Forest River Sunseeker Reviews on RV Insider (77)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Sunseeker RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Marcia Fleming from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 Forest River Sunseeker 2860DS View Listings

To whom it may concern, I’m not sure if anyone will read this email or do anything about it but I will give it a go. My name is Marcia Fleming, I live in Denton Texas. Due to my husbands health he promised me a year of making memories so we sold our property and bought a 2019 Class C Sunseeker out of Grand Rapids Michigan. We took possession of it in May. As soon as we took possession we found numerous problems with it and contacted the dealer Motorhomes2Go. At first we couldn’t find any dealers in our area that would work on it but finally after contacting Bobby Adkins at Forest River we were directed to National Indoor RV Center in Lewisville , Texas. David Stuntz is our advisor there. I have emails and texts going thru that time until now documenting over 32 issues with “Lemon”. The issues included such things as tears in the upolstery, a table the broke away from the wall, a warped entry door, warped bathroom door, a warped bedroom window and auto levelers that did not work and an air conditioning unit that leaked like a sieve because the filter used in the air conditioners were not right for this unit and because of that we were told to either remove the filter or take it out and clean it often. Apparently a new design was in the works and when it was ready they would send the new filters (still not done). The final stray in this saga is the faulty construction of the automatic levelers. While in New Mexico we kept hearing a noise from underneath the coach. My brother got under it and found that the fluid lines going to the jacks was installed in a way that had them laying on the exhaust. You could see the bubbling from the heat on the lines. We cut our trip to Pismo Beach California short in order to get the coach back to National. I took the coach into National. When National went to look at this issue ... while the coach was running the fuel lines burst! As the unit had not yet heated up there was no fire but according to them and several other coach dealers if we had driven to California from New Mexico a fire would most certainly happened. There are to many to mention in this email but I would love to talk to someone about this as Forest River is not willing to do anything about a buy back or cover the loss that I will have to take when replacing it. National was having a lot of problems getting Forest River to authorize repairs on this coach until this final issue and the conversations that I was having with them along with David Stuntz. Apparently almost everything has been completed now. That’s all well and good but since we came back to Texas within a couple weeks my husband passed away due to a pulmonary embolism that resulted from fracture of the Tibia and Fibula. I know you will say that could have happened anywhere but it happened in Texas instead of in Pismo Beach, which was his dream place. He should have been able to make memories with me there. If this coach hadn’t been built so horribly bad we would have been there and he may not have broke his leg and he may have been here today. At least we would ha e had more memories to share. This coach has been in the shop 1/2 the time we have owned it. It is my Hope that someone will reach out to me shortly. Sincerely, Marcia Fleming
- Marcia Fleming, Texas

2020-08-06 2017 Forest River Sunseeker 2290S Ford View Listings

Drove through 36 states, did not tow, coach easy to drive and can park and get into most places. Great rv for 2 people. Not crazy about putting air in duel tires. Cushions in dining area could use a few more inches of padding.
- Dewey Smith, Florida

2020-07-17 2018 Forest River Sunseeker 3050S View Listings

This is our third motorhome. We had a 2015 same product and took it toward alaska and really didn't have much of a problem. The pantry door kept opening when we hit bumps but that was corrected on the 2018. But it was on lots of terrible roads and had a couple of things that we wanted changed. Like sofa, solar, arctic package. The 2018 we got has been one problem after another. Same floor plan. The oven is terrible. Doesn't work. I would rather have the storage space like in the 2015. The quality is poor. Little things like screws not staying in the "not" wood on drawers and cabinets. Delamination of wood around the refrigerator area. The refrigerator keeps being a problem. Stops working for no apparent reason. Warranty work repaired some but it is leaking inside now. AC leaks inside. We feel that the product is just shabby materials and workmanship. One thing after another snaps off or breaks. It drives OK. We will never purchase another Forest River Product. The place we purchased it has done good by us but they can only offer so much.
- dianedrake, Georgia

2020-05-25 2016 Forest River Sunseeker MBS 2400R View Listings

These guys are amazing, I needed a motor home so I can visit grandsons. They made it happen, from the financial end to the inspection,to the owner,salesman everyone thank you. I AM BEYOND HAPPY...My dog Winston thanks you too....he had a great time and more to come
- April Cardenas , Iowa

2020-04-24 2020 Forest River Sunseeker 3050S View Listings

We purchased this RV in November 2019. We LOVE the floor plan. It drives great. Overall, the quality is as expected for the price. This RV is at the lower end price range for rigs of this type. We took our first BIG trip in February 2020 anticipating being gone 4-5 weeks. To this point, we had not had any problems with the unit. The FIRST night on the road, the full length slide jacked up. It hung up half way out. It wouldn't go out, it wouldn't go in. It just so happened, where we were camping had an onsite repair shop. The onsite tech found that there were 3" screws used to attach the nightstand by the bed, when only 1"-2" screws were all that was needed. During the extending of the slide, the screws got wrapped around some wiring, pulled the wiring loose, and shorted out the motor. We called Forest River Customer Service and got approval to replace the damaged motor. Unfortunately, it couldn't be overnighted because the tech missed the call in deadline by 5 minutes (it was 1:00 pm); and Forest River would not make an exception. So, 3 days later, we were back on the road. 2 stops later, the slide failed again! We called a mobile repair person who came out and was able to reset the motor. Again, 2 stops later, the slide out jacked up again. This time, the mobile repair rep took the slide apart so he could force it back in so we could get home, as we were only 6 hours away. We drove home with the slide held in by vice grips and come-alongs. We immediately took the RV back to the dealership for repair. After several days, they replaced the front motor, and said everything else checked out. Fast forward 30 days. We decide to take a short trip, but before making the reservations, we checked the slide to make sure it would work. It didn't. It's back at the dealership, and we aren't able to take our trip. So far, we've been unable to use our RV for most of the time we've owned it. To make matters worse, we still haven't received reimbursement for all the work that was done to it while we were on vacation. $1,500+. Over the past 3 weeks, we've sent numerous emails, left several voice mail messages, with no contact by Forest River. Today, we talked with someone who promised she would get in touch with our rep and make sure she called us. Surprisingly, she called us within 10 minutes. We were promised that all this will be taken care of ASAP. The excuse now is the "working from home COVID19" problems. I've worked from home. It shouldn't slow you down. As I stated previously, we love the motorhome. We just want it fixed so we can use it!!!! I will be happy to amend my review if the motorhome is repaired in a timely fashion and we are finally able to use it.
- Lana Cutbirth, Missouri

2020-04-18 2009 Forest River Sunseeker 3100SS View Listings

este es el mothorhome que me gusta para viajar con mi familia porqué es especial la medida y el estilo que queremos es muy económico para viajar y es muy cómodo para la hora de dormir y parar cocinar es excelente
- Ruben Tovar , Wisconsin

2020-03-21 2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2650CDWS View Listings

This motorhome has an excellent and spacious layout, even when the slide is closed it is completely liveable and comfortable with loads of space. Highly recommended for long stays or for families to enjoy. The length allows you to go anywhere!
- Bridgette Lens, British Columbia

2020-01-09 2015 Forest River Sunseeker 2860DS View Listings

We chose this Chevy Sunseeker because of the floor plan, it has a walk around queen bed, our previous motorhome had a corner bed, not good for us. The Chevy cab has more room to get to the back of MH. it gets 10mpg towing a Jeep Liberty. We used it 51 days last year and had a wonderful time. But health reasons are keeping us from enjoying it this year, No fading or peeling decals, alsways stored indoors, This MH has automatic leveling jacks, not all Class C are equipped with the,.
- Judith Detjen, Missouri

2019-10-06 2020 Forest River Sunseeker 2860 View Listings

Quality is very poor. Auto levelers do not function properly, seals on entire unit are cheap, they're warped in areas under the slides, they overlapon the bedroom slide out window trim, can see daylight coming in from both bedroom and living area slides, AC fan does not turn off when in Auto mode (informed that's how the new Atwood AC functions. Due to bad seals when AC is on outside air(campfire smoke) is brought inside camper.
- Alice, Michigan

2019-09-12 2015 Forest River Sunseeker 3050S View Listings

Best floor plan for a 31' class C. Ford motor very powerful. Quality good for the price. BUT!!! BUT!!! The big slide out is too heavy load for the mecanism. This system is very good for small slide out... Dealer change the motor for 500/1 with sunseeker garanty. Always screw to tight. Now at the dealer again because the track system broke and I dont know if extended garanty with pay for it. If I have to change it, I will choose an other floor plan just because the slide out system.. But Sunseeker Cie was OK. Hope they will change that slide out system for future customer!!!
- Domenic, Quebec

2019-07-29 2018 Forest River Sunseeker 2860DS View Listings

We purchased this RV in November 2018. The accessories in the RV are terrible. We’ve had nothing but trouble. 1. TV had a line down the middle of it. 2. Dealer replaced the tv, AND THE REPLACEMENT WOULDNT EVEN POWER ON. We ended up buying a tv rather than taking it to the dealer. 3. DVD portion of the radio DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY. We bought a separate DVD player, and it works fine. 4. One of the bathroom cabinet knobs broke off in my hand. 5. The “hook” under the recliner couch comes detached so that we repeatedly have to put it back together. 6. The hook on the drawer in the bottom of the stove wouldn’t hold. Drawer came open when driving. Husband fixed it. 7. The filter on the air conditioner clogs it up. With the filter in, water drips from the ac unit constantly. Have to put a bucket under it. Without the filter, it works fine. 8. Today my husband went to the rv and THE FRIG AND FREEZER HAVE GONE OUT! It was packed with food, and it had all spoiled! The frig was working yesterday, because we took the rv on a trip last week, and got back yesterday. There is now a lot of perishable food that has ruined. Have to make yet another trip to the dealer. Needless to say, this has been a very bad experience, and we will NEVER purchase another Forest River vehicle. Very disappointing.
- Gwen Teague, Texas

2019-06-23 2018 Forest River Sunseeker 3050S View Listings

Loved the MH. The layout was particularly functional with distinct areas especially the separation of bedroom and restroom areas. Living area with dinette, couch and kitchen provides excellent flow. Comfortable above cab bed. Enjoyable and easy to drive. Took two 1k trips pulling a Ford Edge through mountains. No problem handling the hills. Would buy again. Selling due to health problems.
- Paul Smith, Texas

2019-05-20 2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2250S View Listings

Owned this RV for 4 years and used it mostly summers for extended trips cross country from SC to Oregon and back. We towed a 6'X 10' enclosed trailer once, a14'boat twice and a 1989 Suzuki side kick twice. We found the 24' Sunseeker had plenty of power for the hills and mountains and for keeping up with traffic on freeways. Using a combination of full hook up campgrounds, Passport America, Corps of Engineer, NFS and using Good Sam, AARP and Golden Age discounts we were able to camp in comfort at usually beautiful locations for an average of close to $15 a night. Everything worked, so it was nice to have AC, furnace, microwave, large refrigerator, hot water, shower, a queen size comfortable bed. The Onan 4.0 generator allowed us comfortable camping on trips to favorite Oregon lakes. We now live back in Oregon, blocks from a river and 15 miles from a Reservoir. We just haven't used the RV So have it up for sale. Just an amazing size for a couple or small family. Enjoy
- Richard George Baxter, South Carolina

2019-03-26 2019 Forest River Sunseeker 2290S Ford View Listings

There are not enough to express our graditude to Mr. Lynn Lowry, McGeorge RV in Ashland Virginia. He was funny, knowledgeable, and really cared and listened to what we were looking for. He made the whole experience wonderful. We not only left there with what we wanted, but we made a new friend as well. Thank you Lynn Lowry.....The world's greatest salesman in our opinion. We can't wait to use our new RV, and make new memories. McGeorge RV in Ashland Virginia is the place to go to purchase any camper, Rv, any size. They have a great selection, and please don't forget to ask for Lynn Lowry....We promise you, you will not be disappointed, with your purchase, or your salesman....David and Leslie Abromaitis
- David and Leslie Abromaitis, Virginia

2019-03-22 2014 Forest River Sunseeker 2300C View Listings

I purchased this RV to travel the US for an entire summer and was incredibly comfortable. I traveled alone with no problems driving around without a co-pilot. With the rear back up camera I maneuvered independently with no accidents. This mini RV can fit anywhere and loved it. The space is perfect for comfortable living and exploring.
- Anne Marie Peacock, North Carolina

2019-02-18 2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250S View Listings

Perfect for us. Me and my wife take the grandkids so it is just the right size for us. Can park it most anywhere and I sleep very good in it and I am 6”2. My wife has no problem driving it so we can share driving.
- Richard Matson, Georgia

2019-02-16 2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250S View Listings

The Sunseeker is well built and easy to drive. We purchased one because I was intimidated about towing and didn't want something so big that I would be afraid to drive it. This is the perfect size and it is very easy to tow a car or boat.
- Dianne Templeton, Georgia

2019-02-05 2018 Forest River Sunseeker 3050S View Listings

Very excited to get this rig new for full-timing because of nice size and layout, but poor quality issues started showing up in the first month of use: curtains coming apart, shades not retracting, water damaging the fake corrian which wraps the fiberboard counters and sink inserts. Bigger issues of leaking shower, wrapped bathroom walls, and leaking slide-out in month 2. Unacceptable quality and design issues all around, I would steer everyone clear of Forest River products if this the direction their build quality and design decisions are going. We sold it back to the dealer after 2.5 months because the list of repairs were growing faster than the dealer could fix them. And some of the repairs, the service people had no clue as to what their causes were. Took a big loss financially but decided the motorhome's future was going to be nothing but heartache for us.
- Kevin Shilts, Oregon

2019-02-05 2019 Forest River Sunseeker 2290S View Listings

We looked at many motorhomes prior to deciding on the Sunseeker 2290S. The coach in our opinion is much better than the competition based on the quality of construction such as a fiberglass roof, leather seating, raised panel cabinetry and other features big and small. In addition we wanted a unit where the rear bed was not in a slide which enabled an early riser like myself to get on the road while the better half gets a little more shuteye. The Ford engine and transmission are smooth making the unit a pleasure to drive. Also the size being 24'6" makes it easy to park and maneuver in and out of service stations, etc. We highly recommend the Forest River Sunseeker 2290 SF.
- T McNeill, North Carolina

2019-01-20 2019 Forest River Sunseeker 2290S Ford View Listings

We have had various RVs over the past 60 years from popups to motorhomes. This coach at 24'6" is a great size for day trips or cross country RVing. You can drive it and park it most anywhere. I especially like the fiberglass roof, storage, largest front tv of all the competition, quality leather interior and cabinetry along with the queen size bed in the rear not being in a slide which enables the better half a couple more hours sleep while I break camp and get an early start to the next destination. Also like the space afforded by the large circular dinette/wardrobe slide and spacious sleep area over the cab.
- Tom, North Carolina

2019-01-14 2017 Forest River Sunseeker 3100SS View Listings

We have owned several Sunseeker motorhomes over the years and have been very impressed with. The quality is better and along with more options than the other comparable brands. The overall quality is at an advantage. The 3100SS model was the backbone of the 31ft Sunseeker Lineup for many years. Great outside and inside storage along with the Super Slide in the livingroom. In 2016 they discontinued the model. We then bought a 3010DS two slides with a similar layout to the 3100SS has been a great RV as well even though we lost quite a bit of outside storage. If you want to go smaller without the class B price tag I would recommend the 2290s. Easy to drive and operate. Coming from a service writer I would recommend the Sunseeker, Coachmen, and Forester models over the other comparable class c brands.
- Nick, New York

2018-10-31 2018 Forest River Sunseeker 3010DS View Listings

Went looking for an end of the year bargain on a new RV and ended up buying a new "2019" Sunseeker 3010DS. The 2018 we were looking at didn't have the full body paint I wanted but the dealer said they had a new 2019 coming in that did. I could have the 2019 at the same price plus for the paint so I did some research then put down my deposit and waited. Found out when finalizing the paperwork that the Ford portion is actually a 2018 model but the RV is a "2019" model. The only other hickup at delivery was we wanted the reclining couch which it didn't have even though we asked for it. Since these were not deal breakers we signed on the dotted line and drove off. Overall the fit and finish of the RV is OK. I wouldn't rate it as great. There are a lot of places where staples are visible holding veneer on in the interior that I had not noticed on the 2018 we looked at. The RTV sealant work on interior surfaces such as the shower and bathroom is pretty bad as far as cosmetics go. The RTV work on exterior things sticking through the roof is well done. The finish on the wood cabinets is OK but could be better. The exterior paint job I paid extra for is well done. After owning it a couple months and taking it on its first longish trip everything has worked fine and we've had only one serious functional issue. The water inlet hose to the fresh tank was kinked and we couldn't add water. The other problems were relatively minor; paint over the drivers side rear light over the power plug and the cargo bays under the coach were not sealed well. I mean they were seriously open to road dirt and grim from driving. I fixed the cargo bay seals with black RTV myself. At the same time I added some stainless steel floor panels to the bays to improve their appearance and wear resistance. The plastic is pretty thin and anything in there that slid around or shook during a long trip would probably wear through the floor quick. As far as the design goes, what we don't like is, well there isn't much or we wouldn't have bought this model. The one thing that has been a issue for us is you have to have the bedroom slide out in order to stock the bedroom because the cabinets/drawers are blocked. Since we have to street park having the slide hanging out over the sidewalk is a problem so we hurry up that part of our load out. The only other thing I would change design wise is the over the bed reading lights have a low and a flood setting and if you have it on low you have to put it on flood to turn it off. If you want to use it to get out of bed at night you can’t turn it off without turning on a very bright light. The dealer has been really helpful and responsive (Toscano in Los Banos Cal). They have addressed the things I’ve brought to them so no complaints there. We have had to go to Forest River with a couple of questions and their response has been poor to OK. I’m still waiting for an answer on the weight limit of the storage bays which is not in the literature or marked. They did respond within one day to my request for the model number (Pioneer AVH-X2800BS) of the front stereo after I misplaced it. Like all manufacturers the owners manual is pretty useless and figuring out things like how the TV’s are wired to hook up your own satellite system is impossible without their help or paying a dealer. The biggest complaint we have is that we were supposed to get a 2019 model year RV and what we got is a 2018. The paperwork says it’s a 2019 but it isn’t. There is more to it than the differences between a 2018 and 2019 ford chassis which are minor anyway. When we were deciding between the white 2018 on the lot ready to go and the "2019" with full body paint we did some research and found out the 2019 was suppose to have some upgrades that made it worth the while to wait, especially at a 2018 price. For example, we were told the 2019 would come with a lane departure warning system. Ours doesn't have that. We were also supposed to get a memory foam mattress which was standard in 2018 but optional in 2019. What we got is the 2019 standard Serta mattress that we've added a foam topper to because it just wasn't comfortable without one. As far as driving, we took it from central california to Las Vegas and saw some pretty strong winds which it handled well. Gas mileage without a toad was around 7 at 14,365 lbs, pretty close to the 14,500 max. Which is a big reason we went with the 3010 over the 3050. The 3050 floor plan empty weight is higher so we would have had less load capacity in the 3050. Ending on a positive note, what we really like about the 3010 is the overall layout when the slides are out. Plenty of room inside for the wife and our four dogs. The auto level system is great and easy to use. The amenities such as all LED lighting, awning speakers and built in entry steps are nice features. I just wish I had known it was not a full blooded 2018 or 2019 but was a hybrid.
- Steve Palm, California

2018-10-11 2013 Forest River Sunseeker 3100SS View Listings

This RV has been our experiment with Motorhoming and because of it we are selling and moving up to an A Class that’s more fully equipped. The challenge will be to find a floor plan nearly identical to this model because this is near perfect for us.
- John T Murrell, Florida

2018-09-08 2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2250 View Listings

This motor home is great for first time buyers. We bought this to see if we liked RING. We did and now we want something a little bigger. This motor home can be parked in a parking space . It is small enough where my wife can drive it . I also lIke the chevy 8 cylinder motor , it has plenty of power to move the motor home at highway speeds and up mountains. It is a great motor home for the price
- Anthony D Marotta, New Jersey

2018-07-18 2018 Forest River Sunseeker 3010DS View Listings

The Sunseeker 3010DSF is an excellent choice for a class c motor home. With the Riderite air bag suspension and the BigFoot Self Leveling system you will enjoy the ride and ease of setup where ever you go. We love the roominess and floor plan.
- Darrell Biellier, Missouri