Forest River Salem Cruise Lite RVs Reviews (35)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Salem Cruise Lite RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Gary Winzenburger from Missouri says:

Have you owned any Forest River Salem Cruise Lite RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 241QBXL View Listings

Trailer looks nice and is easy to pull, but the quality of workmanship is terrible. Roof seems that look like a child smeared the caulk without smoothing them. Sagging wires at front and rear of trailer. Toilet paper roller feel off wall from the weight of the roll!! Paper thin paneling. Screws that weren't seated, etc. etc. Pro's - Easy pulling, nice appearance Con's - Poor workmanship and even worse quality assurance.
- Gary Winzenburger, Missouri

2019-07-17 2018 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 273QBXL View Listings

I purchased this mess of a travel trailer in January 2018 from Funtime RV in Tualatin, Oregon. Unfortunately I paid cash I found problems from day one, and both the sales and service department personnel were unwilling to assist me to get any repairs done. First thing I noticed is the volume of hot water that was available, only about 1½ gallons before it turns cold. Then, it became obvious there was a problem with the furnace ducting, zero air (hot OR cold) comes thru the vent in the bunk room. Then, I notified them that the bathtub doesn't appear to be draining correctly, and it seems it is merely draining into the undercarriage of the trailer. (and within six months, the 'board', which actually is just a strange corrugated plastic, started hanging down and is full of water whenever the shower/tub is used). The window shades in the LR & BR, which were supposedly an upgrade began to fall apart within about 3 months. In September, 9 mos after purchase, I was running water in the kitchen sink to do dishes, as I turned my back I heard a loud hissing noise and the entire faucet assembly 'blew' off, flew across the trailer hard enough to leave a dent in the bathroom door. Oh, almost forgot, the bathroom door knob just fell off after 6 mos. Funtime RV and Forest River never responded to any of my emails, nor returned my phone calls. Despite proper TP, chemicals and weekly flushing, the sensor for the black water tank had read full since the first few weeks of use. The service mgr from the dealer told me that I needed to bring the trailer to their location and leave it "for a week or two", I don't feel comfortable towing it the 100+ miles, not do I have the ability financially or physically to stay in a hotel etc for a few weeks! (I am disabled due to Multiple Sclerosis, and was recently diagnosed with kidney failure). The sales and service staff were aware that I would be living full-time in this travel trailer while I enjoyed the calming atmosphere of the Oregon Coast. In fact, the salesman told me that it was "made right here in Oregon, ready to be used in our climate, and up to full-time, since Forest River knows so many people in the PNW are full-time RVers" My situation has changed, and I'm no longer in need of such a large trailer, but there's no way anyone would buy this in the current condition. I'm totally disgusted.
- Kathey, Oregon

2019-06-29 2019 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 19DBXL View Listings

Bought this TT 03/19. 06/12/2019 climbed a ladder to get measurements and found numerous bubbles on the roof (>70). I photographed and sent to Demontrond RV in Houston Texas. 10 days later Demontrond RV stated they sent my pictures to Forest River Salem Warranty division. Salem says all of these bubbles are just cosmetic. I pay this much for something I feel that the roof glue should not be coming off. These bubbles are every where not just on a seam. I did have to repair the water leak under the sink, I had to tie up the cable crossing underneath the camper because it was 2 inches off of the ground. I had to repair the plastic pieces inside the trailer that were improperly installed. This was my first travel trailer and definitely my last if it cannot last more than 3 months without falling apart. I have driven the trailer 326 miles total. I have stayed in it 3 days total.
- John Zerbe, Texas

2019-06-24 2019 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 243BHXL View Listings

Bought the camper from camping world, 1st mistake... First camping trip, outside sink leaked on to tan 120v outlet, blowed the GFI outlet. Hot water heater never worked, radio never worked, nothing is straight, horrible camper. Then having to deal will camping world warranty, wow! Never again
- Robert Lawson, North Carolina

2019-06-23 2018 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 273QBXL View Listings

Brand new and have not been able to use hot water since I opened it. Leaks everywhere. Toilet leaks, bathtub leaks so bad it can’t be used. I am at Clays Park 2 hours away from my dealership and home. Can’t get service without towing it around. I don’t have a truck and had it delivered because we are seasonal campers in a permanent location. So disappointed in my first camper!!!!
- Barbra Galbraith , Ohio

2018-12-16 2017 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL View Listings

As a full-time camphost, I purchased this trailer, set it up and lived in it for 10 days. When I went to move it, a motor on one side of the slide had died. After much back and forth with the dealer and manufacturers (months!) the dealer finally came and got it, took it to the plant in Southern California and fixed it. Every screw on the unit is too short. Cabinet door hinges come off in my hand. The sink leaks, the windows all stick and my roof looks just like the other person said, like a child playing with caulk. My only other complaint, beside shoddy workmanship, is that the TV is located behind the bathroom door and the “lounge chairs” are at the other end of the trailer. I need to drag a chair into the kitchen to see tv! I would be hard pressed to use this manufacturer again.
- Maggie, California

2018-11-19 2017 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 30KQBSS View Listings

Constant maintenance. Started out with refrigerator problems. They put the roof membrane right over top the roof vent. Unit ruined. No QC! Toilet pipe extended down to 1" off bottom of black tank. This caused toilet to clog every time. Inside trim falling off at several places. Door handles put on crooked. Had to replace Dometic toilet twice (Model 300) due to sewer holding up inside back of toilet. Outside front light broke at the switch and would not turn on. When you would drive down the highway, you could see the side start to flex out slightly due to the wind hitting front of camper. Bought new from dealer. Didn't come with spare tire, bunk bed ladders or TV. Thin coat of veneer on all inside furniture. Scratches off very easy. Put a piece of scotch tap on wall and later pulled off and veneer came off with it. Never again will I buy a Forest River. No QC!
- Mike J., Tennessee

2018-09-10 2018 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 201BHXL View Listings

I purchased my first ever travel trailer, a brand new 2018 Cruise Lite 201BHXL after months of research. I had to drive 16 hours round trip to get it due to a great deal this specific dealership was offering. I was extremely tired when I picked it up so I didn't do a thorough inspection, my bad. On the trip home, I had 2 of the amber marker reflectors fly off. I didn't realize this until I arrived home. No worries because I had plans to replace the horrible inefficient incandescent ones with LEDS anyway. The fabric material on the underbelly came off near the stabilizer jacks. The LED awning light strip was only partially working. The stabilizer jacks quit working due to the optifuses malfunctioning. Those fuses are suppose to be screwed or nailed to something yet they were just hanging by the wires inside the fabric underbelly material. The jacks wires had come loose from the optifuse due to the nuts, if there ever was any, were missing. When looking for the optifuse within the fabric underbelly with a minicam I noticed water damage on the wood already. I switched out the horrible tail lights to LEDs and found the holes for the wiring appeared to have been cut by a 3 year old with safety scissors rather than a hole saw. There were large chunks of excess silicone, loose screws, and sawdust everywhere I looked. I switched out all the outlets for USB ones and found half of them had the wiring very loose or completely disconnected. Every panel, door, or cubby, I open I realize what completely horrible craftsmanship/workmanship was done to complete this trailer. I took the trailer out for the first time 1 month after purchase, the stabilizer jacks quit working, the main electric jack quit working, the water heater didn't work, and the A/C didn't work. So here I am with a brand new trailer only 2 months old and it already has an appointment at the dealership. I would never recommend this brand for anyone to purchase.
- Stephanie, Tennessee

2018-09-04 2018 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL View Listings

We purchased our new trailer, loved it at first we have been out three times since we brought it home we paid in full end of June we’ll this past weekend the sofa bed collapsed and we were sleeping in the queen master bed and it collapsed at five in morning I cannot believe it was held together with staples who stapes a bed together cupboard is falling off and sink leaks into cutlery drawer very awful craftsmanship so disappointed.
- Sheri, Ontario

2018-08-17 2018 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 201BHXL View Listings

It started with them making us two incorrect models. That took 9 weeks. My wife was done already. I don't know if you noticed but stuff only happens when you're camping hours and miles from a hardware store. We're at Clays park in Ohio and my wife said there is water in the bathroom. I unscrew the panel to investigate. Being a 20 year veteran in the plumbing and pipefitting trade and construction industry I thought I could fix it. The people at Forest River should be ashamed of their craftsmanship and pride of product. They left a pex fitting uncrimped and now I'm suffering at 10:09 at night and no water for brushing baths and toilet for the kids and my wife. I opened every panel to find a valve to isolate the problem. There were none. What I did find was sawdust, hole saw cutouts left where they lay and just poor cleanliness all thought out the trailer. Holes that have silicone to seal them up are half done with drips and leftover messes everywhere. We've only used this on 4 small weekend trips. I was intending to pull this thing across country next year but I'm not confident in Forest River trailers. From start to finish this thing in my opinion is a lemon. I'm so mad I severely DO NOT recommend buying this trailer. This FOREST RIVER trailer is poorly constructed . It's like they hated me and my family while they were making it. By the way I have to mention that the radio doesn't work either the storage hatches don't seal, same with the big window and it's starting to rust and we haven't event made it to a salty winter. Yours truly. Very mad camper from Ohio.
- Jason P, Ohio

2018-08-04 2018 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 263BHXL View Listings

I need help finding the water pump my water tanks keep filling up even though the water pump is off don't k ow what can can see this problem it fills and then starts to throw it out cam some one one help me plzwill appreciate it
- Melissa Salinas, Texas

2018-07-12 2014 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 27RKSS View Listings

This unit is not worth your trouble! Poor quality, workmanship. Have had five leaks repaired, the kitchen faucet broke the fourth time we traveled. The air conditioner has been replaced two times, the level gauge in the black water tank no longer works. Just got back from ten hour trip and the roofing material has separated from up front and allowed water to enter the front area. Dealer said it's not covered. I have no recourse but to pay $900.00 for repair. I can't speak for the rest of Forest River's products but I can say this unit is garbage! At this point I owe too much to sell it without taking a loss. I can only hope the next hurricane will wash it away.
- Mark Howland, Texas

2018-07-09 2016 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 230BHXL View Listings

We love it! Not too big, or too small, sleeps 6 comfortably. 1st trip out it got really cold, heater had no problem keeping up, tows well with equalizer, lots of room with slide out. One issue was there was a LOT of saw dust, little pieces of scrap that came out from everywhere from a short trip on a washboard road! 2nd issue was the quality could be a bit better, just some areas that could have tighter tolerances.
- Dave Beedy, Montana

2018-05-27 2018 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 263BHXL View Listings

After downsizing from a 5th wheel to a travel trailer, I can say this trailer has no storage space! The kitchen cabinet should have 2 more doors put on for access to wasted space under the sink. The side compartment doors are very short height wise. You can't get a laundry basket in. The front walk through door doesn't fit well, and the wood work inside doesn't fit well, many sharp edges! The awning support arms, outside, are very low, I have already hit my head twice. I know I should be looking up More! Overall I liked my 15 year old 5th wheel better.
- Sheldon Hamilton , Wisconsin

2018-05-09 2018 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 201BHXL View Listings

I purchased this unit 3 weeks ago. I have found so far that when it was manufactured the cabinet above the sink on the outer side had multiple Staples running in a line through the covering of the wood. I have also found that the shower walls are falling off and only held by rivets. The double-sided sticky tape they use to hold it in place along with the silicone sealant isn't enough. The sticky tape is not sticking to the main wall. This means that it is not water tight and will distroy the bathroom. Unfortunately when I have tried to contact Forest River customer service I have received 0 respons.I have left multiple messages and emails and have never been contacted back. However I did finally get in contact with the parts department who offered to make me a new side for the cabinet and send it to me to install myself. I do appreciate the effort he was making but I am not able to install the cabinet siding and connect it to the shelving on the inside. Due to this I am very disappointed in the quality and customer service of Forest River.
- Greg Talbert, Washington

2018-04-12 2015 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 241QBXL View Listings

Owned for 2 years and really enjoyed the trailer. There are several features that were really good on it. My favorite was the large shower. The electric stab Jack's are also really great and make it easy to just pull over and put them out fast. The floor plan is very nice, functional and plenty of room if there are just a couple of you. I had it in for warranty work the first year, had a bad axle. Everything was taken care of but the time it takes to get approved and replaced is kind of ridiculous. Recently sold it to get a toy hauler but it was hard to let go because it was a great trailer!
- Chris B, Idaho

2018-01-17 2015 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 231RKXL View Listings

This trailer is very light weight and towable. We towed it with our SUV and once we got used to having a trailer following right behind the SUV, we hardly know it was there. We were able to take hills at normal speed. The two towing bars and the sway control bar made a big difference in the stability too. Don't forget to take off the sway bar before you back up! It is also great to be able to detach the trailer and have the SUV for all of our sightseeing in the area. The layout is great. We liked having the queen bed in a separate room. The large shower was great because we hate the public showers in the RV parks. The central heating and A/C controlled by the thermostat was perfect. I also liked the electric awning, stabilizers, slide outs which made setup and breakdown easy.
- John Pierce, Nevada

2017-10-20 2018 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 191RDXL View Listings

Purchased brand new 2018 Forest River Salem. Its hard to review the quality of these trailers, because the quality of the materials and equipment is fine. My issue is with the workmanship. Ducted Air did not cool, after investigation someone misaligned some sealing and the cool air was blowing right into the return. Water pump started cycling a lot, and opening it up found that a lot of black plastic shavings from when they mounted the water tank were clogging the prefilter, and also blocking one of the check valves on the pump. Overall love the price and quality, but if your not mechanically inclined, purchase one that someone has already gone through.
- Nate Smith, Arizona

2017-06-30 2017 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL View Listings

Overall the floorplan is great. It easily fits that family. The quality is not very good. There are items mounted crooked, the water pump was not hooked up (in fact I had to unscrew it from the floor and move it so the hose would reach), the underbelly has already ripped and needs replaced, the hydraulic to reposition the canopy will not hold, the LED lights under the camper do not work. I have only owned the camper from a little more than 3 months and took 3 different camping trips. I have call the dealer several times and get little or no response. They gave me the wrong keys, it took 4 phone call and 3 week until I received the correct keys. I called them about the pump and they never called me back. Overall while the camper has nice features, the layout is similar to other manufacturers, I would suggest to buy a different brand.
- Andrew Agosti, Pennsylvania

2017-06-05 2017 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 282QBXL View Listings

We have had our RV for about 4 months and it has been in the shop more times than we have actually used it. The quality of the workmanship is surprisingly horrible. The sliding door to the bedroom fell off, the water faucets are switched (hot and cold), the faucet knobs turn the wrong way, the refrigerator door in the outside kitchen was on the wrong side, and there is no ladder to get to the upper bunk bed on one side (seriously?!). We even called the manufacturer on the bunk bed access issue as the local dealer had no idea what was going on. They said they had this complaint before - no resolution. We have a step ladder in there now for our grandkids to get to the upper bunk. The toilet gets clogged with even the most minor solid waste. Yes, we have had to auger it out and manually unclog it many times. I wish I had done my homework before I bought this disaster. On the good side, the layout is what we needed as the bunk house is perfect for our three grandkids. We saw the bunk house and were sold on it. Not worth it considering everything else we have had to go through with this RV.
- Diane Venrick, Arizona

2017-06-04 2014 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 241QBXL View Listings

Easy to set up with electric sissors Jack's. Tows easy and floor plan is good for two people. No problems with this unit. Campers Inn were great to work with and offered expert advice. Will buy again when the time comes.
- T. Holcomb, Florida

2017-05-11 2017 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 171RBXL View Listings

My wife and I were looking for a small light-weight RV , yet wanted to have a couch to sit on during the day and early evening to watch TV. This model , 171RBXL seemed to be the perfect choice since the Murphy Queen bed could be easily released from the side latches and smoothly lowered onto the top of the couch which folded flat to hold the bed. Our other fhelpful features, s the double door refrigerator with the freezer on top and refergerator door below. The curvier shower has plenty of room and the bathroom has 2 huge clothes closets and 2 linen closets. We have had severall larger 5 th wheel coaches in the past , but this unit is the most size efficient and comfort blended together. Kudos to Forest River USA made engineering and quality . Paul & Kathy Gaskill
- Paul R. Gaskill, Florida

2017-05-07 2017 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 254RLXL View Listings

Electrical bare wires. Plumbing problems.drawers fell. Had to fix many problems on a brand new camper. We bought New to not have problems. Unbelievable the issues. Not to mention where we bought it the Service manager was very rude and said he would cancel our warranty. Hell of a place to do business
- Bruce hambleton, South Carolina

2017-04-03 2017 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite T241BHXL View Listings

My son has been a welder fabricator for 30 years!! After inspecting the frame there are missing welds, improper welds and that is very dangerous!! The towel bars and the hinges for the cabinet doors are falling off!! The low voltage alarm detector was being set off for no reason when the battery was fine! Not impressed at all in the quality!
- Sandra E. Kellem, Arizona

2017-02-16 2016 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL View Listings

We purchased this trailer for our family of 6 and a dog and we love I it. This is our first trailer and we wanted to ease into the camping scene. This is a great beginning trailer. The features are not overwhelming or complicated. We started out at local camp grounds and gradually increased our distance. Eventually, we took a cross country trip from Tennessee to California visiting attractions in between for 3 1/2 weeks last summer and it held up to four children under the age of 10, our 2 year old fur baby Lab mix and my husband and I. Looking forward to making more memories.
- Monique, Tennessee