Forest River Sierra Reviews on RV Insider (32)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Sierra RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Tyler Teeples from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River Sierra 357TRIP View Listings

We ordered a brand new Sierra select 357trip from a dealer here locally we special ordered this trailer to have all the options we wanted included. We received the trailer on or around April 22nd 2016 we were so excited to have our dream trailer actually wondering if we had bought too nice of a fifth wheel. We took delivery of the trailer and all was great towed the trailer to our home and shower family and friends. The trailer then sat on the side of our home for around a week, but the trailer was to long for our rv pad and so to accommodate our trailer we decided to move it next door to my inlaws rv pad. We hooked the trailer back up to the same truck we towed the trailer home with towed it around the block as to get it facing the correct direction to back it onto the rv pad. We started to back the trailer up with the help of my father in law when he noticed smoke coming from the front of the trailer he stopped me right away to check the source. As I approached the pin box on the trailer I noticed smoke coming from inside the box and found wiring to be burning and starting to ignite we then at that point lifted the front baggage door to check the battery at this point we were instantly emerssed in a cloud of dense smoke this is the point we found the inside of the baggage compartment to be on fire as well. Instantly wanting to put the flame out I went to grab the fire extinguisher out of the trailer, and when I depressed the plunger the extinguisher would not work. I then started for the hose and my father in law continued to mess with the extinguisher eventually getting it to work enough to put out the flame. At this point we entered the inside of the trailer to find the entire interior full of smoke as well. I put the slide out and entered the upper bedroom to find major amounts of smoke Determined through my inspection there was no fire inside the trailer just dense smoke. At this point as the situation became less high alert and we both realized the smoke detectors in the trailer never went off during all of this. This discovery is one of the most disturbing parts cause if my wife and our two small children would have been asleep in the trailer we may have never got out alive. At this point I called the dealer and they assured me that everything was going to be ok and that forest river stands behind the quality of their product. The next morning the trailer was taken back to the dealer to get instructions from forest river on what to do to remedy the situation. At this point in my complaint I would like to remind that this $40000 + fifth wheel was maybe 2-3 weeks old and never even been slept in. Forest river then instructed the dealer to replace all the burnt wiring and have smoke treatment if needed. Not do whatever is needed to get this brand new trailer to brand new condition or if unable to accomplish that offer a replacement or compensation for the loss. I then called scott in the warranty dept at forest river and was told by him that they would be unable to do anything more then they were going to, and there was no way to replace or make right. I then recived a number for a Curtis and called and left 4 messages with no return call of any kind. I fully expect a replacement trailer so that I can have the brand new trailer I paid $43000 for and not some fire damaged smoke filled trailer that we don't feel safe using.
- Tyler Teeples , Utah

2020-06-20 2018 Forest River Sierra 378FB View Listings

We lived in this 5th wheel trailer for 1-1/2 years before moving into our house. It is comfortable and convenient. One of the best features is the 1/2 bath just inside the entry door. There is plenty of storage space and the stackable washer and dryer gives added convenience. The trailer is easy to tow and maneuver. It is a great choice for full timers or weekend travelers. I highly recommend it.
- Louis Emerson, New York

2020-06-18 2020 Forest River Sierra 384QBOK View Listings

I Purchased this RV as our families first in the summer of 2019. This was bought brand new off of the lot in Maryland which was only three hours away from my most local dealer who wanted $10,000 more for the same exact model. After purchasing the RV we took a few trips in it, and late Summer we sprung a hydraulic leak when leaving from a trip. After three months of arguing with forest river(entire fall camping season) they finally picked it up brought it to Indiana to have it “repaired“. I was initially told that I had to take it four (4) hours away to have repairs done because their dealers do not have to adhere to the warranty terms or repairs unless it was purchased directly from them. I actually had a local dealer try to shake me down for $250 to bring it in under warranty repair and Forrest River did nothing . They finally picked it up three months after being notified, and brought it to Indiana to have it repaired this winter. It was returned in two months with a notification that everything was repaired. This summer we are just planing for our first trip and while De-winterizing it; the undercarriage filled up with about 60 or so gallons of water. Needless to say if I could give this thing back yesterday I would. Do not purchase a forest river product! They are built like crap, and their customer service is even worse. Do you self a favor purchase something different. I’ve been unfortunate enough to be paying for an RV for 11 months and I’ve only been able to use it four times.
- Dennis Kleiner, New Jersey

2020-06-12 2005 Forest River Sierra 30RLWS View Listings

I have owrd an rv. Love the smsll feel i lived in it for 8 years. Pulled it every where. In Louisiana Texarkana Arkansas. Lufkin. Brougjt my son from the hospital to home. He grew up in it we traveled everywhere in our little. I like being able to just park and setup
- Barbara Bush, Texas

2020-06-08 2015 Forest River Sierra 355RE View Listings

The 5th wheel was exactly what we expected. It is beautiful and comfortable. After we bought it we found it had a few hiccups but we have since learned all RV's do. We went back to the dealer and had work done on the warranty without a hitch. It is still the best RV we have ever owned.
- C. Clarke, Florida

2020-06-02 2017 Forest River Sierra 393RL View Listings

Our RV Trailer is over 3 years old. We use it as a weekend get a way on the Parker River. We LOVE IT! We have NOT had any issues with the RV so far and it stays cool in the SUPER HOT SUMMER Desert. Highly recommend this RV trailer if looking for great comfort and nice luxury camping.
- Brett M., Arizona

2020-02-08 2018 Forest River Sierra 387MKOK View Listings

We really like the floor plan and multiple bathrooms. It tows well. But the quality is not great but about what you would expect for a middle quality fifth wheel. We had the usual multiple problems after purchasing it and had to take it in to Camping World who took forever to repair. So I had to do a lot of repairs myself.
- Clois Moultrie, Missouri

2019-09-27 2018 Forest River Sierra 372LOK View Listings

We bought this camper in September 2018, we love this rig, during the first year we kept a list of anything at all that we didn't like it wanted corrected. Our dealer corrected everything on our list before the end of the warranty and did so with no issues. We have traveled extensively in it and love it. I think it has to do with the dealer you go to, we met someone that came up to us in Watkins Glen NY this summer, and they had bought the 2019, they ask for help learning things as there dealer couldn't answer there questions. My husband doesn't an hour with he and his wife and now there extremely happy. Just make sure to pick a dealer that actually knows something a out campers.
- Carol Conder, Illinois

2019-09-16 2009 Forest River Sierra 375QBQ View Listings

We have had this fifth wheel for 6 years as a seasonal experience. We have a family of 5 and felt very comfortable with lots of room in this 40 ft lg. trailer. The kids enjoy the bunk room where it has a separate door and very large space to watch TV, play games or just hang out with friends. The trailer is very clean and well taken care of. The trailer is well built with aluminum structure. All of the beds have been upgraded to very nice mattresses.
- Chris Losee, Michigan

2019-09-15 2019 Forest River Sierra 387MKOK View Listings

Bought brand new 8 weeks ago. First time out ac goes bad, leveling system flashes red and won’t work from outside. The Auto hitch has never worked. Light fixture in bedroom was missing.The main one control center went bad, one jack leaking fluid. Carried back to dealer who kept it 4 weeks. Just got it back and first time out. Control center goes bad again not allowing you to turn gas water heater on. Awning won’t open and now the toilet is pouring water into the floor. Level system still won’t work and outside level control still bad. Can’t get any help from Bankston motor homes in Huntsville al. My wife called service told them about control center not working causing her to not have any hot water and pissed for having to take a cold shower. Service managers exact words was. WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ABOUT IT? Maybe your job. Stay away from this brand and Bankston motor homes. Beware. Beware. Beware.
- Greg anthony , Alabama

2019-04-05 2019 Forest River Sierra 387MKOK View Listings

I have an outside kitchen. When you open the slide and lift up the rug .... the whole outside is exposed . Forest River has sent two replacement kits to repair this problem. It’s still a problem. I can’t understand how they wouldn’t see this at the factory.
- JOANNE GRAZIANO, New Hampshire

2019-01-06 2018 Forest River Sierra 378FB View Listings

Is impossible to get anybody to help with warranty claims is absolutely imposition to talk to a person never returned calls . [dealer] and management dont care abouth a small simple problem im rv buyer change rv average on 3 years i will not recommended any sierra or forest River product only because customers service.small piece of advice hire a answering service in india o any place to answer you telefons i made over 57 call is amazing no one anwer if you have any question pls call me 770 3697247 fernando i new unhappy client. Sorry but is yhe honest reviews
- Fernando m, Georgia

2018-11-01 2017 Forest River Sierra 30IOK View Listings

This 5th has been amazing, from the layout, to the solid build, tows smoothly, it’s all awesome! The large shower is great for myself and my tall husband, the outdoor kitchen area gets used all the time, so handy. Roomy living and kitchen space allows for maximum comfort. This rig doesn’t disappoint!
- Lindsay Rader, California

2018-06-11 2019 Forest River Sierra 381RBOK View Listings

First off the phoneline for the HQ "front desk" goes NOWHERE if you don't know an extension number. The dealer that sold it to us never followed through with repairs on several things that were wrong! The dealer also was supposed to give us a cover for the front end and we got this huge wooden piece of crap! We paid extra for the "weather proofing" and Scotchguarding and it was NEVER put on! Drawers don't work. Panels coming apart. Poor workmanship in hallway. Poor design in hallway. They were supposed to follow through on several things and did NOTHING! Would I ever buy one again? NO!
- Dan DeVorkin, Washington

2018-06-05 2011 Forest River Sierra 35LOFT View Listings

This is good for a family with children. The loft is good for play area and sleeping. The back room has a toy box in the floor and a letter drop in the door. Back room also has a trap door to the loft with a latter. Also the loft has a place for a TV.
- Royce Spiceland, Texas

2018-02-01 2017 Forest River Sierra 393RL View Listings

Bought new to live in full time ceiling fan in bedroom noisy , one a/c had to be repaired lights only half worked . Very poor quality workmanship January 2018 vent fan in bath quit more lights went out replaced myself , no support from factory warranty had threaten with lawsuit to get fixed first time .
- Paul , North Carolina

2017-11-29 2017 Forest River Sierra 376BHOK View Listings

Please believe all the bad reviews. We didn't and are now stuck with a $50000 trailer that is delaminating, slide outs Hydraulics landing gear don't work, floors that don't level on slide outs, floors that crack, doors that don't shut properly, and shower vents that don't line up, refrigerator that rubs molding, window shades that are not slow rise, and more than 200 characters can list. Most disheartening is forest river people won't call you back only e-mail after months of daily attempts. If you choose not to heed warnings (like myself) saying "people are just nasty" them welcome to my world. They"ll fix it but we'll have a brand new special ordered rebuilt camper. Oh yeah the shower trap was not even hooked up. Not a first time buyer this is my 3rd 5th wheel and 4th camper over all. So help my God
- Charlie, Pennsylvania

2017-11-29 2017 Forest River Sierra 376BHOK View Listings

- Charlie, Pennsylvania

2017-09-27 2018 Forest River Sierra 378FB View Listings

Have only used it once for a week, started by noticing the slide damaged the cheep flooring, then noticed how poor the quality was of the paper covered woodwork. if you aren't careful it's very easy to scratch off the paper and expose the wood. Also noticed how low the shower area is, almost have to bend over to take a shower and I'm just a hair under 6' tall. Like the layout and ease of use of the automatic leveling system. This RV is definitely not a high quality unit, the support from the factory when you are a new customer is terrible, you get an answering machine and never a return call.
- James J Pellicciotti, Arizona

2017-07-18 2016 Forest River Sierra 377FLIK View Listings

The air-conditioning is awful too many slides and just to big for it can't even maintain a 20 degree differential love the floor plan but hate the ac looking to trade it in on something that has good air I bought this unit in Jan so REALLY didn't get to ck out air the units were checked and they put out cold air trailer just can't hold it
- Jerry Griffin, Texas

2017-06-15 2008 Forest River Sierra 345RET View Listings

This is my second fifth well overall quality excellent livability is excellent really enjoyed it for the last nine years bought it brand-new we have decided to go in a different direction and I'm having some Medical issues a excellent unit
- Steven Brandell, Ohio

2017-06-03 2017 Forest River Sierra 377FLIK View Listings

Love this floor plan and quality of this unit! Very well made with attention to details. Loads of storage! Only downside is they use to much Brown in the decor. I have seen lots of negative reviews for Forest River but I have to disagree!
- Sawyer, Florida

2017-05-16 2014 Forest River Sierra 355QBQ View Listings

Forrest river trailers are junk, and the customer service sucks. I pulled my bump out 6 times since I owned it and the bump out ripped out half the wires because of cheap workmanship and cheap quality products. When I ask for help they said there was nothing they could do. The owner said he refused to help out even after multiple attempts to ask. I also had several other things that went wrong but I only have so much space to write.
- Jason Manuola, New Jersey

2017-04-16 2013 Forest River Sierra 366FL View Listings

Would not recommend this trailer nor any Forest River trailers as there has been nothing but continuous problems with this trailer and no help from Forest River to rectify all the problems very poor workmanship inside this trailer and Forest River personnel could care less about helping buyer to rectify all the problems with the first problem starting two week's after purchase followed by continuous phone calls to them and especially trying to deal with the vice president of manufacturing and they don't return calls to them nor follow thru with there promises they make to buyer. Bottom line they have there money and can careless about standing by what they manufacture. Very disappointed for purchasing this trailer and would not recommend to any one to purchase any trailer manufactured by Forest River.
- Ronn Lee Sr, Arizona

2017-03-22 2014 Forest River Sierra 365SAQB View Listings

Here is our experience so far. Forrest river did pay 3000$ in repairs when out of warranted. FIXED Rv probs Horrible noise in bunk room slides. Need lube where I can not get to and did not know. They fixed. Cypher lock broke. They fried 2nd one. 3rd one in by me. Closet flex. Closet corner Was all split open. They fixed. Steps weld broke(they hit). I took off got welded and put on. Slide out taken in 2 times for leak. Took back 2nd time had to remove slide and weld roller support. They put Bed back together wrong. I fixed it and reinstalled strut. Also trim was coming off. Back Delaminated probably due to water leak fm them replacing and not sealing good both rear led lights and lic bracket. I had to replace both outdoor kitchen slam door struts. I fixed reefer. It Lost ground due to corrosion from condensation. They hit front filon and had to replace the whole thing. Trim work was awfull I redid all of it. Wind blew table into metal trim by outdoor kitchen. Replaced by insurance. Poor repaint job by dealer on ft cap. I polished it to make as good as can. Both front led lights burned out. They replaced. Tv broke. They install new one. Tv Fell off when went to use it. Broke/ruined mount for Tv on tv I fixed it. Antenna o ring missing. Rebuilt it and installed o ring. Awning clip came off and pin slipped. I fixed it. 4 hours to get back on. Also found all fasteners at top of awning mounts stripped and few pulling out. Put mollys in and redid all with oversized one in. Inside kitchen faucet leaked. I got free parts and rebuilt it. Light above booth area one of the fixtures went bad. Had replaced Fantastic fan stopped working. Switch was corroded. I fixed. Main Bedroom side table very loose. I fixed it. Bunk room storage area had 2 separating shelves, I fixed all the separations. Reefer condensate drain not seal good. Fixed so sealed now and drains. Light fixture in stove vent shorted out. Had them put in new fixture. Slide carpet seam was fraying. I hand sewed it. Main slide gasket was ripped. Had them install new one. Wire came off to ground hydronic pump, landing gear and slides not work. Was poor crimp. Re did it now works fine.
- Roy, Virginia