Forest River Salem Hemisphere

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Salem Hemisphere RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Ken Baker from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 282RK View Listings

This is a great RV. I purchased it Dec 2015 and have used it several times this spring/summer. It is very comfortable for 4 and easy to tow. I have had NO issues at all with the Unit. The quality is superb.
- Ken Baker, Texas

2021-10-09 2021 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 273RL View Listings

If your job at manufacturing is to connect the island sink drain line, at least take the time to make sure you dont cross thread the connection. Not even 1 night sleeping in the trailer and fixing already. Scared of what's coming next as I have to live in this for the next year building a HOSPITAL! Hopefully it gets better.
- Clay Starkweather, South Carolina

2021-08-29 2021 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 310BH View Listings

total piece of crap. only thing worse is camping world. Over 10 things do not work. No customer service. Been waiting 5 months for registration. Just going to get an attorney and sue Camping world and return this new piece of shit.
- ss, Iowa

2021-06-02 2021 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 283RK View Listings

We picked up our RV in Jan. We've had the trailer out twice now and loved it both times. Very comfortable and spacious. We got the free standing chair option. The pull out sofa is comfortable as well, our adult daughter slept in it. We opted to add a slide topper, which I was very glad about since it rained for 24 straight hours our last trip. I've towed it about 1500 miles combined the two trips, with a Ford F150, with an equalizer 4 way weight distribution hitch. No problemo. Initially, we did have some electrical work done under warranty, seems that the wires dragged on the ground during transport. Otherwise we've had no problems.
- dan, Maryland

2021-05-18 2021 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 310BH View Listings

Purchased at forest River Hemisphere 283rk the end of February 2021 The quality control for Forest River must not exist. First at the dealership. The gutter was damaged. This took 4 hours to fix so we could leave. The trip home was not fun with the low quality China bombs mounted on the rims. The trailer did not track good down the road. I went right to my tire guy and had some 12 ply tires mounted. Trailering is 90% better now , with an occasional sway. -There were 3 screens that have holes in them. - missing the outside kitchen sink drain plug -missing the snap covers on valances -had to adjust the slideout . So it would seal and not leak. - the screen door had to come off and reset so it would not have a gap and rub on the steps - I had to seal all the butchered up hole/ pipe penetrations with foam on the plastic covers under the trailer. Some 3” . They went crazy with a saws all - the lights do not work on the outside speakers - there was silicone smeared all over the exterior of the coach. - there was silicone smeared all over the couch - the shower was not sealed. Leaked on the floor. - the valance above the large window behind the recliners fell off. - there was a 1 1/2” hole in the floor under the table I had to fill with silicone - the two windows that open behind the recliners do not close properly. - the bracket that holds the spare tire to the bumper, bolts were hand tight. All this with one trip home and 2 camping trips so far. These are things that are easy to see. The RV should of not been aloud to leave the factory until it was right. Could it be that my camper was possibly made at a daycare by 3 year olds. It looks as though it was. Good thing that I have been able to do all the repairs and warranty work myself. Otherwise it would be sitting for months at a repair shop.This is a Brand New camper. Forest River should be ashamed to put their name on this RV Also I have two of my buddies that have just purchased new Forest River Hemispheres too. Both have similar issues. I want to say that I have been able to get the warranty parts from where I purchased the RV. No problems there. Hey Forest River, how about sending me a paycheck for fixing all of your issues! I won’t hold my breath. Guaranteed to suffocate I purchased this pile to have fun in. Not have to work on it myself after every outing. I give Forest River a - 0 not the one star as shown. Note this is a Forest River Hemisphere 283 rk. Not the bh as shown. There was not an option for my model
- Duane Hidritch, Missouri

2021-03-16 2021 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 308RL View Listings

We purchased this Forest River Salem Hemisphere in December 2020. It took a while to get it due to economic situation, that was understandable, and we received it in January 2021. When delivered to us a fender skirt had cracks around the fasteners due to no support pieces installed. The trim pieces are coming loose, a valance come off the wall and the shower is busting up making it unusable, crushed heating duct in the island, a hole in a slide out material causing roof to require replacing, and a window busted out presumably in transit. For the above reasons, we are very unhappy with this RV and extremely disappointed in the craftsmanship or lack thereof. Forest River should be ashamed of this RV and their craftsmanship.
- Pam Landrum, Oklahoma

2021-01-18 2020 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 37FL View Listings

Purchased a 2020 in July of 2020. Have had issues since we pulled it off the lot. Drain lines not hooked up properly. Seal on slide out ripped off after 2nd use. Kitchen sink water lines blew on first trip out. It has been in shop to do repair work since November of 2020. Rv dealer says forrest river is the hold up on authorizing repairs. But, I paid almost 60,000 for a brand new camper that has been in the half the time I've owned it. Be aware if you purchase one. Would be great if forrest river would contact me and explain why this camper is such a diaster when it should be brand new and ready for the road when you buy it. You would think they would back the warranty and want to keep customers satisfied! This camper is what I needed to travel for my job but turned out the people at the dealership have seen it and been in it more than and it's still not done!!!
- Susan tallent, Oklahoma

2020-12-30 2021 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 310BH View Listings

2021 forest river! Piece of junk. Owned it for 1 month fridge doesn't work fresh water pump doesn't work two doors wont shut inside because the framing is crooked , kitchen sink faucet leaked at handle had to replace after it started spraying everywhere, Shower hose exploded on first shower had to replace, Grey water and black water level gauges are totally useless. Solar package was a con its just a plug no controller or function. We have cleaned out roughly 300lbs of saw dust wire stripped bits cutoffs and trash behind all the hidden access points. Blinds are all shredding apart on edges, dents dings poor finishes all around. Faux hardwood vinyl floor is bubbeling in some spots! Oh and the speakers for the radio lastet 2 days they now sound blown. Gutters outside are crooked and don't work, a 38000 dollar piece of crap, you have been warned! Please be aware , this camper looked like a million buxs when we toured it beautiful colors , led lights, big screen tv and fireplace etc., yea we got suckered big time, look behind the fancy stuff and remember the fancy is the cheapest crap from alibaba.com Oh yea, Propane hose for outside grill was missing on delivery. This is not a dealer problem its a forest river problem! Ill be posting this on social media and a youtube video is coming.
- Robert Theimer, North Carolina

2020-08-26 2015 Forest River Salem Hemisphere BH300 View Listings

This is a great model and layout. I have owned mine for 5.5 years and the minor problems were resolved by Forest River under warranty. The problems I encountered were cosmetic mostly, and stems from traveling down to West Virginia on bumpy roads and shifting of the trailer. The layout is awesome. The pantry is large and plenty of room to store food. The island is amazing. I love that I have a place to prep food, wash dishes, etc. and not be in the way of other people in the trailer. When my daughter was younger she would pack the bunkhouse full of friends and that was their personal space. Now that she's grown, I am able to have friends stay over and they have their own space and privacy. The bed that comes with the trailer is terrible though. Set aside some money to buy a mattress from Amazon. Super easy to order, open up and let it expand. The one they provide is just layers of foam. The shower is a bit tight, which is why I took away a star for livability. It is tough to shave your legs when there's no bench or anywhere to prop a foot up. The toilet being in the corner is nice though as you don't feel cramped when you are doing your business. The space next to the head of the bed is really nice for a clock, water, and odds and ends that are close by. It's wide so you don't have to worry about accidentally knocking over your beverage in the middle of the night. The overhang is a bit low, but I always knew it was there and never had a problem. And part of it might be because I added a 8" thick mattress to the unit so it was higher than the original one was. There is a ton of storage room in the trailer. Under the jackknife sofa there is storage, as well as both sides under the dinette. Storage above the bed and the sofa. A large upper and lower storage place as you walk in the door, which makes an ideal place for hanging leashes, keys, a light jacket, doggie poo bags, etc. Overall I highly recommend this model. I still get new people oohing and ahhing when I show them around!
- Brandi Lippincott, New Jersey

2020-07-25 2015 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 232IS View Listings

Joyful experience owning our 2015 232IS RV. Love the opposing slides , floor plan. Easy to pull with our 1500 Chevy. All the comforts of home. The bedroom could use more floor space to walk around but it s comfy. Just like home, we ve experienced some problems but everything was covered at no charge through our Warranty Forever. Best warranty ever, even replaced our AC and kitchen faucet Free! Not all dealers offer this warranty but find one that does. We re sure the warranty cost is hidden in the RV price but we couldn’t t find it. Would buy Forest River RV again. It”s all about enjoying the journey.
- Wake RVers, Virginia

2020-07-11 2014 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 312QBUD View Listings

Love everything about this Travel trailer. Overall quality fits with my previous RV experience. Thins work fine and havent let us down si far. Love the overall layout and the outdoor kitchen. We use this all the time.
- Darren Jeoply, Saskatchewan

2020-04-17 2020 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 37FL View Listings

Bought camper 5th wheel 5 days ago and have had nothing but issues, traded in a perfectly working 2019 keystone cougar 30RL for this one. First problem day 1, washer leaked all over floor from lid, underneath, they brought a new washer out, next problem , kitchen sink leaked, found out pipe wasn't long enough to drain, got that fixed, next problem, washer runs into black tank instead of grey tank, still not fixed, next prob you take a shower and not 2 min into shower water burst out of bathroom sink like a blow out all over the wall,ceiling n counters, still not fixed nor does anyone know why it does that, heat... you run heat it only heats bedroom n bathroom, no vents in living area. 2 in n kitchen but barely put out heat so it's freezing in living area. Not happy with this 50,000 crap camper
- Tony Whisenant , Alabama

2019-09-03 2017 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 372RD View Listings

Loved the unit when we bought it at the RV show in Green Bay WI in January of 2017. The dealership has been a complete nightmare to deal with ever since with minor and major issues. Currently we have a 8" crack by our bedroom slide both in the interior and exterior walls and can see straight outside the unit. Returned to the local dealership and now being told that a structural support may have been missed in the factory so they want to pick up the unit next month and return it to Indiana to be looked at. They are telling me that this may not be covered by manufactures warranty and I wont know who's paying the bill until after they look at it. What a joke when I have used the unit no more than 10 times since I picked it up. Unit has never been involved in any accidents either. Since we picked the unit up the master closet falls apart ever trip and i continue to repair it. I do not recommend this unit in any way shape or form.
- Mark Diedrick, Wisconsin

2019-09-02 2017 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 282RK View Listings

This thing has been a “hanger queen”! Too many problems to write about. Currently dealing with in all probability a power converter gone bad. If you don’t need a 10.6 cu ft fridge, buy some other brand. Our dealer nearby no longer buys Hemispheres due to incredibly poor quality control at the plant that assembled them. You need to be a licensed mechanic to own a Hemisphere. What can go wrong DOES go wrong. About 25 things needed repairs in first year including A/C, water heater, and plumbing. First six months of second year six things so far. 4 months still remaining.
- Bill H, Colorado

2019-09-01 2017 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 282RK View Listings

Extremely poor workmanship and zero quality control. That’s why the dearly near us no longer carries the Hemisphere line. They’re all made at one plant. Obviously the plant and how it runs is horrible. First year following problems: Bath sink cracked in 3 places. Most of the valances came off the wall. BR window no longer would open. Entry stairs fell IN during travel ruining bath door. Entry door, bath door, and BR door wouldn’t stay closed. BR door entry not square to the point door wouldn’t even close. None of the drawers would stay closed throughout. Screw in kitchen cabinet drilled right through the exterior skin of the RV. Spare tire was one turn of a screw from detaching from its mount. Overhead speakers became detached from ceiling. Drawer bottoms began to fall out since the staples missed going into the actual bottom of the drawers. City water port began leaking inside the RV. Water began running onto the floor. All 3 seals around slideout came off the vehicle. Speakers for TV mode of entertainment center have never worked. A/C fan in BR was loose and made a horrible racket. Water heater internal gizmo for electric mode went bad. Second year: We are now stranded at a campsite during a 3 day weekend due to power converter failing. At least that’s what I believe has happened. Still 6 months to go in second year. The first 6 months our Hemisphere was in the shop.
- Bill Helbig, Colorado

2019-07-12 2016 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 282RK View Listings

Bought brand new because we didn't want problems from an older one.....yeah right. Drove it home, opened it up, window decor was laying on couch, cupboard door under sink was apart and laying on floor ( my husband used liquid nails to put it back together), then the whole door fell off the hinges, Put fresh water hose on to get ready to go camping, came back out of house, and apparently there was no valve on the fresh water hose and all the water was running out. (Husband had to run around and get a valve and fix so we could go to our destination), under their protective rug in the doorway was a slit in the flooring. Didn't see until I put our rug down and took theirs out. Lifted the storage door over the bed to get a game out, and the door fell off the hinges and hit me in the head leaving a dent and a mark it hit so hard! Buyer beware! Cheap, Cheap, Cheap! I would of kept my older camper if I knew I would have to pay 15 years for such a cheap built, fall apart, parts missing, broken kitchen light camper!!! It won't last 15 years!!
- SXA1030, Ohio

2019-06-12 2018 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 272RL View Listings

Got this to travel but has been in shop warranty work was never done right now fresh water tank leaks took it in 3 times during warranty they said all good , well now its not, dealers wont work on yours if you dont by from them, not too happy
- Phil Cress , Ohio

2019-05-10 2017 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 356QB View Listings

I bought it from Choice RV which has there main location in Ocala Florida but the location that I purchased the unit from had a lot in Belleview Florida. The location was only in operation for about six months after purchasing it. First and unrelated to quality of unit. The dealership bate and switched me out for a different unit. Totally different VIN number than the one that we had agreed to purchase but we didn’t see that they were different until many issues where apparent. Back door was literally too small for the whole and it did not lock ( so they came and got it the following day after purchase from our home) we picked the unit up about 2 months later when they said that it was repaired. The pipes for the outside kitchen were literally ran backwards so that the water went into the sink instead of out of it . They ended up even giving me an extended warranty but not actually fixing anything on the unit. The company and the dealership were absolutely horrible to deal with. Even the fuses blew when we got it so they had to rewire it and cut all kinds of weird holes in the “basement“ to do so in a very shabby manner. One of the front jacks didn’t work so they gave me one that didn’t even match the other one. This was a brand new unit that we bought in what was supposed to be brand new condition and it was an absolute nightmare!
- Angelica , Florida

2018-08-25 2016 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 29BH View Listings

We have camped in for five times it is in excellent condition just wanting to move from a travel trailer to Fifth wheel. Purchased a cover for it last December never used still in box. Comes with E2 hitch making it easy to pull. Great to camp in with available to accommodate 10 people.
- Tony Eden, Tennessee

2018-08-04 2018 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 368RLBHK View Listings

Bought a 2018 camper and it leaks worse than a strainer on our first trip doors are leaking windows are leaking and Forest River doesn't want to fix it all warranty work well what about the mold that's going to set in
- Smith, Maryland

2018-07-04 2018 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 272RL View Listings

Love the floor plan,very little carpet, stainless steel appliances,fireplace gives off heat in the winter months, no need to turn on the furnace. Dual air condition, Residential refrigerater. This travel trailer is very comfortable.
- Donna Mestas, Florida

2017-08-21 2015 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 286RL View Listings

Absolute disaster...lost high temperature sensor twice for fridge,auto level broke first trip out,leak in kitchen tap and had to replace could not fix,furnace would not work and dealer replaced,pull handle dor grey water broke had to replace,now bedroom slide is stuck out.Have not had trailer 2 years.
- Ross, Ontario

2017-07-17 2016 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 312QBUD View Listings

I bought this camper in June 2016 and took it out for the first time, had issues from the start. The stabilizers didn't work, had issues with outside kitchen door. Now roof had to be replaced. don't buy.
- Jimmy, Florida

2017-07-04 2016 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 286RL View Listings

I have nothing but trouble from day one.whats wrong, tires,awning, sink, the walls seperated,trim never nailed, stripped out screws every where, 1 year old you touch skylight and it crumbles,ect ect do not buy one of these trailes
- Rodney Perysian, Texas

2017-07-02 2017 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 29IK View Listings

I have owned my unit since feb 22 2017 I have had it 1.5 weeks at home and the rest of the time it has sit at service centers getting leaking basement doors worked on and trying to get a entrance door repaired, because both were very poor workmanship in mfg. and u also get to have techs adjust stuff several times and then you get to beg customer service to get the warranty dept to lie to you and make you jump through hoops like a trained animal I wish I hadn't bought this unit
- Don, Missouri