Forest River Salem RVs Reviews (42)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Salem RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Mike from Michigan says:

Have you owned any Forest River Salem RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River Salem 27RKSS View Listings

Well I'm not going to say I dislike it, I love the floor plan it has excellent space ergonomics are pretty good for the most part. However the standard of quality and craftsmanship ..... Well now that leaves something to be desired. I understand that this isn't a house but for what I paid for this unit I expected some quality. First of all let me start by telling you this is a brand new 2017 Salem 27RKSS we have used it 3 times. It does not tow well, this is not my towing ability I have been pulling trailers of all shapes and sizes for 30 years. By far this is the worst RV I have ever pulled. I have seen forums that other people are having the same issue and I have seen one other being pulled and he himself was having the same problem. Every time a car or truck would pass you it made the coach swerve all over the road. Mind you I don't tow mine over 60 miles per hour. The other issues I have are quality issues, my seam tape falling off the bathroom wall not to mention they never ever ran it all the way to the ceiling. My draperies falling off the wall from towing it down the highway, and they are hung crooked. I have sawdust and dirt smeared down in the caulking in my shower, the hook for the bedroom door has been knocked off twice because of poor location of mounting. I would move it except I want my warranty to cover it and don't misunderstand I'm not saying they won't or have denied any claims but as I said we have only used it 3 times. There was staples I had to pound in on the booth so it wouldn't rip the fabric on the cushions , our chairs had scratches in them the table top had a big scratch and the one they replaced it with is warped, the blinds won't stay up not to mention when you try to push them up they don't fold right so they're all wrinkled and creased now. I'm sure I have missed a few things but you get the picture. Would I recommend this camper to anyone? Not even a stranger.
- Mike, Michigan

2019-11-03 2001 Forest River Salem T26 View Listings

2001 Salem T26 Travel Trailer Are you looking for a travel trailer to take the family out to make memories or just to have a good time in? Look no further this trailer is very spacious and is in Good Condition. Rear Bedroom with queen size bed separated by a BIG bathroom in center with very big cabinets, shower, sink and toilet. Living room area includes a couch that slides out, rocking chair and entertainment center. The Kitchen has plenty of cabinets and counter space, booth style table, refrigerator, microwave and stove/oven all in good condition. Air conditioner/heater through out. Also included 2 newer Batteries and 2 propane tanks. Registration is up to date. This travel trailer is Clean and ready to go! MUST SEE!
- Christie, California

2019-10-02 2019 Forest River Salem 26DBLE View Listings

We have a 2019 Salem 26DBLE. 1. From the start, this unit has been a problem child. After towing it 3 hours home, we had a hard time opening the door. Then it would not close. Apparently, the solid step that folds into the doorway was not securely attached and bounced back and forth providing an unwanted adjustment to the door frame. Called our dealer and they said to just beat on the door frame with a hammer. 2. Installed a TV. The antenna did not work. After doing a little trouble shooting, we found a bad connection in the head unit on the roof. 3. This unit was to be pre-wired for a rear Furrion camera. When I went to install the camera the wiring was either never installed or no longer accessible. 4.The bathroom mirror frame came apart. Was replaced as a warranty claim. 5. We currently have a hot skin issue when plugged into shore power. It occurs when the solid step is down on the ground. No issue if we put a mat under the step. 6. Kitchen window is now leaking. 7. Now the brakes are no longer working properly. With brake controller set a max gain the trailer brakes barley engage. I Jacked up the trailer and preformed the manual brake adjustment process on each wheel. No difference. Tested with 3 different tow vehicles with the same results. I contacted Forrest River Customer Service asking for suggestions. The response I got back from a Customer Service Rep was: “I apologize that you are having this issue with your camper. Unfortunately I don’t have any suggestions as I don’t work on the units myself. Did you happen to get it back to your selling dealer so they could take a look and reach out to their warranty rep here if necessary?” I responded that my selling dealer is 3 hours away and I had no plans to tow the trailer that far without properly functioning brakes. I have received no reply. The poor quality of their Customer Server matches the poor quality of their product.
- Fred, Michigan

2019-09-23 2016 Forest River Salem 27RKSS View Listings

We have had a couple of issues. Air conditioner quit but was replaced at 0 cost by warantee. Love rear kitchen but worry about all that weight rear of the axels. Microwave had a blank panel next to it which I made into another cabinet by adding a door. Dont know why this was not done at the factory. No other problems except minor things that are expected. Made some mods like a door jam and lock for bedroom door, hinged access doors for water heater bypass access, hinged door for furnace access, furnace filter rack and filter (for dog hair) and shelves in bedroom closets. Other than a few minor things are happy with trailer. Construction quality could be better but not unexpected.
- Frank Neidenbach, Missouri

2019-09-05 2016 Forest River Salem 27RKSS View Listings

2016 32BHDS DO NOT BUY!!! These trailers are so poorly made it almost makes you wonder if they tried it. Craftsmanship is incredibly poor. Once you use it a couple of times you realize that you had the wool pulled over your eyes. Had a sink faucet brake off water everywhere, trim pulling away from walls, doors needing adjusted to work properly, grill in back completely rusted out and unusable in 2 years. Bed hinges broke, shades falling off. 3 leaks in camper when it rains.Not to mention the junk Chinese tires that blow out on you. Had 3 blowouts in under 200 miles.do yourselves a favor and don't make the mistake we did, stay away from Forest River. Hope the salesman enjoyed his commission because he'll never get another one from me.
- Cam, Pennsylvania

2019-09-01 2016 Forest River Salem 191RDXL View Listings

Definitely wouldn't recommend buying this model of trailer,since we got it two years ago everything has literally been falling apart the fridge, the furniture started peeling, the Dinette table got wobbly, there's always sawdust coming out of everywhere, they didn't screw some of the furniture in right, the seats wore out super fast it's just extremely poor quality and I would never ever purchase this again. The RV place we went to also sold us on some warranty that literally doesn't cover anything that's been wrong with it and we've just been super disappointed with the whole experience, I personally blame us for not doing our research beforehand but also the dealers they sold us on crap
- Isabel Mendoza, Idaho

2019-08-13 2014 Forest River Salem 27RLSS View Listings

They're built cheap. It has a thin top roof but it was not installed correctly. Something is wrong if they expect you to keep piling on caulk all around the roof. It's now 6 years old and the screws are rusty. The aluminum skin collects condensation inside the walls and probably rots out the wood. Two of the screws do not screw I to anything and never did! I am not happy with this travel trailer.
- Preston Monaghan, Texas

2019-08-08 2019 Forest River Salem 26DBUD View Listings

We purchased our Salem 26DBUD (first travel trailer we have ever purchased) in the spring of 2019. The service and support we have received from the dealership (Hilltop RV, Escanaba, MI.) has been outstanding. The actual trailer is junk. We have had it in for warranty work at lease three times now. Issues have included but not limited to big bulge in the siding, the face of the slide out is separating from the sides, bent stabilizer jack, several pieces of trim pulled away from the walls, broken screen, broken cabinet face, bottom of kitchen cabinet is pulling up, interior of storage area pulled away from the wall and the insulation falling down from the outside of the trailer. Needless to say these are the things I actually found. It seems like every time we go camping I find more and more issues. We are now contemplating trading this one in for a different brand. I would highly recommend you steer clear of Forest River products unless you like your camper spending more time in the shop then actually camping.
- Jason, Wisconsin

2019-08-05 2002 Forest River Salem 26BH View Listings

I have a 2002 salem lite, it pulls great, and i love the floorplan, but the quality isnt there.while replacing the roof i found many studs and roof trusses were not nailed or screwed down. You could see where they had missed and kept going. That is my biggest reason for the low review. I live in my camper quite often, i use it to travel for work, and keep up all maintaince, an i will say all accessories seem to function well.
- David, Ohio

2019-07-04 2018 Forest River Salem T30QBSS View Listings

Absolutely horrible quality. We have owned this trailer for only a year. So far.. the manual slide crank has fallen off, the front cap is pulling away, The slide gears came disengaged, Slide framing has falled off, Oven backsplash peeling away, Microwave frame has snapped, Steps are VERY loose, The bed platform sags, Wall edging is falling out, Water line screwed threw during manufacturing, Entry door is misaligned, And theres other things that I'm sure I'm forgetting at this point. It is sad and disconcerting. Avoid the Salem or forest river at all cost.
- Mwray8909, California

2019-05-24 2020 Forest River Salem 26DBUD View Listings

This has been an experience I do not wish to repeat. We bought our unit and were excited to take it out on its maiden voyage. We went on a 2200 mile East coast road trip and at EVERY stop we has issues. First the bathroom vanity for fall off and broke. Yes we has the bungee cord on it the whole time. Then the fridge/freezer doors wouldn't stay closed even with the "lock" on. After we lost a half a gallon of orange juice down the vents and all over the whole back of the unit we found a Wal-Mart and bought child locks which solved that issue, but not before the fridge door was dented from the dinette. The bedroom door latch ripped out of the door making the door slam back and forth eventually knocking it off the track and damaging the door and track. There are a lot of little defects that should not be there on a brand new unit including water heater issues. The skylight was cracked we unknowingly bought it like that) and we has water pouring in the shower(thank goodness it was the shower skylight). The icing on the cake was we kept noticing water pooling in the two large window tracks in the slide out after some investigation we found the windows were installed upside down. Yes, we took it back for repairs. No it wasn't to our sanctification, or the dealership's. Forest River came to them and "fixed" it. They took out the windows and turned them around WITH OUT REPLACING THE SEALS! The vanity will not close and hinge looks used and rusted (this is a 2020 unit),the bedroom door is still missing parts, there are missing trim pieces in the bunk area. For the skylight that had running water on the ceiling and down the walls all they did was replace the skylight, not the panelling that got wet. All these things were supposed to be fixed by Forest River. A repair guy from forest river was supposed to come down and never showed up. We went back to the dealership, they kept calling and trying to get someone down for repairs, when they finally did show up they didn't do a professional job. We are working with our dealership to fix the issues because I don't trust Forest River to make it right. If your looking for a 26 DBUD I would definitely say BUYER BEWARE!
- Sarah Danzy, Indiana

2019-04-26 2016 Forest River Salem 27RKSS View Listings

Forest river are some of the poorest made. Cheap interior and furnishings, falling apart after 2 years. I would look at any other mantfacture. Chairs are breaking dinette cushions are spliting at seams, appliances are the cheapest they could by at a premium price.
- Paul Shelton , California

2019-02-20 2015 Forest River Salem 27RKSS View Listings

Nothing good to say about Forest River, warranty problems, company does not stand behind their product. Purchased new 5th wheel in 2015, serviced more than we’ve been able to use. Carry a cooler on each trip because refrigerator has failed each time we’ve used our camper. Forest River refuses to replace. Crack in tub, thermostat stopped working, crack in slide, miss match cabinets we didnt discover until we used the camper. Returned to manufacturer, put back through the manufacturing line, returned to us with 3 NEW problems. Unfortunately we didn’t do our homework, impulse purchase at Sport and vacation show.
- Laura Williams, Florida

2019-02-17 2015 Forest River Salem 27RKSS View Listings

We have nothing but great comments to say about our Salem and our dealer where we made our purchase. [Dealer] in Hot Springs Arkansas is a First Class Dealership and Service Department.
- BOB THREADGILL, Arkansas

2019-01-19 2014 Forest River Salem 27RLSS View Listings

Very disappointed! Purchased new and there’s only my wife and I using it. Less that 3,000 mile on it and the axles have to be replaced. Our extended warranty will cover the axles. BUT it will not cover the shipping. NOR does it cover the cost of four new tires. Disgusting. Where is pride in workmen’s? Where is be American buy American?
- John Howard , Connecticut

2018-10-22 2015 Forest River Salem 27RKSS View Listings

This is like a small apartment on wheels. It's comfortable and livable and has a decent amount of privacy for two people. The only issue is the length: it's long, especially including the truck length.
- CJ, Virginia

2018-10-07 2015 Forest River Salem 31KQBTS View Listings

He enjoyed are Salem 31 foot trailer the only reason we are getting rid of it is because we are trying to buy a house it is great entertainment for the family very comfortable this is my first Salem trailer but I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
- Shari Wymer, Michigan

2018-08-28 2015 Forest River Salem 31KQBTS View Listings

We are only selling the trailer because we are trying to buy the house very nice for entertaining lots of room for camping the outside kitchen is extra nicely for cooking when you're outside nice stainless steel appliances
- Shari wymer, Michigan

2018-08-07 2015 Forest River Salem 27RKSS View Listings

Excellent floor plan; just like a little apartment! Super comfortable for a couple with pets. The quality has held up great, and when I had a question about the furnace it was easy to figure out. The only downside is that it's a long camper which sometimes makes parking it an adventure, but I love it!
- Christine, Virginia

2018-06-25 2018 Forest River Salem 31KQBTS View Listings

We just purchased our new Salem trailer. This is the first time in my life that I must say I feel ripped off. The workmanship is absolutely horrible. I don't know why something like this even gets to leave the factory. There are scratches all over the place. The bathroom fan his crooked and only three screws fastened to the ceiling. One of the seats on the dinning area is not even square. The radio is not working properly.The shelf under the TV area is way off level. I've only had it three weeks and now we find out that there is a leak under the sink. The hot water line was only hand tightened and leaked without notice. Now the floor part of that cabinet is coming apart. I will never ever purchase from this manufacture again.
- Jean Cantin, Ontario

2018-05-31 2018 Forest River Salem 27REI View Listings

after first camping trip the kitchen island had a big water leak in the corner of the island air condioner would not cool down at all kitchen drawer was put on crooked door would seal shut when the weather would get warm after second trip toilet leaked trim around tires falling off trim above chairs falling down trim behind couch falling off shelf in kitchen cabinet fell down already have a parking light out
- michael seymour, Indiana

2018-01-22 2010 Forest River Salem 171RBXL View Listings

The trailer is adorable very roomy and lots of storage. I love the full kitchen and bath the appliances also heating Air works good too even in Southern California the slide outs Are electric and that makes it very easy and towing in nice over all I would rate the trailer a 10 plus
- Amanda lazrovich, California

2017-09-16 2008 Forest River Salem 27RKSS View Listings

We bought this trailer for a living. It 2008, may be its a normal. But it have some roof leaks. So its a not a big deal fix it. Point of my review is quality of everything, carpet, cabinets, plumbing, electricity, I constantly find interior details and other trailer devices made by the non-professional hands. the interiors of the cabinets are handled with an ax, broken sofas, curved and oblique walls, a rusting frame and a base, something like laid wires and pipes, crookedly nailed to a thousand clips of the edge of the cabinets. staggered dining table, curve and not a tightly closing door. what kind of people did it? Who had the impudence to glue the flag of America on the wall at the entrance with a model of this nightmare on 5 wheels? for whom did this not cheap and not high-quality trailer? Hello! Forest River! Are you out of your mind ?! I saw old trailers about 1984, with more high quality than you made. Its a shame of American trailers market!!!
- Alex, Washington

2017-09-04 2016 Forest River Salem 27RKSS View Listings

We had a problem with the air conditioner failure. Dealer replaced under warrantee. Interior and exterior quality just average. Had to caulk corners on roof. There was caulk overaping the tv antenna base which caused the rotation to fail. The long shade by the dinette slide out was installed crooked. A little fishy to pull in a cross wind or when being passed by big rigs at highway speeds. The interior has adequate room for the 4 dogs we travel with. Large kitchen area is nice. There is a blanked off area to the left of the microwave. I removed the panel and installed a 10 x 22 cabinet door which gave me a nice additional cabinet to store tall items. Don't know why this was not standard. Overall what is to be expected for a mid priced travel trailer.
- Frank Neidenbach, Missouri

2017-08-09 2014 Forest River Salem 27RKSS View Listings

We bought this RV from someone who used it 3 to 4 times, we got a really good deal on it, but sone things I have noticed. Shades are terrible and have broken when you push them up, the crease and its a pain to get them to follow the folds. The roof had to have some more caulk in areas that was never done. A drain pipe had inproper slope, had to be fixed. The c channel that the stabilizers bolt to had 2 platics nubs that were rubbing on my holding tank, lucky I caught it in time. Inside speakers are not loud enough when watching a dvd, while air is on. It tow's good and all appliances work well.
- Matt, Michigan