Forest River Salem FSX

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Salem FSX RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Aaron S from Ontario says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 Forest River Salem FSX 197BH View Listings

We purchased our unit used. It was only used a few times for one season. Unit layout is nice but quality is poor. After Bringing it home noticed water dripping from the ceiling outlet. Caulk around the rubber roof along the entire front seam and fixed that. Then, noticed water on floor. Yet another leak around the hot water heater insert (not the heater itself). Again, new caulk and good. Like others have said, my 4 year old could cut neater holes for wiring and saw dust everywhere. Just left there. Good to absorb all the water. Ac freezes up if put on max. No reply from dealer or forest river. Regardless, 1 year is up so on my own. I can tell you these look nice inside and out but be warned, these are not built well. Part of the plywood roof has let go and is pushing against the rubber membrane so only a matter of time before that rubs through. Look at all the issues and it only 1 year old. What will happen in 3 years? If you are interested in parting with your hard earned dollars for a ongoing work project than forest river is your answer. I think if you are handy and very closely examine these every month they may last but my feeling is they are a throw away after 5 to 6 years. If I did not catch those water leaks, the trailer would have been trash in a year. Save your money and look elsewhere than forest river. The reviews are all true. Too bad they just would not put in a little extra. I would be happy to pay 10 or 15% more for a little extra quality.
- Aaron S, Ontario

2021-09-12 2020 Forest River Salem FSX 178BHS View Listings

Would give zero stars for workmanship/build quality. I would be ashamed to put my name on such a piece of crap. My 12 years old daughter who never held a hammer would do a better job on the assembly and cabinetry. Stay away from this brand. Every exit something breaks. Soooo disappointed.
- Fran├žois Lemay, Quebec

2021-08-14 2021 Forest River Salem FSX 28RT View Listings

Since we purchased our trailer in November 2020 it had been in the shop off and on more than we had it. It started with ramp not level and water coming in, then a busted pipe in bathroom. We noticed nail holes on roof and outside walls due to poorly made and poor inspected. The slide out was not secure or sealed property, all the tires were bad, some were already separated. A most importantly now the floors were not laid correctly, it has been in the shop for 4 months waiting to be repaired. We will never buy another forest river product. I can tell the service department people are trying to help but it seems like they have such a influx of bad campers being made that their repair shops are over run with need for repairs. We have missed the whole summer with our camper. It is such a disappointment for our family and a big loss of time and money for us. Our camper when in the shop on February 6 and is now at the second repair shop. We are so sad that we are making payments on something we have not been able to enjoy.
- Ashley Taylor, Louisiana

2021-07-28 2020 Forest River Salem FSX 177BH View Listings

This was a great first trailer for us. Very modern, easy to tow. Great layout for a small trailer. It has a large fridge, sink, shower. Its amazing what they fit into 22 feet. Our family had great memories in our Salem FSX!
- Brett Baron, Indiana

2021-07-07 2021 Forest River Salem FSX 167RBK Platinum View Listings

I cannot speak to warranty and support because I have not reached out to them yet. I love the looks, the floor plan, and how easy it is to tow. I do not mind the mattress (but I can also sleep anywhere). My main complain is the same as everyone else, you can tell they build it fast and with very little attention to detail. The AC unit is not amazing either, sometimes I wonder if its even working. It does work, but it does not cool down much. Overall, I am happy with my purchase, but I probably won't go with FR again.
- Veronica Zapata Velez, South Dakota

2021-04-05 2021 Forest River Salem FSX 210RT Platinum View Listings

We bought this as our first Toyhauler. The weather was nasty when we bought it and we were crunched on time so we didn't look at it as well as we should have and they didn't have time to prep it as well as they should have. Only major complaint, the engineer that designed the sewer drain placement needs fired. It's way to far forward and way to low so it drags on even the smallest incline going in and out of a driveway. They didn't bother cleaning up after themselves at all during manufacturing so every time you open a cabinet or vent saw dust and Styrofoam comes flying out. It looks nice until you see how poorly they screwed things together. There's glue drippings hanging 6 inches off all the pipes. The welds on all the aluminum were still covered with black soot. They could definitely use some QC instead of just slapping them together as fast as possible to get them out the door. To be expected, but the mattress on the bed is horrible. I wouldn't use it as a dog bed. All in all, it's on the low end of the market so it's not going to be as high quality as a trailer 2-3x the price. I just hope it last us a few years without any major issues.
- Dustin, Kansas

2021-01-07 2021 Forest River Salem FSX 167RBK Platinum View Listings

Perfect camper for couples. Easy to tow and set up. Love the new 2021 lighter interior. Murphy bed allows more living space during the day then our previous camper (2017 RPOD). Especially like The campground window, much larger bathroom and shower. 12’ Power awning is a huge plus as well as the outdoor refrigerator and propane gas quick connect. Plenty of interior storage. We absolutely love this camper after our first 3 months of ownership. Only criticisms so far would be the couch is not as comfortable as it could be nor the cushions on the dinette. We may upgrade those. Also installed the rear view camera, power tongue jack, and we had to buy our own TV to install in the camper. Probably did not need to but I also installed a weight distribution hitch system for the camper which makes the towing very comfortable, even in Oklahoma winds.
- Mark Winemiller, Oklahoma