Forest River Sunseeker Reviews on RV Insider (82)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Sunseeker RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Marcia Fleming from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 Forest River Sunseeker 2860DS View Listings

To whom it may concern, I’m not sure if anyone will read this email or do anything about it but I will give it a go. My name is Marcia Fleming, I live in Denton Texas. Due to my husbands health he promised me a year of making memories so we sold our property and bought a 2019 Class C Sunseeker out of Grand Rapids Michigan. We took possession of it in May. As soon as we took possession we found numerous problems with it and contacted the dealer Motorhomes2Go. At first we couldn’t find any dealers in our area that would work on it but finally after contacting Bobby Adkins at Forest River we were directed to National Indoor RV Center in Lewisville , Texas. David Stuntz is our advisor there. I have emails and texts going thru that time until now documenting over 32 issues with “Lemon”. The issues included such things as tears in the upolstery, a table the broke away from the wall, a warped entry door, warped bathroom door, a warped bedroom window and auto levelers that did not work and an air conditioning unit that leaked like a sieve because the filter used in the air conditioners were not right for this unit and because of that we were told to either remove the filter or take it out and clean it often. Apparently a new design was in the works and when it was ready they would send the new filters (still not done). The final stray in this saga is the faulty construction of the automatic levelers. While in New Mexico we kept hearing a noise from underneath the coach. My brother got under it and found that the fluid lines going to the jacks was installed in a way that had them laying on the exhaust. You could see the bubbling from the heat on the lines. We cut our trip to Pismo Beach California short in order to get the coach back to National. I took the coach into National. When National went to look at this issue ... while the coach was running the fuel lines burst! As the unit had not yet heated up there was no fire but according to them and several other coach dealers if we had driven to California from New Mexico a fire would most certainly happened. There are to many to mention in this email but I would love to talk to someone about this as Forest River is not willing to do anything about a buy back or cover the loss that I will have to take when replacing it. National was having a lot of problems getting Forest River to authorize repairs on this coach until this final issue and the conversations that I was having with them along with David Stuntz. Apparently almost everything has been completed now. That’s all well and good but since we came back to Texas within a couple weeks my husband passed away due to a pulmonary embolism that resulted from fracture of the Tibia and Fibula. I know you will say that could have happened anywhere but it happened in Texas instead of in Pismo Beach, which was his dream place. He should have been able to make memories with me there. If this coach hadn’t been built so horribly bad we would have been there and he may not have broke his leg and he may have been here today. At least we would ha e had more memories to share. This coach has been in the shop 1/2 the time we have owned it. It is my Hope that someone will reach out to me shortly. Sincerely, Marcia Fleming
- Marcia Fleming, Texas

2020-10-11 2015 Forest River Sunseeker 2500TS View Listings

Great RV lots of storage tows very well, easy to drive and has been a very good RV for us. Lots of extras Forest River did a good job putting a lot in a small RV. Spacious floor plan would like to see the option to have 2 theater seats instead of the dinette.
- carolmweaver, Michigan

2020-09-12 2019 Forest River Sunseeker 3010DSF View Listings

We researched every class c under the sun for about two years. We stumbled upon our used 2019 3010ds by mistake and were pleasant surprised. Ours is a former rental unit that had only been in service less than a year before the dealership got out of the rental business. We had 7 identical units to choose from with various mileage ar the same price and chose the pick of the litter. Although our unit had 20k miles on it, it was in superb condition inside and out. I got all service records and all the new unit bugs had been worked out. Our unit stickered for over $105k new and we purchased it for $55k. This was just at the start of the covid-19 mess when no one was buying rvs yet! We did opt for an extended 10yr warranty. The motorhome had performed beautifully and we logged over 3k miles in 2020. Being from Colorado, we travel the mountains a lot and the V-10 / 6-speed combo does great once you get the hang of the tow/haul mode. Should be renamed downshift control or some such thing! We did upgrade the suspension to Bilstein shocks and sway damper. Big improvement over Ford stock components. A few minor fit and finish issues. We recaulked the shower, replaced the plastic toilet and replaced about 8 of the interior puck lights that went disco on us! We did reroute the fresh water tank inlet hose as many on this floorplan are kinked and slow the filling process. I did have to adjust the living room slide stop points as the seal was not compressing properly. Not a difficult task, but the dealer wanted it for a month to do it. Took me 1 afternoon! Overall the coach is pretty easy to work on once you learn where everything is hidden. Although not a perfect unit, it's pretty close for us and the labs!
- Colochoclab, Colorado

2020-08-19 2017 Forest River Sunseeker 2290S Ford View Listings

Since the day we bought this it has been nothing but problems!One thing after a another air conditioner,refrigerator(countless times been in for service),electrical(kitchen lightssometimes work,but If you bang on it will light,that's safe) ,bedroom shade always falls down,slide not working ,water pump leaking and rotted the wood. And many more ITS THE MOTOR HOME THAT MONKEYS BUILT!!!! THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT!!DO NOT BUY!!! We just want restitution for this over priced piece of junk
- Wendy, New York

2020-08-18 2017 Forest River Sunseeker 2500TS View Listings

The first day we took it home the RV slide for the bedroom had to be repaired because it got stuck. Our generator lasted about 15 minutes and died . They replaced 2 generators before we got one that worked. The decorative trim falls off all the time so we just put it in a drawer until we bought a nail gun. The slide under the dining room has had water pour in while we were driving and it fills up the storage bins and ruined everything. We took it back twice and it was never fixed right. Now they say it's our problem. The awning separated at the seams at the ends and had to be replaced. Door handle fell off. Drawers in the wardrobe in the bedroom won't latch closed. I have notified Forrest River and have not yet heard back from them. We are retired and because of the water damage that was never properly fixed, the floor behind the drivers seat is spongy and I'm afraid the wood and floor is damaged. No help for this problem from CW or the manufacturer. I still owe a great deal of money and I can't even sell it. These companies have "stolen" our retirement dream and money. All I can say is LEMON!!! Don't buy from them.
- Donna St Louis, South Carolina

2020-08-07 2017 Forest River Sunseeker 2500TS View Listings

We liked that it was comfortable and had so many nice features. The freezer had plenty of room. The stove worked great. Lots and lots of storage space. Outside faucet/shower great for doing dishes. Nice low lighting with LED for awning at night.
- Carol, New Jersey

2020-08-06 2017 Forest River Sunseeker 2290S Ford View Listings

Drove through 36 states, did not tow, coach easy to drive and can park and get into most places. Great rv for 2 people. Not crazy about putting air in duel tires. Cushions in dining area could use a few more inches of padding.
- Dewey Smith, Florida

2020-07-17 2018 Forest River Sunseeker 3050S View Listings

This is our third motorhome. We had a 2015 same product and took it toward alaska and really didn't have much of a problem. The pantry door kept opening when we hit bumps but that was corrected on the 2018. But it was on lots of terrible roads and had a couple of things that we wanted changed. Like sofa, solar, arctic package. The 2018 we got has been one problem after another. Same floor plan. The oven is terrible. Doesn't work. I would rather have the storage space like in the 2015. The quality is poor. Little things like screws not staying in the "not" wood on drawers and cabinets. Delamination of wood around the refrigerator area. The refrigerator keeps being a problem. Stops working for no apparent reason. Warranty work repaired some but it is leaking inside now. AC leaks inside. We feel that the product is just shabby materials and workmanship. One thing after another snaps off or breaks. It drives OK. We will never purchase another Forest River Product. The place we purchased it has done good by us but they can only offer so much.
- dianedrake, Georgia

2020-05-25 2016 Forest River Sunseeker MBS 2400R View Listings

These guys are amazing, I needed a motor home so I can visit grandsons. They made it happen, from the financial end to the inspection,to the owner,salesman everyone thank you. I AM BEYOND HAPPY...My dog Winston thanks you too....he had a great time and more to come
- April Cardenas , Iowa

2020-04-24 2020 Forest River Sunseeker 3050S View Listings

We purchased this RV in November 2019. We LOVE the floor plan. It drives great. Overall, the quality is as expected for the price. This RV is at the lower end price range for rigs of this type. We took our first BIG trip in February 2020 anticipating being gone 4-5 weeks. To this point, we had not had any problems with the unit. The FIRST night on the road, the full length slide jacked up. It hung up half way out. It wouldn't go out, it wouldn't go in. It just so happened, where we were camping had an onsite repair shop. The onsite tech found that there were 3" screws used to attach the nightstand by the bed, when only 1"-2" screws were all that was needed. During the extending of the slide, the screws got wrapped around some wiring, pulled the wiring loose, and shorted out the motor. We called Forest River Customer Service and got approval to replace the damaged motor. Unfortunately, it couldn't be overnighted because the tech missed the call in deadline by 5 minutes (it was 1:00 pm); and Forest River would not make an exception. So, 3 days later, we were back on the road. 2 stops later, the slide failed again! We called a mobile repair person who came out and was able to reset the motor. Again, 2 stops later, the slide out jacked up again. This time, the mobile repair rep took the slide apart so he could force it back in so we could get home, as we were only 6 hours away. We drove home with the slide held in by vice grips and come-alongs. We immediately took the RV back to the dealership for repair. After several days, they replaced the front motor, and said everything else checked out. Fast forward 30 days. We decide to take a short trip, but before making the reservations, we checked the slide to make sure it would work. It didn't. It's back at the dealership, and we aren't able to take our trip. So far, we've been unable to use our RV for most of the time we've owned it. To make matters worse, we still haven't received reimbursement for all the work that was done to it while we were on vacation. $1,500+. Over the past 3 weeks, we've sent numerous emails, left several voice mail messages, with no contact by Forest River. Today, we talked with someone who promised she would get in touch with our rep and make sure she called us. Surprisingly, she called us within 10 minutes. We were promised that all this will be taken care of ASAP. The excuse now is the "working from home COVID19" problems. I've worked from home. It shouldn't slow you down. As I stated previously, we love the motorhome. We just want it fixed so we can use it!!!! I will be happy to amend my review if the motorhome is repaired in a timely fashion and we are finally able to use it.
- Lana Cutbirth, Missouri

2020-04-18 2009 Forest River Sunseeker 3100SS View Listings

este es el mothorhome que me gusta para viajar con mi familia porqué es especial la medida y el estilo que queremos es muy económico para viajar y es muy cómodo para la hora de dormir y parar cocinar es excelente
- Ruben Tovar , Wisconsin

2020-03-21 2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2650CDWS View Listings

This motorhome has an excellent and spacious layout, even when the slide is closed it is completely liveable and comfortable with loads of space. Highly recommended for long stays or for families to enjoy. The length allows you to go anywhere!
- Bridgette Lens, British Columbia

2020-01-09 2015 Forest River Sunseeker 2860DS View Listings

We chose this Chevy Sunseeker because of the floor plan, it has a walk around queen bed, our previous motorhome had a corner bed, not good for us. The Chevy cab has more room to get to the back of MH. it gets 10mpg towing a Jeep Liberty. We used it 51 days last year and had a wonderful time. But health reasons are keeping us from enjoying it this year, No fading or peeling decals, alsways stored indoors, This MH has automatic leveling jacks, not all Class C are equipped with the,.
- Judith Detjen, Missouri

2019-10-06 2020 Forest River Sunseeker 2860 View Listings

Quality is very poor. Auto levelers do not function properly, seals on entire unit are cheap, they're warped in areas under the slides, they overlapon the bedroom slide out window trim, can see daylight coming in from both bedroom and living area slides, AC fan does not turn off when in Auto mode (informed that's how the new Atwood AC functions. Due to bad seals when AC is on outside air(campfire smoke) is brought inside camper.
- Alice, Michigan

2019-09-12 2015 Forest River Sunseeker 3050S View Listings

Best floor plan for a 31' class C. Ford motor very powerful. Quality good for the price. BUT!!! BUT!!! The big slide out is too heavy load for the mecanism. This system is very good for small slide out... Dealer change the motor for 500/1 with sunseeker garanty. Always screw to tight. Now at the dealer again because the track system broke and I dont know if extended garanty with pay for it. If I have to change it, I will choose an other floor plan just because the slide out system.. But Sunseeker Cie was OK. Hope they will change that slide out system for future customer!!!
- Domenic, Quebec

2019-07-29 2018 Forest River Sunseeker 2860DS View Listings

We purchased this RV in November 2018. The accessories in the RV are terrible. We’ve had nothing but trouble. 1. TV had a line down the middle of it. 2. Dealer replaced the tv, AND THE REPLACEMENT WOULDNT EVEN POWER ON. We ended up buying a tv rather than taking it to the dealer. 3. DVD portion of the radio DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY. We bought a separate DVD player, and it works fine. 4. One of the bathroom cabinet knobs broke off in my hand. 5. The “hook” under the recliner couch comes detached so that we repeatedly have to put it back together. 6. The hook on the drawer in the bottom of the stove wouldn’t hold. Drawer came open when driving. Husband fixed it. 7. The filter on the air conditioner clogs it up. With the filter in, water drips from the ac unit constantly. Have to put a bucket under it. Without the filter, it works fine. 8. Today my husband went to the rv and THE FRIG AND FREEZER HAVE GONE OUT! It was packed with food, and it had all spoiled! The frig was working yesterday, because we took the rv on a trip last week, and got back yesterday. There is now a lot of perishable food that has ruined. Have to make yet another trip to the dealer. Needless to say, this has been a very bad experience, and we will NEVER purchase another Forest River vehicle. Very disappointing.
- Gwen Teague, Texas

2019-06-23 2018 Forest River Sunseeker 3050S View Listings

Loved the MH. The layout was particularly functional with distinct areas especially the separation of bedroom and restroom areas. Living area with dinette, couch and kitchen provides excellent flow. Comfortable above cab bed. Enjoyable and easy to drive. Took two 1k trips pulling a Ford Edge through mountains. No problem handling the hills. Would buy again. Selling due to health problems.
- Paul Smith, Texas

2019-05-20 2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2250S View Listings

Owned this RV for 4 years and used it mostly summers for extended trips cross country from SC to Oregon and back. We towed a 6'X 10' enclosed trailer once, a14'boat twice and a 1989 Suzuki side kick twice. We found the 24' Sunseeker had plenty of power for the hills and mountains and for keeping up with traffic on freeways. Using a combination of full hook up campgrounds, Passport America, Corps of Engineer, NFS and using Good Sam, AARP and Golden Age discounts we were able to camp in comfort at usually beautiful locations for an average of close to $15 a night. Everything worked, so it was nice to have AC, furnace, microwave, large refrigerator, hot water, shower, a queen size comfortable bed. The Onan 4.0 generator allowed us comfortable camping on trips to favorite Oregon lakes. We now live back in Oregon, blocks from a river and 15 miles from a Reservoir. We just haven't used the RV So have it up for sale. Just an amazing size for a couple or small family. Enjoy
- Richard George Baxter, South Carolina

2019-03-26 2019 Forest River Sunseeker 2290S Ford View Listings

There are not enough to express our graditude to Mr. Lynn Lowry, McGeorge RV in Ashland Virginia. He was funny, knowledgeable, and really cared and listened to what we were looking for. He made the whole experience wonderful. We not only left there with what we wanted, but we made a new friend as well. Thank you Lynn Lowry.....The world's greatest salesman in our opinion. We can't wait to use our new RV, and make new memories. McGeorge RV in Ashland Virginia is the place to go to purchase any camper, Rv, any size. They have a great selection, and please don't forget to ask for Lynn Lowry....We promise you, you will not be disappointed, with your purchase, or your salesman....David and Leslie Abromaitis
- David and Leslie Abromaitis, Virginia

2019-03-22 2014 Forest River Sunseeker 2300C View Listings

I purchased this RV to travel the US for an entire summer and was incredibly comfortable. I traveled alone with no problems driving around without a co-pilot. With the rear back up camera I maneuvered independently with no accidents. This mini RV can fit anywhere and loved it. The space is perfect for comfortable living and exploring.
- Anne Marie Peacock, North Carolina

2019-02-18 2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250S View Listings

Perfect for us. Me and my wife take the grandkids so it is just the right size for us. Can park it most anywhere and I sleep very good in it and I am 6”2. My wife has no problem driving it so we can share driving.
- Richard Matson, Georgia

2019-02-16 2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250S View Listings

The Sunseeker is well built and easy to drive. We purchased one because I was intimidated about towing and didn't want something so big that I would be afraid to drive it. This is the perfect size and it is very easy to tow a car or boat.
- Dianne Templeton, Georgia

2019-02-05 2018 Forest River Sunseeker 3050S View Listings

Very excited to get this rig new for full-timing because of nice size and layout, but poor quality issues started showing up in the first month of use: curtains coming apart, shades not retracting, water damaging the fake corrian which wraps the fiberboard counters and sink inserts. Bigger issues of leaking shower, wrapped bathroom walls, and leaking slide-out in month 2. Unacceptable quality and design issues all around, I would steer everyone clear of Forest River products if this the direction their build quality and design decisions are going. We sold it back to the dealer after 2.5 months because the list of repairs were growing faster than the dealer could fix them. And some of the repairs, the service people had no clue as to what their causes were. Took a big loss financially but decided the motorhome's future was going to be nothing but heartache for us.
- Kevin Shilts, Oregon

2019-02-05 2019 Forest River Sunseeker 2290S View Listings

We looked at many motorhomes prior to deciding on the Sunseeker 2290S. The coach in our opinion is much better than the competition based on the quality of construction such as a fiberglass roof, leather seating, raised panel cabinetry and other features big and small. In addition we wanted a unit where the rear bed was not in a slide which enabled an early riser like myself to get on the road while the better half gets a little more shuteye. The Ford engine and transmission are smooth making the unit a pleasure to drive. Also the size being 24'6" makes it easy to park and maneuver in and out of service stations, etc. We highly recommend the Forest River Sunseeker 2290 SF.
- T McNeill, North Carolina

2019-01-20 2019 Forest River Sunseeker 2290S Ford View Listings

We have had various RVs over the past 60 years from popups to motorhomes. This coach at 24'6" is a great size for day trips or cross country RVing. You can drive it and park it most anywhere. I especially like the fiberglass roof, storage, largest front tv of all the competition, quality leather interior and cabinetry along with the queen size bed in the rear not being in a slide which enables the better half a couple more hours sleep while I break camp and get an early start to the next destination. Also like the space afforded by the large circular dinette/wardrobe slide and spacious sleep area over the cab.
- Tom, North Carolina