she would get in touch with our rep and make sure she called us. Surprisingly, she called us within 10 minutes. We were promised that all this will be taken care of ASAP. The excuse now is the "working from home COVID19" problems. I've worked from home. It shouldn't slow you down. As I stated previously, we love the motorhome. We just want it fixed so we can use it!!!! I will be happy to amend my review if the motorhome is repaired in a timely fashion and we are finally able to use it.
- Lana Cutbirth, Missouri

2020-04-18 2009 Forest River Sunseeker 3100SS View Listings

este es el mothorhome que me gusta para viajar con mi familia porqué es especial la medida y el estilo que queremos es muy económico para viajar y es muy cómodo para la hora de dormir y parar cocinar es excelente
- Ruben Tovar , Wisconsin

2020-03-21 2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2650CDWS View Listings

This motorhome has an excellent and spacious layout, even when the slide is closed it is completely liveable and comfortable with loads of space. Highly recommended for long stays or for families to enjoy. The length allows you to go anywhere!
- Bridgette Lens, British Columbia