Forest River Salem Villa Classic RVs Reviews (4)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Salem Villa Classic RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Curt from Texas says:

Have you owned any Forest River Salem Villa Classic RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Forest River Salem Villa Classic 4002Q View Listings

The livability and floor plan are great for our life style. Quality and support leave a lot to be desired. We live in it full time and the manufacture states this voids the warranty. The dealer provides no mobile service. This seems to be true though out the industry. My trailer had many minor repair problems that had to be fixed by a independent contractor that I had to pay for. All of these problems should have been fixed by the dealer. Sell it and get it off the lot. Unhappy camper!
- Curt, Texas

2018-12-28 2015 Forest River Salem Villa Classic 39FDEN View Listings

We purchased our park model Salem in 2015. We had a number of issues within the 1st month after purchase....ie: bathroom tap wouldn't shut off, patio blind was broken & the shower doors weren't mounted properly. We had a long list of poor manufacturing. But, the biggest being a slow leak in the PVC shower pipe. We discovered the black covering under the trailer was sagging. We made a small hole & water ran out! I called Forest River & refused any assistance because it was last the warranty. Even though it was a manufacturing default...the clamps were never tightened. I sent pictures & video to no avail. We had to hire a repair guy & pay out of pocket $1,000+. I will never purchase from this company again.....do your homework & you will see that they have been sued under the Lemon law a few times. They are shady as hell!!!! BUYER BEWARE
- Rhonda Kunkel, Ontario

2018-07-31 2018 Forest River Salem Villa Classic 402QBQ View Listings

We want to like this trailer, but: delivered with too many defects and poor workmanship. Most switches and outlets mounted crooked. Most drawer slides had screws missing or loose. Shower drain leaked and water didn’t even reach the drain because shower pan was oil canning up and down, depending where you stepped. Cabinetry has numerous scuffs and nicks from poor handling during installation. Roller shades seldom lock into position. Roof mounted A/C leaks air under rubber roofing and inflated it like a balloon. Servicing dealer techs are nice and friendly, but their work is rough and inept. I’m not going to recommend this brand to anyone and feel disappointed by the overall lack of quality and warranty support by the dealer.
- Eric, North Dakota

2017-06-23 2015 Forest River Salem Villa Classic 402QBQ View Listings

The dealer in NJ has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with in any business. They will not help you and they blame you for anything that is wrong. Forest river is a difficult company to deal with. We had a leak and requested to the dealer to send a rep from Forest River to assess the damage because they wanted my trailer in their warehouse to do repairs after screwing up other issues we had.I was told that Forest River doesn't send reps out to look at trailers. How can you sell RV and not have field reps. Don't buy a new travel trailer today. They are built cheap and will fail one way or another. I paid $30,000.00 for my trailer 1 year ago and forest river has offered to $500 to a repair that is costing over $5000. What a joke
- Bill, New Jersey